Switch 2020

What are you expecting/hoping for next year?

>Pikmin 3 port (almost certain, if not a Dec 2019 release)
>Metroid 5 (very likely)
>The Wonderful 101 port (very likely)
>New Mario and Luigi game (possible)
>Bayonetta 3 (almost certain)
>Pokemon Let's Go Johto (possible)
>No More Heroes 3 (very likely)
>Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (very likely)

Attached: switch.jpg (770x433, 19K)

Fuck off shill

Does anyone know: is the new "revised" switch for sale in europe yet? Or are those only in USA?

September in Europe apparently

all I'm hoping for at this point is nintendo to make a good game. mario odyssey and botw showed me they don't care for my kind anymore, even though I stuck with them all the way through the wiiu era. if they made a mario galaxy 3, or an actual real zelda game instead of a supremely shitty open world zelda or the turbo enshittified remakes they've been going for, I might actually buy something they make. the utter disdain they've shown their diehard fans is the only proof I need that their demise is coming very soon, and apparently is all they've ever desired.

>my kind

check out this snowflake

Aw fuck. I got a trip to go on in september, hope i can grab one before then.

Metroid Prime Trilogy
W101 port
Bayo 3
Whatever the fuck Retro has been working on
King of Cards
Whatever the fuck Monolith Soft has been working on.
Synaptic Drive (new game from Custom Robo dev)
Lots of good stuff coming in 2020
Hell, I might even pick up New Horizons as my first full Animal Crossing game.

>an actual real zelda game instead of a supremely shitty open world zelda
If your definition of 'real zelda' is Skyward sword-tier dungeons then I'm gonna pass

Nothing just like this year.

more RPGs.

are you honestly defending the puzzles in breath of the wild? because it didn't have dungeons. all it had was puzzles, and they were neither hard nor interesting. I'm not saying skyward sword was what I wanted out of zelda, but breath of the wild couldn't have been a bigger step back from everything the series stood for.

>Pokemon Let's Go Johto
That's so stupid I can see it actually happening

BoTW is the closet a 3D Zelda has been to the true formula.

Sorry your first Zelda game was probably Wind Waker.

mario maker 2 and fire emblem three houses just came out user

Pikmin 3, some news on Prime 4, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, and that fucking "secret project" Retro's been working on since 2013. Seriously, what could they have been making all this time? Shit keeps me up at night.

You do know Retro is working on Prime 4 right?

>Animal Crossing
Don't care lmao.
>Inevitable Kirby Shovelware
Don't care lmao.
>No More Heroes 3
Don't care lmao.
>Bayonetta 3 probably at the end of the year
I'll probably stick with Astral Chain.
>Zelda Switch
Yeah, I think late next year is possible. They are using the same engine and probably some assets; so, the big Zelda EPD + help from Monolithsoft is tons of man-hours given the three and a half year dev period that would be (short for Zelda but longer than most other games).
>Maybe the Japanese releases of SMT5 and Rune Factory 5
Could be good. Will wait for reviews on both.
>Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster probably
As long as it's reasonably priced. I never finished Echoes.
>Fatal Frame?
>Mario Sports?
I think the big announcement next direct will be the next game from the Mario Kart/ARMS EPD. I don't think another new IP is plausible right after Arms; so, it will probably just be Mario Kart 9 or Arms 2. Personally I want F-Zero or Arms 2 but Mario Kart wouldn't be disappointing.
They'll be some sort of non sports/party Mario game.
We'll probably get announcements for another Fire Emblem remake, and whatever Monolithsoft is working on, sometime next year.
Monolith should move on from Xenoblade.

Any proofs on the Pikmin 3 part? I've been meaning to play it again but I can't be assed to dig out my Wii U.

It was always about freedom retard.

>fire emblem
Faceless niche no name franchise only relevant because of smash
>Mario Maker 2
Same game as first with a few new tidbits but otherwise the same reused assets and boring ass story mode with NO FRIENDS with online still.

