O! How I have seen the Dragon's Dogma thread!

O! How I have seen the Dragon's Dogma thread!
Unbound by time, all-binding, grand design,
land and skies and seas yearn,
finish the Cycle of Eternal Return.

Attached: DD_DA_OST.jpg (600x595, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6pjVgE2v3M
youtube.com/watch?v=UcoLNTG1tTo
mega.nz/#!9tYgGCJC!InG3lbLVQ_...
mega.nz/#!9tYgGCJC!InG3lbLVQ_bkdtc9n8nxt4QQuIjy6vkh1m96TFKj1C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm new to this game and I'm really enjoying it though sorcerer spells seem really repetitive and restricted
also is there a way to increase my carrying weight or inventory management in general? i just feel like im carrying too much shit all the time and alot of them seem valuable (lots of curatives of all types). please no spoilers

Attached: 20190806004224_1.jpg (2560x1440, 781K)

without mods or cheats you're stuck with few augments from other classes and certain potions

Carrying capacity is determined by your build. The taller and wider you are, the more you can carry. There are potions later on to temporarily make you run one weight level faster.
The tradeoff with a smaller character is that they can fit through the handful of small holes larger characters cannot.

>install mod that makes everything harder
>Install mod that adds 3x enemies
>Enjoy the game, having a hard challenge on normal
>Finish the lizardmen quests
>Level 20
>Overleveled, can't enjoy the game anymore
>Add exp modifier so I never level up
>Doesn't work
>I don't realize until the lizardmen quest.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can get augments from other classes and keep them when you change back
Leg Strength from Strider and Sinew from Fighter combined will let even the smallest of lolis carry a decent amount

Which mods user?

So what is cloudwine?

I don't know if it's described anywhere in game in terms of how it's made, but from the name I'm going to assume it's wine made with rainwater.

a beverage, by it's name. And Mercedes loves it
God I want to worship her so fucking much, 10/10 character design

Attached: 1000931 - Dragon's_Dogma Mercedes_Marten butcha-u.jpg (566x800, 325K)

She's a 10/10 character in general. I really love the brutally unromantic story of life, it makes her all the more endearing to be determined to improve by the end of the game. I can't bring myself to have another Beloved than her because I think that hope and support she gets when she moves in with you in Cassardis is what she deserves in every timeline of the Cycle.

Attached: 1553374949035.jpg (564x805, 56K)

Attached: 1545967204830.gif (768x432, 1.58M)

How did DDO's story relate to DD? Completely separate universes? Given that it was never localized I can't imagine it having any bearing on DD2.

>tired of eating greenwarish and mushroom
>to lazy to make potion

Adrenaline, World difficulty overhaul and that's about it. Wish they gave DD another DLC. I'd buy it in a flash.

IIRC it's just a completely different continent in the same world.

>Kinda mad at how the game handled certain boss fights. Julien would have been a pretty nice duel if he used the mystic knight abilities, but you just one-shoot him like he's nothing.

The small holes bit is extremely minor and rarely used, and never anywhere important.

The real advantage of small characters is the stamina regen if I recall, but they have a smaller stamina pool and run slower as a tradeoff. You also have a smaller hit box, so there's that.

I can't see myself romancing anyone but Julien.

>not just fucking your pawn

Attached: Paun Brekker and Shouta the boy Sorceress.png (1280x720, 581K)

>Play as little girl strider. Cheerful and full of life.
>As she gets to gran Soren, Use scroll to become taller and more teenager-ish. More muscle and with a few body scars.
>As I progress through the story, change strider into fighter and finally mystic knight. Some companions have been lost along the way.
>Change also hair and more fluent gameplay changed in favor of tankier, more skilled moves, with heroic flashy gear. She is not the same cheerful kid anymore. She is determined to beat the dragon.
>As she beat the dragon, she becomes an old hag who uses assassin playstyle with cheap swords and shields so that can't block that much anymore.
>World is fucked up. Everyone hates me and age slows her down.
>Scarred, bitter and battle-worn, but wiser too, my Arisen walks into Bitterblack island.
Filled my thirst for Berserk for a good while.

