Vote with your wallet

>vote with your wallet
Are people who say this genuinely retarded? The small minority of whales provides the vast majority of the income. The small percentage of niche gamers who are very critical about game quality, price, and ethical practices earn much less for the publisher than the large percentage of gamers who are more casual or more easily exploited and are ready to open their wallet at the drop of a hat.

Attached: 1565121262347.jpg (700x700, 138K)

It's basically just a nicer way to say "Quit bitching, no one cares", but sympathy is lost on your autism.

How about the truth instead:
You are completely powerless.
Things change and you have no power or influence over them as long as money is involved. No amount of protest of a tiny vocal minority on a shitty arbitrary website will stop this change. You will need to accept your utter lack of influence and power.

No, I mean it is kind of an issue though, and people genuinely think that they are making any difference when they choose to not buy the game instead of just buying at a deep sale (or even worse, buying a third party key) like they usually do.

Unfortunately it seems there is very little we can do to stop many AAA games from being shallow, simplified, and exploitative. Really the main thing we can do is support good, smaller projects from passionate devs while the casuals continue to throw money at AAA garbage.

Power laws govern most economic relationships; there's a reason it's an adage in business that 80% of your revenue/profit comes from 20% of your customers.

That said, just because your vote is weighted more heavily when you aren't a part of that 20% doesn't mean shit. A company is terrified of losing that 20% of their customer base. If you are their target market, if you are the "core demographic", then you can absolutely vote with your wallet. You just can't use your refusal to buy something to affect much change when you weren't especially likely to buy it to begin with.

>Are people who say this genuinely retarded?
Yes.
It's that simple.

Yeah it's true want to play Ooblets in the Epic Games Store sure sounds like fun!

Ironic, considering your picture flopped because no one bought it. Cope, OP

What do I win by complaing about stuff I can't change?

>big budget AAA videogames should cater to my niche taste

nobody gives a shit about your thoughts, zoomer

What are you driving at? I can still not buy things I don’t agree with.

>Are people who say this genuinely retarded?
No, they're genuine shills who know that if enough of a stink is raised things would actually change for the better. So they keep the status quo of garbage games that cater to weeb whales and political activists.

Truth is all of your games will have niggers as characters and jews as developers and you can't do anything about it. Better change hobbies oh wait....

?
You want to reply without having a stroke?

Still not buying it, OP.

I'm in my mid 20s and have been gaming for over two decades.

I didn't even buy Andromeda, and the series has steadily declined since ME1. I just liked the image.

What is the big controversy about this? I looked up the devs and they have no prior games, why do people care so much about this particular indie game from an unproven team so much?

It’s a real thing. If you stop buying their games, they will stop making them because nobody makes games for free. Whales can continue to play their gacha shit games and hopefully someone will make a game without pay to win bullshit that will be very successful and cause other people to copy that formula and move away from gacha lootbox gambling gamerbrain buzzwords.

basically this

>epic PC gamer boycott of Modern Warfare 2
>thousands in the boycott steam group
>they all buy the game instead of voting with their wallet

who's the real retard here

>why do people care so much about this particular indie game from an unproven team so much?
Because the devs baited to literally everyone.

You fail to comprehend that all those whales are also voting with their wallets, OP.

Its a campaign organized by devs to get people to do uselesss shit instead of meaningful shit

this
user is just whinny that corporations prefer to pander to normies instead of incels like OP

Attached: 293-2939233_8037140-pepe-laughing-png-transparent-png.jpg (840x839, 171K)

bitching and complaining is the only wait to let them know why their product didnt sell, otherwise they will just learn the wrong lessons.

lets take fallout76 as a recent example. if people dont megaphone at bethesda about why every aspects execution is trash, they might just think "i guess people dont want co-op fallout, or maybe nobody likes the fallout universe anymore"

>DmC is shit and people vote with wallets
>people buy the DMC collection instead
>DmC does poorly in sales
>"Perfectly Good Sequel Ruined Because of [Generic "incel" insult at the time]s" articles

>giving a fuck about journos

You are starting to realise the problems with capitalism.

DmC was actually good though. DMC1-3 are hot garbage.

When money = votes, the whales get a hundred times your vote.

>"Never in a million years" cutscene ends
>Donte stands there with DLC outfit of classic Dante
What the fuck were they thinking?

0x100 = 0.

That's how the market works though.

It was a believable strategy 40 years ago.
Mindless consumerism has made it completely pointless.
Your wallet boycott is competing with kids who get their parents to buy them anything and Chinese insectoids.

Not paying doesn't mean you don't have a vote. It means voting no.

Yes, that's the problem.

>if I vote that means I'm always supposed to win
You lost the vote, get over it.

>Unfortunately it seems there is very little we can do to stop many AAA games from being shallow, simplified, and exploitative
No shit. That's why no one wants to hear you bitching.