youtube.com/watch?v=qK6U0ZisDYk
youtu.be/Gta4BZTUlt4?t=663
youtube.com/watch?v=WFwsL-bj4Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7r80IOxtE
youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8
youtube.com/watch?v=8_EiEIKLd4U
youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not only that but the cheecky message after the credits that tell you to buy the DLC

Post the image you slothful basterd

Yep, I’m still seething

At least ME3 gives you three color choices.

ME2 only gives you 2

Attached: 1551435212747.png (531x500, 63K)

fine

Attached: downloadable.jpg (789x622, 71K)

are you over it yet?

Attached: main-qimg-1e3a044326f4cf98aec9195cefe871af.jpg (680x479, 64K)

whoops was the updated message after the backlash. this is the original

WHAT
WERE
THEY
THINKING?!?!

Attached: ME3 original endings.webm (640x360, 2.33M)

this is what got me. the ending was just a ball of nothing but then they tell you congratulations buy more of our shit after all that talk of how the ending was going to be so defined by your choices and all that bullshit. they truly thought they would get away with this, i am so glad people stood their ground against these vampires.

When 2 faggots said it was OK and so they did it again, but then 2 faggots are fucking dumb faggots and got mad at 3 for doing what they green-lighted in 2

Attached: d2j7y5k-142f4200-3d26-43f3-91a7-2cd08b1aa973.png (2048x768, 1.69M)

Attached: 52mk3m1.png (880x699, 515K)

This is a really bad argument.

i tried a trilogy playthrough a while ago and by 3 i was so bored i just stopped. such a shame man me1 had so much potential.

Does a more punchable face exist?

buy my dlc and ill tell you

unpopular opinion but let us be honest, two of the options were basically the only ways to deal with the situation based on the rest of the story.
Destroy was the logical outcome of the entire story (and if you ignore the killing other AI because bioware was shilling incredibly hard for the retarded synthesis ending it's objectively perfect), while control had been set up to a degree in 2 and throughout 3, even if it is a stupid choice it's good to have the option.
of course this ignores how they could have made them more different besides the fucking color scheme (though the extended ending helps with this) but frankly a lot of the rage seems from people who were dumb enough to buy the "your choices REALLY matter" meme, I mean wasn't it obvious it wouldn't be like that from the second game?

It's not an argument, its a fucking fact of the universe.

2 was a railroaded mess that meant 3 would have had trouble even with competent writers, but at least nobody expected a wrap up ending.

>half of the senior writers leave
>fire the other half because they're a bunch of nerds who literally only write words lmao
>spend all the money you saved on marketing, which produces more profit-per-dollar than any other department
>game needs to release in a specific time window for maximum sales, so you pick a day within that window and send an All: mail out to the people actually making the game so they know they need to have shit wrapped up by then

>game ships
>3.5 million units sell in the first month
>some nerds complain about it on the internet
>you don't care because it's the last entry in the franchise and therefore no sales lost
>your boss doesn't care
>his boss hasn't even played a video game ever
>fire the rest of the senior staff members and cash out

For you, ME3 was the biggest disappointment in video game history. For EA, it was Q1 2012.

>For you, ME3 was the biggest disappointment in video game history. For EA, it was Q1 2012.
I....I want to hate this but I can't.

3 would never have been as bad as it was, and no not just the ending, if people didnt look at all the dumb shit they did in 2 and said "this is ok"

People who defend 2 and hate 3 are the dumbest people on the planet

ME3's problems come from the fact that Mass Effect 2 came out in January of 2010, and ME3 was supposed to come out in late 2011.
It was supposed to be both the biggest Mass Effect game, but also the one developed in the shortest amount of time, while they were also developing Dragon Age 2 and TOR.
EA's deadlines are the reason all three of those games were rushed as fuck.-

yeah 2 was shit. you could tell from the opening moment
>normandy explodes, shepard dies
immediate alarm bells

Even EA grasps the concept of opportunity cost.
Being forced to release the first multiplayer DLC for free and cutting prices is something they get.
They also get pissing 5 years and 40 million dollarydoos up a wall as a direct result.

Attached: Shrek paints himself blue and bullies Manly Tears.webm (1920x1080, 750K)

ME2's opening would have been fixed if Shepard got spaced and lost consciousness from lack of oxygen instead of literally burning up in an atmosphere.
A Cerberus ship could have picked him up, tying up to TIM's words literally 10 minutes before when he tells Miranda to ensure they don't lose Shepard.

da2 was supposed to be an expansion about the qunari invasion
then they said 'fuck that make it a full game' happily milking the success of the soon to be gutted bioware reputation for everything it was worth

The absolutely pure unadulterated anger this generated was amazing.

yeah but if there are no explosions and it's boring talking shit then nobody will buy the game!

Seriously why go to Andromeda?

The previous games (read: Mass Effect 1) set up arguably the most expansive lore and the most of it in any game. There's so much to do and discover in the Milky Way already.

Then they go off to a new galaxy anyway which is dumb as fuck, but then it's the same fucking aliens. Like fuck off seriously ea

here's a classic
youtu.be/bIzzCIQAm7Y

These sort of things got the most flak, but really they were just microcosms of the entire product with its obscene laziness, lack of content, and astounding bad, nay, revolting writing.

>>you don't care because it's the last entry in the franchise and therefore no sales lost

A company like EA is always ready to milk a popular IP again, even if they market something as the final chapter.

It was their way of sidestepping the issue of the ending. The fact that they still didn't have the balls to either admit it was a fuck up or spin some bullshit was a glaring red flag from the outset.

If they stayed in the Milky Way they'd have to take responsibility for ME3. Moving the next game to another galaxy lets them avoid that.

Attached: 1565114038887.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

No, keep the explosions, simply instead of making Shepard fall into the planet, just let him float in space.
Since they weren't going to give any explanations as to how Shepard got revived, might as well just say that he was in a coma from the lack of oxygen or some shit.

Instead Shepard literally burns to ashes and the only explanation we get about how they revived him is
>hurr we spent a lot of money dude

Andromeda was the 2nd highest selling game in the franchise, generating more than 2.5 million sales in the first quarter of its release, from a development cost of $100 million.

based because it forever makes talitards seethe if nothing else

Mass Effect 1 is the greatest sci-fi game that will ever exist.

Never again will so much money be thrown at a great sci-fi writer and RPG space game that lacks explosions and cliche capeshit dialogue ever again.

>worst girl gets her big reveal
>its a fucking photoshop

>its a fucking photoshop

what were they supposed to do, photograph a real fucking alien??

The crucible was easily the worst written part of ME3, and it comes up within the first goddamn hour.
I was honestly thinking it was some kind of very blatant trap that the player was railroaded into, since ME1 points out how fucking retarded the concept is.
At some point, I was sure some writers pet like Liara or Aria would go
>Aha! this can't exist because of what vigil said! It must be a reaper trap!

Attached: 1404422003886.jpg (1066x600, 111K)

Why was it so hard to simply say
>destruction ending is canon
Sure, the 1% of idiots who played ME3 and picked control or synthesis ending would be mad, but instead they have probably killed the franchise.

fpbp

These games have always funneled you into renegade or paragon, without much of a real difference either way. Anyone who was expecting something more wasn't paying any attention.

And yet their sales expectations were something like 6-7 million

i played it again recently and knowing what comes next is so depressing. i remember first playing it and i couldn't wait to see what they were going to do next and now it's just like, the most generic fucking thing they could ever do. i wanted it to go full star trek and instead it went full fucking star wars retard.

Maybe make an actual render?

Fine.
>its a extremely shitty photoshop
Could have also just actually shown her face instead of her taking a picture of it and leaving it in your quarters because ???

what the fuck is that blue thing in the webm

>a development cost of $100 million.
how the fuck do you spend that much on a video game with nothing in it
even the animations are shit

>on disk DLC day 1
lol

Attached: tim_sweeney.png (1000x563, 156K)

>no idea how you plan to defeat reapers
>3 comes along
>get off earth
>writers pet just shows up and says "lmao I found these blueprints for a super weapon that can destroy the big bads, we just have to build it"

Are you fucking shitting me?

I miss when Yea Forums did shit like this

because Bioware is incapable of admitting publicly it fucked up on anything
but the immediate answer to your question is because it's painfully obvious the devs of 3 actually preferred synthesis as an ending, I mean notice how it has literally no downsides besides you being a martyr? I mean even the fucking catalyst goes "we wanted this all along but they weren't ready" (because forcing it through a deus ex machina is better? lmao). if those writers are still around they're probably seething the consensus is destroy is the best ending and refuse to cave to that

Wholeheartedly agreeing with this. I even want to kiss you right now. Not even a faggot.

Attached: tumblr_o0fq9cVVTs1teto02o2_500.jpg (500x739, 125K)

>they later changed it to be a more "LOVE YOU GUYS THANKS FOR PLAYING" tier shit over the backlash of this
lol

The shitshow was absolutely delicious

>For you, ME3 was the biggest disappointment in video game history. For EA, it was Q1 2012.
Jesus Christ user

>shepard you're the only person in the galaxy who can save everything you're so amazing
>who cares about those other spectres, who are those guys you're the only one you're so great
fuck shepard

>fans come up with perfect theory to write away the shitty ending
>Bioware announces the extended cut to fix it
>It just doubles down on the original shitty ending and tries to elaborate on it

up to a point it makes sense, I mean the reapers have been harvesting species over countless cycles, it makes sense that a few did what the protheans did and started devising a weapon to finish them off.

what is absolutely retarded is it was in the Mars archives, because the fact we discovered other species means a massive treasure trove archive of prothean information is suddenly barely explored? literally every other discovery of prothean stuff is swarmed yet the INTACT mars archive is barely touched until Liara comes along? good god
I guess it is in the same category as moving the fucking citadel (think about that if you haven't for a moment about how insane that is) over earth, they wanted you to see mars/go back to earth and had to shoehorn a reason in to do so when there was none otherwise

Muh reapers, muh ancient evil was a mistake. It should have been a sci fi series focused on actual SPECTRE shit and galaxy conspiracies.

Diversity hires (cost the same per hour, but because they suck they take longer for simple shit) and mostly marketing.

I'm playing through 3 for the first time after being so disgusted by 2 and the marketing and shit I saw of 3. Pirated it with all DLC.

-All shops replaced with menus
-Kept the same shitty ship, galaxy map, combat, and many things from 2 to where it felt like the same game
-No more dialogue with teammates, just press A to hear a sentence or too Zaeed style (because everyone loved that). Don't press A again though, because it'll skip their dialogue.
-Cringe-inducing dialogue that feels like it was written by a 14 year old
-Vega is just fucking there with no intro or anything
-In your face identity politics and homosex shoved down your throat (Cortez has way more dialogue/scenes than any squadmate), Vega pushing gay overtones, Tloak and Nyreen or whatever
-omgz such strong wominz Tloak and Nyreen. female Turian so strong POW and powerful BANG BANG. This is what we needed to see with our first female Turian, a STRONG INDEPENDENT BALD LESBIAN
-Our fertile female krogan is being created, stolen, contained, and protected by men until she gets out and shoots two dudes to shove it to the patriarchy
-Avoiding the reapers on the map is so easy and with such little punishment for getting caught it doesnt even need to exist
-NPCS dont hardly talk to you, just drop a few ambient lines for some probing fetch quest
-Like 1 new party member, 2 if you count Javik.
-Unmoving, untextured polygons, or very low res 2d people/monsters in the background alternating between 2 frames of animation every half second

At least they knew the party members from 2 were hot garbage and gave you the crew from 1? I guess?

>could easily have set later games before 3's ending to ignore the ending
>instead move to a entirely new galaxy
>But theres only one new alien race there
T-Thanks Bioware

ME3 is the only game that actually made me butt hurt lol

Attached: DhYAH1MX0AAI0O3.jpg (1638x2048, 549K)

>Tali in ME1 was just a cute alien doing her own thing
>Tali in ME2 was OMG SHEPARD FUCK ME CUM ON MY VISOR TEAR MY SUIT OPEN KILL ME WITH YOUR DIIIIIIIIICK

Attached: 1562329734491.gif (350x242, 1.71M)

I forgot all about the jpegs on the lower levels of the citadel.

