Well is he right Yea Forums? Is GoldenEye in your top 10 games?

Well is he right Yea Forums? Is GoldenEye in your top 10 games?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-08 ohjPN6K jpg (JPEG Image, 1080 × 1080 pixels) - Scaled (71%).png (960x818, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/9343wk.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=M9sOE376tzk
boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/third-person transitions like the morph ball transformation are too long and constantly interrupt the flow of gameplay/
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, not even in my top 100.
FPS should not be played with a controller.

>Implying Nightfire wasn't the better 007 game

This. FPS is a hard sell for "greatest anything" frankly.

What about the greatest FPS?

Try replaying it
It's SHIT

I mean it was mindblowing, awesome and a favorite to play with friends but it aged like absolute dogshit

Daily reminder that the one time Pierce Brosnan played Goldeneye, he went up against Jimmy Fallon who fucking picked Oddjob.

Attached: 1565271351878.jpg (738x870, 50K)

Perfect Dark is way better and even that isn't one of the greatest games ever made.

No ocarina if time is.

GoldenEye aged horrendously. The top FPS would probably be a toss-up between Team Fortress 2, Quake Arena, FEAR, DOOM or System Shock 2.

Attached: 1535509977626.jpg (800x800, 200K)

> console shooter

HAHA, no.

fpbp

At the time it came out I'd say there could be an argument that it was top 5. But no, it aged terribly and and is definitely not the greatest game ever.

system shock 2 isnt an fps

Shout outs to TimeSplitters too, but that uses a controller too so it's really hard to praise despite its charm.

no because i'm not a boomer

0.07 frames per second

goldeneye and quake2 were released few months apart. what makes goldeneye better?

> PC Fags seething this badly that none of their outdated literal who games are considered good by normalfags & journalists
That's how you know GoldenEye is a masterpiece

>falling for the games age meme
it was never good compared to PC shooters

>first-person game with guns isnt an FPS

Yes, Deus Ex is an FPS as well.

FPBP. It wasn't even impressive for the time it came out if you had a PC and had played Quake

Attached: guldeneye.jpg (960x818, 165K)

I had a PlayStation at the time so I'm just now getting to some of the N64 games for the first time. I played through Perfect Dark and liked it quite a bit, although I played the 360 port. So far I've played through the first few levels of GoldenEye and it's very good, but I think I like Perfect Dark more.

Being on a Platform that people actually use, as opposed to PC's that were universally shit on & looked down upon as things only fat Neckbeards did. Normalfags didn't accept PC gaming until The Sims came out

I really hope you aren't proud of being a retarded little zoom zoom

Attached: 1367132930883.gif (160x150, 1019K)

The funny thing is nobody gave a shit about PC gaming, for most people GoldenEye was their first FPS game. Which is why it's infinitely more acclaimed then any PC game

nothing but nostalgia, it was accessible being on console and people just remember GE as their first FPS and have good memories from it, even though it aged like shit and every other FPS from around that era is better

>caring about what normalfags and """"""""""journalists"""""""""" think

Attached: PTSD.jpg (1400x1050, 145K)

Attached: 1556890992520.png (375x409, 124K)

files.catbox.moe/9343wk.mp4

TimeSplitters and Perfect Dark are both better console shooters than GoldenEye. Only people with zero knowledge of games think its the best shooter.

lol no

Doom shits all over it a billion times over.

Not even the best fps on the N64, Rare out did this game with Perfect Dark right after

All the fun came from gameshark for me. Making custom guns and other crazy shit in multiplayer was hella fun.

Timesplitters is my console goto for best FPS.

seethe harder boomie

Ignorant normies not knowing what's out there does not make it better, only more popular. By your logic COD is the best shooter.

>nobody gave a shit about PC gaming
Maybe in murritard land.
In europe nobody have a shit about console gaming, especially these jank as fuck FPS.

Nightfire was the best

> Gatekeeping about your shit games because nobody cares about them
Old-Yea Forums named GoldenEye the 5th best FPS game of all time behind Deus Ex, Half-Life 2, Perfect Dark & Metroid Prime

You're not wrong, I was in that exact boat.
But popular shouldn't mean meritorious every time.

Goldeneye aged like milk but I still want James Bond in Smash

Attached: 1554951008759.gif (400x396, 240K)

America & Japan are the only places that have ever mattered for Entertainment, take them away & Gaming literally would not exist.

For England, James?

