ITT obscure indie gems. Post truly good shit that's not normally talked about

ITT obscure indie gems. Post truly good shit that's not normally talked about.

Attached: f8387855fa8cadfccb422a584e079f00fec37380adba91a47c72a6d06c8fb8ef_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mEoTSKxhB30
store.steampowered.com/app/355240
playism.com/product/neoaquarium
youtube.com/watch?v=IksYXujBEHw
foxeye.squares.net/product/holdover/index.htm
store.steampowered.com/app/865610/Backbone/?snr=1_7_15__13
neostream.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=C_06kjxQJy8
recursed-ice-palace.github.io/static/screenshots/02.png
store.steampowered.com/app/584980/Late_Shift/
store.steampowered.com/app/898650/The_Shapeshifting_Detective/
store.steampowered.com/app/481110/The_Bunker/
store.steampowered.com/app/545540/The_Infectious_Madness_of_Doctor_Dekker/
youtu.be/YkWALMS15EM
youtu.be/1zkmQP9NSpk
youtu.be/SGxURGQoa3w
youtu.be/865yTctjT80
youtu.be/gSoVbwyrxDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's another game that i've never seen talked about on here. It's pretty fun desu.

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 136K)

It makes me kind of sad that IR wasn't well received at launch. Apparently they overhauled the gameplay by the time I got my hands on it, and they did a great job. But people only talk about the shitstains that are Ziggurat and Strafe.

I still want to continue my no-upgrade file at some point, but I don't see how Asyut is possible with starting HP and defense. Assuming I ever make it that far.

Oh, and speaking of being sad, they also talked about multiplayer at one point, but then went off and made a fucking Pokemon clone.

>No upgrade run
That's pure masochism, how is that even possible with inflated HP on enemies? You'd run out of ammo pretty quickly. I can see finishing the first pyramid but that's pretty much it.

>find an interesting looking indie game
>rougelike/lite elements

Attached: 1447617830735.png (640x527, 254K)

Multiplayer would be ass. The fun of the game is going fast and hoarding shit with incremental upgrades.
>Hey bro wanna play?
>Yeah man let me join in where the enemies have 200% more health and damage output while i have 1/4th the upgrades unlocked as you do
The only solution would be scaling and that's terrible.

They're fun if they're done right.

Post more obscure games you fucks. This one is somewhat obscure but still pretty popular, i'm counting it.

Attached: 40ec7f9d120bc38fbedd957212d806ec3c80cb60.jpg (616x353, 42K)

I dont usually play point and click games but I liked Paradigm alot. Its VERY silly though so I can see the Yea Forums hivemind getting upset with it

Attached: 20170428224855_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

Is Environmental Station Alpha still obscure now that everyone has a hard-on for Baba? At a glance it looks like the extra lazy kind of pixelshit, but it's actually one of the better games in the genre.

First pyramid was pretty free. For the other ones, you probably have to hope for some lucky scroll drops and minimal disco balls.

Or you could do what you do in any other MP game and stay around the same level as your friends.

I like IR but I feel like Redneck is the only fun one to play.

Also the scrolls that remove your weapon at random can go fuck themselves. Was fun playing this with twitch mode.

Slipstream's p good

Attached: com.jpg (680x382, 51K)

Attached: indie-boyband.png (1742x594, 211K)

I don't know man i just see so many problems with it
>Slows the pace down, have to wait for friends to enter each room with you
>Shared loot is a bitch
>One fuck is gonna hoard the scrolls
>enemies doing 360s and attacking you as a friend leaves their los
>Inflated bullet sponge enemies to compensate for multiple people
Ect. The list goes on. I would've preferred if they released DLC, more characters, more guns, just more content in general for single player. It's a pretty barebones albeit extremely fun game.

Pretty cool but I don't like the scroll system, some rooms are just annoying where you have to climb to the ceiling to kill some hiding asshole for the doors on the ground level to open and too many enemies just waddle into your face as their attack.

But yeah it's fun.

Streets of Red, Overwhelm and Momodora.

>Redneck is the only fun one to play
I agree but i don't think that has to do with abilities or the classes, at least 2/3rds of the guns range from useless garbage to rage inducing and most of the cast has one good gun and two terrible guns to switch to when you're out of ammo, redneck is the only one with three great starting weapons. I feel like this problem would be solved if their was an upgrade slot that increased reload speed, all reload speed is mostly fucking terrible and it makes some decent guns feel like ass to use.

This problem gets fixed the further you get into the game, the second pyramid is when things get cuuhrazy with better enemies and a more coherent layout.

I’ve been playing Outward, pretty fun once you get a feel for the game and get past the janky beginning. The setting is neat and the magic systems are interesting.

You got me. I only just beat the triangle boss the one and only day I played it. I got a bit nauseous from playing it but maybe it was just something that day. I should get back in the saddle.

redpill me on overwhelm, i love trying cheap indie trite and this looks like garbage that's fun to play.

Seth was really good for the

It kind of makes me angry that Immortal Redneck, Streets of Rogue, and Project Zomboid are actually obscure on Yea Forums.

This board's attitude towards indie games has caused its discussion/understanding of them to be shit.

Attached: suffer.jpg (199x130, 9K)

This, it's really cool, so much things done right.

I nominate Shigatari, from the trailer it looks like a meme game (about samurai), but it's actually pretty decent.

I've been saying this since day one, WHERE ARE THE MOUNTS? I'll come back when i don't have to traverse the same landscape over and over again. Extremely fun though especially with couch coop, such a shame all my friends are casuals and gave up half way through the game because of the jank and clunky combat. It might be one of my favorite rpgs of the decade and blows anything AAA out of the water even with all its faults though.

it's far from garbage i promise you. it's pretty fucking intense, scary even. there are 5 bosses located in set areas that you have to traverse. after defeating a boss, the enemies will change and become more aggressive. you also have limited ammo (refill at boss and hub). you must bring each crystal that drops from the boss back to the main hub until it opens. it's very atmospheric, controls are a little awkward at first. if you like metroid/contra you'll enjoy it. really fun with a friend too.

Ok oh wise indie master what's your favorite obscure indie game?
>inb4 crosscode

Attached: 1528770802208.png (388x354, 212K)

>Staff of Ra
>Hellsing Pistol
>Rocket Launcer
>Clear every room possible without breaking a sweat

Does Unruly Heroes count as obscure? I feel no one cared about it since it released.

Attached: 00-Unruly-TrailerThumbnail-750x400.jpg (750x400, 53K)

FMV are in a good state right now. Visitor 2 also just got released. Piece of shit Sam Barlow just keeps delaying Telling Lies, fucking hack.