The leviathan shit was dumb, the crucible was dumb, turning the harvest into some super drawn out way of attrition was dumb (the reapers were supposed to overwhelm civilizations quickly), the shit with cerebus making zombies was fucking dumb. It's all fucking dumb

>its another sci fi setting where humans are seen as aggressive by the other races
How original.

saying it went star wars is too high of praise. more like it went superman man of steel

>-Vega is just fucking there with no intro or anything
the ME series suffers from the fact that lots of plot shit referenced in the game (including Vega) were introduced in the books/comics, same with why Liara was hunting the shadow broker until they made a dlc that basically explained what happened in the comics.
>-In your face identity politics and homosex shoved down your throat (Cortez has way more dialogue/scenes than any squadmate), Vega pushing gay overtones,
retard, you can literally not talk to cortez and never hear about his husband and shit if it triggers you that much, and Vega literally sleeps with Ashley in the citadel dlc so I have no idea how you got gay overtones

I've honestly stopped caring. But I used to replay ME1/ME2 at least once a year. Now I haven't touched them for several. Probably won't either.

>Tali in ME1 was just a lore dump
FTFY

Nah ME3 tarnished the brand. Andromeda was a shitshow, but if ME3 wasn't shit, the series would not be dead. Can you imagine the shit Bioware could get away with in the franchise if they actually delivered a satisfying conclusion to a 5+ epic story? Andromeda could have been a literal pile of shit in a box and fans would still be eagerly anticipating the next game, that's how much goodwill they'd have.

Instead ME3 was trash and Andromeda needed to be really good to reinvigorate the franchise. It didn't, now it's dead.

that's.... Whew man. Might as well just said fuck you suck my dick in the end

>the ending is about synthetics vs organics
>a part we already solved by making peace between the Quarians and the Geth (probably)
>a part of the universe so minuscule no one thought it would play any part of it

I still enjoyed playing ME3 despite the flaws. Before the ending shat on it though. Apparently something about dark space or whatever eating Suns that the writers hinted at with Tali's mission in ME2 was supposed to be a part of the reveal.

Attached: bogdanoff.png (1000x581, 717K)

>write villain as a non-uniform species that genetically converts and assimilates other species so you don't have to create new skeletons for new species and you can just retexture existing character models with existing skeletons

I bet they thought they were so clever

Attached: 1389658423143.png (782x464, 471K)

The only good thing to come out of Andromeda were the release night threads and complete mockery of the shit show.

Attached: 1489978536515.png (1152x864, 681K)

>turning the harvest into some super drawn out way of attrition was dumb (the reapers were supposed to overwhelm civilizations quickly)
you realize they already pointed out it was a slow harvest after the initial BTFO right? Vigil said it in 1 that it took a century or two for the harvest to be fully completed, and that was with the cycle going on its normal course of hitting the Citadel first and cutting everyone off, and with the species not getting shit like the thanix cannon or shields that helped them withstand the reapers to a degree in 3.
>the shit with cerebus making zombies was fucking dumb
not really, it fit in perfectly with cerberus that the illusive man wanted to control the reapers
where it went full retard was acting like they were an organization big enough to rival the various species governments, that was just retarded

Attached: 1489978831739.jpg (144x143, 3K)

It's like the Matrix Revolutions. Turning what could've been Star Wars-level cashcow into an embarrassment. Seriously if the movie wasn't shit they could keep milking it non-stop to this very day.

Not at all, the ones who are seen as agressive are Turians and Krogan.
Humans are considered very individualistic.

Every attempt to make a new species or really do anything after Drew Karpyshyn left (lead writer of ME1 and the first 2 books, did unknown amount of contribution to 2 but is listed below Mac Walters despite being alphabetically first in both first and last names) was a disaster.

I'm willing to bet he had nothing to do with the Vorcha. What a stupid fucking attempt at a species.

You could also say DIVERSE!

99 mil on advertising.

>hitting the Citadel first and cutting everyone off
Speaking of which. Why didn't they do it as the first thing after arriving?
Other than "the shitty plot would fall apart if they did".

I forgot all of the ambient dialogue about the Asari in the first game. Makes a lot more sense in the third when it's revealed that they are the most aggressively self serving than any other species.

Only if you make the mistake of romancing her.

Friendzone her and she stays pretty cool.

The reapers were limited to non-relay travel and had to cross the galaxy under the power of their own FTL drives

Fun fact. by the time they announced the game, Andromeda didn't have a single mission ready, it didn't have writers or composers.
All they had were tech demos of the Nomad, combat systems and were testing flying in space ships and procedurally generated planets.
The actual final game was made in less than a year.

>you want you

Attached: 1519798460269.png (566x347, 439K)

>ura retard
Am I? For talking to squad mates? Because the only person on the Normandy in 3 who talks or goes anyway or does anything is Cortez and all he does is whine about muh husband muh hushand btw i'm gay I had a husband PARAGON MOMENT PRESS L2/RT TO KISS

He's shoved into cutscenes when landing on planets when those scenes arent necessary and only exist to justify his existence. All the moments talking with him could have been better off used on your squadmates who get no development.

The c-sec requisitions officer in ME1 was much better because instead of talking about non sci-fi/space shit like Cortez, he adds to the game world with the license shit while also acting as a shop keep (compared to me3's menu) and giving a small gameplay element (buying/collecting licenses).

They could use Mass Relays though.
Hell, the Arrival DLC of Mass Effect 2 is about destroying a Mass Relay that was at the edge of the galaxy and that the Reapers were about to reach, and use to spread quickly through the galaxy.
youtube.com/watch?v=g36ja_9tt6Q

Made in less than a year and being stupid enough to put the D team in charge of it.

Remember me?

Attached: yakub.png (884x878, 810K)

>The reapers were limited to non-relay travel
Wut? After they got to they nearest relay(the one Shepard blows up in Arrival), they can use the relay system just fine.

same, don't give a shit anymore.

>cerberus spend ludicrous amounts of money to reanimate shepard's corpse
>it was the only way we could stop the collectors, whoever they are, people will listen to us if you're alive again or some shit, even though everyone who isn't with cerberus just thinks you're fucking crazy or a brainwashed robot
>look it's a derelict reaper
>that's cool just go inside and not tell anybody else about this not the alliance military or anything, just go the fuck inside it's totally fine

what a crock of shit this series is really

EVERYWHERE I GO
I STILL SEE IT

Attached: Bioware Presents.jpg (402x793, 114K)

Montreal was the team that made ME3's multiplayer and the Omega DLC.
They decided to put them in charge because at that time everyone was mocking Edmonton hard for ME3, so they thought that maybe new blood could bring a fresh take to Mass Effect.

This video explains everything about what went wrong with Andromeda's development.
The entire thing of them being SJWs is just scratching the surface.
youtube.com/watch?v=D12n35evy0Y

Bioware is so fucking prideful and full of their own shit it's going to be so god damn satisfying when EA finally kicks their fucking teeth in and shoves their fist up biowares fucking ass and works their mouth like a muppet and shut that shit hole SJW developer down for good

Fuck bioware and fuck Casey Hudson and Mack Walters specifically, fucking cock socks

he's somewhat correct that humans are seen as taking over the galaxy by coming out of nowhere and either getting a seat on the council(or taking over it totally) within a century despite other species waiting literally millenia (there's a lot of shit writing involved there honestly, like you mean to tell me the salarians never tried to lengthen their life span in several thousand years and the volus/elcor/hanar haven't progressed enough in several millenia to be council member worthy. lots of the planet pop numbers are stupid too if you look at them)
normally if you hit the citadel you can control all the relays, BTFO galactic governance, and catch the remaining species unaware and technologically unequipped to fight them, we ruined that in 1 and with the arrival dlc ruined their chance to jump everywhere easily so they had to do FTL flight to get to the galaxy
thus they hit the batarians since they were the first systems they go to who no one else gave a fuck about because they were retards, built up a bunch of ground troopers to use as cannon fodder, then hit the species according to their military ability, humans,korgan and turians first, then asari and other council observant species, then they'd have hit the salarians and other species like the yahg and vorcha last.

>hey guys we have this hyped up sequel that's gonna make tons of money. What do we do?
>I know! let's literally announce another sequel less than a month after the second one while also announcing YET ANOTHER tie in with a video game. What could go wrong?
>oh and we're directing the third sequel based on DBZ and 60% of the movie is outside the matrix
Despite this, the last stand scene was the hypest moment in this series

Attached: 13355241241.png (1920x1080, 871K)

Attached: Jacob.jpg (500x750, 44K)

Remember in 1 when it wasn't all about Earth and humans and Cerebus didn't exist outside of one throw-away mission?

Not now, Anthony. Wait for the Other M thread.

I imagine the other spectres were put in charge of making sure the brainlets from Andromeda made it to their destination.

I've never played Mass Effect. Is it worth picking up now or is it outdated by this point?

I would actually say ME3 was The Last Jedi. Critically well received, sold well, but ruined the brand and saw long term ramifications. Andromeda is Solo.

It's okay. The first two games are good but it's hard to recommend when you know the conclusion is gonna suck. If you can enjoy them for what they are, go for it.

Based Jacob

>Am I? For talking to squad mates?
if you're seething this much about how his plot line revolves around getting over his dead husband then yes you are if you keep doing it after the first play through
>Because the only person on the Normandy in 3 who talks or goes anyway or does anything is Cortez and all he does is whine about muh husband muh hushand btw i'm gay I had a husband PARAGON MOMENT PRESS L2/RT TO KISS
literally nigga just don't talk to him lmao
also if you actually managed to get into a romance with cortez you're either trolling or stupid, because you explicitly have to go
>why don't you look at me
>I'm gay
>some flirty dialogue I don't remember
in that bar scene which is far more checks than any other romance where one wrong dialogue point sets you on course
>He's shoved into cutscenes when landing on planets when those scenes arent necessary and only exist to justify his existence. All the moments talking with him could have been better off used on your squadmates who get no development.
you could say the same about Vega or Traynor, it's because they're newfags they have to justify exactly as you said

What's funny is that Mac Walters was the one who pushed Montreal to stop fucking around and start writing a story, characters and making levels.
4 of the 5 years MEA spent in development was testing shit.

Is that the Devil Bringer on his left hand? Or is that a charged Blue Rose shot? I legitimately can't tell.

What the fuck was even the name of that species? All I really remember was the whole thing of pronoun with one of them and the asari.

The shitty plot would fall apart if they did. They had to get into the galaxy the hard way, but that's the only limitation they had, and given they took the galaxy completely off guard, they had absolutely no reason not to..
That's really it, since absolutely nothing states or shows that they somehow lost the capability, and anything anyone says to the contrary is headcanon.

I know all that shit, my point is they could have just rushed and captured the Citadel first instead of attacking different species' homeworlds. Would have made their job a lot easier.

The squishy ones were Angara, the cartoony Reapers were the Kett, and the robots Remnants.

Seriously I'm not the only one who looks at the dialogue in 3 and is dumbfounded am I? Cringe, stupid, whatever word you choose, it's shockingly bad. Every character makes out-of-character and out-of-place quips, one-liners, and all talk like high school girls, and each character feels like it's written by one person.

Like EDI. (paraphrasing) "I am feeling positive electrical currents that boost my cognitive functions. Humans may refer to this as "happy""

It feels like a 15 year old trying to sound really deep but shows an extreme lack of understanding of AI, robotics, consciousness, and the whole gray area of that topic.

I can't put it into words well, but surely I'm not the only one who sees this shit

Charged blue rose shot and the sweet surrender devil breaker.

>the black guy romance option
>only romance where the person cheats on shepard and leaves them for someone else
holy shit, what was bioware thinking?
I know he was like the least popular romance but not only cucking those people but doing it with the stereotypical person to do it is hilariously brutal

Attached: 1544282127578.jpg (406x405, 117K)

I'm the only person in the world that loves this game, huh. I remember when I was like 12-13, I spent an entire summer up at my grandparent's house replaying 2 and 3 over and over and over again

>my point is they could have just rushed and captured the Citadel first instead of attacking different species' homeworlds. Would have made their job a lot easier.
not after 1 and 2 it wouldn't. all the species just went into fend for yourselves mode and the citadel when they attacked it fell quickly. it would be like going after the salarians immediately, theres no rush

I hate how someone like you is now old enough to post here.

