How much space do I need in a SSD for my PC to run faster?

I have a mid range gaming PC and sometimes it moves kinda slow when I'm playing, I have a 1TB SATA HDD and I've heard that using a SSD makes your PC run faster than if I add more RAM and is also cheaper but I would only use it for the OS and the couple of programs I have installed cause all my games and shit are in the disk D: so a 120 GB SSD should be enough, shouldn't it?

Attached: 61U7T1koQqL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 87K)

i reccommend one hundred ram, five graphics, one acre of storage and put all your games into the barn

delete system32 folder in your windows directory

Attached: emi takei.jpg (739x620, 43K)

stop wasting your parents money kid

should be enough. but keep in mind that the games won't load any faster unless they're on the SSD.

I just want them to move faster once they are loaded

Get as many drives as you have sata ports and configure them in raid 0.

not op but wtf is raid 0

you need to buy an ssd and put windows there, not in the HDD. Thats it. You dumb.

Well how many programs do you want to put on your SSD? The more you want to run off it the larger your SSD will likely need to be.

Russian Roulette but you forget to take a bullet out of the chamber.

that's what I said dumb fuck, learn how to read

just a couple of basic shits like Office, Adobe reader, Virtual Clone Drive, uTorrent and 2 or 3 other things

Russian Rouellete is usually one bullet in the gun, not 5.

Its what you do when you want your computer to go fast.

Retard explanation is you combine 2 equal disks into a faster single drive, but your usable storage is only equal to the size of one disk

So two 1TB drives in raid0 leaves you with a faster 1TB to work with

that's kinda like turning the disk space into RAM?

move faster??
the ssd will only improve load times

>those programs
this is bait right?

There's not going to be any difference unless the games are also installed on the SSD, and even then, it will only improve load times, not framerate.

>Retard explanation
You sure got that right. What you've described is RAID 1, RAID 0 gives you the combined capacity of all disks in the array at the cost of zero redundancy so if one disk fails everything's fucked beyond recovery.

so it wouldn't help witth the slowness while playing at all?

no, I use my PC for more than just playing

so the only way to make the games run faster is buying more RAM?

If I were you, would rather install Gentoo

you are the retard, raid 0 means combining two physical disks into one logical one so two 1tb disks in raid 0 equals 2tb of storage, the advantage being the data gets striped hence both reading heads are working hence faster access times

yup I went full retard

no hard feelings, it happens to us all user

RAID 1 would also give faster read times since there's more disks to read from but write speeds will be at best equivalent to a single disk.

What I mean is that you are using probably the worst software alternative possible for all those.
Microsoft Office instead of LibreOffice, Adobe Reader instead of SumatraPDF, uTorrent instead of qBittorrent, Virtual Clone drive instead of WinCDEmu.

How old are you?

>slowness
All that an SSD will do is helping with loading times, which you may also see a benefit if you're playing open world games because it could potentially help with pulling assets off the SSD so it can load the models quicker. What you're probably referring to is framerate, in which case a better graphics card is all that you'd need to remedy this.
Go home you underaged faggot.

>120 GB SSD

SSD's are fucking dirt cheap nowadays, don't me a stingy faggot. Buy a 1TB one and replace your boot drive with it. Clean install or even just clone your current drive if you want to be a lazy fucker but make sure you plug it into the right SATA ports on your MOBO.

If you just use an SSD for your OS you'll have lots of noticeable benefits but not when playing games unless theyre installed on the fucking drive you knobhead.

That depends on what is causing the slowness, maybe you have enough RAM, but the CPU or the Graphics card are not strong enough.
Also, ask this stuff on the stupid questions thread on /g/ instead of here.

>so it wouldn't help witth the slowness while playing at all?
Games will load faster when you install and play them on the ssd

I got a free Office 365 licence from my workplace, I've never used other pdf reader on windows and I've been using uTorrent and VCD for years so I haven't tried any other alternatives

ok big boy, you can go and keep sucking dick now

they aren't that cheap outside of Murica you burger, they are actually quite expensive

Office is fine if you have it for free and Adobe Reader just works. But you really should be using qBittorrent and WinCDEmu because they're just plain better in every way.

>Adobe Reader just works
>open big PDF file with a lot of images
>computer fucking freezes

>they aren't that cheap outside of Murica you burger, they are actually quite expensive

This is absolutely not true unless you live in India and shovel poo streets for a living. In no modern country in the world is a 1TB SSD over $200. In most places it's around $150 or less.

Even in the fucking dedicated shitting streets of India a 1TB SSD is around ₹10000 Indian rupees which is equal to $188USD, 126 Euros, 2,753.12 Mexican Pesos, 15,027.00 Japanese Yen.

They are cheap everywhere, you're just a poor faggot using your moms credit card.