Sequel when?

Sequel when?
Also Alex did nothing wrong.

Attached: 45601F2C-8D4F-4381-9C8E-7C206C17FE84.jpg (460x215, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ly24F5nl63o
youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mooncrash was effectively the sequel.

both the black doctor and mikhaila were fucking idiots
>you gotta destroy the station even if all the typhon are gone
>because eventually more aliens can come
>please ignore the fact they can come anyway the moment we launch another ship, and also ignore that the nullwave technology will be unavailable to humanity if we destroy the stations
there really seemed to be no reasoning to that choice, they just really wanted to have two main endings I guess

Fuck poltergeists dude

They should have released Mooncrash standalone.
Genuinely one of the best roguelikes (roguelite? I don't know) I've ever played.

A sequel to Prey makes no sense, given how it ends.

But the black doctor (Igwe) wants you to use the nullwave.
Mikhaila wants you to destroy the station because she’s pissed at TranStar.
January wants you to destroy the station because he’s programmed that way, and he spends the entire game manipulating you

Nullwave is only effective against the Typhon, though. If some other sentience eating alien came through we'd be fucked.
Unless we turned them into food for the Typhon.

I could swear igwe changes his mind right before the end and his operator also calls you out on using alien splices postcredits for some reason.

Dr. Igwe only wanted to destroy the station as a last resort, he says this multiple times. Mikhaila wasn't even aware of the possibility of the nullwave tech. She's clueless about the Typhon.

>he
>Not playing as a lesbian
Shame.

So? There are no other aliens except the typhon, it seems stupid to destroy our only defense against the aliens we do know about just out of paranoia that other aliens attracted by the tech will be immune.

Supposedly January explains everything to her, but I guess she could have been manipulated.

I’ve done both and I can say with certainty that Male Morgan’s VA is leaps and bounds better than Female Morgan’s VA

Mooncrash is the only AAA roguelite I know of

>There are no other aliens except the typhon
That we know of.
In five days and with only a few hundred bodies, the Typhon were able to open a wormhole to their mass horde, and nullwave tech comes from nearly an entire century of research.
You don't want to make yourself a target.

>Alex did nothing wrong.
Are you talking about real Alex or simulation Alex?

At least if the station is left intact we can use what worked and stop using what didn't, actually learn from the mistakes. It's like vilifying nuclear energy just because of chernobyl, aka something stupid normies do.
Also neuromods literally make people live to 300, they're worth anything morally speaking.

Both, I guess

The Russian Volunteers program wasn't good.

its on sale rn for $8 at best buy - worth it? mooncrash looked neat but the demo overwhelmed me at the time

Attached: 547eb25e4e987c4c41b443be5e362c08.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

>Also neuromods literally make people live to 300, they're worth anything morally speaking.
You know the only way to make neuromods, right? You sacrifice people. Sentient life. Human beings. That's the only way.
The problem with making neuromods public is it's going to create a new power structure where the rich are almost literally eating the poor. Sure, you start out with real scummy prisoners, murderers and rapists, but you'll run out of those real fast. Then what?
Time to start sending in the drug offenders, the political prisoners, the petty criminals with no options to their death so that daddy can learn to play piano without wasting time on practice.

I doubt January explained it, but she probably wouldn't be convinced it would work which is fair.

January is an interesting character. They really are on your side, but it's hard for you or any other character to ascertain that. The paranoia and distrust comes from the fact that "you" don't know if you should trust your former self. Same applies for Alex, even. Their writing and voice acting was fantastic and really put the emphasis and emotion that made trusting them (or not) difficult, given the situation unfolding.

How else are you gonna get test subjects? At least they were mostly reprobate Russian criminals

I thought it was stated in the game that modern neuromods didn't require sacrifice, but I did only play the game once and pretty fast.
The human prisoners were used to test typhon mods and turning people into typhon and shit, not the regular security ones.

Also you only need to do the research once.

They were political prisoners, mostly.

It's Bioshock in space, albeit a lot more difficult

Not a problem

Attached: stalin.jpg (768x432, 29K)

Not mostly, several were genuinely violent criminals on death row.