Attached: brosnan.jpg (1081x623, 93K)

It's better because it's more popular, Word of Mouth opinions is the only reason why Metroid still exists right now.

i can name 10 better shooters on the N64

Turok
Turok 2
Doom64
Duke zerohour
World is not enough
Perfect dark
Jet force gemini
Forsaken
Dark forces
SWARM

For whales.

this was far better

Attached: 41DP7HVPV5L.jpg (250x171, 17K)

>Forsaken
Based, but the N64 version was shit compared to PC and PS1

Attached: 1479270581831.jpg (285x327, 20K)

Not even close user

Sorry, wrong image.

Oh hey look, it's the contrarian shitposter right on time.

>Turok
>better than Goldeneye

Oh yeah getting lost and going back and forth over and over surely was a lot more fun.
>World Is Not Enough
>Duke Zero Hour
Ok now I know you're baiting.

Attached: 1527966003698.jpg (684x546, 76K)

Goldeneye really isn't that great, have you actually sat down and tried to play it since you were 10? It doesn't hold up at all

not even top 10 n64 games.
don't get me wrong, it was fun as fuck for its time when it came out and only if you owned a n64 and nothing else. if you owned a PC it got absolutely stomped.
also as far as n64 fps are concerned, turok 1, 2 and perfect dark aged better btw.

Perfect Dark was better in literally every single way.

South Park

by all means, do stand up and tell the class how goldeneye is superior to twine.

Attached: that sound.png (640x480, 320K)

The only rareware game that's actually great is DKC2. Frankly, I'm convinced that it was an accident.

GoldenEye aged like milk

Definitely in my top ten, yes.

>faggots actually replying to chartfag's thread and not architectposting

Attached: 1527623643.png (447x283, 220K)

ah yes, here's the correct one

Attached: 612ynxy6tuL._AC_UL320_SR230,320_.jpg (230x320, 37K)

>it’s another boomer doomfags cry that nobody cares about their ancient game episode
Goldeneye was more impactful than doom. Get over it

Brehs you dont even know how many hours i played splitscreen/system link timesplitters future perfect with xbox friends. Those were my days

> Anyone who posts a thread about a video game is the same exact person

Based & truth pilled

This, fps should be played with keyboards only. Anything else is faggotry.

I skipped top 13, Never seen a rank 2-13 and I never will
Its a 007-oot time, just me and link rutzou. Link fucking rutzou.
I am a fucking legend.

It was great for its' time. Too bad it aged like milk in every respect.

Doesn't help that every attempt at a remake has been horrendously bad, which in my mind only reinforces the idea that this game is best left in the past where it belongs.

This game is unplayable by today's standards with its 15 frames per second. It had its importance, but there are several games that after 20, 30 years are still perfectly playable and fun. The original versions of Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, etc. are perfectly playable if you have an old machine running the game as it should be (in Doom case you will need to adapt to low resolution, but this is much easier to get used to tan low frames per second).

Goldeneye 007 has no relevance today.

Attached: Untitled.png (379x330, 11K)

As long as people stop shiling Ocarina of Time, sure.

No, but Perfect Dark is.

> Google Trends
Opinion already invalidated.

FPS or Best game you get to choose only one .

It's true, the only people who have thought about GE64 in the past 10 years are autistic speedrunners. Meanwhile the DOOM community has been continuously making WADs for 26 years since the game came out and has 2 successful and popular AAA remakes in the last 5 years.

Nobody gives a shit about GE, even the stupid smash roster fags who beg for every literal who character don't even care about having james bond in there

why do people think aged games deserve to be ever put anywhere on a "greatest video game ever" list?

Who cares if a game was ever revolutionary if it barely good now. I doesn't mean it should be considered ONE OF THE GREATEST
Its not like Ultima is ever put up there

Also fuck anyone who ever puts Super Mario Bros 3 or World as their top 10.

>He never played it with a mouse and keyboard
It's a great game, but it had terrible controls on the N64, i'm glad emulation allows us to play it using M+KB

It's all a matter of perspective really, yeah it looks like total dogshit now, but back in the day the amount of fun someone could have with this game isn't able to happen now due to advances in tech making it look like a total cumbog.

absolutely fpbp

try playing that shit today. It didn't age well. Games that don't age well can't even be called good. They are just a product of their time at best.

ninentdrones are so embarassing

Thats very true. Theres a lot of old games that suck ass now. Goldeneye sucks, zelda sucks, metal gear sucks. But other games like banjo kazooie or phantasy star online are still solid today. The games that still do hold up, those are worth nothing

FPBP

Posts like this restores my faith in humanity. No matter how shit Yea Forums has become, not everything is lost.

