Persona 5

What have they done to Johanna!?

Attached: Persona-5-Royal-Scans-04109.jpg (2334x1453, 872K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5Wuqy85FoU
youtube.com/watch?v=1qJ0SYReCYk
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI
siliconera.com/2019/08/07/morgana-wont-ask-you-to-call-it-a-day-and-get-some-sleep-as-often-in-persona-5-royal/
nationalgeographic.com/archaeology-and-history/magazine/2019/01-02/origins-of-england-folk-lore-robin-hood/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishikawa_Goemon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Joan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least Haru's persona doesn't look that bad.

Attached: Persona-5-Royal-Scans-04110.jpg (2334x1453, 845K)

almost all of the new personas look like absolute shit

Here's some Akechi and more blatant spoilers about the 3rd semester.

Attached: Persona-5-Royal-Scans-04111.jpg (2334x1453, 907K)

Not better than the original, but pretty good. Best girl has best persona.

Attached: aa186dde604600096334d15c6b07dcb5.png (1920x1080, 211K)

Johanna has become a dick wagon

And here's Pinocchio.

Attached: Persona-5-Royal-Scans-04112.jpg (2334x1453, 938K)

>looks like a train
This just further fuels the autistic Makoto meme.

I disagree.

>taking bath with goro

yikes

>1st evolution looks completely different to the original form
>2nd evolution looks like the original but more silly

Attached: 1519698987634.gif (480x360, 352K)

who? Is this another new party member? jesus this looks like hot garbage.

Not a party member, more like some kid that manages a new mechanic for Mementos.

I'll miss them

Attached: 1495730435311.jpg (858x1200, 845K)

I want to fuck Futaba and her hot mom

Morgana always poses invitingly in these promos. Cute little cat ass >3

Why is Futaba's mother alive?! I thought she was taken care of years ago, the plan was carried out and everything.

She's the Catmobile now.

As I said, blatant spoilers. Third semester goes all fucky with reality manipulation shenanigans that cause party members to live their ideal lives for some reason. It's also why Morgana is a human and Haru's dad is alive somehow.

Did Haru get more story or is she still rushed?

The same reason Makoto and Haru's dad's are alove

I like both of their new Personas. Then again I actually like all of the new ones. Anne and Yusuke have ones I think are pretty neat

This is looking to be set in another reality/parellel universe more and more by the day.
I wonder what will be the explanation for that, and how it will tie into 5's already released spin offs.

>Remember that technical damage was a thing while looking at the scans
Be honest did anyone ever bother to use nuclear and psi for technical damage?

No, not because I didn’t want to. But because the chances were so minuscule it was nigh impossible, when including resistances.

yep, i'm thinking philly and nyarly are back.

Attached: SMT2Nyarlathotep.jpg (876x1412, 79K)

>She gets a batmobile now.
Best party member.
Futabafags continue to be autism spectrum pedophiles who feel like they relate to her """quirky""" gaymer girl git gud baby's first internet troll bullshit.

Attached: Makoto 24.jpg (826x1142, 388K)

Prefer her sister but looks like she’s going to be nonexistent this game.

Looks like one of those generic french "woman in disguise" things from movies like Casblanca. Futaba's is fucking garbage, I'd rather Prometheus than that shit.

>Looks like one of those generic french "woman in disguise" things from movies like Casblanca.
Haru's Persona is based off a character from the Three Musketeers, it's not exactly shocking she looks French

Makoto's sister simply existing, as well as Takemi Tae as a whole, is why I only called Makoto best 'party member', not best girl. Good taste. Sucks that Sae will never be a romantic option, but it is what it is.

Attached: Sae 1.jpg (864x1200, 351K)

>Sucks that Sae will never be a romantic option
I dunno, I think that the Valentine's OVA hints that it might be a possibility in P5R

That's... specifically why I said French and not just European.

>akechi redemption arc

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Non Non Biyori Repeat - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.32_[2015.09.02_02.54.24].jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I like her Batmobile

What's why you specifically said French? And if you knew this then why even point it out?
You explaining this actually made it make less sense

Now that all OG party members have had their new ultimate persona shown, can we declare that Ann's is the ugliest one?

Attached: P5RCelestine.png (1650x1146, 1.56M)

For Astarte, I always focus on the giant painted skull and forget the person riding on top is even there and is the actual Persona.

I like Ann's and I think it's a good combination of her old and new one.

We cannot.

Then which is the ugliest?

Attached: P5RGorokichi.png (1369x1257, 1.1M)

Technicals are really good on higher difficulties where bonus damage multipliers are much higher and the damage for normal hits are fucked.

Futaba's.

One can hope, but I don't trust that it'll happen until I see some irrefutable proof. With the role they've given Sae for the plot it's hard for them to find time to work in a romantic route for her while also having all of the Judgement confidant go the same way prior to her dungeon and whatnot.

You sure?

Attached: P5RWilliam.png (1519x1080, 1.09M)

You're goddamn right I am, shit taster.

>With the role they've given Sae for the plot it's hard for them to find time to work in a romantic route for her while also having all of the Judgement confidant go the same way prior to her dungeon and whatnot.
I mean, they're completely redoing Akechi's social link so I don't think it's even unreasonable to expect changes to Sae

What a stupid looking pile of shit. Carmen was cool, but this looks like someone took the concept of K-pop fashion, threw it in a blender, and then dumped it out on an artist's desk and told them to make a monster diva design with it.

Morgana's

What was the point of the original evolutions if the third forms completely disregard their designs and instead focus on the first
Like morgana's evolved one looks completely different to how Zorro or his new one do.

Attached: 1558698376136.png (1200x799, 1.59M)

I haven't really heard about the changes Akechi's getting, so I guess I'll take your word for it if he's getting a big overhaul.

>Not a party member
Too bad

My headcanon is that Atlus realized how the original evolved persona didn't match each character's costume so they decided that for the third evos they'd go with designs that look better alongside their PT costumes.

He's living through the game, and literally everything showing off his character so far has shown the new stuff
They even have some of it in this thread

They changed his SL from being automated by plot to a regular level up through hanging out.

Satanael 2.0 soon? Will it be another Grigori? Lupin's full name instead?

Yeah Akechi's Confidant has been altered from an automatic one to one you have to work on manually and has different scenes for rank ups. IIRC Kasumi's confidant will be similar to Adachi's from P4G that it's a confidant you have to rank up to a certain point manually and then becomes an automatic one.

>there will probably be a way to "save" Akechi

Attached: Disgusting.jpg (400x300, 63K)

Because the second forms all looked like complete ass.

>Akechi should die just because
Very compelling greentext

I'm fine with him making it out alive, but if it involves anything other than him being put in jail for the rest of his life, then fuck that shit

>probably

Attached: 1564759293200.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Oh for fucks sake

Attached: Homer.png (584x383, 363K)

did they confirm that you can transfer you compendium from 5?

This has been known for weeks, user.
To be fair he'll likely still go to jail

Momentarily in juvie because he's still a minor

You're going to shatter his dreams Marche style.

Attached: Fuck yo uAkechi you're going back to jail.png (332x152, 64K)

Yeah, since his dad's gonna take most of the blame anyhow

Here's what happens:
>play the game as you would normally in vanilla but with added events, mechanics, confidants, etc
>get to the end of the year and do Mementos dungeon
>you save christmas but before the part where you turn yourself in to the cops, new party member girl throws everyone into a distorted reality
>things that people wish would happen in reality become real

So instead of winter being skipped like in Vanilla game because you are in juvie, now the winter semester will be playable

I haven't been keeping up with the news since I wanted to avoid information as much as possible, but considering the huge amount of info Atlus is just giving out themselves I decided to just give up

If you watch the trailer for Akechi, he seems like the one who wants to return back to reality and not be in the dream world

I don't think he can get charged for metaverse shit
I think he will go to jail but he'll arrange some shit in order to do some self punishment or something like that

His name is Shoze.
No clue what his purpose is though.
Something with mementos? I can't read Japanese.