So nothing really worth 60 dollars of quality. Mario Odyssey is still the only game on the switch but it still sucks.

BotW had a stronger sense of exploration than any of the 3D zelda games, period
The puzzles in BotW were pretty solid, so yes, I'm defending them. But I'd also say that it could have used more interesting maneuvering and combat scenarios that Dungeons typically bring.
I'm mostly arguing that the series has always lived and died on the strength of its exploration more than anything else, and that's a big reason people have had issues with the 3D ones: they moved away from the exploration aspect since you're basically guided directly to the dungeon with little need or incentive to really go off the beaten path.

King Zell was like 90% spot on with one of the Directs earlier this year regarding first party games being announced, with the only one missing being a Pikmin 3 port. It's definitely coming

BOTW is a WII U game. Switch deserves no credit for BOTW when it runs better on the WII U.

>Mario Kart/ARMS EPD
Good point. Havent heard anything from them in a while, so I'd be interested in whatever they're cooking up

>fire emblem
>4 million+ seller with 3H looking to sell even more

>"niche"

what a retard lol

This BOTW for the Switch is just a port like Twilight Princess for the Wii.

you sound retarded

>BOTW is a WII U game. Switch deserves no credit for BOTW when it runs better on the WII U.
okay? we weren't talking about what platform it's on, we were talking about whether it was more true to the core of the Zelda series' appeal than other 3D zelda games

>true formula
excuse me? the true formula for a good 17 games in the zelda series, was based on a link to the past on the super nintendo, my first zelda game. zelda 1 was an experiment, but in spite of what egoraptor would have you believe, nintendo's favorite zelda was not the first, but the third game in the series. breath of the wild's developers were told to forget everything they knew about the zelda series, and it shows. bland, empty spaces with nothing to explore, repetetive encounters with meaningless npcs, and, most egregious of all, not a single cave to be found. Zelda 1 was designed as an homage to the fun of spelunking. Breath of the Wild claimed to be "just like the first Zelda game" to appeal to all the idiots out there who think first is best. But you can't spelunk without a motherfucking cave, and there's nothing unexpected or interesting in even the deepest or darkest corners of BOTWs worthless world.

Lastly, I actually hate wind waker, because just like breath of the wild, it involves countless wasted hours of moving forwards through a featureless space in hopes of finding something resembling content.
Content which simply doesn't exist.

Weak argument when the switch is comprised of remakes, ports, and reused assets. Bragging about 4mil just shows how weak the library is and also Nintendo fanboys in this day in age develop autism and aspergers for being so obsessed with the company. FE 3H is one of the worst games to even shill because its such a no name title. Just like Astral Chain and Xenoblade.No1 cares about that shit and it will fade into obscurity of no1 actually giving a fuck besides the people who aren't fans of Nintendo but actual obsessed ill close minded freaks over them thinking they do no wrong. Fact is Switch is the worst Nintendo has ever done and also the worst online on any console ever. Keep being anti social.

>zelda is about exploration
why do people say this?

LMAO so TRUE

Attached: 2345.png (909x788, 488K)

>hating a game because it's not popular
bait
Also, Fire Emblem is a b-tier Nintendo series in popularity. It wouldn't take long to list every larger series and half of them would be shovelware like Fifa or Grand Theft Auto.
>WAAAHH real Zelda games are movie games like Ocarina of Time WAAHHH
You are not wrong that Shrines and Divine Beasts suck; but, Breath of the Wild easily curbstomps all the other 3D Zeldas.
No one plays online games on console retard.

xenoblade x port
new fatal frame game

>Whatever the fuck Retro has been working on
Metroid Prime 4 is all you're getting. It should be super obvious by this point that whatever Retro was working on in between DKC and Metroid has been scrapped.

Keep giving Nintendo free passes pal. Anything you say that defends Nintendo has no ground to stand on because you have shown where your bias lies. Enjoy that asperger syndrome Nintendo gave you as well.

SO glad we are getting a new 2D Metroid before the Prime shit

Everyone enjoys playing games online you retard. You suck Nintendo's dick so much so that is your excuse???? LMAO GTFO.

