What do you dislike about this game?

Just want to know why some people dislike the game.

Attached: b.jpg (342x427, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOuTBHkAa0s
youtube.com/watch?v=U3ms2EacLqE
youtube.com/watch?v=ncW3EHe7fUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's a pretty good game and I wouldn't say I dislike it, but the fact it's 30fps and stuck on the soistation is a major downside.

I think it's a really good game, I'm just so burned out on Souls gameplay that I have no interest in ever playing one again.

Sekiro was a step in the right direction and I hope they continue to move away from that beat to death formula.

Love the game, just wish it was on PC. Also
>You have to play through the entire game to get to some of the weapons

Inferior to DS2

Okay, care to explain in what ways?

-There are some noticeable performance drops if there's too much shit going on.
-Uncanny and Lost variations of DLC weapons aren't accessible until you get the vanilla version first.
-Arcane is hard to work with outside of bosses.
-Laurence
-Yahar'gul

coop and pvp sucks (and it also ruined the one in ds3) and the calice dungeons could have been better. Also they never really tried to fix the fps

Blood vials system sucks. Also I don't want to pay for psn+ to skip low level chalice dungeons.

Getting some of the best weapons near the end of the game.

HOLY BASED
Personally, I just really liked DS2. It's my favorite in the series. I really liked the level design and bosses, and the combat felt the best of any FromSoft game. It was the perfect balance between weight and mobility that they haven't replicated in any game since then.

havent played it or any from games. but most people on my friends list with the game have next to no trophies in it, so im thinking theres a circle jerk of like 15 fans and 100 PC souls fans who havent even played it constantly worship it on Yea Forums and reddit alone

Loading times, frame rate, aliasing, camera, having to farm bloodviles, having to go to hunters dream just restart an area, bloody crow of Cainhurst, chalice dungeons, lack of polish

>t. someone that loves the game

I love BB but here are some things that should have been better:
- better difficulty curve. Gascan and Cleric beast are way to hard for a new player not familiar with souls
- Implement Insight better. like change yarnham into the hunters nightmare with enough insight, instead of a key item.
-connect Byrgenworth with the chalice dungeon. design the dungeon like the rest of the game, and not random generated garbage.
- redesign some of the bosses like one reborn, rom and buff wetnurse, remove emissary.
- general framrate and performance patches.
- remove the lamp/bonfire from the undergeound prison. so you have to beat dark beast to get out of there or build in alternative way to get out.
- make coop multiplayer seamless like divinity os 2. Tried it with a friend and it was way to much of a hassle to set up.
- make most of the trickweapons available from the start. choose ONE and find the others later in the game.
- Remove most of the RPG elements. Lvl ups, bloodstones and weapon upgrades restrict you instead of giving you choice.

I still think it's a 9.5/10 game. There are not alot of games that had the chance to be a 10. BB was.

because people have different tastes
fuck off retard

>remove the lamp/bonfire from the undergeound prison. so you have to beat dark beast to get out of there
This would make some people drop the game. Darkbeast is the boss that is either super easy or extremely difficult and unfun depending on your level and damage output.

Pretty much the entire game post-Cathedral ward is a slog.

Cainhurst and Forbidden Woods especially.

That's why they also need an alternative way out. The Lamp how it is right now is just lazy and defeats the purpose of this side area.

Shit framerates. And it has some uninspired bosses like huge ayy lmao and mystery niggas. And fuck Rom for having attacks that can basically oneshot you from off-scrern. Total bullshit.

Still, best souls game.

its got soulslike difficulty

they could make genuinely amazing games if they dropped the difficulty factor

I wished fucking armor actually meant something since it barely did anything.

Stop this meme, they're not hard, most games are just easy casual trash

BB is in my top 3 of all time so it's hard to pick anything I dislike about it besides the 30fps. I guess The One Reborn is an annoying boss? It also sucks that some weapons are essentially locked behind NG+

I really want to try it out but I had to choose between upgrading my GPU or buying a PS4 and there's no way in hell that I'm buying a console for one single game. I know everything that happens by now via youtube letplays tho.

