What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg (220x277, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4t4SZE6HXX4
youtube.com/watch?v=SJQ0_vOgokc
youtube.com/watch?v=_nVkHXTeiOg&list=PL7F72E09D4C28FECD&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=9FYFfUHb_M
youtube.com/watch?v=xAEjai3-T70
youtube.com/watch?v=-fpTVgamGS4
variety.com/2019/tv/news/event-horizon-series-amazon-1203291883/
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfw0LNtxic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a good sequel

It's the best Dead Space tho

Isaac talked

2 was good

They gave you a weapon which sends the enemy's torso flying into a nearby wall where it electrocutes other enemies and then fucking explodes.

And the notion that you should be using any other weapon is retarded.

>Retarded suit design
>Throws the atmosphere of the 1st game out the window
>Action game instead of survival horror
>Chapter 15
>Issac talks
nah

It's much scarier than DS1 though. The enemies are more dangerous and intense.

Dead Space 1 was action too.

The fuck it’s the best survival horror game in existence with an argument for REmake2

It would be if you didn't fight in a bright city 90% of the game with other people scattered about. A lot of the horror from the first game came from the fact you were one of maybe 10 people still alive on the entire ship, it made you feel isolated. Not to mention there was a consistent art style with the first game.

OP here, wrong pic my bad.

Attached: i'm gay.jpg (283x353, 23K)

Nope it’s just a game at the end of the day never felt isolated in 1 and never felt like the unarmed civilians around me were gonna save the day somehow

Ah well it was too much action and coop lessened the scary that’s it zero g was amazing and floating in space was cool

You never felt isolated in DS1 because that bitch and black guy kept talking to you.

Also I remember the game being very fucking dark for the most part.

Attached: DeadSpace_2_-_Stalker.jpg (1040x720, 376K)

After playing the demo I thought it was gonna be the same old and i'd find it meh.

But I decided to give the game a go anyway and holy shit was it a fun ride. Definitely a great example of a horror sequel done right (alongside Resi 2 & Evil Within 2).

I didn't like it as much as the first one, but was still a fun ride.
Also, vintage suits make the game more atmospheric

Attached: Bloody_RIGSuit.jpg (370x600, 60K)

Sacrificed what little horror elements the first game had for more action setpieces. Threw the "tools are weapons" dismemberment gimmick out the window by making most equipment straight up guns and military hardware. Isaac talked.

>Isaac talked
You prefer a silent protag that just grunted? His dialogue wasn't even that bad.

that cringe "your mom hates dead space" commercial. otherwise its a great fucking game

Attached: 20180920002221_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

>His dialogue wasn't even that bad.

If you want people to post FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER all you had to do was ask

One of the few things it does worse is bosses. Hate how one of them is just a glorified QTE sequence.

Attached: Dead_Space_2013-07-22_21-54-13-06.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

I know DS1 owes its existence to RE4 but it's a vastly better game. 2 is good it just doesnt have the same "new" feel

If you remember the commercials 10 years later, it was a good commercial.

I remember it from repeatedly watching Mandalore's retrospective videos.

I remember the dog shit i stepped in years ago too, just because it left an impression doesnt make it a good one.

I liked the arcade shooter that came with the ps3 disc, shame i never got the move controller to play it as it should.

I thought the sequence where you shoot monsterfied children and a pregnant woman whose unborn child is the weak point were completely tasteless and revulsive. The "your mom will hate it" also showed that the developers were taking the cheap shock route which ruined any subtly and air of mystery the first game had

Nothing, it's one of the best games ever made.

Too many jumpscares, QTEs and shitty hacking minigame. Other than that DS2 was amazing. DS3 on the other hand...

Attached: 1527898742664.png (800x450, 389K)

____ ___, ___ ____ ____ ______!

Nothing.
Fuck you, and your thread

Nothing.
You posted 2 and not 3.

>a-action game instead of s-survival horror
>literally based on Resident Evil 4 as said by the director himself
Dead Space is an action game first and a horror game second. The horror merely frames the action, allows cool enemies and art and thick atmosphere.

