Holy fuck where are all the mech games

I have a sudden and unexplainable itch for 1st person mech simulator pc games but I can only find like fuckimg 2 that arent poo or vr only. Where do people find them??

Attached: jake_parker_01.jpg (1178x889, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2hEDVoet028
myabandonware.com/game/mechwarrior-3-7pg
gog.com/game/missionforce_cyberstorm
youtube.com/watch?v=BR_UN2ty00k&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/dw76B1MKctU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think they are a few on Steam. Some are free to play

youtube.com/watch?v=2hEDVoet028

The VR version of ZoE is pretty good. You feel like you're going fast as fuck

there isn't any good ones. just replay mechwarrior 2 & 3

Where can you get mechwarrior 3?

Titanfall 2 is cool, That Crysis mod had a decent player count for awhile. Haven't played it in like a year though. Mechwarrior Online is stupid. Just wait for Mechwarrior 5.

there are no decent 1st person mech games. Hawken tried but failed horribly, the only thing that comes close is Armored core 2-Last Raven

After Xteel failed no one bothered again and when they did they made it VR but
VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over

>PiggyWarrior 5

Attached: ba3.jpg (450x450, 56K)

myabandonware.com/game/mechwarrior-3-7pg

after all the shit decisions they've been making i don't have much hope for mw5. they hide all their dev talk behind podcasts, there is 0 advertising and now its locked to that one dumb store. when no one buys it because they don't even know it exists they'll say no one is interested in mechs and cancel any related future projects.

Pilot. Focus, fight, win.

Attached: tf2.jpg (1061x1200, 178K)

>Xteel
Holy fuck I miss it so much

nobody likes mechs, from software drops armored core for darksouls, mechwarrior living legenda has maybe a 20 people peak, metal gearsolid has mechs only in the background, last "mech" movie was pacific rim 2, gundams are dead, titanfal was ignored. lets face it mechbros, nobody likes big metal deathmachines.

MW: Living Legends is pretty good as well.

brigad-
>1st person
oh

Is shinkawa the best mech designer

Look into Mass Builder kickstarter, it's coming out eventually, but is more of an action game with tons of customization

trips indicate god tier music

I find MWO fun every now and then.

Isn't the new Mechwarrior coming out next month?

November/December

>there are no decent 1st person mech games.
Yes there are. It's just that they were all made at least 15 years ago.

yes on epic store exclusive

Check your local abandonware website.
There's a MechWarrior quadrology that you can find on the internet to get all MW titles from 1-4.

Attached: 7a43b279158861.5cba59b904846.jpg (1200x1805, 884K)

Just get mechwarrior 3, acquire six ppcs, and bind them to the same weapon group and fire them at that timberwolf over there.

You'll love it!

>Where do people find them??
In the past. Nobody has really made any of them recently.

Try the Earthsiege series, the Mechwarrior series, and Shattered Steel.

>SHUTDOWN IMMINENT
>SHUTDOWN OVERRIDDEN
>*Proceeds to explode*

in 3 it'll leave a nice crater in the ground if you explode yourself. 4 was such a downgrade on all levels

Dammit, I came hoping someone knew about a hidden modern gem but this doesn't seems to be the case. Living Legend will have to do I suppose.

Stackpoling is not a canon thing, its rule of cool.

Sorry friend. Mech sims are dead.

Too bad its made by the same incompetent fuckwads that made Mechwarrior Online. Also MW5 will only have co-op multiplayer and no proper PVP modes. They still want to force people to play and pay for Mechwarrior Online for their PVP fix.

They also pissed off EVERYONE because they've had epic store exclusivity planned for months, and only told people a week ago after they had been selling steam/other gaming website pre-orders all this time. Thousands of people cancelled their pre-orders for MW5 in a couple days.

They pushed it back. Also, they announced it would be an epic exclusive AFTER taking a bunch of preorders advertising Steam.

It's not 1st person but I found Brigador pretty good.

>They also pissed off EVERYONE because they've had epic store exclusivity planned for months, and only told people a week ago after they had been selling steam/other gaming website pre-orders all this time.
How the fuck is that not illegal?

They gave refunds and you got to keep the bonus stuff, stop crying.

You left out the part where they only announced it when they did because their web guys fucked up and updated the faq on their website earlier than planned. They WERE going to wait until just before release to announce it.

t. Russ

t. autist

Just pirate it when it comes out

If you wanted more mech games why didn't you buy Titanfall 2?

