youtube.com/watch?v=VB5ypL7JQg8
imgur.com/a/VhgtU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon
youtu.be/BoREaOiEh9c?t=338
youtu.be/U60m7RRuuFU
vocaroo.com/i/s1L6EdL8Ffrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 868.png (837x221, 32K)

UE4 sucks all kinds of dicks, un-ironically.

source engine: soul
ue4: soulless

Have we gone so low that we're capping youtube comments now?

this. based and unity-pilled

>Spic mutt language

No surprise here, spics and hues are subhuman.

Attached: nkn.png (464x212, 17K)

unreal a shit

>post yfw it's tim using multiple sock puppet accounts to agree with himself

Here's your texture pop-in, bro.

Post the video link you fuck.

Pcbros defend a shit engine.
Even the quake 3 engine was more advanced.

Source was about face animations and the physics, not brushwork. Most modern games haven't even topped VtMB regarding face animations, and VtMB came out 15 years ago.

Valve doesn't even give a shit about making games anymore. Artifact was just a token attempt to make something they could milk for more shekels and it tanked so they are just going to go full Steam again back to focusing all their time and effort on making money off of the platform and microtransactions.

I don't even know who those comments would be aimed at as Valve surely doesn't give a fuck.

I dunno, vindicus still looks pretty good for a source engine game.

kys gaben, source is shit, unity is dogshit

FUCK UNREAL ENGINE.

Attached: %.png (710x929, 304K)

The day Gabe approves a UE4 game published by Valve is the day the company dies.

Big AAA games just film an actor's face now. It's been standard for quite a while.

valve devs are getting around BSP limitations with only using minimal level geometry and adding details as in-game models

Source good
Ue shit
FUCK gooks and FUCK epic store

Are there any multiplayer games nowadays where the characters are as expressive as in TF2?
I'm still seeing a shit ton of games where the taunts are these huge exaggerated mocap motions, but the character's face is completely stoic the whole time they do it.

imagine thinking source was better than id tech 4 , id tech 3, cryengine or UE3 at the time.

I miss UE3. The games had a weirdly distinct look but everything was running smooth as fuck for the visuals we got. UE4 is no where near that level, every single game that uses it has some fucked up issues that never got fixed.

could you please give an example of how tf2 characters are expressive? I've never really notice that shit.

Unity is better than UE.

That's not a bad deal desu

Attached: 5a6c7cbab3856.png (238x258, 75K)

Fuck this retarded thread.

Quick Yea Forums.
>Favorite UE game that isn't made by Epic
>Favorite Source game that isn't made by Valve

How can someone with eyes think Unreal Engine 3 games look better than anything else?
Not only do they normally look terrible, but you also have to wait an hour after gameplay has started for the textures to load in.

>spic poster
>posts jewtube comments

full yikes

Ummm... does this guy not know the difference between the gold engine and the source engine?

They also just shat out one of those auto chess games, too.

Stranglehold
Titanfall

Guilty Gear Xrd looks awesome, you fag

Deus Ex(did you expect an unreal 1 game?)

And either Left 4 dead(technically wasn't made by valve, they acquired the studio after). If not acceptable answer I'll chose titanfall 2.

you didn't prove the IDfag wrong.

Why are they using Source for CSGO and Source 2 for Dota 2, why the fuck wont they update it

Back in my days we used to work around limitations rather than bitch while doing nothing.

If engine don't suit your needs then use another you cock sucker.

Attached: 1539110181472.jpg (590x400, 34K)

EYE
fuck UE

Holy shit is this schizo user?
Are you finally branching out?

Why the fuck have they still not released that even? I get that they're still figuring out its kinks as they develop Underlord and their "VR games" but it's been god damn years already.

Release Source 2 already you lazy fucks.

Going to the ebin store is great for devs and publishers especially if the game was made in Unreal. Too bad that Epic is EA levels of scummy and loves ass raping consumers. Fuck Epic and fuck Unreal Engine

Attached: YEET.jpg (1125x749, 120K)

when i found out titanfall used source i had a great time

Attached: low settings.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

Sorry, but it looks like the only videos about facial expressions on youtube are people dicking around with the values in SFM, so you're just going to have to take me by my word.

Currently it's only a good deal because Epic pays them. Without that the 23% saved other Steam can't make up for a potential sales loss of about 50%. (At least that's what the Satisfactory numbers are roughly.)

Deus Ex
Dark Messiah

Can someone explain to me why most UE4 have that really plastic look to them? Is it just the default lighting engine? Because legitimately there's no other engine out there that has as much of distinct look as that.

Yah both titanfall games do and most don't know that, they also don't know so does apex legends.

Valvefags are ignoring this

XCOM 2 and Vampire The Masquerade

>Can someone explain to me why most UE4 have that really plastic look to them? Is it just the default lighting engine?
Yes. UE3 games were the same. You could tell which games used it at a glance as everyone kept the default shading. There were some rare exceptions like Mirror's Edge where the devs got around that shit by being tricky bastards but those games were pretty rare.

is there a good fps game on UE4 yet?

apex does too? if i played battle royale i'd probably see how that looks

Attached: re-45 auto.png (404x344, 223K)

But still, you get to use UE engine for free

>being related to the quake engine is a bad thing
dilate

I still don't get why Bethesda didn't try to compete with Unreal engine.
They could have made a shit load of money.

chinks are really desperate to shittalk more about steam and valve
op could post another thread about tf2 hat market fiasco but i guess he also was one of chink bots that spam market and now he don't want to talk about it

VALVE

it's purposefully designed to look that way. it's a polished turd.

maybe because their engine is kept together with glue and prayers

That doesn't help the consumer at all

Look at all the kill cam pictures people take in TF2.

YEAH I remember when HALF LIFE 2 come out and everyone pissing their pants over doll physics or whatever.Nobody cares about how you have to stop killing every 10 seconds and listen to some broad talk about the columbine or whatever.Now Quake knew what the player wanted:KILLING and GORE,not some seudo intelectual bullshit story telling trash.

-MIKE "FATALSLAYER79" HOPKINS
Shall not be infringed
I stand with Israel

>source engine never looked good
So those hundreds of HL2 reviews praising its graphics were all lies!

Do you retards really believe source was ahead of its time?
Better than id tech 3 and 4 and the cryengine?

I meant the id tech engine obviously retard

>Epic vs Steam store war threads
>Nintendo vs Sony console war threads
>WRPG vs JRPG genre war threads
>Company A vs Company B threads in general
>even the occasional Twitch vs Mixr streaming war threads
What the fuck is up with people trying to start us vs them arguments, holy fucking shit. Is that all you people understand?