I always felt manipulated by January. When I was prepping Dahl for the escape shuttle, January kept saying I was STILL going to die even though I didn’t have to.
Whereas Alex felt like he genuinely wanted me to stay alive.

All neuromods use ground up Typhon smoothie to work You can only get Typhon material from harvesting Typhon who only breed through killing humans.

You sure? Completely missed that fact if so, damn it.

Attached: original.gif (227x136, 1.26M)

Neuromods where made of Typhon, you idiot. When did you ever put a human into a replicator to make a Neuromod?

Also the way the Typhon broke containment to begin with is through the neuromods.

>who only breed through killing humans.
So how did the Typhon exist before encountering humans?

Attached: 1560794517971.jpg (500x403, 71K)

>It's Bioshock in space
Not sure if b8 or an honest attempt to convey the similarities

Attached: ian.png (603x500, 528K)

How do Typhon reproduce?
They eat sentience. Not matter. Sentience.

Are you aware of the Fermi Paradox?
There are no other aliens because the Typhon already wiped them out.

Alright. I guess you're right. You're not an idiot.

I could have sworn they had some other way of reproducing.

Right. I forgot that tidbit about how they eat minds. Good catch user.
But the difference between sapience and sentience is important. Sentience is just capacity for sensing things. All animals and some plants are sentient.
Sapience is reason and consciousness, which is what the Typhon feed on. So that does make sense why humans are the only viable Prey™ for them.

Attached: blisk.png (1322x940, 621K)

More like Dr. Nigwe lol

I don't recall January ever saying that you will or must die. He even mentions the nullwave emitter and the fact that you could leave on the shuttle. He's just not programmed to direct you to do that. He even hints at killing him if he tries to interfere.

Yes, you need "exotic material" to fabricate neuromods. You can only get exotic material from Typhon organs. There is a side quest in the fabrication labs that explains this and the head of fabrication even killed himself trying to "remove" his neuromods after finding out where the exotic material comes from. This is why people on the station are losing their fucking minds and going crazy over time. The Typhon material allows the remapping of neuron connections, but eventually gives the Typhon control, hence the after-credits ending.

It is not explained how the Typhon existed before contact with Humans, but it's assumed they just eat other organic life. They are also extra-dimensional, being able to warp from one alternate reality to the next.

Typhon actually broke containment due to Trevor Young (the mind controlled guy in quarantine in the trauma center) not wearing a psychoscope during a test with a Telepath Typhon. He ended up letting out some mimics, who secretly spread throughout the station eating people and multiplying.

Attached: we got him.gif (220x165, 221K)

Why didn't Transtar just feed dolphins to the Typhon to get more neuromods?

Attached: 1513210507447.jpg (600x599, 45K)

Good point, thanks for the clarification.
Are there any other animals on Earth that we could feed to the Typhon? Dolphins? Chimpanzees?

I was playing it yesterday and when talking about the shuttle he says something to the effect of “I’m surprised you managed to find a way to get the crew off safely, I’m sure they’ll remember your sacrifice”

Female Alex is a qt hapa

>tfw the nightmare shows up
>but you have a shotgun

More of a philosophical question about what constitutes sapience.
One philosopher I know of, when his students were arguing about the personhood of dolphins and whether they should have political rights, proposed that since understanding of the common noun is the sign of rationality, that "if they ask for the vote, then we have to give it to them."

Attached: Schooled of Athens.jpg (459x598, 161K)

Still wouldn't solve the bigger problem of injecting Typhon juice into your brain and having it take over your mind.

Who even thought that was a good idea?

First two hours of the game were frightening since anything could be a mimic and catch you off guard
Shame the sensation doesn't last long

prey 2 where you play as a phantom special agent working for human/typhon commonwealth that is sent alone against hostile alien incursions around the galaxy

>Typhon actually broke containment due to Trevor Young (the mind controlled guy in quarantine in the trauma center) not wearing a psychoscope during a test with a Telepath Typhon. He ended up letting out some mimics, who secretly spread throughout the station eating people and multiplying.
When is this mentioned?

