How the fuck did modern Tekken manage to do such a cool looking character design?

How the fuck did modern Tekken manage to do such a cool looking character design?

Attached: EBSZC6fWsAAhsLX.jpg (1750x2048, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GLgtnuVYAT4
youtu.be/YtI2p5AIs18
youtu.be/iQUTmNBIr78
youtube.com/watch?v=4JfYimz4SsM
youtube.com/watch?v=U0Cky9b6mHY
youtube.com/watch?v=tiw52nIiAeQ
bitchute.com/video/HzHlC7IIY8sN/
youtube.com/watch?v=Di3r_gAAqGI
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1159119962989973509?s=19
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1159123644494180352?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=755f_adXbmk
youtube.com/watch?v=ENb_FR4nIRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They needed to add a pimp nigga to keep all these waifufags in check

this man about to go full ip man on your waifu

>I'm back to whoop up on you niggas after 50 years
>Nigga, everyone you know dead
>Sheeeeeeit mane

I was thinking this too.
After 50 years the entire structure of crime would be different.

is he blind? look at the eyes

Old nigga, all your nigga rivals died in black on black crime.

He just wants to clean up the Streets, if anything the gangs are still a thing

I'm surprised this guy is getting such a great fan reception. From the second I saw him I thought people would be all "yawn another generic black fighting guy" but it's not like that at all.

He's hardly generic, and people love old kung fu niggas.

Japanese black characters get a pass because they're usually pretty based

I guess it's the design, they really nailed the spot where something stereotyped and ridiculous does a 180° and becomes actually pretty cool.
I like him a lot myself, although like many of the newcomers he's pretty outlandish for a Tekken game, much better looking than Bruce.

You add 12 thots and then you get a cool guy free card.

>nigger appropriating Chinese culture
Oh boy, Chinks currently colonizing Africa are gonna be genociding and mass raping some African niggers after this.

He's cheesy as fuck
Which actually works for fighting games. He'd fit in alright alongside the cast in older Tekken games decently enough

>You know a nigga is sucessfull when He use mostly white.
Probably one of the fee jokes i laugh in Family Guy

Wu Tang Clan and Boondocks makes niggas doing Kung Fu beloved.

T. Black user with normie friends who love this dude

>generic black fighting guy

Come now, user. He's anything but generic

I miss how interesting the character designs used to be in Tekken before they became nothing more than Street Fighter rejects

New York is completely different with gangs now. Bloods are in charge of most of town and they weren't prevalent until the late 70s, and their biggest rivals like GS weren't a thing till this century. Violent crime rates have gone way down since the 80s in NYC. Everyone this nigga Leroy knows is dead.

He's based off of an old blaxploitation kung fu flick called The Last Dragon where the main character was played by some dude called Bruce Leroy, they'd be a bit late to react in this case

>All that clipping on the top part of the cane

i dig him too and i hate black people

It's not clipping, the top of the cane is a goofy brass knuckle looking thing where his fingers go. You can see it more clearly in the trailer where Lei and Law are leaping at him, he has the stick holstered on his side in that shot

>Leeroy comes back to NY after 50 years to see gang violence replaced by zoomers dabbing and flossing

he completely overshadowed the return of zafina. and they didn't really show leroy smith gameplay.

god she gets my dick hard when she does that weird snake shit. her weird hand thing though i dont like. did some lore happen because i barely remember her having that shit

Yikes, nazi chuds really think this kind of casual racism is funny? Cool it, dude.

shieeeeeet

It's honestly a miracle that they managed this. Before Leroy, they haven't made a cool looking new character since Tekken 5.

>still not a single female guest character

Noctis is smaller than many of the female characters in the game if that counts

Imagine

who are you referring to? raven?
game needed another nigga so it makes sense because the fgc is full of them

He's generic as fuck, and that's why he works

There is only one E in Leroy, so shouldnt it be pronounced LeRoy Smith?

tekken has lots of cool designs, youre just a racist negro so you only get excited if the design is a negro

No, Reetatd

Is he blind? Inb4 just a black wang jinrei

Knowing the sense of humor Tekken has, his ending has a good chance of him just showing up to NYC and realizing that everybody he trained to get revenge on is dead, and he'll sit there looking embarrassed in silence for a few seconds before one of the comedy relief characters like Law come up to him and ask why he looks so down and then get their ass beat in response.