The thing I actually loved about ME3 was the feeling of galactic doom. Palaven burning, Batarians being pretty much entirely gone (complete loss of a people and culture is always harrowing to me), everyone being desperate and on their last ropes. Too bad it doesn't mean anything.

Isn't it funny? I love life

boomer-tastic

Not to mention how his loyalty mission is about how his father drugged his ship's crew and made a harem with the women while kicking out the men.

>I can't put it into words well,
Joss Whedon syndrome. It's essentially proto capeshit dialogue.
People at the time were constantly aping his style of writing, but forgot that all his hits were written in collabortation with at least 3 people with creative veto powers, and often more.
It's an understandable thing to forget, since Joss himself forgot it, which is why he has no career post getting MeToo'd

>young people REEEEE

play the first game, the only part that I found outdated was the graphics for the planets for side quests.
if you like that I'd recommend doing the whole trilogy just to do it once.
also
>games
>ever being outdated
come now user, don't think like that

i really got sick of the ''just like old times'' shit.
and udina being indoctrinated was stupid
>he was mean to shepard so who cares
god forbid somebody doesn't like shepard

You can legally fuck people born in 2001.

The fact that you are arguing this hard for a throwaway token faggot character tells a lot about you, before even reading this shit.

>after the first playthrough
Nigger I havent even done Priority Tuchanka yet and every few minutes he has a special spoken scene around the ship or Citadel while literally every other character just says "Commander."

>just dont talk to him
You're missing the point. First of all he is the only one who even does talk. Then, that effort and money could have been spent on developing actual squadmates or expanding the universe instead of "boo hoo i'm gay"

>same as vega and traynor
Vega isn't a good character but he's a squadmate at least, yet gets less dialogue and scenes than Cortez.
Traynor also gets way less, and "you could say the same about them" no not really. They are not in the kodiak or whatever every fucking mission unless you pick vega.

You are arguing because you are a faggot and mad I am calling out your shit, not because you have any arguments or anything worth saying. Just stop

He didn't have a career after Age of Ultron. The Avengers movie so bad, they basically made a replacement one in Civil War.

>ME2
>Good
ME2 has precisely three good things; combat, content relating to the Geth/Quarian conflict, and content relating to the Genophage. Every other character and plotline, as well as any gameplay that isn't moment to moment combat, is trash.

2003-2004 depending on their birth month and how old YOU actually are.

Mac Walters is the number one reason why this series turned to shit.

i was really glad to be back dealing with the reapers instead of the ''solve your crews problems so they don't die in the last mission'' bullshit of 2.

>combat

Does ME2's combat even hold up anymore? It's a 2010 cover shooter. I feel like you could probably do better nowadays.

oh and what state you're in

sums up mass effect 3 well

Udina is probably the best lighting rod of a character.
In 1, despite being an asshole he truly did his job to the best of his ability, defended Shepard despite disapproving of their actions, and only turned on them because he didn't read the script.
In 2 he was generic political slimeball #542
In 3 he started out surprisingly well. He was bearing the burden of leadership in a seemingly hopeless situation, reconciled with Shepard and became the man you saw the beginnings of in his ME1 ending speech.
Then he betrays youlol.

Attached: Mass Effect 2.gif (310x186, 1.88M)

I don't remember much of that in 3.
I remember most of Andromeda's being that shit, but not 3.
EDI had a lot of that humor, but it was established that EDI liked humor and all that shit in ME2.

I replayed the trilogy right now and ME2's combat is dreadful.
The amount of upgrades it got with ME3 blows it out of the water.
Everything about ME2's combat is about forcing you to always stay in cover and just taking shots from it because with just 5 bullets you are fucked.
ME3 with all the improved movement, the melee combat not being completely fucking useless, the infintie sprint and other shit lets you be much more agressive.

There's really not a whole lot of innovation in third person shooters. Aside from Gears, there isn't really anyone doing it. ME2 hasn't aged nearly as much as, say, Goldeneye has, simply because not a lot has changed since then.

It's exactly what they wanted it to be, GoW.

There's not a single weapon that feels good to use besides Widow and the goddamn cooldowns. Oh, and the stiff movement and enemies that don't work well with it. And teammates that lose their shit enemies get too close.

>writers: Mac Walters, Drew Karpyshyn
I swear Karpyshyn must've been responsible for Mordin, Legion, and their subplots. Maybe bits about Omega or the Illusive Man. Because those bits are so clearly better written than everything else, and he wrote ME1 while Walters was the lead on 2 and the only? writer for 3

If Mass Effect 3 had a proper ending, Andromeda wouldn't exist.
Andromeda might be a soft reboot, but everyone fucking knows that the only reason the game went to a whole different galaxy was to avoid ME3's ending.

To be fair, that "political scumbag's" job was dealing with our not-so-good relations with other species and taking heat from shit WE caused.

It's a wonder he didn't go postal earlier.

Don't forget the Asari having an entire Beacon and never once finding out about this galactic threat. Fucking useless space sluts.

udina was a great character in the first game but like every other nuance in the series he got washed away into banality.

indoctrination theory was, ofc, correct but they decided to retcon it all late in development and went with "well it just be like it do"

>The fact that you are arguing this hard for a throwaway token faggot character tells a lot about you, before even reading this shit.
the fact you are this mad about one of the most inconsequential companions tells me a lot about you
>Nigger I havent even done Priority Tuchanka yet
>hasn't even gotten to the point where the actual romance is and he's already bitching about the dude
lmao
> and every few minutes he has a special spoken scene around the ship or Citadel while literally every other character just says "Commander."
he was exactly one on the citadel before after tuchanka so I'm calling bullshit, also he vega and traynor fade away after the portion you're in which is the introductory portion
>You're missing the point.
am i? you keep seething about the irrelevant gay pilot as opposed to the lesbian new yeomen or beefcake hulkman when all you have to do is not talk to him
I should add most of the companions have unique dialogue after every major mission so I have no idea why you're bitching about that.
I don't see you reeing about vega having a boxing session with shepard either.
>Vega isn't a good character but he's a squadmate at least, yet gets less dialogue and scenes than Cortez.
>he's saying how much each person gets time wise when he hasn't even played the full game
lmao
>They are not in the kodiak or whatever every fucking mission unless you pick vega.
so you're seething about the two lines he does when you have him drop you off? once again lmao
>You are arguing because you are a faggot and mad I am calling out your shit
>he assumes I'm gay because I called him about on being seething about seeing an irrelevant gay character
okay bro, also you literally admit you haven't played the full game and are making proclamations about how much screen time each character gets which is doubly hilarious.

Don't put Drew on a pedistal. He wrote the TOR books too, and they were pretty shit. Besides, a game like Mass Effect has way more than one or two writers. There's no single person responsible for the mostly great writing in ME1 or the mostly terrible writing of ME2 and beyond. Finally, The Illusive Man was a bad character that only looks competent because they make Shepard look retarded in every interaction with him.

The RGB aesthetic was the least egregious of ME3's endings failures.

It wasn't.
Hell, the actual parts that feel like hints at the indoctrination theory were introduced with the Extended Cut, what with Harbinger literally saying "SERVE US" or that robotic noise Shepard makes when he wakes up in the Citadel, even though the EC also debunks that theory.

Mordin and the genophage arc was Patrick Weekes.
Completely coincidentally, he's one of about 2 senior writers that was present for the whole trilogy. He was also the one to blow the whistle on Hack and Casey rewriting the ending at the last minute with no peer review, even if he had to retract the tweet.

The citadel and planets were so open and full of discovery in 1 also. 2 and 3 turned them into small indoor corridors.

I just don't get it. Almost as depressing as the death of the series is the fact that people just bitch about the ending of 3, suggesting the rest of that game and 2 are ok

ofc it "debunks" it. they retconned all this shit to go down the it be like it do route.

>dude member indoc peoplez? they have oily shadows and nightmare dreams etc
>dream sequence starts
wasn't even hidden. not enough time to rewrite it all

To be fair to 2, it had roughly 1's Citadel in terms of explorable areas, they were just spread over different places, like the Wards, and Omega.

I can't defend the loss of planet traveling, though.

>2 and 3 turned them into small indoor corridors.
Honestly? That was just a Bioware thing. Module based levels were pretty big for them.

All I know is ME1 and those first 2 ME books were really good and by him, he led the writing in 1. Then he was gone in 3 and Andromeda which had the worst writing in the franchise

He wrote KOTOR 1, and according to my Googling did not write KOTOR 2 nor TOR

Literally the only time Shepard was around reaper artifacts for sustained amounts of time was Object Rho, and even then it was only a few days when they say it took weeks for Sovereign himself to indoctrinate people.

Honestly, the best part of Andromeda is that it brought back that exploring aspect of ME1 that the series dropped hard. It kind of sucks that you aren't actually exploring a new frontier because every planet you go to has already been inhabited by someone else, but it's still a step in the right direction. It's a shame we'll never get a competently made ME game again.

>no stereotypes have ever existed because they are based on reality
>black people can't make bad decisions
>painting someone other than a white guy as a villain or someone with questionable character is bad because that would make people throw a hissy fit because we all know that even though everyone is super duper equal in every way we need to protect fragile dumb minorities

Post the right pics at least.

Attached: 1405064425339.jpg (1292x3500, 1.54M)

Attached: TOR-Revan.jpg (1875x2850, 2.03M)

>udina wants humanity to have a voice on the council as a means to protect earth

>along comes fucknut marine Shepard who achieves the highest honour a human being has ever received in the know galaxy at this point
>goes to an alien planet, has the opportunity to personality send a species to extinction and then when confronted with those actions by the leaders of the united alien nations, tells them to go fuck themselves
>this is humanity's representative

if i was udina i would have hated shepard too

>are you over it yet?
I'll be over it when someone gets back it time and retcons all this fucking bullshit.

Attached: ah_yes_proteans.jpg (1796x1522, 905K)

That last ad seems to be noticeable on purpose desu.

>and according to my Googling did not write KOTOR 2 nor TOR
he wrote the TOR book shadows of Revan that basically raped both Revan and the kotor 2 characters
I don't have the summary but from memory
>the main character from 2 dies like a fucking chump
>the story from 2 is summarized incorrectly and essentially glossed over
I recall they rape Revans character too but my memory is failing me

All of the citadel in 2 felt like the same place. It was like 2 levels of shops used for the purpose of one dumb joke. There was no presidium or c-sec office. It felt so very closed and limited. I would argue it's still smaller. In 1 there were so many people to meet and talk to to, different ambassadors. It felt big. Everything in 1 felt big and important.

Attached: ah_yes_choices.jpg (2000x2894, 1.21M)

>1 bad book
>shits all over 2
Maybe he had a grudge for being taken off projects or replaced. Sounds pretty based desu

>Hack and Casey rewriting the ending at the last minute with no peer review
the absolute arrogance of that is incredible

Yes, the Citadel was smaller, but there were more places outside the Citadel to explore- barring the empty terrain planets. I'm talking like Omega, and the Krogan home world.

ME1 only really had one hub area.

>it's another trigged /vpol/fag who thinks I'm acting like portraying minorities badly is a terrible thing
god you kiddies are insufferable
I don't care if they make him a watermelon eating deadbeat boyfriend
I do however find it hilarious that he is literally the only love interest who not only leaves you but knocks up another girl after a mere 6 months apart, which is hilarious for a video game company that normally acts like it's "progressive"
but evidently that joke went way over your head

Rose-tinted glasses. ME1 got slammed on release because the game's pacing died when you reached the citadel, just like it did with every other Bioware hubworld made before then.

