Playing video games makes me happy, and I hope it makes you happy too

playing video games makes me happy, and I hope it makes you happy too

Attached: 1537223138330.gif (273x253, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQzcsN1zdM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It does.

i came in your moms ass and that why youre a piece of shit son

Jokes on you, playing videogames makes me feel like shit.

Attached: despair.jpg (473x647, 89K)

Sure does, it's one of the few genuinely valuable things around.

Underrail is giving me a migraine
FUCK CROSSBOW FUCKING SHITS AND CRYONIGGERS TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

then why dont you leave for a hobby that makes you happy user kun

rude

I don't know why but YouTube videos of sheeps being sheared and cows getting scratched by happycow is so comfy and relaxing

Every hobby would make me feel like shit. As long as it's not work it will make me feel like shit. And if it's work it leaves me tired and make me hate my job. I will off myself in couple of years probably. Should have become alcoholic when i had a chance when i was younger, alcoholics at least don't care that they are alcoholic when they are drunk.

Attached: ancient_aliens_guy.jpg (468x410, 50K)

how do you reach this point? there has to be something that makes you happy

Try getting into miniature gaming or rpg's. Browse /tg/ for that. It might help feeling less like shit.

It does, same to you OP!

having sex with happycow makes he happy

Even cows are happier than I am, why the fuck am I still alive.

It does make me happy!

Attached: kot pec.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>happycow
yes
that is a happy cow

The more fun you have the more desensitized you are to fun. In the long run it makes you hollow shell of man i guess. Right now i play vidya because i need to do something and when i play it i hate myself because it's just procrastination and i wasted another fucking weekend, and then there is fucking job that i fucking hate with fucking people i hate.

wholesome thread

Attached: InbornBothBass.webm (480x600, 1.09M)

Yeah but i'm still sad. Especially when i wake up and even more when i have a good dream where life is good.

No. Only listening to music while drinking makes me happy now.

maybe you need to find a partner to share life stuff

It's an endless vice that offers you nothing in return, much like smoking it's an addictive habit chasing the dopamine triggers this games are intentionally tapping into for meager amounts of false progression into a fleeting happy state. In short just play anime games and jerk off to anime tiddies and realize the hobby is as shallow as i mad it seem to be. Happiness is a spook.

Attached: ebolachan.jpg (228x221, 10K)

No it's called being depressed get help user.

it's one of the simple joys in life

Attached: mister pokeylope's happy dance.gif (262x323, 1.34M)

One day we will rely on artificial meat and these things won't have to suffer humans anymore.

There's a lot of spare time in life, what do you think people did before video games? They drank, played cards, and sat around and chewed the fat.

Just eat bugs bro if you hate eating cows. Enjoy your cockroach burger it's the future with less suffering!

What he's describing is depression and depressed people form emotionally parasitic, volatile relationships that aren't beneficial to the mental health of either party.

This post made me happy

Attached: 1554921101169.webm (504x640, 2.11M)

Yeah like anybody would like to share life with toxic piece of filth like myself. Only person that is as toxic as myself would bare it. But i would rather off myself, i have enough of my own toxicity than to deal with other people's shit, thank you very much.

>feel like playing videogames all the time
>know that I wouldn't enjoy it
>play anyways
>feel nothing while playing
>another whole day wasted on something I don't enjoy
It's been like this for over a decade already. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

Attached: cuckmeupfam.jpg (1058x748, 59K)

Insects feel pain and can suffer tho unlike vat-grown meat which never was part of a thinking creature

We're a new generation therefor have new problems. Comparing us to the past is unfair because we have virtues and banes just like the generation before us. You could be using that time to improve yourself and achieve tangible dreams incrementally for self satisfaction rather than big bing wahooing over and over to achieve a state of ignorant bliss.

This cow has been in someone's tummy by now

>insects feel pain
*citation needed* dumb hippy

Diagnosis : depression

youtube.com/watch?v=eQzcsN1zdM4
>Hof Butenland is a farmed animal sanctuary. We rescue and provide lifelong care for animals that have been saved from slaughter, neglect, exploitation and abuse. Hof Butenland is their lifetime home now.

this is the most fedora tip[ping post i've made, but unironically the more you know, the more miserable you get. cows are fucking dumb and think about like 2 things ever, they are just a simple existence

>overall joy in the world : increased

cute!

Same here but I'm alcoholic already, missed work today but I won't get fired yet is because I provide an essential service. Boss is getting pissed though. God, do I want to die.

Attached: 1454620466617.jpg (400x533, 41K)

Depression is a meme. Most of the time the person has his life ruined and it's normal to feel like shit.

Calm down on the bottle and seek help with a medic

It's not, you absolute shit brained retard. Go eat some tidepods

I relate too strongly to this, I think. I just can't get the courage to kill myself and I don't know how to do it instantly and painlessly with no guns since I'm in the UK. I'm tired of even wanting to change, I just wanna disappear.