I think it's really sad the franchise didn't worked. A medroid style game combined with elderich space horror on paper its fantastic. the first two games still are in my opinion
and the lore threads are always great.

It's a better game than 1 and best in the series, so nothing.

Some people like silent protags (even though it's retarded and almost always poorly implemented, like in DS1) and the more open (backtrack filled) structure, so understandably some can prefer DS1.

Attached: 1319320409197.jpg (212x204, 7K)

All DS games are action horror.
Surival horror basically makes the player character fucking useless in combat or massively incentivizes combat.
For fucks sake, DS1 has turret sections. In what dimension does a survival horror game have turret sections?

>I think it's really sad the franchise didn't worked

It worked, but it didn't sell CoD numbers so EA scrapped it.
Seriously, EA openly stated that if DS3 didn't sell 5mil then the series would be canned.

This is why no series can work out under EA supervision.

Unrealistic expectations are gonna break the neck of each EA studio eventually.

>there will never be another Dead Space
Easily the best new IP from the past 11 years.

Attached: 1417468991246.jpg (114x215, 8K)

CLEAN IT UP, WAGIE

Attached: __isaac_clarke_and_sheriff_woody_dead_space_2_and_etc_drawn_by_fenris__c1bb69898ca074b129955922a008c (800x566, 325K)

ENTERING ZERO GRAVITY

youtube.com/watch?v=4t4SZE6HXX4

The ones your fucking girlfriend like

Be honest, Yea Forums
Engineer suit or advanced suit?

Nothing, it's amazing.

DS2 was better except for the lonely feel.

Better game experience and adventure > lonely desolate atmosphere

And I'm someone that LOVES lonely desolate atmosphere.

Engineering by a mile, advanced suit looks impractical as fuck

revisiting the ishimura was great

>DS3 on the other hand...
Amazing. Have 7600 hours in it. Dont ask how

Attached: 7600.png (552x609, 484K)

how on earth

Yeah that was great. Totally uneventful though.

What the fuck are you doing, Ivan.

>>Retarded suit design

Fuck out of my face

Attached: RiotRIG.jpg (250x405, 20K)

how

Attached: 1538763724125.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Attached: 1559795575722.jpg (770x435, 51K)

EA constantly meddling with development, that's what happened
DS1 was great
DS2 was great, but had some stupid choices put in, like that retarded multiplayer
DS3 sucked
>Far too action, not so much survival horror
>A crafting system that let you min max the best weapon combos possible that erased any challenge the game had
>Too much taking that ruined immersion
>Once again, multiplayer that made the game insultingly easy
>Generally not the same atmosphere
>A retardly over jewed microtransactions shop

Attached: 2(1).png (797x448, 615K)

Advanced looks way better.

Attached: advanced.jpg (2000x1600, 347K)

DS1 = Alien
DS2 = Aliens
DS3 = Prometheus (god it was so BAD)

Prove me wrong.

>like that retarded multiplayer
Fuck you I liked it

Attached: 1565008530851.png (1440x1531, 1.26M)

Literally nothing. The game has an amazing pacing.

DS1
>Survival / Monster Horror
>You life is in danger
>Alien-inspired

DS2
>Disaster / Psychological Horror
>The lives of millions are in danger
>Aliens-inspired

DS3
>Abstract / Lovecraft Horror
>All life is doomed
>Hellstar-Remina-inspired

Every entry in the franchise represents a new core narrative and a fresh take on the setting. They are all wonderful, even though DS3 has some design issues.

Hate for DS3 is overblown. It's definitely the worst in the series but it's not bad.

Attached: C-hEy7vXUAEIvZf.jpg (1118x936, 97K)

DS3 is such a travesty because it's really obvious which parts of it were dictated by EA. Usually it's harder to pinpoint precisely where incompetence ends and corporate fuckery begins, but with DS3 it's like picking raisins out of a cookie.

Ds3 was ruined by shitty crafting system, by being coop oriented, by human enemies and by shitty story with cartoon villain.