Attached: you is stop.gif (144x48, 2K)

Wasn't source impressive because of >muh physic, yet it uses Havok?

Fucking this

retards can only think in boxes. It's always ''us vs them'', it's how they define themselves. It's also a way of coping with investment: ''I spent money on this so the thing I didn't spend money on has to be bad so I didn't waste my money''

you've seen literally who: the twitter threads
now get ready for
literally who: THE YOUTUBE COMMENT threads
500 REPLIES GUARANTEED OR FULL REFUND

Attached: 1446061728917.jpg (1040x1310, 1.52M)

this is gameplay

Attached: 1508468970139.png (496x496, 513K)

Attached: 12241525156.png (527x559, 219K)

> posting about engines
> literally have no clue what it even means

I hate how gamers are so arrogant they think that they know what an engine even is.

Attached: 1518438990080.png (478x523, 16K)

Its not source, its a modified engine based on it, Source couldnt ever handle even a fraction of Apex's map.

Unreal Engine 4 is free bloatware in every game that uses it

if you look at the time it's daytime in america so now it's mostly them posting
and like you know americans are now very sensitive about splitting people into 2 groups

>ITT: now valve drones coping with the fact that source 2 is dogshit even abandoned by gaben
keep seething pic related is the peak of gaming development right now and you cant do anything

Attached: tim-sweeney.jpg (1024x632, 127K)

>Source engine never looked good!

Attached: EYE.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

>valve devs are getting around BSP limitations with only using minimal level geometry and adding details as in-game models
That reminds me of the TurboGrafx 16: it could only do one background layer, so devs faked parallax effects with sprites.

>proves his point

looks like soulless dogshit, literally soulless the engine

>steamcuckolds think Source engine looks better than UE4
kek

Attached: 56424224c1ee951028562a98cdd46a38b8cc0a75d630e9ad74ab33c31dbb75ffc81eea5a (1).jpg (3840x2160, 3.36M)

imagine thinking source was ahead of its time.

I have a huge fetish for low poly models like this and that's just fucking adorable. How can Respawn and Infinity Ward be so damn based?

If you think source engine was never impressive you're a fucking zoomer and weren't alive when it came out

fuck off with that shit

I'm a bit of a brainlet but why don't they make the fox engine open source? that seems like it would be the best since it gets such good-looking games like MGSV to run on both PC and console.

Remember when Valve said they were gonna release Source 2 to the public for free?

Wasn't that shit like 5 years ago now?

>konami giving something

lol ?

I don't have a favorite UE game
Zeno Clash is fucking great, I can't think of a source game that I don't love.

dont mind me killing some steam drones

Attached: dontmindme.jpg (986x749, 136K)

you can't make money off of an opensource engine, to name just one reason

Did any other nonValve game use Source besides Dark Messiah and Titanfall?

Arkham Knight is the best looking game around and it's UE3.

Hat does unreal use?
BVH or octree?

>Different games necessitate different engines
Source is better for fps, Unreal for most other stuff. It's been like that for a while. But this is bait so I don't know why I'm wasting my time replying.

So why does Source engine have the best feel of all engines then?

Why hasn't Valve gotten third party devs to use Source 2? Obviously they can't use it themselves since they don't make games.

why are you lying steam drone ?

Attached: $.jpg (1920x1080, 607K)

You make it open source but non-commercial license.
Students and hobbyists can use it and learn it which expands your developer mindshare but if any companies want it they pay up.
This is why Maya, adobe, etc give free/cheapo licenses to students so they can get people locked into their tooling.

>looks like soulless dogshit
EYE is literally peak soul. Its possibly the only source game where the soul shines bright.

>implying Yea Forums isn't youtube comments without the video

Dude you just insulted the soullest of soul.

How hard is it to make stuff like pic?
Do you need to custom model all that and set up hard to learn texture lighting or is it easy these days?

>source is better for fps
source WAS good for fps now its outdated trash and got dabbed on by fortnite

Not a bad deal? In addition to the money Epic bribes publishers with, it's an insane deal.

But that's it; it's too good. If Epic are successful in killing Steam and forcing themselves into the top position, what do people think is going to happen? With their current policy, they're making barely any money at all from the store, if any at all. Does anyone here not expect Tencent to shift gears once they're ready for the return on their investment? It's laughable to see people complain about Valve's apathetic monopoly when Tencent is lurking around the corner.

>it was based engine
Looks like source is pretty based.

Attached: 1A554F21-A901-46F7-972A-DE9B0FDC27A7.jpg (1058x474, 173K)

Bioshock was made in a modified unreal engine 2

I legitimately think it's because they haven't worked on the engine since it's announcement years ago and literally just did the bare minimum to make DOTA 2 prettier.

I do not believe Source "2" is actually completed or real and is more akin to "Source 1: Episode 1"

Off the top of my head
Dark Messiah
Zeno Clash
EYE Divine Cybermancy
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Vindictus (nexxon's best game and probably the only on this list that isn't FPS)
Tactical Intervention
Blade Symphony
Insurgency
Titanfall
And a crap ton of fan projects and mods like Pirates, Vikings and Knights, NeoTokyo, and Fistful of Frags

>Fortnite
>FPS
>Not feeling like garbage to control

>Most modern games haven't even topped VtMB
some retards actually believe it

Their faces don't move if you have the geometry set to low. If you have it on medium or high they mix and match preset animations to create unique face expressions depending on what's happening. It looks silly cause TF2 is silly but it's a real challenge to think of a single other game that does this and when you get used to TF2, going to newer games where characters don't emote just feels unironically soulless.

/thread

fortnite is third person

How do you People here know anything about graphs engines

Xcom enemy within, and does black mesa count?

>wah wah wah source doesn't hold your hand THEREFORE ITS BAD
hello retard

Have we really fallen so low that were now using fucking youtube comments as arguments?
That's somehow even worse than goddamn literally who twitter screencaps

Attached: cs72t4qk3u031.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Games like Guilty Gear show devs can do some amazing artstyles in UE but most are talentless hacks in crunch time so the defult settings are good enough for them and that's why it's so fucking prevelent.

This. I actually think they've only started working on Source 2 with Artishat and their new VR gimmicks.

Though that being said, Dota 2 has become their guinea pigs.

holy fucking based

>not feeling like garbage to control
have you ever played apex its a input lag mess, stop coping drone.