Is this game worth getting? I've been looking for new RPGs to play on my piece of shit xbox one and this looks decent.

its fun, im liking it. looks like a solid timesink and a soulful RPG

Attached: 20190807221332_2.jpg (2560x1440, 771K)

Just reinstalled for another replay.

What should I roll? I only played Assassin for 300 hours before.

Attached: 1550008965723.png (1024x1024, 1.03M)

Is Magick Archer fun?
I've already played through as Assassin and Warrior.
>Is this game worth getting?
Fuck yeah it is.

>solo ranger run
>all good until the first everfall mission
>take three years to kill each undead with arrows
>realise I can lure them to the middle drop
>stun them one at a time with powder charge and yeet them straight down the hole
>takes 5 minutes per encounter but totally worth it
That's what they call emergent gameplay lads

>play magi archer
>so insanely busted that it's hard to go back to anything else
I started a hard mode run and am trying to stick to Magi Knight but it's just not as fun as having bouncy arrows fucking everything up.

Attached: 1562600816978.gif (362x512, 1.86M)

>Is Magick Archer fun?
It's broken, dishonest level of broken, but real fun.

>yfw wolves hunt in packs

Attached: loud.png (406x310, 106K)

>play as strider
>get a grasp on controls and combat
>do lizards in the well quest
>wreck their shit
>think I'm hot shit
>accept witchwood quest
>meet this motherfucker

What the fuckdamn? Why the fuck is he so fucking durable and strong? He just fucking wrecks me and my pawns, what is his secret?

This motherfucker is like the goddamn terminator, just brushing off arrows, magick and shit. There is nothing in his soul but destruction

Attached: bandit.jpg (411x290, 27K)

Those bandits early on are though because in two hits you can die, even on normie difficulty.

FASTER

Attached: 1554439282545.jpg (720x540, 174K)

i think the slash attack thing that flings the enemy in the air is good against this guy, my pawns did it. kill all the bandits with him and focus him down

>All bandits are shit tier
>Suddenly this literal Dovahkiin appears and one-shots you.
filtered me a few times.

what does sweaty delicious brown mediterranean butthole taste like?

The bandit chief has great gear. At your level you can’t get through his armor to hurt him effectively. You have a few options though. The easiest is to avoid him by traveling st night but if you really want to kill him, bring a fighter pawn or go fighter yourself. If you manage to stagger him by blocking an attack or hitting him enough you can put him into a full Nelson by holding the grapple button. Enemies detained in this way have their armor reduced to 0 and you or your pawns will be able to kill him in just a couple of hits, rather than hundreds. Virtually every enemy in the game has some kind of tremendous weakness like this that trivializes them.

Post pawns.

Attached: CuteDarkElfPawn.jpg (446x670, 93K)

I hate these threads, every time one pops up it makes me want to replay the game AGAIN

Please, its only been a month or two since I beat the game and bbi again

I beat the main quest and restarted the game on hard to go to the Butterblack Isle. Boy, everything was going well until I met the gay Ogre. What the fuck is that, he doesn't take any damage and hits like a truck.

I forgot to mention, only red vocations like fighter warrior magic knight and assassin can use the full Nelson. If you try to do it as any other clsss you’ll simply pick him up on your shoulder

Play DDO then.

I never met this guy or what? I remember travelling to aernst castle ruins (in the back) searching for a grimoire tome and I killed shittons of bandits, one of them was pretty strong but not as strong as you people are making him out to be. is he easily beaten by magic or what?
also do enemies scale at all in this game?

>DDO.

Attached: Eddy_RRFace20110725-22047-whgkfl.jpg (285x249, 9K)

>he doesn't take any damage
Upgrade/change your gears or exploit his weakness.
He weak to thunder, can put to sleep and torpor, have weak point around between his face and his neck.

I'm wearing a full set of Dragonforged armor and sword. I'll try using lightning when I come back from work.