>on console

>No one plays online games on console
Sorry, but you are flat out wrong. People complained about not being able to join friends on MM2 for a reason you stupid inbred.

All I want is a new Wario Land.

Attached: 1556574427965.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Honestly, I never thought Zelda was about exploration. I only ever saw it as an action-adventure game. I must've missed something big, because after BOTW was announced everyone suddenly realized there was no life for the Zelda franchise without exploration being a key focus, which was news to me. And hey, they're probably right. All I did was spend every christmas and birthday of my entire childhood on Zelda games. All I did was buy every game in the series and play them all religiously. Of course there's no way somebody like me knows what the series is actually about. Especially when most of the people who love BOTW were the same people who shit on every game in the series besides OoT for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

Because even in a Link to the Past, exploration was a big element of why people liked the gameplay in Zelda games.
Even in Ocarina of time and Majora's mask, exploring an area was a big part of the loop. Majora's Mask especially, since it had you exploring a single town and its surroundings not just in space but also in time.
The issues started to come up in Twilight Princess and really reared their head in Skyward Sword where they began to eschew any kind of exploration and rendered all problem-solving down to explicit key-and-lock patterns.
The issue is that while Majora's Mask and OoT and LttP have less exploration than a true open-world sandbox game, they still ask the player to try to find the right way without making it extremely explicit. It's on the player as the agent of the story to uncover the details needed to direct them to where they need to go.
I'd almost say something like Outer Wilds has a similar element of exploration.
BotW is, by most accounts, a return to form for the series. Not without its stumbles but it certain recreates the core of the series for future games to build off of (which makes me optimistic for BOTW2 which seems to have the intent of reusing BOTW's core assets and map for a new journey and new set of goals)

Ice Climbers Uprising.

Hey user! I believe you fall under this post right here
See where it says " I prefer solo play experiences anyways" Thats you.

Get rekt Nintendo fanboy. You aren't a fan of gaming or a fan of Nintendo! You are a fucking freak over them.

>What are you expecting/hoping for next year?
retro's new game or monolith soft's medieval ip

Attached: 22fa4edd167c7e658b4c2883ef7514ea.jpg (1920x900, 678K)

explain to me how breath of the wild integrates exploration into fun zelda gameplay.

I don't expect any games honestly. The switch has only like one game which is Mario odyssey and they dropped support for that real quick with no true DLC. LM3 might be the only other game coming to the switch the rest is just forgettable trash.

Motherfucking SMT V

Well it was grumbled about by people who really disliked Skyward Sword and had misgivings about Twilight Princess. There's no doubt that the Egoraptor video memed a lot of people into thinking that the past games were shit (particularly OoT which isn't really fair).
But it's hard to deny that there's a definite shift in focus of what the player has to do hour-to-hour. Yeah, the explicit actions you engage in are those of any action-adventure game (by most accounts, the actual movement and combat options you have are pretty standard across that genre) but a lot of where the actual appeal of playing Zelda over a dedicated action game is in the exploration wherein the player has to gain some basic knowledge about a new world and piece together what they have to do and where they're supposed to go.
The series made the player's objectives more and more explicit as the series went on to the point. Skyward Sword aside, the 3D zelda games certainly weren't bad games but they weren't really that similar to 2D zelda games beyond the designs. The actual loop became more about just going directly to the dungeons and completing them rather than attempting to piece together what needed to be done (both in finding the dungeons as well as within the dungeons themselves)

ESL, they've been working on a project for years and have only started working on Prime 4 recently.

I guess that's fair. Honestly I'm just still pissed that BotW had basically no dungeons and honestly had nothing in it that I actually liked about Zelda. If everyone else is happy about it than at least that's a good thing. Even so, there's no way I'm buying any Zelda games in the future, where dungeons and puzzles is what they want to distance themselves from.

