I liked Starsector, is EVE anything close to that?

I liked Starsector, is EVE anything close to that?

Attached: yaSb23I.jpg (1024x995, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgYuHxpYT0U
is2.Yea
youtube.com/watch?v=Whr2NRIuJvs
youtube.com/watch?v=LmsFGdDHzYU
youtube.com/watch?v=RMFahR4wXTg
youtu.be/jpkeAQG6kQw?t=18
mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM
fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/
youtube.com/watch?v=urHIqzjv8rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not even close

It's more like excel.

>LOTR online
Oh yeah, that was a thing.

This is my fleet, it's a giant piece of shit but it's what I have. What's a reasonable way to make money?

Attached: java 2019-08-08 17-38-55-50.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

getting a commission and killing whoever is the enemy of said faction.

What's a good outfit for an Enforcer? I just put 4 linked annihilator rockets on the hardpoints and some kind of autofiring machine guns on the 3 front facing ballistic points. With expanded missile racks each annihilator can fire 100 times.

I've downloaded almost every mod I could find and randomized the universe. My game has become an absolute fuckfest with factions at war with each other in every corner of the core world's. I need to escape this hell Ive created. What kind of loadout do you guys have when you leave the core world's to explore? Any tips on finding stuff? My first attempt only had me find abandoned mudskippers near a sun and that deleted my supplies and basically killed me

I'm a pirate, everyone is my enemy. Most of the fleets in my home sector are either gonna mollywhop me or are too fast for me to catch. Also I forgot some ships in storage.

Attached: java 2019-08-08 17-54-08-55.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

yes

Just get a freighter full of supplies and a tanker full of fuel. Anything that makes the resource usage lower is a plus. Not that you need a huge fleet anyways, just few destroyers should suffice

>EVE Online
>hard
Don't know what I hate more, this game or its fucking fanbase. Fucking hell what a pile of shit. At least it's pretty with unique designs.

Attached: 1523480612630.jpg (393x354, 32K)

1) invest in tempest class frigates
2) acquire phase lances and pulse lasers
3) put safety overrides on them, max flux venting
4) try to fit on unstable injector if possible
5) become death itself

thoughts?

oh boy... You could try raiding the mining fleets, i'm pretty sure those are the weakest civilian fleets out there.

Who's the best faction to get a commission from? I'm tempted to go for the space jews

explain?

Other than the fact the take place in space and feature spaceships they are nothing alike.

isn't eve pay to win garbage now

youtube.com/watch?v=YgYuHxpYT0U
You have been visited by the Speedy Shrike of Buttrape.
Good flanks and swift victory will come to you but only if you reply "Finesse ships are not for bots"

I used three of the big of the second largest freighters, two of the largest tankers, and a defense fleet of three destroyers (one apogee and two others that are more combat-based) and four frigates iirc. That outfit should be able to kill drone fleets from probes, and it has enough fuel and storage that you can survey/salvage entire galactic quadrants before you have to go home. You'll clear the entire map in 6 trips or so, maybe less if you get lucky.

Attached: 1453247721287.jpg (300x186, 15K)

It was a great thing. Shit was dope until it went F2P

Tri tachyon also has the advantage of not being murdered in your sleep by [REDACTED]

entirely depends on your fleet, 1 ships loadout and indeed its role changes based on what your fleet lacks or has.

you can buy game time for cash and sell it to players for ISK that's it

People mine at asteroid belts and shit right?

cant you buy skill points with the premium currency though?

No. Do your own research. Also learn to spell.

>POTBS

new pirate MMO when?

yes. You can also try to hunt in hyperspace, just be sure of having your transmitter off and stick to the trade routes for safety.

tritach is pretty great as their military ships are good and you get a monthly autismbux tugboat

too bad this only really works on 1 vs 1

>Get Medusa
>Get 7 antimatter blasters
>Bind them to 1
>???
>Profit
Enjoy your 10k burst damage

Attached: teQsYzf.png (429x600, 211K)

Apparently smuggling organs and supplies is a good way to make money

Attached: java 2019-08-08 18-02-52-29.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

no, only with ISK. you can buy an extractor for real money to turn skill points into a marketable commodity. but yeah you can obviously sell game time for ISK and use it to buy skill points. doing so will get very expensive very quickly since the skill injectors lose efficiency the more points you have.

doesn't that fills your flux meter immediately?

How do you see market prices?

how can I research why you dislike eve other than asking you mate?

press F1 and you have to be in range of a hyperspace relay.

Guys, my alpha ai core has is becoming increasingly hostile to women. What should I do?

YEAH I'M MAKING MONEY RIGHT NOW

I'M MAKING MONEY SELLING DRUGS TO JIHADIS

Attached: java 2019-08-08 18-07-50-36.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

In groups vs groups you just use your allies to advantage and fuck with the enemies position.
Either you or your ships will rape their flank eventually.
That or you can just get a shade/afflictor and do that in any situation at all times.

Attached: little shit.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)

wow that's bad, surely the game is losing players with a change like that??

luv me fighters
simple as

Attached: gangbang.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

change its gender to a truck. that should fix the issues. the problem is that you need to get the AI first.

Dont get high from your own supply!

of course it is, it's old as fuck. but why is that bad?

My brother from another mother!

Yes, user, I see your point. But
Torpedo bombers. Eh?

>spark spam
simpler times

I haven't played in like 10 years but I vividly remember completing big skills being the most satisfying part of the game, the one constant in the game for all players is now skippable for whales who pay the tax

What is the best loadout for the Doom? Energy, ballistic or missiles?

I'm getting ready to found my first colony, and I'm curious about how I should set up my industries. So in this system, I have two planets, and one has Abundant Organics, Trace Volatiles, Moderate Ore Deposits, and Rich Farmland. This is a Terran planet with 75% hazard. The second planet has Common Organics, Moderate Ore Deposits, and Sparse Rare Ore Deposits. It's an Ocean planet with 175% hazard I wouldn't consider without it being in the same system as the first gem. I'm limited to 4 total industries per planet out of 8 as far as I can tell, and I want one to have a store since this system is midway between core and some more distant stars that are also good for colonies, and I'm tired of needing to go back to the center all the time. Since they're right next to each other I imagine they can synergize pretty well.

Attached: 1425621554616.jpg (803x790, 84K)

>Started the game
>Tried to join a corp
>Had to do a job interview

Attached: 1506558098133.jpg (600x338, 72K)

waiting for 30 days or more is satisfying to you? I don't understand.

Oh and I forgot, I had everything with Solar Shielding and the civilian ships with Militarized Subsystems and Survey Equipment. Makes it so every planet only costs 5 supplies to survey, solar storms hardly cause damage, and you should be able to run from anything too strong.

starsector is better.

obviously. you also need to submit to background checks. do you think it's a game son?

FINESSE SHIPS ARE NOT FOR BOTS

Attached: 1565098306419.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

no. starsector is a playpen and eve is riot.

I found something in the deepest depths of my orbital station. Thousands of prototype android bodies! "She" is trying to become mobile! I need to ask me secretary about it. She is pretty good with stuff like this.

How lucky am I, and how good is this? 2nd system, first terran planet I found.

Attached: screenshot000.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

>class V
>is it good?

Just set up a heavy industry and fuel factory along with a waystation, that way you'll have massive supply and fuel storages for your endgame fleets. Commerce is not actually worth it..
You dont need those two industries for waystations to stockpile fuel or supplies, but it makes it way faster

They need to know you're not a spy before they invite you to their lowsec base.

On which?

One of the best subtle things about this game is that you get exp for fucking everything, not just combat. I think 10+ of my levels are just from selling and salvaging shit.

I wish factions were less retarded and could do some diplomacy rather than sperging at you or ignoring you.

