NieR

Is there a single reason to buy this game? The art direction is painfully mediocre, the gameplay looks like a fucking mess and the story is nothing to write home about from what I've heard. This game can't just ride on having faggots buy it to fap to the main character, can it?

Attached: 083196.jpg (900x506, 131K)

>i heard
>looks
What a clown.

>This game can't just ride on having faggots buy it to fap to the main character, can it?

you'd be very surprised
the combat is weak as fuck, looks like a PS2 game and the writing is pure cringe but people lap it up like it's the Second Coming

>no patch
>denuvo still not removed

not touching this game ever

Attached: slower laser.webm (636x400, 2.79M)

yep its pure kino and im also going to buy the next nier and that also is going to be successful.

>The gameplay looks like a fucking mes-

Attached: NieR Automata - Dodging.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Attached: NieR Automata 2019.01.09 - 0g07.56.39.054.DVR.webm (636x400, 2.97M)

You'll like it if you have good taste or like anime butts.

how many Automata seeth threads are there daily?

>posting a webm that proves what you're trying to deny
One of these days, Platinum will finally wake up and punish the player for spamming dodge/parry inputs

The gameplay is mediocre but still pretty engaging
The story is paced nicely, got great characters and moment and also the music is very memorable

You haven't even played the game yet so i don't even know what problem you have with them beside the fact that 2B's ass getting memed a lot irks you for some reason?

That would make the game less fun. You have some retarded cognitive dissonance going on.

Attached: thumbnail.webm (640x250, 2.96M)

Yea it's pretty decent.

No it wouldn't. It would force the player to actually engage in the combat system with proper timing instead of brute force. And speaking of which, good job at posting footage of the game mostly playing itself.

Yes it would. Dodging keeps up the pace and allows you to clear the game on very hard mode.
>the game mostly playing itself.
Ah.. I fell for some autistic bait.

Attached: witch time.webm (720x400, 2.9M)

The main selling point is the settings, world and weirdness.
If you enjoy clunky but weird stuff like E.Y.E., VtMBL, RPGmaker games, etc, the whole taro collection is a must play.

If you want to know if you will like any of the Niers? Try any of the games i mentioned above first, as they are cheaper

I got it for the graphics combat and music

Nier Automata is a 9/10 game brought down to a 8/10 by the absolutely terrible and over rated character 9s. At first he is a bit quirky and naive but its kind of cute in an endearing way. But as the series goes on he becomes more and more neurotic, eventually turning into an autistic psychopath raging so hard that hes foaming at the mouth, completely unable to form any logical thought at all. If there has ever been an example of taking a good character and completely ruining them its 9s, and they force you to play him for 1.5 playthroughs.

It was a fun adventure. I still haven't done everything but that's okay, the time I spent playing this game made me feel like I was a kid again with so much joy in waiting to see what was next. And I liked the brute force aspect of the combat, being able to carry as many healing items as I want was great. The first few times I fought that kung-fu robot on the roof was pretty okay but then he leveled up to like 30 or 40 and I wasn't nearly that high but I beat that bitch after 25 minutes of doing chip damage and healing through everything. Most games are bitches these days with limiting healing to charges or just a low capped amount. This felt so gamey but at the same time so full of soul it was glorious.

Music yes.
Combat, huh, its not the best but its very fluid animation / momentum wise.

Nah, just fap to 2B and forget about it, it's shit.

I think this combat is better than DMC5

Nope, keep avoiding games and forming your own opinions because Yea Forums told you to

Its a free world, man.

Unfortunately OP the only way to know if you're going to like it is to play it yourself. You can return a game on Steam if you've played less than 2 hours, if you're interested give it a try. Or just pirate it. Why tf would you need a bunch of anonymous retards to tell you if you should buy something?

>Hasn't even played the game
It is so easy to tell.

Yes, there's numerous reasons to play the game. Like the fact that it is unironically one of the most important and moving gaming experiences ever created. Gameplay being very fun, varied and flashy is just the cream on the top.
Anyone shitposting about "muh ass" has literally never played the game.

You're assuming that "people" like OP could even get past the intro's tutorial within the 2 hour mark.
>or just pirate it
How about you do not ?

I haven't played many games that go from twin stick shooter, to hack and slash, to TPS to text adventure in the same half hour

It has its moments but its a slog for the most part with pretty cringey anime dialogue, and I say that as someone who enjoys watching anime
don't fall for the hype if you're already seeing the red flags

I didnt even know about the self destruct thing for 2b and i still loved the game

Jesus christ, you people are completely fucking retarded. This guy has been posting shitty wembs pretending to defend games (mostly Witcher 3, but apparently NieR now too), and someone just has to fall for it every time.

Attached: dat.webm (398x580, 2.93M)

I've beaten the game on PC and PS4. It's okay. Gameplay wise it's mediocre at best. Story is a bit of a clusterfuck

I feel like it's not about the art, story or gameplay being great, but rather how the game is programmed around those elements that make it unique. It's a cool experience overall. Not many games can achieve something so distinct as this.

It's a good game user, you should try it.

God DAMMIT where do I catch the logic virus so 2B can fucking crush my neck between her thighs?