Mario Maker 2 shill and chill

post em boys
K1G-F5R-6NG - Thwomps Haunted Hidey Hole
not my best level, but I had fun making it.

Attached: 20190808_100937.jpg (157x302, 32K)

Please play my levels and send feedback.

“Free the Wind” is the level I care the most right now. Everyone who played die too soon, they can’t even reach the red pipe when it isn’t hard at all. It’s not even something subtle, I make it so obvious for them and still it has a 0/24 clear rate.

It just can’t be THAT hard.

Please play it and send feedback.

Attached: 6A5A319A-E500-48B1-B123-D7B0B4261DE9.jpg (1283x2800, 1.2M)

Shilling my new stage again
Palace of Fire and Ice: RG9-669-B5G
You traverse a castle by changing from the hot to the cold part to open up the other half.

Other stages:
The Floating Isle: HLW-WPP-LFG
Lumber Tower: N7X-9BX-YKF
Bone Voyage: RW5-5D0-DTG
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G

Comment with a stage if you want an opinion on it

Attached: Palace of Fire and Ice.jpg (680x383, 88K)

>NEW: The Rapture (Super Expert)
RSB-4J2-91H

>High up in the Sawblade Skies (Super Expert)
41W-GR9-SRF

>Cash Money, Honey! (Easy)
X9Y-S96-M7G

>For the benefit of Mr. Koopa (Expert)
NRJ-TMV-RGF

>Bowser's Meat Factory (Super Expert)
3HX-9V3-9YF

>The Great Ice Wall (Expert)
1JW-06Q-2FF

>its a tech jump level

Attached: BACKWARDS LONG JUMPS.png (908x960, 1.11M)

>its a super expert LOLSOHARD level with literally no attempt at making it look nice

As always, shilling from work, but when I get home I see who played my stuff and spread the likes.

I have eleven stages. Here are four:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Desert Station Infiltration
NM8-80Q-LTG
Intruder alert! Fight to survive! Can you take down the mothership?

30m Challenge (Newest)
Y7L-35L-RBG
Give yourself just 30m to make a level. Rough edges, but try a speedrun!

I suck at puzzle levels, but I'll give it a shot.

Managed to beat Free the Wind.
The beginning felt like it was needlessly convoluted. Why do you have to bring the Goombud trough 5 rooms with 20 arrows pointing up and down? Why is there a fakeout room that laughs at you, why is there an useless checkpoint?
Dying in the 2nd section also means having to redo the whole Goombud section.
It can also be annoying how you have to wait for the slow twister every time you want to enter a new section. I can imagine how some gave up because they didn't want to wait again not because it was too hard.
In the end, the stage still had a neat idea and some nice challenge rooms, but you could've cut a lot of the fat and streamlined things because the stage definitely wasn't too short.

Mario should've been facing the other direction.

>Why is there a fakeout room that laughs at you.
It’s actually a hint to get the key to the shortcut. grab the goomsprout and throw it to the goal, the third noteblock has the key
>Why is there an useless checkpoint?
Honestly it was just a decoration

He's backwards long jumping, and Shadow was going behind sonic in the original cutscene

Attached: 1538186297883.png (306x434, 111K)

Got inspired to make a level somewhat based on ff14's Moonfire Faire parkour challenge, it's unforgiving and has pretty tight jumps but I feel it channels the same frustration.
The Climb EX: MB4-SS1-NHG

Also posting this level from a while back cause no one's managed to beat it and perhaps there is a fresh batch of masochists like myself.
Chain Chomp Romp: 5MP-F23-SHG

Enjoyed your stages. I think li liked Defeat the Fleet out of them the most. Drew you a Bob-omb and followed!

>Blue Sky Racer!
You're late to the race, time to pull some dirty moves to get ahead.
RBY-7H0-LHG

Attached: Blue Sky Racer!.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

>level has a 60% like ratio
>enters popular level list
>few hours later down to barely above 30% like ratio

every single time

>has 20% clear rate
>gets onto popular list
>down to 5%

What kind of level are ya'll working on right now?

