This was a fucking awful generation for Sony even with the blunder of the Wii U, how they fuck did they screw this up?

This was a fucking awful generation for Sony even with the blunder of the Wii U, how they fuck did they screw this up?
>inb4 sales

Attached: file.png (1000x800, 684K)

They failed to consider the opinion of a random anonymous console warrior.

They fell for the production values meme and placed all their chips behind condensing behind shitty movie games for children like Uncharted 4.
They squandered Astrobot and Gravity Rush.
The only successful good game they had was Bloodborne.
When will consumers realize that good graphics are bad?

gravity rush wasn't any good either

Did Sony give us a worthwhile online game outside of Everybodys Golf? Why do they charge so much for online when all they make are single player offline games?

Attached: PS4Games.jpg (1304x2680, 3.37M)

Now remove the multiplats, rehashes, and ports

684 KB PNG
>This was a fucking awful generation for Sony even with the blunder of the Wii U, how they fuck did they screw this up? >inb4 sales

Attached: 04189A83-AC63-4158-BBFC-8FF27507B6F3.png (201x250, 18K)

I'm kind of glad most of the games were mediocre because I grew up when it released, so I have a massive last gen backlog.

Why?

Attached: 1517593522183.jpg (1000x1000, 234K)

>PS3 Slim at least gave you the choice to play PS1 games
>PS4 has no backward compatibility whatsoever

This really irritated me since I play more retro games now than modern games which prevented me from buying a PS4

It's a Bloodborne box. Only game i play on it now is CTRNF and that's a PS1 game remake lmao. They ruined God of War so i don't care about that game

Because he having them available on PS4 pains his ass so hard that he has to rationalize some viewpoint that allows him to say "PS4 lost these games" even though ps4 didn't lose anything and still has them.

Let me guess, you are a PC virgin?

But there is no reason to get a PS4 over say an Xbox for games that are on Multiple platforms, fuck even a PC, there was nothing really worthwhile on the PS4 that ever made me consider getting it except the The Phantom Pain and that is still one of my biggest regrets

>another seething xkek thread
Look at the number of GOTYs. Look at the number of exclusives. Look at the reviews. Look at the sales figures.

Now look at the steaming pile of shit that is Xkek One.

Attached: WHIIIIIRRRRR.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

In what way? The PS4 will end up being the second best selling console of all time. And so far they released five goty contender exclusives, four of them sold well over ten million, and TLOU2, Death Stranding and GoT have real chances of adding to that list. Everything worked really well for Sony this gen.

Imagine taking your own opinion as utlimate fact. How much more retarded can we get as a species.

Don't you understand user, they'll just come up with vapid opinions shrouded as facts as to why every single one of those games is the worst they've ever played, even though they haven't played them

I guess that's true in terms of making money but since Death Stranding is coming to PC now you should probably nug that one off the list even then
Switch has better exclusives, PC has most of the worthwhile games now and so does Xbox
and Xbox and Switch have Crossplay, I just can't find a reason to actually get a PS4 over other said system

Yes there is. PS4 is sure to get any game you'd want. Also being contrarian about the exclusives doesn't get you anywhere. You are out of touch, not the other way around.

The controller is shit

>PS4 is sure to get any game you'd want
it really hasn't, all I have on my PS4 is TPP, Skyrim and Nier, that's literally it, PSN shit is fucking bull I don't get this streaming games meme

The manlet controller is its selling point.
Lots of girl gamers too.

>The Wii U with it's current state of full exclusives still beats out PS4
>third person over-the-shoulder action adventures with stealth elements or bamham combat out the wazoo
Yeah, man, totally a great library

I really hate the PS4 hardware.
So many bad business decisions.

What games do you even like then? It sounds like you don't like almost any games.

They got arrogant and complacent. The Wii U flopped, so Nintendo looked like they were in dire straits, and Xbox One basically sabotaged its own start and still has nothing to really compare to PS4 on besides Xbox One X having better specs than a PS4 Pro. Then the Switch happened, and swooped out the Japanese audience from under Sony's feet, and Microsoft's backwards compatibility and Game Pass became far more consumer-friendly. Do you even hear people talk about how select games on the Playstation Now service can be downloaded instead of streamed? No, because the initial stigma of the service meant no one really cared for it or kept up on it. Their movement to California for their HQ also burned the weeb market by trying to censor fanservice even in Japanese releases of games. And PS+ doesn't really offer anything all that great at all anymore, and some of Sony's biggest games in the past year or so (and even some upcoming) don't HAVE online functionality worth caring about.

