Final Fantasy VI

I've played 7-10, but never 6.

What should I expect?

Attached: ff6.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6t_uyg_pF8
fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6downloads.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=wFJcwiAL9KA&t=6s
fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/roms/Final_Fantasy_VI_[TedWoolseyUncensored2.01].zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lot of bugs if you don't patch it.

Kino

The 2nd best RPG of all time

A really easy game.

you won't notice them though

Good story with good characters
Great OST
Lots of content - like, way too much, game kinda passes as unfocused at times
Pretty much no difficulty at all

Overall a good game, even if overrated.

Think of it's contemporaries at the time.
Games released in a few months before FFVI:
>Myst
>Mega Man X
>Sonic 3
>Super Street Fighter II Turbo
>Super Metroid
>The Elder Scrolls: Arena
>Secret of Mana

Keep that type of mindset, it'll help you have proper context.

Mediocrity masked by good graphics, like the rest of the series.

These.

play 4-5-6 zoomer

a boring villain
play 5 again

>Great OST
Great is underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=a6t_uyg_pF8
It makes me feel all kind of feels.

Don't play the original SNES version, it's got some bugs. Any version based off the GBA version is fine.

Other than that, great game, great final fantasy story, great magic system. The opera screen was pretty good. Every character is great in combat, in their own way

>kino-posting on Yea Forums

It's a better Final Fantasy than 7 and 10, but not better than 8 or 9 (that being said however, I prefer 6 even though 9 is the better game). The characters are amazing and every location is super comfy.

Make sure you play the SNES version. If I remember correctly there is a fan-translated version (patched rom) that's superior, and I think that version is also also uncensored. Was a long time ago since I played it.

Easy overrated game, easily one of the worst FF's

>all these babby contrarians who started with PS2

If you're used to the franchise and other Uematsu works then great isn't really overrated. There are a lot of better tracks out there.

Whats your number 1?

I did some searching and now I remember. Screw the fan translation, that's not the most fun version to play. The most fun version is the "Ted Woolsey Uncensored" -- that's the one I was thinking of.

moar info here: fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6downloads.htm

Hello r*ddit.

Graphically it's sub par to other square snes games. Gameplay is pretty shit because you have to micromanage espers every 5 minutes for stat growth. Music and cast is pretty great but your roster near endgame is pointless because magic is op

But it's the most popular among """"game journalists and critics""""" which makes it the most popular on Reddit

dont play it without the brave new world patch

it fixes everything

ff6 release version is a good audio/visual project but not a good game

ff5

FF IV is better in every single way

Attached: feelsokayman.png (112x112, 20K)

>micromanage espers for stat growth
The game's easy enough that you don't have to do this. I have beaten it without Espers.

A solid game with absolutely 0 challenge, even when actively not trying to break it and a tremendous falloff in characters speaking and existing in the second act, literally uses an unaffiliated with anyone third party voice to address the party members you get back, which is straight garbage in terms of writing

>B-but muh cast is very big
At least 3 of them cant speak particularly well, that sort of thing works in SaGa when there are more generics in 2 or it isnt a character driven story, but not here

But it actually isn't. Played thru 4 again (after 15 years of not playing it) some months ago and realized how little is actually there when one looks under the surface, and how little depth some of the characters have.

Every game ever is the most popular with critics, and if those games weren’t, then different ones would be the favorites instead. Therefore the only answer to this problem is to annihilate the entire human race and the planet with it so that this can never happen again.

random words does not a argument make

You don’t get to have a choice in this, faggot. You’re rushing through the earlygame with as little experience as possible or else I’ll slit your throat while you sleep.

Every single western journalist claims or has claimed FF6 is the ""best"" Final Fantasy game, just because it's on SNES and pixel graphics

The lack of both punctuation and capitalization makes for an invalid comment.

youtube.com/watch?v=wFJcwiAL9KA&t=6s

fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/roms/Final_Fantasy_VI_[TedWoolseyUncensored2.01].zip

Right there is THE version to play.

Yes, but I like my idea better, since it involves nobody being alive to set the standards anew and thus be giant mainstream fagolas who piss us off.

Now that you mention it I was pretty impressed with SaGa 1 not having silent protagonists, not that they had much dialogue.

I can't remember how they made it work if you didn't have a full party but I'm pretty sure something would goof up when the lines for an empty spot came up.

I fucking hate when people use this butchered idiom in an attempt to sound intelligent. Especially when most don't even know its origin. I always hear it in that faggot Adam Ruins Everything's voice

it is once you add the brave new world snes patch

Large casts work well in SaGa because the games are focused on the gameplay first and foremost, and the carefully crafted characters with their arrays of sharply defined talents and flaws are great munchkin fuel for powergaming.
The characters' narrative is also largely incidental and focused on the worldbuilding rather than the main quest, what makes SaGa characters good is that they all feel like they have a place in their worlds, both because of their unintrusive, yet often bizzarre stories and personalities, and also also because in every place you go there's a multitude of recruitable characters that act as reps of sorts for the various world regions or towns.

FFVI's cast being that large is perhaps one of its few saving graces, because at least they're pretty colourful and do add a bit of life to the otherwise dead worlds the series keeps on pushing.
I mean, let's be honest, 90% of your party members don't have any important reason to be there no matter the game, at the very least FFVI gives you some choice and tries to give most of those their own self contained stories to show you that they do exist outside of the main quest, Umaro or Gogo might not be the most compelling characters ever written, but they're still visually interesting and add some choice.

To many party members that hipsters pretend to give a fuck about.

ATB is retarded

An overwhelming disappointment.
If you played 7-10, you already played all the actually good games in the series.
You're done with FF.