>he didn't attend Eve-University
How can you even EXPECT to land a good job?

Eve is a game where you CAN enjoy it casually, but for the most part it is not fun to play it casually.

EVE is also probably the most rewarding video game to invest lots of into. The problem is you have to treat it like a second job if you really want maximum satisfaction out of it. Personally I quit it years ago.

>level 2 hegemony vengeance fleet contains TEN onslaughts
how the FUCK do you fight this?

Oh boy, that's a literal jewel of the crown. the only "downside" is that it has poor farmlands, but everything else is perfect for a self sufficient planet.

dat sum HIGH GRAVITY son?
enjoy your entire colony becoming manlets over time

nigga, you better lock that shit down before someone else does.

3-4 onslaughts at a time? It's easy if you got a decent fleet of your own.

It doesnt really matter where theyre set up
I'd put mining on the one with volatiles cause those are rare as fuck

it really doesn't matters since the planet will import whatever it needs/you take from it.

If you do research on EVE you'd easily understand why anyone sane would think it's garbage.

two words:
phase
frigates
and carriers filled with reaper torpedo bombers.

Not him but: there is 0 complexity or learning curve in eve because the game is extremely shallow. The best comparison is: you are given 100 different kiddy pools (the kind where the water goes to the ankle). It takes all of 30s to enjoy them for all their worth (or "master" them if you will). Only if you have major 'tism or mental issues are you going to enjoy being there that much longer for the sake of the pool itself though. Moreover, different as they are, each pool is still just a kiddy pool in the end, not that much of a difference if you get down to it. Also it's not like in typical grindan scenarios where you repeat the same shallow actions forever and then progress because unlike in other games, all progress is passive (you put a bunch of skills in a queue that progresses in realtime whether or not you're online, and only then, as well as with no other prerequisite, can you get better weapons or tools/bigger ships/better ability to play the market/etc.) and there is no real difference in terms of e.g. environment, challenges (as if there were any in the first place), zone access, game content or anything like that.

How do you start a game with exploration ? I never seem to get any missions and remnant defenses are deadly at the start. I always just slide into selling drugs to pirates for some easy 100k s

So I got Diable and Neutrino as facitons recommended to me last thread. I also got recommended Blackrock and Outer Rim Alliance but I don't like the way their ships look.
What are some other balanced faction mods? I want none of that "NUH UH MY FACTION HAS THE BESTEST SHIPS EVER THEY HAVE INFINITE SHIELDS AND FLUX AND ARMOR AND GO SUPER FAST" shit

i used to be a nullsec tryhard but now I just mine in hisec while watching netflix. it's chill. I still sometimes go for pvp roams if I want a little more. eve is as much or as little as you want it to be.

But I want to be efficient. You're both being pretty confusing, do I JUST put a mine and a heavy industry on both? Even the one without rare ore?

by behind stealthy and cost efficient in terms of travel.

You don't understand, m8, you need to do your own research to realize why EVE is filled to the brim with sociopathic assholes.

your post is wrong. nullsec alliance life is not the same as hisec life, which is not the same as wormhole life, which is not the same as faction warfare life. pvp is not the same as pve and is not the same as industrial. dunno how you get to that.
nigger I play every day and I can't read your mind. did you get roped into goonswarm as an F1 monkey or something?

Anyone got a cracked copy of the latest verison senpai

start a colony and invest in heavy industry.

so it's "some guy blew me up for no reason and now I'm pissymad"?

watch sseth's video, his cd key is in there so you can play the game for free

what? just download it off the site you idiot.

imagine being the owner of a corp, and some dude joins, so you interview him and all and he's a nice dude
he climbs up the ranks of the corp, is active, is present, helps around, contributes to the corp, and all that, just to get more and more important ranks
and in the end, when he gets access to the finance of the corp, he steals everything and leaves, it turns out he spent months being friends with you, just to fuck you over, and he planned this from the start

this is peak sociopath behaviour and only happens in EVE

You've named a bunch of kiddy pools. Well done. But, how does that contradict anything I said? In the end, a kiddy pool remains a kiddy pool. The water in one is colder than the other, but that doesn't mean all that much.

>EVE is also probably the most rewarding video game
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DID YOU REACH THAT CONCLUSION BEFORE OR AFTER LETTING YOUR SKILLS PASSIVELY LEVEL-UP FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR JUST TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SHIP YOU ONE DAY MIGHT BE ABLE TO AFFORD?

Attached: 123597566264.jpg (452x452, 33K)

yeah, probably.

>MMO
>skill
lol.........

>paragon class has teleport
what the fuck how. all the ones ive been pumping out have the fortress ability

yeah that's cool as fuck man. trust is the most valuable commodity in eve.
okay man

the same way this is possible
is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1565141365444.webm

AHEM attention please

FUCK NC
AND FUCK JANNIES

>It's cool as fuck to pretend to be someone's friend for months, even years, just to screw him over
See? People with sociopath tendencies enjoy EVE, thank you for proving my point.

>nigger I play every day
That's why I fucking said "anyone sane would think it's garbage". You're not fucking sane. You're addicted to a garbage game, in too deep, with too much money and time invested into this piece of shit to be able to form objective thoughts. You're a junky on sunk-cost mode.

Simple.

Attached: 1549401145054.jpg (78x87, 3K)

No, you autistic weirdo. You can jump in the game and start doing neat stuff immediately with a brand new toon if you aren't a pathetic brainlet.

espionage is a valid career path. your point?

Youre complaining about socipaths on Yea Forums?

holy shit!
what shit and what are those weapons?

okay dude why are you so upset tho

>Starsector thread
>full of good will, freindly banter, and helpful advice

>bring EVE into it
>autism shit flinging contest
>multiple anecdotes showing how fucked up the community is

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I see a clear winner, here.

Attached: 1564605191482.jpg (314x246, 14K)

I'm always jealous of inferior people like you who can enjoy eve because it's a really cool concept despite being so shallow and disappointing.

>espionage is a valid career path
For sociopaths

Fuck off, the closest thing to a sociopath in Yea Forums is schizo poster and fedora tippers that think they're cool and edgy because they once mumbled "nigger" under their breath in public.

I mean, maybe back in the day but that flame died years ago

ok man

Just started star sector and a little overwhelmed at the ship customization

so I got shallow guy and sociopath guy who both just want to repeat their favorite word over and over and not explain their problems. so i'll say it again: okay man.

turn off your transmitters and go dark whenever a fleet locks on you. they will lose track of you and will return to their normal patrol.

>do I JUST put a mine and a heavy industry on both?
No, place a mine on both planets to get their raw resources, a heavy industry on one, place the commerce on another and preferably also add a fuel factory on either one.
>But I want to be efficient.
It doesn't really matter where you place the industries(except the mining ones for obvious reasons) because they will get the resources they need from your other colonies at no cost (and if they don't have them, they will buy them from the other factions), but since your planets are on the same system and have what the other need there is no efficiency loss and your colonies will become self sufficient in no time.

If only it was real espionage and if only people actually used their real accounts to do it instead of making a billion more alts so nobody can tell it's them. But instead they always take the cheap way out that makes it kinda gay and pointless. For example, proper intrigue and actual stakes would be there for the "spy". Instead they just render themselves immune to any danger.
"spy" because it's not really espionage. Nobody does espionage. Actually posting people in someone else's guild so you know their plans and you can report back would also be cool. But nobody does that. It's all self-centered theft of resources and nothing else.

I've been selling drugs and organs for 10 or 15 minutes and have a bit over 300k. Is that enough to colonize something?

Why are the axis the wrong way around?