Wonder what his other outfits are

Attached: Julia Twitch Stream.jpg (1200x673, 221K)

This desu

He's blind, you can see in some shots of his trailer that his eyes are completely whited out, and of course the shades are shorthand for a blind character much of the time. IIRC Wang is canonically dead too.

doesn't tekken have serious story this time? like i haven't played 7 in awhile but i dont remember the ol beat arcade mode and see special character ending.

if anything they would have paul be the butt of the joke.

Is that a fucking brass knuckle cane?

Looks shit.

Fuckin awesome character design. Why don't more Devs get this

It's in the details.

bets on a shirtless version, like fengs outfit

Based

If your name is Asuka, Lili, Paul, Kuma, Panda, or Law you get joke endings

Shaheen is pretty dope.

Pretty sure he won't get a story chapter/arcade ending thing, the DLC characters haven't gotten any. Assuming he's not total garbage to play and opinions on him match the current initial positivity he's getting he's probably a shoe-in for the next game though.

>black person
>clad in white clothes
niggers still wish they were white s m h

i'm still pissed that hair down paul in 7 wasn't his 2p costume in tekken 4.

Don't forget Eddy's ending in 7.

I guess I have to agree. There's newcomers in 6 & 7 I like but none I'd say look "cool" like Raven, Feng, or Asuka. I do think Josie, Kazumi, and Claudio have nice designs though (even though Claudio gives off SNK vibes) and I actually like Master Raven as much as the original.

She never had it. It's some Azazel shit.

The only thing i hate about him is how he just mops the floor with Law, Lei and Wei like they're nothing, this better have a good explanation because those guys are master kung-fu fighters

The only good newcomer we got was Claudio with his starburst thing and Shaheen with that cool slide. Nu Tekken has a problem with giving characters too many moves that they start to look similar. You can only create so many kicks and punches. I swear half the moves I see are the same as another character but with a different hitbox or 3 frame difference. Ill get flack for this but I think characters' movelists should be reduced to their 50 most distinguishing moves and gimmicks like electrics, death first, starburst, etc, but people will whine "muh complexity" even though it's not hard, just dull tedium. Tekken is super dull to watch because it lacks flash. Most of the combos look like the same.This dude with a cane and style that hasn't been utilised yet.

Law's been joke character tier for ages, Lei's been downplayed a bit too
Feng's been defeated by Wang before which this was similar to I guess

Zafina has been in contact with the demonic Azazel longer than anyone in T6, it's only natural that it rubbed off on her.

ah okay yeah i just remember her from briefly playing the older tekkens and tekken tag 2 for a bit before 7 came out and dont remember that shit at all.

probably a choice because harada thought she needed something more.

Literally forgettable to me. I always forget he's in T7.

I really wish that "simplified Tekken" concept that Harada wanted to do for the Wii U somehow came back. Maybe do it for the Switch?

They usually do this for new characters
youtu.be/GLgtnuVYAT4
youtu.be/YtI2p5AIs18
youtu.be/iQUTmNBIr78

ah yeah never really got into tekken lore and i remember trying to beat 6 singleplayer and just being incredibly frustrated trying to even play the game.
fuck final boss battles in fighters

WE

Don't forget Negan had like 7 characters on their knees in-front of him for his trailer

Who would win?

Attached: guiltygearEVOmain.jpg (634x356, 106K)

Fpbp

His design is alright, not too zany but not too plain either, but everything else about him is pretty lacking in personality I feel. I don't care much for SFV but Rashid's the more memorable Arabian fighter in my opinion.

Onigga has a fucking sword and protectors

F1+4 Brooklyn Bounce (Power Crush)
Leroy points assumes a defensive stance and his fat homie Jaquan belly flops onto the opponent if he blocks an attack. Can floor break.

Do you think he'll have recycled moves?

Attached: Brown PnS.jpg (600x721, 102K)

Maybe he will have some moves from Wang

Aside from some generic stuff he should be all new. He uses Wing Chun and no Tekken character has that.

>Most developers just make black characters who are bald or have afros for their games
>Fighting games are adding a slew of characters with dreadlocks instead
I guess that's what happens when your audience actually does have a significant number of black people.

Of course he will tekken is 90% recycled moves

I mean, having variety is nice and it shouldn't be just one or the other.

how fucking brainwashed by /pol/ can you be

do you consider 1,2 jab strings and a df1 to be recycled moves?

Waiting for more mohawks to pander to me

I hate the word nigga

that's just old Woolie

what about nigger?

You’re dumb as rocks for asking that if you’re serious

Negro?

Damn nigga chill

The final fight enemy that Lucia throws into the camera during her intro has a mohawk.

