Why aren't you playing the greatest RPG of the decade?

Why aren't you playing the greatest RPG of the decade?

Attached: divinity os2.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

I want to fuck the Red Prince.

Attached: RedPrince.png (326x333, 142K)

I did play it. It was a welcome way to wash out the bad aftertaste of the dullest rpg of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

I am the Red Prince.

extremely based "No!" poster

Because I've beaten it like 3 times, I liked Kingmaker more but OS2 is still great.

I want to like it but I hate how EVERYTHING creates a puddle.

what's wrong with puddles?

You don't even have to utilize puddles.

the first act is too boring. every encounter in the game plays out exactly the same

You can't get that hooded magister armour in game without mods! False advertisement!

this game fucking sucks

I tried. My friends and I made it like 90%of the way through the campaign. But it just really sucks compared to part 1. The level of "strategy" on tactician mode is just outright laughable.

Attached: thumbsup.png (348x494, 98K)

it was alright, but after the first playthrough it's such a fucking slog going through the first act that i never bothered with a second playthrough
for some reason, i never get bored replaying divine divinity though
i wish larian would make diablo-likes again

Attached: 1426435939808.jpg (498x499, 31K)

There have been no good rpgs since 2009

Because last time I played it the game bugged out in act 3 and I couldn't progress

I just finished it the other night, fantastic game.

Can't get into it, have no idea what kind of play style I want and the beach openings of both games just bore me immensely

Because BG3 isn't out yet

It was okay. The combat, art and music were all good. The writing was better than the worthless shit writing in the first one, but it was still pretty bad.

these are fair critiques but Obsidian was literally about to shutter without that first PoE kickstarter printing money, and that's the purpose it serves now. cashing in on nostalgiabux to keep the lights on is fine in my book.

their other games on the same engine are much more worth playing in my opinion

Because I can't organize three other people into playing video games. Especially when one of them is probably autistic.

It was ok but it was way too fucking easy on Tactician. There's too many things that completely break the game. (Ballistic Shot from 30 yards away, everything involving Skin Graft etc)

FATHER
OF
DRAGONS

I was, but got stuck in guam for a month and forgot about it. I keep meaning to get back into it. I was in the middle of escaping fort joy.