ArcRevo 2019

Who can challenge Arc System Works in 2020?

Attached: chrome_2019-08-07_13-06-36.png (601x832, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TivpMwuGzeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SNK
not even mexican

Who the fuck keeps naming the Under Night games,
Just give it a 2/3/4 whatever holy shit

None of those games are actually popular

Poverty gamers grouping up and playing poverty games together make a strong pact

You need to embrace the weeb to appreciate UNI's presentation style

so when is the event supposed to be for them to mentioning this?

November 15-17 in LA

November 15-17th is when Arcrevo Japan happens. Place bets, who do you think is gonna be playable in the GG demo? Sol, Ky, who else?

4 months then? quite a lot of time...

Except that players of those games absolutely hate each other’s games. Goobers are eternally buttblasted over the 10 years of no GG in favor of Blazblue. Bloobers and UNIggers literally can’t stop seething over Babytag. And Babytag shitters can’t even have a thread about the fucking game because it always devolves into RWBY shitposting.

Fuck off, /vg/

If that level of animation is to be believed?
Sol and Ky

I can't get over the feeling that all the 2020 releases are stealing Granblue's thunder. I'm sure some people will still try it but if new GG is in the first half of the year then that and UNI probably take first priority

Kamone admitted that the team just picks english words that sound cool and mash them together.

>newfag not remembering the long melty blood names
Fucking kids in here

Akatsuki Blitzkampf steam release when

>EXE:late [cl-r]

I will now skip your game.

Attached: 1527507418897.gif (540x304, 2.86M)

Nothing of value was lost

>Playable uniclr
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Its likely Guilty Gear will release closer to Summer. I do not expect a first quarter 2020 release for the game with how little they showed of the game

First of all the names werent even that long. And second those were actual words instead of random no sense gibberish. See Stupid dipshit cunt motherfucker. Kill yourself you waste of space.

It's probably closer to Fall/Winter 2020 honestly.

>AcSys, SNK, and Bandai Namco killing it with multiple fighting games
>Capcom can barely keep one afloat after suffering a miserable failure with the only other one they tried

What the fuck is this timeline?

Attached: 1491515220795.jpg (728x546, 203K)

>Melty Blood Actress Again: Hologram Summer Again, Tri Hermes Black Land.
Eat my shit, fuckface inbred

Yeah but one thing is for sure is that it won't be an EVO ready game. Which leaves a lot of time for UNICLR, BBTag 2 and Granblue to be out for a while before GG.

>EXE:late[cl-r]

why the FUCK do nips do this?

It's a French Bread thing.
Even the tag line is fucking great.

Attached: Logo1.jpg (1280x384, 188K)

IMMORTALIZE

The black guy and either May or Milia.

all of those make sense though, much more than the Under Night ones

Doesn't matter because CyGames will shill hard to make up for it.

Playing Grubble beta/demo I grew a bit of an obssession on Lancelot because of how fun his movement options are.

What other characters play like him? Someone with short reach, command dashes, teleports

Attached: lancelot whiff punish.webm (1280x720, 2.56M)

Chipp.

youtube.com/watch?v=TivpMwuGzeM

related

all of the talent at crapcum has long since left the company behind, in addition to it being run by suits who only think in terms of money. the fact that they outsourced the models in marvel is proof that the company doesn't give a shit anymore. yes i'm still butthurt all these years later.

Is he gonna be in the new guilty gear?

>1 hour

nobody knows

Probably.

They outsourced some of the models and animations in SFV too. It's why everything Dhalsim does looks so good but then you have shit like Cammy's air throw.

>1 hour to explain how to make games not so hard for dummies

It really is roundabout

Attached: RTLvsTR.jpg (757x423, 103K)

>all of the talent at crapcum has long since left the company behind
no, they're just not fucking working on Street Fighter.

I don't get why they need to be more approachable than they've already become. Modern fighters have great tutorials that make things very inviting for new players to gain knowledge they didn't have before, some of them even have frame data built right in.
Beginners just can't handle losing. They want to win every match.

For reference:

>Melty Blood
One of Arc's supers.

>Actress Again
The entire fucking series has a play motif. It's simply stating that one of the characters (probably Sion or Arc) will be an Actress Again. Actress Again is also in Eltnum's introduction text in UNIST.

>Hologram Summer Again
The first scene in the original story mode is Shiki bitching about how hot it is, hence summer. Hologram is because Zepia makes the fake become real.

>Tri Hermes Blackland
DoO's robot. It's also Sion's 200% GRD super in UNIST, she literally screams "HYUUURRMEEAAASS".

absolutely and unironically fucking based

Attached: 1539119434938.jpg (1164x1200, 158K)

>11 characters

Attached: 1458466722979.jpg (228x334, 10K)

They are definitely in a good spot right now in terms of approachability, I agree with you. I think this is mostly the case because there are tons of different types of fighting games on the market right now and coming out in the future that should appeal to wherever you are on the spectrum of fighting game skill.