I AM THE STONE THAT THE BUILDER REFUSED
I AM THE VISUAL, THE INSPIRATION
THAT MADE LADY SING THE BLUES

0%
Why?

Attached: Screenshot-2018-2-22 Ugandan women stranded with babies fathered by Chinese.png (787x920, 1.05M)

I mean black people mohawks

Attached: Polnareff.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Hope they bring back Bruce.

>IIRC Wang is canonically dead too.
Pretty sure Wang canonically croaked after Jinpachi's shenanigans in T5, unless I missed some kind of stealth statement by Harada saying otherwise.

And rework josie

Are you fucking retarded

I'm black so of course I am.

Attached: Screenshot-2017-12-23 Uganda is worried about the number of Chinese men marrying their women.png (947x991, 1.94M)

If you're going that way then I'm still waiting on the character with the two-block haircut to represent my race.

CHANGED

Capcom's about to follow trends and put Sean & Deejay into SF6.

Can't believe China is still colonizing lands.

This a daily thread now?

Sean is Afro-Brazilian?

Because of the modern thing.

Yes, we've known that since SF3, where he has short dreads (and still does in V's story mode). Was the fact that they made it clear that Laura is his sister not enough?

lmao

Yes.

Thought he was just an average pardo Brazilian.
Always thought Sean was and with Laura being released just solidified my claim with how they look like.

That's because he's black, so he's badass and all that shit
He specially needed to tell them "weak"

Wasn't that just a the walking dead reference?

nutekken character replacing wang

Stop being such a woolie.

It's because he's a new character faggot. They always make the new guys look good but having them beat up the older characters.

I mean, Sean looks like this in V. Granted, googling to get this gif I saw how Bengus drew him and he's like 2 shades lighter with a completely different hair style so who knows?

Attached: laura-sf5-toss-sean[1].gif (500x281, 2.57M)

Yes but would Negan really stand a chance against Kazumi or Paul?

Apparently he's blind hence the cane and physically disabled characters in fighting games means a power up

I just consider Negan a joke character desu
He's too fucking ridiculous already

>physically disabled characters in fighting games means a power up
Why does this always happen?

Did I hurt your feelings negro?

>Laura's arm clipping through her completely static hair, which itself is clipping into her fat tits

Attached: 1473487227115.jpg (441x495, 63K)

Strength through adversity or some shit

Hobos are always cool

You're hurting everyone by being retarded

Compensating for an inadequacy by training what they do have exceptionally well. Even in real life, blind people can have stronger senses because they don't need to waste their focus on visual stimuli, and when it comes to fighting games specifically, BrolyLegs exists.

Do not mistake me for you woolie

too late retard

The problem is a blind person usually won't see a punch coming

Eh, I've never really relegated Sean to be Afro-Brazilian anyways, same goes for Laura.
Definitely Laura.

That's not how things work.

>He will get Wang parry

he looks like Wang if he was born a nigga and turned into a pimp

Everyone needs to watch Shaolin Dolemite RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Blind fighters in fiction typically have the advantage because they can sense the movements of their opponents through other senses. Not even joking,

Just looked this movie up.

You are a saint.

Attached: 20190721_194619.jpg (3264x2448, 3.2M)

Compare this guy to a token black guy like Sazh in FF13. It's two worlds

Can I compare him to Augustus Cole?

The exploitation of black martial artists has been a thing since the 70's. Both of those artists just reference the memes of blackploitation kung fu movies of which there are piles of.

Leo is fucking dope, though.

Attached: T6_Leo.jpg (1280x1024, 257K)

BLIND NIGGAS
KUNG-FU NIGGAS

But Woolie says it to try and act hood.

Same goes with Lars, Alisa and Zafina.

Lars gets shit on because of his anime hair, but I honestly like it. Plus, the lightning is chuuni as fuck.

my man
is he blind?
does his cane have finger-holes?

Because he's The Last Dragon.

Will his rival be added?

Attached: vlt39s09yud21[1].jpg (960x960, 103K)

It's Tekken, user.
Over half the cast is chuuni as fuck.

>DLC Character
>Getting an ending in Tekken 7
Pick one

Why do you think so many Blacks love fighting games? A lot of them grew up on bootleg kung fu films back in the day. It's pretty hype to see a character like that because we all knew someone who wanted to be like that.

>Shaheen
He has no story
He has no place
This guy
Only has his race

Basically this.

