Why didn't this game get an HD port like the two Adventure games did?

Why didn't this game get an HD port like the two Adventure games did?

Attached: SonicHeroes4.jpg (640x482, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iykJu7scX7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

die

Attached: 61081783_10214828022120365_1576221047370285056_n.jpg (356x423, 20K)

LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMAN'S ROBOTS
>flung off ledge due to jank physics engine

No, let's take a look a game that deserves a proper port

Attached: cover-shadow.jpg (800x1131, 195K)

it's not as well received or popular. it also has licensed music that sega doesn't think is worth licensing. both also apply to shadow.

They're afraid of high tier games
Kys

And the SA1/SA2 music aren't licensed?

Becauses Heroes is awful. The writing and voice acting are abysmal.

sega is memory holing this, shadow, and 06

They've started referencing Shadow in their newer stuff (Forces, Twitter Takeover)
We are witnessing a Shadow comeback

Whether it be from music, sound effects, or elements from the Speed/Fly/Power archetypes, it definitely feels like there's pieces of those games that still exist within the current era of Sonic.

The story book games are the ones they actively tried to wipe from history.

Attached: SonicBlackKnight.jpg (900x605, 123K)

Soon.
SA1 is getting a proper HD release on Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (The Steam Version)
SA2 is getting it's HD port brought to the PS4 and Switch (Xbox One owners will get SA2 And the Battle DLC converted to a normal Xbox One game for no extra cost)
Sonic Heroes will get an HD port on Steam, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch
And then followed by Shadow the Hedgehog arriving on all Platforms too.

i remember buying this game and it was all i had for like 3 months. this game is fucking trash

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

NO MORE GODS NO MORE GRAVES I KILL FRIEND OR FIEND

Because it's not that great.

Same as SA1 and SA2 really, but kids grew up with it and muh chaos so it's received better.

they own everything in the adventure games and most of heroes and shadow, they don't own the heroes and shadow songs by outside bands like julien-k and powerman 5000

larp

>sega is memory holing this, shadow, and 06
Heroes gets by far the most love out of any Sonic game when it comes to the kart racers, most of the tracks in them are either straight out of Heroes or have the same aesthetics. Also Heroes and 06 both got levels in Generations, Silver who made his debut in 06 is a regular reoccurring character. The only one that they really seem to want to forget is Shadow but that game is such a meme that everyone still remembers it.

The plural of "Chao" is "Chao."

>high resolution digital circuit with you holding an alien handgun, shooting at aliens, robots, and programs alike. The soundtrack playing as shades of purple, dark orange and yellow composing the stage

They still own the core songs then.

>The only one that they really seem to want to forget is Shadow
Even then, a handful of music from that game was remixed for Forces' DLC

yes but they aren't going to release the game with all the licensed songs missing, no matter how much you think they should.

The missing songs would come from the non-canon endings. That's 4-5 songs out of the 100 themes and such in the game

because it's shit, like every 3d sonic game.
grow up, you autistic retard.

Attached: 5745.gif (220x220, 564K)

>"SHIT ROCK YEAH!"
What did Knuckles mean by this?

>because it's shit, like every 3d sonic game.
grow up, you autistic retard.

Attached: reddit-man.jpg (125x117, 3K)

yes, they still won't. appreciate the attempt at justification, "non-canon endings", when they're still mandatory for finishing the game and the missing songs would definitely go noticed.

"-NO MORE BLOCKING PILLARS LEFT..."

>because it's shit, like every 3d sonic game.
>grow up, you autistic retard.

Attached: Soyjak192.png (702x800, 110K)

go back and replay heroes, its a lot more janky than you could possibly remember

Don't mind him, he's posting wojaks, his intelligence is pretty low.

Real answer: Sega hasn't really ported anything past Dreamcast to HD (except for Xbox Shenmue II if we're being technical). This and Jet Set Radio Future are perfectly fine candidates for an HD port with not as much getting in the way legally-speaking than one would think, but Sega collectively hasn't done anything remotely in that ballpark yet.

