Home

home....

Attached: WET_FuelDumpRoutes.png (800x600, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eDKI_I_Lc4k
youtube.com/watch?v=aj9Yyf0IFh8
youtube.com/watch?v=PwnzSI88Uks
youtube.com/watch?v=OWds7wKLLPs
youtube.com/watch?v=0DzNOiJKun0
youtube.com/watch?v=tsgO_m2srZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=6VLM9paFf1M
youtube.com/watch?v=mIN4gfXyDrI
youtube.com/watch?v=1qiriQsOjjI
youtube.com/watch?v=QDYBKFY85VU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ENEMY IN THE SKIES

NEED ZE MEDIC

WE NEED A NINJA HERE!!!
I'M A NINJA HERE!!!

my first fps

Attached: rX4G32XworkppRTgy227XtK8hz4lIooMSMSebr6TYoU.png (645x645, 427K)

>there will never be another FPS this good ever again
The games industry truly is dead.

*mine noises* NEED A MEDIC

Is there still a community for this these days?

Command declined.

*steals ur pants*

Noone in their right mind who played this has any other shooter ranking higher than this.

Yes there's also a good discord for the competitive scene for quick scrims and Sunday cups and whatnot. There's even Lans organised from time to time.

Wunderbar!

For me, it's Oasis.

Dare I say it, the comfiest map in any shooter ever

WE NEED AN ENGINEER
WE NEED AN ENGINEER

I'M A MEDIC

Id tech 3 was and still is the best engine ever made. just look at that comfy feel.

>edit my own preset message to spell this as a German
>no one gets it

Attached: os58wj8af3131.jpg (1080x1069, 101K)

>akimbo pistols in second map
Gods, I was good then.

Attached: 1555136620460.jpg (720x569, 105K)

>dislike how medic were actually super offensive classes played by those who wanted to kill a lot and MAYBE help another player, just like TFC
>TF2 locks it to support and it's fucking boring
The old monkey hand.

Medics are honestly best as offensively capable classes. It encourages good players to play as medics, since they can heal themselves as well as others. Ensures that they'll stay alive and be capable of healing the people who matter. If medics can't fight properly, the genuinely good players won't even bother taking the class without being forced to and you'll end up with medics who can't even stay alive.

It's my favourite FPS, but I couldn't play it anymore. Some of the mechanics and balance are just so dated that I couldn't tolerate them now.
>aim punch
>random spread when turning
>scrims revolving around so many cheesy strategies like spamming revives
Those are the biggest jank points off the top of my head, but there's a lot more minor stuff I'm forgetting that contributes to the overall dated feel. Tried it a couple of years back and I just couldn't deal with it anymore even though I put over 4000 hours into it back in the day.

I'd play the shit out of a properly modernized version though. Dirty Bomb wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either.

adrenaline was a mistake

Yes. If you allow for 3rd party servers and modding a community can last 16 years like in the case of ET.
Also post good fragmovies.
youtube.com/watch?v=eDKI_I_Lc4k

wasn't that later modded in?

Funny no one mentions how you need three shots to the head to to kill someone XD

(Yes I liked this game at the time too)

>soldier weapons almost invariably bad except for the panzerfaust even if they were meant to be THE offensive class
>mg and rifles with that horrible kicks
>smgs with perfect aim and no kick at all times, you just lost damage from range
And of course that all the best players just stuck to smgs and aimed at the heads.

>they were meant to be THE offensive class
No, they are meant to be the tank class.
>smgs with perfect aim and no kick
SMGs have a slight kick.
>And of course that all the best players just stuck to smgs
Yes, and? The best players also are the ones who exclusively choose the panzerfaust when it matters because it's actually one of the hardest weapon to master.

Attached: Dragos panzerfaust.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

youtube.com/watch?v=aj9Yyf0IFh8

Attached: wolfenstein-case-mod.jpg (425x411, 32K)

Better version
youtube.com/watch?v=PwnzSI88Uks

What a fucking shot

reinforce the defense

>et
>jank
>scrims revolving around so many cheesy strategies like spamming revives
That's a valid strategy but really isn't used very much outside of desperation.

Attached: 999 Units Per Second.webm (1280x720, 1.83M)

youtube.com/watch?v=OWds7wKLLPs

Attached: VIP.webm (640x480, 2.04M)

just llike my chinese cartoons

I wish casual glitches, game environment mechanis exploitation and jumps would make a comeback in games

>the tank class
Medic also had them beat at that. And the smg kick practically returned it to it's original angle while every other weapon drove the aim up. I loved smgs too since I did get 'good' back then but this strange behaviour in the most ubiquitous main weapon still bothers me.
Wait, the sten behaved the same I think.