Attached: EBUP9T6WwAAgMPe.jfif.jpg (1022x2048, 233K)

You're talking as if anyone other than Mishimas matter in Tekken now.

Attached: EBUP9T6XoAAS2Lo.jfif.jpg (1080x2048, 306K)

How is an old black kung fu master that walks with a golden cane generic?

Attached: 1447943473452.jpg (225x255, 22K)

It was just a meme but I liked when people said that he was based on that arab guy who was so handsome that his country kicked him out.

He dies at the end of T6

I hope has all the Wang only moves, especially parry and then rest of the shared moves are replaced with something new so his movelist isn't just 50% of Julia/Michelle

Shaheen has fucking nothing except fanservice for Arabs, and even they don't give a shit about him compared to Rashid

That's one cool ass nigga.

based

BLIND NIGGAS

In this case it kind of applies. In wing chun you train yourself to track your opponent's movements by maintaining some form of physical contact. Obviously you still need your eyes in a fight but if, for example, you have an arm in contact with tlyour opponent's arm, it is really easy to feel where they are coming at you from without using your eyes

not sure I'd call sazh token just because SE usually doesn't try to force diversity shit in their games, he's like the second ever black playable character in an FF game

That's Tekken? He looks too cool for this game

I was surprised Harada allows black men in his game anymore after ditching Bruce Irving and Raven.

Weren't they both in Tag 2?

He just wanted a little bit of chocolate ass.

Attached: MasterRavenT7.jpg (2000x2410, 528K)

Are you imbecilic?

Sazh is based though

Was Tag 2 released after 7?
...Theres a Tag 2?

Yes and yes

Lets be honest though, it's mainly because he is the only decently written character in the whole cast and that was an accident. They tried to make le funny blavk man and ended up making a relatable human being.

This is the second time they've tried to replace Bruce in particular, Bryan replaced him in 3 (and IIRC technically still has Bruce's old moveset sort of, Bruce was the one who got revamped when he came back in 5)

>Theres a Tag 2?
Yeah it's fun as fuck. Huge roster and cool tag combo mechanics and fun arcade endings. Also the Wii U version has Tekken Ball.

It's part of harada's master plan to turn everyone into a waifu.

Attached: 1564253249134.jpg (364x269, 11K)

Hurry up and give me Queen then.

Attached: 1546432537046.jpg (800x489, 63K)

He replaced Eddy with Christie for a while too, though he wised the fuck up thank god.

That was the first attempt. Master Raven is much more successful.

Forreal, remember G from SFV, he cheesy AF yet people loved him.

He's blind and retarded he can't see shiet he dont know shiet cept Kung fu

Which makes him based

Literally the only bad thing about him is that he’s so old he’ll probably be dead by the next Tekken game

>that description
Fucking lmao

Attached: 😂.jpg (125x125, 5K)

Wait, he's blind?
They went all the way with the memes.

Heihachi's been around for a long time, Wang was around for a long time, and Jinpachi literally came back from the dead. Old fighting game characters can stay around for as long as you need them to.

Heihachi is pretty old

He will be replaced by his daughter who has the same moveset and a round black ass

Wang was literally over 100 years old in Tekken 6, this dude is most likely in his 60s, he'll be fine

Attached: 1564167344964.jpg (720x466, 29K)

Yea in his reveal the lightning strikes and you see his eyes are all clouded over

He looks as old as James Earl Jones bruv.
Isn't he half blind? See pic.
I think it's one of those like Versailles no Bara things like
>he lost one eye, so now his other eye is getting weaker and he almost can't see shit anymore.

Attached: hw7dk3u3jqe31.jpg (3500x4096, 1.15M)

Nice

I'm a waifufag and like this design, looks very dope.

Attached: 1553726348176.jpg (427x667, 55K)

It's ok if you aren't white.

I guess the retard forgot this

Attached: Zafina_T7_HD.jpg (1000x1500, 118K)

The options in that character poll thing Tekken Revolution had (which Eliza won and became a real character as a result in the end) included a female Paul and a female Ganryu funnily enough

Thank you for exposing me to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=4JfYimz4SsM

The thing about Black male characters in Tekken is that they all get removed and then reskinned as females before too long
Eddy -> Christie
Bruce -> Rosie
Raven -> M. Raven

This guy will most likely be turned into Chinese girl in T8.

>female Paul
Wouldn't mind my main getting pranked

I mean there's Armor Kang

Attached: c34d67b9ef15.jpg (3264x2448, 1.86M)

Missing Eddie from that list

he's straight out of the boondocks I love it

This dude is the ultimate black power fantasy.