I actually haven't played Apex Legends but feel free to ignore every other game on that list.
>Calling me a drone
>Defends fucking fortnite of all things

unreal is free but you need assets so its not that easy

>yt comments thread
the complete and absolute state of this board and web-sight in general holy shit

are you fucking stupid?

fortnite is litarally a unreal/dev tech demo, its literally a masterpiece in terms of performance with all the frequent updates. thats the reason why nobody can challenge epic in that regard, ue and tim is too strong.

yeah
It's odd how human psychology works, these threads get so many replied.
But if the comment was just made here, and not a screen shot of a comment, no one would reply

Its like it's given authority by being a screen shot from elsewhere

stop talking when you dont know shit then faggot
>I ignore
yeah because you have no knowledge

What's the difference between a "new" engine and an update?
Isn't unreal engine 4 a big update of unreal engine 3? Why did they decide to call it unreal engine 4 then?

>Spanish
lmao

ask tim on twitter im sure he will give you the answer
>unironically

Well, it can do some pretty stuff too. And it won't demand a high end machine.

Attached: Black-Mesa.jpg (1600x900, 207K)

Even iD couldn't really get anyone to license 4

pic not related.

That game in the pic is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and was one of the first games to use photgrammetry, in which they basically photograph every object in real life and throw it in the game. The time of day doesn't change in real time in that game so there's no need to worry about the photo objects looking wrong depending on the lighting because it's essentially pre baked.

>10 years development the game
they are still working on the fucking alien lvl, nice engine you have there
>goes to trash

Come one even if you don't like what Epic is doing with the EGS you have to admit that UE is pretty groundbreaking and overall great for the industry.

you know that doesn't work anymore right? There're browsing extensions meant to explicitly remove this from view so it has no power.

Deus Ex
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Attached: Moot Boyle.png (800x600, 592K)

no, it's source, get off your high horse

Of course it took a while, a bunch of modders made a AAA game with a budget of $0.

Actually this. Not sure why every big dev uses it. At least Unity has the excuse of being mainly used by amateur indie devs.

TF2 and Portal are the only good-looking Source games, and that's entirely due to art direction.

Source is not a great engine.

Attached: 1355340913768.gif (344x364, 2.81M)

Source 2 fixes all those issues

That's part of the issue. VtMB's face animations were purposely exaggerated a bit, which ended up being better than going for mocap and perfect realism.

>aaa game
its a fucking remake based on a mod engine

>He thinks Source 2 is real
Let me guess user, Half-Life 3 will be using it right?

Attached: laughing jew.jpg (407x350, 30K)

GabeN's son went on VNN and was talking about Source 2 for a minute. Even he can't use Source 2 for a game because it is a shitshow of spaghetti code with nobody wanting to put in the effort to reorganize it into something more efficient, oh and its also nowhere near completion because obligatory Valve time

Attached: we make what now.jpg (740x566, 57K)

According to a former dev you couldn't even rocket jump in S2

good choices user

>doesn't know ragdoll physics by name
How old are you?

So you moved onto attacking the Source Engine. When will you go to GoldSrc?

Dota 2 already uses Source 2, along with the new VR stuff they offer for free

I hope it will fix gabens weight issue too

Attached: gabe-newell-valve.jpg (2405x1603, 1.61M)

>And a crap ton of fan projects and mods like Pirates, Vikings and Knights, NeoTokyo, and Fistful of Frags
A lot of these are still active and some of the best multiplayer games IMO. Pirates Vikings and Knights 2, Zombie Panic Source, and Dystopia are even still getting updates.

Attached: file.png (1280x960, 1.55M)

>already

it was released in fucking 2015

>I have a huge fetish for low poly models
Me too. In some high poly games I can't fucking see what's going on everything blends together. Too many details crammed into a small screen.

mirrors edge was frostbite retard

>EYE
Soulfull game

>with a budget of $0.
theyve been charging money for years

Yeah I wish more devs would pay attention to visual clarity instead of just trying to add in as much shit as possible.

That is what prompted me to finally get a higher res monitor. 1080p is too muddy these days.

What's the hardest thing to code : Physic or graphic engine?

Insurgency: Sandstorm
Insurgency

>Implying it's "Source 2"
>Implying it isn't the half finished remnants of what was meant to be Source 2 until they gave up and it being more akin to Source 1.5
If a card game and those shitty VR games that look nothing special is your evidence then at best your just proving how lame the actual product is.

>distinct look
Everything using ue3 was grey

who

No it was UE3, the sequel was in frostbite

Source1 has baked lighting and also it depends on a bunch of hacky code from genius programmers who no longer work at Valve and didn't properly document their code.

It's already much more different
youtube.com/watch?v=VB5ypL7JQg8
But yeah, they've not actually used it in anything worthwhile yet. Valve are shit like that.

My only qualm with it is devs not putting enough effort in to make their game not look like Unreal Engine Game #198416

id's strategy was always collect the money, then "here's the code, have fun", whereas other engines offer continuous support. Would probably be a massive undertaking to both develop all the documentation and train enough people to support it. And since AAA games are made by hundreds of low skill monkeys working together, it makes sense to use something easier for development.

Very simplistic ragdoll implementation(try running someone down with a car, they fly like literal rag dolls) and awful vehicle physics
Why do people even like FOX?

Make it end. Please.

Attached: 1541034678479.png (587x413, 490K)

Fox was used by Japanese proggers, all the documentation is probably in Japanese and the tools are most probable not user-friendly at all

You Tencent shills are getting more desperate with every passing day.

Look at the success of unreal engine 4.
Engines are getting more and more complex. Only a very few companies are still able to make their own engine.

why would ANYONE want to use it, user?

on a tech level it's significantly behind the competition, it doesn't even support PBR. Like you've played a modern game recently, yeah? you know what they look like now right?

If half life 3 were to come out on source 2 it'd require extreme overhauls to be current gen visually. I'd imagine tech deficit is a big reason there hasn't been many valve games lately.

Attached: battlefront.jpg (2000x2000, 3.63M)

Same with the Bethesda engine the engine logic is dogshit

How long until we can do photgrammetry/PBR with just new phone or camera and pop it into unreal.
Plus phone based mocap and then hobbyists could make small AAA looking games based on real environments without having to model and texture everything for ages.

>why would ANYONE want to use it, user?
IDK I'm not a geek. I just know that Source games feel smoother and more responsive than Frostbite and Unreal games. I'd like a Source 2. Have it remove that weird stutter and its good.

the only problem with dropping the quality in titanfall is the pop-in for plants n shit is horrendous
its worth it though cause the shitty models can be fucking hilarious imgur.com/a/VhgtU

Attached: outplayed.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

Attached: 1507786306222.gif (465x271, 958K)

Who gives a fuck you boomer? Always drooling over useless new tech.
>muh based amazon drones

I think they want to put out a VR game before releasing it, in a similar way that they wanted to put out HL2 before VtMB could be released.