What the problem is though is that there are people that want to harder games to be made easier instead of looking at the market and finding another style of game that would appeal to you. Like for me Tekken just doesn't make sense to me and I know the amount of effort it would take for me to become accustomed to a 3D game with a strange new button notation. Instead of wanting Tekken to be more like street fighter, I just go and play a different game that offers me what I'm looking for

All those games look cringe and I'm not going to buy or play any of them

Sounds like a lot of fun, watching the tournaments and playing the latest games and updates. I'd love to go one day, but that might be awhile. I always love tuning in for the fights though. So it'll be hosted November 15-17 then.

You know, I would say that Namco could beat ArcSys but we all know THAT IS BULLSHIT BLAZING

>All that time and energy spent on making the 3D models look 2D in XRD and now it's just 3D cel shaded without any chopped frames to represent 2D at all

Will anyone care?

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
I WANT TO PLAY CL-R SO FUCKING MUCH.

I'm having fun playing as Edmond Honda in Street Fighter V!

Uh, no? Have you not seen the reaction to GG online? Everyone is praising the shit out of the fluidity of animation and style seen in the trailer. A lot of people are saying it's actually hard to go back to DBFZ/GGXrd knowing what GG2020 looks like now.

The extra work they did was adding a fuck ton of extra joints to all the skeletons so they could pose them like 2D sprites. Adding extra frames during slowdowns shouldn't really affect that.

Ultimately no matter how good GG will look visually, nobody will play it. It's the same cycle every time:
>oh fuck a new GG! looks sick!
>i'll buy it!
>WHY IS IT SO HARD BAWWW IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>playerbase drops by 95% after week one
>still manages to be main stage at evo tho

>I don't have time to learn combos
I hate this meme. You don't have to learn anything but the basic combos in most fighting games to start being somewhat competent. Why do so many retards think that they need to master the most difficult combos asap?

I think this probably happens because beginners go "oh trial mode I need to learn these combos" and then hyperfocus on those.

crossplay or it's not even worth buying if you like fighting games

how many times will they trick people into buying dead dash and mash games with awful online

I can see it being in Summer, but I don't think it'll be in Autumn and I really don't think it'll be in Winter. It's worth keeping in mind that they'll have a demo ready to go at ArcRevo in November, and that's pretty soon for a game that was just announced. They've also been talking about it for a while, so I imagine its had plenty of time in development at this stage and is probably well along into development. Mid 2020 seems right, it also helps that that means they won't be competing with themselves with UNI seeing as that'll be early 2020, but I don't see it being late 2020.

It's one if the few things new players can practice without needing to fight other people, and it IS important enough that if they go in blind to a combo heavy game they'll be doing like a quarter of the damage off hit confirms that someone who knows their stuff could do.

It's also difficult to tell where the line between basic and high level combos are without extensive resources outside the game put together by people willing to help from a new player's perspective. Even SFV is lacking in that regard for more unpopular characters.

He's been in every Guilty Gear except 2, he'll almost certainly be in the new one.

Attached: 1534445158124.png (156x252, 19K)

I think it's still the chopped frames. If you look at Ky's 2H or Sol's j.K and j.S it looks like it has that style, though they did make some changes that make it have less of the 2D look that Xrd, Ky's 2H in Xrd has a very noticeable smear for example that isn't present in the trailer for the new game on his 2H at all. I didn't see any other smears or anything like that either.

ASW is saturating the market with shitty low quality games

Honestly I think what fighting games need the most is guiding the player in how much "training/tutorial" time they actually need in between matches.
Say for example, a fighting game might have 30 short "missions" teaching the player how to play the game but a new player might think they won't understand shit unless they complete the 30 missions, while in reality the first 5 missions are ultra obvious shit like moving and blocking, then the next 10 are stuff like throws, then the next 5 super meters and the like and the final missions maybe more advanced tech like cross ups, more specific types of strategies and the like. The beginner can already enjoy the game by just doing the first 15 missions but it's very likely he will do the next 15 and feel burned out, games should advice them that they should go and have fun with what they know in the SP content before continuing with the tutorials to give it a better pacing.
Then you have that fighting games like for example SFIV provide their sample combos in a very poor way. In challenge mode you will find some basic bread and butter combos that are actually useful in matches but also super complex stuff that's supposed to be an execution challenge rather than something useful in actual matches, but the game never tells the player about this and it's very easy for a noob to think they need to know and master all of the combos in the challenge mode despite how some of this combos might not even be all that better to simpler stuff due to a negligible amount of extra damage, being too expensive or specific.

That's why you shouldn't talk about those video games on Yea Forums. Yea Forums has too much cancer to discuss arcsys games

You should close your browser and go outside every once in a while, most of the people who go to those tournaments don't hate each others and try the other games without too much fuzz.