Sony got the baton in their hands after Nintendo and Microsoft traded off last gen, and then they're just way down the race track, standing still and laughing at their competitors catching up.

that piece of turd would actually have been worthwile if it hadn't been for the fact that so many third party publishers and devs decided to go multi-plat this gen.

what I mean by this is that games like Nier Automata, Nioh, EDF, Sekiro, Yakuza, Monster Hunter, etc. pp. all would have ended up being PS3 exclusives last gen, but this gen Nips dared to tap the PC market (successfully) after decades of avoiding it.
it also doesn't help that the handful of first party exclusives Sony was able to shit out are absolutely atrocious interactive cinematic third person over the shoulder walking simulators. Plus they killed all their traditional video game making studios like Liverpool and fired/let go the guys who made Gravity Rush 2.
Current California-$ony is arrogant, dimwitted and out-of-touch. They are ditching the PS1, PS2 and PS3 audience - the people who made the brand grow into what it is today in favour of some fringe freaks of nature and people who don't even enjoy playing video games but would rather watch some faggot on Twitch watching a 20 minute cutscene of some cinematic walking sim trash.
In the end this piece of shit really succumbed to a Bloodborne player.
I hope Neo-$ony gets its teeth kicked in next-gen for crowning Neil Druckmann king and going the cinematic walking simulator route.

Attached: Kusony BTFO.png (1909x641, 59K)

>it was a blunder because i had no interest in it but lots of people did!! REEEEEEE!!

literally every sony shitposter out there.

>since Death Stranding is coming to PC
Delusions of pc maggots is astounding.
Their platform of choice is so irrelevant that they resort to some rumor from pc gaming magazine (even more irrelevant than pc) and think about possibility of 'pc port' of a Sony funded game. For fuck sake. Not even Rockstar gives a fuck about pc, and they are mulit-platform studio.
What make you think that Sony will let their game anywhere close to pc. Keep that youtube tab open. You gonna need it.

100M

This will never change no matter how much you shitpost.

>owned two ps1,two ps2 and 2 psp due to them breaking
>also owned a ps3,ps4 and vita
>games owned is probably 300+ combined
>censorship issue has ruined the brand so completely I wouldn't waste my time on a PS5 if it was $100 and came with free online for life
>There is no point in wasting time and energy on a company that censors belly buttons
>real versions of those games will just appear elsewhere while people pay the same price for a gimped Sony version
>Sony literally just threw away several million Otaku customers just to cater more to casuals
>the wii decided to make the bold move of catering to non gamers and while it had a strong start the entire thing collapsed like a dying star in the end

PS5 is coming.

In terms of games I probably liked the PS4 more than the PS3.

I think the PS4 Pro was a mistake. $150 extra for practically negligible benefits and faux-4K, with the games not being able to be too much better than on the vanilla settings to maintain online balance. The overwhelming majority of PS4 sales were on Vanilla or Slim.

Vdeogames largely ended around 2007-2013. Everything we play now is just a rehash of something created pre-2007

>TLOU2

Attached: 1510769909299.jpg (660x798, 145K)

Didn't the ps4 sales just pass the Wii?

Attached: WHRR.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Going across the top from left to right:
Shit
shit
shit
meh
isn't out yet but will probably be a confusing meme fest like all of Kojima's games
shit
shit
shit
mega shit
shit
shit
shit
shit
shit
ultra shit
good game
good game
good game
shit
shit
shit
super ultra waste of money 3 decades too late shit
shit
its another Souls game who honestly gives a fuck at this point
shit
shit
capeshit
shit
shit
shit
eh
shit
amazing game
shit
shit
shit
good game
shit
shit
shit
shit
isn't out yet but will probably be shit
shit
shit
shit.

jacked off to this thanks

Normally, I wouldn't like being pulled into console fanboy wars, but I have to say it. Yakuza 6 taints the rest of that list just by its presence, like a single bad apple poisoning the rest of the bushel.

KEK

Well you’re mostly right. Video games have irreversibly changed since about 2007 to something else entirely. I’ll use mobile gaming as an analogy. Everybody knows that mobile games are mostly free to play gatcha crap and most gamers here hate them. But the vast majority of modern video games are big budget multiplayer online franchises with similar gameplay, DLC, loot boxes, etc. The biggest games are annualized franchises like COD. There are obvious exceptions, a few single player gems, some okay indie games, and lots of remakes and remasters of old games including some from the above modern “genre”. Most of us here don’t play these games but it’s a fact that this is what makes up the majority of modern video games. It’s completely different that it used to be. I’m not even referring to Sony’s high production values spectacle-based snooze fests either. At least those are mostly single player