WATCH OUT ITS A dragon quest thread

WATCH OUT ITS A dragon quest thread

Attached: metal babble.png (320x213, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragon-quest.org/wiki/List_of_personality_types_in_Dragon_Quest_III
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the deal with metal slimes? The games are supposed to be incredibly well balanced but if you kill one of these you'll be overpowered and beat the next boss effortlessly. So what's the point?

Easier grinding when you need it
And usually they'll only make you gain a level or two, which isn't that much of a stat buff. I remember in my last run of DQIV, in an incredible stroke of luck I managed to kill two metal babbles right after getting the boat, I did get a bunch of levels and was ahead of the curve, but it didn't make things particularly easier, I was just a little less tight on MP I guess

I finally killed one of those things in DQ 2 recently. Got something like five levels at once for all the party members

>I love Dragon Quest!!

Attached: 1562233855352.png (300x286, 64K)

As someone who hasn't played any of these games, or classic jrpgs in general, which dq game should I start with?

>one of them

It's like maybe a level or two, it's not overpowered tier and they usually fuck off very fast. It's there for anyone that wants to work on hitting 99 or needs a bit of a boost.

what kind of rpgs do you like

Attached: 1560897796290.jpg (3376x1440, 3.14M)

5, 8, 11, or just play in order.

Just started 7 recently, what am I in for?

Attached: 1564443337597.gif (321x350, 204K)

A long as fuck game

>What's the deal with metal slimes?
Basically a free level up if you manage to kill one before they run away.

>I-IT'S FAST!
>N-NANI!?

100 hours

Like at least an hour before you see the first battle, an episodic format, and a long game.

11 if you are a zoomer, all of them release order if you are actually here to play video games and have fun.

how do i kill my friends. i need their souls.

i accidentally pulled off a thwack on lord jabu jabu at the beginning and won but now im not gud enuff to kill all my friends

Attached: SXj3eoG.jpg (3840x2160, 980K)

Attached: 1561512362790.jpg (422x640, 121K)

I only played two DQs
8 was Kino
11 was boring as shit
Which one should i play next? I keep hearing 5 was the best one

All of them take place in their own seperate stories so you can pick whichever. My personal favorite is DQV since you can have monster party members or just go full human if you want.

7 is my second favorite but that one is fucking long and involves a lot of backtracking. It's nice for a slow burning game if you're into that.

lots of backtracking

playing it as well, 47 hours in right now

>Metal Slime appears!

Attached: 1551524908071.gif (200x191, 18K)

Download an emulator and play 9 on you phone

Then try 5

Pick one with the prettiest graphic.

I'm playing DQV on PS2. Exploring the waterfall cave with a baby dragon, slime and my future wife. Is there supposed to be a difficulty spike here, or is my team just shit?
Do monsters evolve like in Pokemon? That's the impression I got from meeting Borongo again after the timeskip. That's the only reason I'm keeping the dragon.

Finished Persona games, started DQ yesterday, release order as always, wish me luck

Attached: 4bcf2d1ab5fd3cf20404358c9c977fef.png (494x878, 728K)

>Is there supposed to be a difficulty spike here, or is my team just shit?
Not really and possibly. Slime Knight is one of the best monsters in the game so try getting one of them. Very solid stats all around and has some decent spells, which include full heal.

>Do monsters evolve like in Pokemon?
No, but they just level up like human party members, but some monsters also have level caps.

Check this pic out for recruit chances and level caps. It's for the DS version so there might be some monsters on here that you can't get in the PS2 version, but it should still prove useful.

Good luck. DQ1 is pretty short. If you really felt like it, you could be it in one day.

Attached: dq5ds_recruitable_monster_chart.png (896x960, 224K)

I just got the tiger mount in DQ 8, how far am I into it?

Like a little before halfway. Maybe like a third.

I used to grind Metal Slimes on the final castle of Dragon Quest 2 on SNES with save states. Was really helpful to get strong enough for the boss.

>this whole 3 part short story
absolute kino

Attached: carraway.jpg (838x500, 107K)

Is it possible to find a phyical cart of DQ5? Do i have to sell my boi coohie for it?

Cool, thanks. I've been keeping 2 Slime Knights in reserve, so I'll bust them out.

I mean Metal Bubbles of course. ;)

Dang, a long way to go still. Thank you for the info.

>save states

Attached: 1526833992838.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

7 has some of the best short stories in all of DQ.

No prob. I hope you both end up liking the game.

Attached: DQ7 ELLIE.png (600x429, 274K)

Why isn't he black? Are the developers racist? I'm going to send a letter to Soros about this game.

lol

>tfw just bought DQ8 for the 3DS off eBay even though I can easily emulate it
There's something nice about playing DQ on handhelds. I am going to probably get annoyed by the MIDI soundtrack though.

>He didn't hack his 3DS
user, did you miss the years of "no excuse" threads?
You could have had it for free with the orchestral music from the JP release patched in.

>user, did you miss the years of "no excuse" threads?
What kind of logic was behind this?

>Please, every person who buys the games I pirate, stop buying the games and pirate them too, there is no excuse to buy games.
>Oh what's that, nobody is buying the games I want to pirate, they won't develop any more of them because they don't bring in money.
>Guess I won't get to piraty any new games ever again.

What's the context?
I would love a robo bro feeding me soup in bed

>*flee sound*

Explain

It's been a while since I've played so I may be wrong but
>guy makes is basically a forever alone no girls allowed kind of dude
>also pretty smart
>makes robot companion named Ellie
>programs her to do stuff for him
>this was in the past
>after story stuff happens, party goes to visit this island in the present
>Ellie is still there and is running the script to make her master feel better
>she warms up soup and tries to feed his corpse
>soup gets cold
>she warms it back up and then goes back to try to feed him
>repeat forever
>this hits the party a bit since seeing this means the guy ended up dying alone and never actually found anyone for him

This was a bit sadder in the game and I'm missing a lot of nuance here, but I remember liking this one a lot.

Attached: yoshihiko.jpg (490x275, 58K)

slime

Attached: Boobs.jpg (2159x3600, 612K)

You bought your copy off of eBay. Your money didn't go to the developers either.

The pain when that happens

Oof that's sad
Which DQ game was it?

HOTOKE BEEEEEEMU

currently playing DQ and I can't beat Robbin' 'Ood and his goons. I was doing well and suddenly that spike in difficulty makes me feel like a retard. My chars are in levels 7 to 9. Is there a consensus on the best strategy to beat them? I'm using the default party. Should I just go back to grinding?

>I'm using the default party
That's could be a legitimate problem in the remakes since the personalities for the default party are more or less random. Your only choice right now is to grind a bit.
Check this to see what your current personalities do for your characters. The good thing is that the books can change them and accessories can as well. Accessories take priority.
dragon-quest.org/wiki/List_of_personality_types_in_Dragon_Quest_III

It's been awhile, but I think it was a robot that a scientist who lived alone made, and he feel in love with the robot, and the robot kept trying to take care of him after he died.