>bloody crow of Cainhurst
try getting good?

loading times

Maybe place it right before Paarl just so you can't accidently find it from get go? The coolest part about this place was initial confusion of why can't I go back to hunter's dream and getting fucked up by those grandmas while trying to find where to go.

Having to go back to hunter's dream to teleport.
Dodge, spring and jump being tied to the same button.
That's about it.

The abyssmal performance that make shit like yaargul literally implayable and a painful unfun experience

Not an argument

>What do you dislike about this video game?
It ended

Attached: 1564856974491.jpg (512x512, 13K)

It's an amazing game. I litteraly only disliked the calice dungeons. Good idea, but badly executed

>And fuck Rom for having attacks that can basically oneshot you from off-screen.
You're just playing the game wrong. You're supposed to watch out for the arcane attacks.

only facts

1. very short
2. very barebones, lacks polish, always has the "something more could've been done here but they simplified it" vibe (basically all souls games have this)
3. wasted potential
4. absolute trashcan pvp
5. trashcan arcane that doesn't take off until late in the game

Blood vials are too punishing for new players and too easy for veteran players compared to estus
Chalice Dungeons are not that interesting and the time spent on them would've been better spent on a dungeon-esque area in the main game
The majority of NPC hunters are grossly unbalanced with their infinite vials and 2 shot bullets and are not fun to fight unless you're an extreme expert at the game. Most are only safely fightable via stunlocking them or poison cheese
I don't do multiplayer but from what I've heard the bell system made pvp almost impossible except in 2 areas and it was pretty much dead on arrival

>all the good content is stuck in the DLC
>30fps with bad frame pacing and mandatory chromatic aberration
>latter half of the game simply gives up when it comes to level design, formerly the best part of the game

I dislike that it is stupidly hard for the first 2 or 3 hours and then stupidly easy for the rest of the game to the point that almost everyone has gotten its plat. Dark Souls games have much better balance.

I really do hate the animations of the enemies.
>I'm a swarming mass of black fabrics!
>I'm flailing around in a completely unrealistic way!
>I accidentally brushed the back of my fingernails against the hairs protruding from the side of your chin! That means you die instantly!

It took me forever to get to the first boss, couldn't beat him, said fuck it and uninstalled
>in b4 git gud
No

Why did they ditch Estus for grass farming? Estus is a fine system, and if you want it to be less forgiving them just tweak the numbers
If anything, farming health is more casual than estus because you can farm as much as you like but Estus is capped

PvP invasions weren't as good as compared to the other games.

Relies too much on “le ebin hardcore difficulty”. Miyazaki makes genuinely good games that at first just happened to be difficult (often because of the worst aspects of the game, particularly in Demon’s Souls). But he’s not gonna throw away money either to make slightly better games, he knows casual retards eat up his games for the sake of dick swinging and nothing else, so he castrated the freedom of his later games to appeal to that shit eating side of his audience. This is also reflected in the marketing, Demon’s Souls was just a pretty normal jrpg with an interesting incorporation of multiplayer, but then by the time Dark Souls came around they up’d the dreariness and monotony for the sake of advertising. And they only increased that with every subsequent game.

> low replayability
> no stat respec
> 15 fps
> too many low quality bosses like Emyssary or Paarl

It's an action game

It is unreasonable to expect from the player to defeat a foe that has an insane amount of HP, has infinite healing items and can kill you with two successive hits.

Meant for you

Im used to lower fps so it doesn't hurt my brain or anything like that so i can just enjoy the game

I thought the chalice dungeon variation and repetition could have been better but it was more welcome than not. I just didn’t enjoy repeating a lot of the bosses.

Also the dlc is one of the best I’ve ever played but the living failures feels wrong. It’s a complete joke of a boss fight, easier than cleric beast and it’s back to back with Maria.

