>linear as fuck
>filled to the brim with cutscenes that interrupt the gameplay
>lore is about some stupid evil GF shit instead of the galaxy or chozo
>barren exploration
>boring as fuck space station setting instead of an interesting planet/planets
>forced handholding
>muh adam daddy figure ruining any pretense of immersion
>obsessed with clones

why the fuck are there people that actually like this game? Like seriously, it took away everything that made metroid good and replaced it with stupid shit yet there are people that UNIRONICALLY look back on it fondly. Metroid fusion is a terrible game. Image file not related

Attached: 220px-Metroid_Other_M_Cover[1].jpg (220x304, 26K)

>complaints about story
zzzz
It was fun to play. That's not something that can be said about Other M.

>fun to play
>heavily dumbs down the core aspect of metroid, exploration
>constant, unskipable cutscenes destroying the pace of the game
>Not a single new upgrade, despite a vastly different suit which they could have gotten creative with

fusion is shit, take the nostalgia goggles off

Have to agree with this sadly. All the praise it gets about "muh atmosphere" and "muh spoopy scary villain" just can't redeem the terrible parts.

No new upgrades? You get the ice missiles and diffusion missiles. The former was later used on prime 3. If you're going to shit psot at least play the game beforehand.

The game's atmosphere is incredible, and will probably never be topped.

Also, you must suffer from ADHD, because the cutscenes were all minimal as fuck.

Attached: web.jpg (500x363, 28K)

these are still based off the missile and don't change the way you utilize them compared to something like the seeker missiles.

>The game's atmosphere is incredible, and will probably never be topped.
lol? every area being brightly lit save for parts of NOC destroys any atmosphere it has. Each area is also boring as fuck compared to areas of other metroid games. Super and Prime 1/2 have far better atmospheres than fusion. Prime 2 does horror a lot better as well.

>Also, you must suffer from ADHD, because the cutscenes were all minimal as fuck.
cool, then why can't I skip them, or the forced handholding that's associated with them?

>DOOOOD LE EVIL SAMUS HOW EPIC
I mean it was okay, but you're fellating it a little too much.

Fusion has the second worst atmosphere in the series next to other M, two 10 second encounters with SA-X don't save its shit setting. From the other 2D games you have unique environments you can traverse without a retarded computer constantly down your neck. I dont even want to compare the prime trilogy to fusion's atmosphere, especially the first two, it'll be a complete slaughter.

>>DOOOOD LE EVIL SAMUS HOW EPIC
even that was done better in other metroid games

Attached: 347713c59d8a239319d4d48fa4db29ebd515d9db_00[1].jpg (512x288, 25K)

Still had fun. It's not like I DIDN'T have fun. It's not like I'm playing Metroid Fusion and think "UGGGH diffusion missiles aren't new enough, I need more upgrades, now I'm not having fun". It's not like nostalgia is making me think I had more fun than I really did, I know exactly how much fun I had.

We can get into some critical analysis of the gameplay but saying "no new upgrades" isn't exactly a deep critique of its gameplay systems now is it? I mean I love the shinesparking puzzles which weren't really present before Fusion, I appreciate the snappier gameplay compared to the floaty Super Metroid, but it's really asinine to criticize something just for not being like another game, as if that means anything in and of itself.

is this an acfag thread

I like how you conveniently ignore how shit exploration is in fusion, the core aspect of metroid

You having fun with it is inconsequential. It's just flawed on an objective sense. And I can prove it. Look at Metroid Zero Mission as an example. People say "oh you can't remove the zero suit section, it's vital!" Well, one modmaker comes along and disproves that notion with the Super Zero Mission Romhack, which is basically Zero Mission but you never leave the suit. As a result the game holds your hand less, has a better bout of difficulty, and rewards thinking outside the box. With X Fusion on the way, it'll be round 2 of modmakers properly fixing the metroid series.

It seems like it. I know fusion is the black sheep of the franchise but this feels like an unwarranted hate thread.

>if you don't like the game that took a shit on metroid's fundamentals and led to Other M, you must be ACfag!
ok kid

One thing I appreciate about Fusion over Other M is that the space station design works better. You can see both the environmental areas and the machinery that make it work. In Other M it's like they made "simulated environments" so they wouldn't have to do the work of combining the tropes and so they could create the most generic fire, ice, and jungle areas in a Metroid game.

For me, it's Super Metroid.
The actual best Metroid game.

Attached: 71yno+wLL2L._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 31K)

Yeah this is an obvious answer. Fusion did good but the atmosphere and music of super are just the best of their time.

Super is the best SNES game there is

Me? I gotta go with Prime 2.

forgot your image echoeschad

Attached: gigachad[1].jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Attached: Sammy.png (1280x3512, 3.22M)

Fusion is flawed but has really nice atmosphere

It's not the best but has its charm. I completely appreciate the fact that Nintendo and Sakamoto could've just done Super Metroid 2 but they did something original. Even if Fusion spawned Other M later on, still a game that Metroid fans should appreciate(Fusion).

Is there anything more retarded than lashing out at a previous games for having superficial similarities to a later game and then say it's the cause of all the franchises woes like some fucking wife beater logic?

>superficial
Cope

>>constant, unskipable cutscenes destroying the pace of the game
Are you a fucking spastic? What cut-scenes are you talking about? You mean the paragraphs of dialogue between objectives from Adam? You mean the literal single digit seconds when the doppeldanger came on screen?

Is this the same guy from the monster hunter threads who makes annoying lists in every thread.
I've seen this one, or near variations, spammed every time fusion is mentioned?

Are you just going to communicate in buzzword sign language?

sure, you havn't explained why what I said is superficial. Fusion takes a dump over the exploration the series is revered for

prime 1 was my first metroid game, never really got into the others, other m was alright, i think the worst part was the other cast aside from samus - if it had been a solo game or at least had better side characters it could have been really cool - gameplay was fun for a wii game

HAHAH, the dumb fucker has been posting that version for at least a year now.