It wasn't retconned, it wasn't true.
The original script of ME3 leaked and it was completely different down to the motivation of the Reapers.
The game we got is a complete rewrite of what it was supposed to be.
Originally there were things like Cerberus which was indoctrinated from the start.
In this video you can see a ME3 demo from August 2011, where Shepard say that Cerberus is indoctrinated in the Sur'Kesh mission.
In 21:00
youtube.com/watch?v=zlDyol1hs4g

And even the ending and Reaper's motivation was different.
Originall the Reapers destroyed civilizations everytime they achieved spaceflight and spread through the galaxy because, when they start doing so, they start messing with dark energy, which increases it's spread, increases enthropy, and accelerates the ending of the universe, while also getting new Reapers to investigate how to stop this.
This was already hinted at heavily in ME2 during the mission where you recruit Tali, where there's various logs explaining how the Sun of that planet is aging too fast, and conclude that it might be related to dark energy, pic related.
The thing is the Reapers thought there was something in humanity's "essence" that could help them to, maybe, deal with the Dark Energy forever, and the final choice, instead of coming down to how to deal with the Reapers, it would come down to Shepard choosing to either destroy the Reapers and face the increasing dark energy issue on their own, or let them harvest humanity and maybe fix it.

Attached: 1557744449260.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

I'm not trying to defend this but and easy explanation could be that Shepard is the one seeing the statues like that, and same in the visions.
x_doubt.png that anyone at bioware thought that though.
Also, in ME2 didn't they have a quick flash of a Collector from the same ME1 vision, they just changed one of the statues?

The Citadel in ME2 was the worst, instead of the center of galactic civilization it felt like a space mall.

>that image
all that effort yet it's still fucking wrong
they retconned it in 3 that the statues were of the inusannon, who were to the protheans what the protheans are to the current cycle (ilos was basically their feros)

>Originall the Reapers destroyed civilizations everytime they achieved spaceflight and spread through the galaxy because, when they start doing so, they start messing with dark energy, which increases it's spread, increases enthropy, and accelerates the ending of the universe, while also getting new Reapers to investigate how to stop this.
They do bring this up a few times in 3 tho. It's just not seen as that big of a deal.

Oh no. He is coming this way. Everybody run!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (476x269, 55K)

>1 bad book
that set up SWTOR which further raped the lore set up in the two games

and while it might be based for the author himself it also shit on anyone who actually liked 2
I'm also 90% sure it shit on Revan but again can't give you the details right now

Tuchanka was extremely small and limited

Ilium should've just been the Asari homeworld. It, Omega, and the Citadel together are about the size of ME1 Citadel or a little larger. More shops to be sure, but all those shops amounted to less items than in ME1's shops and I'd say ME1 had more missions and people to interact with on the Citadel than those 3.

Stuff like Tuchanka is dwarfed by Noveria, Feros, and even Virmire which you like to omit.

The hype for Omega especially was off the charts, but then you go there and it's one club with nothing in it and one back alley street with a few shops. It was a major disappointment

Looked this guy up because I'd never heard of him before. Holy shit am I glad I don't use twitter. His feed reads exactly like the stereotypical nuBioware employee you'd imagine.

>ME3 leaked
>complete rewrite
I will never understand a decision like that.
"well now there are spoilers, so we have to chang-" No you fucking don't! I didn't fucking read it, don't change shit.
It was the same with Tarantino when his H8full 8 leaked, "waaaah, now I gotta scrap or change".
WHY?! I don't wan't to know the story before I see the movie/play the game, don't change shit because you suck at keeping quiet you fucking hacks.

The main point here is 1 bad book doesnt take away lots of great things he's done and suddenly make him not responsible for ME1's great writing. Whereas most things we see Walters lead is crap. And I'm not putting EA's budget/time shit and gameplay issues on him, just purely the writing.

I wish we had more solid details on who did what. Like someone here mentioned Mordin's bit was written by a certain guy. How do we know that?

>Cardcrusher reads in the wrong direction
REEE NEWFAGS

It shit on Revan by completely destroying the characterization that KOTOR 2 tried to give him. KOTOR 2 made it seem like Revan came back from the unknown regions and decided to try and conquer the Republic to prepare them for a bigger threat from somewhere else. TOR changes that to "lol he was brainwashed by the Emperor."

Entitled gamers btfo
youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP5_YKu0

I think I remember them retconning the ME1 Protheans to be some sort of lesser specie serving the "real" protheans.

As for me my hatred started with ME2 and it still burns to this day

desu i always figured tor was unrelated to kotor but then again who the fuck plays mmos

What about the Citadel itself?

>It shit on Revan by completely destroying the characterization that KOTOR 2 tried to give him.
Wasn't really their place to characterize him desu. They didn't create Revan, and Bioware was pretty explicit in making things as vague as possible so every player felt like they were "canon."

> TFW you still loved ME3 despite its many shortcomings

Attached: 1557106214661.jpg (720x895, 90K)

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (400x501, 21K)

Can you name a single example of someone being indoctrinated from the Citadel itself? They established in the first fucking game that "the last" Prothean scientists cut the reapers connection to it.

Attached: there there.jpg (600x604, 52K)

you no rike game! you no pray!
ding dong bannu

They don't even have to acknowledge it as canon. Just like a ME2 save with a dead Shepard could not be imported into ME3, they could do the same with ME4.

No, the original plot leaked after the game came out.
The whole thing was rewritten when the new writers took over ME3's development, very early.
There's even remnants of that plot in the retarded amount of missions you spend fighting Cerberus, which makes no sense since TIM isn't indoctrinated until the end of the game, unlike the original plot where they are indoctrinated from the start.
The attack on the Citadel was the way the Reapers were trying to take control of the station.
Meanwhile, in the final game the attack on the Citadel makes no sense and isn't explained whatsoever, it's just a pointless terrorist attack.
The only reason they kept that mission was because, after Tuchanka and the Krogan plot, you were supposed to have a mission in Palaven where you'd push back against the Reapers along with the Turians and the Krogan.
They kept the Citadel mission to fill the void because they could just reuse assets from the Citadel hub, instead of having to make a new enviroment, designing a new planet, designing Turian architecture and all that.

youtube.com/watch?v=o9C9OKMyZng

>the final two canon words of vanilla ME3 are "downloadable content"

Attached: Untitled71.png (868x743, 989K)

who cares about 3 anyway? name a better ending than me2 shepard dying

Mother fucker!

I miss when it took some effort to be this much of a stand-out faggot. I want to go back

>which makes no sense since TIM isn't indoctrinated until the end of the game
lmao, he was obviously indoctrinated from the start. why the fuck would you think otherwise?

Of course it was their place. LucasArts hired Obsidian to do exactly that, make a sequel to KOTOR, presumably because Bioware didn't want to or was too wrapped up. And you're stupid if you think that Revan wasn't characterized before the events of KOTOR 1 already. The KOTOR comics, for example, depict him during the Mandalorian Wars. And TOR does the exact same shit by making a canon version of Revan.

He wasn't, he was trying to control the Reapers like he always wanted and hinted at since ME2.
In the original script he was literally siding with the Reapers, not trying to take control of them.

>The main point here is 1 bad book doesnt take away lots of great things he's done and suddenly make him not responsible for ME1's great writing.
I'll concede this somewhat, however
>1 bad book
1 bad book can have far reaching consequences for anything set beyond it
that particular book made the TOR mmo tainted for a lot of fans of the kotor games, while it was in the ME books that Kai Leng debuted (along with setting up miranda/jacob, the liara hunting the shadow broker plot, vega, and more)

>name a better ending than me2 shepard dying
shepard standing ready to take on the insurmountable reapers, then it fades to black and this kicks in
youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc

Wasnt there supposed to be some relevance to that weird star you see in me2 when meetibg tali? Was that rewritten or what

It's fitting that someone who likes ME3 would characterize themselves with a deformed, horribly inbred breed of dog.

>I'm not trying to defend this but and easy explanation could be that Shepard is the one seeing the statues like that, and same in the visions.
It was all a dream/indoctrination/whatever is an incredibly shitty cop out.

>all that effort yet it's still fucking wrong
>they retconned
>retconned
Guess who's fucking wrong, retard.

>I think I remember them retconning
>retconning
Into the trash it goes then.

>the original plot leaked after the game came out
>rewritten when the new writers took over
That's even worse.

Attached: anger.jpg (692x478, 84K)

>He wasn't, he was trying to control the Reapers like he always wanted and hinted at since ME2.
you're unironically retarded if you can't see between the lines here. the illusive man is literally in league with the reapers from before the first time you see cerberus on mars. he was right that they *could* be controlled but that stupid vi at the end literally states he never could have controlled them because he was already controlled by them from the start of the invasion.

functionally speaking it mostly is, apart from a few small bits like Revan appearing partially (don't fucking ask) or a daughter of Bastila being a major member of the jedi
mostly it just took the setting and ideas about the far off true sith empire hidden in space set up in 1 and 2 and ran with it well beyond that

Attached: disgust2.jpg (453x439, 85K)

He wasn't, that's just your own theory, i'm talking about shit the writers actually said.

No it's really not their place. Obsidian is good at building on existing universes but when they start fucking with important characters they didn't create, a line needs to be drawn. Revan was not theirs to characterize, which is why we got the exile to begin with.

>It was all a dream/indoctrination/whatever is an incredibly shitty cop out.
Yeah, I just meant like the did the language thing with Vigil, first Shepard understood a little, then all, and then also the companions.
But that was because it (vigil) learned as you went through Ilos I think.
I don't remember those details anymore, it seems.

nah, you're just being retarded. I cant fathom how you can unironically believe he wasn't indoctrinated through the whole thing.

Onions latte.

The AI says that he couldn't have taken control because at that moment he was already indoctrinated, you know, in the ending, when TIM faces you, and was about to use the Crucible, not when you see him before.
That's why you can see all that Reaper shit in his face at the end, and not in the beginning.

Imagine still being mad at this, lol. Get a life. it's been a decade.

>The AI says that he couldn't have taken control because at that moment he was already indoctrinated
Not at that moment, the intelligence says NEVER explicitly.

Read between lines.
Why do you think Shepard says "you are indoctrinated" at that moment?
Because of the shit in his face, that shit is literally designed to show that he got indoctrinated.

How the fuck could have TIM gotten indoctrinated before the events of ME3 when he had never been close to a Reaper before?

>No it's really not their place. Obsidian is good at building on existing universes but when they start fucking with important characters they didn't create, a line needs to be drawn. Revan was not theirs to characterize, which is why we got the exile to begin with.
they didn't even "fuck" with him which is why I'm not sure you're arguing that. All they did was flesh him out.
Revan in 1 sought the power of the star forge after defeating the mandalorians for reasons that were never 100% explained, literally all 2 did was add in an explanation in that void.
also Revan was whoever the fuck you wanted him to be in 1 and 2 let you decide that as well man/woman still sith/redeemed, it was only with the novel that suddenly everyone had a "canon" gender/alignment
of course with the EU purge canocity is irrelevant and we can say who gives a fuck to the novel, but it was still a slap in the face at the time

lmao "read between the lines" when you are literally only looking surface level.

So you are not smart enough to even understand something when it's explicitely told to you in the face?

He got indoctrinated in the comic prequel. Its a gradual thing.

Their take on Revan was more interesting than Biowares. Stop being a rabid fanboying retard.

>All they did was flesh him out.
He was not theirs to flesh out. I don't care how you want to word it.

HOW did he get indoctrinated when he had never been in contact with Reaper tech until Mass Effect 3?

There was an artifact on Shanxi.

Trying this a third time without fucking up the reply
Yes he was. Lucas Arts gave them the go ahead when they gave them the project. Lucas Arts owned KOTOR, not Bioware. Bioware may have made the world, but it wasn't theirs. Maybe you'd have an argument if Obisidian did a bad job (you can maybe argue that the state that KOTOR 2 came out in was pretty bad, but the restoration patch fixes most of it), but their writing wasn't bad. The characterization they gave Revan made perfect sense and didn't conflict at all with the character you could make Revan into within the first game. Stop riding Bioware's dick. Bioware made a good game with KOTOR, Obisidian made a good but unfinished game with KOTOR 2, then Bioware raped their story with TOR.