The environment becomes a much more integral part of combat, meaning that succeeding in combat can often be a matter of how well you position yourself around environmental pitfalls or points of interest.
A really basic example is using hot air to propel yourself upwards to gain a vantage point from which to do aerial attacks on monsters, which requires not just knowing where fire has been set around you but also what areas around you can be set on fire, if possible, to create your own advantage.
Or even just approaching an enemy encampment from a more favorable angle by taking a less direct route that you can spot.
Beyond the actual element of the physical landscape, there's also the physics system which rewards a knowledge of the physical surroundings of an area with the ability to abuse things like the sheikah slate powers to get over physical obstacles or solve puzzles (and I'm not talking about the shrines but more informal traversal puzzles)

you stfu you should buy zelda because its good and its the best series of all time you fucking loser.

Desu, i just want them release wind waker and twilight princess hd on the switch. I've only ever beaten ocarina, Majora, and Wild. And I'm not bothering with skyward, its shit.

Virtual console and fixed online.

I really want Rare Replay. I like having portable collection games, it’s why I bought the Genesis collection on Switch and not PS4.

>true formula
what

Rare reply won't be able to run on the Switch that is wishful thinking.

>what are you expecting
animal crossing and kirby.
But all i want is anew punch out game.

Attached: oi mac.png (422x322, 180K)

Switch pro for the love of god
Xc2 and fe would be better recieved if they didnt run like ass
And fix this ass online

I am too, but I'm happy enough for them to wipe the slate clean and go back to basics for one entry if it means they have a more solid foundation to jump off of for future games.
OoT was good but I feel like subsequent games kind of took the wrong lessons from its success and popularity and went too far in one direction.
Given that Dungeons are pretty popular with most Zelda fans, even BOTW ones, I think it's very possible that Aounuma and his team are looking at how to integrate dungeons into the BOTW framework.
I have a feeling that, althought BOTW was lacking in many ways, it was best for the long-term

shut the fuck up sperg, he brings up good points

>Pokemon Let's Go Johto

See, it's funny because it would look so shit compared to the HG/SS remakes, yet people will still eat it up.

>thinking the let's go series is bad

boy i would hate to be you let's go is one of the greatest pokemon games to date retard.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions uncensored port.

>Bragging about 4mil just shows how weak the library is

What? The games sell well. What are we basing success off of if not that?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I'm way less hopeful than you. I'm fully expecting Breath of the Wild 2 to have even less content than the first. You said Ocarina led to them taking the series too far in one direction, well that's exactly how I feel about BotW. They're going to ignore what Zelda's been about for 25 years and instead make everything about freedom and exploration, without any consequences or adventure to speak of. I guarantee ganon will be fightable first thing in the game, just like BotW.

@473428605
Such shit b8 is not even worthy of a (You), at least I hope it's b8, imagine unironically having such a shit opinion.

Attached: stay in school.jpg (522x583, 59K)

I've given up. Gone is my enthusiasm over this platform. Been buying two Shitch games a year since 2017 ended

fucking faggot he should buy BOTW 2 without questioning it because its going to be one of the greatest games of all time with so much effort and time. Fucking moron.

this, atlus needs to stop being a bitch

>SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL

Attached: 1563503623167.png (454x520, 13K)

pretty sure atlus wasn't the bitch who censored it

>cuz it doesn't agree with ur flawed opinion its bait

ok retard enjoy ur shit sword and shield games. Let's go is superior in every way shape and form.

Just animal crossing and pokemon..

@473429087
>if you don't like this pile of shit that means you like this other pile of shit
Fuck off retard, both are garbage.

this stuff you've mentioned is all nice, but I don't understand what it has to do with a zelda game. even jumping is something zelda almost never had. why do three dimensional combat solutions need to exist in a zelda game?

if they wanted this kind of stuff in a game, why did they put it in zelda and not a new IP, or even a mario game? it doesn't seem to fit in the zelda gameplay style at all, at least from where I'm sitting.

>tfw newfags don't even know how to sage

I just want 3D World ported

i'm not talking about the censoring, i just want them to port it already. it'd be a shame if that game was lost in shitty failure of a console

I really want Persona 5 but I hate bringing it up here because every time I do people blast my ass over it.