>if I ignore every argument the argument doesn't exist
okay man

Your subscription is running out

Attached: picapee.jpg (900x900, 89K)

yeah you don't know what you're talking about

not in the slightest
at least 2-3 mil

what's bothering you?

all you need to remember is those three things
>ballistic fucks up shields
>explosive fucks up armor (after shields are down, then)
>laser is good at both, but not as good separately as both weapon types above.
don't hesitate to play withthe jury rigging ship mods (the little icons on the right, below the ship stats). Some of them can be game breaking.

What about the farming?

you sound like a fucking psychopath from your posts, m8

there are no arguments, that was my point. only adjectives.
see what i mean? follow these chains and try to find any sort of complaint. the closest I got was the guy who was sad he can't wait 30 days for skills any more, which you can.

real espionage is joining horde and flying a tackle roq to one of their mining ops.

this, wtf OP

yes, but you might need to check of the colony will be profitable from the get go, otherwise you might need to dump between 200 and 500k extra credits before you see any money.

ok dude

noice

Attached: 1519548915073.jpg (500x664, 32K)

place the industry on the planet that has the best farming. If for some reason you run out of industry slots, replace the shittier mining with farming/aquaphonics.

To be on the safe side, I would wait until you are in the 700k zone. Buy some ships, take on some bounties; a colony is by no means the end game in starsector. Take your time.

Unfortunately Starsector threads are quickly devolving into the latter. The last thread was probably 75% forum modder autism.

>e-uni spergoids
not even once

Best way to keep a good fuel economy?

it's not ok, lad. It was never OK.

okay man

Test

just 1v1 at the sun already
t1 frigs like it was meant to be

shhh. don't talk about that, and it will go away.

fuck, that's disappointing, then. I was in one earlier today and it was just fine.

No EVE is more close to old mmoropg with social shit. In EVE case it's more like RL simulator.

ok man

he's too scared of getting blown up by meanie eve players

Generally you put your heavy industry/orbital foundry/expensive shit on low haz world and let the mines from your other colonies send ore there. i tend to avoid to only put a refinary on every second mining world as that lowers what % of the market share of that good you have, and in turn lowers expeditions being triggered.

Fuck up Sindria's fuel production
Now you removed the only real competitor you might have had

Basically, I have 2 colonies with the traits I described and 8 industry slots between them. I want to know what 4 industries to put on that Terran planet, and what 4 industries to put on that Ocean planet. Everyone just keeps giving me partial information
Like you're asking me to make judgement calls on things I have no idea about. Which one is better for heavy industry? What about the leftover slots? All I can construct from what you're saying is to put a Farm, Heavy Industry and Refinery on the Terran planet and a Mine on the Ocean planet? What about the last slot on the Terran planet? What about the three other ones on the Ocean planet? Wouldn't it be better to put the Heavy Industry on the planet with the actual Mine? Is the Refinery hurt by not having Heavy Industry on the same planet?

No you idiot, gas mileage! Cant you fucking read?

there is literally Sseth's normal version review of EVE. It's best EVE review in internet and tells you everything about game

Attached: 1565284333955.png (317x650, 328K)

This is the most DBZ-ish thing I've ever seen

spark spam, you say?

Attached: screenshot023.png (1920x1080, 980K)

To be fair, you can make an economy out of selling fuel to the other factions, but to answer your question, only take the ships that you need, learn how to use the hyperspace storms to your advantage and learn the skill that lets you use the emergency burn for free.

Ah, I see you have chosen the degenerate portrait pack, as I did.

From what mod is the big hammerhead? i'm digging those colors.

Time should be on the bottom since it’s a constant

Mayasura. Not an actual faction, but adds ships and fighters to persean league with a focus on midline battlecarriers.

Attached: mayasura.jpg (1310x1778, 229K)

Where do you get astrals from

OOH, sexy.

>half the ships are hammer head but bigger and better
god tier mode

Attached: 1563312184298.jpg (833x925, 88K)

Are Gryphon class cruisers as good as they look?

How does the black market affect your reputation?

ok how about now

Attached: java 2019-08-08 19-06-30-39.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

how good do they look to you?

I just got into tutorial combat in starsector, unlike what I have seen before, there was a weird grid like thing and I had no idea what I was doing. then I realized I could vaguely see my ship getting dabbed on through the grid thing. what the fuck was that?

WHY ON EARTH WILL YOU DO ALL THE WORK TO SMUGGLE FROM HYBRASIL SECTOR TO AL GEBAB, TURN YOUR TRANSISTOR OFF AND GOING DARK JUST TO NOT PAY 12,000 IN THITES TO EVERY SINGLE SHIP THAT FINDS YOU, JUST TO PAY 30% TAX FOR THE SPACE JIHAD?!

They'd be CHAD manlets, though

the grid is basically the macro management window, where you give your fleet (or just some ships) specialized orders. to get out of there and enter the normal view press TAB.

is there a list of recently scanned planets or anything? i have a class5 scan but no fucking idea which planet or system i got it from cause was scanning a bunch of shit.

>between 500 and 600k
That's fine, just make sure that your first industry is the one that makes you more money and don't over commit by building too many structures at the same time.

Real fuckin good, missiles are my lifeblood

I would like to know that too.

>know that
know what in specific?

meant for

then what the fuck are you even asking, go for it.
Go for what you like and have fun.
I myself need fast ships.

sorry about that.

tfw your colony finally starts to make bank

Attached: 607.gif (644x362, 3.73M)

The Javanicus has no reason being that fucking fast for a capital
But it is
Fuck yeah

>when you get your hands on a phase ship

Attached: its over.gif (480x320, 947K)

>exported goods account for 20% of the sector market for your colony alone

Attached: 1539202941990.jpg (222x329, 20K)

Is there any better indication you've completely blown someone the fuck out than when they start repeating you? The only thing that could make you seem more mad to me is replying to this post.

I love having a fucking wall for a fleet that I can push ships into

I forgot you were even still in the thread :/

EVE would be perfect if it were single player and with more planetary interaction rather than just random industry shit.

hush, this is a starsector thread now.

>find an ok place to start a colony in and unsuveyed system
>fucking overruned by the space jihad
>all calling me a servant of moloch, and asked a 15000 thite
>every single fleet in the planet starts chasing me to rob me fucking 15000 tri-tacoins.
What should i do? Look for someplace else, this one is 0% hazard, or 100% counting the base hazard, or call the serb on these spacesheep fuckers?

> The only thing that could make you seem more mad to me is replying to this post.
Thanks user

not him, but it's called delayed gratification. the game fucking sucks post plex

can you take on their space station yourself?

Go full manifest destiny on the jhadist asses.

After you make a transaction on the black market, local patrols will be on the lookout for you fleet. If they scan you and find illegal goods, your reputation with the corresponding faction will suffer.

there's a station in there that you can blow up and put your own down

Man, really starting to feel the wolf's shortcomings. Any good replacements for these girls?

>Luddic Path
NOT AGAIN FUCKING BATTLE FORTRESS

Attached: 1519670036578.gif (250x242, 12K)

why cant i fight the pirates? my colony keeps "letting them go" only to have the pirates stay and attack

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 446K)

tempests. frigates suck ass in larger engagements though, they're inferior to fighters.

I feel you, I got to the same turning point recently. I replaced my wolves with shades. They're the cheapest phase frigate option around. 8 requisition a pop, I usually equip them with 3 anti matter blasters and rig them for speed. They don't teleport around like the wolf, but the phase ability outshine the latter in every way.

Attached: ShadeShipIcon.png (240x300, 15K)

because the pirates disengage immediately after entering the battle and since the star fortress can't move, well, that happens.

is there any fast way to become overpowered?