Fuck, even ignoring the book and what it did the the characters of KOTOR 2, The Revan raid and expansion Shadow of Revan in TOR did just as much damage to his character.

>He was not theirs to flesh out. I don't care how you want to word it.
>BioWare suggested that Obsidian should be offered the Knights of the Old Republic license due to their familiarity with Obsidian's past work and the good relationship between the two developers, as well as due to finding LucasArts' development schedule for the sequel to be too tight
they literally gave it the green light dude, jesus

>on disk DLC day 1 with a character extremely important to the plot
what the fuck

honestly? if you don't get it yet I don't think you ever will. by the by
>How the fuck could have TIM gotten indoctrinated before the events of ME3 when he had never been close to a Reaper before?
he literally had the heart/brain sitting in the lab right under his chair from right after ME2 until we show up to blow the base. shepard was in jail for 6 months, had been rogue from cerberus for a month or two before that, and the entirety of ME3 takes place over the course of months. you have to be clinically braindead to believe everything was peachy keen with the illusive man until the end sequence.

Crysis 3 ending except Shepard instead of Prophet.
youtube.com/watch?v=INlbqtQUd90
It doesn't work that well in Crysis but I think it would in ME.

game developers need to fucking stop putting so much important plot shit into comics/books the vast majority of people will never read of even hear about
though they also need to avoid the nomura route of a million shitty side games that all matter to the lore too

I don't care how you want to word it, yes he was. Obsidian were well within their rights just like any other EU writer who wrote books about Luke, Han, Leia, Obi-wan or whoever else were within their rights.

And that's it.
It was in contact with it once, that's not enough to be indoctrinated.
Shepard spent two days in Arrival near a Reaper artifact, and he even got inside one, and nothing happened to him.

Comic about Saren and TIM discovering reaper shit on Shanxi and getting indoctrinated right there before the plot of ME1 even happens.

OK

>you will live to see Joss Whedon become the next Rob Liefeld
I should have listened

Attached: it's ogre now.jpg (419x746, 38K)

>he literally had the heart/brain sitting in the lab right under his chair from right after ME2 until we show up to blow the base
ESL?

You are not Saren.

I'm a heavy believer in the indoctrination theory so I would say that something did happen to him.

It was never established how long you had to stay near them.

imagine being in on the meetings where this was devised

no faggot, you apparently just can't read.

I played the full game and I agree that you're full of shit and Cortez shouldn't even be in the fucking game in the first place.
I bet you jerk off to Jessica Literallywhobot.

input text doesn't count unless you also want to count the copyright boilerplate and terms of service

i 'member. Also rembember that "corpse" floors that was actually a texture instead of piling corpses on the floor? Also that you had to pick who to save and it was just bullshit? The only thing ME 3 did better was combat, and nobody played ME games for combat. FUCK THEM

Attached: 1506895803752.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

Joss Whedon only contributed one good thing in his life, and that was the screenplay for fucking Titan AE.

not him but that's perfectly readable, though he should have specified
>the baby human reaper's heart/brain right in his lab

literally in the first game they tell you it takes weeks to months of constant proximity.

That would be a nice setup for a sideplot in a potential Mass Effect 4.
Like, what if a Reaper was outside of the galaxy for plot reasons, for repairs or something, and when it saw that they were all wiped out, it tried to gather resources from a planet to open a white hole and bring in their "true masters" or something like that.

What the fuck do they know about such advanced alien technology?

>pick a color
>yes please!
>still looks disappointed
I don't get it.

Playing 3 for the first time. Is the shitty ending replaced with the newer dlc one or is the dlc ending just tacked on at the end?

>first game
I bet it's retconned! :-)

No, it's implied that he gets indoctrinated throughout the game due to his exposure to the Reapers.
That's why he wants to take control of them, instead of literally working for them like in the original plot.
I have no idea what kind of person can have a hard time understanding this, you are literally the only one who thinks otherwise, so i'm not even going to bother continuing to discuss this if you can't even understand something that simple.

Benezia mentions it and it's mentioned on Virmire. Ya know, where they were explicitly experimenting on and testing indoctrination.

In ME1 Saren explains that if a Reaper tries to indoctrinate too fast they turn the person into a bumbling husk. In order to fully indoctrinate someone it takes them weeks or even months.

>I played the full game and I agree that you're full of shit and Cortez shouldn't even be in the fucking game in the first place.
>yet another retard seething about an inconsequential pilot he doesn't even have to talk to
and?
>I bet you jerk off to Jessica Literallywhobot.
don't remind me about that fucking travesty of a character and the fact they fucking killed off emily wong in their pre release news shit
not to mention having the reapers take out one of the most populated human colonies for no reason other than for emotional drama for that ugly cunt

The EC replaces it, there's a few more changes to it besides the ending cutscene, there's extra dialogue, a few extra scenes during the final mission, etc.

Both of them were indoctrinated. How can you believe them?

Because that's expository dialogue, and this isn't MGS.

I will never not be mad that when they made a game in an entirely different galaxy that it's still just 90% the Milky Way races. If it had been an entirely new set of species and you play as something other than a human there might've been something itneresting there.

Attached: 1518988193914.jpg (400x400, 50K)

Because neither character lied about literally anything else. Occam's Razor.

>That's why he wants to take control of them, instead of literally working for them like in the original plot.
He LITERALLY is working for them the entire game. That's why Cerberus never gets attacked and why they implant reaper tech straight into their soldiers with no obvious blow back on the organization. The Reapers wanted Cerberus to split everyones attention. This is explicitly mentioned every time you talk to him and even how you convince him to an hero.

Save the Citadel DLC for after the ending and you'll end on an actually good note

there's an extended monologue by hackett and some shots of different species/characters after the war. it's actually quite nice. a hell of a lot better than what it originally was but it couldn't have been worse, so that's not saying much.

We are talking about TIM, not Cerberus as a whole.
And this isn't up to discussion, the literal script says so.
You are arguing against the writers of the game.

>Retarded weeb reading the comic from right to left
Dude you need to learn to hide your power level

Attached: 1520295077588.jpg (1920x1080, 970K)

not to mention it's pointed out by Javik that the exact same split between destroy/control happened in his own cycle when it came to the crucible, and that the controlfags were indoctrinated retards for the reapers, which is as obvious a hint that is the case for TIM as you can get.

Nah I'm arguing with some dumb faggot to kill time. You have to be and actual drooling retard to not see this honestly.

It's not entirely unbelievable. In Andromeda you only explore on small star cluster as opposed to the entire galaxy, and Andromeda doesn't have any analogue to the Milky Way's Relay system. The odds of coming across multiple species when everyone is restricted to standard FTL travel would be slim. Though you have to wonder how Andromeda just happened to develop Eezo technology almost identical to the Milky Way. Maybe it would have been explained in a future game with the Remanent or something, but we'll never get an Andromeda 2 so who knows.

No, you aren't, the leaked final script specifically mentions that TIM gets indoctrinated throughout ME3.
You are trying to correct the writers about their own plot.

If you're on PC just get JAM. You get to keep the crucible exposition while also giving decent endings compared to vanilla or extended DLC.

They should have had an attachment of human only Cerberus members going to Andromeda.

No, I'm correcting some dumb faggot.

And yet somehow Bioware thinks that putting control in as an ending is somehow a logical option. Legit the options boil down to Control or Synthesis, but who the fuck is going to listen to Starchild when he says that Synthesis is the preferred option? Destroy will always be the only real option.

>mfw I didn't like Mass Effect or Bioware in the first place

Attached: 1536331516091.jpg (640x732, 120K)

Honestly I have no interest in seeing a sequel and even if I did I have no faith Bioware would do it right. But it does sound kind of interesting.

What are you talking about?
The only thing Javik says about the Crucible is that he heard rumors of a superweapon being built somewhere, nothing more.
He says that his empire suffered from indoctrinated groups, he never says anything about destroying or controlling because the Crucible never got built in their cycle.

To be fair, 3 is still a good game until the last 20 minutes. But I'm not gonna excuse the cut content being made into day 1 DLC

That's kind of a thing. You find out the director of the Andromeda Initiative was killed by a Cerberus agent. I don't remember all of the details or motivations, but I recall that Cerberus was one of the main financial benefactors of the Initiative.

>currently working on a game
>have publisher funding so its official
>its a flight sim game
>every fucking day I work on this game, get the urge to suggest pivoting into making into a Rogue Squadron game based on the mass effect universe
>we'll never play as a turian pilot fighting the humans in space dog fights
>have to constantly curtail my expectations cus we're a small team making a small game
fuck dreams

I mean, you'd stop the Reaper like that, but it would leave some intrigue as to what was up with the Reapers really.
Honestly, for these kind of "lovecraftian" creatures it's not needed for them to be fully explained, their entire appeal is being terrifying, seemingly all-powerful beings that are beyond your comprehension.

My personal mods for making ME3 bearable are the Expanded Galaxy Mod, Jay's Alternate Ending mod, and Citadel Epilogue.

>that are beyond your comprehension
except instead of making it so that their motivation is 2smart4u its actually just incomprehensible because it makes no fucking sense

Yes, you are correcting someone quoting Mass Effect 3 writers about ME3's plot.
You know more than them about what they wrote.

1 is a slog to get through gameplay-wise but the story is great. 2 is amazing but super disjointed from the main overarching plot and 3 is good until that ending. The one downside is that to fuly epereince the story you need basically all the DLC and it's still full price through official sources

Attached: best guy.gif (200x288, 1.99M)

I'll take that concession. Try not being retarded and spewing garbage about things you don't understand next time, user.

That's the thing, they shouldn't have given them any.
Just give some vague hints towards higher causes and that's it, that's the entire appeal of these kind of monsters.

After one of the Cerberus missions he talks about it. Don't lie.

Not him but your last 3 posts are basically playground tier insults. You're not in any position to be arguing when you make that many autistic spergs in a row

There's no debate to be had with drooling retards, brainlet-kun. I mock them as they deserve.

I think the only thing I would tolerate is a really ambiguous "the wheel must turn" sort of deal. Maybe the original race wants some kind of technology to emerge but its just not happening so they keep stirring the pot to get a different outcome

control is retarded but you should let players be retarded if they want to be, at least it was actually talked about in 3 as opposed to the out of nowhere writers pet option synthesis

I think the somewhat vague hints Leviathans gave you was explanation enough. I really liked the concept of an ultra-intelligent primordial race of aliens that just fucked up and the smartest thing they thought of was to run away and hide. I did play ME3 along with all the DLC a few years after the initial blowout so I wasn't sour on them as I imagine most people are.

>at least it was actually talked about in 3 as opposed to the out of nowhere writers pet option synthesis
eeeeeeh. legion kinda foreshadowed that one.

>When the Prothean VI Vendetta mentions that an indoctrinated splinter group sabotaged the Protheans' attempt to use the Crucible, Javik will say, "I always suspected as much."
don't lie
he specifically talked about it being a destroy/control split but you can find video if you want the full thing, I won't spoonfeed you further

youtube.com/watch?v=qK6U0ZisDYk

6:57

He literally says that they never finished the Crucible.
The only thing he says is that there were indoctrinated groups among them who sabotaged them, nothing more.

seriously
>kill or control these genocidal machine bastards
>alternatively merge everything together as one, peace and love and understanding had by all, what a beautiful future
eat me you reaper shits

>Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we’ll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it’s still the same old Poo.
it will never not be funny

Attached: 1402099014513.jpg (249x265, 29K)

Control would be alright if it ended up being a bad ending, and that Starkid saying "TIM couldn't do it because he was indoctrinated but you can because your speshul." Instead it turns out that Shepard is extra speshul and becomes the new Starkid turning all of the Reapers into good guys. It should have been a bad ending that fucks over the galaxy and lets the Reapers win.

I do wonder if he's still mad.

Attached: hgBODIa.jpg (900x993, 267K)

There's no debate to be had because you are contradicting the words of the writers.
You are trying to imply your own speculation, one that no one else has spouted because literally everyone else understood that TIM was being indoctrinated as time went on.