Attached: jsrf.jpg (250x355, 63K)

>Can't even reply to my post
>Wojak
You're the one who should be browsing reddit, nigger.

Attached: 6327277.gif (200x269, 597K)

OK

then why were the shitty Adventure games given HD ports but not the shitty Heroes?

If only, user, if only. I'd kill for a Heroes port.

I only ever played Black Knight so I can't really comment on Secret Rings, but Black Knight was pretty okay. Wii-Mote wiggling was a bit off at some points (iirc in the air it was a bit picky sometimes), but it was fun. Still have fond memories of me getting my ass royally handed to me by King Arthur, finally beating him, and then finding out 'holy shit that's not the end'. Never got to try out the multiplayer mode, though, since I didn't have an additional nunchuck.

Attached: 1549510953640.jpg (599x563, 50K)

Do you know anything about new games?

I would fucking LOVE a Heroes port if they fixed the physics. This is the only 3D sonic game where every level was a sonic level, and long ones at that.

Sega made up a rule years ago that all games below a certain score would be removed from store shelves. If Heroes scored too low, they're pretending it doesn't exist

Unironically a good game

>hd port of a game that released in hd on pc
The game already looks good.

>already looks good
>horrible textures
>characters look like polished porcelain

>memory holing heroes
Did you miss that decent-sized span of years where the most referenced Sonic game was Heroes specifically because it essentially had the classic trilogy's aesthetic except in 3D? Now Generations has taken its place.

Heroes levels are in kart racers because SEGA don't own the rights to music in Sonic 1 or 2 for the most part. Seaside Hill takes the place of Green Hill a lot because the rights to the music are held by its composer. Obviously they paid for the music for Generations and Mania, but you won't hear it anywhere else outside a port of Sonic 1.
Heroes and 06 got levels in Generations because they're main series games. Their quality or reception wouldn't have prevented them being in it.

>but you won't hear it anywhere else outside a port of Sonic 1
Advance 3 and Adventure 2's Green Hil level

Yeah no, Shadow had even worse controls especially when it came to the ps2 version.

And sonic battle

licensed music is the problem, do you get it?
it's not impossible for sega to license it, and it's not impossible for sega to port the games, but it would be so expensive up front that it's not a safe business decision compared to most of their other endeavors like shitting out sonic games and pachinko.
for how beloved jet set radio was, its performance did not satisfy them, if it sold well they would've ported future already years ago. they are continually ignoring frequent requests for jet set radio ports because they tried it and it wasn't worth it.

>Battle
>DLC
why not just port SA2B?

Who needs an hd port when you can run the pc version at 4k on a toaster?

One of the Mario & Sonic games on DS also had Green Hill's theme

>those ark levels
>those GUN levels
>those black arm levels
>that cyberspace level
>kill xyz amount of enemies
>destroy xyz amount of battleships
>pick up xyz amount of discs
>find the computer room
>random obstacles and pointless shit in the way when you could just be skating fast as shit
this game is fucking awful just go back to Heroes and jerk off to Team Chaotix's gameplay which also wasn't good by the way

Honestly a port on Switch of the Adventure series would be nice for the portability.

I have one thing to say, westopolis.

Wait shit I mean Central city.
Which is another problem so many levels looked the same.

You can install GNU/Linux on your switch and emulate gamecube games through dolphin. That's a lot of hoops to jump through, but you can already play it on switch.

When did they mention Shadow the Hedgehog in Forces?

they went back on this, they relisted sonic unleashed because they realized quite a few people actually like and want it and then went out of the way to release it digitally for PS3.
heroes and shadow are still sold as PS2 classics for PS3 in japan.

it's okay when shadow the hedgehog does it because it's the entire game and not breaking up normal sonic gameplay

Sonic Adventure 1 never got an HD port though, the Steam release is just a downgraded version of the original Windows port, it's mods that made it into a proper HD remaster.
Likewise Sonic Heroes is still available in the form of the original PC version with mods available to make it widescreen HD.