I wouldn’t be so sure Metroid 5 and BotW2 will be out next year. Metroid is now worth an E3 reveal, Metroid 5 or Prime 4, both hold E3 relevance. Strong maybe on BotW2 however, Dec 2020 release is a strong guess, but a Spring 2021 release is probably more likely.

Saging has nothing to do with those posts and is irrelevant in this context.

fucking moron im shiny hunting right now on the game. It is the best pokemon game in existence right now. So fuck off with ur wrong opinion.

Attached: 3242343.jpg (1008x756, 317K)

Really must suck having your first Zelda game obviously be post N64. BotW is a shell of a game in a lot of ways, we can agree there, but the sequel will no doubt be A-S-tier Zelda.

it's a sign of disrespect

I really dislike heavy dungeon/puzzle focus of the 3D zeldas, and while everyone jerks off OoT, I played it despite the lame brain dead puzzles in dungeons that drag on for too long.
Botw felt more lie 2d Zeldas to me, and while a lot of shrines were too short or simplistic, there were some very good ones, and there’s lots of neat places to find and explore, though Hyrule Field is admittedly a bit too simplistic and uninteresting, and basically just a buffer zone for the castle.
Beasts were also good.
With the lion’s share of work done, I’m hoping they can focus on variety in 2, as well as a more involved story, which is happening if the trailer is anything to go by. I liked botw’s isolated story, but another one would be too monotonous.

I have hopes that SMTV will have a 2020 release date. TGS is coming up relatively soon.

Attached: 1564496502332.jpg (514x450, 227K)

I'm not trying to argue with you, but when you say it's like the 2D Zeldas, which games in particular do you mean?

Sell me on let’s go, I played the demo, but just throwing poke balls on wild pokemon every 5 seconds turned me off. That being said, I fucking hate battling wild pokemon in other games, too

Switch Pro launching alongside BOTW2

BOTW is the closest thing to OG Zelda and Zelda 2 from LTTP onwards, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's issues, needs far better combat, enemies/variety, actual dungeons. The Beasts and Shrines were a massive let down in terms of atmosphere and it got tedious that that you just saw the same handful of enemies over and over again and the only difficulty improvement is they hit harder and become damage sponges. Quests and Story were also pretty shitty, felt like so many NPCs with potential also didn't have their stories fleshed out like the Truffle Sisters or the chick looking for Kilton.

BotW was a much needed shakeup to the series especially after the lunar dullfest that was Skyward Sword, but it went way too far in the opposite direction. Oh also bring back items like the hookshot FFS.

Hopefully games that aren't just indie pixel art shit, weebrpgs/weebmobile gamee and Nintendo franchises

>Monolith should move on from Xenoblade.
they are making a new IP and zelda alongside a new xenoblade, no reason to drop their main series

1,2, awakening, I guess.
I didn’t play all the games, so saying “2d zeldas” is probably a stretch.
I’m not saying the 3D zeldas are bad, but I always thought they went overboard with the dungeon sizes and a simple puzzle every time you walk through a door.
Botw’s pacing with the shrines is much better imo, though the presentation is lacking with all shrines being elevators to a basement.

Both has its share of issues, I’d like the items/equipment to have a bit more oomph, and slightly larger towns with more stuff to find, but if the next game fixes that and just makes dungeons more like the beasts/castle and integrate them into the world a bit more, it will be amazing.

I just don’t understand people calling it “not a real Zelda” when the series differs a lot between entries.

This. Xenoblade is only just getting started, especially with how big MonolithSoft have gotten the past year.