Disgusting. I don't want to anchor my skull into some Gaming Cage that my PC can't even handle anyways. I don't wanna put things in my asshole either.

Attached: ITSP.jpg (1135x851, 131K)

>Yea Forums complains about indie devs always doing pixel shit or flat textures
>new tech that could make it feasible for small teams to make HD/"realistic" games
>"reee old good new bad!"

Attached: 1519456671219.jpg (208x242, 10K)

What I'm saying is, a big part of their success is having an engine with thorough documentation and support staff.

Okay. Make a replacement that doesn't make literally all forms of movement feel like I'm on a spinny office chair.

here's how a UE game actually looks like

Attached: UphAyRL.jpg (1920x1080, 787K)

>Yea Forums
You mean coping reddit faggots

Well, you can't get promoted for working on an engine at Valve. You damn sure can't get promoted or a bonus for fixing bugs or improving an existing product.

You need to ship new things, at the cost of all else.

i grew up with source so i find it really comfortable

titanfall 2 is the sharpest-feeling game of all time to me, most UE4 games feel weirdly floaty.

Nice "lowest" settings my drone

No one is pretending that Source isn't obsolete. Valve doesn't even use it any more, themselves, except as needed for their legacy titles, which they're also gradually migrating to their new Source 2. Their last three games were all in Unity3D and Source 2.

Attached: mbti_mmo_classes.png (1484x2152, 431K)

it's shitty bait that you're a retard for taking

actually HERE's what UE game looks like

Attached: Dragon-Ball-FighterZ_2018_01-22-18_017.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

UE4 is hot garbage though, who the fuck would beg to use it?

>he doesn't know about Source 3 engine
Valve skunkworks team have been working on it for years reporting only to Gabe.
It shits on unreal and has bleeding edge VR tech support.

Why is UE so fucking flexible bros

>3

Attached: 1526099046421.png (1442x1440, 1.04M)

I don't fully understand this, but I believe it, because my $1k 2017-built desktop struggles to run things like Insurgency and TF2 on some bigger maps

people are just butthurt about UE4 because of EGS.

user is right. Didn't say it when I said they couldn't sell 4 but it's what I was thinking

Almost the entire gaming industry

Nobody really knows exactly what features Source 2 has, but it seems graphically capable enough from what we've seen of it (mostly the Robot Repair demo). It certainly seems to have PBR, advanced lighting, etc. basic modern engine features, and also its own version of prefabs. It also seems fairly performant and very fast-loading.

I implore you to replay Vampire again and face reality.

>because my $1k 2017-built desktop struggles to run things like Insurgency and TF2 on some bigger maps
I think that depends more on how many props are in the map and if it's really properly optimized. Some big maps will run fine.

>UE game
Killing Floor (both 1 and 2)
>Source game
Insurgency

ops
meant for

212 replies later and no one is going to ask who the fuck is GraveUypo?

it's like you people didn't read the comment and understand that source was outdated even for it's time.
id tech 3 and 4 and cryengine were more advanced.

Id tech was made by a literal savant genius of a caliber the games industry won't see again.

There is actually something even more impressive, though.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon

>The game was developed in a small village near Dunblane over the course of two years.[2] Sawyer wrote 99% of the code for RollerCoaster Tycoon in x86 assembly language, with one percent of the functions written in C for interaction with the Windows operating system and DirectX.

UE4 is great just companies are looking to save on licensing costs these days and make their own engines.

id tech 4 was was a generation ahead of everyone else though that's not fair.

It's amazing how well it holds up visually.

Carmack is more impressive because he advanced the state of gaming by leaps and bounds in a short period of time. Assembly is not that hard, just tedious.

Reminder that quite literally the only thing preventing Source 2 from curbstomping Unreal is that Valve is retarded and wants it to be exclusive to steam if you use it.
(Also no SDK but that's already obvious)
Also, internally Valve doesn't want to use unreal and hasn't wanted to, they used unity before they got Source 2 working half decent for VR because gabe is a senile old fuck and thinks VR and cerebral fucking bores is his N64 now

>Assembly is not that hard, just tedious.

most assembly coders would disagree with you... there is a reason assembly coders almost instantly became extinct when compilers started to become popular

It's true
>CS:GO battle royale is a small island with fewer players than other BRs because of engine limitations
>won't even process interiors past a certain view and windows will show up as black bars instead, snipers can hole up there
It's implied that L4D3 was dropped literally because of engine arguing and they couldn't decide whether to use Source or Source 2, as it turns out Source 2 has barely improved on Source, the only gist of 2 is that it's better to mod with it and the graphics are slightly better, but you have to imagine what kind of dumb shit is happening in the background if they're arguing which version of the engine to use
The engine itself is shoddy and terribly optimized and this is observable with most games, such as TF2, where graphic cards at the time of its release struggled to render the game and some graphics were tuned down over the years, and even now you can still get some stutters once in a while.
>have anarchic structure where people are free to work on whatever they want
>this goes fine and dandy and everyone is happy
>something happens and Valve becomes very lazy, starts pumping games full of cosmetic microtransactions and development of proper videogames ceases almost overnight
>no new games for five years since CS:GO's release in 2013, console is obscure and VR is still a meme as far as I know
>they announce a fucking card game based on their cash cow videogame which flops hard
>they announce a fucking autochess game based on their cash cow videogame which does better
>more than half of employees are working on VR
>former Valve employee described the conditions as barbaric and shitty where certain long-time employees can get you kicked if they dislike you, and some introductory handbook was intentionally leaked online as a PR stunt
Still better than Epic Chinks desu, at least they aren't actively making the industry worse, I've yet to see Valve do more damage in their lifespan than Epic did by releasing BR Fortnite

Attached: 1565021939683.jpg (604x604, 133K)

They became extinct because the whole point of languages was like C was to get away from the tedium of assembly, and because compilers can now produce assembly better than humans most of the time. I'm not saying it's easy, just relative to Carmack's achievements it's pretty mundane.

>something happens and Valve becomes very lazy, starts pumping games full of cosmetic microtransactions and development of proper videogames ceases almost overnight
It's because of the ridiculous amount of money to be made doing that. I don't agree with it but I understand the reason, they've made so much money from microtransactions. I was never a huge Valve fanboy or particularly obsessed with HL2's story, but I'm still hoping they actually bring some needed improvements to VR and redeem themselves. The thought of playing my favorite games in VR is the only thing I've been excited about lately.