>I don't think he can get charged for metaverse shit
I mean, if he openly admits to killing people and Shido backs up the story, I imagine they can. Now I don't think they'd be able to throw him in jail for life, but they certainly wouldn't just ignore it.

I expect him to meet Adachi in there and form the Suicide Squad of Persona

Only girl i want to social link romance everyone is just friendship.
I want to believe but there’s no trailer for her, at all.

ITS A FUCKING POPEMOBILE

She got more forehead

>I want to believe but there’s no trailer for her, at all.
They've been revealing new things every week at this point, it could simply be something they reveal later.
After all they have been oddly silent about Sae's role in Royal.

Can they just fucking admit P5 takes place in 2016 already? It's so strange that they date P3 and P4, but when it comes to P5 they try to make it a mystery but also reference 4 a lot.

>she became a french spy lady from the 60s
fuck yeah

>a lot
There's Rise's posters and they mention Naoto on tv. Plus when they talk about the police department there's some vague dialogue implying Chie.

Feels like the last trailer was trying to sum everything all up.

He's not going to jail autismo

>akechi is even gayer than the original game now
he was so damn thirsty for joker already, he better have a kaworu speech at the public bath

I'm pretty sure they explicitly did in Q2.

And yet they revealed new info today

You lot are full on retarded if you think Akechi's going to jail. Shido admitted to everything and is only being hit with electoral fraud and a few minor charges. Akechi's a free man

Nope, when they have conversations about time periods and P5 comes up, all we get is "absolutely NOT 2009".

Probably some mementos greeter but I think he's Akechi's velvet room attendant

>Shido admitted that he had Akechi kill people
>Akechi gets off Scot-free
That's not how that works

Shido never killed anybody. Adachi was still put in holding even though his shit was never proven either.

retard

It definitely was. If you look at a calendar, the exact same dates are there

That's what he did you retard. He admitted to helping cause the accidents and nothing happened to him. They're still treated as accidents. They're not charging him on Metaverse shit. Your argument is retarded. Akechi's not going to jail.

Doesn't matter. He still admitted to literally everything including those accidents and isn't being charged on those deaths.

You mean "NOT 2011". At the very worst it's maybe 2013 considering the two year gap between 3 and 4.

I kinda want Akechi to die later to be honest.
I don't want him to be completely saved, but to delay his death.

>Implied he killed Futaba's mom
>Kills Haru's dad
>Jumps for joy when he think he's killed Joker
>Killed several more people for the lolz
>Doing it just for daddy to smile back at him
>The party is okay with this
I hope the end of P5R has everyone in the party brutally beating Akechi to death, fuck him.

>Adachi was still put in holding even though his shit was never proven either.
not a good comparison because they were still looking for the culprit during those times so they went with adachi. besides like you said, they didn't put him in prison but he's on holding because his shit hasn't been proven so they will eventually let him go.

>That's what he did you retard. He admitted to helping cause the accidents and nothing happened to him
Dude nothing happened to Akechi because the guy was dead and had vanished.
>They're still treated as accidents.
Well if Shido admitted he caused the accidents, no they're not.
>They're not charging him on Metaverse shit. Your argument is retarded. Akechi's not going to jail.
Yes, Akechi is going to jail. Please cope.

They officially mention Rise is in her 20s. And she was 15

Did they? I checked the youtube channel before I commented in thread and didn’t find anything new.
English new sites only rehashes what’s in the trailer

Stay mad seething retards. Akechi's going to get away with everything.

>The party is okay with this
They're explicitly not ok with it, user

Yet they let him join after he tries to kill them

You realize that's what this entire thread is about, right? We got our first views of Haru and Makoto's new personas.
Like seriously are you paying attention

Well then there you go, 2016.

>Dude nothing happened to Akechi because the guy was dead and had vanished.
I was talking about Shido you seething retard. He admitted to everything which includes helping with the accidents yet was not charged on those.

>Well if Shido admitted he caused the accidents, no they're
He did. That's what it's meant by "everything". Play the game.

>Yes, Akechi is going to jail. Please cope.
When he ends up not going to jail, please livestream your suicide.

The game is adding stuff from the anime (like that Kawakami posing in her Hawaii outfit scene) but none of these scans have even mentioned Sae at all so far

I wait the day where Adachi is released, because it's an inevitability and I'm really curious where they'd take it. They already showed in Ultimax he wouldn't revert to his old ways, so it's really "what would he do?"

Everything I see about the game makes me want it less. It’s a bit much. And fuck Altus for being incapable of global releases. It’s absurd for a title like this.

And they mention that they're explicitly not ok with what he tried to do. Do you always lie like this?

>kills Haru's dad
Who cares? He deserved to die

We saw those in trailer

Did he? Because the P-Theves literally just rewrote his shitty personality immediately before Akechi shoots him in cold blood.

We literally don't what they say, the game's not out yet.

>I was talking about Shido you seething retard. He admitted to everything which includes helping with the accidents yet was not charged on those.
He was actively being charged on those, that's why Joker went to jail after you beat Yaldy. To testify against him. I now think you didn't pay any attention at the end.
>He did. That's what it's meant by "everything".
Yeah that's why Sae was prosecuting him at the end.
>When he ends up not going to jail, please livestream your suicide.
Dude you don't even know what happened in P5.

he'll probably just retire out back to inaba or go far away somewhere else in some other boonies town and only come back to visit dojima and nanako

You mean thank god

It's the big surprise, because damn, Sae is way too hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=N5Wuqy85FoU
No we didn't, dumbass
We were talking about vanilla P5

He’s not going to jail trailer implies he plans to leave human society and live in the metaverse

Can’t wait to play half a year after Japan once again.

Goro didn't kill Okumura because he killed people though. He killed Okumura because if he had a change of heart he'd reveal crucial information that would block Shido's progress.

You can say he deserved to die all you like but he killed a father who was about to have a change of heart. And for selfish reasons.

I doubt he'd stick around in Inaba after being accused of murder, that shit sticks with you. He's finally admitting he enjoys Dojima and Nanako's company, so I could see him visiting them.

It's kinda disturbing Dojima's so forgiving of him.

I have the exact opposite reaction. The more they announce the more I want it.
It's like P4G on steroids. Post-december sounds like a new third of the game. Shame it's not DLC for the PS3 and instead full price but I can deal.

She's in this scan

>He was actively being charged on those, that's why Joker went to jail after you beat Yaldy. To testify against him. I now think you didn't pay any attention at the end.
And despite being charged on those and Joker being able to testify against him, he still got hit with electoral fraud and other minor charges. Not murder because those accidents are still accidents. Please keep up.

>Yeah that's why Sae was prosecuting him at the end.
And only got him on the charges I mentioned.

>Dude you don't even know what happened in P5
Says the retard who didn't play the game.

>trailer implies he plans to leave human society and live in the metaverse
Well he better fucking hope the metaverse doesn't disappear like in vanilla P5

Holy shit I didnt noticed
Its actually part popemobile

Attached: 1505210652281.png (321x322, 33K)

>let's just spoil literally everything and show literally all the new content like fuck surprises and fuck you faggots that'll be $60 dickhead

Attached: 1436062631362.png (293x341, 176K)

He's a velvet resident you knobs. He's even the shota to Lavenza's loli, and like Lavenza fuckery is making him not perform his original role

The real question is is he Kasumi's or Groo's?

Is human morgana going to sound the same as cat form?

>Goro didn't kill Okumura because he killed people though. He killed Okumura because if he had a change of heart he'd reveal crucial information that would block Shido's progress.
Doesn't matter. Okumura deserved to die for what he did.