Eve's not even that hard but it's difficult to master.
Just fit up some ships, undock and have some fun.

install console command mod

are salvage rigs worht it?

probably worth taking one

If you're planning to do a lot of exploring and can expect to find lots of things floating in space to salvage yes. Once you can afford them Badgers are better because they're bigger hulls so you get a bigger salvage bonus and they can fit surveying equipment so your planetary surveys are cheaper in one neat fleet slot. Can be given a decent number of supporting armaments too to provide support when you really need it and they have a fighter bay.

Yes, they help with the salvage process and when you are getting stuff from the debris clouds.

most of the issue is nullsec carebears blowing unimportant shit way out of proportion.
if they nerfed the shit out of citadel industry production and the like the game would be better.
literally everyone and his dog has multiple Super alts. no-one fights when everyone can instantly teleport a few hundred Supers across the universe.

At least CCP Hellmar is based with trying shit like the nullsec blackout and wanting to do more experiments to "destablize and shake-up the game"

What retard put time as the y axis

Attached: 1564131207453m.jpg (1024x596, 26K)

Unless you are trying to apply to some cliquey "elite pvp" corp application is usually just asking what you can fly and that's it. Even the big and major nul alliances will have at least a few corps in their roster who don't give a shit and will take literally anyone. There's also a bunch of corps specifically for alpha players that will let you be a meat shield in big blobfests like Brave newbies, pandemic horde and whatever the goon one was.

This.
t. Pirate/Wormhole dweller

What's your favourite EVE video and why is it Fishbowl 007?

youtube.com/watch?v=Whr2NRIuJvs

Attached: 1555586226675.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Intel > Planets, check the uncontested or something like that box on bottom right, sort by class.

>not Clarion Call 3
Maybe it's because wormholes are my way of life but fuck you

maybe.
i have shit ships, but i'll manifest my boot on thier sandy asses.
sweet.
hell yeah brother.

I've lived in wormholes since 2015 and that's a close second desu

Attached: based.png (222x137, 7K)

>finally upgraded to military base so I can finally stop babysitting my planets
>directly upgrading into the next rank so they can probably take on anything that is thrown at them now
can't wait to go visit the hegemony and bomb their planets for all the inspections and raids they've done

Attached: 1558137304283.jpg (720x540, 63K)

>time change is on the y axis

Attached: 2c.jpg (200x313, 13K)

If you want to cheese the jihadists, you can engage them, but only send one ship, run away from them and then exit the battle, that should give you some advantage because their CR will be partially decreased.

can you post AI faction tournament vid?

How is this bitch class V with 150% hazard rating, 3+ rare min, -+ rare min and +- voletiles? It doesnt seem that great.
>2 colonies making 100k total
Is it too risky to get a 3rd one?

Attached: Neko Paradises clay.png (1696x1040, 1M)

150% is nothing, go.

what is the icon on the far right?

There is pretty much nothing that starsector has in common with Eve.

please respond to my post i worked very hard on it

Attached: d0972f6dfc1b5a0c9afb2de7c5a38cdc.jpg (1020x1020, 112K)

w-what did they mean by this? ai?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 508K)

interstellar imperium, SCY, and maybe DME, but that last faction is very polarizing between anons.

keep advancing the storyline to find out!

IT WAS ONLY 9% SPACE TAX AND IT WAS IN THE SAME SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

-50 hazard

>only now found out that going into the fleet menu while docked allows you to buy ships
Fucking kill me

I just found a okay planet ,habitable, only 100% hazard rating, farming +1, organics and regular mining+0 and transplutonics and volatiles -1 and also 2 stable empty slots to build in the system

Before you tell me whether is good or bad, there's 2 problems, one its that is somewhat away from the core worlds, but not TOO far, its not at the corner of the universe
The other problem is that the sistem right next to mine(just a few inches away from mine) is populated by the [REDACTED], complete with their own battle fortress and all
Is it a good idea to build my colony there?

Attached: 1501161765500.jpg (804x802, 85K)

>"minor" weapon cache
>a bunch of small weapons and aurora class battleship blueprint

looks like I'm going to have some "minor" heavy industry on my planet

Shadowyard, Sylphon (since it has been heavily nerfed these past few days), Arkgnesis too

Prepare your anus

youtube.com/watch?v=LmsFGdDHzYU

play albion online, it's like a mix between runescape, eve online and torchlight.

who else /fast jew/ here?

Attached: java 2019-08-08 20-05-15-68.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

thank you
have a collection of weeb mature ladies

Attached: 1487100434279.jpg (2424x4728, 2.6M)

>mobile trash
yikes
>not VideoBR 4: Anatomy Of a Fight (1080p available)

youtube.com/watch?v=RMFahR4wXTg

>mobile trash
it's not trash. it's actually very good.

Took me forever too, user.

I tried it recently and it is indeed garbage, the combat feels terrible, the animations are terrible, the player base is russians and BRs

figured it out
guess ill start a colony on beren kai nev and watch it get fucked cause i dont have the money to protect it

Attached: screenshot008.png (1920x1200, 493K)

How much money do you have? you are gonna need some GOOD ass defence as soon as possible.
If you don't mind the travel, then sure, sounds like a great planet. But you are gonna need to invent a lot, maybe 2 Million or more.
also do [REDACTED] even raid? I think thats only a pirate thing, or whoever you are enemies with.

What does game difficulty actually affect?
I locked Easy because newfag, now I’m at the point where I can 1v1 Sub-Ordos with my modest 3 cruiser + destroyers & escorts fleet without taking a single loss and it’s kinda underwhelming.

GO AWAY I HAVE TO SELL DRUGS

>30 max burn
what the fuck?
Teach me your ways, Master.

Attached: 1553138120319.jpg (1600x1272, 97K)

I'M SO TRAUMATIZED I FORGOT MY PICTURE

LEAVE ME ALONE STUPID RED SHIPS

Attached: java 2019-08-08 20-13-56-20.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

i enjoy it a lot. it has a great economy, no quests or boring hero storylines. gathering and crafting is awesome. no npcs buying or selling items. no rubberbanding pve. no leveling in the usual mmorpg sense. and on top of that my first guild is a guild full of redpilled people which makes it a great time.

This image is outdated now, EvE is below WoW tier as a casual shitshow. 99% of the game is hotboxing bots for profit.

if I liked FTL will I like starsector?

Excel: EVE is the best excel.

As a rule of thumb once you establish a colony you need a farm and all the security options available. One million will cover a colony.

Food is more important than other resources because without it you take a large stability penalty, preferably your first world should be a V with farms.

I have over 3million, but im not confident, i think im going to keep exploring for a while

Attached: restart.jpg (1371x402, 62K)

They are nothing alike except for being in space.

3 mil is more than enough

can eve compete with ogame?

probably do that. I have a colony in a redacted zone, but its a low threat zone without any battlestations or whatever they are.

Attached: [Glass him].jpg (512x384, 18K)

of course not! Ogame is a literal excel page.

sub-ordos are fucking nothing.

In sorry user, we need those space drugs to keep our totally-not-Gundam pilots in a working state of mind

>establishing your own colony
>not just taking over lv 5 pirate market
>not paying pissed off invaders off with that 300k income from the getgo
lm@oing@u

Attached: 1565258765799.jpg (826x1169, 992K)

Is it worth a swarm of smaller freighters over a single atlas or colossus?

how do you take over a colony? is it really that easy?

With who?

they will attack your stuff but if the system you are in does not have their bigger fleets they are generally too small to engage a station and require a great deal of luck for enough of them to loiter around your stuff

Probably, it's got the same kind of autism with customizing and ordering your ships, but it's more like a top down freelancer than anything

Only reason to not get an atlas and instead get several smaller freighters is because of max burn speed.

single atlas. When it comes to freighters and tankers, bigger is better.

