Is it worth getting one today?

Is it worth getting one today?

Attached: N64-2pp__84147.1486061427.jpg (500x500, 74K)

No, legit hardware and games cost an arm and a leg.
You can just emulate all the good games on something else and not have to put up with the godawful controller design.

I personally think that along with the Saturn, the N64 is a must have since the emulators for the system kind of suck, but to be honest i am a retard when it comes to emulators.

it wasn't even worth getting a nogaems 64 when it was brand new, let alone now.

Holy shit, why is it in the exact middle? Was this comfortable back in the day?

Yes

I've found all the games i ever wanted for it i can play on the wii u or wii so there isn't much point.
Maybe as a collector's item.

For most consoles I'd say no but the n64 is cool as shit. Well built, and the unique controllers are better for the games that use them than emulating would be (although you can also just get the controller plus a USB adapter).

Yeah at the time it was a cool design. For most games you grip the middle and right prongs and ignore the left one.
Which makes the left side of the controller basically redundant but back when it was first released the idea was that it was like three controllers in one. Nobody knew at launch that 95% of games would use the same two prongs.
It is pretty comfortable.

Alien 3 arms aside, the middle grip is extremely comfy due to Z trigger and palm swell placement. It feels almost like a fighter stick. Unfortunately the 3 arm design is inherently dumb in retrospect, but at the time it was meant to give a SNES like 3rd arm (left) for traditional game control, center for 3D

>a SNES like 3rd arm (left) for traditional game control, center for 3D
Don't forget left+middle which was almost like the console equivalent of WASD+mouse at the time.

Sadly almost no games used this though because it leaves only one button for use/jump/cycle weapons/alt-fire/etc.

Dual analogue by holding two controllers was also a thing, but again very rare mostly for the same reason.

I didnt know about the dual stick arm for a long time but it does make Goldeneye around 200% more playable after decades of twinstick shooting makes monostick feel awkward

ill sell you mine, i dont use it

I was just gonna buy one off eBay

I’m currently collecting for it and picking up games I always rented as a kid and never finished, along with games that catch my eye. There are a lot of cool games on the system that I’ve really been enjoying. I’d recommend it if you’re interested.

Quick recommendations people less commonly talk about.

Army Men: Sarge’s Heroes
Buck Bumble
Gex 64
Mischief Makers
Gauntlet Legends
Star Wars: Shadows of the empire
Snowboard Kids
Quest 64 (I know people don’t like this one but I enjoyed it, especially for $6)

Attached: 4799B5AB-5373-427C-A435-47664F7D6C6A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

Only because N64 emulation is kind of shit. Get an Everdrive 64 with it.

>nogaems
Super Mario 64? Donkey Kong 64? Ocarina of Time? Majora's Mask? Kirby 64? Star Fox 64? Pokémon Stadium? Banjo-Kazooie? Banjo-Tooie? Conker? Goldeneye? Wave Race 64? Jet Force Gemini? Perfect Dark? Paper Mario? Mario Kart 64? Mischief Makers?
Holy shit, just because you don't like a console doesn't mean you have to lie.

NO
GAMES

What games do you think we'll get on the mini?

Most N64 games run like shit so probably not unless you can get it cheap

Attached: 1522806813038.png (633x633, 775K)

gamecube>n64
>inb4 zoomer
I was born in 92

Ah. You're illiterate.
I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Yeah. Buy a flash cart to avoid paying out the ass for games though.

What games do you want to play? Overall I’d say no, it’s library has aged the worst of its generation and some of its best games have received superior remakes or ported to newer systems with HDMI output

Whoa this was at my door.

Attached: 1.jpg (1392x1392, 346K)

I bought one with Mario 64 for like 25 bucks in 2005 so if they're still around that price point than sure why not. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.
Normally I'd recommend just emulating but n64 emulation is still jank as fuck for some reason.

i wonder what it could be...

Attached: 2.jpg (1392x1392, 381K)

oh look, it's the same handful of games n64fags always list because there's literally NOTHING else. and many of those are shit, too.

oh fuck lame it's one of those knock off controllers. maybe i can mod the analog so it won't be so shit.

Attached: 3.jpg (3480x3480, 3.59M)

Cope, PS1 babby

>Was this comfortable back in the day?
yes and no. the middle prong made the analog stick less intrusive, but the stick itself was awful. people used to drill holes in their hands from playing mario party. the stick also got loose and broke from regular usage all the time.

>Godawful controller design
How does it feel to be this wrong?

Attached: 1557963120867.png (600x600, 846K)

>NOGAMES
>Here are games
>THOSE DON'T COUNT

What a minute what the hell is that?

Attached: 4.jpg (1392x1392, 278K)

>it's COLUMBUS DAY

Got my n64 with flash cart and crt television, but I hate hooking everything up. I just play on my pc or nvidia shield.

What about OTHER game?

well it's kinda beat up looking. hopefully it's a good game and not a shitty ass game

Attached: 5.jpg (1392x1392, 366K)

It's an NHL game

superman 64

>Poorfags couldn't buy all the consoles whenever they released.

But this is Yea Forums, I'm pretty sure most of you guys were born after the PS2 came out.

I will be infinitely disappointed if it's not

i just sold my n64 with games on ebay a few weeks ago. never play it and i figure i can just use emulator when i want to play. plus you can get a usb-to-n64 adapter for dirt cheap. pick that up and an actual n64 controller and you're good.

Saturn emulators have actually gotten really good recently, about as good as PSX emulators.

Only if you really hate emulation or want to be a collector.

Including the usual titles like Mario and Banjo, give these a try

007: The World Is Not Enough
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2
Army Men: Air Combat
Banjo Kazooie
Battletanx
Battletanx: Global Assault
Blast Corps
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Doom 64
Extreme G
Extreme G2
F-Zero X
GoldenEye 007
Hybrid Heaven
Knife Edge: Nosegunner
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Lode Runner 3D
Mario Kart 64
Mischief Makers
Mission Impossible
Perfect Dark
Resident Evil 2 (has an exclusive game mode)
Robotron
Shadowgate: Trials of the Four Towers
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox64
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Star Wars: Episode 1 Battle For Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Super Mario 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok2: Seeds of Evil
Turok3: Shadow of Oblivion
Turok: Rage Wars
WCW/NWO Revenge
Winback: Covert Operations
Wonder Project J2
WWF No Mercy

40 dollars is an arm and a leg for a console????
You're a moron lmao also terrible bait moron

>Jet Force Gemini not listed
It was almost a good list too....

Attached: 1524274253895.jpg (640x640, 53K)

>GAME PAK
Why did they call it that?

Oh wow holy shit it's one of the better games in the N64 library!

Attached: 6.jpg (1392x1392, 557K)

If you HD mod it yes, early 3d graphics have aged like shit. Probably would pick up an everdrive for it too.

>Body Harvest
Best N64 game nobody played sadly

Attached: 1448355970950.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

the n64 is like 30 dollars you broke ass nigga

>All flashcarts cost >$100
Fuck