>You can say he deserved to die all you like but he killed a father who was about to have a change of heart. And for selfish reasons
Cool motive. Still doesn't change anything about Okumura. Let him rot for the people he ruined.

See
youtube.com/watch?v=n_T9ozWh_dM
Newest trailer if you missed it, you clearly see her pope mobile

Retard.

that's japan for you
they ruined the broly movie by revealing vegetto days before release
their spider-verse trailer spoiled me the ending too
fuck japs

Attached: no.png (1280x960, 285K)

Cant wait to return to december after you get out of it

>And despite being charged on those and Joker being able to testify against him, he still got hit with electoral fraud and other minor charges.
No, Sae was actively trying to pin him on further crimes.
>And only got him on the charges I mentioned.
No, they hadn't even gotten to the full-time prosecution yet. That shit takes months.
>Says the retard who didn't play the game.
Considering you don't know what you're talking about, this is hilarious

You mean all the people he could have made reparations to were he still alive?

>The real question is is he Kasumi's or Groo's?
Obviously the latter since he's a wildcard.

I hope so. If Teddie sounded stupid all the way through, I don't see why Morgana shouldn't.

It still doesn't show HAru's new persona so this still doesn't show everything, user

>vegetto
This is why Yea Forums gets mocked. You people are so retarded. I'm out of this thread.

English human morgana will really sound fucked since she doesnt even try to make morgana sound like a dude.

>No, Sae was actively trying to pin him on further crimes.
And nothing came of it. Thanks for confirming.

>No, they hadn't even gotten to the full-time prosecution yet. That shit takes months.
Retarded enough to think Japan law is like US law.

>Considering you don't know what you're talking about, this is hilarious
Funny but this sounds like you actually.

Nigga he says he heading back to the otherside and how you should stay on this side for your friends
What the fuck would that mean if not him leaving for the metaverse

doesn't Human Teddie try to talk smoother sometimes?

They'd be happy to hear about his death.

>And nothing came of it.
Because we don't see past January as far as Sae goes, we don't see the full prosecution. You'd know this if you played P5.
>Retarded enough to think Japan law is like US law.
They mention in game that it'll take months, user.
>Funny but this sounds like you actually.
I actually know what happened in the end of the game unlike you, so I disagree.

Retard.

Shit you're right, I meant Gogeta. Whatever.
Teddie doesn't sound like a dude in japanese either. It's just a thing anime does sometimes. He's supposed to sound boyish according to the intro of P5

It means he's going back to reality, since he mentions the fact that everyone else has given themselves up to the dream world

Yes that true, but since every other character was getting a new persona it only stood to reason she’d get one too.
Doesn’t matter though I’ll just wait and how you’re right that same gets a better social link.

>Yes that true, but since every other character was getting a new persona it only stood to reason she’d get one too.
But user that's moving goalposts now. You said that the newest trailer showed all the new information, and that's why Sae wasn't gonna have a romance path because it showed off everything.

>Because we don't see past January as far as Sae goes, we don't see the full prosecution. You'd know this if you played P5
Ok keep being retarded my friend. Nothing came out of it.

>They mention in game that it'll take months, user
Not in the original JP dialogue they didn't.

>I actually know what happened in the end of the game unlike you, so I disagree
But you don't.

>no argument
Dumbass
At least this user here tried, I just don’t know if it fits the scenario.

>Nothing came out of it.
That we saw, because it happened later
>Not in the original JP dialogue they didn't.
Do you have any way whatsoever of proving that?
>But you don't.
I do, and you're even openly admitting that I'm right here.

PARDON THE FUCK!?

The guy fits Ryuji and the boat gives me soul hackers vibe.

Retard

Not everyone is as autistic as you, now they're stuck in the shit with no one to make good on fucking them over.

>you get a new persona and you get a new persona
>But Haru might not get one, unless we show it off
>shows 90% of everything
You would literally need an iq in the double digits if you couldn’t figure out she was getting a new persona

>gets BTFO
>"I-I was right"

seething

>Not everyone is as autistic as you,
Exactly. Not everyone is as autistic as you which is why they were happy about Okumura's death and are now celebrating

>Finally get to use Loki
>Akechi will probably get away with all of his crimes because fujos

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't particularly believe that Akechi is necessarily a bad character. He's ok, if predictable. What disgusts me is the insane defense force he gets for being a fujobait prettyboy. What he has to say about everything he's done is an explanation, not a justification, and he deserves punishment just the same as the other Palace rulers. I get that the PT were giving him 'the chance to do the right thing' because Japanese redemption arcs and all that, but the fact that people actually want him to get away with murder on such a scale is incredibly disturbing. If he looked like what's-his-face from P4 this wouldn't even be an argument.

Attached: 1497576897048.png (306x302, 155K)

Dumb lorelet

>btfo
In what universe?

Dude, you were the one making the argument that the new trailer showed off everything and that no new stuff would be shown past that. Don't blame ME for your argument being dumb

...But it disappears in P5?
youtube.com/watch?v=1qJ0SYReCYk
See here's where it happens

Most people I've seen argue for Goro still think he should be punished, just that he didn't necessarily deserve to die.

I said it summed everything up, you’re the fucking retard who thinks a new persona skin is some ground breaking news when the last couple of trailers shows every other character getting one.

I guess it's opposite day where he lives

Think it’s a samefagger who is constantly saying stupid shit to keep the thread going

>Sums everything up
>Doesn't actually sum everything up
Like I said user, I'M not the one who made this dumb argument. You did.
Also Haru's trailer didn't show her ultimate persona

>everyone gets a new persona
>new mementos
>akechi with Loki
>new character possibly related to Velvet siblings
>durrrr that’s not summing anything up
God damn you really are a double digit iq faggot

It got "reset"
Shit will always be there

I'm okay with that, honestly. Death is finality, him going to jail would actually be better if they wanted to do something else with the character later. I just don't believe that 'redemption' equals 'now you get to join the crew and we're friends again' like some other people seem to think.

suck my 4 inch cock bitch

>Morgana doesn't force you to sleep as often as in Vanilla
This is the best addition they've announced in this entire time.

"Metaverse" is a whole-cloth creation of AtlusUSA and is not part of the actual script. What went away was specifically Mementos. The palaces, Mementos included, are simply manifestations of the collective consciousness, just like the Midnight Channel, or Ideal Mikage-cho.

I'll miss it

Attached: 1495469323280.png (800x800, 766K)

NO.... Stop.

Just so I'm getting this right, mementos is gone, but not the Metaverse. Though now that Momentos is gone, and possibly palaces as well by extension, the PT had to end their careers because they lack the means to force change of hearts now?

Also, I know that the Dark Hour is gone but what about the TV world?

Attached: 1495161005774.jpg (1200x395, 60K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

The TV world still exists in Arena, they never explicitly said it disappeared

It's easier when you understand that "the Metaverse" is just a localization error. It's simply "the other world" like every other "other world" that has shown up in Persona. So yes, Mementos is gone, Yaldy is gone, and since Yaldy is the one who gave everyone the app they no longer have access to the Palaces (until something happens in Royal that changes that). Likewise "the TV World" no longer exists (except for the brief time it came back in Arena) but the world of the collective unconscious that it came from still exists. You can literally just watch the cutscenes after the Izanami boss fight to see.

I haven't been following the info so I hope to god this is true. I'd be mad if they added all this shit but didn't even try to fix the issues the original had.

Attached: 1468941181286.jpg (840x1260, 541K)

>but the world of the collective unconscious that it came from still exists.
I know it wouldn't happen soon, but if that's true then isn't it possible that some of this shit can come back if humanity doesn't get their shit together?

Attached: 1493013209865.png (160x239, 65K)

Watch this: third semester isn't real time and Goro turning good (and surviving) is Joker's wish, just like all the others' were. He'll disappear after the illusion breaks.