No, learn to recognize a memeing retard by the anime images

pirate shitters don't have nearly as much potential as actual good planets, level 5 is fucking nothing and can be achieved in like a year or less.

>Ogame

damn man, how long it's been, like 15 years? I can't believe I get to feel nostalgic for that piece of crap game.

>only ever smuggle with ships with lvl 10 burn or higher
>augmented drive fields on every ship or at the very least slower ones
>and, the most important: get a lucky boost while flying through a hyperspace storm

In addition to the other anons recommendations, I'd like to mention Junk Pirates, which is one of the oldest mods and somehow still being maintained, and Neutrino that is by the same person who originally made Diable Avionics and it shows. Used to be sorta overpowered but is fine now, other than not having yet prices updated for.
Vayra's Sector is good and has a really fun (if a bit underpowered) faction mod in the Kadur Remnant, but I'd maybe wait until it is more stable and split into three mods because honestly, it went hard into feature bloat for a single mod. Badger is my utility shipfu

playing browser games in school was awesome. ogame was not crap it was fun.

Its a good world, but its not the best system you could get.

You only get 4 slots to build of the 9 industries a planet can have. It is very clear from the way planets are designed that rocky/metallic worlds are supposed to support terran worlds.

The absolute peak efficient system would be
>One primary V world, with the best farms possible
>One secondary common mineral, rare mineral and volatile world
>Farmland, light industry, heavy industry and commerce industries on the V world
>Mining, refining, volatile and fuel on your secondary world
With this set up you get a 50% reduction on all resources between your two planets. Your primary world will turn out a huge amount of money when combined with that 50% reduction and you get to build every single major industry except organics and tech (although you can build tech, then when it runs out remove it)

Tech is nice, but it eventually runs out so its not long term useful. Organics are extremely poor for profit even when you find +3 since they are such a common resource, but not as important as food, you will automatically import all the organics you need.

Is that Saya?

I've been playing ogame again for the last year or so after not playing it for over a decade. I'm at the point where it takes a full day to get enough resources to upgrade a mine, and it would take me at least a month to save up for another colony. Basically all I do is turtle on my homeplanet and build deathstars now. I don't know why I'm even playing it, it's not really enjoyable or fun.

Its nice to finally play a game with a generous leveling system. Each point really matters but you also dont have to grind for experience.

atlas's do have a better cargo to fuel/supply ratio but you'll need two tug boats to bring them to 18 burn speed or have found the augmented drive field to bring them to 8 burn speed instead of using militarized subsystems

You can learn how to use them to your advantage. When the storm flashes, it will send you in a perpendicular trajectory, so if you want the storm to push you forwards, you need to have the storm behind you. If you want to push you to the left, you need to have it on your right, and so on and so such.

I don't think I've even noticed tugboats
One more thing to deal with after I finally get my colony producing supplies

Thanks user, will take into consideration
>Kadur Remnant
I'm sorry but I saw the author of that mod and honestly I'd rather not touch it with a 10 foot laser pole

Larger fleet gives you better deployment pts.
besides they have better burnlvl so you can put other logistic hull-mods.

Play Nexerrelin, the superior mod.
>Level 5 and having immense accessability is nothing
K retard

Bigger is objectively better in starsector, its more efficient and lower cost. You come across different issues, like burn speed, but that can be fixed with mods and tugs.

Fair enough. The tips file can be edited, if that helps.

>Nexerrelin
No thanks I actually like balance and quality games not a shitshow of unbalanced messes.

what's the problem?

>Starsector
>Balance and quality
Youre literally retarded.

I've been using a bunch of hounds and cerberus because it was cheaper to finance at the start. I haven't been able to find any tugs or non-mk2 atlases anywhere. Also if you have to retreat from a battle a fleet like that means you're going to suffer really minimal and cheap losses while fleeing, and you can still maul smaller merchant fleets really easily if you want to

Not that user but that isn't my only problem with it.

Its *you're

And yes it is. Have a nice day fuckface.

100% HR is great; even without any natural resources you can have a profitable economy.
And as far i know, [THEY] don't leave their home systems, so it should be safe.

Huh... Starsector is really same like SPAZ (space pirates and zombie)

Attached: 1522282407998.png (200x209, 54K)

*AHEM*
FUCK TAXES

Outer Rim Alliance are amazing fun to use, the ingame AI cant do broadside attacks properly most of the time (they flight straight, rather than rotate side on) but this mod fixes that for his ships.

On the download page there is an alternative look pack, pic related. I mean they are giant broadside bricks but they still look amazing ingame.

Attached: Rim.png (1430x549, 686K)

I really don't like the aesthetic of a giant brick tbqh

Always search every yellow/red star around the core worlds first before settling down.

I've used dev commands to search around quickly in a few random games and usually I can find 3 to 6 V worlds which are next to the core worlds. It makes a world of difference to be as close as possible to cores.

>not liking space brick
Imma throw a brick at your face

SS has infinitely better combat.

>you can bomb planets and destroy colonies
good game

Attached: D_h2KupU8AUcrDW.jpg (1015x1200, 134K)

Does solving shortages improve your reputation with factions? I'm trying to make some guys hate me less and I don't know how to go about it other than doing stupid survey missions a billion lightyears away.

iirc, the fix for broadsiding AI was more mounts in the back of the ship
just a thing to consider

usually there are shortages because pirates are niggering, they'll put quests to kill pirates and their bases

Too bad none of the ingame ships have mounts in their backs to compensate. Although I have noticed some mod developers started putting medium slots there facing away from the front which helps.

Nexerrelin doesn't really change the "balance" of anything unless you think factions expanding or contracting is somehow unbalanced.

but user, I am a pirate

Considering the factions are not designed to expand or contract and fleets are unbalanced around that, yes its unbalanced.

I have no idea what is going on here. But I wont take it personally

What caused the sector to become this hive of scum and chaos? It couldn't have only been the collapse, right?

Attached: 1542815242266.png (600x300, 240K)

but then only the player can expand which is even more unbalanced. Alex is also fucking dumb when it comes to balancing, the mora was unkillable when it first released and [REDACTED] ships are straight up better than normal ships.

but it makes sense that [REDACTED] are better than normal ships.

Does the degenerate portrait pack mod for Starsector still work despite being for a previous version of the game?

Attached: 1558327020591.png (350x350, 88K)

I don't use it, but it should work. They are images and nothing more.

They are supposed to be fuckwit, they literally drop the best weapons and rare items in the game and no the player being able to expand is not unbalanced.

>first mission I ever accepted after tutorial made me 700000 in credits from the salvage

Attached: 1545029009997.jpg (640x480, 50K)

but can you mating press megumin?

It works, it is kinda simple but tedious to add any/all add-on portraits then copy and rename it so they show up for every faction. Even with a thousand portraits I still run into vanilla often.

>player being able to expand is not unbalanced.
>But the factions being able to expand is.
Care to explain your reasoning?

Alright. Thanks, anons.

my nigga

The player can field a fleet of nothing but paragons, thats not balanced
The player can make dozens of size 10 colonies with alpha core manager making million of credits each month, thats not balanced
Yet you choose to draw the line at factions being able to occasionally make a shitty size 3 colony out in the rim?

At best you get a handful of V worlds near the core worlds which actually make a profit. Finding a good system is even harder and you'll only likely find one which can be overwhelmingly good. Meanwhile the AI will dominate the markets since every faction has a key resource and the only way to stop that is by attacking them.

The game is also unfinished, and the end game content is obviously not implemented yet. REDACTED is a taste of what it will be like.

Nex is a fucking shitshow which just leads to one AI steamrolling.