Attached: 1565196143287.jpg (460x215, 22K)

Maybe if it wasn't literally an inferior version of Ziggurat, it wouldn't be compared to it.

>obscure

The staff of ra seems like complete garbage imo.
>Trading damage for infinite ammo
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER

Attached: Isaac_DS3.jpg (370x600, 114K)

I like the steamworld games. Not sure if they are obscure enough. The RPG one that came out is great.

I had some success with Neith, provided I could find better weapons to replace her shitty starting weapons, but ultimately the Redneck is the best choice 99% of the time.
Though my longest run of the unlimited tower (was like 25 floors up) was with Sekhmet.

looks like a rayman legends clone but seems interesting. Give me a few sentence review.

Yeah, that’s my biggest complaint too. Also, I wish the lightning bolt rune spell caused impact, tried out full mage but it felt like crap because enemies just charged through it. Imbue Wind + Rage + Focus + Mist Boon and Dreamer Halberd feels leagues better.

Journey to the West co-op beat em up platformer in the graphical style of Rayman Legends.
Co-Op is local only.

>crosscode
>obscure
Please stop.

Anyway, my point wasn't to shit on the recs itt or to seem more knowledgable than anyone, just to whine about Yea Forums's shitty attitude towards indie games. Games that aren't obscure at all are technically obscure to Yea Forums based on the lack of discussion. Yeah, Streets of Rogue is underdiscussed, but that's cuz Yea Forums is shit, not because it's obscure.

I hate this place.

Attached: unexplored.jpg (460x215, 48K)

It's been a really long time since i've played but i don't even see how pure mage is possible singleplayer, my most successful run was with a sword and board spellsword buffing my shit and shooting a projectile if i need too. It surprised my how fucking hard that game was though just because there's no iframes and the fatigue, stun mechanic is janky as hell.

Project Warlock its really that obscure but its pretty good

Attached: ss_4ef8e1fa0cacd1984580efcb6eeb51f1dcc7e2ce.1920x1080.jpg (1755x986, 732K)

This not b slipstream 5000

I tried to like it but I have always hated RPG shit in shooters and the graphics are just butt ugly.

Attached: a3770718436_16.jpg (700x700, 105K)

The only good nostalgia-shooter i played in awhile. All of the others are fucking boring. Yes, DUSK too.

Nex Machina
youtu.be/mEoTSKxhB30

Attached: 0eda082401d6bc6c071db2486b547cddb2ed7eb85e49e648ac3d44c2a6e23c44_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 48K)

Receiver
Defender's Quest
Mark of the Ninja
Expeditions Conquistador
Divine Divinity
Heavy Bullets
Cultist Simulator
Sword of the Stars
The Typing of the Dead Overkill

pretty sure Overkill and Divinity arent indie

>flat enemies
and no, one man doing it is not an excuse

Not obscure.

It's because specific threads for those games don't gain traction and die because most of this board is comprised of bing bing wahoo and movie game players that don't branch out to niche titles. It's a numbers game.

>Overkill
Eh
>Divinity
Because it's not self-published? Then that rules out several games in this thread.

oh this looks fucking amazing. how did it go under my radar? thanks user!

Brigador

I prefer sunless sea/skies to cultist simulator. Spank you very much for reading have a nice day.

I guess the steam version of Divinity is self published but the original is published by cdv Software Entertainment? Not sure what to make of that

Too bad it flopped so hard the devs stopped making games due to disappointment

This. I barely saw anything about it on release and years later when I was searching for a space bounty-hunting game. It's not amazing but it's a neat concept for $20 about taking jobs that always see you flying off and boarding someone's big ship. Jobs vary from assassinations, bounty-hunting or just stealing shit like the ship you've just boarded.
Basically, Hotline Miami in space to simplify it.

It's a roguelike which I'm not very fond of as a genre. But it's definitely got the potential to be built upon further by the developers.
I also really enjoyed the space bounty-hunting game called Expat. It's a game jam game that never really took off as a concept.

Attached: 1 6ic8Bo6vHm_0X_IO_Xct9A.png (1920x1080, 799K)

Any Castle in the Darkness fans here? That's a game I don't think I've seen praised on Yea Forums before. I feel like this is the "metroidvania" you should be playing if you want a little more challenge and tighter balance than the norm.

Well yes, all the way until the days of Steam Greenlight most indie games were sold via a publisher, getting into a store was nearly impossible otherwise. Even today many indie games are picked up by publishers like Devolver.

I liked it, I've seen a few people mention it on Yea Forums before too.

>Nicalis

The staff is really awkward. It's a lot better to tap it or sweep across enemies because of the huge delay between damage ticks.

can they release this on a console? would be sweet on the switch.

Not obscure in the slightest but is there anything out there as simple and fun as shovel knight? I'm late to the party and just picked it up and it's fucking fantastic, really love the specter knight campaign. Is there anything out there similar to this?

Attached: 84e373244f1f3b435b896606021cc86faf782a81.jpg (616x353, 57K)

>Have a fun time running around shooting everything on sight
>Get to the lava pits
Fun game other than that.

Attached: file.png (356x256, 145K)

This looks great senpai i'm grabbing it when i can.

>Hardcore mode
>Very possible to lose the damage race against the tank boss
>Very easy to slip into a lava pit in the last few levels
Anyone who puts themselves through that has bigger balls than I.

I just see no point in using it with its shit rate of fire and low damage, the slow projectile speed doesn't even bother me. i've literally never had an issue with ammo so the staff and the energy fists are dumpster tier to me.

This game seems right up my ally and i know you no life neet faggoids have played every game that has ever existed. How is this in your opinions? I haven't seen it talked about and for $30 it's a decent investment.

woops forgot image

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 106K)

You might be thinking of the Ankh. Ra's Staff is a big fuckoff laser beam.

Not that user but my vote goes to Cloudbuilt

Less obscure but still a big fan of:
Tiny Barbarian DX
Heart&Slash
Flinthook

Attached: super cloudbuilt.png (700x394, 638K)

>tiny barbarian dx
oh this game was so fucking good. i really hope it sold well.

Get boring real quick. I was honestly surprised its not in Early Access

Zombies still spawn in your house randomly with all doors locked?

I haven't played it yet but I'm 100% certain it was shilled here
And I'm not one of those retards who calls everything and everyone a shill, threads calling this game the GOTY and telling people to buy it instantly started appearing the second the game released

How about obscure indie shit that's as much fun as taking a lithium battery acid bath? 20 whole burgers (or around 4 bigmacs for nonamericans) down the fucking drain, no joke i would've rather gone out and bought a 6 pack of heiniken and got some actual mcdonalds rather than waste it on this turd.

Attached: download (77).jpg (297x170, 17K)

They break down your doors while you're awake and while you sleep.

