Would it be a good idea, if you're not that good at fighting games...

Would it be a good idea, if you're not that good at fighting games, to pick up Guilty Gear Rev 2 and git gud before pic related comes out?

Attached: Guilty_Gear_2020.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/SpeedyFaithfulSamosaMikeHogu
youtube.com/watch?v=e4lYVei0uE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Sin or Ky?

Ky

I liked the ponytail he had.
Shame.

sin uses a flag as his weapon you retard

It's a boring game trust me you won't play it after a week let alone a few days. Might be fun to play with a a friend from time to time but that's abut it.

Not like characters never change or grow user.
For all I know he could've started attempting to emulate his dad.

Might as well play it until some one beats you and you cry the game is too hard and quit
I mean you'll only do the same thing with GG2020 but that will cost more

>It's a boring game trust me you won't play it after a week let alone a few days.
How does it stack up against other fighting games like SF and SC? I don't have much experience in anime fighting games.

Fighting game fundamentals carry over between pretty much every game so you could pick up whichever one interests you at the moment.

It's a lot faster and wilder.

Because of his Gear eye, he has to cut his hair every day. If he uses it's power directly, then his hair grows super fast. So I imagine that his hair will grow when he gets knocked down at Danger health.

Compared to more traditional fighting games, anime games (ArcSys especially) tend to have a lot of additional mechanics and systems before even getting into the individual gimmicks and mechanics that are exclusive to individual characters. That and they're generally much faster.

I was actually kinda hoping for it to be Sin, but that may mean Sin would just play like Ky and there wouldn't be anymore meat shenanigans

Is this a real plot point? When did Ky become/get revealed to be a gear all along?

He replaced one of his eyes with one of Sin's and it gave him Gear powers. That's why Sin has the eyepatch.

It was revealed in -Sign-
Ky get's shot by a member of the Conclave (big bad guys) named Axus, and gets back up with his eye glowing red and then destroys Axus with Rising Force.

Attached: 1534628733927.png (702x586, 370K)

I think they just swapped eyes. The eye Sin has covered is his real eye and the other one is Ky's.

Actually Sin's eyepatch is over his other Gear eye. He sees through Ky's eye, they swapped. Sin saw horrific visions, but was so young at the time he could never express what he saw properly. Ky developed his own limiter like Sol has, ripped out one of his eyes, ripped out his own eye and then put the limiter on him.

Thanks to gear regen powers, both eye transplants were accepted and also because any gear cells getting into a human body eventually cause them to become a gear themselves, Ky developed gear powers, although slowly.

guilty gear would be a bad choice to start the genre

start with something simple like super turbo or alpha 2

>Be Ky
>Join the Order to fight Gears
>Marry and impregnate a Gear
>Have a half-Gear son
>Have the prototype Gear raise said son
>End up becoming part-Gear
>Later realize that the prototype Gear is your Father In-Law

Attached: 1532130817516.jpg (512x523, 20K)

Do it for girls

Attached: 1541575212179.png (760x1200, 665K)

Jesus you're retarded.

So to do johnny's MC cancel, its just special cancel-able move, cancel into mist finer, hold button, press HS, press whatever you want to afterwards right?

Super Turbo is the classic but I have to imagine it would be hard to get into as a first game itself. People still playing it are going to be really good at it, and there's a lot of aspects of the game that are confusing like random Stun values. Alpha 2 is probably best to learn first because it's the most "standard" Street Fighter after ST without those issues. ST is definitely good to learn with early on though.

All according to plan

Attached: 1541190145515.jpg (352x463, 37K)

Ky's life was both shit and amazing. He gets to legally pound an at the time 5 year old. Said 5 year old is smarter then him. Gets to have a kid that he never had to raise because it took him 3 years to hit adulthood and half of that time he was out of the house anyway. Also he's the king of a part of a super country, even if it's only in a puppet capacity, but the people that were in charge are all dead and he killed one of them personally.

>guilty gear is boring

fucker i dont know what you think is entertaining if you think guilty gear is boring.

clips.twitch.tv/SpeedyFaithfulSamosaMikeHogu

dude if you get into it, there's no other fighting game that comes close. not even close. the amount of polish and content that is just packed into every iteration of guilty gear is fucking nuts. the developers love the shit out of their product -- the lead dev even writes the guitar tracks for the in game music, all the voice actors have tons of extra hidden lines and stuff, it's great.

the gameplay allows for more flexibility than any other fighting game you can find. There's no one way to play any character, and your Sol will be totally different than someone else's. Compare that to Street Fighter, where your character basically dictates your entire gameplan no matter what, forever, or tekken, where you remember min-maxes and dial-a-combo in every situation, and there's no comparison.

the shitters on Yea Forums don't ever have much to say about gg because it is dense as fuck and requires commitment to get good at, and I will shill the fuck out of it forever

>tldr
play guilty gear

Attached: 1508640160059.jpg (1692x1252, 111K)

If you're interested in it then go for it.

It's plenty of fun.

>To Be Fair You Have To Have a Very High IQ to...

Attached: 1564874680638.gif (320x240, 2.73M)

>I don't have much experience in anime fighting games

Then stay away from this game cause you will waste your money. Don't listen to these idiots who just want you to spend your hard earned cash so they have one more person to fill their empty lobbies. Only buy it if you have a friend you can play with consistently and have fun or fuck around with

not at all.