Really just nitpicking because I did enjoy the game. Worst part is having to go back to hunters dream to replenish vials or to travel elsewhere.

>impliying you died to cleric beast or gascoign
Yea i think a git gud is quite necessary

4 and a half years later and people still insist you have to farm Blood vials I don't get it

It's an exclusive to a console I don't want.

Depends on your skill, just see DSP trying to beat the game "legit" on his second run

-you dislike it if yoy cant play it, because of difficulty or not owning pc

you dont love it if you dont understand the structure, hidden paths or the convoluted storytelling and lore.

if you love the lore and understand it only, reason you dont love it is because its more action with less rpg and build variety.

I like most of this post. That said, I don't think any amount of patching can fix the performance on that crappy hardware.

Personally didn't have a problem with it, but if you get stuck on a certain boss, you'll quickly burn through your supply of blood vials in just a few attempts.

If you get stuck at a boss or a level yes you have to. This is just a fact.

This was my first soulsborne game, and mystery niggas were a fucking nightmare. Having to constantly farm for vials after an attempt or two was really disheartening and almost made me drop the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOuTBHkAa0s
youtube.com/watch?v=U3ms2EacLqE
Easy mode bosses you can just spam with pistol to death without taking any risk. Even Gwyn was harder to kill than this BB casual shit.

>30fps
>720p
>long ass loading screens
>rehashed screaming beasts
>phantoms instead of proper boss fights
>casual parry windows with long range pistols
>invincible frames while dodging
>no variety whatsoever you are always roleplaying as van hellsing cuck
>no magic
>lifesteal
>literally 1 attack bosses
>literally spam pistol-parry on "bosses" to win
>lifesteal casul mechanics

youtube.com/watch?v=ncW3EHe7fUs
>literally 1 attack boss

>witch of hemwick
>celestial emissary
>cleric doge
>one reborn
>living losers
>mergo
>micolash
>moon presence
>Amygdala
>Shadows of Yharnam
>Queen
>Rom

All of them are stupidly easy and casual. No challenge whatsoever.

Bloodborne is the easiest Souls-like game by From and the worst after DaS2.

Bloodborne: this ones gonna ruffle the most feathers. most overrated game in the series. at least on Yea Forums. i am convinced that people who act like this game is jesus love it for aesthetic reasons, story reasons, or sony reasons. worst bosses overall. game is too short without chalice dungeons, which are annoyingly designed. theres several optional levels, which is nice, because aside from them this game is completely linear. combat system is a hit and a miss. trick weapons have more moves than ds weapons. thats cool and all, but not necessary. these games dont excep at combat. they have basically no combos and theres no skill require din the attacks you input. the struggle comes from your offensive/defensive OPTIONS and how they interact with your opponant(s). pvp is shit in every game and i wont hold it against any of them, but youll notice that there was basically no pvp in bloodborne. weapons were better, so why is that? because BUILDS were worse. power stancing was also unnecessary, but at least power stancing allowed you to trade defense for damage, and it wasnt expected to make up for a lack of builds. the dodge is more op here than any game besides demons souls, so is parrying (though at least backstabs could get nerfed). 20 blood vials from the start with room for more is too much, especially on top of rally. level design is...overall the best in the series. ds1 is often great, ds3 is always at least good, ds2 is packed with tons of levels that are okay, but if you were to calculate an overall average for level QUALITY bb would win.

I agree it is skill based
There are many precautions you can take to help against your vials running out, if you just constantly use them without thinking of course you will run out and it's your fault

RDR2 has a perfectly stable framerate, zero aliasing, a billion times more shit going on, and is way bigger. It’s not the hardware buddy.