A night mode ghost house level with lakitus.

Somehow I missed your 2 most recent courses - I think I had mixed up Soles with another course and thought I'd played it. Regardless they're both really fun man, they have a great sense of momentum

Fun course until you give direction arrows pointed down to death, lost my there. Also the ghosts would sometimes be invisible if they were inside Thwomps which was annoying.

Why do red coin challenge levels use two checkpoints one after the other connected by a pipe?
Wouldn't just one be enough?

Nevermind

>Made this map specifically to be impossible to fail
>Noone has completed it

301-HV6-V3G

Attached: Where+do+i+get+one+_beea06bba6a03381e7e51090894d63c4.jpg (1000x855, 110K)

I kept waiting for it, thinking surely the next room will instantly kill me, but no
Not sure man.

I mean, to be honest, it's a cute little story level and all, but you don't really do anything. At least let me hop on some goombas and grind them to goomba powder or something.

My levels:

NEW
1-1 A new day
HVP-X64-JWF
I'm trying to make a whole 'game' of traditional levels. Starting with a short and easy one. Would love feedback on its difficulty and fun factor.

Comfy Boots
78J-52J-WLF
An easy level about using Goomba Shoes in different ways.

Shoe me your moves!
YHD-278-SBG
A short and hard speedrun all about jumping from boot to boot. The clear rate is lower than I thought.

Hike in the clouds
FT5-0SF-06G
Should be pretty straightforward and easy, not sure why the clear rate is so low.

Lift me up
KT2-MSG-1FG
A don't-touch-the-groud level centered around lifts, where you move from lift to lift and avoid spikes and cannonballs to get to the goal. True ending for the braves.

Memories in the Dark
M0W-G89-2NG
A series of platforming sections, but you have to play each section twice: once at day time and one in the dark! Red coins are optional

Clawin' around
NMJ-GT2-2CG
Hard and long 'don't touch the ground' course with claws

The trials of Mario
LQB-2RN-RVF
6 rooms where you use a powerup to get to the exit

Buzzy Shell Ridin'
879-GL8-56G
Long-ish course all about riding buzzy beetle shells

The metal colossus
LML-WF3-KTG
Easy themed level, climb the giant robot's body and disable its engine

I'll play some of your levels now.

>thought I'd fucked up and needed a key from somewhere in the car so I reset, killed all the goombas in the pen (to look for a key) and accidentally died to the car exhaust
never underestimate the player's stupidity

>spend days making quality levels
>no one plays them
>fuck it stress relief level #865
>no one plays it
Convinced the only way to succeed is if you have youtuber clout.

Attached: 1524900984192.png (666x936, 647K)

Not sure how you manage to have NO ONE play your levels. The new course queue alone should guarantee you at least one or two plays.

>work really hard on a level that I really like
>everyone hates it

because unless you shill the fuck out of your level, are japanese, or make auto level #9065 no one gives a shit

prove it

Sawblade Skies is pounding my pussy.
But I'm at the checkpoint I feel like I can't give up but fuck that second part sawblade climb section.

Attached: 1560219129635.png (495x512, 245K)

Frozen Frigate
HNQ-8MQ-6GF

I like making compact courses that are neat to look at.

Nice level. I enjoyed the themeing.

I hit start over on accident cause I wanted to draw a shitty meme I guess I concede.

Attached: 1562375687479.gif (450x248, 2.34M)

>giving up, ever

I'll give it a shot again when I've rested a bit, once you get to the point where you feel like your skills are regressing it's best to come back and try again later.
Fun level though, pretty fair challenge.