Source 1 was good for 2004 PC's, but yeah Valve didn't really make it for anything else in mind & it's aged poorly

Nothing will happen until the technology becomes cheap enough that an average person can afford, and motion VR requires either some stuff you hold in your hands or attaching a bunch of motion sensors across a wide enough room. I still think the technology is actually pretty cheap given that they're basically small dual monitors but they either want to recoup the costs at the expense of the customer or are cashing in on general obliviousness about the fabrication costs

>Nothing will happen until the technology becomes cheap enough that an average person can afford
I think that's pretty much their next focus now

>Still better than Epic

You fucked up here, Steam drone

she is made of bubble gum

>unreal engine: soulless movie game shlock
>source engine: certified ludo through and through
the choice is simple

Attached: 1513889910802.jpg (415x400, 21K)

More GOTYs have come out of UE than Source.

Prove me wrong.

vtmb is the best singleplayer game and the best multiplayer games are hl2 mods

>goty
t. ign sóygoy

PROVE THE DOOMFAG WRONG VALVETARDS.

He's right though

Deus Ex
EYE

>Source 1: Episode 1
That describes it perfectly.

when is source 3?

Why are they even delaying source 2?
>using dota 2 and csgo to experiment with the engine
>artifact was a massive flop but they still got to probably tweak with the engine more while developing it
>underlords is now making them refine the mobile capabilities of the engine
>also VR shit

Are they still fucking "polishing" that shit?

I love the feel of source it just feels right. UE always feels like fucking shit. I can't explain it.

Even the devs of the unofficial HL2 Ep III don't want to do it on the source engine, it's that bad.

Attached: Pistol.jpg (1200x676, 132K)

this
if you're not making a generic clone of whatever big genre, good luck digging through a few 100k lines of code with pajeet tier commentary and documentation just to add a semi-minor feature.
Lighting workflow is all kinds of retarded, with raytracing on one side and not being able to choose reflection probe resolution on a per-probe basis on the other.
They just hooked up UE3 with a new renderer and threw every new tool on a giant pile of old messy code.

People need to realize Valve stopped being game developers a long time ago. They won't do anything unless there's a chance of a billion dollar payout. They're an investment company looking for the next big thing, they don't give a shit about developing actual games any more.

Yea Forums is lost, comrade.

Mirror's Edge
Black Mesa

They're using a basic Lambert shader for their analytical light sources instead of Oren-Nayar or similarly accurate models
Their specular reflection roughness curve is trash
Their standard postprocessing effects are shit tier (it's easy enough to add different ones though, I'll give them that)
They didn't unify the brightness value ranges across their lighting system until two or three releases ago
It's also unnecessarily hard to add new shaders or change the renderer (full Editor rebuild, for adding a fucking item to the shader picker dropdown menu, and other moronic software design choices)

Those are the ones i remember.

I don't get why people still have any respect for Valve. This is a company that literally monetizes everything they possibly can.

>Paid mods (CSGO, TF2)
>They tried to monetize Skyrim mods but got shut down
>Trading Cards
>Gems
>Buy a shit ton of games on a sale for a 0.0001% chance of a free game
>Only thing they develop any more is flavor of the month monetization schemes

There's probably a shit ton more jewery in dota2 and their other games but I don't touch that cancer.

Don't forget
>Helped pioneer the loot boxes trend
I'm trying to think if there was any company before them who did this but the first instance I can remember were the Mann Co. crates in TF2.

Boreal Alyph exists.

yeah but they made half life 2 dude, that makes up for anything bad they do

Tekken7
Em. Nothing.

Attached: 1563151938018.png (383x364, 139K)

Is there a reason why some source games just feel really fucking good to play?

What the fuck ever happened to source 2?

ID TECH 3 , ID TECH 4, UE3, UE2 , CRYENGINE WERE FUCKING MORE ADVANCED.

Lootboxes were a thing years before TF2 was even released

source engine was fun to work with as a map maker for cs source and csgo.

Id tech 5 6 and 7 are also more advanced than steam

BSP formats work best in corridors because of how they subdivide the map into chunks based on what the player can see (VIS). This was highly important for a game like Quake 1 when it was new, since not only were specs very low at the time, video acceleration cards were rare and the majority of the game was handled CPU side. These aspects carried over into Source somewhat, which is why Source is amazing for lower spec machines that no longer exist, unless you're trying to play on something you picked up at Walmart and runs on Intel HD graphics.

Modern engines typically load the entire map or sectors of the map and force the video card to render a lot of stuff because of it. This usually doesn't matter all that much because most hardware is far above what's actually needed to run something effectively, so this method makes it easy on the programmers and designers to just make something and ship it (Coupled with various things to reduce visual detail if needed to preserve FPS, such as LoD). Getting your game out the door is a chief aim of most developers, logically because a game that hasn't shipped yet is making you no money.

That said, Source and older idtech engines are great for enthusiasts who want something to run as smoothly as possible, assuming they're willing to put the work into optimizing their game/maps, so long as they take the engine constraints in mind. It's not a swiss army knife like Unreal, it's a relic of a bygone era designed to be used a specific way and worked around that way throughout. It's not suited for modern development.

Decided to look it up on wiki and yeah you're right. It started back in 2004 with gachas in Maple Story but the first instance of actual lootboxes in the west (aside from mobile/facebook games) was in TF2.
So basically they helped pioneer the loot box cancer in the west.

Attached: loot boxes.png (1652x201, 79K)

>TF2
>Good art direction
Pick one

yes it is a piece of shit

the only source shooter that doesn't have (a lot of) limitation is titanfall but they tweaked it to hell, you can't even say it was made on the source engine anymore

the only based posts itt. FUCK VALVE DRONES.

This post is brought to you by Tim Sweeney and Tencent

>source engine bad
>b-but epic

q3 had smp support but it was extremely primitive. one thread would handle the gl context and the other would prepare the next frame to be rendered. it improved framerate a bit on my dual coppermine system.
source has had multithreading for at least a decade, in a far more comprehensive fashion.
anyway great thread

I could swear runescape was doing this shit way before

I still remember seeing the idea of Mann Co. crates for the first time and thought it was the dumbest shit that would never catch on. Surprise, surprise.

I just like movement in Source the best. Air strafing feels good.

>Ebinfags are so assblasted by Valve they jave to compare a 20 years old engine with their shitty unoptimized piece of shit engine that deliberatly runs slow on Amd gpus because they still can't figurid out how to properly use vertex multi map in conjunction with ambient occlusion and data stream during texture pre-fetch.
BUT MHU RAY TRACING ONLY ON NVIDIA©!!!