Don't listen to
Just drink until you get alcohol poisoning in a place someone will find you, then they'll have to care, at least for a little while.

Do you have family? Do you have friends? Do you have job? Do you have intimate partner? Do you have problem with addictions?
If 3 of those 5 areas are fucked then your life is ruined and you should feel like shit.

Pleasure to the ego is just another form of pleasure. 'Improving ourselves' makes us think that we're growing linearly but in the end there's no metric for what improving oneself really is. It's just going in a direction and if what you're doing is good for your direction then it makes you happier, and happiness is the only metric for success really. If you have no direction, then there's no pleasure to the ego. Little things that make us happy are better.

(You)

Sorry, meant for

Booze is the only thing that's keeping me alive, user. I can't go through the day without at least a bottle of vodka in me.

You don't know how alcoholism works, do you? Most alcoholics are stealth alcoholics or functional alcoholics until shit hits the fan.

how is that a fedora post? that makes complete sense

I would say most of us can't be productive all the time. I go to work, I hit the gym, study, cook, and clean, maybe write a few pages. I might burn an hour playing vidya to relax. I think it's only a problem if it's your only way to draw satisfaction from life.

hahahaha

>teehee im a cute boy i want to be happy teehee i hope you are happy user :3
kill yourself nigger

(You) too ;^)

>As long as it's not work it will make me feel like shit. And if it's work it leaves me tired and make me hate my job.
Workaholic. You need projects to fill your time, not hobbies. Projects will make you feel productive and good, and if it's a project you are actually interested in you will not hate the time you invest in it.

they have nerves, they feel pain

note: pain is not associated with any kind of nerve ending, it is how the body perceives nerve damage from severing or other physical trauma to the nerves

Attached: bethesda presents earthworm jim.webm (480x480, 1.43M)

>tfw functional alcoholic
Life's good

Attached: 1549770620558.jpg (1080x1080, 174K)

what did user mean by this?

based retard

growth isn't linear and the metric for improvement is clearly quantifiable that's how humans have gotten to where they are

if my creations are an extension of myself then improving them is improving myself, direction is meaningless and implies your own inability to escape your own "linearly" thinking

serving the ego is borderline nonsense talk because it ignores the purpose of it, and the existence of it's set

read a book you hippy you don't even understand basic spirituality

Booze makes you desensitized to the situation you are in. It makes you not care. It makes suffering more bearable. Life is shit without booze, but as long as you keep on drinking you won't do anything to make your life better.

>dumb and think about 2 things ever

Is this what being Stacey is like?

I drink and play warhammer 40k. The whiskey steadies my hand for painting as well as helps me tolerate the sweaty nerds at the shop I go to.

Nice citations and studies, you retard.

I'm playing 100% orange juice and i'm 5 levels from the seagull and i just want the seagull because his hyper seems fun

Harsh truth time:
There's nothing wrong with you in particular, and you exaggerate your problems in order to avoid attempting to improve your life, because you are scared of failure and you want to protect your ego from disappointment and rejection. So you pretend you're absolute worthless filth when the simple boring truth is you're just a bit of a pussy who needs to force himself to do things, and it would make you realise that it isn't the end of the world when things don't go your way.

I don't know if it makes me happy but it gives me something to do which is just as good in my mind.

Attached: Bore_chopped.png (1366x768, 813K)

My dog makes that face when I scratch the top of her head.

That's why I drink, user. I anesthesiate life life through it. I'm already so fucking tired my dark circles around my eyes won't go away. Everything I loved was rendered meaningless by life itself. I tried so many times to find something but I'm hitting my 30's and nothing. All is just a void, all I want is to wake up dead one day.

>growth isn't linear and the metric for improvement is clearly quantifiable that's how humans have gotten to where they are
I already said growth isn't linear, I'm saying that the way people think of improvement makes them think that it's linear, because to improve something means to make it better than before, which is a linear concept. Otherwise no matter what stage you are at, you couldn't call it better or worse. And the metric for improvement changes depending on how you look at it; when you say "gotten to where they are", I'm assuming you're looking at technology or civilization or whatever, which is still not objective.
>if my creations are an extension of myself then improving them is improving myself, direction is meaningless and implies your own inability to escape your own "linearly" thinking
Think about how you even come about to create your own creations. You do so with a purpose, aka a direction. And even if your creations are an extension of yourself (and how they are an extension is only because that your creations are the way they are because of who you are; that applies to anything you do), they're still distinct from your mind. You can improve your 'creations' but destroy your mental state. And these creations would never come to be if you didn't have a direction for them.
>serving the ego is borderline nonsense talk because it ignores the purpose of it, and the existence of it's set
The purpose of it is irrelevant here. When you achieve long-term goals the happiness you feel from it stems from the ego, because only something with an attachment to identity would care about seeing itself as great or as a constantly 'improving' person. The purpose of the ego may as well be to reward long-term goals. Anyway I'm sure you're well acquainted with the ego considering you calling me a retard and telling me I don't understand basic spirituality as if I care.