True, at some point you actually become worse again

New very challenging precision level, NSMBU proficiency recommended
W6D-0YY-WPG

>Ouch
MGL-GVN-3LF
>Be A Furry :)
W2D-MDQ-XSG

My newest courses:
>Trees ‘n Bees 2: Dune to Beesiness
M41 - 2PW - L0G
The sequel to a personal favorite stage of my own that I made some time ago. Includes lots of goodies and ways to tackle obstacles. Much like the first one, if you can find and keep the sequential powerup (this time the cat suit) you’ll be rewarded with speed and fat stacks of coins. Shouldn’t be very difficult, and is very speedrun friendly if you know your 3DW moveset.
>Trees ‘n Bees
6R3 - YP6 - NNG
The original if you care to play it too.

>Wet & Wild Woodlands
CSM - H8V - NYG
A traditional SMW forest stage featuring rising water, goombuds, and Yoshi. I put a lot of effort into the aesthetics on this one. The slope limit was giving me trouble in the sub area but I hope the tedium was worthwhile.

Attached: cede1dc1a5ea8d5d8e7b42308e9365a8.jpg (460x712, 75K)

That's too many and judging by your preview it'll probably be the same thing again but with poison instead of spikes. So like 28 jumps in a row.

Played Free the Wind yesterday and honestly I just couldn't be bothered to beat it.
Everything takes so long that it feels like a chore to play, and if you die at all you have to do the same chores over again.
The fact that your clear check time is 8 minutes should be a sign that you need to trim some fat here and there, and maybe add a checkpoint that has a more purpose.

Enjoyed this one.
By "pull some dirty moves", I assume it was intentional to allow players to fly off the bottom of the screen?
You can avoid most of the obstacles by doing so.

>clear check time is 480 seconds out of 500 you can have
wew

How can I check where and how the people who played my level died?

You only see the last death location of every person, but it's the little X at the bottom left

there's a little white text bubble thing with an X in it, you can see it with that

There's a checkpoint. 4 wide (poison) is also less lenient than 5 wide with desert wind. It's made to be a very hard precision level, you're really going to tell me that it's too hard? ;^)

If there's a cp I might try again but not today, work was awful and I'm too tired already

Thanks. I never noticed that button.
IT's pretty interesting to see what kills people the most, some times it's as expected (like, I have a speedrun level where you need to sync up with some cannon balls shot at the start of the level so if you mess up the timing somewhere along the line, you're bound to die at the end, and a lot of deaths are in that part) but others are somewhat baffling (like people dying at the first small gap of the level).

You could have a flat ground level with 1 goomba on it and see a lot of X near it

>Hike in the clouds
>FT5-0SF-06G
>Should be pretty straightforward and easy, not sure why the clear rate is so low.
Could've been me trying to get the record
But 15% is usually "easy to medium"

I have levels where people died in places that shouldn't be possible to die. Even with 500 seconds people run out of time in levels that can be cleared in 40''

Clear rate doesn't mean all that much. First of all it doesn't solely decide the difficulty the level is placed in, second if you get anyone trying for WRs it falsifies the clear rate hard due to all the resets

It could be people restarting to get a better time for WR

Yeah I feel like that level is not suited for speedrunning so lots of deaths were caused by trying to optimize the time and dying to the enemies while doing so. I can't see anything really challenging if you go at a moderate speed.

Sawmill Castle:
CNF-5QH-QXF
Fairly easy/short level where you are racing saw blades.

Bowser Jr. Airship:
CBV-JP4-0WG
A pretty straight-foward airship level.

Don't go right:
434-VTS-YQG
Level with easy platforming on the left and harder on the right. I have an extra room if someone is looking for a bit more of a challenge at the end.

Bile Track:
F3N-MP4-X6G
Transverse a poisonous swamp on a rail line.

Winter Obstacle Course:
GT2-MNL-8HG
Fast paced obstacle course to win the winter cup.

Winter obstacle course 2:
WQD-6QF-X6G
Improvement over the original with an even more difficult course above. *Note* The winter cup association is not responsible for loss of life in the aforementioned banned course above the player.

Winter Obstacle Course 2 SMW:
93M-69M-KVG
Because real "sequels" use the same style as the original.

I played Sawmill Castle a couple of days ago and forgot to leave feedback. I really enjoyed it, both concept and execution. Good job! I'll play your other courses too.

