SRPG / TRPG for men

Okay faggots for years now I've seen you posting in every single Fire Emblem thread saying "FE is babby's first SRPG", "FE is watered down and casual", etc etc. So here I am to ask you what are the most hardcore and challenging SRPGs to grapple with? Stuff that'll put hair some hair on your chest. I recently came into a lot of free time so I'll be playing these games to completion.

/e/ image to guarantee replies

Attached: 2e9828ab69830604c4ccb10b16e4c342.jpg (1664x1000, 988K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gebdraws.tumblr.com/post/165038032500/thighs-of-the-recent-voting-gauntlet
youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FFT

Left is still best girl. Also yggdra union although it's basically a FE clone.

Post the full image and I might tell you.

there's an idea. which one? there seem to be three spread across various consoles.

>SRW
>FFT
>TO

That is the full image

gebdraws.tumblr.com/post/165038032500/thighs-of-the-recent-voting-gauntlet

I hate to inform you that that is the full image.

There's only one FFT you dumb faggot. If someone wanted you to play FFTA or FFTA2 they'd say "Play FFTA or FFTA2." Now go play the War of the Lions version on PSP you fucker.

The original
advance is shit

No one cares about any except the first. And the first isn't a strategy game, it's FFV with grid movement

Play ogre battle

Want to smell their pusy

>yfw there are people on Yea Forums unironically saying shit like Disgaea is better than Fire Emblem.

SRW is absolutely the most hardcore in terms of lore.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone measure how hardcore a game is in terms of its lore. Are you just saying that hardcore stuff happens in the game?

gorky 17, silent storm, openxcom, JA2

idk, no retarded weebshit, thats for sure

>Play ogre battle
This.

Ogre Battle
have fun OP

>le whoa dude, min/max your characters into fucking super heroes and ape the game, so fucking hardcore bro

Attached: 1559506846959.jpg (439x697, 33K)

Each game is a crossover of either multiple anime or multiple OC characters from other SRW games

The Langrisser series.

Attached: 5d3726cbd5736fc0f5ede82ce533d70d4359a2bdr1-1000-490v2_hq.jpg (1000x490, 191K)

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

Attached: AEBDCCFE-A30E-4F8A-82F1-C63FB1AF44F9.jpg (641x1068, 466K)

FFT is one of the easiest SRPGs ever made and although it's still a fantastic game, anyone who'd answer with it in this context has obviously never played another SRPG, and probably never played FFT either.

Natural Doctrine.

Attached: timetoDIGIN.jpg (519x694, 65K)

Rondo of Swords

>JA2
>have 90% of your team waiting in semi-circle around door for ambush
>enemy opens door
>your team opens fire with rifles and misses every shot
>single enemy one-shots half the team with a pistol before going back inside, doesn't miss a single shot
It's not as retarded as the psi-system from xcom, but playing these games made me realize that SRPG/TRPG games are just RTS games for people who can't handle the real-time aspect and so use RNG as a substitute since otherwise every SRPG/TRPG game would be about sitting behind a corner and then shooting the enemy first. Dice rolls didn't go in your favor? Restart mission or load from last quick-save point and savescum your way to victory!

Doesn't surprise me that SRPGs/TRPGs and VNs are the two most popular genres on Yea Forums.

Attached: YYHKSH.jpg (600x450, 32K)

>SRPGs/TRPGs and VNs are the two most popular genres on Yea Forums
hmm. somehow I don't think that's actually true judging from what I've seen

im playing this game and its very unforgiving. You make one wrong move and your party wipes. I feel like every map I have to die the first attempt just to see what the enemy is going to be doing so i can develop a counter strategy. Its a pain to get through.

Attached: 1536194277604.jpg (1080x1350, 926K)

The Battle of Wesnoth
free and has literally more campaigns than any of these games, with some campaigns having multiple routes which encourages replays to see how the story would turn out

Attached: Wesnoth Choice 1.jpg (1920x1080, 832K)

Wild arms XF

which rleease of ogre battle?

>Play ogre battle
Umm... okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw

SRW and FFT are far far easier than Fire Emblem.