Great taste user. I was turned off at first by the simplistic pixel art and thought it was just gonna be another generic nostalgia cashgrab but it looks fantastic in motion and plays like a dream. They took g&g design approach, kept the difficulty, and did the unthinkable by making it fair. It's longer than I thought too, working out like 4 full retro games. Plus that soundtrack is 10/10

Attached: Tiny-Barbarian-DX.jpg (384x543, 50K)

i just loved the little throwbacks in level design it was a nice added touch. game controlled solidly. great length without overstaying its welcome. stellar soundtrack. it's a literal love letter to nes platformers.

>Super Daryl Deluxe
>Start out with 6 very different moves with individual cooldowns
>Enemies slap your ass if you wait more than .2 seconds between hitting them
I don't even care if it gets better or if I'm bad at it.

Attached: 398961-deathstate-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 121K)

The Messenger gives me similar vibes but I dont think its as overall well crafted nor is it very obscure.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 1 and 2 are both fantastic games.

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 62K)

Attached: ss_e9c77a57c0be0e86416319b22331e48118c84020.1920x1080.jpg (1136x640, 571K)

Seen this mentioned maybe 2 or 3 times on Yea Forums
Also tower of guns is a great fps roguelike

Attached: Tiny and Big Grandpas Leftovers FRONT01.jpg (600x846, 201K)

Non one knew it existed. Maybe they should have worked on that. It was a solid game.

Probably less obscure than most of the other stuff in this thread, I see leaposting once in a while.

Attached: Raskulls_cover.png (220x301, 118K)

Fun coop.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 10K)

>The bishwasher

The dishwisher?

Best game I've gotten in a while.

where my sunless sea bros at?

Attached: maxresdefault (22).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Is it really just a worse Ziggurat? I have been looking into IR and it looks fun, but if it's just a worse Ziggurat I'm probably gonna skip

I haven't played ziggerat but IR is fun as hell. It's only $5 right now user paypig it up. Seriously though the game length is inflated by grinding and half the guns and classes are useless but the movement, vertical mobility and smoothness of the gunplay make it worth it. You go FAST in this game with the right buffs and upgrades.

This game is absolutely shit, user.
It only has good art.

This is a fun metroidvania no one talks about.

Attached: ghost.jpg (460x215, 53K)

I don't really understand what people like about Ziggurat. I blew through to the final boss, died to his AoE spam and uninstalled. And this was after 60 hours of enjoying the inferior game.

immortal redneck is TRASH. the devs deserve to go bankrupt for even releasing this shit

one of the better roguelites

>immortal redneck
reminds me of /pol/

>Project zomboid
nigga its almost 10 years and we still dont have any NPCs why would anyone care

Why do you think it's bad user?

Aztez
Battle Chef Brigade
Aces Wild
Spark The Electric Jester (and from what I've seen its sequel as well)
Way of the Passive Fist
One Finger Death Punch & OFDP2
Ultra Fight Da Kyanta 2

Attached: Aztez warrior of Huemac.png (1278x719, 651K)

Shower with your dad simulator is a more realistic /pol/ game.

>project shitboid
ahaAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHa

There used to be NPCs 7 years ago, they removed them and have been saying "we're working on NPCs right now guys!" decade. These NPCs need to be god tier to make the wait worth it

>One Finger Death Punch
The mobile port justify unwarranted hate toward any mobile game.

Had no clue about a mobile port. Did they manage to fuck up a port of a game with controls designed to be as simple as possible?

Daryl is the fucking best and I wish more people would give it attention.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 74K)

What genre is this? I've seen the art and a trailer or two but I don't know what it actually is.

Beat em up, metroidvania type thingy.
That's part of the fun, its kind of its own thing.

IR was really repetitive by the 75% mark. A shame because the last pyramid is really good.

It's good for a playthrough. I did not care for the finding the sparklies mechanic.

it's objectively shit, not a matter of opinion

Did they just rob the secret of mana 2 tileset lol.

I absolutely cannot recommend this game enough.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (255x123, 13K)

i like mini ghost more

I found CitD through Yea Forums so it's definitely been posted here. Good choice though since it's a good challenge with nice aesthetic.

This, although it's fairly repetitive overall. What kept me going was the upgrade tree, filling it out and experiencing all the little nicknacks and doodads.

Most of the upgrade tree is pretty useless though save for crits/dmg/health. I used the money god (hathor?) for 99% of my runs because the grappling hook is OP.

What a stellar conversationalist

Also agreed, although I did give them all a fair chance.

I played sticks and bones on a whim because some youtuber mentioned it and it actually was kind of fun in a silly/wholesome kind of way.

Extremely short though, not worth the original price at all.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 42K)

2dark is pretty decent if you like isometric stealth horror. The only downside I found was the AI being a bit easy to cheese once you figured out how to distract and backstab them and the fact that you can't 100% nonlethal the game despite it giving you the impression than you can.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 34K)

I don't know if it's obscure but I never see anyone talking about Fight 'n Rage and it's easily one of the best beat em ups I ever played.

Attached: 674520_20171126002255_1-1-1100x660.png (1100x660, 796K)

It's a great game but it's a shame it seems so far going full mass murderer as a gorilla is the most optimal path. i haven't made it to the later stages yet but all the tricky shit you can do just wastes time and nets you less profit and items than just murdering everyone. Save for shapeshifter shenanigans.

the artstyle and theme makes me wonder if the rats do more than beat up the girls

Mass murderings become less effective on higher floors when supercops and supergoons replace their normal variants. The balance isn't perfect, some characters will have a much, MUCH easier time beating the game than others(Doctor is OP as shit), but then again the point is to have fun on the journey to beat the game rather than just beating it, so I can excuse that.

A tower defense game with an emphasis on physics and strategy. While a turret that is placed higher can see farther, it also has a bigger deadzone around its base. Turrets under centripetal force shoot faster, but also have erratic movement patterns because of the aggressive rotation. Turn turrets into sky drones.
Etc. Each level is a series of tracks and you can only take a handful of resources between defense points with you. Very unique, fucking difficult too.

Attached: Untitled.png (324x151, 77K)

>rougelike/lite
>good

Attached: 1453892037622.png (309x249, 16K)

Here. It refused to launch last time I've tried to reinstall it. I blame the sun for this.

>GAME YOU LIKE BAD
>GAME ME LIKE GOOD
Care to offer a coherent argument?

the port feel slow and braindead

does death skid marks qualify?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Attached: exod.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

I love it but i understand that its very slippy and that the control scheme is kinda retard. You only have one button for all the combats which is kinda dumb when you consider how much combat the game has.

