Am i autistic for enjoying modding games and fixing them?

Am i autistic for enjoying modding games and fixing them?

Attached: 1473258821007.jpg (365x500, 40K)

You're a saint if you actually fix games.

>spend days or even weeks tweaking game until it's perfect
>go to play it
>bored after an hour

looking at you fallout 4

>he does it for free

Am I autistic for enjoying fixing mods I downloaded because some mod authors put stupid shit in them and/or are buggy but are otherwise good mods?
God, I really hate the stupid shit Arthmoor put in Open Cities, fuck that essential, bootless Argonian that he probably voiced himself.

I do it too.
>DMC5 turbo mode
>Sekiro remove repetetive shit and bad sfx/gfx
>Dragons Dogma remove limitations
>Bully fix Jimmy model
>Valkyria Chronicles make it harder
>Persona 5 60fps and alternative outfits
>GTA SA restore PS2 visuals
>ZOE2 undub

These are just some mods I can think of that I've installed in the past year.

Attached: Lady.webm (838x800, 2.96M)

its just that when i started playing games on PC i dont play them as is(vanilla) i have to tune them to the way i like because i can.

ive been using open cities reborn for oblivion and i haven't noticed anything like that. anything i should look out for?

Yeah why wouldn't you? I use graphics mods too for every game.

you are autistic regardless

No, you are autistic for so many other wonderful reasons.

What games do you mod?

why would you censor the creator's artistic vision?

Who cares? If you enjoy doing it, then just do it man.

Attached: 1565169685298.jpg (660x511, 36K)

Because it makes the games better. Take MGSV for example
>washed out
>bad gameplay
>Snake looks bad
So you improve the graphics and get Infinite Heaven, suddenly it's a much better game.

Attached: mgsvtpp 2018-10-13 00-08-49-74.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

Jesus Christ, is this what being triggered feels like?
What the fuck is wrong with this image?
Why would someone make this?

sometimes the creative vision is hampered by time constraints or console hardware

making/using better textures for a nasty low res wall doesnt change the vision, i try to keep things mostly vanilla, only change shitty things that stand out for me.

modding is soulful

Attached: 1152-1559309502-239692659.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

Attached: 5c67776151cd7.jpg (1900x1080, 336K)

i love that game design

Attached: 8c423ff0a7e7442a799cb06f114e4ddfa3338b64a07eba75825f855aad3dda13.gif (300x225, 2.87M)

yes and thank you

how the fuck do mods even work?
I mean, how can something be modded, if it's not open source?
I never understood that

Attached: 1565283612742.jpg (289x383, 23K)

now this is kino modding

Attached: 1951454-1443970934.jpg (1738x1118, 122K)

Nope, nothing wrong knowing how to mod

You're basically asking how you change a light bulb. You unscrew it and put a new one in.

Attached: 1521869092976.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

It's changing a file.

pretty much this.

but the game engine is binary and the mechanics therefore too
how can you change a binary file without the program code?

Why don't you try using your favorite search engine to find out?

Getting things to work the way you want is sometimes the only fun part.

Make it run through a script to implement the new code every time the game is ran or edit the code yourself.

Attached: 1561913754631.gif (500x350, 1.09M)

its different for each game, sometimes you'd have a straight up textures folders which you can easily play with.

You reverse engineer the code to understand what it does. Open source would have everything in plain sight.

For instance:
>code 0003057237 on line 3343 in file "player.model"
Nerd virgin will open this file with a hex editor or whatever and remove "237" and now we have "nude.player.model". More advanced modding requires more advanced tools. Like some people make model import/export tools which requires a deep understanding of code and 3d model formats. A lot of games encrypt their stuff but after you crack it you'll sometimes have .json files in plain sight allowing you to edit gameplay stuff. Like in MGSV for instance.

Generic graphics mods intercept your graphics pipeline and changes shit. So like in between DirectX and the game, a .dll will say "no you fag this game needs BLOOM".

Attached: good graphics.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

Because the "source code" only does certain essential things, and the game uses/references a lot of assets and files outside of what's contained in the .exe (which is usually kind of "locked down" unless it is open source and cannot be modded). These outside files can be tweaked. For example a lot of games have a ton of settings and config stuff just in a text or .ini file that can just be adjusted in notepad. Like you might have "playerhealth = 100" and just adjust that number how you please.
It varies a lot game to game though. Some games, especially ones originating on console, have weird proprietary file formats and are generally just hard to modify.

A lot of modders use cheat engine to find code adresses in real-time, then they can make tools to change the things. For example some guy found the addresses for grass in Nier:A and so we can change the height and speed of it, even the color.

Why would you do that you ask? It makes the game better, obviously.

Attached: grass.webm (738x400, 2.97M)

there are some simpler games if you dont want to mess around too much with files
i have proudly over 230 mods on darkest dungeon for example, it works like (ActorA) uses skill X and effects unit(s) like this, where you can change every single little detail as long as the process is the same
Actor+power/skill/efffect and target unit

>but the game engine is binary
The code eventually filters down to binary on the lowest level where it's instructing the hardware, but in between there's assembly and the kernel and shit like that, and then the coding language. A game engine is another layer that communicates with those and will be much more comprehensible to read and modify. Game devs basically never do anything in binary.

Usually the only games that are difficult to mod are ones where developers go out of their way to make it a pain in the ass.

Here's an example of game code modders can fuck with. Some autist will make an unpacker tool(Xentax is a handy website for such tools) and then people will start messing around.

Attached: pc only who cares.png (797x1017, 75K)

Attached: emptiness_nothing.png (608x600, 503K)

Attached: 1400225689504.webm (800x800, 2.85M)

Attached: 1382810362915.gif (400x225, 1.9M)

Modding and PC gaming is going to get really cool when we can upscaling textures on-the-fly.

Attached: JenRu_30_375k.png (441x256, 115K)

You went to all that trouble to spoon feed a retard and he didn't even thank you.

the amount of know it all assholes in the modding community is what turns people off in the first place, dont be that guy :)

hardly anyone on Yea Forums has ever cared about modding

Attached: 1525962454460.png (574x430, 204K)

Attached: denuvo.png (1671x845, 1.55M)

there was a time i fixed the better vampires mod because that fag was like "custom races can't be done" then found a mod that did a similar thing where custom races did work and it was one line of code i had to paste over his bullshit

I was the same with skyrim, I sorta 'enjoyed' modding and troubleshooting it more than playing it. I got a rush whenever I figured out how to get around other modder's autistic restrictions on their own mods, like nudifying their 'pure' waifu followers and the like

I think the Oblivion mod is fine, but Arthmoor put a lot of shit in Skyrim's Open Cities like the Oblivion gates and random NPCs that guard the city gates which he refused were part of his mod until people yelled enough because they should not be part of the mod and he made a MCM option to remove them, but never removed them entirely and that stupid bootless Argonian in Riften with a shit tier microphone voice remains there even if you turn the option for gate guards off.

I never claimed to know it all. I do stand by the fact that you are retarded however. It isn't hard to Google something, retard. Are you going to go to /o/ and ask how cars work next? Or do you plan on going to /g/ to ask how to assemble your budget computer?

Attached: 1562868665557.jpg (800x1071, 131K)

Attached: screenshot_5 (2).jpg (3840x2160, 1.17M)

Attached: 1558730986126.jpg (343x395, 10K)

Attached: kek3.png (3063x1533, 3.56M)

Attached: Firmly.jpg (500x379, 47K)