I love how you two examples where one is near impossible to achieve economically and the other literally cannot happen.

Nice try samefag shitposting though here is your last (you)

Can this run on a shitty ass laptop with integrated graphics?

>Yet you choose to draw the line at factions being able to occasionally make a shitty size 3 colony out in the rim?
Except they dont, what happens is Hedge absorbs its neighbors then continues to do so until the whole galaxy is a ballistic shitshow.

And by "this" i mean starsector

>potbs
Shit, I thought nobody played that but me. Weird that they'd put it in a list of four games.
>which is better, coke, pepsi, mountain dew, or dr thunder?

never happened to me in the years I've played starsector with mods

Yes. I had a super shitty laptop and played SS extensively on it with good performance. Its a very low intensity game because its basically just flying blocks on a .png backdrop.

>Single most common complaint about Nex is streamrolling leading to a homogeneous galaxy
>Never happens on my machine :^)
I bet your dad works at Nintendo too

It ran on my shitty desktop with integrated graphics just fine.
If you can run EV Nova, Transcendence, or other shit like that, you're good.

Swarms of fighters > Swarms of missiles > Ballistics > Torpedoes > Energy Ballistics > > > Beams

That is all.

r8
where should i put my next point?

Attached: r8.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

in your mom!

>when an industry world is disrupted for a long period the goods that become the most scarce are the ones they produce
>the Luddic Church did this to the entire Sindrian system
>Volturn craves lobster
>Cruor craves ore
>Sindria craves fuel and supplies
>the entire non-Luddite Core has a shortage on all of them because of just how big a marketshare Sindria represented in those things

Attached: supply and demand.jpg (1527x300, 345K)

cumbat

>xkcd
>"it was her turn"
>"alcohol is just a lie"
>characters hat is a stupid music reference

>bounty pirate base
>pirate base system places you directly over a black hole that sucks all your cr away and will be immediately engaged by pirate fleets when you manage to burn past the disc
Fucken cheeky.

>play starcraft
>limit the enemy AI to a single base and no more, even if they run out of minerals and gas
>this is balanced

>Eve doesn't have the VR shit in the MMO

only reason I'd play desu.

>BAAAAAAAAW HEGEMONY TOO STRONG

>alex nerfed speed related skills
>almost everybody ignore combat perks now
great alex, great.....

Gonna start transitioning to a large carrier based fleet, are my options only mora for bombers and herons for fighters?

Eve gets comfy with trading and mining.

Attached: ev2.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

combat sucks because it takes as much skillpoints as a point in the somewhere else

>Yea Forums hates Nexerelin now
Times change

>Gonna start transitioning

What is Starsectors version of rogue drones?

Attached: Alvi.webm (1280x720, 3M)

no. astrals are best for bombers due to instant recall. for fighters use whatever you want I guess.

Those hegemony bastards disrupted my colony! I took my AI cores out, what the fuck!?

Attached: 1536877893524.gif (400x265, 869K)

Attached: Triglavian.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Should had read the wiki on those inspections.

READ nigga READ

Do you guys ever establish colonies on class IV or V planets with high hazard ratings m

no

Because it doesnt have any utility.

Hes got the design wrong, industry needs some of the combat skills, and combat needs some new utility skills in it.

You want scavenger, which means you want industry, and you need technology because its got some of the best skills, that means you either go into leadership for fighters/better colonies/more pilots or combat and combat has literally nothing but a some really minor combat buffs.

I always spend at least a third of my skill points on Combat. Starting new games and running without things like Evasive Action 1 and Helmsmanship 3 feels awful.

Attached: 1511089810560.png (640x188, 63K)

Attached: eve3.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

wait, fighter skills affect the whole fleet?
what if i don't use fighter ships as flagship?

EVE is a basic bitch MMO with enough of a metagame and economy to keep autistic guilds in self-perpetuating drama/power-lust loop forever. Doesn't even begin to scratch a Star Sector. Or even fucking Freelancer.
Play it if you have wet dreams about being the bitch to boring assholes who powertrip over the perceived credibility that 30,000 hours in a single game gives them.

When it came out it was the only form of 'end game' we had. Now we have a really good colony system using Nex is pointless.

I only take high hazard worlds if I already have a good low hazard world in the system. The mineral planets/moons often give the most minerals and can provide those resources to other colonies in that sector.

The collapse is implied to be engineered from the start
>Shifting extremely known cult leader Ludd into the Persean Sector
>Moving in the 14th fleet, known for having taken large parts of a another fleet that underwent open mutiny
>All the above right before the gates collapsed, but everything is from the point of view of the Persean Sector

>some really minor combat buffs.
combat perks are shit I agree, but that 1% zero flux speed boost is REALLY good.

the 1% flux boost is literally pointless.

The x and y axis are swapped

No they are flagship only, if you want fighter skills on your other ships you need a pilot with those skills.

Not in high tech ships. Can go zero boost flux and have the shield up at the same time.

Speaking of flux, I have been playing recently with the GMDA mod and damn, those are some really nice and fast ships.

"no"
it lets you keep your shield constantly deployed which is good for larger ships with frontal shields that take forever to deploy as well as absorb beams while still getting that +50.

god i want this portrait pack

Enjoy losing 50 speed because your pd laser fired for half a second.

is there even a point to dealing with pirates on the open market?
just feels wrong to pay tariffs to pirates

Attached: 1345957043824.jpg (269x243, 12K)

>Hegemony found the AI cores

Attached: 1565297989760.png (128x128, 25K)

I find it funny that pirates have a black market.

>Can go zero boost flux and have the shield up at the same time.
This is only useful on fucking bots who are too retarded and togle shields too soon for no reason.
For human players the 1% shit is literally pointless and a terrible waste and a point trap.
>it lets you keep your shield constantly deployed
which is retarded and inefficient, literally encourages bad habits.

You can toggle it off.

It's a pirate "tariff."
As in, a "charitable donation" to the free trader association, asked nicely at gunpoint.

I imagine it's basically a bunch of peer-to-peer trading done by the most hardcore of ancaps. The types who break out in hives at the mere mention of the centralized market, even if it's run by fellow ancaps and has no rules whatsoever.

Attached: 1564956403080.png (824x587, 571K)

combat is hardly a minor boost particularly the x2 15% damage bonus you get to shields/weapons but most other skills in that bar are only need 2 points at most to get what you need out of them.

It is still hard to justify boosting one ship in combat over the massive economic and fleet boosts you get from everything else though

Here you go, the only two viable builds in the game

9000 hours in paint

Attached: 234523643563456.png (2041x761, 640K)

OK Star Cadets, you have a robot chassis that a AI core can connect to wirelessly. The body fits your perfect sexual needs, the question is what kind of core do you give it? Gamma, Beta or Alpha?

Attached: PitGirl_sketch6.jpg (600x825, 66K)

>governing you own colonies
what a fucking waste of points.

But like you said, you cant justify the few points on making you slightly better vs making your entire fleet. Thats why combat needs some skills moved into industry/technology and some new utility skills in combat.

>letting someone else do it
>letting some filthy AI do it
H E R E T I C

>take all the fighter perks
>except the one that applies to every single fighter your team deploys
ok dude

is this a troll build

You simply dont have enough points for all of them without sacrificing something which is statistically better

My alpha ai already solved that problem. She replaced all the women in my colony with android versions of herself. Its pretty creepy.

What the fuck is going on with the users of that modding forum and their paranoia about copyright laws?

Its not, administrators are a shitshow to upgrade unlike normal pilots so they are both shitty to manage and reduce your income drastically.

>sensors
>statistically better
you're either retarded, trolling, or have less then 5 hours in game.