Attached: Persona 4 Apocalypse.png (400x240, 119K)

siliconera.com/2019/08/07/morgana-wont-ask-you-to-call-it-a-day-and-get-some-sleep-as-often-in-persona-5-royal/
>In the tweet, which you can see below, Featherman Fan risked being chastised by Morgana and asked if there will be more things to do at night. Morgana confirmed that yes, there will be more free nights.

Basically but the lore post 3 seems to indicate the goal seems to be creating a non self destructive humanity and freeing door-kun thusly.

Correct. That's why 3, 4, and 5 ultimately build towards message of widespread change, especially 5 which beats the message of societal rehabilitation into your head throughout the game. Humanity needs to get over its collective despair. Humanity needs to stop collectively accepting easy lies and confront harsh truths. Humanity needs to change society to work for the benefit of everyone instead of just a handful of assholes.

Kasumi based on how her mask looks like Yabbys face and the fact she looks so much like a female Joker she is absolutely going to go the same route as Marie and Alex right?

I genuinely hope you die in a painful way you insipid cunt.

Um, you realize the entire point of this argument was that Akechi can't just run away into Mementos if it doesn't exist anymore

>she is absolutely going to go the same route as Marie and Alex right?

By being critically important to a plot that was originally written without her? Of course she will be.

Mementos no, but Mementos is simply one manifestation of the greater other world of the collective unconscious. Nothing stopping him from moving to Inaba and getting Teddie or Marie to throw him into a TV.

I mean being directly connected to and essentially a part of the main villain.

>Yaldy makes an OC donut steel that he inserts into the story so he can win this time
Reminds me of Mundus making Trish to bait Dante

Attached: 1521781822311.gif (250x188, 445K)

I mean, I know he was a detective, but did he have access to Police resources? I can see him coming across the whole Inaba case and getting in contact with Cabbage Man.
On another note, what ever happened to that fucking Shadow operative squad being led by Titsuru? I know there were references to past Persona games in 5, but you'd think something regarding a team of people who specializes in Shadows would be brought up in a passage or two on why they aren't looking into what's affecting Japan as a whole.

Attached: 1415058036881.jpg (172x156, 12K)

But who exactly is she baiting? Fucking Akechi?

>but did he have access to Police resources?
only if he asks for it.

>I know there were references to past Persona games in 5

Like what?

CRUSH GEAR RIDE
CRUSH GEAR WINNING
CRUSH GEAR FIGHT

Attached: crush_gear_turbo_1512475863_2c630c33.jpg.jpg (640x640, 116K)

The Shadow Ops are a private organization which means they're very much limited in what they can do, especially when the government is suspicious of them as early as Arena, and outright hostile to them once Shido starts doing his thing. Between that and not having access to Yaldy's app, there's literally nothing they can do in P5 until it's too late.

Namedrops on TV, the Rise/Kanami posters, Tae calls up that nurse from P4 once, but that's it.

He'd probably be trying to bait Joker over to his side or something with the only thing he knows will get his attention - waifubait

>Shoze
That says Jose, with a hard J as in Joseph.

>collective unconscious
As a Jungfag this misinterpretation of this concept upsets me immensely.

She's either willingly going along with big bad or manipulated into doing the big bad's shit. I know people are already speculating that something happened to her and she's going along with the baddie after he helped her or some shit.

Reminds me of how they even added a class on Jungian psychology in P4G.

I DECIDE THE TRUTH

Attached: EDB20838-8078-4D98-891D-DF5CC08D195B.jpg (595x446, 73K)

They just copy pasted the classes from 3 with Edogawa.

now you know how gunfags feel after watching action flicks

P4 despite its fairly flat characters did the best job of handling the "Jungian themes" which the series tries to cite. The shadow selves actually made sense as Shadows (whereas in P5 they essentially just exist to honestly exposit the target's crimes) and the party members' personae are actually based off of their Jungian Persona in either design or mythology (e.g. Yosuke's carefree action hero with a fake smile).
His lectures in 3 are about mythology and the occult.

He has at least 1 of his lecture days on Jungian philosophy.

lmao no , P3 and P4 were about the mytology they chose
>Dude everyone ( even rivals) has personas from the same pantheon lmao

And Jungian psychology.

Granted I haven't personally studied the concepts beyond the Wikipedia article, but it seems to fit well enough. The shadows/demons represent the Jungian archetypes, and the process of gaining a capital-P Persona is similar to Jung describing the formation of a persona, just in the context of a video game with supernatural elements.

In P5 the shadow selves are mostly like that due to the game's overall desire to comment on society: it makes more sense for the bad guys to actually be bad guys. However, it does still touch on the themes you're referring to with Futaba's and Sae's, as well as minor references like the idea in Yusuke's confidant that the real Madarame wasn't as one-dimensionally greedy as his shadow suggested. The Personas in 5 also fit their respective characters just as well as 4's.

That's called sticking to a theme you twat. Something 5 couldn't even be arsed to do.

You're not even worth the effort of finding a wojack to mock you with, so here's a complimentary (You) for your trouble.

Thematic choice based on their vision for the games. Especially in 3's case in relation to Takaya's relationship with MC.

They're literally not copy-pasted though.
And they made them fit with each character's Persona (especially in 4).
>The Personas in 5 also fit their respective characters just as well as 4's.
When does Makoto try to present herself in a way represented by a bike or by Pope Joan?

>nah its fine that you killed all those people bro
how the fuck are they gonna redeem akechi?

Probably by removing accountability.

Whats with nips and spoilers.

>everyone's Persona is a character from a piece of contemporary fiction
>except Ryuji's which is retarded
>nah dude, just throw a bunch of darts at a board to pick their ultimate Persona's, it'll be fine
Had the Grail remained the Grail that'd have been great, but no we had to go Gnosticism for some retarded reason.

If the ultimate personas' themes are the original/real/unmasked versions of the initial, What's Joker's new Ultimate Persona gonna be? Satanael was already the angel version of Satan right?

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 14K)

By making him save the PT.

Attached: Goro gets in the tub.png (1280x720, 948K)

They mention Chie, Akihiko and Katsuya

They're both pretty bad looking.

They also talk about Adachi and Namatame.

It's more like Trickster/Mythical trickster/Person behind the mask

Protags don't get a third level Persona.

It'd be the unmasked version of Lupin, possibly the name of an actor who played him like Carmen's. Also I am furious that Akechi's fakesona was Robin Hood and not fucking Sherlock bloody Holmes.

In Japan, bikes are symbolic of teenage independence. You can get a motorcycle license at 16, whereas you aren't even allow to test for an actual car license until 18. Having a bike (or a scooter, such as in 4) allows a teen to actually start having some independence in where they go and what they do without having to rely on someone else to drive them. Further, the legend of Pope Joan is one where a woman achieve a position of power by merit even though she refused to follow society's conventions (i.e. no women in the clergy). Ergo, Makoto forms Johanna when she resolves to be truly independent and earn her status through merit, rather than simply relying on her sister to support her and relying on doing what everyone else tells her to do.

>everyone's Persona is a character from a piece of contemporary fiction
Wow it's almost like that's something you completely pulled out of your own ass, moron.

>Had the Grail remained the Grail that'd have been great, but no we had to go Gnosticism for some retarded reason.
Yeah because the idea of people being in a false reality of materialism has nothing to do with Gnosticism, dipshit.

>Satanael = Satan
No

Akihiko and Katsuya aren't from P4, dumbass

inb4 Akechi is the gay route

those had a theme too, everyone of them stole something and gave it away to help others or were tricksters

>Go out of their way to make sure nobody ever streams this game past the first few months EVER.
>Release spoilers fucking everywhere when the remake is announced.
>Meanwhile shit like Tales of Vesperia still has blocked scenes you can't stream and it's a 10 year old game.
Sometimes I fucking hate japan.