Attached: they bleed pixels.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

I played a fair bit of Immortal Redneck on Switch, man it was a lot of fun when it worked but I really feel like it should have dropped the roguelite elements and had a proper level layout. Some of the individual rooms are really well designed but because of the randomly generated floor maps it never really gels together and the leveling mechanic can get very grindy very quickly, especially if you got lucky early on and ended up getting farther than you should be at your current level.
Side note, despite some minor performance dips the Switch version feels amazing. There's this slight rumble when you jump, a proper amount of rumble feedback is given for each weapon, the gyro aiming is spot on and make it a billion times better than just trying to play with sticks. The game just being fun to play is what kept me going for most of it.

>Console fps
>Switch
>Gyro controls
How can you have such low standards? The game is 100% at its best when you actually have proper control over your character.

>unironically seething that I played the game on Switch and enjoyed it
Yikes
Also fuck off gyro's second only to a mouse for shooters

>Project Zomboid
>obscure
Son we were all here when they lost half the game because the game code was all on a laptop when it was stolen.

This game surprised me with how good it gets, even if the start is slow. Over the course of the game it changes from a walking sim to a logic/platform puzzler and you keep finding yourself in increasingly wacky situations. Lots of memorable moments, optional content, and worldbuilding. Plus it has 20+ hours of gameplay which is great for a first person indie exploration game. Highly recommend if you like urban exploration or are looking for something in the same vane as Myst.

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Your post is really shilly, but honestly, I like the sound of it, so I'll let it slide. :^)

>$30
Nvm, too rich for my blood.

FORGET ALL THAT PRETENTIOUS INDIE SHIT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE GREATEST INDIE GAME YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU NEEDED.

NEO AQUARIAM - THE KING OF CRUSTACEANS

IMAGINE CRABS. THAT BATTLE. WITH LASERS AND MISSILES AND BEAMS. WHILE STILL BEING CRABS. IN A 3D BATTLE SHOOTING ARENA. YOU EVER WANTED TO PLAY VIRTUAL ON OR GUNDAM VS OR ARMORED CORE AS CRABS? NO? WELL THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAGGOT AND YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY THIS GAME BUT FOR THE REST OF YOU THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT.

store.steampowered.com/app/355240
playism.com/product/neoaquarium

EXTREME. CRAB. BATTLAN.

Attached: supreme victory.jpg (934x776, 47K)

Wherrre, my, lasers at
All the peoples tried to tell me where my lasers at
And your mother tried to show me all the laser crabs
Then I got a bunch of types, a bunch of laser dabs

Attached: lasercrabs.png (546x394, 92K)

is this basically just ace of seafood with crabs?

Played the first one. It was good.

On that note

Attached: 6d542eca1225bc274efbf7ad6e45222250e0da4f.jpg (616x353, 29K)

198X, a story based game about a kid who grows up and discovers an arcade. The levels are all arcade game themed, and the story is pretty good. This is coming out in episodes, but I like it enough to wait for them.

Attached: 198X.jpg (650x366, 40K)

I got it on sale, i was actually sad when it ended, it was comfy

2 got boring really quick for some reason, maybe i was just burned out of 1

Is this game any good? I've heard good things about it

Attached: 1ba9aa423cd73913812a1ce0f603eea2_original.png (1552x873, 1.22M)

MORE OR LESS I BELIEVE ACE OF SEAFOOD MAY BE THE EXPANDED NON-CRUSTACEAN LIMITED SEQUEL

Yeah i saw this game and thought about buying it. Looks fun asf.

I own half the pixel shit that could run on a calculator and i got constant slow down and frame drops on the switch. It's a comfy but sheit console. The joycons are ass and the pro controller should be standard with at least one set to go handheld. It's fun laying in bed playing a nice indie game but for intense run and gunning a good console it does not make.

>inferior version of Ziggurat
You can't even fucking run and strafe at the same time in Ziggurat, the level design is completely horizontal, the ammo system is retarded and all the weapons suck dick.
Immortal Redneck has actual guns, classes that aren't the exact same thing, an actual upgrade system and good movement mechanics.
I played Ziggurat again after beating Immortal Redneck and it doesn't hold up, it feels like a flash game in comparison.

Skydrift
Super Panda Adventures
ONIKEN
UNLOVED
They Bleed Pixels

Trust me fren, just play them.

Attached: 1548915135222.jpg (1106x1200, 137K)

You guys need to play this.

Attached: bcb.jpg (1600x800, 383K)

Pixel Piracy is a game I've never seen mentioned. It's got random generation and stuff. Pretty fun.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>They Bleed Pixels
Why did they map every move to a single button?

>anime garbage
I sleep

I bought that game during the last steam sale. It feels pointless. Even more so than other games of it's type. Like compared to say Kenshi, there's never a real feeling of getting better in PZ. You either live long enough to get bored of grinding for skills you don't need, or you die to a zombie that spawns in a bullshit manner or fucking shoulder peeks you with a scratch from around a corner in a house

I have that in my steam library somehow and the stupid name makes me cringe every time I see it. What kind of game is it?

Not that guy but listen
Normally I'd agree with you, but Battle Chef is legit. Its good.

Wasn't that a scam? I'm pretty sure the developers abandoned it or something, or there was some drama?

You not only move fast, but smooth as well. It's so smooth that the movement doesn't suffer much at all when I play on switch. It is a shame that some of the weapons just flat out suck though.

>911 operator, simple yet deep and immersive. Great value for the price.

Attached: 911Operation_Screenshot_04.jpg (1280x720, 455K)

Momodora sucks. Its just waifubait, but if you have an undying itch for platformers then its good

>don't know if this counts or not but...

Return of the Obra Dinn

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 104K)

I tried playing this game a while ago and its very very buggy

This is a pretty good real time strategy rpg, reminds me of syndicate

Attached: okvideogame.jpg (460x215, 47K)

I cant play this game it always hurts my eyes everytime i move

Are there any indie games that arent:
>pixel shite
>rogue like
>platformer
>turn based
>isometric view
I feel like thats literally every indie game and they all feel exactly the same and none of them are innovative in anyway.

Plenty of people round these parts know it so no, it doesn't count.
Good taste tho.
You didn't struggle with the Chinese topmen, right?

Fantastic beat-em-up with surprisingly funny writing
youtube.com/watch?v=IksYXujBEHw

Attached: Super Daryl Deluxe.png (1552x873, 1.1M)

It sucks. I had no fucking clue what I was supposed to be doing or why I should care. Just a boring game all around.

Hard Reset

Probably abandoned, but what's there is fun. You have to kill some pirate captains to become the best pirate and all that is in the game.