>not governing your own colonies
Check the salary on those governors next time. They scale upward exponentially with the number of skills they have. Also, governors are rare for some fucking reason and I can't hire any extras even though I have 2 slots open.

Wait nevermind that was backwards, you were right the fleet one should be taken not the individual one

just use alpha ai cores dude. There is literally no reason to ever use standard goveneors, AI inspectors can just be killed or bribed.

>exploring without proper sensors
>not taking a skill which reduces sensor detection by 25% and doubles going dark
You can literally camp multiple capital ships next to enemies with a < 400 sensor range and detect everything and everyone before they can see you, in fact if you're flying anything less than capital class literally no one can detect you.

Do you think alpha cores grow on trees or something? It's infinitely more profitable to have 4 colonies under your thumb and use those alpha cores on key industries.

The cost of bribes or fighting Hedge is greater than the money you make from AI cores.

Taking the colony skills yourself means you get all three colony skills, no fee and no Hedge threats. If you take an administrator at best you get 2 of the 3 and they take a huge fee. AI is a noobtrap as an administrator since you'll blow through costs bribing or fighting all the time.

If you cant win every fight without those 9 points in combat you're shit at Starsector.

>You can literally camp multiple capital ships next to enemies with a < 400 sensor range and detect everything and everyone before they can see you
So what? How does that help at all? you can just outrun or catch up to enemies with emergency/sustain burn. If you ever need to go dark you just sit in an asteroid field and you're good even without the skill investment. For sensor range just use active pings.

shhh you are trying to talk to a retard that probably can only use fighter swarms

>you can just outrun or catch up to enemies with emergency/sustain burn.
Oh you literally just purchase the game yesterday, got it. Sseth is a hack by the way, stop only playing games because some youtuber told you to buy it.

Help me Yea Forums
I need portraits of cute semi-realistic anime girls that are dressed in space admiral fashion

not an argument.

>not using fighter swarms
Lmao bet this nigga wants more fixed weapon mounts

Is it just me, or does Nexerelin not really add much of anything to the game besides flavor, and making it extremely dangerous to do any commission because another faction may just randomly wardec while you're in their space.

>you can just outrun or catch up to enemies with emergency/sustain burn
You literally cannot with multiple capital ships, and emergency burn murders your supplies and prep without spending points on it.

3 points to improve one of the key aspects of the game is not expensive at all. And the ability to literally stroll over to any fleet to engage it or detect any fleet without ever being detected while dark is immeasurably useful.

OP is an edit, it was originally dwarf fortress way back in the day.

>Have a huge Armada with a ton of ships
>Fight an enemy Armada
>I only get 180 deployment points, despite setting up my battle size settings to max, so I only get to deploy like 8 ships
>Meanwhile my enemies can deploy like 20 or 30 ships including capital ships that clearly have a significantly higher deployment cost than me

Can anyone explain why this happens? I'm sick of being "Outnumbered" simply because I can't actually use my fleet.

>no one will ever make a space colonization MMO

Attached: 1535549138364.jpg (288x325, 32K)

>Has no grasp on the game or its mechanics
>Gets told why how the game works
>n-not relevant!
Uh huh, okay kiddo. See you in a weeks time when you come back here complaining your multiple capital ship fleet cant catch anything, you keep getting detected by everything and you keep losing fights.

you're not wrong, I uninstalled it pretty quickly for just making everything a mess.

youtu.be/jpkeAQG6kQw?t=18

Pretty sure the cap is for both fleets, and whoever has more gets more cap.

Im also pretty sure some mod will let you go beyond the cap to whatever size you want at the cost of your computer having a heart attack and blue screening.

Play the fucking game and see how wrong all of those statements are.

You'll have to make one yourself, mate.
Look up maybe military_uniform or military_hat on your favorite booru and crop the images you like.

Before 0.9 SS didnt have anything to do outside of making money and buying ships, Nex was great because it gave you a bigger objective. But now we have colonies and all the shenanigans that brings, so there is really no reason for it.

Do I?

Attached: rare.png (1278x960, 1.08M)

it's easier to invade and conquer the Sindrian Dictat than settle a new world

The only reason to use Atlas is if you're low on fleet slots. Colossus is much, much better otherwise.

I can't find any good ones

If you have augmented drive field, Yes.
Otherwise you must endure Lowburnlevelsector.

>an actual EVE thread on Yea Forums after 2009 or 2010 or so
AAAH IT'S BEEN NEARLY 10 YEARS SINCE I QUIT AND NOTHING ELSE HAS COME ALONG SINCE LIKE IT FUCK. I still miss it, I still remember some of the fun during the brief period when Yea Forums joined up in mass for like 6 months and then a few hung on for a while longer and formed splinters and shit. For all its issues there has never been another actual MASSIVE game since, and I was sure there would be but nope all became garbage wow-clones or f2p grindan'fests or whatever. Glorified regular MP matching rooms.

God damn it. Such a fucking waste of potential too.

Attached: 1269585057216.png (1023x841, 241K)

An user made this in a previous thread. See if it's to your liking: mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM

If you've only heard of this game because of a youtuber you shouldnt be playing it. It's not for you and you aren't a real fan of the game.

>find pristine pre-collapse kite
>says its a collectors item
>worth the same as a normal kite
wtf

Doing colonies yourself > AI > Administrators

Thats literally how the game was made and it makes sense. Its nine points to do colonies yourself which is a big cost, at the advantage that your colonies will be perfect and make a shitton of money, more so than any other option. So if you want to make a small niche colony and manage it to perfection you should take the skills yourself.

AI do the same thing without any fees, except for all the bribes and fights you will have to do. This is the better option if you want to fight lots in your space and want those points in something else. You could probably offset the cost by actually winning those fights and selling whatever you find but honestly its a lot of work to keep doing that.

Administrators are the worst of the lot and super expensive. But the benefit is no one will attack you for it and you dont have to take points, but your colonies wont be very good, more like a passive income rather than the massive money machine they could be.

nobody tell him

Thanks but it's not exactly what I'm looking for
I'll find something eventually or reuse the same I used for the previous playthrough

this but unironically
Yea Forums has had starsector threads for years and if you weren't interested then then you shouldn't be now.

New autists are born every day. Do you just want the game to die with you?

buy it and dump it in storage, eventually you'll need a few of them but it's a late game problem of supplies being more expensive than fuel in a superheavy fleet that calls for them

I'm gonna play your game, and you better keep your mouth shut or I'm gonna falseflag Axel, post a massive thread on his forum asking why aren't there transgender otherkin demisexual characters, and then cry to every single gaming journo so he gets attacked from all sides, and also say that a racist youtuber associated with Yea Forums sponsored him and he thanked him.
So not another fucking word, little sluts, or I ruin your fucking game.

Attached: 1471565602398.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

You made me go look to see if they'd just plain gone out of business at last, does seem like the number of "please rejoin" emails has dropped off in the last year. But doesn't look like it.

Attached: No isk.png (675x559, 984K)

Jokes on you fag the devs are autistic

You cant left wing attack disabled people

But there has to be easier ways to remove Ludd, to dissolve the 14th? 206 years and everyone outside of the persean sector just stops caring that a sector dropped off the map? I don't believe it.

alex doesn't give a shit, he does stuff at his own pace.

nobody tell him

Guess I know everything anyway thanks though user.

They can, and then they can roll in after everyone in the Persean sector is dead.

How do I see what commodities are for sale for other stations and planets in the sector?

A few weeks ago the author of a big faction mod got banned and his mod deleted because it had nazi references. They banned him because it COULD (it didn’t) impact negatively on the game.

Imagine what he’ll do if every major gaming journo calls out his game on being transphobic and unwelcoming for LGBTQWIPPDJQUEJSNRMRIWT communities

A Drover full of those mini-frigate single fighter wings.

