Why does this game have such a big fanbase?

Why does this game have such a big fanbase?
Witcher 3 wasn't even the best game in the series.

Attached: 292030_screenshots_2015-05-29_00004.jpg (1920x1080, 550K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=COYwr4b6nuY
youtube.com/watch?v=aicNSILp57c
youtu.be/xQ0b-XP0vxU
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BsJ1TRMh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ive only played the first and the second and enjoyed them. What changes were made to 3?

it was a console game

Good open world. These types of games are great for escapism, when it's done right you get Witcher 3 levels of praise.

Except it is the best game in the series. 3 had the best world AND the best combat, such as it was.

Big open world medieval fantasy games get gay ass nerds wet in the pussy

I am playing 1 now. And while enjoyable the missions structure is annoying with how it can bug out or lock you out if done in the wrong order.

2 had the best combat.

greatest game of all time

Attached: Screenshot (188).png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

No. 2's combat is shit. Worse than the first even.

Combat wise it's 1 > 2 > 3 desu. 2 had more difficulty and there's just something about how it felt compared to 3 that was better. Same Souls rehashed shit though.

1 actually had some depth.

Nope. 2s combat is excellent.

It also had a much better story than 3, with arguably the exception of Hearts of Stone.

Big open world with lots of autistic detail and nice enough graphics
That and just coming out at the perfect tiem are the exact same reasons for skyrims success

because its shit and people love shit games

>2s combat is excellent
lol

because muih mature plot and fucking.
basically the video games equivalent of game of thrones.

Attached: normies.png (1912x1072, 3.41M)

Waifus

>Combat wise it's 1 > 2 > 3 desu.
Shitposting this hard should not be allowed. Spamming group style attack for everything is not good gameplay.

Then do something else. There's depth.

It was casual enough as opposed to W1 and the setting was fresh enough because it was only a 3rd game

You should try playing it on pc it's like a totally different game, much better.

It definitely is. The combat made the first two unbearable.

It was made for normies. All the cool shit with making potions is gone. Remember how you felt when I'm 2 they made potions more simple and you thought that was gay? Well in 3 they literally just make themselves with you doing nothing.
All the planning for combat? Gone.

2s combat is fantastic.
It's not just click click click shit. Go play assassin's Creed fag.

OP has something behind him.

Attached: The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.01.03 - 15.29.41.20.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

>planning for combat
>not knowing when you were going to be thrown into a 30 minute cutscene or an all out brawl and unable to craft potions that last for 10 minutes
Yeah no, TW1 did it the best, but TW2 was useless when it came to alchemy because you couldn’t craft anything on the fly and they were too short lived to craft in advance

2 is the best in the series. Best writing in any RPG that I know of. Best art design in any WRPG.

youtube.com/watch?v=COYwr4b6nuY

>It's not just click click click shit.
Did we play the same game? That's exactly how it was when I completed it on Dark difficulty.

2 was even more consolized than 3. Miss me with that QTE shit

You can turn off the QTEs. The game itself is better. Hubs fit the formula better than an open world, beautiful art, and the writing is unrivaled in the genre.

That's 30x better than the bland combat in TW3 AND you couldn't just spam potions.

i feel sorry for people who didn't enjoy the witcher games

Bro Letho wasn't the hardest boss in that game.

Potions are unusable in 2 unless you know exactly what you’re about to face or you get lucky because they last for 10 minutes as opposed to the in-game day it used to be in TW1

>Tfw would like Witcher 3 more if the choices I made in 2 actually mattered
One entire route just thrown away.

exactly. looks like a testament to the quality of the fight engine.

All true but lemme piss on your parade for a bit. The guy who wrote the game is now working for Blizzard (after his work on CP2077 was done).

Even if you're serious, it's encounters that make combat good too, and I can't think of a single fight in 2 that's better than most bosses in HoS and B&W

Attached: vampire getting trashed.webm (684x384, 2.9M)

If you pay attention to your missions and to the environment you know what you're about to face.