The god that gives you SPEED and jumps is the most fun and useful in my opinion, having a lot of mobility makes the game 10 times easier

>ruling a game out because it uses pixelart
Kill yourself

I found that game incredibly tedious. Everything felt like an insane bullet sponge as I walked in circles shooting forever. Also robots are shitty targets if you can't dismember them.

foxeye.squares.net/product/holdover/index.htm

pretty ok game.

You at least gonna tell us what it is?

Cyberkrime Ultraforce.

Attached: ZMRG2_.png (1920x1080, 158K)

What a terrible post.

Any of you fuckers got a spare Streets of Rogue? I'll trade ya Phoenix Point ultimate edition for it

Sunless Sea/Skies are both pretty good although i much prefer the neath compared to the high wilderness. Shame the gameplay in SSea is really dull.

>Pixelart

Attached: 80e543c0cc5f4f04d6fd27ceab0d814d.jpg (900x588, 82K)

OneShot
Very short, about 5 hours if you know what your doing however it is a great game that I can highly reccomend to anyone.

Attached: MzBki7fu_400x400.jpg (256x256, 13K)

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 318K)

Dishwasher dead samurai.

Creator was a dishwasher at a restaurant when making this game.

Hack n slash coop with random heavy metal rythem games thrown in.

Fun stuff, he went on to make salt and sanctuary

Game is the title.
Short levels to run through, easy to complete a section in 15mins.
Plays like an xcom game, lots of strategy behind every move and things you can do.

Attached: 048eb8db695004e60676adfb7f97955ee5a650bc.jpg (616x353, 32K)

The series is legitimately one of the best RPGs of the generation. You'd probably recognize it, but it's rarely discussed here.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 179K)

i like caveblazers

Do I have to play the first 4 to understand things?

Attached: cool shit.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

Backbone is't out yet but look at what they have so far in this point in click
store.steampowered.com/app/865610/Backbone/?snr=1_7_15__13

Attached: 6donovan.png (1680x945, 1.58M)

I have a bad feeling about this.

Add the main character from Fez

HE WHO CONSORTS

It's a pretty competent Syndicate clone which is great since we are never getting an actual Syndicate game. Thanks EA.
I just wish you didn't need to read a book to really know what's going on in the story.
>I'm a retard who needs hand holding
>Therefore the game is bad

Idk if I just missed all discussion on them, but Outer Wilds is probably the best exploration-based game I've played, ever. Not a perfect game at all but 90% of the game is just fucking stellar.

CrossCode is also a game that I think deserves more recognition. Absolutely full of soul. .

I've always dismissed this game because of the horribly cheap flash game look.

5 is sort of a soft reboot of the series so not really. They're free flash games if you do want to play them though.

Crosscode feels like a failed nexon mmo i hate it

How far in did you get?
I enjoy the combat a lot, but most of all I think the dungeons are comfy as fuck.
Comparing it to an MMO seems thematically appropriate, but I am still surprised to see the comparison.

Give me some cold hard advice for immortal redneck, i can't get past the second pyramid. What do?

I'll admit I'm probably biased against such games. If I'm honest I probably am prejudiced against such games that I might overlook an otherwise great game because of that gameplay mechanic. Can you recommend a great one that might change my attitude toward the genre?

Aim better and get hit less.

Attached: 1548889740053.jpg (235x214, 7K)

Seconded.

This entire game can be described with three words:

Being God sucks.

Seriously though, the feels are *intense* and the atmosphere conveys a sense of dense hopelessness with a single flicker of light that I've never seen any other game pull off this well.

God damn that pixel art is gorgeous. I still don't understand furries but some of the games they make are fucking fantastic. Dust: An Elysian Tail, for example.

Attached: 1565203767497.jpg (180x217, 9K)

>Prey moon crash
>Immortal redneck
>Nuclear throne (feels more like an arcade game and not really a rougelike and has some tight hitboxes)
>Slay the spire (might be my favorite)
>sunless sea
>Risk of rain 2
There's probably more that i can't think of but there's a little something for everyone out there when it comes to this saturated genre.

I fucking hated it, just made me cringe

A short puzzle game with interesting mechanics and environment, you will complete in less than two hours.

Does anyone remember the game I'm thinking of?

Iirc it was advertised just before/during the PS4 launch. It had kind of a blocky artstyle but nice graphics, the texture of things reminded me of The Tomorrow Children. The trailer showed a boatride, a sledride through snowy mountains, a desert. I think the name of the game was something like Little Demons or Demon Hunters or something like that. Haven't seen anything about it since then but I really liked the style of it. Anyone remember what I'm on about?

baba, rainworld, hollow knight and ???

I love these, streets of rogue is pretty much the only thing that's kept me from blowing my brains out for a while now.

Oh, neat. Anything like Outer Wilds?

Spend a little time figuring out the secrets. A given room layout always has the same ones, and a fair number of rooms have them. Also try to recognize which rooms might not be worth clearing before you step into the door. Always try to have a hitscan weapon if possible.

that a easy one

Attached: giana sisters.jpg (580x580, 78K)

flame in the flood?

>You didn't struggle with the Chinese topmen, right?
Not him, but >tfw I just fucking brute-forced them. I got the other clues from the hammocks, but when some sailors were covered I just assumed the game didn't want to make things too easy for me. And in that assumption the game outwitted me and I shall never forget my shame.

God I practically love everything about this game.

Attached: 1548034107509.jpg (1351x1083, 310K)

>spoiler
user...
It's alright. I figured it out by pure luck because I thought "This guy has some nice shoes and this is an affluent name."

Similar graphics and artstyle to what I remember from the trailer, but that's not it I'm afraid.

I just like this chill game even when its rather simple

Attached: logo_and_text.png (1663x872, 372K)

Fuck I can't believe I forgot about Mercenary Kings this whole time. It seems to get a lot of hate for looking like Metal Slug and not being a direct clone. It has a little grinding, but it's for the sake of putting together gun parts to make all kinds of fun abominations that would make /k/ cry.

well fuck, google images is really good

That's some galaxy brain shit right there.
The funny thing about Obra Dinn is that it's another game that Matthewmatosis and Joseph Anderson have both done videos on, where Matt just fucking proves again that he's the best at what he does.

Nightmare Reaper.

It kind of makes me angry that you weren't around for all the old project zomboid threads and talking like you get to have an opinion on Yea Forums newfren

Never understood the appeal of this game.
Bought years and years ago hoping it would become something and people this days are still buying this useless piece of crap full of nothing.

Paint The Town Red

I never understood why the game never sold well, a true gem.

Hoh fuck I found it! Little Devil Inside!
neostream.com/
Still not fucking out but at least it's being worked on!
>Turns out it's some survival game
Fuck me I thought it was about going around with a professor capturing cool mythological beasts.

