How do I find the recipes

How do I find the recipes

Attached: WCCFzeldabotw-740x429 (1).jpg (740x429, 70K)

Experimentation and/or random NPC quests.

Posters on the walls of inns
Very handy to take pictures of them with your slate

How do you evwn cook? I don't get any option when I go to a pot. Do I need to talk to someone to unlock it or something?

Just throw food into any bowl with fire you find.

Go to the ingredients tab in your menu and you'll be able to hold up to five items in your hands (X button while the item is selected, IIRC). Then you can drop them in a pot and cook by going up to it and pressing A. The ingredients you use determine what dish you get.

>go to menu
>select item
>hold
>select items you want to cook up to 5
>exit menu
>walk to pot
>press "A" to dump into pot
>???
>enjoy your meal

Just drop shit in the pot, dumbo

Thanks

t. faggot

Cook one truffle instead.

Course dude. Also, something worth noting about elixers and bonus heart meals:

>adding more of the bonus ingredient / higher quality bonus ingredients increases the effectiveness, but must always be followed with at least one or two enemy parts, which increase the elixer's time, highest time being 30min w/ a dragon scale (obtained from shooting one of the 3 dragons with an arrow)

Elixers are decent, but are a necessity on Master Mode, which I assume you're not playing anyhow. But either way, elixers are great and shouldn't be ignored.

How many creative ways have you found to light cooking fires Yea Forums? My favorite is the flame wand/ fire sword, just take it out and wave it around the firewood.

Aside from posters and quests you can also read about them in journals and sometimes hear about them from NPCs. Gerudo town even has a cooking class

really creative. you trained that creative part of you in minecraft, right? fucking retard

I keep a flame blade on me just for camp fires.

I always wished BotW had an unlockable / discoverable lantern tool though.

Don't fire arrows work too?
Or one durian. Gives full hearts plus like 3 extra or something, and its way easier to farm a ton of durian than a ton of truffles. Cooking 5 durian is like full hearts plus 25 bonus hearts.

Yeah, but why waste fire arrows? You can also drop flint + wood bundle together, strike it with a metal weapon, and this will also create a camp fire.

apple pie

Hey, I know this is 4channel and all, but that was a little rude! Please try and be a cool dude! :o)

>just discovered I can hook my PS4 controller up to my PC and use the gyro controls in CEMU

Solving those gyro puzzle shrines with mouse was peak-suffrage.

Attached: f8e836e3f61efbb9732d2c76ab392d8d.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Wait is there an actual point to the recipes? What is the difference between them and throwing random stuff with the same effects together?

You don't have to shoot the arrow, just waving the burning end around while it's nocked is enough to light stuff

Shit dude, are you for real?

Some recipes can give seriously stupid buffs if you use the right ingredients.

>5 Hearty Durians = Full Recovery + 20 Bonus Hearts
>3 Mighty Banana + Rugged Rhino Beetle + Dragon Scale = Mighty Elixer that gives high attack upgrade for 30 minutes

There's reddit pages with full recipe guides.

peak suffrage? Was anyone voting?

No, but when you spend an ungodly amount of time trying to solve that one shrine where you use the hammers to move the ball along into the hole, holy fuck. That shit east away at you.

Imagine your game being so barebones you literally find it interesting to see that flaming stuff radiate heat in game

Instead of using a torch, I would light an arrow, crouch, and aim at the fire without using the arrow

I hope they limit cooking/food in the second game. Sort of dumb when you realize that you can shove a million apples down your throat if you're ever low on health.

this is so clearly designed with the wiiu gamepad in mind and is so backwards and nonsensical without it.

Pretty much.

I thought this didn't actually work. If you have a regular arrow drawn you can spread fire, but you can't spread fire with a drawn fire arrow, you have to actually shoot it to light something.