Metal Slug thread

Metal Slug thread

Attached: IMG_20190728_104241.png (471x471, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tt9c0Pq1PHA
limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-285-metal-slug-3-classic-edition-ps4
youtube.com/watch?v=l9d3Le7BbT8
youtu.be/hp2AuRqYs_A
randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/msmia/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>game is called Metal Slug
>there are no metal slugs

Attached: 1495009707594.jpg (600x451, 98K)

Attached: 1559340271945.gif (500x391, 360K)

Fio and Eri are cuties.

Attached: 1459753841820.jpg (2322x4128, 1.64M)

_ywn suck on Fio's fat fucking tits

Attached: 58fe9c49cb8f8eb29739c80eeccb25b9-sample.jpg (666x1000, 88K)

rawket lawnchair

2 is a piece of shit

Attached: c6007dc376525e0a1376bcbb481c5e1f5e6bdefd1d66bc583d9682cb57b95e0e.gif (400x400, 129K)

>he doesn't know

>Own Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5 on the Switch
>There's no Metal Slug 6 on it
...but why?
Are they doing this on purpose just to piss me off?

Attached: 1330650662135.jpg (623x479, 35K)

I hope they port 7.

NO, NOT 7, FUCK.

HEVVY MASHEEN GAN

Attached: 1552421520667.png (1453x1300, 543K)

Why is it that 6 is like the hardest game to get

I have no fucking clue.
It's not even that good.
But it's like, i'm missing 1 game, why the fuck do i have to be 1 single game off?
It irks me to no end.

>that picture
LEWD

Not even the XX version?

This series isn't good.

You're right, it's Fantastic

>An SNK series isn't good
That's shocking, that'd be like a Cave STG being bad

Uhhhh XX is ok kinda, i guess?
It's still shitty but quirky and a bit interesting in some ways?
Anyway XX did get a port, it's on PS4.
But it's a "commissioned" dedicated port like the separate port of 3 the PS4 has.
So probably not coming to the other platforms, at least in that form.

Attached: 346346.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

dilate

Attached: dial_8_0.gif (640x480, 112K)

X>1>3>2>XX=7>4>6>5>Pocket games>Mobile shit>3D

she looks like a funny girl to spent a nice evening playing Metal Slug 3 while drinking good beer and laughing together

Attached: metal slug personaggi.jpg (1024x353, 128K)

Will Shock Troopers ever come back?

3D is an hidden misunderstood gem

>game without the best announcer voice above game with the best announcer voice

What a fatass.

Probably not, no.

3>=X>1>2>5>4
The final mission on 3 is kino all the way.

3>X>1>5>4>6>XX>2>3D>Pocket games>Mobile shit

Facts.

Attached: 1344640488561.png (500x375, 248K)

Convince me to buy the whole series on switch.
Is there good replayability?
How is co-op?
Anything bad about these particular ports?
Which title is the best and which is worst?
I'm mainly interested because the pixel art looks gorgeous and could use more local co-op games to play with my bf.

Essentially if your list doesn't have 3 in first place you're either a hipster, a contrarian, a weird cunt or otherwise someone that shouldn't speak his dumb mouth when it comes to vidya.
There's a reason why 3 is so loved.

>Convince me to buy the whole series on switch.
I won't because 4 sucks dick.

It's a new game coming?

There's one in production but that's all we know about it.

Wait really? an actual metal slug or a cellphone game?

>Is there good replayability?
Ye, especially 3 with the multiple paths.
>How is co-op?
Good
>Anything bad about these particular ports?
They run like the originals, wich means the same slowdowns as the originals.
Wich means 1 and X are really fucking rough.
From 3 onward they run much better.
>Which title is the best
>which is worst?
> local co-op games to play with my bf
Play while sitting on his dick, fag.

Attached: 3649.jpg (639x361, 49K)

I like 4, because i like Trevor.

Attached: 436346.jpg (637x442, 79K)

X and 3 are the best games on the series. 4 is the worst.
3 is great for replay value and the ports are fine. Nothing better than playing on fightcade.

>which is worst?
>2
I like it better than X even with the slowdown, the new weapons are kinda shitty.