Where does Bitterblack Isle fit into a play through? I went through the game to the ending once, restarted completely and am at about level 52 now, realized I didn’t touch it again, I’ve just been farming the Ur Dragon. Did I wait too long?

no 50-70 is a good level range to start

Today I will remind them
youtube.com/watch?v=k6pjVgE2v3M

is this supposed to be funny

Cool, thanks.

This is why i just played on hard mode. Mods are overrated and i'm on be last two main quests with 400 hours in. DD is easily in my top three best games of all time.

>Open world RPG....with a party system
>But all your party members are not actual characters, but NPCs made in a character creator
What's the fucking point of all this shit.

When the Shadow of Mordor faggots made the Nemesis system, everyone and their grandmother thought it was a brilliant innovation. The Pawn system though? Fuck outta here with that garbage

>This is why I just played on hard mode
>Hard mode
>Hard
>Ha

Attached: tenor.gif (344x426, 714K)

>Implying a pawn system with more bantz and interaction wouldn't be elder God tier.

Keep you tamagotchi shit outta my RPGs. I don't wanna swap randomized create-a-characters for other randomized create-a-characters made by faggots on the internet

So youd rather play with faggots on the internet?

About to start it for the first time. I’m going full warrior, should I start at normal or hard?

Attached: image.jpg (894x477, 295K)

That doesn't even make sense. Learn English you subhuman

Attached: Magic comparison (Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma).webm (854x480, 2.99M)

Just picked this and Divinity 2 up at FUCKING GAMESTOP for 40 bucks. How'd I do? Any tips?

Attached: Greatswords in ARPGs (Skyrim Dark Souls Dragon's Dogma).webm (854x480, 2.92M)

My favorite is Warrior, even though everyone hates it.

Assassin does everything the warrior does but without that OP dragon's maw.

Give everything quest important and non curative to your pawn. He should be the mule, not you. Also read up on classes and augments so you can grab stuff as you level up. Lastly, have fun. Don't be the autist that goes 100 levels as assassin just to kill a boss 5 secs faster.

>I’m going full warrior

Attached: Wight.png (871x577, 213K)

what

youtube.com/watch?v=UcoLNTG1tTo

Tried warrior for the first time. Made a shortstack female

It's a fun class just restricted it's better in DDO though

I like this way more because I don't have to put up with awful writing from failed novel-writers. Instead I gather a bunch of cool dudes and a cool character I made myself and we go on fun adventures where only useful things like WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS and ALL ROADS LEAD TO GRAN SOREN are said. I feel a lot more affection for my Main Pawn who tanked all kinds of bullshit while I climbed up gorecyclop ass and saved my ass countless time than I care about a lot of the characters I met in party rpgs. I also find the other pawns endearing, hiring a pawn who looks like some dope ass knight and later finding out that he spends entire battles going "you worry about the fighting I'll grab the items!" was fucking great, and you can see a bit of every player's personality in their pawns too

Attached: 1560780595113.jpg (848x865, 131K)

This one's cool and all until someone tries the warrior class and realizes they barely have any skills to play around with when compared to other classes. The number 1 complaint I see about Dogma is usually that one or two classes with very specific set ups trump all the other classes and playstyles but I've always seen Dogma as a "make your own fun" kind of game and it's a damn shame there's barely anything to play around with in the warrior class

>made my pawn a brown skin amazon warrior qt with blonde hair and light eyes that protects you at every cost

Best decision I've ever made

Attached: 20190808230951_1.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

Attached: 20190808230843_1.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

*walks toward you*

Attached: 1532459586662.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

excellent
4 anti boulder devices

Attached: SS.webm (864x540, 1.82M)

>made mine into a blonde buff tall girl with a scarred face
>by the end of the game I love her to bits because of all we've done together
>decide to change her into a loli sorceress for my second playthrough
>not quite happy with it
>change her to young tomboyish browngirl strider
>still not happy
>realize I miss my original pawn
No idea how I ended up caring so much for my pawn but I guess it makes sense considering all the shit she had to deal with while I casted Magic Rebalancer 4 times in a row in the back of every fight.