The secret boss was more dynamic than Letho figh
youtube.com/watch?v=aicNSILp57c

Because it's a game made for women. I'm not kidding.

Tomaszkiewicz was the primary narrative director, not Stepien

It's futile to try to explain how shit that looks.

What do you have against women?

Nope, because 1) a quest design may feature a “surprise” or dialogue that extends the duration or 2) the enemies may make a “surprise” appearance sooner than expected. The fact that you HAVE TO kill those enemies within 10 minutes is just pure retardation.

TW2 just had more weight to it with better sound effects, even the music was better.

>music was better
Abso fucking lutely not. TW3’s rustic Slavic music shits all over TW2’s generic sounds GoT soundtrack.

Saving Triss was my fave combat.
youtu.be/xQ0b-XP0vxU

My biggest gripe with the game will forever be that they made potion effects so ridiculously fucking short.

I remember in 1 you could practically go the whole fucking ingame-night with 1 potion, since the duration was something like 8 ingame hours.

I disagree but whatever floats your boat.
I liked 3's combat better because it's also closer to the cat-like fighting/half-dancing style of witchers, 1 also did that better albeit a lot more clumsily.

>3
>best combat
Play more videogames.

It's modded though, I don't remember those side spin dodges

Both games have amazing soundtracks, claiming one is better than the other is just subjective autism.

way to miss the point

Yeah it's the fixed combat mod which makes the game even better.

they threw all the "prepare for the hunt" stuff out of the window

Its babby's first """"""""""""""""""""RPG""""""""""""""""""""

>both are amazing
>separate but equal, to each his own!
Yeah no, it’s clear one soundtrack was heavily influenced by the series’ Slavic roots and the other was a blatant western fantasy soundtrack ripoff. Those aren’t equally good, not everything is equal.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried this mod?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522

I like the games atmosphere it got me to go back and finish witcher 2. Shame they forgot about half of that games characters. I think I might start the novels soon

Why are people who shit on popular games that are generally well received, even on Yea Forums, always illiterate retards?

way to be dumb. the combat in 3 was boring, and nobody who actually plays videogames would consider it to be a positive aspect of the game.

God damn this part was good. TW2 is so underrated.

>no true Scotsman

I liked the base game I thought skellige was the best part but both dlcs were so much better. I think the witcher works best when it's done in chapters like 1 and 2.

I just started 3 after finishing 1 and 2.
I mean, it's fine, seems like a good game, yes the combat is kinda dull but it's still miles better than what 1 and 2 had to offer in that department.
I still don't get why normies like it so much though.

This thread makes me wanna replay W2 in 4K.

I remember playing some older version that was ok but this is something else.

Witcher 3 is marginally better than all the other crap that gets passed off for RPGs

>The moon is there, there!

Attached: The Witcher 3 Super-Resolution 2019.08.06 - 22.26.13.39j.jpg (3840x2160, 3.65M)

Probably the best open world to play in

People go on about the combat being shit and the story being good, but for me its the world and environments that make it one of my favourites

Walking through a forest, or strolling along a riverbank in the rain

Top fucking tier

Its the best 3rd person open world. (STALKER has the best FPS open world)

Just watch this vid to see what im on about

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BsJ1TRMh8

Gothic is objectively shit you autistic kraut faggot

Attached: .jpg (1920x1080, 592K)

Thot destroyer.

Attached: The Witcher 3 Super-Resolution 2019.07.14 - 04.28.59.15 Thumbnail.png (1920x1080, 3.7M)

Both TW 1 and 2 have beetter comfy art since the graphics weren't fucking butchered. Like the rain effects are dog shit in TW3.

2 is by far the worst game of the series in every aspect tho

i have never been more immersed in a game in my life. 135 hours and still so much shit left to do
if every game was witcher 3 quality we'd be in a golden age of gaming

Redditors.