EU4 is a fucking meme. Is being used only because of consoles, to prove yet again this technology is holding back videogames graphics.
Whant to see a real GOOD engine? Check the fucking Serious Engine, you non dev fags.

BamHam City
BamHam knight is also on UE3 and far better looking than any UE4 game, actually I'd go as far to say it's the best looking game of all time
VtMB
My favorite source game overall

I modded GLD source and source engine tons, practically from day one. I've also worked with Unreal Engine, Crytek, Unity, and a few others.

GLD source was awesome. Source was shit, is shit, and will stay shit for a very long time. It has unquestionably crippled Valve over the years. The fact they still make it work for Dota 2 and CSGO is kind of magical honestly.

Oh shit I wanna titty fuck bu now

Is unity or ue4 better for a fledgling devlet?

The first loot boxes were from EA in UEFA Champions League 2006–2007, and developed like cancer from EA monitizing it in all sports games from that point on. That's why loot boxes are referred to as Wilson loot boxes.

See

>MAKING FUCKING THREADS ABOUT YOUTUBE COMMENTS
HOLY FUCKING KEK

How are the tools for working with each though? I remember mapping in goldsrc and it was pretty easy, sure we all thought Hammer was a piece of shit but after hearing horror stories of how you need hours just to move an object a few inches in a map with modern engine tools I don't think it was that bad.

Guaranteed him and most people were swooning over the source engine when it came out.

That doesn't disprove what he said
at all

Fuck off shill.

Attached: epic bugman.png (1109x739, 114K)

"BSP" (CSG) is the best and most flexible way to greybox maps quickly

the fact that unreal engine keeps gimping its CSG tools with every version is ridiculous

also the "multithreading" in quake 3 is a concurrent design where the renderer backend runs in its own thread, and it's completely disabled at the compilation level anyway. no parallelism at all. parallelism is not a silver bullet in games programming.

that's not lipsyncing, it's merely playing back a 3d video

>It doesn't matter that source engine is shit!

it proves that source was always shit.

Glue and prayers is how Bungie made engines, Bethesda has the structure collapse and then calls it an engine.

>he ran out of valve games to obsess about so now he's obsessed with their engine
what's next for you user?

dont use us you double nigger

which is a game code issue and not an engine issue -- source mouse input code is quake mouse input code

if you want to see engines that really fuck up mouse input, look at unity and unreal

Hello.

Attached: Seriousengine4.png (250x349, 42K)

>he still can't defend valve games and their engines.
Pathetic valve drones.

answer my question

everyone in the industry knows that Quake Radiant and Hammer have way better brush tools than what you can get in Unity and Unreal. Even the Quixel guys explicitly said this. youtu.be/BoREaOiEh9c?t=338

Attached: 11.gif (301x353, 1.56M)

>having to make sense of Carmack's wizard code

what's "modern development"?

Carmack's code is very easy to understand, and it's one reason he's revered. His code is in the "simple genius" category like Unix.

Attached: 1561363888698.jpg (422x442, 58K)

and how much of that complexity is actually useful? also, how much of that complexity actually harms the user's experience with the engine?

When was the last time valve made a good game?

It's clearly you zoomers never played doom 3 and far cry if you think source was good.

Attached: fast-invsqrt.png (672x266, 7K)

Source is not bad, just very fucking dated.

I'll tell you if you answer my question

it was dated even back then

They should buy cryengine.

>faggot children arguing about engines
you might as well be arguing the merits of zlib and freetype

and until unity and ue can get mouse input right they can fuck off

what's the matter valvecucks?
Can't prove the doomworld poster wrong?

Source had better models, textures, faces, and facial animations over Doom 3 and Far Cry.

You were talking about valve games, when was the last good valve game? What's the problem? It should be an easy answer, they don't make that many games.

Sure. Outshined by other engines, but still not bad per se.

It really is. I have yet to see this kind of flexibility in Unity for example.

My question had nothing to do with Valve games other than mentioned you had run out of Valve games to shitpost about. Now answer my question, then I'll answer yours.

Dota 2 has Dota Plus (an monthly subscription in-game helper that holds your hand through gameplay), the same lootbox bullshit as TF2, and the battlepass that gates features that should have been in the game long ago and sells features that should not be in game. It's bad but drones eat it up.

HL2 is overrated as hell (fun mods and dm though)

>2019
>still using non-free engines

Attached: ishygddt.png (1024x1024, 64K)

If only Valve had released Source 2 like they planned to like 3 years ago...

GraveUypo, no one even knows what you're referring to

source is id tech with additions. it ended up between id tech 3 and id tech 4 in terms of contemporary rendering techniques. i'm not sure what you're so bent out of shape about. it's no good singing praise of id tech while raging about source because source is just a third-party iteration of id tech.

So shit games AND shit engine.

EGS simply does not have the market share for it to be a good deal right now. Yes, you're paying a lot more % to Steam but your total profit is still a lot higher.

that doesn't answer my question user

the scene hierarchy is an obstacle

we lost a co-co-co-co-control point

MUH FACIAL ANIMATIONS MUH PHYSICS
Pathetic, it can't compete with far cry jungles and doom 3 lighthing.

hl2.exe has stopped working

>can't compete with far cry jungles
it can though

Attached: 4fec0986158e0.jpg (1200x675, 328K)

how many posts have you made GraveUypo?

That's a big yike from me, boss, and I'm a Steamfag.

I see 3 trees copy and pasted.

That's a big yike from me, boss, and I'm a Steamfag.

That looks AS good as Far Cry's jungles

Attached: FarCry_WE_01.jpg (1250x700, 148K)

the chad de_school_shooting.bsp
the virgin shootingrange.umap

you're a retard

pic related is source, implementing a pbr rendering pipeline is piss easy

Attached: PBR2.png (1691x1151, 3.58M)

physics

that looks like shit

When can we expect games with actual graphics?

Attached: hopps in rainforest district.webm (1920x808, 2.98M)

Doesn't matter

uh huh, sure

Attached: rainforest district.webm (1280x536, 2.98M)

Honestly I don't understand what people mean by Source Engine's limitations beyond the small map sizes. I would be playing source games right now if they were still being made.

It's okay to admit I'm right user

actually it's controlled by a cvar

Mordhau, Insurgency

Modern game development focuses mostly on creating a game with a wide potential userbase at a fast pace. While this seems obvious to try and gather an expansive audience and push more games out the door to do so, historically in game development's infancy, oftentimes the goal was to make something technically impressive (For the time) or innovate in ways that would capture a different audience.