AK is Mexican, he's just darker than King.
>That Resident Evil squad in the background

He messican.

Zafina is literally the cutest Tekken character next to Julia Chang.

Have you never experienced Tekken before this weekend?

Not everyone lives on /pol/.

So, they're never moving away from Tekken 7, are they?
That's because they realized the mistake of the past and made her look like HD Michelle. It was a smart move.

Attached: julia chang.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

i find her movements sexy as fuck aside from the new hand power shit and all that faith talk. i mean look at this outfit too, can see all the shapes and curves.

shame i never really gave much attention to her until now. i guess i didn't give much of a shit about 6 and tag 2

>chinese native american
Why did I only just now realize how odd this is?

>So, they're never moving away from Tekken 7, are they?
Do devs have next gen devkits yet? I imagine they're waiting on those before fully starting development for the next game

When you compare Tekken's creativity to Street Fighter, Capcom ought to feel embarrassed.
Some characters are overdesigned a little, but in general there's no comparison, Street Fighter is basically adding bland shit or literal npc shit left and right.

Its pretty rad, you can We Wuz all day if you make the character look this cool. Definitely a marked improvement over Sassy Black Woman with Afro #5476, I wish western devs actually took the time to design black characters that are interesting instead of just ramming them in and calling it a day.

Attached: Alpha Centauri CEO Morgan Quote.jpg (640x159, 22K)

In name only, Julia is full blown injun.

i hate what they did to bison and all the new additions of characters in 5 when i played(release) they all look like shit. Especially that stupid final fight retard with the tire armbands.

only good thing about the game is most of the girls have tits and ass. mk11 should be fucking ashamed now.

Yeah, for SF there's no comparison.

They're both going for different aesthetic styles to be fair. I think as of late both have gotten worse overall with only a couple specific exceptions on both sides.

Is it worth getting into T7 on PS4 or is the community bigger on PC?
I've got old hardware (AMD 8350+7950) but low settings are worth it for more players.

PS4's bigger I think but PC isn't dead. In general it's a bit quiet now because everyone's waiting on Season 3 to hit next month though.

when do you think they will show gameplay for this guy? i want to see his shit, not some cinematic.

they should back to sprites or at least the mvc3 style.

I haven't played SFV in ages. Is Vega still fossilized shit tier?

Fucking Ganryu

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Mvc3 ryu looked horrendous.

G is unironically the best 5 newcomer

Last I checked he was. Sucks, man, he's been my main every fucking game he's been in.

Go away Dudley.

Those clothes are fucking painted

Attached: 1563604787972.jpg (546x597, 37K)

Maybe they'll show more before the Tekken World Tour

Fucking lame. It's like they completely forgot about him.

think thats what gets the ol boner going along with how she moves. looks like some body suit stuff like that bitch from fire emblem

Attached: 61nZsDl8peL._SY606_.jpg (416x606, 28K)

No?

The funny part is that they do have quite a lot of franchises to take shit from, instead of insisting with "Street Fighter 1989". Hell, even straight up porting the whole Delta Red would be more interesting than that faggot abigail.

Attached: SMAlex.png (389x523, 229K)

Julia is adopted, they ditched the baby in an injun camp
>Oh, I was the daughter of some asian that boned my injun mother. I guess Julia was the same
Full blown native american until proven otherwise.

If SMAC was released today, they would call Morgan an oreo or some shit.

>even straight up porting the whole Delta Red would be more interesting than that faggot abigail.
Yeah, no.

>blonde Zangief with King pants and shoes

Attached: Capture.jpg (598x156, 10K)

Attached: 112354679789.png (600x753, 666K)

That was their way to port Vader without violating copyright. They gave him the mask but it wasn't the Vader one, or it'd be too obvious, and too cool.

Attached: Bigbear-ffs.jpg (450x600, 26K)

i just think i never liked newcomers in any street fighter game. they always manage to make them extremely fucking goofy and if they do bring back a person, they butcher them and make them retarded.
poison and cody still good. gouken was tight. but shit like hakan and el furete i absolutely hated.

Harada understands drip god damn

motherfucker literally wears the first King

Pretty good.

Attached: 911.jpg (500x540, 45K)

Menat is neat. G is an OK re-imagining of Q.