Attached: FUCKING ME.png (849x608, 48K)

I am aware of Makoto's character, but that's not what we're talking about. The point was about whether their Persona persona is reflective of their Jungian persona. Makoto does not publicly present herself as independent. Her rebellion is quiet, internal resolve.

>novels
Arsene
Necronomicon
Milady
>comic books
Zorro
>stage plays
Carmen
>folk tales
Robin Hood
Goemon
Johanna
>actual historical real life pirate instead of Long John Silver or Captain Hook or something
Kidd

Even Kasumi's is fucking Cinderella.

Yeah, he was Satan before his fall, ie angel

Jesus fucking christ WHY? They all look so bad.

Attached: what.jpg (225x223, 11K)

>spoilers
we have no fucking clue how this is gonna turn out

>Go out of their way to make sure nobody ever streams this game past the first few months EVER.
They dropped that a long time ago and you can find full runs of the game everywhere
Someone is streaming the end of the game right now
What are you talking about user

Mainly the ps4 share function. You still can't stream, take screenshots, or save videos of anything in game.

William looks pretty rad. Gorokichi is alright.
I'll give you Celestine though.

Oh, well, nobody who actually streams uses that so it's no biggie

Nice goalpost moving, trying to pretend that folk tales from the 13th century are "contemporary fiction."

Nope
Its gnoticism
Imagine "god" being the bad guy. Rebelling against him would be the "good" thing to do right ? That's exactly what satanael did

In P5R you can use the share button up until December in game.

Attached: 020A83B6-60DD-4816-B00A-E0FBACAC7622.jpg (495x1312, 190K)

The capital-P Persona is how they act in the other world. It's the spiritual strength they draw from inside palaces and fighting shadows.

Are you fucking retarded or do you not know the meaning of the term contemporary?

zorro was a magazine novella, carmen was just novella, and Kidd and his treasure also inspired novels

>also inspired novels
So why not pick a character from said novels instead of breaking the system they'd set up?

I know. I don't think that that's bad or invalid, but it's not Jungian. A lot of the personas are more like their "true self", which is almost the opposite of what a Jungian persona is.

>The point was about whether their Persona persona is reflective of their Jungian persona. Makoto does not publicly present herself as independent. Her rebellion is quiet, internal resolve.
Persona 4 is kind of all about how your inner self doesn't necessarily reflect your outer one. Nearly every party member has this theme going.

I assume they didn't think some random forum posters would get super autistic about it.

It's complicated because MegaTen's version of Satan is God's arbiter of judgment from the Old Testament, primarily the one who tests Job's righteousness. In that context Satanael is Gnostic Lucifer.

>Contemporary is the historical period that is immediately relevant to the present and is a certain perspective of modern history.
Specifically, "contemporary" in the present day refers to post-WW2. None of the Personas in question are from post-WW2 fiction, aside from Persona 5 itself.

Because "the system they'd set up" exists entirely in your head.

Because said novels character was named William Kidd

That persona...

Attached: 39DD5A13-696C-48A6-B226-E81FE472DEA6.jpg (854x480, 20K)

Show me this alleged novel.

>your inner self doesn't necessarily reflect your outer one.
And that's what I'm praising it for: most faithfully presenting the series' namesake. Also for not actually showing the "collective unconscious" (eww) like the previous games did.

Imagine needing to be spoonfed.

So you're just making shit up then? Thanks for the concession.

Yeah...sorry

Attached: 1561776685788.jpg (650x356, 71K)

The gold bug by edgare allen poe

>So you're just making shit up then?
You mean like you did when you came up with the fake "rule" that doesn't actually exist?

I'm not that guy, I just think you're a faggot.

thoughts on Q2? finished it not long ago.

Attached: hikari.jpg (796x1024, 97K)

>Also for not actually showing the "collective unconscious" (eww) like the previous games did.
Do they ever show that? They kinda sorta show it in P2, that's about it.

So it's going to be the illusion theory about how they're all in a Tsukuyomi, right?
>Morgana gets his wish to be a human
>Makoto gets her wish to be closer to her sister
>Haru gets her wish that her dad is alive
>The Gang gets their wish that Akechi wasn't a fuck
>Futaba gets her wish that her mom was alive

That says Legrand, not Kidd.

They like spoilers because they get to know what happens and get excited for when it happens

Cool, Makoto has a Batmobile!

Haru's Persona's redesign is lazy, it's literally a recolor

>not actually showing the "collective unconscious"
Yeah they did, that's what the TV World is. It's even made explicit when they beat Izanami and it turns into a lush rural landscape and they all comment on how that's what "within mankind's hearts" looks like when they wipe away the fog of deception. At any rate, bitching about that is dumb. It's just an other world based on the collective unconscious. Persona's essentially an isekai, all the way back to Persona 1, just not explicitly referred to as such.

At this point it's definitely is an ideal dream world. Akechi might be real though since he calls Joker out in his PV.

Every single other Persona follows this rule, just because they fucked up one doesn't mean it doesn't exist now stop crying over it, you'll get tears on P-Team's nutsack.

keep reading whose treasure is he trying to find?

I know it's mentioned but they it's only one line in passing; they don't actually go to the Sea.

>Persona's essentially an isekai, all the way back to Persona 1
Uh, what? I completely disagree with this. That's like saying Madoka Magica is an isekai or something

But that's still the real life pirate, that's like putting Dwayne Johnson in your story and claiming he's a fictional character now.

Hikari a cute

>Futaba's is fucking garbage, I'd rather Prometheus than that shit.

Having Necronomicon turn into Al Azif does make more sense though.

Prometheus' design turned out to be crap, even in motion.
And for Azif we've only seen a few still shots. So I'll reserve my verdict for when we get more footage of it.

Which is wise because the knowledge of spoilers saves you from longterm butthurt at the price of a few minutes of surprisal.

It might be a situation where Akechi, as he is in Dream World, is actually Joker's subconscious version of him.
In particular, I'm curious if the Dream World shit will be the result of the Holy Grail or of the new Girl or if they're related in some way?

anyone who played p5 is actually gonna get this? i got p3 on psp and p4 golden on vita but this seems like way too soon to play this game again since i bought it couple of months after release. It's a 150 hour long game so its a bit much. But i kind of want to follow some autists guide to 100% social links

A lot of my complaints are personal issues with the way the writing treats specific characters, but from a gameplay perspective it was a total upgrade to PQ, additional dialogue and baton passes were neat, but the straightforward dungeons and puzzle nerfs were disappointing. Trying to juggle a cast of almost 30 characters was far too much for them, since it felt like almost everyone but a select few got sidelined.

Attached: q2 group spread.png (1200x671, 1.83M)

maybe not day one but i will at some point.

It's just a fucking triangular based prism, it also doesn't look like it has any weight to it from what we saw in that other trailer, just zips all over the place like a dragonfly.

read what was written all the way here it inspired novels, do you think Yoshitune wasn't real? How about joan of arc? It was fair game

I am.

>Every single other Persona follows this rule
You were already proven wrong either.

>Yoshitune
>Joan of Arc
No one has those as their initial Persona though? What exactly do you think we're talking about?

>Looks like one of those generic french "woman in disguise" things from movies like Casblanca.

That would be because Julie is a reference to French actress Julie Delpy, who played the role of Constance Bonacieux - later Constance D'Artagnan - in Disney's rendition of the Thee Musketeers.

You know; the same story that spawned her original Persona?

I wish they would have either given us a select few from each cast, or just gone hog-wild and actually added in P1+2 characters on top of everything else

this is like people talking about only japanese origin characters can be in smash

Doomguy and Chrisiano Ronaldo are coming btw

I never said I don't understand WHY she looks like that, I just said it looks like ass.

Who's Persona will Doomguy be? Morgana?

No, I wasn't, you just threw a little bitch fit and pretended you were right the whole time because you can't handle actual arguments.