>alien
>not even horizon

Attached: NzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (1200x1793, 373K)

EA

It's not overblown because it not only shits on what the first 2 games established and did, but it inserted tons of utter garbage like microtransactions (which the game was redesigned around), DLC for the true ending and tons of other crap.
The hate is entirely justified and it's one of the worst sequels in videogame history.

lying faggot

>Used the plasma cutter the entire game in 1 and 2
felt good man

Attached: 1554792787830.gif (528x555, 816K)

>Fighting Nicole in 2 on Zealot with plasma cutter only

Attached: 1532780170039.png (309x313, 126K)

>tacked on cover system
>human enemies
>looks worse than ds2
>shit narrative
>more narrative instead of gameplay compared to ds1&2
>too many irrelevant characters
>retarded love triangle
>dlc ending
>microtransactions
>co-op
>universal ammo
>bad weapon crafting
>shit environment with no athmosphere or mood
>constant enemy closets where enemies keep swarming in from vents over and over in the same rooms
>enemies turned into bullet sponges that barel react to fire
>shooting limbs less important

Attached: 1456053189509.jpg (408x408, 18K)

Isaac should've died at the end. Would've been fucking kino with the credits rolling in the background while the station breaks down around him

Holy shit, why was all of that just
>Muh different game from the first one so it's bad

This. Perfect duology.

I just meant the alien1 was more horror, alien 2 was action, and prometheus was just a AAA piece of shapoopie

>all those alerts
>the shit breaking in the background
>camera slowly zooms out as Isaac just sits there
>cut to outside view of entire sprawl breaking apart
>all the while the classical music is playing
k i n o

Attached: 1560054198626.jpg (1280x1280, 115K)

I wish it had proper PC port. The controls were abysmal.

2's were better, but 1's is fucking shit

I disliked the shift in tone of 2, but it grew on me after many replays.
It's not as atmospheric as the first but still a good game that can be replayed every year.
Can't say anything nice about 3 though, it's irredeemable garbage.

Attached: Dead Space 2 02.21.2015 - 19.33.10.14.DVR.webm (720x400, 2.94M)

There was no horror in dead space. You're a heavily armored death machine wielding insane weaponry that makes mincemeat of everything you encounter while playing a voiceless, near faceless protagonist looking for a woman you dont know anything about. Its Doom tier. It's a great game but it was never scary unless you were a kid when you played it.

Is Dead Space 3 worth 5 bucks if I really enjoyed the first 2?

Attached: 1356707979601.jpg (251x249, 41K)

5 bucks? Maybe. It's not unplayable, but it did a lot of things wrong.

>Isaac should've died at the end
No, the contrast they had was good. Perfect arc for Isaac's character.

user don't forget you'll be paying extra for the ending

2 has other problems, like dissapearing necro bodies as soon as you turn around.
No big deal you think, but on highest difficulty it's a huge deal since that's basically lost ammo and other resources if you didn't double tap them since you need to damage the dead ones for drops.
This was a conflicting design due to lilited console ram that didn't have to be carried over to the PC port.

3 actually taints the first 2 games.
Also see

It's nothing like the first two, it's a mix of gears of war and lost planet with a shoestring budget.
The whole "aim for the limbs" thing, a CORE design pillar has been removed entierly.
Only co-op fags seem to like it, but they are easy to please because everything is fun with friends.

>in Ellie's voice at the very end
"What's wrong?"

Yes

security

Attached: 1557726114450.jpg (325x527, 25K)

They decided to take the first game and improve everything.

Literally a masterpiece

Yes but play it with a friend.

nothing. best dead space game and a good sequel, im just sad EA canned the franchise.
oh and the story dlc was alright even though it was an hour long.

Attached: severed.jpg (219x262, 9K)

>best suit design
>maintains the atmosphere while expanding the threat and introducing more interesting levels
>every game in this series was an "action" game user
>Chapter 15, a fun call back to the first
>Isaac talks (this is good)
yah

It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it doesn't hold up as well as the other two. If you're a story guy, I wouldn't play it as it ruins the ending for DS2. Weapon crafting is really fun, albeit broken late game.

