Metal Wolf Chaos XD

This game is a pretty big disappointment.

It's not even a real mech game, it's just an incredibly slow and clunky shooter. The 30 fps cap certainly doesn't help. Mouse sensitivity apppears to be bugged, since rotating the camera is still painfully slow even when raising it as high as possible. Or maybe it's supposed to be like that? Switching weapons is clunky.

Hit reactions are laughably bad. Firing your rocket launcher at a group of enemies feels about as impactful as a wet fart. Enemies spawn out of thin air and when killed, their bodies similarly vanish into thin air instantly.

Some might say it has aged badly, but I don't think that's accurate. This game came out in december 2004. Pretty much all my favorite shooters had already been released by that point, barring one or two exceptions (e.g. F.E.A.R. in 2005).

And for what is a game about the president fighting in a mech suit, the dialogue and voice acting feels weirdly lifeless and completely unfunny.

By the way, what does the 'XD' stand for?

Attached: Metal-Wolf-Chaos-XD-Key-Art_1080-800x450.png (800x450, 710K)

damn can I leave a comment down below?

>obscure FromSoft game remaster isn't all that great
What the fuck did you expect

When is the Remastered edition coming out?

kusoge is kuso

I, for one, am SHOCKED!

>Switching weapons is clunky.
I agree, but you get used to it. Then you end up using rockets and reload cancelling to beat Hell difficulty, because you have no idea where you went wrong in your life.

> Firing your rocket launcher at a group of enemies feels about as impactful as a wet fart.

It has no explosion, the grenade launcher is meant for groups. rockets are single target, don't ask me why. it's just how the game has it.

>the dialogue and voice acting feels weirdly lifeless and completely unfunny.
ironically it would've been even worse, cause the president was supposed to be "calm and collected" and the voice actor who also voices Puma from Gitaroo man, didn't follow directions.

I think the game itself is fine, it's an easy action game built on "this is how Japanese see Americans". I wish the audio issues were fixed, not sure how you end up losing sound effects in your cutscenes.

It's out and the audio is fucked to shit.

Attached: 1501418421158.gif (240x240, 794K)

>What the fuck did you expect
I guess I was expecting something potentially flawed but at least interesting. This isn't that sadly.

Besides, didn't they release a slew of well-liked Xbox games, like the Otogi series?

I agree. The game is just not fun.

>meme game isnt actually good
Big shocker

>Big shocker
But plenty of meme games are good.

Attached: 1546372689490.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

I'm genuinely curious just what the fuck they did for over a year.
Shit like the fucked mouse sensitivity and bugged audio during cutscenes is something that should've been noticed during playtesting.
Apparently they had to redo the lighting from the ground up and the whole thing is a giant Frankenstein-esque monstrosity under the hood.

Name three

Meme games and games with memes are not the same thing

>no checkpoints

That is what killed the game for me.

The games pretty fun, any setbacks from being a port from the xbox are easy enough to overlook, just use a controller, almost like the game was designed for

>just use a controller

>use a controller
>for a shooter
If the controller is the superior option, that means it's a completely botched port.

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

The missions aren't even that long. How are you bad enough that you need checkpoints?

You are a retard. The game is not supposed to be good. It's supposed to be wacky and zany and appeal to autists and hipsters. You don't get it.

Anyone have any tips for S ranking Miami, San Francisco, and Fight house?

Game really isn't that wacky or zany. It's rather milquetoast and I was very let down by the flat wacky and zany aspects.

>fps cap complaints
>about a kusoge

Attached: sheila.jpg (210x240, 11K)

try using m×kb for armored core and tell me how that works out

>tfw using a Duke controller for an OG Xbox port
You're missing out, man.

Attached: 1409884984794.png (283x270, 178K)

>try using m×kb for armored core and tell me how that works out
How would I do that considering a PC port of Armored Core doesn't exist?

>disappointment
You had decades to look up a gameplay video

Maybe they'll update it to fix the audio.
Bazookas seem to do more damage than rocket launchers though, should I use bazookas for destroying structures?
And are railguns and multi-missile launchers good? The first one of both sections seem either under powered or take too long to charge between decent shots

>people keep shitting on the game
>tfw I'm fucking loving the game

Attached: FB_IMG_1564765059815.jpg (720x960, 60K)

try emulation

same, the game isn't all that difficult even. I don't understand people complaining about the lack of checkpoints or running out of ammo.
I almost want to think it's a piracy protection thing where everything's tougher

The patch *should* come out today for PS4 to fix the audio, but there's nothing about the missing sound effects in cutscenes in the patch notes. i thought he meant bazooka when i said rocket launcher. Railguns are only good for quick boss killing, chances are if you're playing on hell difficulty it's
>4 machinegun
>2 bazooka
>wildcard/fun slot

People don't break enough things to find all the ammo everywhere. They aren't even playing on the hard difficulty cause you have to beat the game to get it. I can't wait till some people say "it's as hard as From Soft's Dark Souls Franchise"

Attached: 1476324829375.gif (500x375, 1014K)

The game is mid 2000s as fuck. Haven't enjoyed a game this much since Shadow the Hedgehog.