Greatest action RPG of all time coming through

Greatest action RPG of all time coming through

Attached: 129738915.png (1000x1414, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QDNUKjXalg
youtube.com/watch?v=PkcrRxj0-FQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PgUhYFkVdSY
youtu.be/mZ-ruJBqZwk
youtu.be/-dgl8oIhZlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its great but I always peter out when you get to the coastal island town. I don't know why. Heard Steambot Chronicles was a great game from that era too.

I am glad someone else remember this.

I was always disappointed in how they didn't continue the series, considering they had found a good formula and the sequels would have been better for sure

>my copy used to crash all the fucking time
I-i'll never see what the Laser Bomb looks like ;_;

The sequel was Dragon Quest 8. Arte Piazza or Enix themselves would have never come up with the Alchemy Pot.

youtube.com/watch?v=8QDNUKjXalg
Listening to this sends me to my childhood and gives peace to my heart.

Attached: backwards jump.jpg (1127x634, 235K)

Yeah we know level 5 made the games doesn't mean it's a sequel. Rogue Galaxy could be considered closer to a sequel but it has no town building.

>ronda rousey's favorite game
dropped

>all those hours spent taking photos

Buy a new one off of amazon.

Sold my ps2 long ago, biggest mistake of my life right there

my nikka

Probably my favorite game of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=PkcrRxj0-FQ

Attached: Dark Messiah Kicking.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

I think the game is a little too long for its own good, at least dungeon-wise. I can completely understand where you're coming from, Veniccio is around the point I always start to feel like it's dragging on a bit when I replay.

emulate it bro. I know nothing about that crap but most of Yea Forums does and is very willing to help you troubleshoot so you can play it.

TIME FOR SPHEDA

I think that was when they started adding Spheda to the optional stuff in the dungeons and I just didn't like it. I liked the idea of it, but coupling it with randomly generated dungeons was not fun.
It felt like Blitzball bullshit on crack.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgUhYFkVdSY

>trying to get 100%

Attached: 1425364392035.jpg (620x631, 167K)

Does anyone know how this plays on PCSX2? Or should I get the PS4 version? This thread reminded me of how /comfy/ this game was

I was obsessed with this game, the weapons upgrade system is addictive af

Attached: 22221.gif (960x720, 42K)

I always preferred the art style of the first game because everyone didn't have those stupid proportions that made their hands, ass and legs huge. But that said, everything else in Dark Cloud 2 is much better than Dark Cloud 1 except, imo, the town building.

I really wish they could have made a Dark Cloud 3 because I can only imagine how much better everything could have been made.

Attached: Dark Cloud games.jpg (550x550, 118K)

I remember Christmas of 2004, 10 yo, I didn't care about any of my presents, I just wanted to go back upstairs and continue playing this game, despite already playing it for the last 4 months. It was my first addiction
youtu.be/mZ-ruJBqZwk
youtu.be/mZ-ruJBqZwk
youtu.be/mZ-ruJBqZwk

Attached: 1561237584813.jpg (286x327, 17K)

I never ran into any issues emulating it. In fact, I highly recommend you emulate it to make savestates for Spheda.

I got too distracted by Monica's fur bikini. Literally buckets of cum.

Attached: 1437988210676.jpg (297x297, 14K)

I'm going to be completely honest. Being able to play the Dark Cloud games is the only reason I still have a PS4.

Attached: 1563508777614.gif (320x180, 1.07M)

Grade Zero + Last Resort is the best combo
>tfw Monica's ranged weapon is so garbage you never got past the fifth tier
>tfw monster transformations are 300% garbage

Attached: 22222.gif (960x720, 39K)

Here's a better Dark Cloud

Attached: 1565198067292.jpg (600x800, 76K)

Dark Clouds 1 and 2 made me save up a couple hundred bucks and buy an accordion, and to this day Palm Brinks and Queens themes are the only two songs I know how to play on it

Fuck off, nigger. That is NOTHING like it.