Yeah for the biggest problem with the game is its very core concept means it gets rather boring and safe as you progress. You start as prey at the bottom of the food chain and the feeling of powerlessness is great, but then you get stronger until you become the alpha predator, at which point it becomes a rather standard FPS.

I kind of didn't like the game until i started playing it as a shooter with stealth elements, contrary to everyone saying it's not meant to be shooter.
The choices you have to enter certain rooms are nice and all, but I feel like you just can't escape some encounters. That was especially blatant once I reached the crew cabins and had my first nightmare encounter. So I said fuck it and fully upgraded a shotgun, crafted a fuckload of neuromods and shotgun shells, combat focus, sneaking, increased surprise attack damage. Much more fun that way.

You can escape the nightmare, just find a small space to hide in until it fucks off. The first time the nightmare appeared it spawned at the other side of a door that I just didn't open, so it couldn't do shit to me

I had my second encounter after unlocking the infinite neuromod license and it spawned somewhere way outside on a different floor, so I didn't even get to see it this time around, so that felt pretty weird. Third time around, I pumped 10 shotgun shells into it and it was dead. Great.

>any typhon shows up
>psychoshock III

nothing personnel typhon

>mfw I can't remember the names of any weapons or typhon powers
What was the name of that special gun that filled enemies' life bars green with a beam until they died
Cause that thing wrecked everything in no time once upgraded

Q-beam is the best weapon

Why would they? If you stop counting them as just some dumb animals that will lead back into the same ethical dilemma. Easier to just don't bother with ethics at all.

Pacing was mediocre, most human designs were fucking ugly as hell, too much reliance on the standards of the genre (audiologs in particular) which was a crutch in the beginning and just an excuse not to bother with animations now. Most of all the Typhon are just kinda boring given the overall limited environment we're set loose in, and the amount of time we spend in it. If they had some really innovative and novel AI (or the appearance of it) then they'd still be interesting, but they don't.

I love what it wanted to be, and it did a fair amount pretty well, but it just wasn't enough for the sales they seem to have wanted.

youtu.be/ly24F5nl63o
Such a comfy game, I’d love a sequel. Hope they keep Mick Gordon

So what's next for Arkane? Finished Prey last week, then finished SS2 next and just beat Arx Fatalis. I'm digging these kinda games.

based

Attached: 20190731125754_1.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

This game is the best one i've played in a long time, i got Half-Life/Half-Life2 feeling when playing it. It was just... different. I doubt there will be a sequel soon, if ever.

They announced a new game at E3, can't remember what it was called but it looked cool

They just released Wolfenstein: Young Bloods

bethesda are the publishers, of both that and prey, not the devs

>Wolfenstein: Young Bloods
I've heard nothing but bad things about it

It could be about being trapped on earth after the typhoon take over

One of the great things about the game is the space station setting and all the characters and stories in it, wouldn't be the same if it's set on Earth

Btw you can open the security room in pyscotronics with a chair and the bow caster.
You need one that has the has the handle coming from the back rest of it.

It's that thing with 2 assassins hunting each other in a time loop or someshit. Looked....eh.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0

Attached: semisacredgeometry.jpg (800x450, 42K)

It's not like there aren't contained spaces on earth that would give you a similar feeling as the space station. You could still even have the space-like segments where you had to leave whatever compound you were in and dodge typhoon patrols while looking for things

The only thing I didn't like was that if you changed the cross hair to the center of the screen instead of near the bottom, there was no way to fix the view models so everything looked fuckey. Especially with the qbeam since the beam physically shoots out of the gun and doesn't actually shoot where the crosshair is pointing so you had to aim slightly off to get it to hit your target

Best fan theories:
The Typhon you play as was made from Morgan's corpse.
The second ending, is the simulation.
The Typhon are individual cells that make up a Lovecraftian super organism.
All the "Would you push the Fat Man?" questions in the beginning are psychological projections of the Morgan/Typhon being pissed at Alex for capturing it.

Attached: 1559581991277s.jpg (124x125, 3K)

>When is this mentioned?
It's in various emails through out the game. In the Psychometrics Lab you find some security reports and emails warning people to keep their psychoscopes on because some guy walked right in without his. Later you find some more reports and emails that hint at the spreading chaos.