"I u-used to make games, y'know..."

>"I u-used to make games, y'know..."

What's that? Just fill my car dude, I don't have all day.

Attached: jr.png (504x676, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7I0alr7eHHw
youtu.be/X68Mm_kYRjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"E-ever heard of Daikatana, man?"

Sorry, I don't play anime games.

>"John...! It's me! Your old pal, John Romero! C-can you spot me $10? For old times sake?"

holy shit what the fuck happened to this guy? did (((Bethesda))) buy out all of his rights to DooM, Quake etc? pumping gas at his age... fuck

He has a collection of car stuff.

Do you think thats a real gas station? Do you think theres a Texaco out there somewhere selling canned fucking motor oil at a display rack and has an old school ticker pump?

I don't know, my mom takes care of the car stuff.

retard

he's fucking LARPing you faggots, guy is richer than all of you

A texaco named Moe's Tavern, no less

That pic is old as fuck. He announced his new game months ago

youtu.be/7I0alr7eHHw

that's real sad. if I was pumping gas for a living in my 40s or 50s I would never want to see anything car related again when I get home

i mean, I don't live in USA so I don't know what they sell in a Texaco. there is nothing in that image to say it's not real in my opinion

>framedrops in the trailer

I hope to god it's good and nothing like Omerta.

doesnt this game already exist

wasnt it called omerta

Son, there's joking and then there's being willfully obtuse.

what happened to blackroom?
he's the quintessential idea guy

>3 years ago
fuck i just want to know what adrian carmack is doing

he was actually a very competent programmer back in his day, not sure if he's kept up with it, probably not.
that gasoline globe is worth many thousands of dollars, "petroliana" is a huge hobby for rich boomers, for some reason.

>petroliana
>boomies paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for gas station garbage
thanks, I fucking hate that I now know this exists

Attached: 1536580714960.png (609x960, 470K)

A job is a job, nigger. Quit being a stuck-up boomer.

>Post Romero with his vintage gas station collection
>Make fun of Romero
>Pretend like you think it's real
>Pretend like you think the post pretending to think it's real is real
>Actually explain it as if everyone else isn't pretending

The anatomy of the Romero gas station thread. Every time.

Attached: 1c035eeb3112cd47125fd7ca0e40ce89.jpg (735x874, 78K)

Never assume someone else is pretending. Everyone is either dumb as shit or not, and the former are far more common.

Hanlon's razor.

>gas pump inside the fucking convenience store
fookin el mate come the fuck on

Attached: 4chanfilename.png (330x345, 135K)

You two act like pretending to be stupid isn't a huge part of Yea Forums culture

Pretending or not, you're still retarded.
Fuck off retard.

I'm glad he's back to making games and not pumping gas anymore. What a dark period.

every post below this one (my post) is trolled hard LOLE
u mad idiots

Attached: 1558961590580.jpg (690x720, 58K)

I remember a similar reaction to this picture around 6 years ago and the replies were all stringing him along like "yep, it's sad man"

It is Jagged Alliance with a gangster skin 100%, his wife was on the dev team for JA and now she is with him making this one...
Nobody in this fucking earth can make a fucking Gangsters: Organized Crime clone.

Todd made him his bitch

the gas station, his outfit, and a few other things dont match, he collect car shit. god you are literally fucking retarded.

They still exist, even with the oil (which is not for sale) but this probably isn't one of them.

Being stupid is a larger part of Yea Forums's culture.

>it actually seems decent
good on him for not making yet another id shooter clone

Attached: 1547354896788.gif (330x720, 665K)

says the weeb who spends thousands upon thousands of dollars on anime figures LMAO

Attached: that_s_just_how_it_is_on_this_bitch_of_an_earth_by_doritos_popedbspogo.png (1024x1385, 1.17M)

So can we actually admit this is a really fucking weird hobby

retard

I wish I were John Romero.

you either live long enough to die a hero, or become a gasboy

SIGIL was good

He collects gas station memorabilia you dumb shitters. Are you people for real? Is this a joke? Are you just pretending to believe he's actually pumping gas? Is that the in-joke? Yeah? It's a shit in-joke.

