Call Hearthstone shit for years

>call Hearthstone shit for years
>say Magic is the better game
>a decent client for Magic comes out
>no one talks about it
HUH?

Attached: Magic-the-Gathering-Arena-Art.jpg (1280x723, 138K)

>that guy who still plays magic

Attached: 1565246556428.jpg (960x716, 73K)

mods are blizztards and delete MTGA threads

>Playing the shitshow that is Standard
Gee I wonder why no one cares.

We have MTGA threads all the time you fucking retard

>my Chinese p2w shit game is better than your Chinese p2w shit game!

magic is only good IRL when you can joke about shit with people, as a game it's mediocre, especially when all you play against are the same 5 meta decks

MTGA is garbage, please play real MTG. Hearthstone is a an actual dumpsterfire made for woman and retarded phone posters.

Every time I go to local FNMs, this is what I see. Every freaking time, and theyre as autistic as they look. Cant even be like, ''oh, I missed a counter at upkeep'', during my 1st main phase or whatever, without these neckbeards invoking the fucking rules and threatening a judge even though were playing for literally nothing. I hate them, and I call them faggots to their faces when they pull shit like that, but unfortunately theyre al pussies and do nothing about it. God I want to beat one of those fatsos up. Maybe im being irrational, actually I am, but they deserve it imo.

Attached: 1441988579535.jpg (400x462, 26K)

i think you are lying, they are beta as fuck, if you bring something up like a mistake most will accept to go back to when you missed the trigger. Unless it's a mcq or similar then yeah, get fucked nerd.

Magic was cool when they were the only one doing random booster packs, but the prevalence of loot boxes has really soured me on its model.

Well yeah, as I said, theyre faggots. But when playing Magic, theyre enboldened faggots in their element.

There is practically no skill involved in MTG, only deck building and RNG, prove me wrong.
You can't.

Attached: 1518465223291.png (375x523, 339K)

The only skill is at high level where it's a worse version of poker.

They've abandoned their base with the recent standard sets style-wise. The mechanics on new cards are overly complex for how easy they are to trigger (stuff like the newer eldrazi cards that interact with exile zone). The only worthwhile formats are modern (barely), legacy (price is kind of an issue, but decks like burn, manaless dredge, d&t etc. can be had for cheap-ish and most decks don't need as many duals as they say), and vintage (wayyyyyyy too expensive for most). Mtgo let's you play any format and vintage/legacy/modern cube draft. Arena is eye-catching to newcomers, but that's it. The pros are all either paper/mtgo has-beens or e-girls. One of the e-girls that is semi-famous used to play paper magic near my group and was absolute dogshit. My friend who is better than me doesnt get to go to the invitationals that she gets to go to and he places pretty well at scg tourney's sometimes

>shit starting hand
>forced to mulligan
>you lost
ok then

Play dredge or reanimator. You can win early with 3-5 cards in hand easy

A lot of big magic players seem to really prefer that garbage looking interface that is MTG online.

I think its stupid investing money into an online market compared to actually having the cards in your possession. Fuck that Online noise.

I always try to play decks where I can scry/surveil/explore.

It's standard only and doesn't delve into the aspects that make magic great. Edh and pauper are the only true ways to play magic, and maybe legacy if you want something different.

mtga threads get deleted instantly all the time but yugioh threads (that are about paper yugioh) reach bump limits because the mods and jannies on Yea Forums are humongous fucking faggots that play yugioh and let threads happen here because it is fucking dead on /tg/

What if i told you there was an actually good online card game with as much draft as you could want?

Why'd it have to die bros, all it needed was another set

Attached: enough magic.jpg (387x642, 61K)

>tfw selling all my magic cards and then just printing out proxies of the few decks I actually enjoyed playing so I can still play with friends who are into it
It's so much fucking money to have sitting there as useless pieces of cardstock with no functional difference to the same thing printed out on a piece of paper

TCGs are a scam

Attached: 1551798730683.gif (318x244, 726K)

>with as much draft as you could want?
Don't you have to pay real money for drafts?

This is the reason why I stopped visiting my local card shop and eventually stopped playing all together. Sitting in on a FNM game with 50 of these cunts surrounding you being as loud and obnoxious as hell will drive you insane.