>The only thing he says is that there were indoctrinated groups among them who sabotaged them, nothing more.
And that the ones who sabotaged them wanted to control them, because they were already indoctrinated and being played. Sound familiar user?

prothean vi on thessia mentioned this not javik
youtu.be/Gta4BZTUlt4?t=663

So they were sabotaging the empire itself, not that the Crucible itself because it was never finished.

If I'm still pissed about it, no doubt he is as well.

You can still do that tho. With the extended cut shit you can tell the shitty robot to fuck off, and it's implied the next cycle used liaras little black boxes to end the reapers.

Thing is, TIM showed hints at him wanting to control them since Mass Effect 2, since before being indoctrinated.
A big hint is when he asks you to keep the Collector base.

What he says is a hint at what eventually happens to TIM, which is that he ends up indoctrinated, showed by the shit in his face, and the fact that the script literally says that the indoctrination only starts showing up in Thessia.

I think those who experienced the original ending before even the extended cut came to bump it up from a 1/10 to a 1.5/10 will never ever not be mad

Only if you shoot Starkid. Which is really just a fuck you to people that spent two hours shooting at the little fuck to tell him that his game is shit. The ending that shooting starkid gives you should have been what control gave you.

>sits right on top of a reaper heart/brain for over a year
>noooooo he was only indoctrinated in his last moments >:((((((((
lmao

>thing is literally written in the game's leaked final script
>NOOOO, MY SPECULATION IS THE REAL THING
I think you should simply tell this to Mac Walters and Casey Hudson instead.

>if I keep squealing SCRIIIIPT it will become true
lmao

The Refusal ending also happens if you keep telling Starchild to fuck off.
youtube.com/watch?v=WFwsL-bj4Mo
11:58

Attached: 1544822628709.jpg (557x550, 87K)

Or you can just look up the leaked script and read the notes written about TIM.
But considering you are this autistically obsessed with a detail like this, you are not going to.
Not that I care.
It's your word against the writers, and you are a nobody.

>Gender shit with Asari
Am I high, or wasn't it established that Asari project a psychic image to make themselves look appealing to whoever happens to be looking at them? Why are there "ugly" Asari in Andromeda? Why would they even have gendered pronouns if their species doesn't technically have genders, or just has 1 gender. Am I stupid or what?

>wasn't it established that Asari project a psychic image to make themselves look appealing to whoever happens to be looking at them?
Fan theories. Otherwise probably just "retconned again! :-)"

Thanks for the second concession, but I'd prefer if you just stop drooling all over the place.

I was just trying to refer to the fact that the original meme is read from right to left.
I don't even read mangos that much, honest.

I could have sworn theres a scene in 2 where a Turian, Krogan, and Salari are talking around a table about 1 girl looking different

>wasn't it established that Asari project a psychic image to make themselves look appealing to whoever happens to be looking at them?
No. The whole thing is a three _drunken_ buddies discussing parts of asari body they find attractive. One of them throws out the question but nothing ever comes of it.

No, i'm saying that the writers of Mass Effect 3 said you are wrong.
You are just making childish cry out of an almost meaningless plot point.
Are you autistic?

It's sort of implied in a conversation between a few guys in the bar in Illium. A Salarian, Turian, and Human are there for the Salarian's bachelor party, and each comment on how they don't see why other races would find an Asari attractive because of certain features. It could be interpreted as them looking different to different races, or as each race focusing on the things they find most similar to their own race.
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7r80IOxtE

Right, that's from ME2. Not surprising, in retrospect, seeing as they started either adding dumb shit or retconning from the get go. Gritty and Edgy! More Mature!

Brainlet here, I don't understand

I like 2 a lot because I would much rather an ME game that isn't focused around an ancient evil and is more about following and resolving multiple plotlines.
The series has a lot of potential for this that it realized a bit in 2 that's going to remain forever wasted.

Considering that Asari statues would look different, and they would look different on coms, I think this is just some shit an off-writer through in but isn't regarded as main canon by any key staff

youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8

the drunk bachelor party dudes having a convo in 2 talk about how certain parts of the asari (the table dancer) resemble their own species, they're projecting onto the asari

>why would they even have gendered pronouns if their species doesn't technically have genders, or just has 1 gender.
they use female pronouns for everything, matriarchy, mother, she. they're mono gendered, singular, feminine.
i didn't mind the gender identity shit because it makes some sense, a human/other alien species would be curious about that shit and we've got all that going on in humans so why not asari.

the worst part is they even actively try to punish you for using destroy by killing EDI and the Geth. such garbage.

>they use female pronouns for everything, matriarchy, mother, she. they're mono gendered, singular, feminine.
nah liaras dad gets pissed when you call her the other mother.

That sounds pretty definitive to me.
>She looks exactly like a Salari!
>No, Turian!
I mean like the other user said, its probably something an intern wrote to be intrigueing and not actually canon, though I wish it was.

They could use any ending they wanted and it would still make sense in a direct sequel.
>destroy: reapers defeated, tech used to rebuild. Mass relays not destroyed as retconned in extended cut
>synthesis: literally zero difference to the galactic status quo. Still can have conflict with synthetics
>control: reapers help rebuild then fuck off to dark space to observe quietly
Do the above and you could pretty much have a galaxy that's fairly similar regardless of the ending you chose and available to be expanded upon.

Even if she was psychically manipulating them, she was a poledancer entertaining a bachelor party. I don't think extrapolating that to the entire race is even close to correct.

ah yes, the rat pigman.

I'm pretty sure it's just the different species interpreting different parts of Asari anatomy to look like themselves. The Turian specifically references the head fringe and that his knees bend different from hers, and both of the other two see the Asari's belly button.

i would rather an ME game that had weird alien shit happening that is strange and sometimes best left alone, ala stark trek. rather than a ''gather your fuckwit daddy issue crewmates together for a big epic explosion fight'' that was 2.

oh yeah. dad was stupid, father would work better since she literally fathered liara - gave her genetic material to benezia for her to grow liara inside her. she's nobody's 'dad'.

>oh yeah. dad was stupid, father would work better since she literally fathered liara - gave her genetic material to benezia for her to grow liara inside her. she's nobody's 'dad'.
I say dad, but they do use the word father explicitly.

Destroy ending should make all Reaper tech including the Relay Gates un-usable.

Asari aren't women. Whatever their "mono-gender" is is a mystery. The feminine words they use are a linguistic convenience.

She's establishing that asari aren't actually women, or view themselves as feminine, or use other species' gender conventions for themselves. She's also saying that the actual gender/sex of the "father" is irrelevant and they're always the "father" a word that's un-gendered to the asari.

Attached: whenbiowaredoesntknowitsownlore copy.png (1232x253, 384K)

based chads know you dont romance anybody in ME and deny every single advance from characters.

you will always be a mysterious fucking legend.

>gave her genetic material to benezia
That's not how Asari reproduction works. Unless that's retconned now too.

It's implied the destroy "wave" targets synthetic life, not specific tech.

It does, but the galactic community had already figured out how to replicate the mass effect fields and whatnot so rebuilding them isn't out of the question.

>No option to tell Joker he's fuckiong pathetic for falling in love with a robot
Look man, I get the idea in the abstract, falling in love with an "artificial" personality. I watch star trek, I can see why people find Data appealing. But EDI is basically like SIRI, she has no personality whatsoever. What did Joker fall in love with exactly? No one even bothers to bring up the fact that Joker loved the ship before it had a personality.

Im gonna diverge a bit and rant about how much I hate this shit. We KNOW how to write this story, someone falling in love with an AI, we had these stories around before computers even existed and yet ME does it in the most childish way possible by not even adresssing the conundrums. Its just oh theyre in love despite zero chemistry. Literally zero. This shit happens all the time in every medium, we have decades of experience making games and writing stories and what have you but AAA continues to bet he most amateurish shit possible. Not just in writing but the games themselves. Half Life 2 showed us what a cinematic game is, and its not just a bunch of fucking chatter-in-your-ear, linear objective "muh sad dad" shit. Action games are worse, RPGs are worse, RTS's are worse. The golden age of gaming has come and gone and we are playing some mediocre fucking garbage in comparison.

>What did Joker fall in love with exactly? No one even bothers to bring up the fact that Joker loved the ship before it had a personality.
You answered your own question, and EDI actually brings it up that he loved the ship (ie Her) before the body.

The worst part of this fiasco wasn't just a shitty ending to a good series. Oh no.
This was the beginning of game companies and their crony (((journos))) blaming and berating the players for wanting what was promised and being angry when it wasn't delivered.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_EiEIKLd4U

>The feminine words they use are a linguistic convenience.
that's true shepard has a universal language translator or whatever so terms are humanised, still they look like human women with tentacle heads so we could really argue the details of it all day.

they mind meld and take their partners genetic traits to create life inside them, that's fathering. it just 'mental' sperm.

I don't remember the lore that well anymore but I am pretty sure it is out of the question. Reaper tech and the relays have been studied by pretty much every exterminated race and none of them have figured out how to replicate them.

>Its just oh theyre in love despite zero chemistry. Literally zero.
What? ME2 had Joker and EDI bantering with each other constantly. They definitely had personalities that played off of each other.

lmao just like they couldn't be destroyed, except the fucking thing was obliterated when Shepard threw a giant asteroid at it. There's a difference between "can't be done" and "never been tried out of fear."

yeah but in like a cutsie way that someone loves their car, he wasn't like, hankering to bone his ship. He's just projecting the good times he's had with the ship onto a voice.

I mean, its Mass Effect banter. Affection is more than just jokes man. I wouldn't even mind the relationship as written as long as you could poke holes in it. Your only options are just "go for it joker" or neutral ambivalence.

Did you already forget about the conduit?

>they mind meld and take their partners genetic traits to create life inside them, that's fathering.
Yes, but it's not the same as passing of of genetic material, i.e. gametes.

>it just 'mental' sperm.
Yeah, I guess the post-ME1 writers think their players are all Asari because they are constantly trying to mentally jizz into our brains with their retarded shit.

This is the shift from ME1 that pisses me off the most, and it started with 2. It plagued ME2. Some of the quips may have been funny, but it was exactly the problem you described.
ME1 tried to be a space opera. Its sequels tried to be comic books

>yeah but in like a cutsie way that someone loves their car, he wasn't like, hankering to bone his ship. He's just projecting the good times he's had with the ship onto a voice.
And then that shit was given sentience and he everntually came to love its mind too. Then that voice/mind was given form and boom. EDI even mentions that he said something like she "didn't have to conform to gender stereotypes to impress him," then she called him on his bullshit and the relationship progresses if you allow and encourage it. It's really not that hard to grasp.

The Protheans built the Conduit, dude.

Attached: 1541652605234.jpg (800x1097, 313K)

I don't remember there being many quips beyond EDI and Joker, and that was their thing, Joker was a sarcastic, cynic douchebag and EDI liked annoying him.

youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

damn whats the source on those things? brought me a little bit of happiness seeing them

Overall I agree, but Shepard in 1 is one of the most boring MCs out there. At least he got some style in the last 2.

Speculation of asari doing mind tricks to make themselves look appealing is established in the book "Mass Effect: Revelation" which predates the first game AND was written by the lead writer, Drew Karpyshyn.
Its some throwaway line where Anderson comments on asari attractivness then on the theory that they use biotic trickery to look so good, since he couldn't comprehend how they appealed to so many species.

The original post's point was not about appeal but actual features, like more bird-like or whatever.

Not it doesn't. This is the original post , closely followed by the user saying it was all retconned in later games, which it wasn't.

No, it's just funny how Bioware, for all their SJW shit, unintentionally made a black character that's just nig stereotypes.

Nah I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry mate.

Reminder Mark Meer improved with every game while Jennifer Hale remained her shitty overrated self the entire time.

they made her deliver lines really over the top in the sequels i wish they didn't she got it just right in 1.
meer was great in 3 this is true.

I thought this was the general consensus? Femshep always sounds horrible but Male Shepard always sounded decent to fantastic.

Ive never actually played Mass effect. Hell I actually know very little of the story or anything. Worth a play? And should I play should I like just pretend 2 is the end? Or 1 even? Or swallow the fact 3 is bad but I should still play it anyway. Or spend my time productively practicing my drawing?