Attached: 1562372110625.gif (249x249, 2.42M)

>Not released on PC
I'm mad

that's all we need anyone to post.
>mfw I made this image years ago with the promise to refine it but I never did

Attached: come on isaac.jpg (640x528, 217K)

>this never got a pc release

Attached: 1522729598918.gif (220x160, 1.9M)

It's good, and has its moments
>"It's all dead space..."
It's obvious from the very beginning how completely it abandons the other games' level of quality, but it's still better than 99% of 3rd-person shooters.

>Own Dead Space 2
>Still have to use pirated edition because for some reason they released a patch that gives you everything unlocked from the start ruining any sort of progression

T-thanks

>v-sync on
>30 fps
>v-sync off
>200 fps and the engine breaks

What is it about the RIGs that makes them so cool and iconic?

Attached: download (1).jpg (620x931, 96K)

You don't have to use that stuff

they made it so the hud was integrated with the world and didn't take up screen space

Yeah but since all the guns are unlocked from the start enemies will drop ammo for all of those guns instead of the 1 or 2 normal weapons you actually use and need at the start. On harder difficulties where ever piece of ammo counts it just doesnt work.

>bring back Twitchers
>DLC was only 1 hour of backtracking
Fuck that. The ending portion where you’re killing Necromorphs with your legs blown off was kino though.

This isn't true and I feel like you're not only misinformed but possibly retarded

>Detonator

Attached: ahegao2.jpg (321x321, 26K)

Nope its true, maybe play the game. Ammo drops for any unlocked weapons.

That's completely wrong. The extra guns have to be bought from the store before enemies start regularly dropping ammo for them.

Isaac talking is worth it simply for this youtube.com/watch?v=SJQ0_vOgokc

No

I always used the old-timey bulky suit, that shit was cool.

Ammo doesn’t drop unless you buy the weapons.

FUCK ME AND MY MARKER ISAAC

How could you handle the retarded checkpoints?

yeah, sucked a lot of dick, a lot of seventh gen games did that, especially for dlc.
at least we got all those suits for free?

Hacker.

That's not bad dialogue just because it involves "fuck", user. It makes perfect sense and fits.
>isaac has been dicked around with throughout the entire game
>he finally gives in and accepts his "girlfriends" help
>she screws him over
He's tired, frustrated and angry. Which is completely understandable by that point.

But of course when you're angry and frustrated you never ever curse, right? A sweet little lamb like you would never curse.

Attached: 1296918246891.jpg (546x548, 29K)

best line in the series, isaac reaches his peak with all the marker and necromorph bullshit

ELLIE BABY

Attached: cuck.png (1249x669, 1.44M)

I think he’s complimenting it

literally how though?

>he used center aiming instead of switching to classic

Attached: 1564264825564.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

Voiced protag. All he says is shit fuck shit like he's an AVGN skit. No backtracking, basically a corridor shooter. The antigravity sections were far more lame than the first games.

So basically like all good horror action games it flipped to action horror for the sequel because of feedback from plebs.

Fact: The invincible necromorph ruined the last level

Attached: 1557690108578.png (1000x1000, 124K)

Yeah he could have cut back on the swearing a bit, only to make that fuck you line at the end even more satisfying

>i don't know wtf i'm talking about
DS1 was in no shape or form a horror game. It's a game built around shooting enemies and has you running around with shit like assault rifles and the line gun.
It had turret sections, forced combat encounters (no sneaking past or trying to avoid them) and action setpieces.
It was an action game with horror elements, just like 2.

>no backtracking
This is a good thing.

Microstransactions and the slow turn to a CoD style gameplay.

I said horror action. Use your brain more than your feelings and maybe you'll be less of a faggot.

>flipping the words horror and action around actually has meaning
It doesn't, brainlet.
The fact is that the first one was very much an action game with horror elements, just like the second game. Even if you don't want to admit it because you're delusional.

t. john carpenter

Ran a dead space tabletop game once and it was pretty fun. The necromorphs are just such a fun enemy, the games really stay entertaining despite combat remaining pretty similar in structure throughout.

Whatever you say captain.