That's not the game's fault. All multiplats were way worse on the PS2

>heroes and shadow are still sold as PS2 classics for PS3 in japan
I could swear heroes is on the eu store too

it is, just not in america. shadow wasn't in europe so it was more concise to say they're both in japan. shadow's also available in other asian countries, though.

i think you're using "controls" too generally, what was actually wrong with it?

>a proper HD release
>The Steam Version

Attached: DZlL48-WkAAUd44.jpg (1024x569, 56K)

Was Central City the level with the bombs? God that sucked.

Also I'm surprised this game never had an unlockable Sonic to play as. All they had to do was get rid of the guns and make the levels play more linearly like the hard mode or whatever.

Knowing how shit SEGA is when it comes to HD remakes, you're better off installing a widescreen patch for the old PC version. They somehow managed to fuck up every single major port in some way, from Sonic Adventure to Jet Set Radio.

This

>All they had to do was get rid of the guns
So how would Sonic have dealt with the enemies with huge health bars that were designed to be killed with guns, or the parts that required SpinDashing into the alien sludge or obstacles only Shadow's Chaos Blast could destroy? Definitely felt like the game was tailor made for Shadow, the Easter Egg where you can plug in a P2 controller and control Sonic (as well as the other tag-along characters) was appreciated though.

>those ark levels
Are easy.
>those GUN levels
?
There's one level in the gun base and it's great
>those black arm levels
Also fun. Final Haunt in particular has GOAT music and level design
>that cyberspace level
what about it?
>kill xyz amount of enemies
>destroy xyz amount of battleships
>pick up xyz amount of discs
Shit tons of games do this. Sonic has always done this. Whether its destroying robot generators in Sonic CD or hunting through the levels for rings/signposts to get to special stages. Collection based exploration is fundamental to Sonic's game design.
>>find the computer room
Literally the best level in the game.
>>random obstacles and pointless shit in the way when you could just be skating fast as shit
Oh no, you can't just hold forward the entire time. The game actually expects you to have skillful input to progress like literally every other game in existence.

Try harder next time, pleb.

His first level in the DLC has a Westopolis remix youtu.be/iykJu7scX7I

>how would Sonic have dealt with the enemies with huge health bars that were designed to be killed with guns
Just take them out, or better yet just remove the health bars. I don't see how the latter would be an issue, especially in a Sonic game.
>the parts that required SpinDashing into the alien sludge
??? Sonic can spindash too.
>obstacles only Shadow's Chaos Blast could destroy?
I don't remember the chaos blast being needed for basic progression to the goal ring. Again the Sonic mode would just play like the game's expert mode.

>the Sonic mode would just play like the game's expert mode
That still had levels that forced you to use the vacuum guns

How the fuck can anyone enjoy any level in Shadow? They're all the same shit. You say collection based exploration is fundamental to Sonic's game design and while that's true it was NEVER forced on the player and no not even in CD is it forced. You could grab every ring on the way to the goal and still nab every time stone. Now Shadow's horrible level design speaks volumes of course you're not supposed to just hold forward and win. That's not what I'm saying. You're not supposed to have a random fence or box just lying in the way for whatever reason and then a ton of other levels have this bizarre as hell box-like level design. And why is there barely any cool set pieces like in other Sonic games? Like take Heroes it had the cool bits where you run away from three giant stone wheels, a do or die game of bingo while you're rolling to the goal, a race against trains while grinding and being shot out of cannons at high speed, or running down a castle wall fast as shit. Shadow gets I think maybe 3 moments of set pieces I can just barely remember I think one was grinding while running from a monster in a castle or something, using an alien as a glider while you shot at other enemies, and maybe one other one I'm forgetting. But christ this game sucks it expects nothing of the player than to put up with how lame the mission objectives are and and the snoozefest that is the level design. I'd honest to god rather play Sonic's story in 06 than go through a single playthrough of Shadow the Hedgehog.