Alright anons, I'm downloading this game right fucking now. Any tips for a beginner? I just don't want to be completely useless to my team. Are there any offline servers I can practice on to get a jist of how the objective is played? I don't have any experience with multiplayer RTCW, but I played the single player probably hundreds of times growing up, so I'm probably pretty comfortable with the feel of the game. I also see something about ET Legacy, so should I download that too?

Attached: IMG_0423.png (999x657, 882K)

The sten had higher accuracy but made a bit less dmg. The Rifle's kick also reset itself. The Rifle had higher spread of course but made slightly more dmg. The Pistol's recoil did not reset, which is great and not many games do.
A different topic:
ET had probably the best grenade cooking in any fps game till this day. How you could adjust the time of detonation and range by altering the angle and time of throwing allowed for perfect execution and control. I can't stand this modern insta-throw/flip with a shitty colorful direction indicator. Nades are mostly useless but in ET they are a pain in the ass specially in the hands of an spamming engineer.

TFC also had a good one but the physics were far more simplistic.
It also drove that game's skill ceiling way high since it made part of grenade jumping.

Also don't get me started how great the rifle grenade launcher is. Haven't seen a game were it was implemented like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=0DzNOiJKun0
>grenade jumping
In ET it's mostly used on tj servers if you really can't manage a jump.

>Any tips for a beginner?
Try to help with the objective and don't fight meaningless fights on the other side of the map. It's been years since I played this so I can't answer your other questions.

Thanks, I'm reading up on the objectives of each map. What's a good starting class to pick?

medic or smg engineer

Medic is probably the most useful one. They can heal themselves and others and don't require map knowledge like some other classes.

>Activision will never release ET on Steam to jump start the community again, because ET is open source and has no loot boxes.

>Nades are mostly useless but in ET they are a pain in the ass specially in the hands of an spamming engineer.

I loved the grenade launcher in ET to death, learnt all the tricks to make enemies cry with it by bouncing grenades on every possible wall to reach behind their covers. It was so delightful to shoot grenade in the sky for it to land on the snipers hiding over at the hills far back.

Attached: 1553853348634.jpg (247x252, 9K)

Also Activision has CoD to milk normies with
ET would be competition with themselves
Not that CoD and ET are in any way comparable, but you can't have 3 games from the same publisher occupying the same space.
youtube.com/watch?v=tsgO_m2srZ0

>lean doesn't have an animation so you can look behind corners without exposing yourself
and the scrimlords actually defend this, renouncing the mod that fixes this.

I never got truly good with it, but those long range rifle grenade shots were really satisfying to land.

because etpro > all other mods even though this one thing noquarter did right

OLD CITY LOST! RECLAIM IT! DEFEND ZHE OLD CITY WALLS!

always played only the sniper town maps, good times. shame its just bots now...

Has an axis team ever managed to defend both radars? Even the shittiest allied team could inevitably get past that part.

There's still some servers according to Splatterladder. Bots filtered.

Attached: file.png (1614x473, 261K)

why has no one replicated this type of gameplay?

Yeah but you need a team who knows how to communicate and how to rotate

On the few pubs that are active nowadays everyone that's left is a pretty good player, so the games are much closer normally than they were years ago

Bots absolutely not filtered. Look it up yourself in-game. They're all filled with bots. There's 2-3 servers who get players at certain hours

F|A & Hirntot have no bots
TeamMuppet usually only at night

Okay, in that case the servers don't report bots correcty.

God damn this bring back so many memories, this was my shit
I wish this game was still semi alive and not 'alive' by some discord servers

It actually hurts thinking about how much I miss this game, my friends and I actually had hope Overwatch would fill the gaps in our souls.

We were very, very wrong

>I actually had hope Overwatch would fill the gaps in our souls.

This hole on your soul will never leave, ET was the best and always will be

>sprint to the objective using all your stamina
>pause the match
>do /vid_restart
>you now have full stamina
>sprint away as fast as you can

>set sv_fps to 100 (on the server)
>the flamethrower now has 5x the range

>make binds to toggle client FPS between 1 and 125
>jump, set FPS to 1, throw satchel charge, set FPS to 125
>a satchel charge is dropped but you keep it in your hand instead of switching to the detonator, allowing you to place multiple

There was also some exploit that allowed you to spawn an indestructible corpse by blowing yourself up with a com_maxfps 1 bind, and if you put this corpse in front of a truck or a tank it would refuse to move forward, but I can't remember how it worked.