I like Nadia but I don't lie to myself.

Attached: Unit_illust_609.png (383x563, 217K)

>which is worst?
>2
okay i agree that 2 is pretty bad, but how is it worse than 4?

What's so bad about 4, exactly?
It's not as good as 1, X and 3, but it's better than 5.

GOOD LORD WHY DOES THIS GAME HAVE THE BEST OST??!!
youtube.com/watch?v=tt9c0Pq1PHA

Haha... ha... lmao!

Attached: drop.png (900x900, 464K)

feels like a major downgrade compared to 3
>levels aren't as big or unique
>not nearly as many alternate paths
>abundance of reused sprites
>new vehicles are just the rebel army vehicles with a diferent color
>all the bosses except for the final are like a chimera with how many recycled graphics it has
>removed Eri and Tarma

Attached: recycle_159.png (842x517, 106K)

I like 5 a little bit more, if only because it has a mecha tank.

Isn't dropshot really good for some bosses?

Eri>Fio

The fourth game was apparently made by a Korean company during SNK's bankruptcy. Which would mean they were making the game without the legal rights to release it until they bought SNK.

Iron Lizard is worst

>wanting 6
6 is another game using Metal Slug sprites
dont play it
dont look for it
there is no Metal Slug 6

What is laser even good for? To me it always felt like a worse HEAVY MACHINE GUN.

I played 3 after X and the enemies are so much more bulletspongey. Did I unknowingly go with a higher difficulty or is that normal for MS3?

Becsuse it runs on Atomiswave.

I want to use Fio's sweaty pubes as floss.

The MG cast are canonically stronger than doom guy, chief, samus, and duke. Prove me wrong, pro tip: you can't

Eri>Fio

brainlet here. what's the best way to play all the games? they ever release a good collection of them all for PS4 or Switch?

I remember MS4 getting in my local arcade. Everyone play it like a week and then they got back to 3. The same happened to MS5.
also, the same thing happened with KOF2002. I guess now it's obvious from which country I am from

Cope

that ost was fucking fantastic

Attached: 1399246363243.jpg (394x379, 51K)

>tfw no cute Fio gf to play coop Metal Slug with

Attached: suffering.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Fightcade on pc. You can actually play online with your friends.
If your thing is console, the best collection is in PS2 or you could biy every game digital on either PS4 or Switch.
Only XX is on ps4 and Xbone/360, but is a little better version of 7.

So I could just snag Metal Slug Anthology and Metal Slug XX and pretty much have the whole collection with that?

New metal slug, when?

X is the best in the series.

heavy machine gun shots take half an hour to reach the enemy compared to the laser
troops are very likely to already have thrown the grenades at you before they are killed

Yeah.

Whatever you do, DON'T FUCKING PLAY THEM ON THE PS2 COLLECTION.
It's pure fucking garbage.
It runs worse than any other version and has ridicolus amounts of input lag and other fuckery.

Either emulate them on PC (with the right "unpacked" roms they run way better than any other version) or get the ACA Neo Geo ports on the various consoles.
In addition to ACA releases, 3 and XX have unique port on PS4 that run really well.

>mobile tier trash made by south korean literally whos and reusing 90 % of the sprites
>above anything
Stop being contrarians.

Attached: ms4.jpg (225x334, 43K)

so Anthology is a no-go? Sucks. That would've been too convenient I guess.

I mean, it really is just as easy.

You can emulate the entire series with Winkawaks or something easy and basic like that, or if you own literally any current console under the sun you can get the ACA releases.
In comparison whipping out a PS2 is actually more inconvenient.

I would've imagined buying them all separately via ACA would be more expensive than just getting Anthology, but there'd be no point if they weren't playable.

>that guy who kamikazes the mother ship at the end of X

absolute legend

Attached: HELLO BOYS.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Is it possible to finish that boss without dying?
Whenever those black saucers with gorillion hit points show up it's game over for me.

you could but i remember it being pretty tough to do so

fuck

just get PC Complete it has all the metal sluts from 1 to 6, only issues are no joystick mapping so you gotta use something like xmapper or joy2key and no custom resolutions.