Play the entire trilogy.
Although the ending is crap, 3 still has it's moments and the combat is pretty good.
ME1 in general feels a bit dated though, specially regarding combat.

On a PC? Play all the way and get an ending mod of your choosing for 3. On the whole the series is p good, it's more shitty for people who invested time waiting and supporting ancillary shit. Like myself, fuck you EA.

>and nobody played ME games for combat.
Heh heh yeah....

newfag
i heard the script of ME 3 leaked on Yea Forums is that true?

I kept replaying ME3 because the combat was fun.
The N7 Defender is so satisfying to use.

I'd absolutely try 1, if you like it play 2 and 3 just to see the trilogy through, if you don't like it I wouldn't bother with the sequels
I should note that the general consensus is that combat gets better as the games go on, so if that is your only issue with 1 I'd certainly keep going.
>ME1 in general feels a bit dated though, specially regarding combat.
beyond combat I really didn't get that feel honestly

except for the Terra Firma dudes chanting "Earth First" which is funny in hindsight

>except for the Terra Firma dudes chanting "Earth First" which is funny in hindsight
Those guys are cool tho. You can debate them, and even declining their offer and having alien squad mates speak up doesn't stop him from being civil.

Alright ill pirate the trilogy. I actually did play like the first 30mins of the first game at a friends house and never got around to re downloading it at my house.

I've always unironically preferred Meer. Hale's delivery meant that Paragon and Renegade dialogue sounded like it came from different people, it had no consistency. Meer's VA worked far better in a game about choosing your own dialogue.
Meer was also a big fan of the games which made him cooler by default.

Bres buton :D

Attached: douche_eggs.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

Be sure it has all the DLC, specially Mass Effect 3.
For ME1 you can skip Pinnacle Station, which is utter trash.
ME2's are okay, but the three main DLCs are just about 1-2 hours long
They are okay, but short.
ME3's are good, though.

If you pirate you'll probably need ME3PSE just to boost your ready rating in 3.

>some drunk dudes drooling over a slut
>"duuuuuuh psychic field!"
I hate all of you

Attached: 1510686633089.jpg (700x1800, 1.21M)

>and having alien squad mates speak up doesn't stop him from being civil
he actually shows his more cunty side if some of your alien friends talk, particularly liara, then tries to backtrack when you call him out on it.
>Alright ill pirate the trilogy
good because I forgot to mention to do exactly that. it's amazing EA keeps that shit as high priced as it is today
also dlc wise pinnacle station for 1 and the firewalker one for 2 have no impact on the story or later games so they're skippable (I'd get pirated versions with all dlc though)
no he wont, I've done both paragon or renegade runs and you can get maximum readiness quite easily especially for paragon runs. even with 50% readiness

I haven't played Mass Effect but I watched Game of Thrones. Was Mass Effect 3 basically Season 8?

>no he wont, I've done both paragon or renegade runs and you can get maximum readiness quite easily especially for paragon runs. even with 50% readiness
You can, but only if you do perfect paragon runs throughout all 3 games. Not an easy feat without playing with the wiki up on your first run, and who does that? Much easier to just start a private server and add a bunch of credits to give yourself an extra 20-30% boost.

Deus Ex was given heaps of shit for this though. It got plenty of good reviews but all of them at least mentioned the stupid pick your ending machine at the end.

Mass Effect 3 didn't get anywhere near as much shit for doing something much worse, at least not in "professional" reviews from "gaming journalists".

>retardation: the post
The "psychic field" bit was established in the book published before the first game, so no, not just drunk guys drooling.

>You can, but only if you do perfect paragon runs throughout all 3 games. Not an easy feat without playing with the wiki up on your first run, and who does that? Much easier to just start a private server and add a bunch of credits to give yourself an extra 20-30% boost.
why would you need a wiki especially for one? though I always play a gigantic moralfag unless I'm deliberately doing renegade runs so maybe I just got lucky.
also you know every game has a console where you can give equipment/xp/etc. right? though 1 has no god mode

No because all of Season 8 was garbage.
ME3 fucked it up right at the end.

I've seen plenty of people who act like femshep was always better, which I agree with for 1 but Meer improved with each game and it's pretty obvious.

The canon ending to ME3 is shooting the reaper kid with the gun.

You're welcome to disagree, however since it brings unique dialogue and unique ending, it clearly had more care than all three of the color endings combined.

at the very least they're all different. ME3 was literally "pick a color"

lmao the refusal ending was made entirely because Bioware devs were butthurt at all the vids that came out of people shooting the kid.

I mean, why would a renegade in 2 give a fuck if the squad mates were loyal? Or why wouldn't they shoot Wrex in 1? Any of them dying knocks off quite a bit in 3 or makes some resolutions outright impossible. Hell, the quarians have a counter for actions with them in 2 and 3, and if you don't get 4 or 5+ points you literally cannot stop them no matter what.

femshep is better for futa porn but that's about it. I've never even finished a playthrough with a femshep because her voice is god awful and doesn't match the character.

This game hardened me into a tough, cynical piece of shit that always expects the worst.

just wait until life happens to you bro

>Jacob
>not Nigger in both categories
Absolutely Reapers.

>Or why wouldn't they shoot Wrex in 1? Any of them dying knocks off quite a bit in 3 or makes some resolutions outright impossible.
killing wrex is actually a good thing for a renegade player since if you destroy maelon's data in 2 you can sabotage the genophage and let mordin live, in addition wreav is a drooling retard so you get both the krogan forces and extra salarian ones.
Though if you were minmaxing in terms of krogan/salarians you should save the council and kirrahe but kill wrex so you get the salarian third fleet as well.
>Hell, the quarians have a counter for actions with them in 2 and 3, and if you don't get 4 or 5+ points you literally cannot stop them no matter what.
why wouldn't a renegade shepard side with the quarians? renegade dialogue up till then has been
>fuck AI and fuck the geth
and thanks to the dlc lowering the assets required to get all endings you can only get the quarians and still have room to spare asset wise

I don't doubt it, but that dialogue is pretty based tho, even the intelligence chimp out scream.

Its actually just a side-effect of their shitty writing and choice not mattering, Jacob's romance in me3 consists of that one line of dialog where he goes "well you weren't around so i ditched you", thats the only variable line, everything else like "hey my girlfriend wants to name our kid after you" is all still there, its like how killed Rachni? fuck you there was a spare

>galactic doom
it was always undercut by being able to go have parties and chill at the citadel

>why wouldn't a renegade shepard side with the quarians? renegade dialogue up till then has been
You quite literally need the geth if you sit at 50% readiness.
>killing wrex is actually a good thing for a renegade player since if you destroy maelon's data in 2 you can sabotage the genophage and let mordin live, in addition wreav is a drooling retard so you get both the krogan forces and extra salarian ones.
If you're a full renegade in 2, why the fuck would you care if Mordin was loyal? You probably wouldn't even encounter Maelon.

This is what I mean. Unless you're just the savior of the galaxy through and through for all 3 games, it's tough to hit the right EMS without giving yourself a boost through the multiplayer.

Basically but it occasionally had good bits unlike 8

>You quite literally need the geth if you sit at 50% readiness.
m8 I just did a renegade run a month ago and got a perfect destroy ending with just the quarians
I'm not sure if you're aware but the dlc knocked down the assets required for the "perfect" ending for each choice big time, I'm pretty sure it's only 3100 now and I hit closer to 4000 in my renegade run
>If you're a full renegade in 2, why the fuck would you care if Mordin was loyal? You probably wouldn't even encounter Maelon.
why wouldn't I want to deal with the fact a high level stgfag who worked on the genophage is now in the hands of the krogan savages?
only places I wasn't 100% renegade was I destroyed the collector base (I wasn't doing control and knew full well the consequences in 3) and saved samara because renegade saving morinth is the most retarded decision from all 3 games
>Unless you're just the savior of the galaxy through and through for all 3 games, it's tough to hit the right EMS without giving yourself a boost through the multiplayer.
I'm telling you m8 it's easily possible

>why wouldn't I want to deal with the fact a high level stgfag who worked on the genophage is now in the hands of the krogan savages?
Why would you is the real question. Your only goal is stopping the collectors and reapers, not helping some bug eyed amphibian with his assistant.
>I'm telling you m8 it's easily possible
And I'm telling you that's not the case for someone fresh. Me and you know the ins and outs. Someone who has never played it wouldn't know and could likely get suckered into the control ending without choice as a renegade.

>Why would you is the real question. Your only goal is stopping the collectors and reapers, not helping some bug eyed amphibian with his assistant.
>hey lets let the krogan potentially have a way to cure the genophage and let their savagery loose on the galaxy a second time
this isn't just a random salarian, they both worked on the genophage
>Someone who has never played it wouldn't know and could likely get suckered into the control ending without choice as a renegade.
I would still say no because it's hard to fuck up that badly so long as you actually do side missions in all the games

>this isn't just a random salarian, they both worked on the genophage
Why the fuck would the genophage matter to renegade Shepard? Their only goal is stopping the collectors and reapers. A side trip to Tuchanka to "rescue" and assistant is completely unnecessary.
>I would still say no because it's hard to fuck up that badly so long as you actually do side missions in all the games
It's really not that hard. Certainly easier to fuck it all up than to get the drag and drop private server.

In my opinion this game set in motion a chain of events that ended up with Trump being elected president.
Not necessarily a bad thing mind you, and that might have happened regardless, but always found it a curious thought.

You can't just post that without elaborating. Please tell me more.

>Why the fuck would the genophage matter to renegade Shepard? Their only goal is stopping the collectors and reapers. A side trip to Tuchanka to "rescue" and assistant is completely unnecessary.
because a renegade shepard recognizes that krogan are dangerous animals who can't be allowed to be cured of the genophage? that's the whole reason you blow up the cure in 1 and why you wind up kiling wrex since he spergs out (proving the point lmao)
considering every dialogue where it comes up the renegade choice always agrees with the genophage as extremely necessary why wouldn't shepard say "well better deal with this shit before I have to save these hapless fucks from another threat"?
>It's really not that hard
I genuinely don't see how you could fuck it up so long as you either went full paragon/renegade and did every mission you could

>that's the whole reason you blow up the cure in 1
That's categorically false tho.

Play through and love ME1 and 2 mostly, actually enjoy the characters and the setting, have the genuine urge to keep playing
>All the actual talent jumps ship, bunch of retards left under some fags with a superiority complex
>ME3 comes out, basically nothing you did in the last games matter, the characters are all out of whack and half the fucking thing is locked behind paywalls
>"Hey Shepard pick a colour offered to you by this spooky little faggot, also I'm in control of the Reapers and totally have a good reason for this all trust me"
My rage remains as strong now as it did years ago and it will barely lessen when EA finally guts these condescending twats.

Attached: 1540870007957.jpg (440x422, 14K)

Perhaps the only possible fuck-ups you can fall foul of are losing Kelly by not starting the suicide mission immediately and not getting the paragon/renegade option with Samara which is really hard to fill.

Why yes what you said was retardation: The post

>it will barely lessen when EA finally guts these condescending twats.
lmao, Bioware is already dead and gutted. ME3 was just the final nail. Everything after the is just grotesque puppetry with Biowares corpse.

>That's categorically false tho.
well you do it to fuck over saren but when trying to explain it to wrex paragon goes
>they'll just be slaves to saren
while renegade (not counting the one where wrex lives) is basically
>it'll be a bunch of angry krogan and we can't allow that to happen
after being a cunt to wrex that is

>well you do it to fuck over saren but when trying to explain it to wrex paragon goes
I mean, the split personal opinions hardly matter when killing them is happening regardless.

it does in the context of 2 when why a renegade shepard might be willing to detour to tuchanka to deal with maelon being in krogan hands

people outside Yea Forums have already forgotten what a hot mess this game was. normies still consider 3 at the same level as 1 and 2.

Okay but it's kind of a dumb thing I always like to mention half-joking, half-serious.

