Pop this sucker in just to remember what it was like

>pop this sucker in just to remember what it was like
>feels like playing on the moon
>animations now look terrible
>those completely ass particle effects

Lads... what were we playing for 4 years?

Attached: For Wii U.png (419x599, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k
youtu.be/LdmSwchOE_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The SSBU Beta

Looking at the slow knockback in 4 is so god damn jarring.
Remember when everyone was worried about how Ultimate's knockback worked?

Attached: 1538780374354.jpg (589x363, 36K)

Smash 4 is less spammy and middle range neutral feels rock paper scissors in ultimate.

>Lads... what were we playing for 4 years?
To spite melee players. I can't think of any other sane reason. 4fags swore the game was good and called us autistic for not buying a dead console to play a brawl rehash but now openly admit it was shit not that ultimate's replaced it.

It's weird how Unimate knockback felt so wrong at first and now it's nothing but norma balloon physics.

>The SSBU Beta
The funny thing is that Smash Ultimate has just about he same graphics. Worse if you count certain stages and the victory screen portraits.

It's a complete joke that this game got released how it is.

Whenever I admitted that I had more fun with the 3DS version of Smash 4 than the Wii U version, I'm immediately accused of trolling. Smash Run had the potential to be really interesting, like a platform fighter version of Air Ride's Trial Mode. It kind of blows that Ultimate didn't follow up on it.

Smash Tour, on the other hand, can die right along with the Wii U.

I just hate the idea of rolling/spot dodging. Like, I sort of have an idea of WHY it's supposed to be there, but I still think just being invulnerable whenever the fuck you want in a fighting game is retarded. That shit isn't in any other fighting game.

Smash Wii U is the only game in the series whose Classic mode I never beat with all characters. What a fucking god awful mode.

>for four years you were told that this game was utter shit
>you defended it anyway
>finally allowing yourself to see it for what it is because there's a better version out now

Should've just listened to all the voices of reason all along

Attached: 1393462360519.png (136x148, 43K)

Idk about y'all, but I was playing Melee, like a real man.

This. Why subject yourself to a shit game when a better one exists in the franchise? Like PM.

Ultimate looks waaay better

Maybe that's why other fighting games are fucking trash

Online is pathetically better than Ultimate though. So sad a 2019 game like ultimate can't even message your friends let alone do anything with them. Friend's list is pointless on the switch. Only braindead retarded Nintendo autistic obsessed fanboys would defend this shit but nintendo is the one who gave them aspergers anyways.

Animations are basically the same, nobody really falls faster. Main difference is runspeeds.

Are you retarded or ignorant?
Spot dodging and rolls are in other fighting games.
Capcom Vs SNK 2 even has both. It's not unique to smash.

>Years of "Smash 4 is fine you smelly melee autist!"
>Now suddenly as soon as Ult comes out everyone realizes it was shit
Fuck you. I knew it from the start.

>tfw doing hard mode all-star
>after all the dlc released

this happens with every game
SFV's release had a lot of people r a going on SFIV

Honestly, yeah. I say this as someone who loved 4 while it was current, but now? It's just bad. The only good use for the game now is mods

DKSINTHISISGONNABEBANANAS

youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k

Attached: 5FF71A26-15A4-4DF8-88CF-39CBBA7739A1.gif (480x270, 1.13M)

Smash4 was ass at the beginning, got ok during the ryu/roy update and went to shit after the Cloud update.

people really said this shit was better than melee, kek. even brawl is better than this piece of trash.

If you want Neutral, hack tripping and Meta Knight out of Brawl

No one actually complained about the graphics and LITERALLY EVERYONE complained about the jank, what point are you trying to make here

Yea but it's kind of a shame that Ultimate somehow looks worse than Smash 4 visually.
Something about SSBU's lighting makes everything look disgusting and flat

So you haven't played the new Samurai Shodown yet?

I would Rather tripping stay, yeah its shitty when you get it but it encourages a slower paced neutral game, which I feel is missing in the platform fighter genre

Smash 4 didn’t have any of that magic put into it like previous iterations, mainly because it felt like Sakurai was forced to make 4

I did it recently too. There is absolutely no debate about which game has a better art style now. If you want to base it on one cherrypicked screenshot of Pikachu, be my guest. You'll actually be shocked how horrible Wii U looks compared to Ultimate if you pop it in again. YouTube videos don't do it justice because it also feels like shit.

Absolutely not. The characters were completely soulless and the animations were shit. The lighting looks far worse in Wii U, too. Textures were much worse and for some reason the graphics seemed blurrier despite both games being 1080p over HDMI. It's not as easy on the eyes as you remember, believe me.

>Nintendo “fans” bashing the Wii U
Switch was a mistake

Lemme just add this image, there we go.

Attached: Brawl vs Smash 4.jpg (835x567, 99K)

Mario wearing Jeans is a fucking disgusting abomination never show that shit to me again

no, even then that game is fucking degenerate. Slow != neutral.

>brawlbabies
lol

The Wii U version of Smash. There was nothing wrong with the Wii U as a home console besides the retarded name and no one buying it.

youtu.be/LdmSwchOE_o

>Same model as before its just different
Nigger thats fucking stupid and you know it

This game had the best FD theme

Don’t even argue

It's the most jarring part of looking at any other Smash now. It just seems so incorrect now, like they're gently floating away instead of really getting knocked anywhere. Honestly I think it's one of the biggest improvements, it applies to gameplay too because it wastes your time less.

I feel like Ultimate is gonna get the same treatment this game did once the next Smash game comes out. I swear this shit is just bandwagoning.

Nah.

cope

Completely dependent on if 6 iterates or not.

a cool combo video doesn't mean the game wasn't full of degenerate shit like the absolute worst case of chain grabbing in Smash period, characters who could basically skip neutral, and Diddy Kong having two bananas

>have like 1k hours in smash 4 just because you can play it on the gamepad and I was too lazy to get up from the computer, turn the tv on, change disks, and sit down to play something else rather than just hit the home button and play FG when I was bored
>have no idea how good I actually was because I only ever played FG.
>didn't even care that much about it in general.