No. He just likes a specific era of innovation and tech advances coupled with visual aesthetic. LGR is obsessed with woodgrain.
I personally only buy furniture like desks and bookshelves second hand because the quality of the craftsmanship and the quality of the actual wood is vastly superior than anything today.
My 100 year old redwood dining room table is magnificent. 9 feet long and a single piece of wood. 1 cut. I got it for $1 at a yard sale.
You'd have to contract that kind of work specifically nowadays and it would cost thousands.
Its just a thing.

Cope

fuck back to Yea Forums faggot

Based.

Kys tourists. Even a pricey $100-200 anime figure is nothing compared to going full retard and buying antiques for literally thousands of dollars to roleplay a job that was replaced by automation decades ago. Now that's pathetic.

>not making yet another id shooter clone

Attached: 1558945175939.png (600x516, 585K)

>Even ... anime ... is nothing compared to going full retard

Attached: 1519666453409.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Kind of a odd thing to collect but whatever floats his boat.

>set during the 20's
Enough to get me interested. We need more shit during the prohibition.

>t. buyer's remorse over his useless antiques that no alive person cares about

Attached: 1562172916046.png (500x517, 81K)

>Romero lives in galway, Ireland
Why? Why Galway of all places?

I have buyer's remorse over my useless plastic anime whores.

Attached: 1519307340237.png (399x384, 198K)

It’s pleasant there. A thin strip of internationalism with the Irish countryside close by.
Beats Belfast, Dublin and Cork by a longshot and has a sizeable population

cheap living
you get all the benefits of being in yurop without having to learn another language
good place to have a dev studio in because there's plenty of code monkeys around
low corporate tax

Attached: 1546790553721.webm (1280x720, 499K)

yeah makes sense that he would have to live cheaply working at a gas station

>Gas station attendents in 2019

They still have them in Mexico and they let people fill up AND THEN pay, so drive offs are common.

What kind of faggot needs someone else to fill up their car?

>Go to poor parts of town
>Homeless and addicts eek out a living being like psuedo gas station attendants for tip of course

Shit is creepy

I have to disagree, strongly, about his programming.

His level design and some other ideas were really good. Possibly the reason others around him did what they did at their level. However, about 10 years ago I looked at Doom and Quakes source code and documentation, when I realized I didn't want to turn coding into a job myself. Well, looking at the stuff he actually contributed in regards to code or bug analysis, he almost did nothing. Seriously the amount of shit he did was almost zero.

Even more interesting is all of the ideas he had that time was spent on that never made it into any of the games he worked on. The themes for quake, Dooms 'story', etc.

>"Fill up my car, nerd-"
*get choked out*

youtu.be/X68Mm_kYRjc

Doom and Quake are quite bare bones games when you get down to it. They are basically showcases for Mike Abrash's technology + Carmack's talent for getting it working on commodity CPUs. Gameplay-wise they are refined, but empty.
Romero was all about the grand vision. The most in depth, scripted, story driven, stats based, RPG mechaniced, squad, sim... thing. In the end his coding contributions were basically on the tools side because Carmack had successfully reduced the gameplay to "camera with a gun walks around a level and shoots things" which he didn't really need any help to do.
Romero eventually left to make the grand vision he always wanted in Daikatana, but it was too ambitious and he either didn't have the work ethic and drive left or he ran out of talent depending on your perspective.

Maybe in his younger days, while still filled with the fire of youth, Doom could have wound up with the depth of cRPGs AND the rendering technology we know.

Or maybe he would have ruined it.

We'll never really know for sure.

>someone alive cares about jizzed anime figures

Actually being stupid is part of Yea Forums culture.