Take the smell of smash players with the obnoxious fan base of fortnite and you get magic players

Nah draft gauntlets are completely free.

At its peak prized draft was more competitive and had a pack or two entry fee but completely free draft has always been available.

>Nah draft gauntlets are completely free.
How does that work? I thought you had no way to get cards without paying actual money.

initially: you bought the game and got 10 Packs and 5 tickets I think.

"prized" constructed or draft gauntlets had an entry of 1 ticket. lose 2 matches and you're out, if you manage 3 wins you get your ticket back, 4 a pack and 5; 2 packs.

Social gauntlets; draft had no entry fee and no reward. Constructed didn't either but you still had to own the cards.

Then before they stopped updating they introduced a level system and you could gain 15 free packs and some tickets by levelling up.

Oh, of course theres the entry fee to actually play artifact if that's what you meant, no way around that.

>MTGA
>a decent client
user, it barely runs

>Standard only.
It's almost as if people who like magic a lot on here wouldn't want to play the worst format.

No I mean, don't drafts have you cracking open new cards?
Do the casual drafts have you open packs but not keep the cards at the end?

You open up free packs and don't keep anything in the casual draft.

piloting a deck effectively requires knowledge of the meta, matchup, their/opponent's sideboard options and specific knowledge of the rules to exploit cards

I see
That's neat and probably creates better gameplay anyways since you don't have the temptation to take a card just because it's valuable or you need it for a constructed deck

i mulligan once or twice most games and win about 75% of my games.

No one talks about heartstone either, and i mean i see it being talked less than MTG, never seen a thread in years to be precise.

Downside is it results in people abandoning their shit drafts with no repercussions so you may face the guy that managed an ultra lucker draft more often.

Artifact really got a raw deal

>P2W card games

Get a fucking life, idiots.

>pile of barely operational smoldering shit
>decent client
Nigga, are you fucking high?

the client is the literall worst shit about this game.
well next to the lack of agency in certain match ups.

Its only standard and it costs way too fucking much.

>paying for pixels
lol

>the client is the literall worst shit about this game.

It was actually running quite smoothly until one patch they fucked it up. Haven't really played since then even though I had quite a good collection before war of the sparks.

FUCK STANDARD
FUCK MODERN
AND FUCK ARENA

POST YOUR COMMANDER MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: bfz-217-omnath-locus-of-rage.jpg (672x936, 300K)

>have a board that is supposed to hold frequent general threads for games
>exists a general for said game over in /vg/
>user confused why no generals on Yea Forums

Attached: 1319026957187.jpg (360x235, 21K)

Magic is the ultimate example of a game that is only popular because it was first, or because it was lucky enough to get big. The designer went on to produce multiple far better games that get comparatively no attention. No discussion of Netrunner, Android: Netrunner, or Keyforge, even though they're all better and completely devoid of TCG scumfuckery, besides original Netrunner of course.

Magic has a shitty, clunky design philosophy, it's been around way too fucking long so everything is just retreads of every old thing, and the devs refuse to do proper design and cling to legacy retardation like counters and the land-in-deck system instead of actually fixing their game fundamentally. Of course, not that they could, since the remaining playerbase is the most addicted playerbase in human history, willing to spend hundreds if not thousands on random grab bags decades before lootboxes, and the moment those addicts sense a single change in the game they've dumped their life's savings into, they freak the fuck out.

Meanwhile, FFG puts out a nice, innocent, high-quality version of Netrunner that makes a PERFECT entrance, struggles a bit in its middle years but is just finally getting back on its feet and... WHOOPS! WotC revokes the license! For no reason at all, unilaterally, no discussion, no negotiation. FFG had been working on cards for the next year and a half. Plug pulled. And why? Because it was getting just a bit too popular, and because Cyberpunk 2077 was gaining some buzz and WotC didn't want to risk ANYONE Googling "Netrunner" and accidentally coming across a rival company's innocent little high-quality game. Plus, who could resist the chance to license out that sweet, sweet Netrunner brand to CDPR in case they want to make a Gwent-esque card game for their new AAA disaster?

Fuck Magic, fuck Wizards, and fuck all you worthless digital-card-game-playing trashcans without even a bit of taste. You wouldn't know "decent" if your lives depended on it.