The shrouded isle has been a favorite of mine as of late

Basically it’s a cult leader simulator. There’s a god you worship who requires sacrifices each season, you have to balance keeping the people in line with the teachings, and play politics with the higher ups of the cult.

It’s good in that I’ve put some hours into and never felt like I could completely control the game.

Attached: 8F0D706E-B8C3-4CBE-B553-DDF652437FB0.jpg (1920x1080, 511K)

Did you see that the Third game was announced

>pic related
best buck I ever spent

I've always been vaguely interested in this but it doesn't look like it has much content.

Attached: wuppo.jpg (460x215, 44K)

>best buck I ever spent
I bought it full price when it came out and agree. Boss Rush was fun as hell too.

Takkoman is fucking fun.

Attached: TAKKOMAN.jpg (422x600, 114K)

While roguelikes or roguelites can be fun games that offer something you can pick up and play for a short amount of time easily, they ultimately exist as nothing more than that and are a bit of a videogame "snackfood" if you will. The content they provide is good at creating unexpected emergent scenarios but they are less carefully crafted by the creator to be specially good. Less care was put into it and it often times shows. The gameplay in RL games can quickly feel pretty shallow once you see the gameplay loop and realize you've already done everything youre gonna do in the game besides having bigger numbers to get faster run times. It is a fun but ultimately unsatisfying experience 90% of the time.

Didn't care for it. The "cut what you can in whatever direction" was a neat mechanic, but the collectables were too referential and the levels were so empty with boring traversal.

Your picture is retarded. Bees DO make circles but gravity turns them into hexagons. Fuck ur personifications

One of the few mostly unknown dark souls inspired metroidvanias i enjoyed, shame the dev went dark a year ago after he posted that one of his family members got cancer, i hope he's alright

Attached: capsule_616x353[1].jpg (616x353, 34K)

nice opinion

Rock of Ages is fucking great.
I'll shill it like it's Israeli exports.
Play the first one, then play the second one. Goes on sale often, physics based racing game where you play as a boulder with tower defense elements. Fuck.

Attached: ss_ee274456243147b187c4ed9f3a55cd60e792aa80.jpg (1000x562, 830K)

Attached: white_chamber.png (350x350, 174K)

Eh, I gave it a solid go but it turned into a chore, quick. Bout the time it started throwing spider-sluts at you I figured it was going to be more of a Death's Gambit than a Salt n Sanctuary. I don't need any more Death's Gambit in my life.

I liked the look but it seems heavily multiplayer-based. I don't have any friends, that's why I play indie games.

Attached: 34677F15-4A5E-4249-B1A2-E268EC7A3693.png (708x398, 335K)

This game was never obscure. It was well known and everyone put it down 6-7 years ago because it was clear it would never be what they said.

Boundless. Probably the strangest case of "why the fuck isn't this more popular??" I've ever seen. The game is great, and with the big Minecraft boom that's going on right now I'm hoping it gains some more players.

Attached: boundless.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

Depends on how obscure you think their games are but literally everything Ludosity created

Ittle Dew 1&2
Card City Night 1&2
Princess Remedy 1&2
Slap city
Psycard
Iji (not the studio but one guy)
Muri
even their shitty flash games like Gnome carnage, Hyper princess pitch, mama&son, bunibon and hero

They've managed to create a great universe full of easter eggs and references to older games, i had a week earlier this year where i did nothing but play through their entire catalogue and i wasn't dissapointed by a single game it's amazing

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x640, 138K)

Death road to Canada was alright. I enjoyed the funny whips when bad stuff happens, or my character telling my wife's character to shut up when looking for directions.
Also, No thing, might be some cheap shit, but some damn good music and a level of creep that keeps me invested. Simplest office clerk.

Attached: 1562815006900m.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME CALLED LISA. IS LIKE UNDERTALE BUT MORE DARK

Attached: 06284EA0-5283-47BD-B867-0247636EC8B0.jpg (720x1089, 62K)

i hated death's gambit but i see what you mean. i dropped the game 2 times before i actually went and finished it, it has simplicity in its gameplay loop and i really enjoyed it for that

My Dude. I'm usually the one posting this.

Attached: Culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Play better games.

Be older to experience arcades.

that actually looks fun if it wasn't procedurally generated roguelite trash

the title the font and the art are already a huge turn offf
no wonder its obscure

During the Steam Summer sale I was asking in a thread here if I should buy this one game that I can't remember the name of, but it was a similar concept to Immortal Redneck, but in space. Some user told me that it was unfinished crap, and that if I wanted a better game with a similar concept that I would enjoy Immortal Redneck. Not only did I end up loving it, but it was half the price of the game I had been looking at. I ended up buying IR, and Enter the Gungeon, and have gotten a ton of play out of both.
Got this one real early in it's alpha days, and enjoy it well enough. I'll pick it up again every now and again. It's gotten a decent amount of content updates.

Attached: Robocop guns guns guns.png (639x358, 328K)

If most people are like me they immediately skip a game the second they see "MMO" in the description.

This is the game I couldn't remember when I made this post.

i don’t get it why isn’t that famous, a hack and slash roguelike is a kino idea. And the OST is godlike. Need a little more of polish with the roguelike part but still, pretty good. A shame that I could never get the good ending

One of my favourite indie games. Not too long, good price, custom maps, looks and sounds great, somewhat unique gameplay, controls fluidly. Everything is just top notch imo

Attached: gunpoint.jpg (460x215, 21K)

I would've never expected evoland 2 to be anything but a lolsorandum reference game but what i got was 28 hours of great action rpg with well done minigames between the exploring, nevermind that the story is actually an engaging time travel one.
timetravel stories are always shit full of plotholes but i didn't mind this one
also has a really fucking sad end

Attached: 650_1000_evoland2[1].jpg (650x346, 48K)

I mever knew they did stuff before Slap City, will chexk them out.

Because Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons put people off the idea.

I played this for a few weeks back last year. It was actually pretty fun. I like that the devs actually add content to the game every month or so instead of every 2 years like the MC devs.

playing it now. Big nostalgia trip and it's not frustratingly hard either. Really pretty nice romp if you haven't played a platformer in awhile

Zeroranger might be the best shmup that came out on steam right after CCWI

Attached: 1534468305242.jpg (460x215, 22K)

That game was fucking terrible though. It controls like absolute shit compared to Quake or any other decent FPS and the roguelite elements just amount to enforced grinding instead of encouraging you to get any better at the game.

you are correct for thinking so, Cultist Simulator is hard confirmation that Alexis Kennedy hates video games and wants everyone else to as well.