I like the game and consider it to be a 8.5/10 or so.
that said.
it has a lot of bad aspects.
-Bloodborne trivializes health management by constantly throwing blood vials at the player at any given moment. If there's a corpse with a glowing yellow ball on it, there's a good chance it's a handful of bloodvials
-Blood vials are not only found everywhere, but they heal for a lot and can heal for more than they already heal by attaching a rune to the player character at the workshop altar
-quickstep is just dive rolling but with more i-frames and is more easily spammable
-every single boss can either be stunlocked, parried, or visceral'd into oblivion (Amelia Vicar is the prime example here)
-an extention of the previous point is how all of the big bosses now have "limbs" that can break and when broken, the boss gets frozen in place. Some bosses have such shitty limb placement that they can get stunlocked by just breaking their mulbs one after another
-Rally breaks the game by allowing the player character to recover health lost by hitting the enemy within the grace period alloted (Can be extended via runes)
-viscerals/backstabs can heal the player and do massive damage (Can also be strengthened via runes)
-guns are all op because almost every single enemy int he game can get parried, and guns parry enemies at a distance
-only a very small number of enemies in Bloodborne have Poise, so R1 spamming enemies is a viable tactic most of the time

Bloodborne gives the player too many "Easy way out" moments and makes bosses trivial outside of one or two of them. Even Ludwig suffers from some of these problems and only ends up being difficult because his attacks have broken hitboxes.

The stuttering, chromatic aberration, and aliasing gives me eye cancer
If they released a ps5 upgrade I'd probably get it

Held back by shit hardware

this seriously fucking blows. my favorite weapon is the blood letter but you don't get access to it until you're already almost done with the game. having to go into new game+ just to play with your weapon of choice sucks.

choppy animation

It would've been the best game in the soulsborne series, but Chalice Dungeons are such a massive fuckup that it puts me off from replaying it regularly.

BB was my first from game and I got the cleric beast first time and gasgoine the second time

I was stuck on the blood starved beast for a week though

The vagueness and disjointedness of the story. Miyazaki knows how to build a setting but he's a shit writer.

u can play it on pc with PS Now

Its difficulty is all over the place. All of the bosses were 100% piss easy, and most of the enemies were a cakewalk, honestly was very surprised. But then the AI hunters can be a chore to get through. I eventually just had to cheese the 3 guys in that unseen village cathedral. Not fun at all to fight. Also, the only good weapons are the first saw you get, and Ludwigs blade. Dark Souls felt much more deliberate with its fights and balance

The lack of items makes exploration boring as you only ever find gems or runes.

I beat it for the first time recently. And aside from the obvious console problems like 30fps i loved it more than any souls game. however i will say some of the shit you NEED to know beforehand kind of sucks. i missed a bunch of npc questlines because i killed amelia and then rom too early without knowing i needed to backtrack through levels for npcs

Hypergean Gaol

Not being able to sit at the lamps, so there's a forced loadscreen when restoring an area.

Crap performance
Bullshit guff story but thats standard by those gooks
Inconsistent enemy damage and generally bad pacing throughout the game.
No real exploring and more linear than dark souls
Guff bosses with the NPC's being the main threat
The hardest part of the game was the three shit head NPCs in the church

Am i missing anything? I think its the fact that people who just own a playstation wait months and months for an okay game which they see as game of the generation. Same of switch owners. That zelda game was fucking shit lmao

>Heal on hit and able to survive by spamming r1
>most bosses except for a few 'cinematic' ones are lackluster as fuck
>PVP is a literal spammy shitshow of garbage
>only bosses worth a mention are DLC
>most areas are all the same
>runs at subpar 30fps and dips down to 24
>shortest souls game to date
>easiest parrying method
>instant healing with triangle
>can have up to 20 vials at a time
>chalice dungeons
>barely any re-playability
>little to no build vareity resulting in pvp being mostly burial blades
>bullshit mechanics like frenzy
>can only max one weapon per NG cycle
>lack of weapons
>armor/attire being completely irrelevant
>no weight load
>bloodgem grinding
>few npc's
>easiest form of dodging with high i-frames
>graphic downgrade from e3 (like most PS4 games)

so the gist of the bloodborne hate displayed in this thread boils down to, "it's not on pc" and "it got too popular so i have to hate it"
nice