5 is better than 4
Hell, even 6 is better than 4

so why arent there more indie metal slug rip offs?

I like the original and X more than 3.

Attached: 1526362320708.jpg (710x950, 242K)

XX got a PC port too

Checked. Also, running and gunning as hungry work.

apparently it wasnt a good port unfortunately
i wonder if they got around to fixing it

3 is best
I love 1 most

Someone give me a good guide into playing the games, im on pc

Attached: 1565030434873.png (505x757, 364K)

me and a few friends play 3 on fightcade every once in a while with no problems
give that a shot

get pc complete
or just get fightcade and google "fightcade roms"

Same.
3 is great, but overrated.

thanks

One time a friend challenged me to beat metal slug X with only 5 credits in less than a week during finals at uni. God it was hell, but i managed to make it on the final day

Attached: 1511169017432.png (217x190, 55K)

Because its expensive. That said, theres Kraut Buster

my man

Attached: 1416131852856.jpg (1014x676, 149K)

Jump in and out of the slug for complete invincibility, it will take a while but its completely safe

>PS1 X is my favorite game in the series
>tfw that version has yet to be ported to any other console
Fucking please, SNK. That game has my waifu in it.

Attached: 300.png (300x225, 110K)

lolno, top down run n guns are deader than sidescrollers. Consolized twin sticks with rpg/looter elements is all you get now

Don't buy the second game,it runs like shit,buy the X version, it's basically a DX version of the second game without significant slowdowns and more extras

The second game runs like shit on all the consoles btw,that was SNK fault so they made the X version with the 3rd game engine

Actually both, a new mobile game is coming but a new mainline game was confirmed for all the actual gen console, after this they confirmed again the game with a neo geo 2 and 3, recently they saying that they are going to reveal info about the new neo geo so maybe they are going to show something about the new MS

I miss the army school mode.

Bumo

hmmmmm there are

The mobile game (Infinity) is out already.
Slut 8 will probably be using the new neo-geo hardware (probably it's a new arcade machine that will play MS8, Samsho and KOFXV).

you are going to buy this, right soldier?
limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-285-metal-slug-3-classic-edition-ps4

Attached: 76545678543.png (890x994, 856K)

are you blind?

cope

For me, it's Eri

Attached: eri shotgun.gif (181x64, 29K)

>PS4
Wake me when an Xbone version for X comes out.

Arrest yourself.

it's not dotemu garbage right?

this is very important
if its done well this seems like it could be worth it

theres no developer listed on the site but code mystics did the port of 3 on the ps4 so maybe it will be that one packed up

Can confirm, in beaner country we only play MS3 and Kof 2002

i fucking wish i could find a place near me that had a ms3 machine
there was one at a restaurant we used to go to when i was a kid but that was it
thank god i foudn that one because it was amazing

*Plays Metal Slug like Sunset Riders.*
youtube.com/watch?v=l9d3Le7BbT8

Brain Robot was a kino boss

4 feels really unpolished (new vehicles are just enemy machines with a slapped vulcan gun, monkey transformation isn't really that fun and the levels themselves aren't as memorable as the other slugs, not to mention the game is hard because of how bullshit it is with the enemy layout and stage design).
Music is ace which doesn't surprise since the games dev were a music company.

stop making me want to play arcade games I've already played a million times

youtu.be/hp2AuRqYs_A

Get the book you niggers.

Koreans never bought SNK, stop spreading this myth.

im gonna you dick sniffer

heh

I just went and bought the thing... the book. The thing book.

Metal Slug: the ultimate history. from bitmap books...

I pre-ordered the fully-loaded edition. Which comes with a slipcover that plays a clip of the announcer sayin "RAWKET LAWN CHAIR" and all that... Personally that sounds like something that's not really worth paying extra for, but the TONKO illustration does.

Attached: EBdRD1mUcAAVgtg.jpg (679x428, 42K)

looks cool.
I'll let you guys know how the book is later in november.

Attached: TONKOPostcard_1024x1024.jpg (1024x733, 84K)

Comes with some exclusive illustrations that are probably already available on randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/msmia/index.html

But there are these interviews that I'm very interested in. The more insight I can get from the developers the better.