They don't, I brought them up as an example of how environmental knowledge (acquired through some exploration and observation) become helpful tools in the standard action-adventure gameplay loop (combat and maneuvering) and is arguably the core of what people like about the Zelda series. Not the individual mechanics but the marriage of exploration to puzzle-solving and combat

And it seems like it's been getting more and more popular as time goes on. Particularly with 2, obviously.
I'd love to see the reception to the next Monolith Soft project from general audiences, tons of people get fucking hyped when they saw the city-scape in Astral Chain and thought it was a Monolith Soft project

I don't consider BotW a real Zelda. Even in the 2D games there was still progression. They throw you out into the world and you can go wherever, but you can't literally go wherever. You need stronger swords and armor, you needs hookshots and bombs, etc. In BotW, you get all your items up front, and the final boss is a short walk away at all times. It completely kills the pacing, and the sense of adventure for me. It feels more like a minecraft clone than an actual adventure game.

So you need a game to physically stop you from going to the boss for it to be a Zelda game?
TES games more of a Zelda game to you than botw?

>hopefully we don't get nintendo games on this nintendo console

Pretty much. Zelda games are about going all over the world and fighting all kinds of crazy crap, finding all kinds of crazy treasures and meeting all kinds of crazy people. A game that glorifies skipping the whole world, just isn't a Zelda game to me.

user, I'm really sorry, but you're retarded.
I have more hours exploring, fighting and meeting characters in botw than any other Zelda.
At no point does the game incentivize you to skip anything, let alone "glorifies it".
I need you to reign in your autism before you speak to me again.

I'm 26, a virgin, and a Ninteno Switch owner.

Tell me that I'm lying.

Pretty sure "you can run straight to the final boss!" was part of the advertising for this game, to some degree. I'm glad you think longer playtime makes a game more Zelda-like though. Maybe skyrim really is a zelda game.

Some of these are hard to get a good grasp on release date, but in order of most anticipated

>Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (likely)
>SMT V (Depends on if shown at TGS)
>Metroid Prime 4 (unlikely)
>Bayonetta 3 (likely)
>No More Heroes 3 (likely; hope also ties to release of ports for 1 and 2)
>Animal Crossing: New Horizons (likely)

Dreams
>Metroid 5
>Viewtiful Joe 3
>New Rhythm Heaven
>Golden Sun remake/remaster
>New Monster Hunter
>Mega-Man Legends 3
>New F-Zero

>my kind
Nintendo makes games for children, not bitter 20-something basement-dwellers. Of course they don't care for "your kind." They never have and never will.

Attached: incel.png (846x1024, 1.76M)

you're the only person telling me the truth in this thread

>Maybe skyrim really is a zelda game.
It must be, it stops you from entering areas based on your own wishes and skills to deal with the challenges just like a REAL Zelda

I mean, that's true for literally every Zelda game except Breath of the Wild.

>these games about doing things
>you spend more time doing things in this game than in other games
>heh, I'm glad you think time spent experiencing things matters
Just take the L, copetron

>Direct sequel to Mario Odyssey (possible)
>Mostly the rest of the good WiiU games getting ported: W101, Pikmin 3, Fatal Frame 5, etc.
>Anything Metroid related (most likely an HD port of Prime Trilogy)
>A new Mario Sport Spinoff game, possibly Golf
>Either Mario Kart 9, or a massive DLC pack for 8 Deluxe
>Speaking of DLC, obviously the rest of the 5 Smash Bros DLC fighters. Possibly a surprise temporarily free bonus DLC character, like what they did with Piranha Plant. And I don't think there will be more DLC afterwards.
>New Kirby game
>Some more decent 3rd party support
>Mario + Rabbids 2
>Wishful thinking, but at least one of the abandoned first party IP will make a comeback.

>A new Mario Sport Spinoff game, possibly Golf
Why can’t we get rugby or new strikers or something?
Or polo? That could be cool.

Windwaker and twilight princess HD ports

It's unironically a soulless remake with lazy animations and stupidly easy gameplay (for a game already pretty easy.) If you want the best Kanto experience just emulate Fire red/Leaf Green which can even be done easily on mobiles nowadays. Don't give gamefreak money for being lazy.

You're right that I'm a dumbass, and I'm going to bed. However the game still sucks.

Yeah, sleep tight, bro.
See you in the next thread tomorrow.