Back in the day we ran our own scrim server with a server-side mod that let you godmode and teleport around and get infinite ammo and stuff if you knew a secret password, then played shitty IRC scrims on it. Those were the days.

it is fascinating how such a simple concept can be such a good game. nothing since then has ever come close in terms of pure FPS fun.

Was there ever a confirmation that capping your fps at 76, 125, or 333 actually did anything in the engine? I think those are the right numbers

PUHRRRRRRRRROOOOOTECT

ZHEEE

GAULD

CRRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYTE

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 2.02M)

No idea, capped it at 76 just in case.

I played Overwatch semi-seriously (well, just the ranked ladder) around launch and there was a surprising amount of old ET players there. Some of them even tried going espurts, for instance mAus was in some espurts team playing Reinhardt of all things. I imagine they were all just as disappointed as I was.

They definitely did. It applies to all idTech 3 games. Some sort of floating point errors that work in your favour for jump distance, though in more recent games it's been fixed so that you always get a constant (usually 125fps or so) jump distance regardless of your client FPS. ET has this too, it's the cvar /pmove_fixed, but it fucks with your accuracy because it breaks the recoil calculations so you shouldn't use it.

71fps is best for sniping by the way, minimizing the recoil on the K43.

youtube.com/watch?v=6VLM9paFf1M
YANKS KRAUTS TANKS BANKS TRUCKS GOOOOOOLLLLD

Same reason(s) no one replicated classic Starsiege Tribes, the gameplay mechanics don't "fit the mold" and possibly the learning curve is too high for the game to be able to grab people's attention among the 246 other MP games they could be playing, that are designed more and from the ground up to provide players instant gratification.

yes, specially 43 fps made you jump further and reduced recoil, 71 reduced recoil too

Why would anyone go through the process of actually investing time and dedication to make quality when you can just churn out the latest Battle-Hero-Ultra-Medal-Champion-Royale ADS shooter and milk normies with lootboxes and pink skins?

Why was this game free? I have no idea if they even tried to make a profit.

I think it originally started as a mod for RTCW. When it was picked up by id/Activision, I guess they just kept it free. I might be wrong, but feel free to correct me.

So splash damage went from this...to quake wars...then brink

Originally planned as an priced expansion to rtcw, it was later released for free because it was unbalanced and broken/unpatched. And back in the day patches were a pain in the ass to get/download unlike today, because everything was still on CD. Splashdamage got the job to make ET after they were hired to make RTCW multiplayer maps which were really successful so they got the job. Community mods such as etpro then later fixed a lot of issues similar to what ETLEgacy is been doing lately.

then Dirty Bomb which was ok
>quake wars
that was a weird crossover

That's interesting, I never really thought about it that much. Me and my friends got into this because it was free and very polished for a free game.

Dirty bomb is literally Brink but re textured so Bethesda dont sue.

And its got all the same problems

>playing low grav panzer server
>amazing at mental math
>nail trajectory hits with poison knives eight out of ten times
It was a blast

Yeah because it was later patched and modded. Had they had the opportunity like today to have day 1 patch it would probably not have gone f2p. You probably played a mod and not the base game.

It was supposed to be an expansion pack for RtCW but it got canceled so for some bizarre reason Activision actually allowed them to release the multiplayer portion (which was mostly finished at the time of cancelation) for free. Would never happen today.

Right, there was actually a single player campaign planned. They cancelled it because of CoD.

>played game in early days
>remember when first mods started rolling in
>64 player servers
>absolute unbalanced mayhem because vanilla maps weren't designed for that
>Fuel Dump
>germans can't even leave their first spawn because they're surrounded by 32 fucking people
>airstrike, mortar and bazooka spam
>Gibs, gibs flying everywhere
Gud times, also fuck flamethrowers.

Most of the servers were running ETpub when I started, so I think that's what I played.

Wait shit, it was Allies that spawned in a fucking shack next to a tank. Allies were the ones getting gangraped.

The base game was actually fairly finished. The early mods were mostly server-side stuff to help with administration, add killing spree sounds, hit sounds, etc. The two patches (2.56 and 2.60) mostly contained bug- and exploit fixes.

That gameplay is pure ass. It was good 2 decades ago when games were still in the stoneage gameplay wise.