Attached: 20190705184522_1.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

>*throws off a cliff*

Try every vocation for at least ten levels. They all have use and sometimes they need to be leveled a few times to shine i.e. fighter and mystick knight don't get timed block until they level up a few times. There's a difference between your character level and your vocation level.

>an open world rpg with a party system, with characters you make yourself
You mean like every decent crpg, you underage fucking b&?

>doing Grigori at level 45 on hardmode
>fight is long as fuck and only 2 attacks aren't one hit kills for me
I'm not sure what to do when he starts floating around since he tends to destroy all ballistas

I fucking love warrior. God damn, Arc of Deliverance is satisfying. And timing lash is cool. But these niggers
Made me restart the game as a mage once I beat it. Hoping your pawns will attack the target you want them to is just no way to play the game.

the metal golem is even worse, I had to use the jump mod and later I switched to mystic knight for keeping my sanity intact even though I wanted to use biggu swordo

Except this one has good gameplay.

I admit I had a crush on her when I was a filthy teenager

Strider is good for feeling like Spiderman.
Mystic Knight is like a super fighter without the usual limitations of the melee classes.
Magic archer has a slow start (early bows do little damage) but insanely good skill, so it ends up destroying everything easily later.
Sorcerer for a slow methodical playthrough.
Ranger to control the field with debilitations and have your pawns take the center stage.

Really, except mage, all vocations have something good.

Ooop I forgot about poor old Warrior. :P
Awesome if you like feel like your blow are actually powerful.

literally the same except i made a cute redhaired short arisen and a dark skinned amazonian chaddess that protects her (and doms the shit out of her)

Attached: 20190808190559_1.jpg (2560x1440, 653K)

No scaling, thank god.

>except mage, all vocations have something good.
Mage has Anodyne.

Anyone got that picture of Super Rook? I could use a sensible chuckle.

>Ranger to control the field with debilitations and have your pawns take the center stage.
*Ranger nukes everyone on his own with tenfold blast arrows

I hope they develop DD2 with a focus on next gen consoles. Would be willing to wait longer if the game ended up running/looking better.

I love it too, even if it's the most limited.

Let's hope that now that DMC 5 is done, they'll start working on a sequel

What kinda stuff would you like to see?
>new enviroments (snowy mountains, desert, swamp maybe)
>new weapons/vocations, a sort of whip might be cool, dual swords, proper axes, crossbow, alchemist from DDO, pure martial arts etc
>more bants from pawns
>even more vertical gameplay, see MHW
>horses or mounts in general

Attached: dd2.jpg (800x450, 118K)

Attached: 1538855867074.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

bigger world
more magic
more interactions with the world (ala witcher 3)
more story
more characters
horse mounts
nice visuals + optimization
not necessary but it would be great if they made a seamless open world with no loading screens ala the witcher 3
larger cities
less inventory bloat
alot more sets and armour
more monster varieties

>RPGs in the 80s to mid 90s did it, so its good
SHUT THE FUCK UP, BOOMER. There's a reason why this sent went out the window the moment video games had actual writers and a story that couldn't fit on a stamp

noice

I'd love to see some new environments. Weather would be great, too. That clap of thunder before you face the griffin is such a tease.

Yeah, you have that option. But I get bored quickly if I start abusing stuff like blast arrows.
I prefer to reserve Great Gamble for the situations that my pawns can't handle. It's powerful but has enough risk that it doesn't feel cheap.

If they just slap most of DDO's combat improvements on a new game with more variety in envrionments and more and better side quests and main quests then I'd be good to fucking go. I'd also like a better inventory/curatives system but that still preserves a sense of inv management and preparation since that's part of the adventure. I also want more mercedes

Attached: 1564293060181.jpg (531x1024, 58K)

Most of my pawns are mages for that reason.
But an Arisen mage? I couldn't find a way to make that fun for more than an hour or two.