Phantom Brigade looks pretty cool if you're into strategy, too bad it's also Epic exclusive for the first year

>This will probably never be released outside of Japan
Fuck you and your trips for making me aware of this

MW4 Mercenaries was pretty much perfect

>a fanmade mod for an 11 year old game is my yardstick for how popular a subgenre is
alrighty tighty
Mechwarrior 4 with the somewhat obscure NetBattletech mod was pretty fucking cool. The engine sucked though and was very limiting. 3 had a better engine somehow.

i dont hate 4 but its things like you blow up the enemies legs and they're still walking around. everything just felt worse than 3. maps feel smaller too

Good night sweet prince you were too good for this world

Attached: Hawken.jpg (1920x1200, 481K)

It hurts... I could play it on ps4 if I really wanted but its just not the same

I don't even have a PS4, all I have left is blurry memories and my berserker skull steam avatar

Attached: 1556276030407.jpg (1080x720, 267K)

Why can't they keep a PC version going?

A turn-based mech game was just released on GOG

gog.com/game/missionforce_cyberstorm

Attached: 19812821.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>MW:LL
>70% of the mechs are fucking useless because the variants mix 350m weapons with 900m weapons, and pile on useless shit like 2x medium laser and 1x small laser instead of another LRM-5 or LRM-10 on an LRM focused mech
>MW4
>servers turn off heat and therefore being anything but a 6x PPC poptart is suicide

is it so hard to have a little customization without tryhard faggots ruining everything

When is the re-release is coming out on steam? or it's just TBA

>turn-based
No wonder no one cares

Thats pretty cringe friend. Cyberstorm is great.

i got quite a few hours out of battletech with mods. i'd love to see a mw game with the customization of battletech+roguetech mod

I'm not even sure if it's worth pirating with its introtech and Piggy's inability to deliver any kind of immersion and worldbuilding. I had some hopes for it as a coop game, but coop is going to be dogshit with lack of shared progression and mechlab being available only to host.

maybe someday

Attached: never ever.gif (400x225, 2.9M)

>muh peenus weenus

In japan with no english translation because it's niche everywhere else.

youtube.com/watch?v=BR_UN2ty00k&feature=youtu.be

God I want to fuck that mech.

Dont

Vox Machinae

What's with the music? a deaf tone of distorted shit

>where are all the mech games

Being buried once and for all by mentally ill transgender trash.

Attached: Trannytech.jpg (1807x836, 251K)

I think the weapon engine of 4 was less fun than the impacts of three. But I feel that 4's missiles were more fun to fire.

I hate that Online has my favorite pulse laser though

>Servers turn off heat

Fucking why?! That's just asking for ppcfags and laserboats to slam their dick into everything

Just play megamek and mekhq with atb rules.
/tg/ has a general and guide to get you up to speed

now i want a first person brigador

Attached: image0-1.jpg (510x525, 50K)

What gaem?

TSF forefront, which was cancelled
Apparently a new Muv-Luv fangame is possibly in the works, though.
youtu.be/dw76B1MKctU

Attached: 1533673813725.jpg (520x615, 109K)

% of the mechs are fucking useless because the variants mix 350m weapons with 900m weapons, and pile on useless shit like 2x medium laser and 1x small laser instead of another LRM-5 or LRM-10 on an LRM focused mech

MW:LL had weird shitty loadouts on alot of mechs because those were stock mechs from the lore and in battletech rulebooks. They work out okay in tabletop Battletech matches, but are shit to use in Mechwarrior.

FYI the LL team had a mechlab planned so you could customize all your mechs, but they had to halt everything because of PGI and Mechwarrior Online. PGI told them that they can put out updates containing any stuff they already had finished or in the final stages, but any new stuff they had planned had to stop. They agreed to it so they wouldnt get sued. I think some other fans have taken up the reigns and began updating LL again.

Amazingly enough, PGI came to an agreement with the LL team(I dont know if its the original guys, or the new guys) to allow them to use the customized Unreal engine and framework they are using for MW5. So MW5 will be garbage, but we might get a kickass Living Legends II out of it.

Attached: Mechassault 2 Vulture.jpg (640x480, 60K)

>Amazingly enough, PGI came to an agreement with the LL team(I dont know if its the original guys, or the new guys) to allow them to use the customized Unreal engine and framework they are using for MW5
MWO confirmed to be shut down once MW5 is out, then.