For example, a game like Quake 1 was able to pull off excellent 3D graphics on old hardware and went on to become the basis for a number of games built upon its architecture for quite some time. It was able to leverage a technically impressive feat to captivate gamers at the time. Contrast this with most modern AAA titles such as what EA or Activision puts out. Most of their games are built upon small evolutions of previous engines and don't particularly seek to push the envelope on the side of actual game development (In this case, I'm referring to the underlying technical development, such as engine improvements). Developers make do creating content within a framework without for the most part enhancing or tuning what it can do. Only in rare circumstances are engine enhancements made, usually when they absolutely must be to pull off a core mechanic of a game, and even then they're viewed as "a waste of resources" by most non-engine developers since it's so effort intensive compared to simply creating new 3D models or textures. The innovation is viewed as superfluous towards creating the next hit game, since being technically impressive is by and large not what draws in a large audience past the time when games were mainly the domain of computer geeks.

Furthermore, it's debatable in itself how much innovation is even possible in the last few years. The biggest leaps and bounds were made decades ago, and the same amount of work today does not pay off nearly as much as it did before.

>Shitposting is so low quality that you need to find youtube comments to make threads

Attached: 1562662080579.jpg (429x606, 149K)

oh hey

Attached: 1548706759289.gif (342x512, 312K)

Yeah lets roll with the yt comment of one dude, it must be the truth

Tell me why source was good for it's time.

Attached: del2.webm (1920x1080, 2.12M)

Why is she as small as a mouse in this webm?

wow looks great user!

Attached: laughing owl.png (688x530, 542K)

Guilty Gear Xrd
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy and Titanfall 2 tied ofr first. Dark Messiah for second place. There's too many for me to list, but those three are all instantly in my mind the second the topic arises.

It's an elephant's computer

Attached: hopps microwaving dinner.webm (1920x808, 2.98M)

Now that the dust has cleared we can all agree real-time raytracing is the right direction to go in, right?

Attached: hopps is excited.webm (488x626, 1.48M)

Stop deflecting , furry valve drone.

Damn it, this bunny. Now I have to masturbate.

I’d rather take a broken custom made engine over a lazy, ugly, premade one. It just results in a lazy, soulless, mess

Unreal engine is unironically pretty soulless
When you look at every game made with said engine, you can feel how samey they are and how the foundation is scuffed on each game

You look at source and first things that comes to your mind will most likely be stuff like Half-Life, Portal and L4D, but what you should be looking at is stuff like Apex Legends, Titanfall 1 & 2, VTMB, Vindictus, E.Y.E, Zeno Clash etc.

lol

Attached: xrd-potemkin-costume.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

>i'd take a broken angine over a functional one

>Source mods still being made
>GoldSRC mods still being made
>Unreal Tournament 4 is not being made anymore

Fuck Epic and fuck Valve, they both have almost unlimited funds and wont fucking finish what they started.

Attached: 1504052819641.png (423x644, 46K)

UE looks like shit, Tim

Create a Forest Scene in CRYENGINE: youtu.be/U60m7RRuuFU

is this in the movie? she looks way too small

If unreal engine doesn't have SOUL then explain this???

Attached: big boi.webm (512x512, 971K)

It's a city for animals of many different sizes, that's probably a giraffe sized chair or something

thanks for proving my point
everything except for the character models just scream UE, just looking at the backgrounds I can see myself playing a stock asset UE game and it'd look exactly the same, minus the anime characters

As someone who actually WORKED at valve in 2013 as an intern for my university.
Let me tell you some juicy secrets about Valve that you can choose to believe because i'm not doxxing myself for fake internet points.

1. Everyone at Valve either likes or dislikes the source engine. Everyone who's been at Valve since 2000 loves it and can do insane shit with it. Everyone who was hired after 2010 despises it as being a crashy, buggy piece of garbage. One of my interning projects was making either a TF2 or Half-Life 2 map with it which was an excersise on working with a team to make a product. I worked with 2 other people and another intern to produce a TF2 map and learned a fuckton about map design. Basically the things I learned were, "Less is more" and "Props give life to the world, and can help expand it".

2. There's several features that Source 2 is already done, several cool as fuck mapping features. One of them is "Dynamic Generation" which takes a world size, and has a bunch of presets like "desert, woodlands, beach, ect." and proceeds to generate a displacement area based on what your parameters were set at. So if you want to make a map, you dont have to fuck around with displacements for an hour to make it look good. Just plug it in and let er rip. The generation can also do caves. There's also a new feature that's called "fast import" which allows for fast import of textures/models within the map itself. Basically download a JPG, hit "import texture" and boom your texture is in the tool itself.

3. Source 2 is ground up, they are NOT using any framework from Hammer to do it, while it uses the same names, it is it's own thing. Also theres a built in Model Creator, Animation Editor, Weapon Creator, and Sound Designer each as complex as the map editor is.

4. Source 2 has a projected ship date of 2025 and will have 3 flagship games separate from the VR titles

at least 827,664 times less soul than the PS1 spyros.
Everything from the textures to animations to the shaders looks as soulless as every other unreal engine game

dating seems like it would be a pain if true

Attached: unknown.png (726x1180, 115K)

Why would Valve devs be complaining about Source Engine? It's not like they're making any games.

Besides, I might know jackshit about game engines, but I know that half life 2 looked beautiful for its time and it ran really well on any PC. It was really good back then.

Its a fetish meme post user

BRB GOTTA FAP

see

>Program transfer status for NPC#763345527303503: Successful

only npcs defend source.

Lmao, doom 3 and far cry were unoptimized shit that required a much better computer to achieve the same graphic quality of Source. Doom 3 was "the" game back then to use for performance comparison charts of GPUs back then because it was such a fucking resource hog.

Maybe YOU didn't play doom 3.