If you're looking for a pretty tough puzzle game focused more on "bullshit whatever solution you can make work" as opposed to "figure out the one answer we've made possible," Opus Magnum is fucking fantastic. It's probably the most approachable of the various Zachtronics games.

Ha, I just re-downloaded this on a whim like a week ago. Seconding.

Attached: a5d0a4451be97698f217ae9108b5b4f67a2f9c94_2_638x500.gif (638x500, 857K)

>zach
>obscure
recursed is a fantastic puzzle game none of you faggots heard about

Attached: ss_dca5433d81db2ba254cdbf43f89b9fb772407dc8.1920x1080[1].jpg_t=1529845600.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

I counter with the Moonstone Equation.

Attached: Untitled.png (1227x690, 761K)

It's not like sunless shit is better.

>please waste hours of your time to read a page of weak China Mieville ripoff

ugly ass artstyle

yes, Sunless Sea also has the same problem, you're right.

looks promising, I'll check it out

>indie game
>procedural generation
>roguelite/like

Let's stop with this.

Correct.
It's still baffling that they didn't got the Dishwasher route and just give them all overcast eyes instead of KAWAII peepers, it looks much better with their... artistic inadequacies.

Still excellent games though.

Aw yeah, lay down some fat beatsies
youtube.com/watch?v=C_06kjxQJy8

It's actually supposed to be on a sale today, but the developer forgot to actually process it with Steam.
Also thanks for the suggestion, Recursed looks nice.

The thing about Paradigm is that it embraces its absurdity and tapes it all together.
The one I (and plenty of other people) hate is nonsensical absurdity for the sake of being weird and wacky.

A good FPS roguelite does not exist. pls prove me wrong like OP, Ziggurat and Strafe failed to

Battle Brothers is really good. Very similar to X-Com, Darkest Dungeon, and that Mordheim COTD

Attached: Keyvisualnew.jpg (670x377, 54K)

There's only 4 that I know of and they're all kinda meh.
>Immortal Redneck
>Ziggurat
>Tower of Guns
>Mothergunship

Yeah, I had to redownload this and give it a spin to make sure.
Is absolutely right.
Not only is her right the game also has random shit that can completely fuck you like the random scrolls that most of the time are debuffs.
Haha guess this run is over since double jumping or jumping after falling off something hurts me now!

>Not a single "lol indies" post
Am I...still in Yea Forums?

the whole owl dlc was overwhelming not bad but not good either
also the whole hard and extra hard difficulties are sadistics

I'll throw in for ziggurat and tower of guns being good.
Immortal redneck does a lot right but then fucks over the player with random run ending debuffs and enforced grind.
Never tried mothergunship but it looks cool.

This is more of a question, but how is Bastard Bonds? I thought of getting it a while back because I heard some anons a few years ago say it was pretty good, but I don't know if it ever got better or worse.

>Recursed looks nice
it's my no.1 puzzle game and I've played a lot of puzzle games

and I just discovered this: recursed-ice-palace.github.io/static/screenshots/02.png so fuck yeah

Attached: 0[1].jpg (480x360, 42K)

Try Streets of Rogue. The levels are sort of chosen from a pool instead of purely generated (though you can make it more random with mutators), every problem you encounter typically has several solutions, the game is pretty fair by itself so if you play wise you won't rage at RNG. Oh, and aforementioned mutators allow you to tinker with general settings if you think the game's too easy or too hard.

There is a lot of silly humor too!

Synthetik is amazing but nobody ever mentions it except me. Only isometric shooter I've played that actually has satisfying gunplay, yet throne and Gungeon are talked about more here.
I blame the devs for not advertising and players for being casuals that can't handle the manual reload system. The game is as smooth as butter with a bit of practice.

it sucks though

wrong link, I mean the massive community DLC that dropped in march

that's what happens when AAA games are trash

damn this game looks like it oozes soul

I got memed into buying that game and I refunded it an hour later

Beat it. Great artstyle, fun guns and gameplay, repetitive as fuck. Get it on sale

>Never tried mothergunship but it looks cool
Same dev as Tower of Guns.
Gets some stuff right and some stuff wrong.
>You get to build your own guns to run through levels and murder shit
>You can make some sweet ass guns, gotta balance energy cost and firepower though or you'll burn it out instantly and be left defenseless until it refills
>Has the same stupid ass gimmick as Tower of Guns where secrets are just sitting behind invisible walls (which is more or less the only way they can do secrets in a game set up this way, but still)
>Gets really repetitive after a while once you've got gun bases you like (you only get to bring in a fixed amount of weapon parts into each mission and gotta build them up over the course of the mission)
Nice. If you want another puzzle adventure game suggestion, pic related.

Attached: Untitled.png (324x151, 90K)

>Early Access Game
>Release Date: 8 Nov, 2013

??????

There were tons of threads for this and Fallen London back when it was released. Haven't seen much talk about Sunless Skies for some reason.

It is the gamiest game I've been waiting for from the droves of pretentious indie shovelware. It is absolutely stupid fun.

Steam records release dates in 2 stages for EA games.
It records the original date the game became available in EA. Then when the game releases, it's replaced with the date that it officially released.

They have single player campaigns.

I have this from Twitch Prime, why should I play it?

The japanese game School Wars. Its plays like chess but you control delinquents. I remember playing it 10 years ago because of a guy on Yea Forums can't stop bitching about it.

Skies wasn't quite as good writing-wise, and it didn't have as much open-to-interpretation lore as Seas. Also less memes like ESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHES

>Added 4 or 5 new games to my Steam wishlist and general todo list
Thanks Yea Forums.

My Nigga

Slap City is an actual cross over game

Attached: file.png (384x512, 384K)

Can't wait to stare at my wishlist come christmas sale and try to remember what the fuck those games even are.

Since I started curtailing my Steam wishlist, I haven't had that problem.

>curtailing my Steam wishlist
nah

they should've just given everyone edgy hoods to hide their faces or some shit
and the game wood instantly look twice as good (half as bad?)
still fun though

Attached: Nova Drift - construct 2.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

holy shit dude, recursed looks excellent

sattelite reign advertises coop but it kind of sucks for that. it's clear that the game was designed as a single player only game and they kinda just added coop support later. often 1 class will be doing something useful and the rest just need to do literallynothing or afk while autoattacking, which is fine when you're 1 guy microing all of them but very bad design if you're trying to play with friends

N++
BallisticNG
Synthetik
Brigador
Unloved

Teleglitch

>check game out on steam
>conveniently on sale as thread is made about it
>pick it up anyway
>stat upgrades that persist across runs
is this shit just gonna be artifical difficulty?