Attached: ngfreak9907-stone.jpg (8024x5893, 859K)

>there is no limit to this item
>literally giving this shit out to scumbag scalpers
I hate LMG so fucking much.

Attached: 9cb.gif (500x281, 1.97M)

Same here. I have an attachment of sorts to the original. 3's praise is well earned and I won't fault people that rate it as their favorite or put it on top of a list, but the attachment for me is not there. Plus the original feels different, not in terms of controls (it's a little jank when compared to future entries), but in terms of atmosphere. The final mission of 1 is pure kino to me, what with the stolen slugs at the start, the blown up one throughout the level, and the part on the ship. The final missions of 2/XX and the rebel section of 3 are good. The ayy lmao and weird beast sections in the other games are absolutely great, but it's a different kind of feeling if that makes sense.

Still in the end, it's all great, just in different flavors and Morden did nothing wrong.

I liked that port too for the extras, also if you listen carefully mission 3's boss has a slightly different version of Final Attack for some reason.

It's up on sale for psp/vita/ps3 on the playstation store. When it goes on sale you can get it for like $3, but normally it's around $6.

I'm a bit assblasted it's not on ps4. I do have a vita, but it's got a nip account. I do have a PSTV, but I'd have to factory reset the thing, and connecting it to the store would demand an update which I don't exactly want. Also forgot the password for my regular account.

I was super tempted for it, and thought it'd finally be my chance to play the home version of 3 and its mini games, but it's based on the ACA version. Nothing wrong with the ACA version, those ports are actually good arcade ports, but I wanted to try out the bonus stuff of the home release.

aw man the slipcase looks cool, it's an Item i'd like to have in my collection and occasionally hit the H

I bought the neo geo history book from them when it came out (the one that came with the mini posters), but I forgot do the charge in full for the preorder at check out or when it ships?

they charge'd me as soon as i ordered it.

Attached: おジャ魔女どれみ♯ 第08話「時間を越えて、おんぷママの秘密を探せ!」( (640x480, 183K)

Emulate metal slug anthology on wii. They include 1-6 and somehow fixed the slowdon issues for 1 and 2

redpill me on why beaners only play kof2002

Whoah, big!

Its the most common arcade and everyone played it so it's hard to change to another game, before and after.
Now that I think about it, KOF97 was also another arcade full of kids and grow ups when I was a kid.

Well, I'm not the mexican king so I can't speak for everyone but:
There's a bunch of hacked versions of it.
Every arcade has it (after 2003, you needed an special arcade machine to run kof)
Very balanced roster
very active community

Mexicans always loved KOF and KOF2002 is basically the ultimate version of all games prior of it.

it was a pretty common game
went back to basic 3v3 fights without shit like strikers
roster is like 98, sort of a "everyone is here" including favorites like orochi team and vice/mature
The Cancel system was neat
Broken as shit

Funnily enough KOF2002 is to KOF 98 what Metal Slug 4 is to 3.

KOF 98 is the best and most SOULFUL version of the game it feels polished and made with love. you can tell that the budget and care went down a lot in KOF 2002 because by then, i think it was already PLAYMORE by then.

nah, I would say is more like KOOF2002 is to KOF98 what Metal Slug 6 is to 3.

The fact that it was playmore is not as critical as you may think rahter than the fact that it was the point in time in it was just starting to get its bearings with the leftover scraps that were leftover the bankruptcy.

When the bankruptcy happened a ton of developers left (can't feed yourself or yourfamily if you're not getting paid) and tried their luck elsewhere. The IPs were bought up by Aruze, a nip pachinko company. Whatever few developers were left (it was so few that it was basically just a section of one floor) were tasked to developing Pachinko stuff out of the IPs.

Playmore is nothing more than Eikichi Kawasaki making another company to get back the SNK IPs whether it's through buying or suing for them. All of that in turn cost a lot of money.

After that he was left with the IPs, the skeleton crew and a bunch of pachi stuff. Basically the only thing to was make do with what was left over and do what you can to stay afloat. Since the crew was so small some games did get outsourced to varying degrees and shit was recycled a lot, and since the small amount of developers that were there had been working and pachi stuff, and you has this pachi stuff left over, you make do with it.

