I present you with the one and only good gay character in all of vidya

I present you with the one and only good gay character in all of vidya.

Attached: Arcade_Gannon.jpg (982x702, 452K)

he's alive so he's already a bad gay character

I still bring him out into the desert and blow his head off with a shotgun every playthrough. That's a good gay character right there.

Attached: 1562465956484.jpg (765x960, 100K)

the lesbian chick had a better story arc if you include her girlfriend from the DLC

Grow up and accept people are different from you.

there are plenty of good gay characters everywhere in video games

the reason they're good is that they're not screaming it on the rooftops and doing parades to show that they're gays, and thus we just don't know they're gay

Mmm where have I heard this before.

Attached: 1559433366557.png (750x815, 142K)

no

It's just a criteria of good characters in general to have multiple aspects. Being gay can be an important aspect of a character, but it shouldn't be the only aspect

>Being gay can be an important aspect of a character

not really

it's not like there are things that only gay people can do. wanting to suck a dick doesn't give you special abilities. it just means you want to suck dicks and that's it.

This unironically, the only decent gay is someone who hides it.

Lol no thanks fag

Attached: 11102937_809881905761024_4688319818834580187_n.png (450x450, 348K)

It can be if it makes sense in the setting. If prejudice against homosexuality is a common occurrence in your setting, then it only makes sense that that would have some effect on a homosexual character

see, that's the thing.

unlike in the real world, characters in fiction are not born gay by random chance, the writer chooses to make them gay for some specific narrative purpose. virtually the only reason characters are ever gay is so the writer can have other characters react to their gayness positively or negatively in order to send some kind of message to the audience. it never actually matters to the plot whether the character wants to suck dicks or not because wanting to suck a dick doesn't mean anything. as I said, it doesn't give you special abilities.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

Attached: No.7_concept_art.jpg (800x493, 80K)

>good
>gay
Mutually exclusive. Also even if that was the case, hypothetically speaking, then he's still an obnoxious, pretentious self-insert for the writer to fellate himself over while throwing buzzwords around like the average impressionable retard who likes this piece of shit game.
Doesn't surprise me though, New Vegas has even more actual faggots in it than the average modern Bioware game.

based shizo poster

yes it does. Do you think that the personality of any of the people on this website has been influenced by their sexuality, specifically their ability to get a woman?

I wouldn't even wear clothes if I didn't have to attract women. Id shit on the floor and be the most sloppy ass motherfucker in the world. 40% of what I do is because I'm straight lol.

trust me, you'd still be annoying retard if you were gay. wanting to suck a dick wouldn't change that.

Reminder that all LGBT freaks are commies following misinterpreted teachings of Marx and deserve to be eliminated.

Tha'ts because he didn't dress like a faggot and announce how much he loved dicks in every other line. No one has a problem with gay people that don't make a big deal about people. People who have their own lives and hobbies, who's sexuality isn't on the main stage. No one minds them. At some point or another, everyone that hates fag has had a gay associate that they didn't want to lunch. And it's always the low-key ones.

>good character
>gay

Attached: dubs.png (874x1554, 1.36M)

So how do we fix the gay paradox?
>character doesn’t flirt with men or “act gay”, doesn’t discuss sexuality at all, literally never would've figured out if the game didn’t explicitly tell you, the character himself didn't tell you, lore outside the game didn’t tell you, or one of the devs didn’t tell you
>Why is he gay then? Why isn’t he straight? What purpose does him being gay serve to the game or the story? This is forced diversity, you just made him gay for brownie points

>gay character flirts with other men, has a husband or love interest, is a romance option, struggles with discrimination, kisses other men, talks about other men like straight men talk about women, etc.
>Wow stop shoving your gayness down my throat, this is forced diversity, good gay characters don’t go on and on about their sexuality

This. Gwyn was gay.

>the reason they're good is that they're not screaming it on the rooftops and doing parades to show that they're gays
Name 5 gay characters in video games that do that.

It really was, plus bonus remnant armour because gay guys have the best stuff.

this is why random chance is the best way to determine this when writing a character. I'm not sure what the official numbers are, but let's say 10% of the population is gay. For each character you create, take 2 dice and roll them. If the total of the two dice is 5, then make the character gay.

Attached: file.png (410x457, 16K)

I never knew he was gay until the threads started popping up. When does he mention it?

Iron Tarkus
Kazuya
Ryu Hayabusa
Deckard Cain
Guile

easy

I think it's only mentioned if you have the confirmed bachelor perk. It adds a dialog option to one of his conversations.

Fairly certain he knows old ben as well

i have so thats why i bash them

Nah, I'm pretty sure when you ask him about himself he mentions how he's boring and no guy has yet to come by and sweep him off his feet.
I think that Bachelor perk also combos with Low Intelligence.