Roger Rabbit.

they'll just be demons you create
Doomguy will be Tower arcana
Christiano is The World

>I just said it looks like ass.
No you didn't. I even re-read the post.

Nicely projected, user.

Why does it look like Chie's shadow?

You being thinking its wrong that historical characters appear in persona because it doesn't fit a theme you like.
The whole thing was about thieves and tricksters who steal things yet also did good because of it.
Ryuji has captain kidd and seiten taisei it fits

>At least Haru's persona doesn't look that bad

Are you autistic? Can you not read between the lines?

Attached: D9EF4679-EF37-4C49-BA82-B6F39E549C70.jpg (507x310, 40K)

Yeah that's not saying it's ass, thanks for proving my point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

>You being thinking its wrong that historical characters appear in persona because it doesn't fit a theme you like
No one ever said that, if they had more than just Kidd it wouldn't be an issue, but he's literally the only one who is a confirmed historical figure. There are no birth records or anything for Goemon, Pope Joan, or Robin Hood, they were fiction when they were created and they're still fictional characters now.

I can feel my IQ dropping just by reading your post.

they gave her an evolved motorcycle like she should have had all along.

>give character gimmick persona
>never use it after it evolves
it was a waste of a unique attack animation, glad they are bringing it back

Sorry you didn't make your own post more clear, but don't get angry at ME for it. That's kinda sad.

There is no single theme you can apply to all of the starting Personas without there being at least one exception. That's part of the point, because the PTs were a group of people with different reasons for joining up yet working together anyway. The idea that there's a single consistent "rule" exists only in your mind.

man this is reminding me of the ninja turtles drill tank toy i used to have.

god i miss being a kid.

It transformed from bike to robot every time it was summoned! It could still be the previous persona whenever it felt like it. How is that new motorcycle supposed to transform into any robot now?

Attached: 181.jpg (1349x1920, 336K)

>P3 is Greco-Roman mythology
>P4 is Japanese mythology
You literally can.

is this (you) Everyone of there Ultimate persona was a trickster/thief thats the theme, your gripe is with William Kidd a pirate who happens to be real. Just like Joan of Arc and just like Yoshitune, and Guan Yu.
There is they are all thieves. He's upset that Ryuji had William Kidd.

>p5
>Thieves
>fitting the theme of phantom THIEVES
seriously why is this so hard to understand
Were you this upset for p1? or did you let it slide.

seriously though why the fuck does atlus want to spoil every single solitary new thing added

they cared so much about spoilers now they're like ah fuck it, spoil every singular thing

I thought the theme in P5 was gentleman thieves

Kidd isn't an Ultimate Persona, he's the initial. My issue with the Ultimates is being fixed in P5R.

Have you considered that maybe one of the new palaces will be _his_ and that's how they 'redeem' him? Basically by forcing him into remorse and coming to terms with what he did, like all the others?

Forcing a conscience to weigh down on him may actually be a greater punishment than any jail time or the release of death would be.

(Plus there's the fact aluded to at the start of the game that some people might simply snap under the psychological stress of having their treasure taken and their shadow's ass kicked.)

P3 and P4 are not P5.

Necronomicon isn't a thief, it's a fucking book.

There are fucking millions of fictional pirates they could have used why use Kidd? A flesh and blood human being?

Prometheus literally stole fire though

1 and 2 never had a single chosen mythology they used, whereas 3 and 4 were distinctly using stuff from just one for the story and characters.

it steals your mind.
They used Joan, Yoshi, and Guan. You didnt bitch then so they thought everyone would be fine with it

Because William Kidd wasn't actually a pirate, he was a privateer who got fucked by accidentally going after the wrong dude. Likewise, Ryuji was set to be a track star and was only in the wrong place at the wrong time when Kamoshida decided to be a jackass.

You know the rules

YOU KNOW THE RULES

Plus P3 had a distinctly non-sexy Isis

>They used Joan, Yoshi, and Guan
Why the actual fuck do you keep bringing up generic personas that don't belong to party members? Follow the bloody conversation.

and p5 was using thieves. Thats the theme, its literally spelled out.

>Because William Kidd wasn't actually a pirate, he was a privateer who got fucked by accidentally going after the wrong dude.
Uh to be fair, he was totally a pirate. The guy wasn't making enough money doing legal work so he was basically pirating on the side.

There has to be at least one pirate in all of fiction that had the same thing happen.

g-guys when's smt V?

Fictional thieves, except Kidd because???

You don't like persona using historical real William Kidd but you're fine with them using historical chinks,nips, and a frenchie.
What leg do you have to stand on?
>fictional
The book from edgar allen poe was fictional

Because the rule exists only in your mind

Most of the stories about the guy were highly romanticized. Robin Hood was also based off a real-life person, but almost all the stories about him are complete fabrications.

>Robin Hood was also based off a real-life person
Who? Also if all the stories are fabrications then guess what that makes him?

>Who?
Akechi's persona. You'd know if you played P5.
>Also if all the stories are fabrications then guess what that makes him?
A... fictional person? Which makes him fit thematically with everyone else?

God I want futaba to sit on my face

If Kidd were just a generic persona you could fuse then fine, but he's specifically a party member persona, one that breaks the theme of the rest's. Also

No I mean what real person was Robin Hood allegedly based on you twat.

>one that breaks the theme of the rest's
No it doesn't, Robin Hood was also based off a real person. So is Johanna, according to (probably false) legend

>Yoshitune
>generic
>instead of being one of the strongest personas in game
give it a 1000 years, people's meme will make the rock a legend.

>one that breaks the theme of the rest
Because the theme only exists in your mind.

>probably false
There's the kicker, there is no actual proof Pope Joan existed, nor Goemon, nor Robin Hood. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Robehood
its a generic name given to robbers

nationalgeographic.com/archaeology-and-history/magazine/2019/01-02/origins-of-england-folk-lore-robin-hood/

Please tell me I can date Futaba's mom.

Autism, please seek help

>There's the kicker, there is no actual proof Pope Joan existed
That's why I said it was probably false, glad you're paying attention.
>nor Goemon, nor Robin Hood
There's plenty of proof that Goemon and Robin Hood existed though?

I hate it.

no

So not a specific person then. He's a made up character based on a group of people.

That's not real. Please tell me that's not real.

>nor Goemon
Uh dude, Goemon did absolutely exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishikawa_Goemon
We have the dates of his birth and death even

Never ever sojiro

No, there's folk tales, fiction, horseshit, poppycock. They're made up people for children's story times to teach lessons about humility or generosity.

>He's a made up character based on a group of people.
Potentially. It's something historians have argued about for literal centuries.

>Normally like vanilla
For fuck sakes. I really wish they edited the story. Looks like the second half is still going to be trash

no Sae social link, no buy

Well then I have been lied to.

>No, there's folk tales, fiction, horseshit, poppycock.
No, there's plenty of solid records that Goemon existed. You should check your facts.

They made her ridable again, thank god

Your wife has horrible tastes.

Wait no, it's all just bullshit speculation, I'm still right.

No, it's pretty solid agreed upon facts.

So the legend goes, and each man after built up that legend.

>here is little historical information on Goemon's life
>There are many versions of Goemon's background and accounts of his life
>There are also several conflicting accounts of Goemon's public execution
No it isn't, actually read your fucking source you faggot.

>logged his life detail into the historic books
>he's fake
Fucking how?

dont talk shit about pimp daddy goemon

Except that we have historical information about Goemon's life, moron. Some of the facts are questionable because it happened hundreds of years ago and he's a literal folk hero. But he certainly existed. The article in question doesn't even doubt that he existed.

Honestly, nearly all of the upgraded personas looked like shit. Nuhanna actually looks better

Anne has always been worst girl, but at least Carmen was cool. Hecate was pretty shit, but this new thing is an abomination.

