Super Mario Odyssey

Thoughts?

Attached: Super Mario Odyssey.jpg (767x1200, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PCc2JRS_EBc&list=PL4mpQxTY0DZfA5usrYpoc2WjSMc7Orrli&index=59&t=121s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good but not as good as 1, 2, 3, world, 64, sunshine, or galaxy 1.

So it's not good at all then?

galaxy 1 and 2 are better

why?

it's better than galaxy 1 and 2 but not better than 64 and sunshine

no, it's just that those are better.
not bad on its own.

It was fun. I honestly thought I had outgrown Mario games before I played this. The game's version of Bowser castle pleased my inner weeb.

Attached: sans-titre.png (1000x562, 1.04M)

its technically better than sunshine, sunshine's structure is shit and makes all the stars useless other than the 7 first of each level, and the final level is kinda shitty, but the game's theme is comfy and consistent, while odyssey is all over the place. and if you actually enjoy playing, you won't mind getting stars even if they're useless, so maybe

The movement mechanics wasn't for me, or maybe I'm just saying this because I didn't spend enough time learning them.

like the level love the music

youtube.com/watch?v=PCc2JRS_EBc&list=PL4mpQxTY0DZfA5usrYpoc2WjSMc7Orrli&index=59&t=121s

>minigames are harder than the actual platforming challenges.
Any game that does this is a failure as a platformer.

Second best Mario game, only Galaxy 2 is better

The design choice to make the game piss easy and have the difficulty come from finding obscure random ass moons is pretty shit but it's fun. Just wish there was a game with the same mechanics and quality that was actually challenging. Never felt like more of a manchild demolishing this game, even if it was for kids, platformers that came out 2 decades ago were harder and just as rewarding. See banjo.

Good but short.
>B-But 900 moons!!!
Not fun to collect if they don't give you a feeling of progress like in the main story.

This is precisely the sentiment I came looking for.

Galaxy 2 > Galaxy 1 > Odyssey > Sunshine > 64
But they are all amazing games, so just because 64 is last doesn’t mean I think it’s garbage.

sunshine's a good game but doesn't match up to most other 3D mario games. galaxy and galaxy 2 are much better.

overworlds feel empty. this is especially noticeable in the very first world you enter, toastarena. compare any of sunshine's or 64's levels to the ones in odyssey, they're so much better and full it's not even funny. honestly, how did they mess it up so badly? what was the thought process behind making so many empty worlds?

I hope they go with a sequel, much like Galaxy 2, and flesh out more of the game

I disagree, the slow & simplistic movement and linear progression of galaxy 1 & 2 is just awful. Galaxy 1 in particular has a lot of awful stars too (purple coins) and galaxies that make you redo the same shit over and over (Dusty Dune).

I judge these games from a speedrun perspective though, since that's what I do with them. So I value the pacing and controls of a game more than most people might. There's like a full minute of waiting between each star in the galaxy games.

It's no disasterpiece.
It's a masterpiece.

Fun platforming and controls are tight as fuck with great art for 90% of the levels with New Donk being the only mediocre level. Only problems are the games dog dick easy, moons are everywhere so it doesn't feel like you've done anything meaningful by collecting them and the moons take you out of the overworld way too often into an immersion breaking void or some random location.

What's a good challenging 3D Platformer?

Psychonaughts

Most 3D platformers are easy or middling difficulty, the only real challenge I've had from one was through rom hacks of sm64 but even there it's more because of jank in the gameplay or a really bullshit glitch you have to pull off like repeated firsties or really far off precise BLJs

64 is better. Odyssey is forgettable but it does have 1 thing going for it and that is being the only title on the switch being worth 60 dollars. It is a brand new game with effort put into it. While all the other games on the switch are ports, remakes, reused assets which is just half-assed.