I literally don't understand how Nintendo is okay with the death of the Virtual Console. Yeah...

I literally don't understand how Nintendo is okay with the death of the Virtual Console. Yeah, NES games add some value to NSO, but people are going to get it to play Smash online anyway. Wouldn't actually selling SNES, N64, GC, etc give them more revenue?

Attached: Switch VC.jpg (655x380, 89K)

Oh NOW you faggots like the VC. You retards used to bitch about it all the time.

because they found out anyone that actually cares about that shit is just going to hack it for emulators

Nintendo is still autistically seething about emulators and roms so they try to shut them down and don't provide an alternative so nobody can play old games.

People would bitch if they did that for a third time in a row. At least this way they’re moving in a Netflix direction and simply allowing people to play the available library as long as they pay the subscription. Outside of NSO, removing virtual console has been better for buyers because companies can bundle their vintage game together, despite how much more consistent of an ecosystem Virtual Console was

At least add SNES to NSO.
NES games suck

>mfw i used to bitch about slow VC updates and the prices
>mfw i used to bitch about Club Nintendo rewards
>mfw I didn't know what I had now that they've been replaced by NSO and that fuck awful gold coin system

Attached: feels AHHH!! I'm hit!.png (490x588, 21K)

This. I could see them doing SNES or GBA next

The gold coin system is more efficient, but I do miss the Club’s GOAT rewards

Last I checked the greatest 2d platformer of all time, Ninja Gaiden 2, is an NES game so that statement is false

This. You can count the number of games on NES that are worth playing in 2019 on two hands max. Where the SNES at?

I could hack my Switch and have every NES/GBC/SNES/GBA/N64 game on it in like an hour, what the fuck nintendo?

>Ninja Gaiden 2
>greatest 2D platformer of all time

lol

N64 emulation is kinda shit right now for it

Gold Coin system is fine. Buy shit, get discounts on later game purchases. Got the Doom port for $3.

Attached: 1374079403345.jpg (580x519, 135K)

>Wouldn't actually selling SNES, N64, GC, etc give them more revenue?
No. Nintendo knows that if they bring back the Virtual Console, you aren't forced to buy their new, more expensive games.

"thanks for the money, dummy!"

Attached: cashgrabs.jpg (800x325, 83K)

>You can count the number of games on NES that are worth playing in 2019 on two hands max.
Nah, but idiots like you help keep NES cart prices down so patricians like me can scoop up great stuff like Kabuki Quantum Fighter for less than $10.

nintendo doesn't want people to play their old games because then they'd start noticing how soulless all the nu-ports and nu-rehashes are by comparison. so they're trying to make their back catalogue as inaccessible as possible.

We put wheels on the goalpost so it's easier to move! Haha, Nintendo's never gonna satisfy us!

What’s wrong with gold coins besides only getting 1% for physical games?

Can you disable that stupid fucking button hint thing or remap controls yet?

>People would bitch if they did that for a third time in a row.

No one bitched when they did it the second time in a row. People are only bitching because they won't do it.

Im actually OK with the mini consoles, played and finished ninja gaiden on one, im playing and close to the end of chrono trigger on the super nes, im really digging them, I also have the PS classic which I bought for 20 and then ran autobleem which makes it quite a nice classic console.

I too watch Scott the Woz :)

>NES games add some value to NSO

I'd rather they'd add some value to NSO by making it stable and free.

You named it, user.

Who is more patrician? The guy who owned and beat that game 25 years ago or you? Also, the NES is almost entirely shovelware trash. No, mentioning games like Clash at Demonhead doesn't make you a patrician when I was actually there beating North & South and Golgo 13. The NES is archaic and almost everything it did was surpassed by the SNES.

This is actually why I give zero shits about VC dying I hacked my nes classic and put every game on there. I suppose I could have gotten a pi but I'm not sure I could set one of those up properly.

>he didnt hack his 3ds instead

>Implying I own one.

They’re exploring it as a service model but have no incentive right now to launch it. My guess is it’s being saved for end of life or the next console as an incentive over other next gen consoles with nothing to show for the first year.

Or their backend and shop is fucked and they can’t get a good VC or ports working for the switch. It’s hard to tell.

my greatest fear because of them closing the virtual console in favor of this would be all third parties would either not bother making their back catalog purchasable or available only through NSO but the opposite happened and a lot more companies just started making retail compilation releases instead.

It's a crime that nintendo holds the largest amount of the best SNES games in the grasp only to be available legally through this but I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

Attached: hurt.jpg (314x518, 14K)

They all seem to be releasing classic collections on their own

It's better than the VC, because some of those collections get physical print too.

The new thing they have would be okay if it wasn't so dogshit.
Nobody gives a fuck about NES games, and even less so when you refuse to release games in other territories outside of Japan.

Why is it other consoles can put in fucking AAA games in their Online packages, but Nintendo has trouble with fucking ROMs?

Attached: 1542942582367.png (579x458, 254K)

You could get all those games on a hacked 3ds. It's easy as shit to hack too.

Vc was garbage. It made the games look like shit and you couldn't remap the controls until the fucking wii u. Insane how okay you dumb plebs are at spending 5-10 dollars to play some old as fuck game you can easily emulate on any pc.

Nintendo still shitting out old nes games on their store that almost crashes if you go too far down because of all shovelware being thrown on it. They accept like any game for it so the shop is filled with trash. Then Nintendo is there throwing their old ass nes games hopping you fall in again.

Do yourself a favor and just download Ron's and get an emulator. Way better than anything Nintendo has ever done.