Plasma cutter best gun. Contact beam close second.

Riot Security all day every day

Man, I really need to give the javelin a second chance

as much as I like scifi designs the Advanced Suit always irked me on how...unprotective it looked given the setting
basically it only has a few metalic plates that barely cover anything important with what MIGHT be some short of metal mesh underneath the vacuum fabric
If I were to go up against space lovecraftian zombies I would pick tier 5 Engineering suit
the suit underneath the plates themselves was some short of titanium mesh and the plates were neatly covering almost all important parts

Ripper is best gun

One thing DS1 had that DS2 didn't have, at least imo, is a memorable OST
youtube.com/watch?v=_nVkHXTeiOg&list=PL7F72E09D4C28FECD&index=2

I dunno how I could really be scared in a game that has a dedicated curb-stomp button

Jesus how wrong can one man be.

Attached: Kwark.jpg (1280x800, 61K)

>tfw EA ruined the game and we will NEVER get closure for Isaac Clarke
FUCK I JUST WANT A GODDAMN DEAD SPACE 4, OR A REBOOT TO THE SERIES
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN THIS WAY

Attached: PAIN.gif (200x200, 470K)

>Hey, this game has a pretty niche fanbase!
>Let's request that it makes a bullshit amount of money and if it doesn't we'll kill it dead!
EA is a fucking death sentence for everything

Best suit design right there

Didn't the co-op shit also limited your experience of the game alone, since some parts were co-op only?

Suit's looked fine, you can even get the ones from DS1 if you're a nitpicky little bitch

Atmosphere is fine, in some places it's even better than 1

DS1 had plenty of action

>Action game has a gauntlet of enemies to the final boss
Is this your first video game?

Explain why this is bad

Do you even think about your complaints before you make them?

The co-op only parts were all about the co-op buddy who's name no one remembers and had a gimmick that actually required another player to work.

This weapon when fully upgraded, is hand down -THE- most satisfying weapon in gaming history.

Attached: nicole copy.jpg (882x648, 58K)

Yeah, certain sections were only doable if you had a friend, or wanted to join the random online monkey house to have a brain dead squeaker join you and die every 3 seconds
It was really shit and unnecessary
Especially since multiplayer was tacked on pretty late into development so the enemies weren't scaled for two people, making an already easy game even easier

>Fully Upgraded Javelin
>Fully Upgraded Contact Beam
>Fully Upgraded Ripper
The most satisfying loadout

I know it'll never happen but I wish they fixed the DS1 PC port

>let's not progress the story in any way
>let's make isaac an imbecile trusting and following no-question every shit he sees while ignoring everything he learned from DS1
Dead Space 3 was the eventual result of the stale and bland game that was Dead Space 2.

Nothing was wrong with 2. The problems started during the development of 3. The first 2 major problems were the forced co-op and the 2nd was the ridiculous sales requirement set by EA.

Some suit wanted this franchise dead and made it happen.

Attached: 1528826250038.jpg (293x311, 15K)

Isaac has a hard life

What's the special ability of the ripper once it's fully upgraded?

It makes dealing with dark Necromorphs a breeze since the Ripper just screds through everything like its paper when fully upgraded

All I ever wanted was for this game to have a good flamethrower, but it's always shit

Too easy

The DS2 Flamethrower was great though. It's the best on the big necro's

the part where you re-enter the ishimura was intense and kino as fuck

its kind of funny resident evil and dead space went the same path, expect resident evil is actually being fixed up now which is good, but holy fuck dead space went the worst route, i think dead space 2 was actually good in my shit opinion and was the equivalent of resident evil 4 for dead space but holy fuck it totally lost itself by 3 like how resident evil did by 5

Flamer became useless in the last few chapters on the game. Better grab the detonator to secure your flanks and rear if you want to survive on hardcore.

There's always that one mega autist. I had a german in my steam friend list that I played Dying Light with, he was playing fucking Max Payne day and night and has like 2000 hours in it with similar numbers in other games. I even called him out on it, what the fuck he was doing and he responded instantly with a surprised tone like I had woken him from some coma.