GoldenEye was the shit
i mean it was masive shit
it was fucking the bad fat pile of feces

Post your top 10 zoomie.

>The funny thing is nobody gave a shit about PC gaming
Maybe in burgerland. In my country it was the exact opposite. Nobody gave a shit about consoles and especially not about Nintendo, everybody gamed on PC.
PC had better shooters with better controls for years by that time.
Goldeneye is only maybe important to ignorant normie burgers.

Perfect Dark is better.

No. The music was awesome though.

he's in

Attached: 1552321308021.webm (960x960, 2.93M)

10/10

Attached: 1562054353039.jpg (959x959, 211K)

Twin Snakes fixed MGS. The rest are still shit though.

Not even close.

Since I was never allowed a console as a kid, why is this game so legendary? It looks like a generic as fuck shooter from the footage I've seen, with a broken balance system (golden gun) and 1 of the worst blockbuster movies of the 90s as source material. What is all the hubbub about?

This.

Nightfire's PS2 and GC ports were criminally underrated and worthy of HD remasters. Shame we'll never get em.

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

It wasn't really that great of a game, but extremely fun splitscreen multiplayer with friends and family

You ignorant fucking gorilla monkey just play with a mouse and keyboard with the fucking mod. Even "BIDEO BAME DUNKEY" is smart enough to use this so fuck you.
amazing fucking game just like perfect dark also fucking amazing game. too bad they were horrendously held back by their platform control-wise and framerate-wise. the only way i can kind of put up with it is using two controllers (that mode where you use 2 controllers with 1 player).

How was the splitscreen play that much better from any other shooter like Turok?

>Jimmy Fallon who fucking picked Oddjob.
what an absolute FUCKHEAD
>SS2
might as well just include metroid prime then.

Criminally underrated post.
I fucking heard it. Love the cyclone reload sound.
>4545
>"Why yes, I do believe KISS: Psycho Circus is the best console FPS, what makes you ask?

Attached: 1565167190196.png (455x355, 298K)

Normalfags and journalists probably played these games a few times when they were children and review only their nostalgic memories. If they actually picked it up again and tried it today they wouldn't be writing this shit.

>Also fuck anyone who ever puts Super Mario Bros 3 or World as their top 10.
imagine not liking those games.

see doombabies and hlniggers.
youtube.com/watch?v=M9sOE376tzk

It wasn't even the best game when it came out.

I don't know I never played turok splitscreen.
I just know I had a lot of fun with it when I was younger, and even not too long ago I played it with friends and we were laughing our asses off having more fun than I've had in a long time while playing multiplayer stuff

Golden Eye objectively aged like absolute fucking trash, fuck everyone who claims it's somehow still good, some sort of "timeless classic".
It hits single digit framerates and the controls are so mangled it's damn near unplayable.

well, the game was objectively trash from a PC perspective. but not so different from today, the bottom tier gamers didn't have a PC. it was the first deathmatch fps on console (to be recognized) so people glommed onto it. it could have been any other game to fit the bill

>The funny thing is nobody gave a shit about PC gaming, for most people GoldenEye was their first FPS game. Which is why it's infinitely more acclaimed then any PC game
Is that why the superior Perfect Dark only 2 mil while GoldenEye sold like 9 mil?

GoldenEye was 'acclaimed' because it was a tie-in a to massively succesful movie.

Attached: 1552511682265.jpg (645x729, 81K)

It was better than gayke 2 at least.

>autistic speedrunners
>vs autistic wadmakers

At least one of these niches are autistic about actually playing and getting good at the game

Attached: 1549571944663m.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

GoldenEye doesn't even belong in the top 20. That said, it did influence the fps genre at least somewhat, which is more than enough to earn a spot on any list of games that should be remembered for their influence on the industry.
Only retards believe that a game's current playability should be factored into how they're judged today.

Attached: 9998999.png (454x520, 13K)

>Team Fortress 2
>System Shock 2
lol dumb queer I bet you play MMOs

Here's a pity (you) user, try harder next time

>first-person game with guns isnt an FPS
You can't even use a gun in System Shock 2 until you raise your stats first.

Both Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are action-RPGs where using a gun is entirely optional.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

never reply to me again

>should not
fucking why not?