G > Q

He looks like he runs a Chinese restaurant on Crenshaw

youtube.com/watch?v=U0Cky9b6mHY

>>Don't forget Eddy's ending in 7.
Was that the one where Chloe forces him to be a back dancer?
Fucking based

I would pay top dollar to have a Chris Tucker inspired character in any video game.
He's got that flair that developers can't seem to capture.

chris tucker in a horror game where he does his ridiculous commentary during the whole time would be cool.
>OH SHIT WHATS THAT
>oh heeellll no

>Menat
youtube.com/watch?v=tiw52nIiAeQ
I guess we come full circle.

They have to hide their creative bankrupcy somehow. That and Katniss knockoffs, those are really fucking popular now

Attached: 1541498603344.jpg (1170x610, 90K)

I hate that it took me so long to realize that the DNA music video was a direct reference to this bit.

Funny how these black characters never act anything like black people

Tell me how black people act. I need a good laugh.
t. Black dude

I'd give my left nut for a King guest character in T7. Too bad she's like the most unpopular KOF female there is.

bitchute.com/video/HzHlC7IIY8sN/

More excited about the fighting style and potential move list than i am about the pandering design in all honesty.

Hope his Wing Chun makes him all close quarters rapid fire punches like Ip Man and Steve Fox.

Attached: Steve_Fox.jpg (900x1200, 500K)

Literally all he has said is "weak," which I think is pretty racially widespread.

Rodin from Bayonetta and this guy are pretty dope black dudes.
also the type you find in jazz clubs are cool.

Someone's gonna bring up Black Baron and I'm gonna lose it

As a kid I never really understood what the problem was. For the most part, even though that money wasn't legal, it would still be accepted pretty much everywhere except that 1 international bank. So why care? Just use it until its gone.

Ninja Ninja

other cool black characters in vidya

Attached: RodinRender.png (398x976, 491K)

I honestly don't get what is so cool about this design. Is it a American thing?

"Uncle Tom" variants exist for imitating any other race's mannerism.
See: wigger and wapanese.

Attached: 20120719003-525x295.jpg (570x320, 126K)

Why are japs better at designing black characters than americlaps?

Attached: 29af2525d6950701ee5c6a5efc0aa38f.jpg (850x1150, 147K)

Because they're not afraid of being seen as racist

youtube.com/watch?v=Di3r_gAAqGI

It doesn't come off as forced diversity which is what western devs tend to pull with their generic ass designs, same with that new Guilty Gear guy.

I love it when I'm right

Attached: 6e350523-6816-4fc2-bd06-e93facdc7642.gif (350x200, 2.78M)

We got black Geese. I dig it.
>ctrl+F "nigga"
>18 results
>ctrl+F "nigger
>4 results
How did I know?

Based Black Guy

#MAGA

The designs come from the heart, not some arbitrary quota.

Slam Masters is based but SNK's Raiden is the better Vader expy. If they pull from that series it should be Ortega, Scorpion, or maybe Gunloc since he was said to be Guile's brother at one time and he could be a weird zoner/grappler hybrid.

I think the history of the pro wrestling business in the Street Fighter universe is really interesting. Slam Masters series is the height of the Territories, but then it goes into a huge slump that lasts for the majority of the Final Fight and Street Fighter series (you see how bad it is in Poison's USFIV's opening when her indie promotion can barely draw a dozen people) but Zangief slowly gets so over that he keeps it aloft, allowing Mika, Hugo, and Alex to become the new stars.

He'll prob play like Wang, at least I'm guessing he would.

I'm trying to figure out who I want to play in Tekken. What are some cool characters? Someone sell me on somebody. The only two characters I've played semi-seriously is King and Kuma.

Lars

Kazumi.

paul is easy to pick up. last time i played i was learning feng, he has some damaging shit.
i had to drop miguel.

Only in CG renders, but the actual in-game model looks like shit.

He's more traditional Wing Chun, they basically ripped off Ip Man.

I don't want to connect the 360 again to play Anarchy Reigns controller battery is probably dead too fuck this

What are the odds of this nigga dominating next EVO?

you never heard about "token diversity" before, did you ?

20%

Almost zero unless Steve and Kazumi get nerfed hard. Enjoy your Knee vs Arslan reruns for years to come.

he looks pretty cool
also reminds me of False King Allant in Demon's Souls

nigga is the best whiteman filter though

My theory is that he's not made to be likeable, which works in his favor funnily enough.. You look at blacks made to appeal the general public and you see these pixar face negros that try their hardest to come across as characters you should like, even if their personalities and looks are bland as hell.

less than 1, all the DLC characters except Geese have been pretty low tier

Leo is literally the perfect character. She has access to every type of tool in the box (minus chain grabs,) and has great wall-carry combos. She's extremely well-rounded and even has some crazy technical stuff that you can practice once you feel you've mastered her move set. Her only downside is that she doesn't quite get the same damage as other characters, but it's to be expected from someone who's an all-rounder character.