That was maybe a year or two ago. Now I see he hasn't been on Steam for a week - hope he's alright.

Attached: 1442473590001.png (565x595, 654K)

Aww for fuck sake
youtube.com/watch?v=9FYFfUHb_M

youtube.com/watch?v=xAEjai3-T70

>Muh protags should be silent!
Holy fuck that shit complaint again?

>The final Reveal of Nicole death,the sole reason you are in the ship and are facing the nightmare in the first place being told by a former friend thta just betrays you
>Isaac just stays quiet and move his head in a dispointing way a little

Voiced Isaac is a fucking improvment and only literal autists say otherwise

user, if you just wanted a Dead Space thread, bait this bad wasn't necessary.
Anyway, which are the best enemies in the series and why is it Stalkers?

>tfw you remember visceral got shut down and their last game was that shitty battlefield

it shouldn't have ended like this

Attached: 1562772648251.png (500x411, 247K)

I think there is a mouse fix over at some site, but yeah. I don't even get why it was like that, considering 2 is relatively free of these issues.

And it actuall makes me wonder, since I'm a bit of a brainlet: how and why do physics tend to break or get altered with higher framerates in certain games?

Yes hello this is the Marker Fucker I heard you had Markers that require Fucking

Attached: contact beam.jpg (620x349, 23K)

I liked the second over the first, First has better horror element but controls are not as tuned and most weapons are useless. Second game hit that sweet spot. We don't talk about the third game and if we have to then nothing past going planet side.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fpTVgamGS4

Thanks Marker Fucker I did need a Marker that needed Fucking.
Hey there's a bunch of Necromoprhs I need to be fucked, can you assist in that as well?

Attached: 1564719853651.jpg (488x361, 36K)

Speaking of event horizon

variety.com/2019/tv/news/event-horizon-series-amazon-1203291883/

Sure as long as you don't consider it canon, my headcanon is they all died trying to make it to the planet.

>not liking corny shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfw0LNtxic
First one had best atmosphere but second one had best gameplay and sequences.

What are the best guns to use on hardcore?

Buzzer, Plasma Cutter x2

The game should have been entirely like the first few hours with maybe a quick jaunt down planetside. Also it could have used more of a The thing approach since its taking so much influence anyway.

>Spam stomp
>Isaac yells FUCK FUCK FUCKER FUCKING DIE MOTHER FUCKER DIE DIE
Based. The voice actor they got was amazing

For What Purpose My Dear Ruskie?

Attached: Caution.jpg (640x707, 94K)

I did 4 hardcore runs and each time I used the plasma cutter, the detonator, linegun, and force gun
Detonator is always useful for covering your ass and more importantly it one-shots the tripods during the elevator section.
Force gun was mostly to ensure I wouldn't get overwhelmed by leapers during certain sections.
Line gun I only used for its alt fire as it easily clears out those blob-spawning shits in the zero g sections.

I fucking wish there was a Viscera Cleanup Detail expansion on that ship. Have continuity with the ship being docked after having been recovered.

My nigga

Attached: shaft1-1024x708.jpg (1024x708, 76K)

Attached: Isaaccomic.png (526x1220, 66K)

I wish there was a shotgun

More like Money Maker, I always drag it along to sell its ammo so I can fully upgrade 3 weapons until chapter 4

You were supposed to post 3 dumbass.

Best Not-Shotgun

EA

I was going to say how in the fuck someone can put that many hours on that game. But then I realized I have 8k hours on NV so I ain't going to judge you user. Carry on you glorious bastard.

Attached: 1558571157192.png (2583x2763, 3.98M)

A fate worse than death.

Force gun might as well be a shotgun.

>No backtracking
That's actually good. But you do have to backtrack if you want to get stuff.

Attached: 1374625326324.jpg (744x918, 339K)

r u retarded? Returning to the Ishumura was the best part of the game.

He had accepted death. Then Ellie breaks through the wall. Can't kill off the main character in only the 2nd game.

"Hard to the Core" was the hardest achievement I have ever gotten.