Then that's not the same thing as Kidd.

Goemon is though.

Apparently you don't because nothing in is concrete, it waffles on everything.

The historical Goemon existed. There are several historical references making that clear. What's folklore is people attributing him being a great noble gentleman thief Robin Hood figure to him when in reality he was probably just a common petty thief. It's no different from plenty of other actual historical figures who got mythical folk status. Likewise, Kidd's status as a pirate was massively overblown when in reality all his targets were perfectly legal by the terms of his commission, and his reputation was due partly from his inability to keep his crew under control, but mainly from one of his legal targets happening to have had an influential Englishman captaining it despite flying under French flags.

>Satanael was already the angel version of Satan right?

In some circles Satanael is just another reference to Lucifer.

In Gnosticism however -- there it is again... -- Satanael is a fallen angel that once served the Demiurge, aka Yaldabaoth, until he realized Yaldabaoth was a false god and at that point provided humanity the knowledge to break free from Yaldabaoth's yoke.

Also fun to know: one of the other aliases that the Demiurge goes by in some Gnostic teachings is "The Fool," for it deluding itself into thinking itself ot be be the original creator deity. And yes: now you know why it's the "Igor" confidant holds the Fool arcana...

(Joker's is probably actually The World.)

>nothing is concrete
Except for the exact dates of his birth and death and the details of how he died

You guys are incredibly stupid.
IT'S IN THE BONUS KABALLAH DUNGEON.
THE ONE THAT TAKES PLACE IN THE ALTERED REALITY POST-GAME.
HE'S A FUCKING FAKE.

Attached: 1556264168086.png (2560x1440, 490K)

He'd be in jail while they figure out how to charge him, like how they kept Adachi in jail even if they can't prove his guilt.

>Even the date of his death is uncertain, as some records say this took place in summer, while another dates it at October 8

I prefer this to goemon desu, the colors arent a complete clusterfuck anymore and I like how the pipe was turned into a giant cigar. Toothpaste hair is the only bad thing

>And yes: now you know why it's the "Igor" confidant holds the Fool arcana...
Also because the whole point of that confidant is that Yaldy is manipulating you into helping him achieve his plans. You hit rank 10 when he basically wins and it's only the power of plot bullshit that saves the day.

>99% conviction rate.
Japanese courts are fucked, they'd bring down everyone Shido even jizzed on.

>Before he died, Goemon wrote a famous farewell poem, saying that no matter what, there always shall be thieves. A tombstone dedicated to him is located in Daiunin temple in Kyoto.
Yah there's no doubt that he was a real person even by this article, user.

>fictional treasure
>people can't tell if he was really a pirate, privateer, if he was framed, or the evidence was right
no thats similar people can't get the details right
>his first appearance in the historical annals, in the 1642 biography of Hideyoshi, Goemon was referred to simply as a thief.
>Every goddamn reason for his death was because he wanted to kill Hideyoshi

First hit from Wikipedia:
> The 1957 children's book Captain Kidd's Cat by Robert Lawson is a largely fictionalized account of Kidd's last voyage, trial and execution, told from the point of view of his loyal ship's cat. The book portrays Kidd as an innocent privateer who was framed by corrupt officials as a scapegoat for their own crimes.

Oh gee, that sounds like roughian-with-a-heart-of-gold Ryuji being framed for getting the track team dissolved, now don't it?

Japanese courts only have a 99% conviction rate because they only bring people to trial if they're 99% sure they'll be convicted, otherwise they go free on "lack of evidence." Which is definitely what's going to happen to Goro; Adachi had enough surrounding him to be concretely linked to the murders since he had to be physically present with the victim, but Goro doesn't even have that linking him to any of his victims. At most he'd be kicked out of the police force, but that's it. Which is actually perfectly fine and in keeping with the themes of the game if they establish that Goro is adamant about atoning in his own way: it's up to each person to rehabilitate themselves properly.

If you add Dwayne Johnson and then have him act like Dwayne didn't IRL, then guess what that's a fictional representation of the real guy.

Except they literally have a prosecutor's eye witness and a voice recording of Akechi admitting to conspiring with Shido.

Attached: 1553491627018.jpg (700x990, 67K)

And you can tell me with 100% certainty that Kidd in P5 is based on the version from Captain Kidd's Cat?

Obviously since Joker is still alive, neither of those are enough to get him convicted for murder.

it's based off of the book of captain kidd's fictional cat had of him yes.

>hour and a half long spergout because retard-kun can't handle the fact that his headcanon is fact
The rule only exists in your mind, fucking deal with it.

>Conspiracy to commit murder goes away if you fail to succeed in the murder

Okay, retard.

Attached: 1531775351410.png (871x625, 306K)

>Obviously since Joker is still alive
I mean, he admitted to killing other people though

honestly though fuck akechi and fuck demoniggers

Attached: 1496057396320.png (371x333, 76K)

And there's no evidence beyond his confession that actually ties him to this. This is an intentionally designed aspect of the Japanese legal system designed with the intent of lessening police brutality: they simply can't beat you into a confession unless they have actual hard evidence linking you to it already.

>calling others retarded
>when he's been goal post moving for the last hour
>being spoonfed like a baby all the while
>getting everything wrong while he was at it
>doesn't know Goemon was real
>didn't know the historical basis for robin hood.

>still pretending you're correct
Cry more.

Attached: 1564761115019.png (500x229, 146K)

Adachi was literally kept in jail even though they couldn't prove how he did it. He was still in jail in P5.

Attached: 1538756774137.jpg (1280x781, 266K)

see

>fuck demoniggers
Excuse me

Attached: Demi.png (650x635, 542K)

>WAAAAAAH I CAN'T BE WRONG!!!! WAAAAAAH!!!!1

Attached: 1531775552487.jpg (872x673, 67K)

>And there's no evidence beyond his confession that actually ties him to this.
Yeah, you know that in Japan it's literally "guilty until proven innocent", right? And the evidence isn't just himself confessing, it's Shido confessing too

>Goemon was fictional user you're all wrong
>Robin Hood wasn't based off a real person either.
>theres no theme for the phantom thieves even though all their persona are thieves
see

I love Anne.

>keeps spouting my own facts at me trying to somehow prove me wrong
Am I being baited at this point?

And Adachi had hard evidence linking him to being in the same place as the victims immediately prior to their disappearances, with actual details on how everything happened, and the only thing they can't prove is the actual method behind the murder.

>you know that in Japan it's literally "guilty until proven innocent"
see It only has that reputation because they don't even bring someone to trial unless they're absolutely sure they'll be able to convict them.

>It only has that reputation because they don't even bring someone to trial unless they're absolutely sure they'll be able to convict them.
And why wouldn't they be sure they could convict Akechi? With his own confession and Shido's?
>And Adachi had hard evidence linking him to being in the same place as the victims immediately prior to their disappearances
They bring up in Arena that they really don't have hardly any hard evidence at all for Adachi, actually.

>And Adachi had hard evidence linking him to being in the same place as the victims immediately prior to their disappearances
Nothing beyond happenstance considering no one connected him being the murderer before fucking December. It was seen as a coincidence until he confessed.

>Nuhanna actually looks better

Really want to see if Agnes retains the transform gimmick though.

Btw. fun thing to know: St. Agnes is a historical figure as well.
(Hello weird person spazzing out over Kidd. Read ^^that^^.)

Apparantly she was an early Christian martyr in late Rome and was dragged naked through the streets of Rome to end up serving at a brothel, in her early teens. However any who tried to rape her were struck blind

Some nice parallels with Makoto's chapter in P5.

Also, especially for that one guy going nuts over the choo-choo theme:

> The instrumental song "Saint Agnes and the Burning Train" appears on the 1991 album 'The Soul Cages' by Sting.