Why would they care about the persean sector? It was a backwater shithole and still is.

Nah man, that theory doesn't make any sense. It'd be easier to make Ludd disappear in some dream accident, it would literally take a single order to dissolve the 14th and fore the crewmen. The domain isn't explained much but I very, very much doubt they'd sacrifice billions, possibly trillions of people and credits just to get rid of a single man and a battle group with a bad record.

This isn’t an EVE thread, it’s a starsector thread

You realize the forums have moderators right

All moderators are retarded power hungry cucks

Regardless, it's still a place full of money, people, resources. We have nothing to compare the persean sector to, we don't really know why it's a backwater. It could've simply been early in it's colonization.

a fleet of tugs and giant fuel carriers with aggressive pilots

RAMMING SPEED

Freak accident

I only know about this game because of a youtuber. I'm gonna go play it right now. what are you going to do about it?

Attached: 1564185203025.jpg (800x534, 104K)

Im going to call you a fag.

Attached: 67413269_10156785118573401_8485913576467333120_n.jpg (290x254, 8K)

Drovers with Thunders (to chase at and stop faster ships) and Warhammers (from SWP, iirc) are some funny ass shit

Random sector is nice

I find this concept obscenely attractive please send nukes help

Attached: dd4.png (200x200, 37K)

>strangeplanet
some of his comics are cute and wholesome, but i’m still gonna call you a faggot

I guess you could say you crave starsector

That was a very obscure pun

heh

>because it had nazi references
Pretty sure the "references" were loading screen messages saying "make sure to kill hitler" and "delete any nazi memorabilia" if I'm thinking about the right mod.

Also it added now scenarios, though for now only Derelict Empire.
Though it doesn't play too nice with some mods, it seems Vesperon is giving me nullpointerexceptions if I find their representative in a bar.

Fuck it I'm going to install every faction mod and nexerelin and nobody is going to stop me.

Attached: fuck it and fuck you.gif (500x500, 289K)

I thought lasers were shit against shields

If I build a heavy industry, do my fleets from the patrol HQ become upgraded immediately?

me on the left

fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/

Those two events are the two confirmed ones, but there might have been some Tri-Tachion fuckery and general corporate shitstorms as well.

what's a good fleet compensation?

Is this a good spot for a colony?

Attached: java 2019-08-08 23-17-05-66.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

Fleet cap is divided between all the fleets participating and then adjusted for the size of fleets. It stops mattering once you get gud.

Attached: i lost one frigate.png (1096x290, 148K)

Do you have more carriers then every other capital? No? Buy more carriers.

>only 250 hazard
We can go higher

looks like a hellbore and hyper velocity driver that have been modded to have a fuck huge fire rate.

You're right lets go colonize a sigma world. Or that gas giant full of nanites in the Blackrock system.
Colonizing black holes never again

wait, you managed to do that?

>found great portrait
>background is white
>can't paint it black because hair will look like shit
kill me

Always has been because alts

KUBOOOOO

What was the badass lasher config again?

tri-t jobs a lot apparently

>Colonizing black holes
absolutely British

Attached: 1516770237036.gif (361x200, 2.21M)

Until 0.9.1a, yeah
>Non-primary stars (and black holes etc) can no longer be colonized

r8
i know it's shit pls no bully

Attached: portrait43.png (256x256, 80K)

How do I level administrator?
if it's not possible then what's the fucking point of the ones that come with no skills

looks okay / 10

it's the lights around her that annoy me
i wish i knew photoshop or at the very least paint.net

You get a stability penalty for managing too many colonies by yourself.

Source image? I'd like to try my hand at it.

Knock yourself out.
Upload the results, I really like the picture

Attached: 1606097e59ad65cd80cb2b07332c8f8a.jpg (850x1003, 101K)

>i know it's shit pls no bully
ooh, a challenge

Do they at least have artificial wombs and donated eggs to continue the growth of the colony's male population?

>every fight so far has been a power-rangers-shounen clusterfuck of frigates teleporting behind one another
yes good

Attached: 1470827427271.gif (417x417, 76K)

Attached: how-to-spot-a-fake-gamer-frequently-pronounces-video-games-17851037.png (500x585, 180K)

>have [REDACTED] on farm now
think it's time to take on the station

Attached: 1559321748496.png (1920x1080, 966K)

i hope never so i can enjoy my grindy pirate mmo
but i guess that one from ubisoft gonna be mmo.

more of a request tbqh
i'm sure you can do better

>be in big noob corp for tax evasion reasons
>everyone is scared shitless going into anything than high sec
>crabs in null
>submarine warfare admirals in wormhole
>sitting comfy in hostile occupied low sec making mad money after coming back a decade later and CCP finally had the right idea to put SOME money faucets in low

I feel as though I missed the peak of EVE pvp years ago but the big brain pvp/pve of new low sec is nice.

salvaged trashfire fleets assemble

Attached: screenshot009.png (1920x1200, 1.44M)

this.
why people keep brainstorming in these thread about a good fit for their ships, you can zerg with fighters/bombers and it is okay.

>ISS You Found Me Now What

Attached: 1325130077127.jpg (300x300, 24K)

Blow up, that is what all Colossus do

Pirate bros where we at

Attached: screenshot009.png (1920x1080, 592K)

Pure PD boat only to be deployed against missle and fighter spam flleets. Good idea?

>a few weeks ago
NGO has been removed years ago, you newfag shit.

Bad because the missiles and fighters will just end up targeting other shit.

The Culture names are the best.

Here you go random user.

Attached: blah.png (1009x1191, 657K)

Up the battle limit to something like 2000+ supplies in settings.json
Enjoy your CPU croaking and massive battles at 10 fps.

It's all hounds the rest of the way down.

Attached: java 2019-08-09 00-31-43-72.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

There are no factions like that in Starsector mods. All of them are fairly balanced and ships of many are weaker shield flux maintenance/dissipation/damage to flux ratio wise, than those of vanilla. You can install any and you won't ever find one that is straight up better than all the rest. They all have their own pros and cons. The only faction that was absurdly overpowered is Knights Templar and they were intended to be modded in as a lategame boss faction for the player to fight against and the mod hasn't been updated since 0.8.

Should I just bring another carrier with interceptors then?

How many hounds die every fight

made a version 2 because i saw something that shouldn't be there.

Attached: blah2.png (1009x1191, 659K)

read name
thanks famalamadingdong

Attached: aaa.png (1920x1080, 1009K)

It depends on what kind of fight it is. I have some 3 star engagements where as many as half of them (like fucking 10) die, and I have some where only one or two dies and that's because it's humping a ship's engines right as it blows.

>waste of potential

The thing about eve is that they lie to you about what you can do, and rope you in with skinner box progression and time-gate locked content.

Scam marketing backed by manipulating "content"

The game is very "sexy" but its an aids whore with a faggot, human-trash pimp

God I love being a smuggler, any fellow /smuggle/ bros here?
youtube.com/watch?v=urHIqzjv8rQ

Attached: Money_Man.png (924x836, 840K)

What is the worst planet hazard rating you guys have seen?

Attached: file.png (736x671, 239K)

FUCK BROS BEFORE THIS THREAD DIES TELL ME DO I (AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS) GET BACK INTO STARSECTOR NOW OR DO I WAIT UNTIL THE UPCOMING UPDATE HITS

UPDATE

WHEN

Upload them somewhere, user.

There's been an update very recently, won't be a new one until next year probably.

Any QoL mods recommendation?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fine I guess i'll be playing it then. At least until i get burned out again.

Attached: 1365817069778.gif (360x191, 963K)

What's the point of improving station master relations? Does having the station master like you do anything yet?