>The Emerald Eye of Totomesu
MNM-KNV-CFF
Find the 5 ruby keystones to reach the priceless emerald of an ancient king. Very hard red coin level with 3 4 screen challenges based on elements.

>34 screen challenges
That's just too many!

Free the wind is kind of long, but it's fun to cheese

>34 screen challenges
>have to collect coin in each one for clear condition
>no checkpoints because clear condition
giving me ideas for hot garbage

Surprised that your Maker Score is relatively low, considering you make pretty decent stages.
Sawmill Castle is fun and i also liked Bowser Jr Airship.
I want to give you the advise to telegraph spin jumps in your obstacle levels with a Z made out of rails, though, since you don't know you need to spin jump on some of the jumps. Also be careful with the winged ice blocks, since the way a player moves can easily desynchronize them.
Followed, looking forward to more stages

Just uploaded, so give it a try
>Toad and the Beanstalk [1] (CVN-7BP-PCG)
Climb the magical bean plant! 400 coins await you (only 200 are required)

There’s a checkpoint in the blue pipe on the floor so you can resume on the last two sections.

I always make every level 500 seconds long just because I don’t like time outs.

I’m still going to edit it and take it down tomorrow, so if you have anything other suggestions, I’m up to hear them

Attached: 60498020_323439475014455_1982723130133979541_n.jpg (1080x887, 96K)

Thank you for the feedback I'm glad you enjoyed my level.

Level for practicing triple jumps. Has an ebin joke if you reach the end.

9RT-NPC-STG

is it possible to make the wind in the desert's night theme flow constantly in one direction?

>japanese player
>plays but doesn't like your course
>maker score goes down after they play a stage that is generally well recieved

>japanese level
>random scattered garbage, no sense of aesthetics
>one block blind jumps, pick a pipe, etc
>enemy spam and speedruns

Too boo nukes won't be enough.

Attached: 1548631383025.jpg (1561x1566, 265K)

it does in NSMBU theme

but why? that's not even exclusive to that game

The wind acts differently in each mode. Probably for variety's sake.

They need to regionlock this god forsaken game. I'm sick of seeing my maker score go down because nip-san died on the first goomba.

Attached: 1481898369587.jpg (405x266, 32K)

Ded thread, ded game.
Update when?

Attached: 1395177977406.jpg (180x198, 16K)

>There’s a checkpoint in the blue pipe on the floor so you can resume on the last two sections.
Oh, I wasn't even gud enough to get that far.
>I always make every level 500 seconds long just because I don’t like time outs.
My point was more that it if it takes the creator of the level almost all of the allotted time to beat it, then it's not likely that someone playing the level for the first time will be able to do the same, or at least not have the patience to play it for that long.
>I’m still going to edit it and take it down tomorrow, so if you have anything other suggestions, I’m up to hear them
I'd try and shrink the Hub area a bit. Personally, I'd make it smaller area that you can do the challenges in any order, but that's just me.
I wasn't gud enough to make it far enough to judge all the challenges, but the red pipe challenge felt more focused and streamlined than the yellow one. I think a challenge that was just spinning on various spinys until the end of it would be enough.
And do away with the goombrat section at beginning entirely. You could probably make new level based just around juggling them anyway.

Attached: 11420902_989493764416008_574793127_n.jpg (1000x1000, 133K)

Really fun stage with a nice theme.
The autoscroll is pretty slow, though which makes deaths really frustrating. But the level isn't too hard in the first place, so it's on me for playing bad

The lakitu placement is kinda dickish since he can throw koopas onto clouds above you and you can't see them because of the autoscroll until it's too late.

bump

Glad you enjoyed Blue Sky Racer! By "dirty moves" I meant kill the other racers but true you can skim the top or bottom and dodge most obstacles but miss the coins and the fun.

The power-ups are also frequent enough you can just tank all the serious enemies. I really made it for the fun momentum/unique vibe over being cheese-proof. There's even a secret star that totally power through any challenge.