The worst part is that even in Dead Space 3 there are some elements which aren't the worst. The concept of the Markers being part of the reproductive cycle of a moon-sized predator was cool, it's just that it completely fucks with the scale of things. Isaac went from fixing antennas and being an engineer to being some sort of Flash Gordon.

Who knows. Maybe Visceral will be revived under a better publisher in the future and be able to either reboot or continue the series.

kinda sad really. felt like they were essentially ripping off the reapers from mass effect.

a man can dream

all the talent left Visceral long ago

>beat nicole
>die during segment where you fly up to the gunship

Attached: 1435618239860.jpg (400x300, 104K)

EA executives demanded a quickly developed third game because trilogies are all the rage, and to add in a p2w cash shop system
Visceral's devs were dead inside while presenting the game. "look at that epic pulping" "so epic"
For absolutely no reason at all they also added a subplot where Isaac Clarke gets cuckolded just to ruin the optimistic ending of DS2 where he escapes the planet with an actual living woman this time instead of realizing this entire time his fiancee was FUCKING DEAD and he was seeing her due to a psychotic break/Marker manipulation.

Cutter and Detonator as explained by are your essentials.
I used the Javelin myself as backup. Once I got hold of the Contact Beam I sold all my shit, bought enough nodes to fully upgrade it and spent what was left on ammo and health. Seriously it's the only weapon you'll need.
Upgrade stasis as soon as you can at the start. Learn to 1-shot pukers with their own projectiles because to you need to be on point with this in the final chapters. I died a few times midway, once to the eye machine and one last time on the final flying sequence after Nicole (yes).

Attached: 1418565848726.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

> Learn to 1-shot pukers with their own projectiles because to you need to be on point with this in the final chapters.
Wait a second, you can return the Pukers' projectiles at them? How? I just got through Zealot once and was never even aware of this.

Attached: 1552514700441.jpg (400x384, 13K)

Grab them midair with your telekinesis and hurl them back. 1shots everything, even the black ones.

You just grab them out of the air. TK is honestly overpowered. You can kill entire child packs just by repeatedly throwing a suitcase at them.

Man I know your pain
>mfw going through any flying sequence after that happend

Attached: 1281123672688.jpg (979x905, 101K)

It would have been ok as well.

Huh. And yeah, TK does get a bit ridiculous. I just never used it because the guns in the game are so fun.

>they also added a subplot where Isaac Clarke gets cuckolded
Oh, yeah, a love triangle with a piece of cardboard. Even though she would have been better as a co-op partner since she was shown to be able to use weapons and also to learn about her backstory. Christ, even 3 could have been a great game, but EA had to be themselves.

Fuck anybody who keeps them alive through buying Star Wars, FIFA or BF garbage. Fuck them.

posting best gun

Attached: Seeker Rifle.jpg (500x250, 123K)

You are my personal hero then. Thank god for drawfags

nah its the contact beam

Attached: contact beam.jpg (250x405, 28K)

But did we get the patrol suit for the PC ver.?, this is really fucking important.

Attached: 1507414162636.jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

a-user....
i-i....

At least Weller admires Isaac's handwork with the first Tripod you kill.

You get the suit...
but the helmet is the same as a security suit helmet

>"Isaac you have to cut off their limbs!!!!"
>bodyshot everything with fully upgraded seeker rifle
Fuck you and fuck your limbs.

>tfw playing through the first game right now

Honestly, I'm surprised how well this aged in terms of gameplay and graphics

Both DS1 and 2 aged really well. Especially DS1

I did the same a few weeks ago, only problem i had is the mouse aiming feel sluggish.

Attached: 1463613069866.jpg (500x500, 60K)

when in doubt, blow the fuck out of it

Attached: 1564177272730.gif (200x133, 930K)

>Get a suit for beating the DLC
>It's not that
I was so disappointed.

>play dead space for the first time a month or so ago
>find out the hard way that if you use the continue game option from the main menu and you are playing on hard, it automatically sets the game to normal for some reason and i saved over my hard save without noticing
>forced to play through the rest of the game on normal

Attached: file.png (718x617, 588K)

THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE

What do you aim for first? Legs or arms?