THESE FILTHY CHINKS CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT BROS!

It fits with Tekken. Heihachi is the biggest dick in the universe and everyone loves him.

I like Rashid

Rashid is fucking lame compared to any of the 3S newcomers.

This character would've went straight to DVD (Tekken Mobile) if it they didn't shut it down.

>she

> not putting a filter up and actually paying attention to the world
> "brainwashing"
Hey, user, you want to hear something ironic?

He's way the fuck above Twelve, and I'd argue he's better than Sean

nyukka

Cause hea based on Bruce Leeroy from a cult classic king fu film

Hell yeah it's great to be in Tekken!

Attached: Mike or Leroy.jpg (853x1280, 938K)

I love it

Attached: 307_stinkmeaner.jpg (500x281, 53K)

Kek

I keep getting stomped by fucking Noctis en Negan players.
Still hoping for this nigga to change things up, seeing the same people with the same characters is getting old (except Rangchu desu)

>I know kang fu

Noctis is mostly just super easy to play decently; he's designed so that almost any input with 2 has you do cool shit even if you mash, and the fact that he has weapons give him some good range on some of them.

Attached: 1533643515605.jpg (1000x609, 124K)

Your brain on crystal meth after a root with your cousin...

>T. My girlfriend left me for Tyrone

still pissed were not getting tekken x streetfighter because sfxt was dogshit besides the tag system and some combos you couldn't do in sf4 were doable in it.

hopefully in the future it happens since we got akuma, geese, eliza(projectiles and dps in a sense) and samsho guy in sc6

What's his fighting style?

Ape hoop

Not excusing the bug people here but let's be real: how different would the situation really be if the Ugandan women went with Ugandan men

Attached: 1311121026710.jpg (973x1029, 110K)

IP Man

China

>Feng,Asuka,LITERALLY DEVIL JIN
jamal got to your GF too huh?

>his shoes can't be scuffed
That's fucking great

Attached: 1337418310021.jpg (413x570, 57K)

boring kung fu dude, some cycling bitch with tits and edgy demon guy aren't that cool as fucking ninja Blade.

You know not all black people act like walking stereotypes. There a good many that are just trying to live their lives.

If he's supposed to be based off Bruce Leroy shouldn't he be a skinny black Chinaboo?

Noctis and Negan are just braindead easy to play and have a decent amount of gimmicky shit and moves that are incredibly difficult to react to online. They're not good characters when you're playing offline against someone that's labbed them.

>that last one
Fuck me sideways, that's great

Nigga you never go full blown injun.

Attached: Street Fighter T hawk-hdstance.gif (444x667, 187K)

niggardly?

LEROOOOOOOOOOY JJJJJJJJJJJJones

I remember people saying that Sazh was the best character and many regretted that he didn't appear again in the sequels

Why is Harada so based?
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1159119962989973509?s=19
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1159123644494180352?s=19

I don't know but I love him

Attached: (You).png (312x392, 79K)

Because he know he is.

Attached: ClVo2vAWIAA9ARh.jpg (532x532, 63K)

>generic black guy wearing something that belongs to another culture

Americans sure are easy to please aren't they.

>Law comes up
>accidentally asks why he looks so brown instead

so whats japan's thoughts on this guy

As suppose to what? Generic black guy wearing the same bullshit found in African American culture? Because that's totally never been done.

The fuck are you sperging about?

G is like the ultimate powerhouse WHITE MAN. Even blacks like him.

Based Leofriend

GG characters are often literal gods

POWAH TO THE ASS

Leo and Dragunov are pretty cool. Though Dragunov is technically T5.

Well, there's a Fifth Element game.

What's this meme called/from again?

WE

Yup, it's true.

>b-b-but the waifufaga reeeeeeeeee!!!!
retardera every time
samefag
>inb4 seething/cope/havesex/canned plebbittard response

based Harada

What is your post expressing?

Because he's not just some hoodrat, he's the Wu Tang Clan fantasy.

"... I'M BLACK!??!"

anti-waifufags are just as obnoxious and retarded as waifufags, they shouldn't even pretend to have a high ground.

A nigger is cool design? No.

maby some jap like too much wutang clan

You fool. Don't you understand? No one wishes to go on…

This guy looks like my uncle they even have the same taste in shoes.