Attached: disappointment.png (1068x822, 530K)

In terms of story, it actually is.

Play an actual.good FF, like 5.

>hype boss through entire game
>BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS MOONMAN
yeah, fuck off.

reminder that you're shit at this game if you haven't beaten this motherfucker in first part of the game

Attached: Intangir-ffvi-ios.png (128x192, 14K)

>hype boss through entire game
>BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS MOONMAN
As opposed to FF6's masterful......

This, but this: I would say patch the evade bug. I don't remember where I found it but the patch is very small:
$ hexdump -C EVADE.IPS
00000000 50 41 54 43 48 02 25 2d 00 01 17 02 25 40 00 0a |PATCH.%-....%@..|
00000010 55 3b 48 80 43 b9 54 3b 48 ea 45 4f 46 |U;H.C.T;H.EOF|
0000001d

The only other serious bug I know of is the sketch glitch and I never use sketch anyway so don't bother with it. The bigger issues with the game are fundamental stuff like unbalanced damage formulas that you can't solve with a simple patch. But as the other user mentioned you won't really notice. If you ruin the fun by using exploits on every boss that's your own fault.

>I've played 7-10, but never 6.
Story pace is much faster, and there's more gameplay in-between. Dialog is less elaborate and involved than the playstation games. Typical cutscenes are shorter although there are several long, dramatic events.

>Don't play the original SNES version, it's got some bugs. Any version based off the GBA version is fine.
Disagree. Play the SNES version with evade bug patched, and maybe others if you really feel like it. GBA versions suffer some degradation in performance and terrible sound quality that can't be patched as easily as something like the evade bug.

Probably the best ensemble cast in any JRPG. Arguably the only FF to really do it right.

>Graphically it's sub par to other square snes games.
Nah I wouldn't say that. I think in some respects it's a little lazier than 4, but overall it's a much bigger game with a lot more graphical variety and detail.

ff6 is one of the lesser ones. gameplay takes a backseat to a nearly nonexistent story. characters with no motivation wax endlessly about their infinite vocabularies, meanwhile dog emperor man clasps his hands together and says "the plan is proceeding as planned? good, yes... gooooood......"

they almost did it right.
Maybe if they'd done a better job building the underlying systems it would have been nearly perfect.

Who else spent hours grinding the brachiosaurus for ribbons?

I fought them for XP and picked up economizers along the way. Ribbons, there are 4 in the game which is all I really needed.

The fuck are you on about, Kefka is a fucking top tier villain

FF6 introduces Kefka way early. He's not the main antagonist, but he IS an antagonist. It's not perfectly executed, but it's still better than 4.

Meanwhile, the main argument made is that 4's story is BETTER than 6. I'm not the one that needs to give an example of 6 > 4 - YOU need to give an example of 4 > 6.

>If you ruin the fun by using exploits on every boss that's your own fault.
No, it's the game's fault for being a broken piece of shit. There are RPGs out there that can handle a player going full tilt. FFVI doesn't deserve a pass for not being able to do it and instead allowing players to break it with a mild amount of brainpower and effort.

its easy as fuck even for a final fantasy and has a horrible encounter rate. i almost drag mog around as much as i can in the WoR not because i want to but because of molulus charm. it has good music and *some* great characters and just about everything else is really mediocre.

By far the best FF game in my opinion, enjoy user. Also wait for Shadow.
IN MY OPINION, OK VIIfags?

It's nice to know you don't care about gameplay but that just makes me think less of you.

I always waited for Shadow.

It pissed me off that I spent weeks restarting FFVII just to try to figure out which conditions I fucked up to keep Aerith from dying.

>uses rhodox rage
Man I'm so skilled.

>There are RPGs out there that can handle a player going full tilt.
Don't be a retard you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't take any kind of special restraint to just avoid using Vanish+Doom to trivialize almost every enemy in the game.

Yes I know FF6 is still an unbalanced piece of crap but the GBA ports don't fix any of that.

Am I the only one who genuinely enjoys playing the original SNES version and breaking the shit out of it/becoming unfairly overpowered without even needing to grind?

no

>YOU need to give an example of 4 > 6
WoR

WoR was brilliant tho

It was a worse World 3 from FFV.

Hey, not every FF can be as good as FFV.

you're right mostly.
However just to defend FF4, it does tell a single coherent story that remains consistent the whole way through and doesn't basically just give up halfway through.
Criticizing Zeromus as a flaw is ultimate retard tier criticism, that is not a major flaw in the story please don't make me debunk that. The frequent use of mind control is mostly just a lazy/efficient excuse for some changing motivations in a fast-paced story with a very modest amounts of dialog. You could improve the story's details by replacing the mind control with some other explanations, but none of the plot points, character arcs, or major story events would change substantially.

There are other legit flaws in the story, but most of them have fairly obvious gameplay motivations, or are just criticisms you make when you forget the game is aimed at young boys. After Cecil becomes a Paladin, the plot just becomes an extended race with Golbez to collect the crystals, with character moments rather few and far between. You have the issue of dead characters not really being dead, but again if you're a 10 year old playing the game it's exciting to rediscover character's you'd thought were lost.

I'm not here to shit on FF6's story, but FF4's isn't bad.

way cheesier story

Edgar and Sabin are the best FF lads, and their moves make the game a walk in the fucking park.

still waiting for that fucking steam restoration patch

>food analogy

For the series, some uncharacteristically godawful gameplay and an overambitious story that can't stop wallowing in its own mediocrity.

mean but kind of true

Also FF6 has the worst main battle theme of any in the series by Uematsu

first half really nice, second half what the fuck am i supposed to do + grinding time