Whats the best fighting game and how do I get into it? I have absolutely no idea about fighting games...

Whats the best fighting game and how do I get into it? I have absolutely no idea about fighting games, but Smash wants me to play a real one.

Attached: evo-2019-line-up.jpg (825x464, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/520440
steamcharts.com/app/389730
steamcharts.com/app/678950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one you enjoy the most and can get into. None of them if you're one of those bitches who buy them and go online, lose once and quit forever.

best imo are soulcalibur and dbfz but you should just pick the one you think looks coolest because the most important thing is just playing it a lot. not what the "best" is.

So your Smash talks to you?

Attached: 1555195381507.png (221x218, 30K)

Play UNIST, soon to be UNICLR

SamSho is pretty easy to pick up and play, the depth comes more from understanding the mechanics and matchups which you pick up over time. SFV might also be a good choice.

Dbfz is actually fun and is pretty doable to get into on a decent level without grinding for ages

Old school answer ist Third Strike and garou
Current answer is Soul calibur 6; Tekken and probably Dragon Ball fighterz
Realest answer is to ignore fighting Games right now and wait for New guilty gear

Attached: 1565190018211m.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

play Fantasy Strike OP
it's pretty fun and newbie friendly

Nah, playing Smash makes me want to play a real fighting game.
DBFZ looks pretty fucking great. Ps4 is the definitive version, right? Also, are controllers straight out inferior to sticks?

DBFZ is one of the most pad friendly FGs.

Samsho has the lowest barrier of entry for 2D and SC6 is the easiest for 3D. You'll still get your ass whomped online unless you get good but if you got a sibling, friends or neighbors to play against, they are the best choices.

user, Chess 2 is far from easy, only the most knowledgable and experienced veterans of the genre could understand Sirlin's masterpiece™.

The one that you looks better to you. it's going to seem very difficult at the beginning and you are going to be absolute trash for 6 months but it's very rewarding and fun in my opinion. Don't waste your time learning combos, only learn 1 or 2 simple ones. I would personally not recommend Dragon ball for beginners, MK11, SFV, and Samsho are good for learnings fundamentals. But again if you are interested in one game just play that.

In DBFZ everyone plays the same and since its anime you don't have to understood things like neutral or footsies. It's fine but you won't learn actual fundamentals, though you don't need them if you stick exclusively to anime.

I'm actually pretty envious of fightingfags, yall get a good amount of games with more fanservice than any other gerne lately by far.

if you're a total baby then unironically unist. It can be picked up dirt fucking cheap, awesome and friendly community willing to help teach, and the tutorial is second to none.

Attached: 1534641362935.jpg (828x1024, 112K)

tekken 7 might have a steep learning curve for total newbies but it maintains the highest player count on steam so you never have a problem with long wait times looking for a match. its also the game i play so that makes it the best

You forgot the part where all the players are discord trannies that only to want blog about their life.

You can play with pad just fine, arcade sticks are actually inferior in my opinion. The only thing is that you HAVE to use the D-pad, DO NOT use the analog stick.

>Ps4 is the definitive version, right?
not exactly, there are more players on ps4 but it also has endless rematch so pc is fine too. you find a good match and you keep rematching if you want. pc has lower input lag, better graphics, mods, etc. so depends on what you value and your setup.

Well the best player is the world for DBFZ is a gay black furry so

Don't worry about pads vs. Sticks, it's barely even a conversation anymore outside of older games and some specific characters/character archetypes. Just play whatever feels most comfortable.

huh? the black furry hasnt won anything in dbfz for about a year now. he gets beat by japs every single tournament.

I can't speak to now because it was just at evo so there may be a huge tranny and fag influx but a few years ago I was a baby learning how to play this game most people I met and played with in UNIST were cool

Attached: 1562260790404.png (198x235, 71K)

ps4 has more players, PC has slightly better graphics. If you are in EU the only games you can play online on PC are SFV, Tekken, MK11 and DBFZ.

>Wins all mayors this year so far including EVO

Attached: God1.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

I don't keep up with DBZ enough to know

retard parrot. Exit this thread

>anime games don't have neutral
this is the reason why you are bad at anime fighters.

