What is it about Crash Bandicoot that makes people play it besides nostalgia...

What is it about Crash Bandicoot that makes people play it besides nostalgia? I've never thought it was anything special. I love platformers but this series doesn't do anything for me.

Attached: crashbandicootps1.jpg (600x598, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7xjhs0Uodw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1 and 2 had nice tight platforming, especially 1, 3 is just a lot of shitty gimmicks and boring minigames.

I just thought he was an autistic little animal that I wanna strangle, but half of that opinion is probably due to personal issues.

the art/music

it is a shit game. every first ND game is shit besides TLOU

youtube.com/watch?v=w7xjhs0Uodw

Attached: cr1550449377031.jpg (498x498, 51K)

It's peak boomer nostalgia. It didn't innovate the genre and was pretty bare bones in terms of mechanics. I suppose its saving grace back then was that it was in 3D.

heeheehee

Attached: heeheehee.png (327x480, 215K)

Real answer: We're all waiting for someone to do something mindblowing with the concept because there's potential for kino at nearly every corner.

Attached: kj917041-92dea943-3eee-4937-93ff-4de9584d5140.jpg (720x960, 169K)

They are fun. 1 has nice feeling of adventure
Gems and crystals are nice
Breaking boxes are fun and gives you other things to do than just finish the stage with platforming

It's more of a Mario game than Mario 64.

The microtransactions are now live, and they're about as much of a ripoff as you'd expect.

>Your favourite game franchises is shit
Fuck you.

its about on par with donkey kong country, only your going forward.

Linear isn't necessary a bad thing, it can give a more focused challenge, a lot of nintindrones complain that its dated at has nothing on mario 64, again there is more of a challenge with the platforming, there ins't any moment as tense in mario 64 as there is when the polar bear chases you.

also crash mechanically was the tighest 3d platform game on the market, even more so that mario 64 which was very difficult to jump on smaller platforms, If you had mario in 64 playing through crash's levels it just wouldn't work.

That been said both are classic games it just irks me when some nintendo bias asshole brings up the comparison to say that crash hasn't aged well (honest game trailers)

even still as much as I love crash the only one worth really playing is 2, 1 is too primitive and 3 is too easy and has too many minigames.

This is basically the delusion every crashhead has going on in their head. Crash better mechanically than Mario 64, holy fuck. Its the same reason all the Crash racing threads had to pretend Sonic fans were trolling them. Delusional fans with a Stockholm syndrome tier complex about their shitty dead franchise.

>Crash better mechanically than Mario 64
He never said that you hulking retard.

>shitty dead franchise
10 million. kill yourself.

You mean the one guy who is an admitted browser on /sthg/ and continually shit up CTR threads and still reports them to this day?

>also crash mechanically was the tighest 3d platform game on the market, even more so that mario 64 which was very difficult to jump on smaller platforms, If you had mario in 64 playing through crash's levels it just wouldn't work.

:D
>literally one boogieman

>also crash mechanically was the tighest 3d platform game on the market, even more so that mario 64 which was very difficult to jump on smaller platforms, If you had mario in 64 playing through crash's levels it just wouldn't work.
Yes, All of this is correct. Mario 64 is floaty as fuck.

>:D
kill yourself

>literally one boogieman
You're the one who said Sonic 'fans' (plural) and were wrong. If there is a boogeyman he's a pretty open one.

seething plumber boy

>t. mustache man

It's a good platformer? tell me why you don't like it otherwise I will drop this shit thread for the baity bullshit it most likely is.