It's not on PC yet

I like this game a lot, I dislike how unoptimized it is. However, rather than take the usual console war route and blame the PS4, I'm actually going to blame From Software for this(as everyone rightly should) because it was they who were tasked with optimizing a game exclusively for the PS4. While sure, an infinitely powered PC would have taken care of many of these problems, it was frankly irresponsible how they dumped so much useless clutter in the world environments and made the online messages so needlessly visually busy. There was so much stuff that From could have done to achieved at least a steady 30 frames but instead they littered the world with nonsense like infinity statues which don't even add to the world after a certain point and just create visual clutter. From Software really can't optimize for shit.

>want to do an arcane squidboy run
>have to beat the game to even get it

how is that unique to bloodborne? every game in the series had things you can't get until very late in the game

>have to play RNG dungeons for the build to not play like shit

Because Bloodborne has very few things to get at all so over 80% of the content is choked off to the near end of the game and you can't use 90% of it effectively if you don't have the correct stats for them.

It was by far the hardest From game bar none, maybe except the first hours of getting to know Sekiro.

See
Not to mention UC4, nuGOW, and any number of other examples.
>held back
Lmao ok dude

The rest of the series deals with it in two ways: item trading and similar items.
If you don't have a friend who can just give you the item, then there's at least 3 or 4 similar items that you can use instead of the late game weapon, even if they're not perfect

and again that's the exact same as the entire series

they still wouldn't get BB to where it SHOULD be, which is stable 60 fps at a bare min

Your complaints are absolutely retarded since more than a half are elements present throughout the whole souls series. If you hated the genre as a whole I'd understand but you clearly don't, so have some self-awareness retard.

I'd say it's a bit too easy difficulty wise. Also most of the areas are pretty boring looking. It starts off great in the London-esq zombie town but there isn't a good location until you get to the vampire ghost castle

>has infinite healing items
The crow can only heal once though, retard

That's false, especially Dark Souls which opens with a great deal of accessible options right from the start.

the way they handled most stuff regarding multiplayer (fromsoft netcode being especially shit with faster combat, gem stones offering almost no variety as 27.2% gems, the scaling ones for arcane and the 32.2% for bloodtinge, blunt and thrust are far superior to anything else like trying out poison fot example, the bell ringing instead of sopstone system, covenants being bare bones)
bloodtinge having only 2 meele weapons
reused bosses in the dungeons
byrgenwerth being a let down

it's still one of my favourite games

go get a great lord greatsword from the start of the game in dark souls 1

ill get a black knight halberd instead

>Hypergean Gaol
Faggot, getting one-shot from behind by a kidnapper I hadn't even realized was there and waking up in that fucking freaky area was a one-of-a-kind experience. I feel sorry for people who were spoiled on that before they played the game, one of the most genuinely unsettling experiences in any game.

so you can't, and the "problem" you stated is inherent to the series. why do you need the bloodletter if the tonitrus or kirkhammer exist?

Literally almost perfect game I only want it to have even better bosses

I dislike the fact that it is a ps4 exclusive.

Holy fuck this thread.

I always liked BB within reason and I always got so much shit for it by people assuming I didn't have a ps4 or some shit just because I said negative stuff about it. And I'm a fucking uge soulsfag

What the fuck is happening

Not on PC, I'm not going to buy a PS for one game, no matter how good.

If you're stuck on a level or boss, you should never use your vials. Learn the patterns, get good and move on. The vials are only for dumb fuckups on your end, not a constant crutch.

It was Gascoigne, I tried really hard to like Bloodborne because I fell for the memery but honestly there's only so many hours in the day and too many other games

Frame rate is the only major complaint I have. It's one thing when it's Rom's spider gang but it's ridiculous when it's just being near the kidnappers when they buff.

>a billion times more shit going on,
RDR2 also had 7 years of development and optimisation on an unlimited budget.