>nice visuals + optimization
this is a japanese video game company so i wouldn't hold my breath

Wrong image, but that one's amusing too, and it reminded me that I want better customization options.

Attached: 1564283868794.jpg (850x1201, 313K)

hell yes, thank you stranger
would 5/5 star and send back with a kept golden egg

Hopefully we'll get a glamour system like DDO. It's a shame low tier equipment looks so much better than most of the best BBI stuff.

Attached: 20190713144941_1.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

God, level 3 BBI gear is so ugly.
:(

*jump slashes at you*

All of BBI's shitty looking gear is redeemed by the Adept's Hat, even with its ugly side flaps. That something similar didn't ship with the game initially was a major oversight.

just goldforge lower tier stuff. the game is easy enough where it doesn't matter anyway

True, and thank the stars for that!

what support skills are worth picking up from other classes if i'm planning on staying strider?

Yeah, the classic witch hat was sorely needed.

Spear/Naginata vocation, playstyle sorta like mhw insect glaive, but less flashy

Attached: insectglaive.gif (445x250, 3.4M)

Arisen don't age until they defeat the dragon, you autist.

>>strider is a buzzsaw that will tear through most endgame bosses with ease.
>>mage sucks after the first 10 levels
>>fighter is garbo for shitters that can’t perfect block, also loldraginsmaw

>>assassin is a worse version of strider that does the same damage with way more setup
>>mystic knight is fun af if you like perfect blocking and buffing
>>warrior is arc spam errday
>> ranger is bretty gud but not as good as...
>>sorc is fun af once you get the spells that wipe out entire rooms, unless your cast gets interrupted.

>>Magick archer is the chad of the game, lock on arrows, setting itself on fire and jumping on the monster, setting traps, shooting ricocheting arrows down a crowded hallway fucking shit up

Attached: 5C446BFE-0474-4942-97F6-47BE0F9AFA32.png (2518x1024, 301K)

>king instead of duke
right in my autism

Attached: chadrook.jpg (2308x1020, 373K)

these are bad

Attached: fuck seagulls.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

Sinew from fighter if you don't want to use carry weight mods.
Egression from fighter if you get grabbed often.
Clout from warrior for physical damage.
Proficiency from warrior if you run out of stamina often.
Stability from ranger for easier dragon fights.
Acuity from sorcerer for magic damage.

Mercedes is literally my wife.

Attached: my wife Mercedes ~.jpg (720x608, 196K)

I just picked this up for switch
What am I in for?

I want to play this game but I'm too lazy to mod it and I don't want to play it without mods.

Attached: warrior2.webm (720x450, 2.67M)

this

Attached: dragon's dogma switch port.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

>yfw fighting the griffin for the first time

Attached: efeb702a75b5eabbe884829137e0fc3c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

What are the must have mods?

lmao

Dinput and ENB but I have a bunch of misc mods and modding the game is a pain in the ass. I want to try that difficulty mod too.

Attached: enb shadows.webm (1854x982, 312K)

what mods does it even have outside of dinput and texture swaps, it's not like it has TES modability

mega.nz/#!9tYgGCJC!InG3lbLVQ_...
ENB and some quality of life mods

the ENB is very demanding tho, so you better have a good gpu

Attached: ddquest04.jpg (600x943, 72K)

Model swaps, a rabalance mod, mods to improve magic attacks

Attached: DDDA 2016-10-11 21-13-03-16.jpg (1920x1080, 619K)

>no pics
>need a key

i fucked up the link
mega.nz/#!9tYgGCJC!InG3lbLVQ_bkdtc9n8nxt4QQuIjy6vkh1m96TFKj1C8

Attached: Jessica.Albert.full.2533596.jpg (2000x1232, 286K)

what mods
what does the enb look like

mods to fix the shitty glowing effects that blind you and the blocky sky at night

lemme take a screenshot of what my DDA looks like, hold on

Attached: 39-0-1453164263.jpg (1626x782, 881K)

That reminded me of even more mods I'd want to install.
>remove gay shit on capes
>smooth out character textures
>don't blind me bloom mod you're talking about

here you go

Attached: 20190306171746_1.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

Attached: 20190306170752_1.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

Attached: 20190808204859_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

gross

This is the only one that actually looks good, the other two make my eyes hurt

not much you can do about the models when they're under the bright sunlight.