I thought Brigador was just a fancy twinstick shooter, why is it any good?

first and probably only game i bought on early-access as a gamble since i liked the gameplay of it but i was super wary at first

Attached: 1478820736404.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

It essentially is. But I enjoy twinstick shooters so I find it quite enjoyable.

It's honestly pretty good as far as roguelites go. I eventually got pissed off at the stupid deaths I had (fuck the plane and disco floor in particular), even though I know you're not supposed to go very far past the final boss.

Same. It's weird how many people actually talked about games and made them sound appealing in this thread.

snakebird

just play doom and use OBLIGE to generate random maps

What?

No, fuck off. Snakebird was ass and isn't the same genre as those. There's 3 types of Puzzle games.
>Match-3 and similar Puzzle games where you get grids of shit and you just gotta match shit to progress
>Full Puzzle games like Snakebird or Baba is You where you have a series of levels to complete, possibly with branching overworld between levels, but it's still just a series of fixed levels with fixed solutions
>Puzzle Adventure games, which come in 2 sub-genres, Myst-likes with lots of different puzzles, and then stuff like the Witness with lots of the same puzzle over and over with permutations
Those 3 posts are Puzzle Adventures.

recursed is not a puzzle adventure user
you solve one level at a time and go back to the level/world select menu, just like baba

Ah. Then just the other 2. I'm kinda tired.

LOOK.
i know its chinese.
but i thought it was fun.

Attached: Icey.jpg (1600x800, 269K)

looks good I've been trying to get my crime loving parents into vidya

anything else like this?

I recommend Blazing Chrome if you love games like Contra 3 and Metal Slug. It also has one of the best original soundtracks ive heard all year.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 153K)

the guy who made this has a GDC talk about making the perfect jump

I played the first game and it was nothing special except for the jumping which was FUCKING TIGHT

best jumping ever, his presentation should be forcefed to every indie dev 10 times over

Even if an indie developer makes a game where you don't jump?

looks cool

When it comes to Contra-inspired indie games, there's also pic related. It's from the guy who made the Gunman Clive games (which are more of a Mega Man/Contra hybrid thing with a bit of DKC). It plays like Contra but it's more of a boss battle gauntlet game in the vein of Shadow of the Colossus where each one is a multi-stage boss fight where you have to pick apart their armor or parts to get at their core(s). Music is very inspired by older mecha anime orchestrated soundtracks as well.

Attached: mechstermination-force-cover.cover_large[1].jpg (600x600, 88K)

store.steampowered.com/app/584980/Late_Shift/
store.steampowered.com/app/898650/The_Shapeshifting_Detective/
store.steampowered.com/app/481110/The_Bunker/
store.steampowered.com/app/545540/The_Infectious_Madness_of_Doctor_Dekker/

yes, to drill the importance of satisfying controls into their brains

Very obscure indie done by one guy. Is basically Mass effect X Freelancer X XCOM but unfinished. The level design lacks a lot of variety and there is no cover system. I hope he changes that in the future because the game has a lot of potential.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

haven't got around to playing it yet, but the concept is really neat

Attached: 88_heroes_unity_cover.jpg (740x416, 107K)

Started playing this yesterday because it's on XGPU. Lea and Emilie are VERY cute.

That shit ain't obscure, fagtron.

Delver

fun little pixelly 3D roguelite/like

lots of loot to grab and comfy environments

Attached: 1538683629053.jpg (1280x1024, 102K)

I'm gonna post a few, I'm bad at describing things so please excuse me.

If you are a fan of roguelites, do yourself a favor and buy this game right now. It's a tactical top down shooter with some god tier gunplay. It has tons of classes and you can also customize any run's difficulty to your liking. It's pretty great. You can play with buddies too.

Attached: 54218_SYNTHETIK.jpg (460x215, 47K)

God's Trigger
youtu.be/YkWALMS15EM
It's basically co-op Hotline Miami with customizable skills and abilities. Great level variety and fair challenge. You can play solo, but you have to switch between the two characters.

Attached: God's Trigger_20190423191721.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

>First game makes you a masterchef in a restaurant
>Second game is the same but you can take contract work and customize the interior of your restaurant
>Thrid game will be about you driving your restaurant with two robots in postapocalyptic USA

That's a bit of a shift. CSD 3 look so stupid yet so genius

Another roguelite, but this time it's a shmup. It takes the best elements from other games in the genre such as EtG and BoI.
It's easy to pick up, it's fast paced, and has some great tunes.

youtu.be/1zkmQP9NSpk
youtu.be/SGxURGQoa3w
youtu.be/865yTctjT80

Attached: monlith.jpg (500x722, 50K)

This is pretty much Kerbal Space Program with guns.
Ok, that's not entirely true.

However if you wish to experience the most realistic simulation of outer space combat, look no further than pic related.
youtu.be/gSoVbwyrxDk

Attached: childrne.jpg (616x353, 89K)

>6 hour late reply
Whatever, thread's still alive. Like I said, it's closer to Myst than Outer Wilds. Instead of flying around space and figuring out the grand scheme of things, you progress through a linear story and figure out progression stopping puzzles to move further on. It isn't like Outer Wilds but I did fucking love that game, and I also fucking loved this game. So maybe you're of the same ilk, I dunno.

Never got the point of this game. It's just way more plain and simple heat signature, which isnt exactly complex itself.

And now for something far more casual
This is a first person puzzle game in which you go around this resort-like area befriending the locals and doing their errands.

It's short but also really charming. If you are into quirky characters and overall nonsensical scenarios, give it a try.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 49K)

>gravity
(((gravity)))

this rpg is seriously underrated

Attached: Moon.png (220x215, 93K)

cannot believe the devs behind crisis survival Z dropped the development because of project zomboid, ar least Crisis suvival Z was actually fun to play

Attached: Survival Crisis Z.jpg (512x384, 30K)

>Detective
>Mystery
>Story-Rich

S P E W

Nothing like syndicate and an absolute bore. A kind user gifted it to me which was lucky because I only put a whole couple hours into.

Don't eve try to compare it to syndicate.

Hold up, it's a metroodvania, well fuck the idiot that wrote this games discription. I thought it was a standard beat e'm up?

Update when?
Anyone else remember when the zomboid team held a fundraiser for someone only for it turn out to be for their sex reassignment surgery?

Attached: D84q9h6XkAEKjq4.jpg (953x907, 44K)

It was also being developed for at least 2 years prior to that and they were selling it on their website

Zeroranger is good but since hellsinker is on steam now it can't hold that title.

Attached: hellsinker.png (640x480, 120K)

>Tfw wake up and find this before breakfast
Cool!
Sounds like it's just up my alley, thanks for the rec!

This is the only game that has ever reminded me of the 2000's Sid Meier's Pirates! Live the Life and I desperately wish it was more popular

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 61K)