Three changes I want to see in the main game:

-The ability to change the BGM in Mementos.
-Ability to skip tutorials.
-Morgana's nagging to be reduced. With all these new activities, we should be able to fill in our own time.

I've been playing through P4 vanilla, and it feels like there's more freedom even though there's less to do.

>Really want to see if Agnes retains the transform gimmick though.
Considering all of them so far have just recycled the animations I'd say that's a safe bet.

>Morgana's nagging to be reduced. With all these new activities, we should be able to fill in our own time.
Already confirmed according to someone ITT.

The personas evolving from humans to gods was appropriate. I don't like this backpedaling.

>I prefer shittier designs
To each his own I guess

You can just do stupid shit like watch DVDs with Mona instead.

>The personas evolving from humans to gods was appropriate
It was but so is this. These new Personas represent the removal of their masks they feel the need to hide behind, showing that they're still the same people underneath. Becoming trickster gods was supposed to be indicative of their swelled heads from getting famous.

It's not backpedaling.
Their personas are evolving from legendary tricksters, to mythological tricksters, to inner 'true selves' of their original personas.

It's like: power wank is fine, but to achieve true power, look within.

Does this mean we'll see Yusuke in an actual pimp coat?

So he's like a real GF now.

I mean, couldn't you do that already?

The personas are still caricatures not to be taken literally. No need to be facetious.

contrary to popular belief, a cat is not fine too.

Why do exclusives exist? I don't want to buy a PS4 literally just for this game

Attached: caroline.png (333x416, 235K)

Attached: s79ruanmts431.jpg (750x389, 17K)

Basically going back to a re-skinned version of the originals is still lame as fuck though.

Imagine being poor.

>switch never ever
feels bad

Did you just call yourself a bitch?

Don't we say that literally every game?

Wait what? Oh fuck. Shit.

I don't want it on Switch, I played Persona 5 at 60FPS at 1440p on my PC, I don't want to get a worse experience playing on the PS4, P5R is mroe than likely going to run at 30FPS at be 1080p at most

But re-skinned versions of the new ones would totally be okay? The Ultimate designs were fucking trash.

Just get other stuff like Nier
It wasn't very... well thought out apparently.

People even said it for Q and Q2, yeah. Also for the dancing games, but I'm pretty sure that at least was sarcastic

>on 30fps
explain

I haven't heard anything of that sort. Did they allow that in the older games?

Can't believe no one has mentioned this, but I'm definitely digging the more Mad Max vibes they've done for Makoto's motorcycle compared to Johanna's original design, especially considering how her character references Hokuto no Ken quite a lot.

Arena actually made me really suspect he was coming back

He was just asking if you could do it. To answer your question though, P3FES allowed you to import your compendium from P3 vanilla.

no and i doubt they will for this

Oh god I remember that now. Fuck you Atlus

Ps3 emulator has a 60FPS patch for Persona 5, needs a decent PC though to keep 60FPS in shujin and the streets but the palaces are all a solid 60FPS.

P3 had this. Specifically, if you has a P3 vanilla file you could transfer
>Persona Compendium
>Known Fusion Spell combos
>Character Stats (Academics, Charm, Courage)
>Items from Maxed Social Links
All to your FES file.

>Futaba's illuminati mobile
>Haru's persona is even better

Attached: 1561069147125.png (394x282, 144K)

Buy a PS4 for the improved load times and 4k, goy

I also though the evolved ones were worse, but if you commit to a thing then stick with it.

Where do you go past gods though?

>Egg shell head shota

Attached: 1563889618065.gif (181x292, 2M)

did not know that, i only got the fes version. my bad

Joanna is not Joan of Arc dumbass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Joan

Finally Futaba gets a All-out Attack screen. Really feels like it was a oversight that she didn't have one in the original

She is a demon in the series though.

Attached: Jeanne_d'Arc.jpg (1280x1413, 662K)

>black butterfly to mock Philemon
>hates all humans and wants them dead
>claims to be something its more than just a shadow
Felt disappointed really want him to take center stage again.

>Thieves
>New Mary Sue has Cinderella
>Joanna is now a thief

But never in Persona up to PQ2.

For P5, isn't the theme less to do with thieves and more to do with the rebellious nature of their surrounding myths/legends?

A number of them being thieves obviously happens to match with certain characters but that's not the recurring theme for all party members (obviously).

>pope joan stole the traditionally male role of Pope
>New Mary Sue with Cinderella who in some stories stole the invitation to the dance
nope been there since imagine

Attached: Imagine-Jean.png (313x492, 53K)

Yes. The Personas are more individual focused rather than having one theme like 3 and 4. For example Futaba’s Personas are based on the theme of offering forbidden knowledge which is in line with her role as a hacker.

something tells me this special edition won't fix the horrible problems with the writing and how the writers blew their load with kamoshida at the start, the other antagonists were shit and I don't see Persona 5 Royal being any better
Just look at fucking persona 4 golden for example

Char was good

This.

You're stretching the definition of "steal" massively to try and fit the definitions. How does the Necronomicon fit then? What about Satanael?

Re-read what I said, Joan of Arc hasn't been in Persona up to PQ2.

Attached: 1535972386657.png (1173x678, 95K)

>New Pokemon designs are worse than Deviantart
>New Persona designs are just palette swaps of the first forms
Fuuuuuck, how's Digimon doing these days

>ultimate personas are so bad, they're super random!
>evolved personas are so bad, they're too familiar!

I actually really liked the original final Persona evolutions, thanks for putting words in my mouth, and don't forget to CONSUME

>I actually really liked the original final Persona evolutions
Ew why?

Holy fuck I hate that design, what an extrememly annoying character to look at

>I actually really liked the original final Persona evolutions

Attached: O.png (261x316, 51K)

New Joker ultimate persona fucking when?

Garbage taste

>hasn't been in Persona up to PQ2.
honestly had to reread that yes. But yes you're right
>Necronomicon
Steals the minds of its reader.
>Satanael
He's a trickster, that rebelled against god. Just as joker rebels against society

Why the hell would someone who can't do all out attacks have an all out attack screen?
And why does she have one now?

>and p5 was using thieves

Tricksters, actually. And yes; _that_ was literally spelled out.

Master-thieves just happen to be a particular subset of those. As are swash-buckling pirates; dashing rogues; femme fatales; etc.

> Cinderella
> Pope Joan

Both pretending to be something they're not.

i dont speak moon runes, what are these spoilers?

Carmen fucking ruined

Neat.

from thieves to gods who rebel against fate and unfair edicts. If fits and because pimp Goemon has too much swagger its distracting.

>How does the Necronomicon fit then?

Trickster as in: literally dicking with reality, holy fuck.

>What about Satanael?
Tricked by a false god, only to turn the tables on them.

The designs were objectively garbage though, which is what we were talking about.

subjectively you mean.

yes trickster's too

No I definitely mean objective.

This. It's not thieves, but rather tricksters or myths of a rebellious nature.

you meant, but you can't prove the designs were objective.

It doesn't have to be proven, it's just a fact of life.

>come into thread
>see autistic retard seething
Oh no no no no
ahahahahaha

Attached: 1548286132265.jpg (1491x1065, 136K)

you're going to tell me Arsene is better than Satanael?

There we go, the Persona don't ally with stealing themes, they ally with rebellion. But then there's Kidd so you have to tack on stealing and rebellion. Just goes to show how messed up P5 is narratively.

>new ultimate personae are reskins and that environment behind akechi is just a reskin of futaba's palace

wtf is atlus even doing?

Attached: nothanks.jpg (450x450, 56K)

Making another awful remake just like FES and Golden. Nothing new.

Yes? How is it not?

>still going on about this hours later
The rule exists only in your head

Don't look at me, you already lost my argument. This is someone else.

>stealing not an act of rebellion
it possible to be both, thats why we have phantom thieves and not say chaos hero