Attached: akygo4go82w21.png (707x2514, 979K)

>Fighting games on PC

Attached: 1560302696470.png (474x477, 216K)

>SIGN
>9 players
Are they all watching story mode or did they get duped by the confusing bundles?

Anime games are fun, but you will only learn how to so combos, DBFZ has the least fundamentals.
Samsho is almost all neutral game, honestly I would reccomend this because fundamentals carry over to every game.
For 3D games I would recommend SC, it has the most emphasis on the 3d movement as a defensive option and choosing your attacks deliberately, not the most combo heavy.

Honestly, I would reccomend learning SFV ryu mirror match, it is very basic and will teach you what you need to know, there is a video where Gootecks teaches some NFL guy to play when the game came out that is good for people entirely new to understand the things that games dont really tell you in tutorials.

And last thing I will say is, dont bother if you do not have someone you know to play with regularly, especially if they are not competent at any sort of fighting game. You will get bored and lonely playing randoms online unless you truly have the drive to be the best player you can be. It is good to have a base, even when you get ass kicked online you go back and kick your competent friend's ass and can see how you really improved.

this is WAY too fucking outdated to go off of.

Tekken is the only good fighting game, the rest is pure trash.

BOI

based
fuck street fighter and fuck niggers

Well, the one I like the most and have by far gotten the most satisfaction out of learning is Virtua Fighter, so I think you should play that. Then start your own local scene for it so other people play it. Then tell me where that is so I can come play with someone outside the same handful of people.

Attached: ReyMysterioShouts.jpg (500x500, 79K)

>Whats the best fighting game
Your favorite.
>and how do I get into it?
Play the game.

Attached: 1480727301908.jpg (975x819, 163K)

Just play whatever you're most interested in. Regardless of how accessible or non-accessible a game is, what will make you stick with it at the end of the day is how much you enjoy it, so pick one because you think you'll have fun with it, not because you think it'll be easy to be competent in it.

have you guys tried out janemba? how good is he?

people won't agree and you won't listen but UNIST is probably the best starter fighting game to get into imo
it's got enough depth to keep people interested while also having easy enough execution that beginners can pick it up

Who is smash?

MK11 is still the best selling fighting game on that list

OP is asking for community based suggestions, retard.

Attached: 1540522178548.jpg (1284x980, 262K)

UNIST has really good tutorial and it's easy to jump in. Try it.

he gets beaten by japs that aren’t mentally ill unlike him

DBFZ is probably the safest bet.
That's most anime games unfortunately. What I do is just mute the server and only visit the matchmaking channels because the rest is full of retards and trannies.

>Anime games are fun, but you will only learn how to so combos
Anime games like Guilty Gear and DBFZ puts a much heavier emphasis on defense than it does combos (Goichi won evo on defense, not combos) and bad neutral is why you're probably getting ToD'd in anime games. The "anime has no neutral" meme is just that, a meme.

That depends entirely on who you pick and who you play against. Characters like Yuzu are harder to effectively use than most characters in other games and if you're playing against something like a Vatista jailing you in the corner it can be very discouraging for newcomers.

this shit is mad outdated.

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- steamcharts.com/app/520440 599/24hrs

Tekken 7 steamcharts.com/app/389730 4430/24hrs

Dragon Ball FighterZ steamcharts.com/app/678950 2150/24hrs

Honestly most anime games have a much much heavier required defense skill than other fighting games purely because you have to get good at blocking the horseshit or else you will just lose every time you get knocked down. There are way more safejump setups, way more threatening ambiguous mixups etc, whereas more traditional fighters like SF you really don't have to worry about so many variables when you're knocked down and you can get away with weak defense if your neutral is really good. You can also survive more mistakes generally.
Its one of the things that pushes new players away from anime, you get touched once and you never get to play again because the most common thing new guys suck at is defense because it requires matchup knowledge.

I can't remember which top Japanese player said it, but someone pointed out when DBFZ first came out that in Japan the first thing they practice is defense and in the West the first thing they practice is offense and that's why Japan was stronger than the West.