ITT: Games that deserve a remake

ITT: Games that deserve a remake

Attached: Okage.jpg (220x313, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R41A6gRLHrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that a

I never finished that game. Because it sucked.

"Oh, hey Great-Grandpa! Haven't seen you in a while!"

Attached: snatcher-a-hat-in-time-74.3.jpg (210x240, 12K)

the only notable thing about okage was the art style and emo goth story, or at least being one of the more visually distinct jrpg's for having a more unique art style than final fantasy anime

Fuck I haven't played that in so long. This was the dungeon crawler where your party all used the same MP pool and if the main character dies in battle it's an automatic game over, right?

Only reason I want a remake is so they can remove that garbage.

Attached: 250px-LiveALiveBoxArt.jpg (250x135, 17K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Off topic, but good game man
This game looks really comfy to play

Fuck right off

I tried several times to get into that game, but I never could. I'd play only about an hour of it before I gave up.

Attached: p2duology.png (1908x1640, 3.51M)

make me, you coward

Attached: 1565228501976.jpg (436x333, 20K)

The game has a really nice and unique aesthetic and premise, but it genuinely feels unfinished.

Attached: stretchpanic.jpg (640x908, 101K)

drink bleach shit for brains

How is it off topic? It's a game he thinks deserves a remake? And Okage is pretty comfy. It's easy as hell and not too long. If you can, play it.
Kisling was a cool guy.
Coward? In what way am I showing cowardice. You posted a shitty character, you worthless sack of scum.

I liked the humor but the gameplay was garbage. The battles felt like a shitty Final Fantasy fan game.

Attached: free-shrugs-4301553.png (500x736, 201K)

As someone who has played this game more times than any human should have, this really doesn't need a remake, sequel, or anything.

The mecahnics were outlandishly jank and in certain cases, outright a detriment, but they hold together like a house of cards. The stages aren't far apart, there isn't much reason to explore too much beyond getting a few extra items, and following the main path is fun in and of itself, and the pacing is honestly excellent for the type of story it wanted to convey. Add that to the charm of the PS2 visuals and sound design and I earnestly feel like a remake would tarnish, if not ruin, the reason why this game "worked".

"Fix" the gameplay and suddenly you aren't paying attention to silly shit like how the enemies dance to the music and how every character behaves like a puppet on a string. "Fix" the visuals and make it more realistic and the game's big reveal at the end is either too obvious or isn't able to be conveyed properly without giant logical leaps. "Fix" the progression or try to make the sepieces work outside of acts (ie generic Open World bullshit that doesn't need to be there) and the plot structure doesn't work either. There's nothing you could do with a remake that wouldn't damage the game in the process. I'd say it should be ported more, but nobody on this planet should be playing this game more than once, and since I have completed it 20 times, that should be enough for every curious soul in this thread to listen to this simple request:

Either play the original version of the game on PS2 or ported to a console at native framerate and audiovisual fidelity, or do not play it at all. Emulating it with 120FPS and 48TXAA just fucks things up.

Attached: 29946903_p3.png (600x600, 183K)

cool dramatic phrasing bro

but i think you're taking this too seriously

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 44K)

I replayed this last year and it aged like milk. The characters are charming but basically everything else about it sucks.

Attached: 847655A9-719C-4FAE-8E61-6E238C5485DF.jpg (580x448, 223K)

But of course. Why wouldn't I? You're being a meme loving fuck and I literally have nothing else to do.

Dark Cloud needs a third game

>your party all used the same MP pool

Nope. Everybody had their own.

No, they did share their MP, or rather, everyone's MP would get added together to create LP, which everyone would draw upon to use their abilities/spells. One weird thing was Epros, despite being a "mysterious wizard", had 0 MP, and thus had to rely on the rest of the party's MP to cast spells. Don't know why they did that.

This one honestly

>One weird thing was Epros, despite being a "mysterious wizard", had 0 MP, and thus had to rely on the rest of the party's MP to cast spells.
No idea, but that's a really fucking cool character concept.
Especially if his spells were notably stronger than everyone else's.

this game already looked nice on snes, but i wouldn't mind seeing it get a trials of mana-style remake. all the different settings would look cool in 3d. they could even pull a kingdom hearts and change the ui depending on the chapter.

"JUGGERNAUT READY"

Attached: IMG_0732.jpg (220x315, 31K)

Attached: psx_sheeprdr_screenshot.jpg (800x802, 120K)

it was more than a 3/10 to ME dammit!

Attached: God Hand.jpg (189x267, 13K)

>Baby dance game beat GH score wise

Played this recently on PS4 and it was kino

I wish the combat in this game wasn't so mind numbing as everything else is great. For my choice it would have to be jade cocoon on ps1. This is a bit souless but it could be worse
youtube.com/watch?v=R41A6gRLHrU

Attached: jade.jpg (300x300, 28K)