Anything you hear about playmore deliberate fucking shit up, it being a Korean company or whatever is just people pulling shit out of their ass. Some people get so butthurt about the pachi stuff and the apparent dry spell that came with it that they just pull shit out of their ass. Either that or they blame the mobile games when it's largely thanks to the mobile games that SNK was able to develop XIV and what came after. The chinks that bought them in 2015 when XIV was already in the works sure gave them orders more recently, but as for the development of stuff they DIDN'T give them shit.

Fuck, that's neat.

ur mincemeat

>implying I didn't immediately get the Fully Loaded Edition as soon as I got the email saying pre-orders were up

>It runs worse than any other version and has ridicolus amounts of input lag and other fuckery.
nigga, that's the psp version
the ps2 version has wonky loading
the wii version removes some visual effects, has stupid control schemes, and has the same wonky loading

*shivers*

Attached: sad.jpg (160x150, 19K)

I wanna give her the metal fug

i get so hard thinking about it, i just want to plow her with my metal duck

Attached: ids diohhhpng.png (471x471, 60K)

MS1's credits sequence can't be topped

thats true

You niggers did good.

Attached: I gazed upon you eyes and knew you were my nigger.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

Me too. I just the new Metal Slug is 2D instead of 3D.

Attached: 1550142684053.jpg (800x800, 115K)

Some guy in the last thread said he was having trouble with the meteor aliens in MS3 so I posted some advice but then the thread died.

Reposing just in case my dude is here:
>Near the crash site are three zombie doctors. Kill two of them, then let the last one zombify you, then kill him but DON'T pick up the cure. If you want you can wait for him to get a bit closer before you kill him.
>When the meteor summons his boys, wait for them to start moving, then vomit blood on them and start racing toward the cure. That will kill about half of them. After you reach the cure, since half of them are dead, the game should spawn a bunch of grenades. Pick 'em up, turn around, and throw them at the aliens until they're dead.
>Time it right and you can get all of them with this trick. It's mostly consistent.

Also, Eri best girl.

Not that user, but that boss has given me a bit of trouble in the past. How many times is a good amount for puking on them? I feel like I puke blood on them one too many times and get my ass handed to me by one of their energy orbs. Other than that section of that boss I generally don't have any trouble or get touched until the final mission. Unless the sun god or whatever it is decides to be a dickback and fires a bunch of the yellow projectiles.

To play Metal Slug on PC:
>Use MAME for 1/2/X/3/4/5
>Steam versions of 1 to 3 if you want online coop
>6: either play Metal Slug Collection(at a shit resolution) or emulate Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii or PSP
>7: emulate on desmume
>XX: Steam port

>Mame
Can you overclock the games to reduce lag like with FBA?
2 is much more enjoyable with 200% overclock.

Once is enough, takes out half of them; then you race across to the other side, grab the grenade care package, and spam your whole supply. Done right the whole thing's over in like 10 seconds.

This is assuming normal difficulty and modifiers, of course. If you're playing on the hardest settings, I don't know how it pans out.

>The MG cast are canonically stronger than doom guy, chief, samus, and duke. Prove me wrong, pro tip: you can't
100% right. Only ones without power armor and 1cc only to take on ayy lmaos

Attached: 1534396729730.png (1100x1150, 1.02M)

Attached: Fio.jpg (684x958, 150K)

Attached: 1533233232633.jpg (541x800, 315K)

The one who called the aliens right?

>beat entire armies, monstrous machineries, alien spaceships and their leader, hordes of robots, cultists monsters and spirits, alien predators and soldiers from the future.
>just with a pistol, grenades and a tank

>Ralph is the only one who can take more than one hit
You guys conveniently forgot about that.

The fact of the members of Ikari team fighting head to head with gods on KOF tell something about the millitary in their world.

he gets HALF the ammo from weapons though.

i like metal slug attack

He can just PUNCH tanks and mechs.

my condolences

Attached: shockd fio.png (420x420, 5K)

>MG
Metal Glug?

shameful