>might as well just include metroid prime then.
Metroid Prime doesn't do a very good job of utilizing the first person perspective:

>Samus, supposedly an agile bounty hunter, moves like a senior citizen who just got released from the hip replacement ward. She is slower than a generic FPS protagonist. This is especially egregious since the game has a ton of backtracking
>tank controls, can't even strafe freely, can't even look up and down while moving, absurdly low FOV. What is up with these limitations?
>not using dual stick controls despite coming out long after they had become standard industry practice
>you don't even have to aim because of lock-on (thus completely negating the advantage of going with a first-person perspective, so why did they even choose it?)
>bosses are boring HP sponges that barely even move and are basically stationary and boil down to 'scan for weak spot and wait for boss to open their sphincter to reveal their weak spot. After a few shots, they closes their sphincter and periodically opens it again, allowing you to get a few more shots in. Rinse and repeat about a billion times'.
>they prioritized graphics over gameplay, so the exploration is constantly broken up with corridors that are disguised loading screens, which also makes the level design feel very artificial
>instead of building to a proper climax, last stretch of game is literally one giant fetch quest
>instead of letting you explore and examine things yourself (which the first-person perspective is ideally suited for), you have a scanner that spoonfeeds you everything rather than letting you discover things for yourself
>third-person transitions like the morph ball transformation are too long and constantly interrupt the flow of gameplay
>does a bad job of immersing the players with constantimmersion-breaking third person cutscenes of Samus riding an elevator or doing some other pointless shit (again, why even use first-person then?)

Attached: 1545164237207.jpg (714x595, 95K)

PC only guys always say this, but Halo is hands down one of the funnest FPS games of all time and playing it with a controller was great.

>try playing that shit today. It didn't age well. Games that don't age well can't even be called good. They are just a product of their time at best.

THIS. This guy's got it. A genuinely good game is still good decades after it came out. If a game that felt great back then feels like arse now, it wasn't actually good, it was just flavor of the year.

>PC only guys always say this, but Halo is hands down one of the funnest FPS games of all time and playing it with a controller was great.
Halo doesn't even compare favorably to other console FPS, much less PC FPS.

Movement in Halo games is slow as molasses, weapon diversity and control is extremely narrow, rocket splash is so huge you only need to lead on vehicles, and the crosshair magnetism is way too heavy-handed and not in-line with advances in manual gamepad aiming since 2001. Things like the BR and removal of health packs took the game backwards after CE, and yet the fans still argue for a Halo 3 clone.

The thing is, Halo isn't just slow compared to arena FPS; it's slow compared to other console shooters. Everything from the movement speeds, to the physics, to the ultra-heavy crosshair magnetism, is all a relic of a by-gone era where no one knew how to make FPS control smoothly on gamepads. By the 360 era, things improved enough to support the much faster gameplay of later COD games, BF series, UT3, even some Quake 4 console tournaments in France, etc.

So yeah, you can call Halo whatever you want, whether it's "tactical arena FPS" (like many Halo Fans like to describe it) or whatever, but it's really its own thing which bears limited appeal either to PC arena FPS players or even people used to the later console military shooters.

Attached: 1535139683342.jpg (602x792, 103K)

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/third-person transitions like the morph ball transformation are too long and constantly interrupt the flow of gameplay/
have sex

>t. seething prime-cuck

It was great for its time, and a while afterward, and about the only FPS I've ever enjoyed with a controller. In the archives level, I'd hide behind the door in the starting room for hours and just keep shooting guys as they came in

ok schizo.

It was great for its time AND its niche: console FPS trying to tell a "cinematic" story
Compared to the whole industry it was ages behind.

>It was great for its time AND its niche: console FPS trying to tell a "cinematic" story

>cinematic story
>with no voice acting
>despite the fact that older fps, where story was an afterthought, did have voice acting

Attached: 473425485.jpg (610x298, 149K)

this is a furry tf2 hat tranny

>Hating on a man for loving his wife
Who hurt you

It's extremely mediocre.

Doom and GoldenEye are both unbelievably over rated games, that being said, Doom is still better.

>hating
On the contrary, Pierce admitting he's a chubby chaser made me respect him even more.

That's pasta, but relevant: there is this custom version of the Dolphin emulator that can run Metroid Prime with WASD+mouse controls and high FOV.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I

Attached: its_beautiful.png (450x600, 273K)

I love goldeneye but only somebody who never played an fps before playing goldeneye would think this. Before goldeneye came out i was playing quake 1 online everynight. This was at a time when almost nobody had Internet access and a computer. When goldeneye came out i played it mostly when I went over to my normie friend's houses or when they came over. I spent most of my time however playing quake or half life when it came out because it was way more amazing than anything on a console at the time.

ME AND MARK RUTZOU
I AM CLUTCH
AM FUCKING CLUTCH BABY