>game has bugs that make important items disappear

Attached: dark_cloud_2_starlight.png (656x611, 18K)

I remember being given the choice between buying this or Kingdom Hearts 1. I picked the latter. Did I make the right choice, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1497234881170.png (546x388, 180K)

>everything else in Dark Cloud 2 is much better than Dark Cloud 1 except, imo, the town building.
the town building in dark cloud 1 is dishonest marketing because you don't even get to decide where you build things,everyone has overly specific requests (especially the last two areas, which you need to follow a very specific "this piece goes here and nowhere else" design) and the pieces are set

dark cloud 2 has much vaguer objectives and less specialized buildings (a variety of houses vs "this specific NPC's house) which means you can actually build things in a different way from other players and embellish on the design while still getting 100%

It was kino either way, but you saved yourself from getting into kingdom hearts.

t- someone who owns both DC1&2 and KH1&2

That's the problem with ranged weapons, you rarely use them to defeat enemies and the experience you get as a result isn't allocated to them, so you can't upgrade to higher tiers. I did the Name-Change Ticket exploit to get Last resort in the end, had to grind a lot in the dungeons to get those gold medals through fishing / spheda etc. Fun times

It still holds up today. Emulate it.

I mean they're both great games with a similar amount of content. I don't think you could lose in that deal. Still, I wish you could have had them both.

Max's gun is actually really useful against flying enemies, so I actually used it enough to naturally upgrade it.

>tfw you spent so much extra time getting materials for shit you didn't even need to build just because you wanted to build it

One problem I had with the Georama system was that no matter how you built the town, it always looked the same pre built town when you travelled to the future. If they ever make a DC3 they should implement it in a way that your basic town layout stays the same in the future timeline

Are these glitches or is this Zodiac Spear/ExcaliburII tier fuckery?
Jap games go both ways.

youtu.be/-dgl8oIhZlA

Attached: 1466865074658.png (708x572, 228K)

they're actually glitches

It's pretty clearly a glitch relating to how the future changes as you build up the Georama. It only happens in that chapter. The items in the chest are all simple HP Ups, not really a big deal to miss out on. You can't max out both characters' HP anyway.

>The items in the chest are all simple HP Ups, not really a big deal to miss out on
Not unless you plan to finish the post-game too.

Glitches. A couple fruits of eden (raises max hp by 8) can permanently disappear if you don't get them. You complete a level, 3 of them spawn, then they immediately disappear the next mission. Pretty bullshit.

>Greatest action RPG of all time coming through
Pic related.

Attached: Illusion-of-Gaia.jpg (819x1473, 206K)

Played this when I was 8, very underrated game.

Attached: 156736278432.jpg (1200x799, 454K)

Is the story in this game connected to the first? Seems like fun but I don't have much time to play games these days

The plots aren't connected at all, both games have different
>I don't have much time to play games these days
that's sad user. Work ?

pretty much, been struggling to complete longer RPGs so that's why i asked. first one looks fun but i only really hear about dark cloud 2. can I skip the first or is it worth playing?

Both are good games, 2 has way more content than 1 though, so if you're short on time 1 might be the way to go. But 2 is the better game if you ask most people, it does everything 1 does but better and then some

This. When spheda came in and paired it with t he dungeons i lost interest and quit. I replayed it some 10 years after getting all the photos and upgrading and grinding only to get to that point again and go....oh yeah this. Drop

But I liked spheda

What's the least tedious way to play these games?
When I was a kid, I would just shove the spheres into whatever weapon I was upgrading. Then I read that the best method is to upgrade weaker weapons, then fuse them into your strong one. Either way, they both seem time-consuming and gindy.

You're right. DQB is a good game.

It really doesn't matter unless your autism won't let you not min/max every game at every possible moment.
Its an action rpg so you can just move out of the way of any attack or just jump into Steve to curbstomp anything.

Spheda is fun until they start marrying it to optional stuff in a randomly generated dungeon. Some of the random layouts are just bullshit. Minigolf is fun. roguelike minigolf is also fun. roguelike minigolf that you have to do well to advance is not fun.

>But 2 is the better game if you ask most people, it does everything 1 does but better and then some
Except the fucking windmill sword, i HATE that shit. Especially when i was trying to get everything blind and kept getting that one.

wait what, this is the first i've heard of DQ8 being like dark cloud, post more info?

Does DQ9 retain any of the similarties?

really? she has good taste then

DQ8 was made by Level-5, same studio as Dark Cloud.
It isn't very similar but they added an alchemy pot that is sort of a mainstay in DQ now and it is completely a Level-5 addition, I assure you.
Nothing Arte Piazza or Enix was doing with DQ at the time was even close to the type of crafting autism Level-5 was knee deep in.
They made the alchemy pot work faster in remakes because it was literally autism: the mechanic in its first iteration.