Minas Tirith.... home

Attached: 42mml_minastirith_fp31[1].jpg (800x600, 221K)

kys zoomer

Attached: 57894678.jpg (461x394, 67K)

Now THAT map was fun playing on 48+ player servers

The gameplay is pure ADHD zoomer shit. Literally non stop sprinting and spamming the fire button. Even the """"""pros""""" in the videos are spamming around corners and wildly shooting in plenty of those clips.

>Literally non stop sprinting
nope
>and spamming the fire button
lmao nope, this isn't overwatch with infinite ammo
>are spamming around corners
yeah, that's what you do in those games
>wildly shooting
lmao imagine being this wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=mIN4gfXyDrI

Comfiest map coming through

Attached: latest[1].jpg (800x600, 315K)

>That satisfying feeling when you finally got good with mortar.

Attached: 46u39063490680.png (659x609, 66K)

Wow a guy holding down lmb and wiggling his mouse, epic gameplay

>railgun

Attached: 1562301618608.jpg (272x245, 72K)

>quake-ish arena shooter is zoomer shit

Attached: 1440848018564.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

>jumps into your bunker with flamethrower
pshhh, nothing personel kiddo

>fps basics
why are you itt faggot

To talk shit about the outdated gameplay, pay attention.

Covert ops were cool and it was funny when you take the time to stare at enemies and recognize they're enemies from their faces.

>et
>arena shooter
not him but that's wrong
>quake-ish
it's basically quake with only machine guns and a team instead of duel

Its quake but with objectives and classes. Basically TF2 on steroids.
>friendly fire is off
>your teammates jumps on you while you're spamming mortar

>moving mouse
>outdated gameplay
based retard troll

How many populated servers are there right now, boomerlard?

They should get on with the times and add some resource meters to manage while you spam through build menus.

for starters it has dedicated servers retard. how many servers does fortnite have?

>when you see your medic running around with sten

Attached: 1415373624052.png (797x726, 111K)

You don't know how many populated servers there are because you don't even play the game because it has 500 year old outdated gameplay. Just a dumb nostalgia thread like all the others.

ETQW is objectively better.

based retard bringing in the retardpill

Attached: 46868.png (800x533, 418K)

So is the answer 0 populated servers?

>game is older than half of Yea Forums
>"the servers aren't populated anymore so it's shit"
big genius

ET plays remarkably similar to TF2 and Overwatch, just with more down-to-earth weaponry (read: fewer rockets). The core gameplay isn't dated in the slightest. Bringing it to today's standards would just require minor tweaks to movement acceleration and the gunplay (eg. aimpunch) to make it feel snappier.

It was so good it killed the series. Still i liked it.

Theres 40 unique IPs and Im the only one shitting on the game, enough to fill a server. But you dont play games here. This board is for pretending everything old was made by god, and everything new was made by stalin's ghost rising from his grave and inhabiting a purple haired hambeast

He is a retard troll. Stop responding.

You dont have to reply to me for me to reply to you. Silly boomerlard

I played it a fuckton 400 years ago when it was new, and I played it for years after it was old as fuck. All you STUPID FAGGOTS need to do is post a server in this thread and say "join up you stupid faggots" but none of you actually play videogames

>but none of you actually play videogames
Is this news to you?

Dirty Bomb is the last in the series.

No, which is why it's so easy to shit on you retards reminiscing about your dead game.

Played like 2 years on same server. We had like 5-6 different "clans" on server. Fcking good times. Et kapoks legends or some shit was server name

dynamite plan--DYNAMITE DEFUSED

Attached: 1555121139450.png (284x240, 95K)

Yea ForumsT game nights might be nice though. Maybe we should try that some time.

I like this idea

Anyone remember the stupid binoculars infinite grenade spam?

Fuck nights, do it all day. Spam it, let random stragglers know about it during the day and play 2v2 till the wagie faggots come home and fill it up. Youre on right now, instead of working, post a server

>Youre on right now, instead of working
But that's where you're wrong. I'm at work.

Ya stop doing that and post a server. Right now, or ill stop bumping your thread. I'll do it. Don't make me.

This is the greatest frag in the history of competitive shooters. Based Drago.

SENSATIONAL

i had so much fun with mortar in this game, at some point you started learning the choke points and just raked in the kills.

Damn I miss her too OP.

Fuck that was such a good game.

Attached: IMG_0707.png (680x637, 431K)

for me, its siwa oasis

>landmine clusterfuck

youtube.com/watch?v=1qiriQsOjjI

>posting oldschool shit
youtube.com/watch?v=QDYBKFY85VU

Attached: 1562242451036.jpg (250x241, 7K)