He's just black Steven Seagal.

i always like the crowd reactions to these reveals. geese was better than this but the year after people were nuts.

it's pretty easy to get good reactions when your only competion is fucking SFV, everyone looked better by comparison.

yup they kill it with their characters for tekken. fuck its already been 2 years since geese. totally forgot how they reacted to negan. think i was drunk

Why does Tekken dev hate Kiryu?

youtube.com/watch?v=755f_adXbmk

He made it in eddie murphy bros

Attached: leroy smith.jpg (620x413, 50K)

Kiryu is going to be front and center on Virtua Fighter 6 and save that series, putting him in Tekken would ruin that.

Based.

Paul canonically beat Ogre though.

Paul before 4 was a different character.

The scarf is what maker everything she does stylish.

>tfw no reverse trap best friend who has a crush on you but you're too oblivious to notice she's a girl until she takes matters into her own hands and rape you

casual detected

The scarf is badass.

Attached: leo-ttt2-yamashita.jpg (480x640, 74K)

Why do you have that pic of my boy wife

i dont think that is correct at all

Attached: 1560033036629.jpg (750x518, 183K)

What, people love King. When they cut her for one of tbe games, I think it was 03, people sent a fuck ton of hate mail and she's been in every KoF since.

This year has been good for black fighting game characters.

Attached: Darlidagger.jpg (1080x1707, 407K)

He's in.

Attached: rodeo[1].jpg (558x1200, 90K)

Who?

I know right? Tekken's fifteen shirtless karate men and army of tiny Asian girls put Capcom to shame.

Bo "Rodeo" Montana, of course. He's the only new character in Tekken Mobile, a game which may or not be dead at this point, since the last thing I heard about it was that Bo was being added and that was January 2018.

They added more characters but they were all very generic aside from Rodeo. Game got cancelled for updates and shut down in February 2019, probably because nobody cared about it.

is steve going to be a bad matchup for him?

Attached: 1539091237865.png (1097x639, 791K)

All the more reason to add Rodeo to 7. There's not many worthwhile veterans left to add that aren't dead (although Ganryu and Alex would be cool too). I feel like the last character in S3 will be another guest though.

Attached: 1476318773350.jpg (1198x568, 99K)

I played the mobile for like 5 minutes, what exactly was Rodeo's fighting style? Because honestly I'm not a huge fan of his design for the mobile game, but the fighting style matters more.

He's a military veteran that played Football. Mobile doesn't really have a large movelist compared to the main games as far as I can tell but he's a sort of brawler that has physical charges at people. His super is an uppercut into a huge lariat.

Yeah I expect more "NIGGGGEEEEER REEEEEE TEKKEN IS AN SJW GAME NOW"

That sounds kind of like Marduk, honestly. It'd be cool to get another Original Character to Tekken 7 and maybe a guest for the last one.

>generic black fighting guy
Is there even a "generic black fighting guy" in this genre?

The closest is Bruce I guess, but he has a bit of personality.

looks like an ugly dyke or twink

you sound pretty gay bro

We have Wesley Snipes. I'm just hoping we get Michael Jai White in a fighting game.

If you literally asked Michael Jai White to be Black Dynamite in a fighting game he'd probably say yes.

Attached: OctoroonGGGSoLB.png (349x328, 11K)

>if you’re serious
>serious
>on the internet

I never take anything seriously on the internet. Everyone is a troll to some extent afterall.

You are using one of those words wrong user. Those are not at all the same thing.... not even remotely similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENb_FR4nIRY

Because it doesnt feel forced

>Japan designs better black characters than America
how did this even happen?

Attached: 1424131117534.png (500x375, 217K)

>supposed to be a New York nigga
>Not wearing Timbs

Trash

Given how much somebody in that studio likes the walking dead, I was surprised too.
He just looks like a spiced-up version of the show's Ezekiel. More of a lame copy-and-mspaint than a nongeneric.

There's very few black people in Japan so they have this weird fantastical image of them. The few that are famous are generally athletes like Bob Sapp.

He's been gone for 50 years. While they were buying Timbs, he was honing his body into a weapon.

Attached: 1564775097371.png (652x884, 679K)

I really dig his design.
Honestly would also love to see a character in a fighting game that's pure 70s Blaxploitation design.

Blacker Baron in Anarchy Reigns?

Attached: 1390501631976.jpg (632x483, 241K)

Honestly forgot that game even existed.