Attached: 20190808205819_1.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

>more skills and flexibility when it comes to character building
>no more instant consumables so the game doesn't devolve into pausing and eating greenwarishes/haspud milks whenever you take damage
all I ask

last one
this one looks better

haven't played it in so long, guess I gonna start another playthrough

Attached: 20190808210535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

looks bad you just washed it out even more

this is how you do graphics bros

Attached: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen 09.10.2016 - 23.05.07.06.DVR.webm (824x458, 2.89M)

Attached: 20181031192532_1.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Oh well. I wish the modding community for DD was as big as Skyrim's so I could play it with 4K textures.

Attached: 1508895819586.jpg (1920x1080, 609K)

I would go back and play it if it wasn’t getting shut down so soon. I loved the Mysree Grove areas with the green lanterns and maze like ruins. I need an area like that in DD2.

Also, despite its looks, the ENB is very GPU demanding.

Attached: 20190808211218_1.jpg (1920x1080, 554K)

what the fuck this looks fun
did I chimp out by picking mage/sorceress class?

resonant ENB makes this game look really good
it's on nexus mods

Attached: 20190808054211_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

Give it to me, your soul, your 'Dragon's Dogma'

this is how you do enb

night and subtle and doesn't fuck with the art style

Attached: enb supplement edition.jpg (3824x1200, 1.45M)

the game without the ENB active for reference

Attached: 20190808212054_1.jpg (1920x1080, 603K)

also forgot to mention the gransys retexture mod, looks alot better tan vanilla.

Attached: 20190802115223_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

DD2 when.

ENB looks like a subjective change rather than an upgrade, in your case.

Jesus christ this looks awful

what about this beauty

I brought out the colors while keeping them balanced

Attached: DDDA 2016-01-17 22-15-05-62.jpg (3836x1200, 1.96M)

Really? For me it was a major upgrade. I like the warmer colors.

Attached: 1009be8cfd389e6220dd3a701de3b642.png (558x800, 731K)

Is there a way to unlock the 60fps cap? Disabling v-sync does nothing and changing FPS to variable does nothing.

Attached: 1565048487807.gif (398x400, 1.6M)

I think so yeah, with kaldaiens mod maybe or some other tool.

wait no I'm pretty sure it supports to 150fps natively, you must have vsync somewhere.

Attached: DDDA 2016-09-16 01-43-17-84 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 717K)

>Brown tomboy

Instantly makes me so hard the material my dick is made of isn't found on the periodic table.

I think I romanced Selene and Jewtits once or twice and I know I disgustingly got the Princess one time. All other playthroughs have been her as my beloved and I have been playing and beating it dozens of times since Dark Arisen came out.

They mention Gransys being a smaller land mass and refer to a continent multiple times in DD.

Like mana from Heaven and the sound the Shegoat makes while you munch on it sounds like the combined choir of all of God's angels.

sounds like you have vsync enabled through your display settings or something because in my case it breaks 60 (according to steam fps counter, atleast)

This looks nice.

Gravity is the strongest weapon, even Death in BBI can't stand up to the full might of gravity

yeah the stupid enb had inbuilt vsync
thanks lads

Attached: ddquest05.jpg (600x943, 124K)

It's great because pawns learn. Now while I think the Nemesis system was great in Assassin's Creed Lord of the Rings edition, I wasn't impressed by it as much as I was impressed at a boderline sentient Pawn skillfully dodge blows and kick insane amounts of ass.

>Made my Pawn Casca but taller.
>Can't control my horny level when I play

Spears, barehanded, glaives, katanas are what I want. As for location, I heard that Itsuno went to Mexico for research for the first one when it was in Development Hell so I definitely want some Aztec tier shit. Better quests.