Oh yeah, I also actually worked at Epic games
here's some juicy info about whats REALLY going inside

1. Tim has a sex dungeon where he molests underage boys and rewards them with "slurp juice" and v-bucks, any employee of the month may partake in these activities once per month

2. Unreal engine is actually just a butchered line of code ripped off of a open source game engine made by an Australian game designer by the name of Jeremy Meight

3. Epic Games is 100% owned by Tencent, despite the cover up info, wikipedia was paid 1.6 billion USD by Chinese government to hide the fact that the company is a mere puppet to undermine western civilization, handicap and remove video games from the face of the earth altogether

4. Unreal Engine 5 is in the works but it's not your traditional game engine, it doesn't allow you to import any assets of your own, you're required to purchase pre-made assets from the Epic store and the engine only allows creation of Visual Novels and Rhythm games

5. Epic is in progress of making a "console" of their own which only plays games on Epic Games store, if a game has lost its exclusivity to other platforms ( timed exclusives and such ) you'll not be able to play those games on this console, even if you own the game on EGS

>doesn't even have occlusion culling
>uses obsolete object oriented paradigm instead of based ECS
>doesn't have a scripting layer, all interpreted code has user privileges
>editor is basic as fuck

kek

Imagine thinking source is on the same level. Kys valve drones keep jerking off to the physics and facial animations.

source owns sorry bub

>Modern engines typically load the entire map or sectors of the map and force the video card to render a lot of stuff because of it. This usually doesn't matter all that much because most hardware is far above what's actually needed to run something effectively, so this method makes it easy on the programmers and designers to just make something and ship it (Coupled with various things to reduce visual detail if needed to preserve FPS, such as LoD). Getting your game out the door is a chief aim of most developers, logically because a game that hasn't shipped yet is making you no money.
Are you seriously implying that modern engines just have you render the entire level at once?

based

So what game engines are actually good then?

Attached: we just don't know.png (450x600, 134K)

how does dbfz look like gears another UE4 game?

based and titanpilled

>deus ex
>titanfall 2

It does, hope you aren't the user who's sucking tim's cock off hoping to fuck him.

how about being well-optimised enough so jamal on his walmart prebuilt meets the minimum specs of your game and feels compelled to buy it
i don’t know why but modern aaa games look the fucking same as they did 5+ years ago and somehow still manages to absolutely slaughter the hardware that, in comparison, has been advancing by leaps and bounds. look at battlefield 3, go watch the caspian border trailer and tell me how many modern games exceed the visual fidelity of that 2011 game, that can run a massive map with 64 players with vehicles at 160fps+ on modern hardware
what a fucking joke

Unreal engine isn't the best around (that's probably the decima engine.) and you can't make me use the epic store.

But It's a shitload better than source though that's just not even a fucking question lmao.

Attached: karnage laugh.jpg (337x335, 19K)

>Why would Valve devs be complaining about Source Engine? It's not like they're making any games.
According to some rumors one of the reasons left4dead 3 was cancelled was half of the team wanting to stay with source while the other half wanted to move on to UE4. Even gabe himself said numerous times that their "tools suck".

Does it really matter when valve doesn't even make games anymore outside of shitty cashgrab attempts every once in a while?

It matters because zoomers say source was impressive and ahead of its time.

Half Life VR comes out this year.

We'll see how far they're pushing Source 2.
From project leaks it looks like they have CSGO detail level meshes, but put an incredible amount of work into lighting.

>If half life 3 were to come out on source 2 it'd require extreme overhauls to be current gen visually.
Would it, necessarily? When I played Black Mesa, I though to myself: if HL3 came out right now with that sort of graphics I'm 100% okay with that.

youtube comment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> /vg/ >>>>>>> /reddit/ >>>>>>>>>>> Yea Forums >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> t*itter

>good programmer
>spaghetti code with no comments

>ideas are only valid if you are famous

Attached: charged7.png (645x729, 109K)

>can't prove why cs and half life are not casual garbage that ruined fps gaming.
>can't prove why source is not shit.
Valve drones are pathetic. I literally can't stop winning.

well hl3 could come out as anything and sell numbers.

black mesa looks nice for what it is no doubt but it's not very current gen.

I just like poking the autist that makes these threads

Based

>OP is a spic
>these retards browse Yea Forums
jesus fucking christ

I feel like despite many people on pc wanting to hit the maximum settings on their games, a half life game won’t need to look like the best thing ever. It would just have to look good. Although having it up to date and on par wit current gen would be nice

Unity is the most overused engine.
idTech is the most overrated.

Cringe

idk much about engines but unreal engine games typically look and run like shit,where as source games also look like shit but they run at 120fps no problem. source>ue

Again valve zoomies source was shit compared to id tech 3, ue3, ue2, id 4 and cryengine.

>listening to ""developers"" who hate on bsp

mfw niggas say source is better than unreal engine

i've been saying this for fucking years that Source fucking sucks

it's not only limitation for developing but also lots of technical issues. on older PC's if you alt-tabbed way too frequently, your entire system frooze and hard reset was the only option, took fuckton of time to load everything and basically was a cluster fuck compared to UE2/UE3

every fucking time ill pick unreal for modding instead of source, fuck this shit
everyone who shits on ue only cuz of tim sweeney luring kids for free v-bucks are faggots

Quake 3 has a better engine, valvecucks.

In what ways?
Don't link another post or post a pic of another post. I want your own words user. and just saying "it sucks" is not an answer, give me some actual reasoning.

Based.

b-based

bsp is absolutely based. Add some meshes for detail and modern lighting and you have a nice looking game without a 10 man team required to create a single level.

based

Sexy

fortnite save the world is lit tho cmon man

Attached: shutthefuckup.jpg (473x473, 16K)

Prove him wrong

he's right
but
vocaroo.com/i/s1L6EdL8Ffrc

I wonder when the Valve brainwashing is gonna worn off from this board

i mean, fuck tim bitchney for EGS with its shitty exclusivity, but im not gonna fucking backtrack because someone who did one thing right, done second thing shit

fuck source
unreal engine forever

based beyond all belief

I can say without fail your autism in these constant threads has made me 100% more positive about Valve than I have ever felt before

alice madness returns probably
neotokyo

>Tencent
>He thinks Tencent owns enough of Epic to do shit
My sides are in orbit

>UE
Lineage 2
>source
Vindictus

Deus Ex
Bloodlines

Attached: 1563929464071.png (2260x3576, 532K)

Source crashes as a fuck ton but it feels responsive and tight. when it works. Unreal feels like driving a family sedan through mud in comparison. Also input delay.

For me, it's the RE Engine.

Attached: RE Engine.jpg (1800x1925, 366K)

everything looks like it's made out of mud

>everything screams UE
Why are you fcking lying steam subhuman ? Sure everything looks like UE somehow because almost everyone uses it.
>soulless
>What is mass effect what is bioshock
UE is the "AAA game the soul" engine, switching from UE to frostbite literally killed mass effect.

I don't know why but every UE game I've ever played has felt really oddly shit to play, but every source engine game/mod feels exactly right. Mass post processing spamming with zero customization in most cases doesn't help.

Attached: 1461928750123.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

>youtube comment thread has 430 replies
just nuke this board already