What went wrong

what went wrong

Attached: mistake.jpg (666x941, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QgrgPqGoKk4?t=1488
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rushed development resulting in a lot of bugs at the release.

Astronomically buggy on release to the point that playing it at all was near impossible.

Patches fixed it

jewood

But what went right?

Soundtrack

I had a blast with this game, I was 17 and not too much into PC gaming so I did't know any better. Years later I read that it was very buggy, I've avoided replaying it because I don't want to taint the good memories.

Music department
youtu.be/QgrgPqGoKk4?t=1488

Rushed out the door by JoWood, and I guess Piranha Bytes was so traumatized they've been incapable of making anything worht a damn since.

is gothic 4 any good? I got it with a bundle.

No

By far the worst out of gothic games. Even Gothic 3 is miles better.

too big for its own good
It shouldnt have this many towns, they should be more fleshed out instead, like G2, its not TES

PB thought they could make a huge ass world. They could not. JW released the 45% game anyway. Despite the huge attempts to fix it, you are better off not playing it at all. It destroys the story, setting and many characters. It shows you stuff that had potential, but
well, it's depressing

it was released

please never mention it again on Yea Forums
no on3e wants to be reminded

ELEX has a huge world and it's fine.
Risen 3 is by far the PB game with most fun gameplay though.

Rushed

Literally these

Attached: PB.jpg (2048x1536, 765K)

What makes Risen 3 good? I've only played the first one and remember thinking it was weak as hell

Nothing, this(patched) is one of the most underrated RPGs of all time, really beautiful and fun to play. One of the last hardcore single player RPGs

It sincerely feels like the only PB game where they actually bothered making a combat system that's fluid and designed for you to be able to take on multiple enemies at once instead of just human 1 v 1, despite the fact PB has a boner for throwing hordes at you, especially of monsters.
All factions in the game have their own unique form and flavour of magic (and they are all good), there's a huge amount of different playstyles you can go such as guns, throwing weapons, melee, full magic etc
The game ends up being pretty easy due to this, but it's also very fun to play. They did however fuck up with dodge rolls being infinite with no stamina cost.
Even ELEX, their later game, suffers from a combat system that's frankly quite shitty compared to Risen 3, and one of the factions doesn't even have magic, with some shitty consumables instead, while another faction has a spammable spell that trivializes every single encounter.
Risen 3 even lets you be a voodoo necromancer reanimating loads of enemies at once which is fun as fuck.
Also a lot of the maps have a focus on verticality akin to ELEX, but instead of a jetpack you can turn into a parrot and fly around for mobility and secrets.

Attached: Risen3 2016-07-06 22-16-51-64.jpg (1920x1080, 389K)

Get the community patch. Game is really good with it. I love it.

>gothic 4

Turning into a parrot sounds based

>Risen 3
>any good
No. It's watered down Risen 2, which is already pretty bad when compared to other PB games

It's very fun.
Voodoo has it as a spell, other factions get it through scrolls.

Risen 2 is awful compared to 3.
Saying 3 is watered down compared to 2 is nonsense since 3 feels twice as long with far more content, more factions, more gameplay styles, maps with actual verticality

Attached: Risen3 2017-10-14 02-53-16-08.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Honestly it's the only one where they were seemingly aware of the limitations they had to work with. As a result it's less Gothic and more just a solid action RPG.

Attached: r1-2-3_patty.jpg (1251x829, 251K)

gothic 3 was fun to me honestly, the best part was that i found out you can trigger a ork/rebbel or hashishin/nomad camp war. Simply attack one camp until they all go after you, teleport or run to the next opposing camp, have comfy 50v50 fights were you lure your enemies around in the friendly camp since the npcs all fight 1v1 and every additional aggro enemy is on your tail until he finds an unoccopied enemy npcs. Also if you swing two handed weapons (not polearms or spears) you can do a normal left click for srandard jab and right after hold left click for power attack. That leads often to a take down since enemies will try to block but the following power hit will knock them down regardless, then you can keep em grounded with the right timing. Also the hitbox of you weapon will still be active and you can run around harming everyone once. was hilarious to do that where alot of weak npcs gathered like slaves, you could run like a maniac and they would all drop dead.

Also this game has zero non killable npcs

Gothic games always had great soundtracks that went under the radar.

It's stable and improved with community patches. Doesn't ruin the vanilla feeling if you're not fond of anything that resembles a mod

>arcania
what alternate dimension are you from where that exists?

Attached: confused skaven_face.png (412x393, 53K)

Gothic 3 is a textbook example on how the open world should be done

Prove me wrong

The current timeline which you are also a part of , like it or not.

Also, who where is ready for ELEX 2?
Bonus points: you aren't a forever bitter Gothic2fag

Attached: elex early game quest.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

With sound?

made by the same talentless germancucks that made gothic 1 and 2

Man Myrtana was so comfy. I ended up dropping the game before the end but I don't regret playing it.

Attached: 1560203703009.jpg (108x120, 4K)

getting a strange urge to play Risen 3

Attached: Risen3 2016-06-30 17-36-25-63.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Graphics. The entire world still looks great today.

Gothic 4 doesn't exist anymore. As soon as Piranha Bytes got the Gothic license back, they changed the name to Arcania and removed the Gothic part.

Bugged as fuck and melee combat wasn't that great, but it was still a good game. Well, after the patches it was.

>GOTHIC 4
HAAHAHAHAH
FHHAHA

HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAAHAH
FD
F

DF
F
FFAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A

GOTHIC 4

HAHAHAHAHA

GOTHIC
FUCKING 4

GOTHIC
F
O
U
R

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>Face gets a downgrade but her tits are upgraded

fafa

it's literally better than modern games in its genre

no such thing

no idea, but i've played through this game over ten times and i loved every second while being fully aware of how shit it is. world and atmosphere? enormous scale of the adventure? tons of small settlements with questlines and whatnot? freedom of choice if you want to join orcs or kill the human's king? it had some redeeming qualities, even if it wasn't a good game both story and gameplay wise

Man i remember being a kid and playing the shit out of Gothic 1 then a few years later i was reading about Gothic 2 in a pc gaming magazine and i was hyped as fuck
I think it was the only time where my hype was for good reason cause Gothic 2 fucking blew my mind.
Gothic 3 was buggy when released but i loved it, the world was aweome and it really made me wanna explore it, quests were engaging and kept many thibg that made Gothic great.
In comparison with say Witcher 3, besides the obvious tech difference i feel like Gothic 3 is a way better game.
The only place where W3 wins is combat which i find more fun.

Yeah, Risen is pretty good.

>high as fuck level and fully kitted in endgame gear
>get stunlocked to death by a starter area wolf

Attached: 1409004113194.jpg (900x900, 130K)

Why is Risen so bad bros?

Attached: angryjoe.jpg (1222x336, 77K)