Basically it started with gorillion teens and young adults being completely mad about their franchise turned to shit, and rightfully so, then this shit happened People were already fed up with gaming press faggotry for many years now sure, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back, and paved the ground for the whole gamergate thing, which was about to happen some time after, to blow up of proportion.
Thanks to that, a big chunk of those teens and young adults started being considered "misogynists" and "nazis" and all those now meaningless buzzwords we're sadly used to nowadays, turning then "redpilled" or "alt-right" faggots depending on your point of view, which helped turn the tide in the upcoming elections of 2016.

tldr: ME3 > "gamer entitlement" > gamergate > "alt-right" > Trump

Not really because it's not his problem. Even if renegade Shepard believes the Krogan will be an issue later, that isn't his problem when human colonies are being target right this second by the collectors and reapers, doubly so when the reasoning is to help some random Salarian you only picked up to make shields against collector probes.

Like, do you think Renegade Shepard would have made a trip to Virmire to deal with the Krogan if Saren wasn't involved? Because I just don't see it.

Pretty good observation, I think you're certainly onto something even if there were many other factors at play. What is history if not a series of ripple effects, though?

You aren't the first or the last to make these observations. And it is pretty spot on.

Attached: 1519325436024.jpg (1024x789, 132K)

>2 faggots are fucking dumb faggots
Jesus

>Not really because it's not his problem. Even if renegade Shepard believes the Krogan will be an issue later, that isn't his problem when human colonies are being target right this second by the collectors and reapers, doubly so when the reasoning is to help some random Salarian you only picked up to make shields against collector probes.
I would disagree, renegade shepard is clearly inclined to shoot first ask questions later and I would apply this to when confronted with a threat that would be fucking big later on.
though lets be honest we're psychoanalyzing a character whose actions are dependent on our own choices and don't even always mesh well in terms of what is renegade from game to game (like going from alliance first in 1 and not liking cerberus to "fuck the alliance and cerberus is based" in 2 and then back again in 3)
so I'm going to just stop posting about this

>though lets be honest we're psychoanalyzing a character whose actions are dependent on our own choices and don't even always mesh well in terms of what is renegade from game to game (like going from alliance first in 1 and not liking cerberus to "fuck the alliance and cerberus is based" in 2 and then back again in 3)
u rite. it's a bit of a silly conversation based on how they crafted and allowed players to craft Shepard. Just another reason to hate EA and 2010+ Bioware for ruining a good thing.

the irony of this image always gets me
>meme a guy into the white house thinking their vidya would be safe from the SJWs
>completely forget actual right wingers outside of the marginalized fringe would censor games just as much thanks to the soccer moms and retarded boomers who dominate the right wing coalition
like do people forget the "controversy" about Mass Effect 1 over the sex scenes from some conservatives back in the day?
but I'm going to stop posting here so as to not dive this thread into another cesspool political circlejerk

>Redownloaded the original.
>Remember where it all leads to.
>Cant bring myself to play.

It could have just ended with the first.

You can squeal about it all you want. The ripples are there for everyone to see.

the thing about HR Ending3000 machine is that it is justified within the context of what the game was doing
>you spend the entire game in a sightseeing tour of what augmentation can do: both the good and the bad
>you've talked to various people (Sarif the tech enthusiast, Taggart the control guy and the hyper luddite Darrow)
>now that you know all of this, what is your opinion on what humanity should do with this technology ?
sure, all you get is Jensen talking over a PowerPoint presentation made of stock videos but you still have a rough idea of what you did and what it implies for mankind (right until MD fucks over most players)
it wasn't about the choices you made during your adventure it was about the opinion you formed about transhumanism and aug technology

ME3 is built as the conclusion of a space opera trilogy and was sold with the promise that your choices mattered, but then Bioware fucked everything because bioware is and always was a terrible dev with terribles ideas about what is a RPG and how you make one
truth be told, when ME2 sidelined the reapers it was worrying, but them making a destructive comeback for ME3 should have been the wake-up call that there was no way this pile of trash would get a decent ending, but the hype machine around ME worked so know everybody hates bioware for what they are: trash devs

Attached: 1552379641442.jpg (434x393, 38K)

squeal about what?
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that guys thesis, in fact I think it's mostly correct.
I do however find it ironic that they bandwagoned a side that was just as likely to censor video games given the chance but most of them were too young or had tuned out of politics before then and didn't realize it

It's been 7 years and ME3 hate threads still reach over bump limit. I doubt the stigma will ever be forgotten.

Attached: 1520723390492.png (464x434, 153K)

I remember this Colin Moriarty guy. Is it weird that I kind of agree with him now that I've grown older? I mean, it's a shit ending, but it is technically their game.

Nah. The conservatives made their "controversies" and everyone ignored them. Then pic related happened with the other side and we got to where we are now. Only one side is at fault as far as vidya is concerned.

Attached: 1558636469603.jpg (960x1672, 257K)

>It's been 7 years
jesus christ

If only. What you see nowadays with micro transactions in every triple A garbage once started with bullshit like this.

Don't forget that the Paragon/Renegade options are a complete rip off from their SWKOTOR light side/dark side force options

I still feel like whoever suggested that ME2's story should have been the plot of ME1. While 2 does eventually set up for ME3, it's honestly just filler

>7 years

Attached: It's over.png (740x900, 927K)

Attached: 1551508917605.png (460x1022, 481K)

The Quarians don't deserve to be preserved desu. I'd let them die every time if Tali didn't go with them.

i finished replaying the game last week and i honestly don't remember any cortez scenes (discounting "commander we're landing on planet x now" dialogues) past the first one i did with him. probably because i'm not a mouthbreather who kept interacting with him despite disliking his storyline.

Cortez is fucking based tho. Just don't do any interrupt options and tell him you prefer women at the bar and he's all good. You don't even get flak for it.

The worst thing you can do is unmask a character that has remained faceless for an extended period of time. NOTHING you create is going to live up to the imaginings of countless people. The worst part is that Bioware didn't even try to meet those expectations.

>the last two words of one of EA's biggest franchises is "downloadable content"

Attached: 1512519145749.png (455x810, 336K)

>what are you doing, why are you doing this, stop fucking killing everybody
>YOUR HUMAN MIND FUMBLES IN IGNORANCE, YOU CANNOT GRASP OUR VERY NATURE, WE ARE BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING
>why are you harvesting all life in the galaxy
>IT IS YOUR ONLY SALVATION
>why
>IT IS BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
>try me
>THIS EXCHANGE IS OVER

>7 years
fug

Attached: 1563469864107.jpg (326x326, 64K)

This is how you do it properly

Attached: soul.jpg (1910x1064, 251K)

the paragon and renegade options are miles better than the questioning one.

>Joker looks behind him like the 500 foot long warship he's piloting has a rear window

Attached: 1534753312027.jpg (600x558, 30K)

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

and then they made Destiny, the most expensive developed game in the world (800 million) that has abysmal content until years later. Jesus how the mighty have fallen

>Why was it so hard to simply say
>destruction ending is canon
Because that's a fucking terrible idea that goes against the entire point of the trilogy. Even the retards at Bioware understood that

Attached: TrekEffect.jpg (650x488, 32K)

They can save it by having Shephard save Andromeda in ME4.
The ending of ME3 is only a couple of months after the initiative left.
They would only need to chance the backstory.
Chose Destroy: Shepards alive
Chose Synthesis: Shepard can use all the profiles at the same time
Chose Synthesis: Shepard is a clone
ME4: Shepard saves Andromeda could be a real thing

Their mistake was fleeing from Microsoft only to partner with Activision. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. I can't imagine what possessed Jason Jones to act so incredibly naive.

Say, those beams or whatever go from relay to relay in 1-2 seconds but Normandy somehow is able to outrun it? It just barely caught up before jumping into hyperspace.

I don't understand why people got upset about this in the first place desu

Attached: 1553600638450.jpg (900x900, 74K)

You do know that Andromeda takes place in around 2800, right?

based retard

They were teasing the hell up out of their appearance and in the end it ends up being a badly shopped stock-photo of some earth woman. People were expecting something considerably more exotic and with all the hype...

Andromeda takes 800 years after the ending

lack of effort. what the quarians look like was always of interest to players (and other species in the game) and they teased her face in 2 if you romance her. they just picked a stockphoto, ran a purple filter over it, cut a finger off and called it a day.
not only lazy, but they played it safe as possible. and made her purple cos her suit is purple, get it? so she's purple too. amazing.

it's indicative of the entire crumbling of the series and lack of giving a fuck.

800 million was the cost of all 3 games

It'd be less egregious if they didn't literally have 3 computer terminals with huge red buttons in the middle.

I imagine the quarians to be like albinos, with like zero melanin, very pale, and white hair if they have it.

Attached: 1549649211199.png (600x800, 730K)

yeah it really bugged me that she has long flowing hair. she lives in a head to toe body fitting suit 24/7 it's just stupid.

Attached: taliconcept.jpg (448x912, 51K)

Looks more like a gray/washed out photograph desu.
Honestly, it just sounds like you want to get mad.

They could've made up an entire race and people would still complain. They just played it safe and made the species look kinda like humans.
The whole "muh photoshop" shit is just an excuse to get mad. Devs were doing that kind of shit with their own faces all the time and nowadays they just got better at scanning faces

The initiative left between ME 2 & 3 and then it took 500 years to travel.
So, if ME3 lasts 1 year and Shepard leaves after it ends (and we add the 500 years needed to travel) he'd arrive in Andromeda roughly one and a half year after the Initiative,
Hell, the Alliance could order him to check on the Initiative because they suspect it to be a Cerberus operation.

It took 500 years to travel and the Initiative left before the Reaper invasion.

My bad, 500 million for Destiny. Still too fucking big for such a shitshow

No, people specifically got mad because it's literally a photoshopped pic.

Attached: 1538504772999.png (691x671, 565K)

>Honestly, it just sounds like you want to get mad.
What?

if they looked like humans the asari would just say ''they look like humans, but purple.'' not things like ''i'm so old i remember what the quarians look like out of their suits.''
it's dumb and lazy.

>absolutely titanic backlash that forces Bioware to go back and make a huge update for the ending for free (that doesn't actually fix anything because muh """artistic integrity"""
>destroyed Bioware's massive pool of consumer goodwill overnight
>also managed to get the gaming media to unanimously come out in defence of Bioware by mocking upset fans as 'entitled', probably one of the first steps on the road towards the massive shitshow a couple years later
>also ended up killing Mass Effect stone dead, leading to Bioware's A-team attempting to develop Anthem instead and the spectacular failure of a flagship AAA EA title

Mass Effect 3's ending is probably one of the most influential failures in modern gaming history.

Attached: 1528295360135.jpg (648x484, 53K)

>rage

Haha you cheeky fucker, that's not rage. This is rage.

Attached: under_the_waves.jpg (680x489, 274K)

Well I mean... They obviously didn't think that through but at the same time it perfectly empathizes on the whole image they put up with how the explosion is catching up to them

That line actually kinda annoyed me desu. It's only like 300 years. There's plenty of Asari and even Krogan who are far older than that. Wrex is fucking 700+ or some shit.

really glad for that. consumers stood their ground and it shone a spotlight on gaming journalism that hadn't really been done previously. it genuinely warmed me seeing the reaction by players not putting up with this sort of business conduct. giving out free DLC must have been one of the worst days in the lives of those EA executives. they didn't get away with their and it was so gratifying.

NOW YOU'VE REALLY CROSSED THE LINE

Attached: 1532923710629.png (641x538, 354K)

*didn't get away with their bullshit

>Because that's a fucking terrible idea that goes against the entire point of the trilogy.
The end of the trilogy itself goes against the point of the trilogy. We're still mad at it, do something to fix it, like moving on. Nobody gives a fuck about Mac and Casey's self wank, besides 5 Biodrone cock sucking addled trannies.

Have I?

Attached: TRAX3_a.jpg (680x1521, 683K)

It's common to get angry/pissed about everything, especially here.
Everything has to be twisted around so that everything about something has to be bad.

Which is kinda stupid. There is enough about ME3 to get (rightfully) mad about.

I didn't know there were rules about things people can get angry about.