Why was giving Isaac a voice so fucking perfect?

Attached: gunner wright plasma cutter.jpg (632x936, 72K)

Isaac proved how big his cock was multiple times

Attached: Isaac vs Norton.png (1366x768, 1.14M)

Legs, always legs so i can move around them if needed since there is always enemies spawning behind you.

Attached: Isaachelpmeohgod.jpg (436x445, 37K)

The whole series is terrible

Depends on the enemy type but almost always go for the legs

If the situation demands me to deal with a mass of Nercomorphs then I'll immobilize them and kill as needed. Otherwise just quick kill with the limbs.

Attached: 1510043765804.jpg (780x577, 245K)

Engineering
>buy new suits for permanent armor upgrades then switch back to engeneer

Attached: Suit000.jpg (1080x2556, 401K)

I think that was the point user. Its not supposed to LOOK big and tanky like the Engineer or the Vintage suit. Offers the protection of those while being slick and flexible.

why are dead space threads so comfy?

Because they're extremely solid games that, while not perfect, still hold up 10 years later

ahem
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER

Attached: 9e5.jpg (470x470, 23K)

>the security suit is ridiculously cool even if the advanced suit looks a little awkward
>Dead Space 1's atmosphere was already starting to get a little tired towards the end unless you were a superfan of industrial horror, DS2 is a different style but it's not like you can argue that it isn't well done, or anything
>DS1 is already action horror, you're playing a TPS not RE1
>???
>Isaac's voice over is pulled off extremely well and I'm the type of dude that usually gets pissed off over the stripping of voiced protags

god i love these pictures

bump

nothing?

Replaying these on the highest difficulty actually makes me scared again. The Fucking sound design in 1 is stellar.

I like playing it with music turned off.

DS1 has terrible pacing. This is a more egregious error than anything listed in your attempt to fit in. Thus DS2 takes the prize for best installment.

>beat 2 for the first time
>decide to replay on a harder difficulty
>due to a bug the riot suit is unlocked right from the beginning for FREE at the store
>even on a brand new game

Yeah, it would've been better if you fixed the tram first and then returned to the room to watch everyone else get horribly butchered

Dead Space 1 helped me get over my fear of horror games and become less of a pussy. Though it it did take me over a decade to finally get back to it.

Don't you think you ought to play games before discussing them?

My exact experience with it, too, except that I'd played horror games before. It was just the second to actually scare me (first was Parasite Eve). I was also terrified of The Thing, so you can probably see a pattern here. Nothing else has ever made me dread actually starting it like Dead Space did, though.
Fuck I love this game.

I wonder if modern, chemical propelled handguns still exist in dead spaces setting, and how well they would perform against necromorths

They do exist and they're woefully ineffective.

Vintage. Engineering suit somehow looks million times worse in DS2, than it did in DS1

Whoops

EA putting their dicks into it like every game that gets a sequel.

Shame.. not surprisingly tho.
Civilians in the game mostly don't own any weapons anyways, much less the mining equipment that is useful against them.

the 'bad' guy

How old is he? I remember I wasn't self conscious of any time amount put on games or movies when I was 14 to 20, replaying nfsc and certain vidya-comic based movie everyday.

nothing. I even say to myself that 2 was where dead space ended, 3 was where they shit the bed.

>they cuck Isaac in 3
geezus fucking christ give the guy a break

Attached: ultimate cuck.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

I don't know...

Attached: 1560475732728.jpg (938x660, 95K)

>t. shat his pants to the sun

>make last save in the mines
>Have to do lazer eye surgery everytiem now
I grew to hate myself

Name a better mobile game
you can't
No one makes actual games for phones anymore

Attached: deadspace.jpg (640x360, 48K)

Dead space 3 rigs are all so goddamn boring.

I actually think 3 was pretty good. Sure it wasn't the A+++ of the first game, or close to A+++ that was the sequel, but it was fun, had some interesting concepts and the plot held up way better than I expected it to do.

Attached: shrugging.jpg (600x400, 29K)

kino