What kind of reasoning is that? Everyone who plays thee games, or even fighting games in general, didn't have any experience with them at one point. Why stay away from something you're interested in just because you have no prior experience with it?

Yes, I'm just like you user and I'm having a ton of fun with Rev 2.

Just wait for the new game and jump right in, you'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine~

Attached: 1546774088059.webm (720x405, 2.57M)

OP here, I'm going to give it go. The game looks like a lot of fun and Daisuke Ishiwatari seems like a fucking amazing mad man.

Just use the player lobbies when you go online. Nobody plays in ranked or world lobbies.

Based OP. Fuck all those idiots saying you shouldn't start with Guilty Gear
It's actually surprisingly easy to learn the moves compared to other fighting games, the difficult part of learning the game comes in the form of the multiple layers of mechanics on top of the core fighting gameplay.
The game is great, I'm new to fighting games and not that good in general, but I've had a better and easier time picking up Guilty Gear than I have with Street Fighter.

>What if we just had a character that plays pool
Holy hell Venom, I thought you were scary in XX, but this is a whole new level of bullshit.

Venom won't be base game for lore reasons so he won't have to deal with that as a brand new player.

>jump back fullscreen while venom is setting up
Why?

Good choice and just in time to rage with us when the next version hits and it runs out to be bad

"Surely if I get close to Venom I'll fuck him u-"

Attached: 1534799102637.webm (888x500, 2.93M)

I'm telling you do not start with a setplay heavy anime fighter like GG. You will burn yourself out on fighting games. Even the GG players I know IRL say the same shit. 99% of the people in these threads are shitters that just fap to baiken and can't play the game worth a fuck. Same with the retards on /r/kappa (cancer).

Play a basic ass game like super turbo or alpha 2 for 100 hours. You will thank yourself later. When rev vanilla came out I "started" with that and I just got fucking raped and it was not fun. But now that I have fundamentals from playing SF I can play whatever I want.

Or you can be like the 9 million other people I've added to steam and wanted to start playing FGs, started playing something like gg because they heard it was more hardcore, and put in like 50 hours and give up. It's a marathon not a sprint.

GG was the first fighting game I really got into, and it was fine for starting. If you enjoy the game you'll stick with it, if you don't you won't, you're better off playing something that captures your interest even if it'll be tough rather than playing something you're not interested in just because you're told it's simpler. If you want to play Guilty Gear, play Guilty Gear, you don't need to play a bunch of other games beforehand. If the question was "I want to get into fighting games, what should I start with?" then maybe recommending something simple would be sensible, but if the question is "I'm interested in GG, should I play it?" then, telling the person to play Street Fighter instead is a dumb response.

it's easily the best modern anime fighter and way better than SF5 could ever hope to be but it's got a real stinker of a learning curve if you're new to the genre.

It's straightforward and teaches you everything really well, but the execution can be a real bitch to pull off if you're rusty.

It's hard to say if you'll get that many matches given the game's age/lack of accessibility (there are auto combos but fuck that noise), and those matches will probably reck you pretty good.

Super Turbo is very fast and requires very good execution. You won't find a lot of newbies playing it, same deal with Alpha although this one isn't as execution heavy until you start trying to optimize your custom combos.

oh man I didn't even think to try doing charge ball out of grab, I'm still so used to Isuka that I just double head morbid every time

Rev2, MK9 and KoF13 are the most fun fighters right now. Rev2 is really wholesome and feels very comfy and fun.
It fucking drops frames for some reason at times..

Attached: 1565134014369.png (1921x1080, 1.26M)

>fight jacko
>3rd round
>final stage
>we are head to head tie all the time
>halfway my health
>I transform into a tall red black beast
>like an evangelion
>play a bit
>become sol again tired

W-what happened?

That power only lasts for a short period of time.

>This is a 9 year old
>A 9 year old that has canonically had sex with a 20+ year old and is married to him
>A 9 year old that also has given birth
Jesus christ Daisuke.

Attached: dizzy-lastperiod-x-guiltygear.png (1024x1024, 307K)

Dragon Install.

Attached: Sol Mirror.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

She's not human, so it's different.

It is random or I did something?

Why does the game drops frames at times? I have sync and fxaa on.

No, it's one of his Overdrives, you just input 214214H. The frame drops sounds like a personal issue.

No offense, but you should at least do the tutorial or look at your movelist before anything else.

I really didn't have time today but wanted to do the sol run before bed.
I learned lots of moves and kicks with his Zippo lighter and some aerial combos. He is fun, not as slow as before.

Guilty Gear really is fun but there's a few ridiculous things that ruin the game.
>Zato infinite block strings with Eddie
>Axl Zoning
>Venom Zoning

I don't even mind characters with strong oki like Chipp and Millia because it takes skill to do it consistently.

speaking of sol mirrors
youtube.com/watch?v=e4lYVei0uE8

You can still do it just have a lot of willpower and spend a lot of time on it.

A 9 year old that is also smarter then most people in the world bar Sol, That Man and Dr. Paradigm. I bet she read up on reproduction many times. Really Ky's feat should be more about how the fuck he managed to convince Necro to let him fuck Dizzy.