>bruh everything is relative
>Hedonism is the only path
Achieving self made life goals offers immense satisfaction grinding out that 1% drop chance item can't. Sure if you don't know what it's like to actually grow and succeed you can put it down and say playing anime beach volleyball is just as good but you're in the same category as people who say onaholes are better than sex even if they're virgin incels.

Is that what your dad said to you?

Attached: 2694D068-CE20-4C14-A33E-2D14386C8950.gif (640x360, 960K)

>waking up dead
how would that work exactly? dead is dead.

I never said hedonism is the only path or that it is superior. I'm just saying that pleasure to the ego is just another form of pleasure, which it is. Are you trying to say this is all objective? Perhaps that satisfaction is superior in the pleasure or happiness it gives you. But it's just another form of it, which is why it's pointless to shame people for pursuing pleasure when 'growing and succeeding' is also done with pleasure in mind.

It doesn't

I wonder how many of wild animals we could have domesticated by the power of petting.

Attached: 1540664133455.webm (720x900, 1.65M)

Not him, but nothing makes me happy. I just play games to kill time, I just mash buttons. And I will also off myself in couple of years probably

>imagine having a cow gf

oh no its retarded

Nice. What army?

ask your father

I quit videogames when I get too angry, and find something else to do. c:

Attached: 1559412864765.png (640x602, 243K)

You know what I mean asshat. I want to die in my sleep but even that mercy won't happen to me.

You're directly alluding to hedonism but are pussyfooting around it. Is the feeling of success hedonism? Sure but it's productive hedonism compared to gross decadence of staring at a monitor watching your avatar run around all day. It comes down to happiness yeah but you're indirectly destroying your own happiness and future pissing away time as you chase the virtual dragon. Why do we see so many tired gamer threads? Riddle me that batman.

Just bee ursefl :)

beep beep user
I actually tried times and again to fix my shitty life, changed jobs, workout, learned meditating, tried to rise my soft skills was learning new things. Throughout the years i realized that i am not a good person and that people in general are not good. The bitterness makes me vomit.

Attached: 1350812351701.jpg (728x1107, 155K)

indeed

Attached: cheetahlicksfw.webm (976x550, 2.73M)

Video games don’t make me feel anything. People tell me to take a break but I don’t know what else I’d do to occupy my time.

yall need to summon tulpas and stop being so lonely and whiny.

I'm an alco too. I don't drink as much as I used to but that's just because I'm broke most of the time. At the height of it it was two bottles of wine every day. These days it's just spirits usually 3 days a week.
Funny, most people drink to get numb but it's the opposite for me. I can't feel anything but anxiety or anger when I'm sober. I can actually feel things when I'm drunk. I'm capable of caring about shit when I'm drunk. I guess I should stop but truth is I don't want to stop drinking. It'll kill me one day and that's okay with me.
Also, I've lost track of how many times I've beaten Max Payne 3. I don't know why it's the best game to play when drunk but it is.

Attached: 1559995092497.jpg (994x580, 79K)

He meant "Fuck off with your hug box" but these threads are rare enough that I personally overlook their existences.

Why are you trying to tell me what my point is and then tell me that I'm purposely not making it? I understand that you may have the drive to really care about achieving whatever goal you may have and improving yourself and whatnot. But ultimately it's pointless to act as if it's more a more meaningful goal than hedonism in any metric aside from happiness, and that's supposed to be the goal of hedonism. So hedonism is just a failed attempt at happiness. The actual point here is not advocating hedonism, it's to not look down on others for going for it. Not everyone has a drive or direction or even has the energy to care about attaining one. They just want to live. Productivity is ultimately another thing that's relative to what your goal is, it's pointless otherwise. And talking about tired gamer threads is ignoring the hundreds of thousands of tired people in general. It is not as if we have a chart to show us which demographic is the most tired. And even then, it could simply show that tired people gravitate towards low effort hobbies.

I fear I'm heading towards this. I now drink a few shots in the morning before seeing anyone because otherwise I feel only anxiety, shame, sadness and fear. But a few glasses of rum later and I'm content, even kinda happy and I can talk to people more freely or at all. Though there is still the underlying sadness all the time.

Try to seriously quit playing MMOs now that I have played them on/off for 13 years, have not played any for about a year or so or less.

Beat phantasy star 1 enjoyed it, Beat Bloodstained enjoyed it as well. Now I dont really feel the magic with gaming much anymore. I just miss my old buddies from back in the day

Attached: costanzo.jpg (500x375, 132K)

I actually hate getting drunk, my brain filter shuts down and I say whatever my mind is thinking at the moment. Got into some bad shit because of it but the numbing effect balances it out. I'm usually broke but the liquor store I go to already knows me and gives me a discount on vodka and whiskey since I buy in bulk.