There's something that's always bugged me that nobody brings up when talking about Devil May Cry...

There's something that's always bugged me that nobody brings up when talking about Devil May Cry. What's up with Dante's scumbag aura? Everyone who spends like a day and a half with him ends up turning into some wahoo pizzalord just like him. Trish starts off as a stoic demon, now she's a scheister. Lady was an edgy teen and now she's a goober who loves pizza. Is already a dork on his own but I'm sure if he spent a week with Dante he'd be chomping down pizza like a champ

Attached: tumblr_paabqikpob1toyhoro1_400.png (400x233, 76K)

V E R G I L

Attached: EBWibsEUwAAEI6F.jpg (2048x1536, 473K)

Dante is the cooler older brother stoner whose vibes infect everyone he hangs out with for an extended period of time. Together in hell, Vergil is now being domesticated into being a pizza hog.

>Vergil is now being domesticated
Hot.

I guarantee Vergil will come back with some embarrassing addiction to a food. Something like cherry pie to go along with Dante's Sundae
>"Please, I would never eat something so pedestrian as a, ugh, strawberry sundae" he said as he plopped a piece of diner pie in his mouth.

It's called having a good influence on people

I would NOT call Dante a good influence... Then again he doesn't smoke or swear or drink...

I initially avoided the games because I had the impression Dante is an edgy scum. I didn't realize it was done in a comedic manner with a wacky woohoo attitude.

If the game was more along the former design then it would be crap. Having every new character turn into a brodude-type person is more amusing than everybody turning into an emo posse.

It's going to be tea. We're going to see Vergil sipping tea while fighting demons like Bingo wanted Nero to.

Attached: 1564355582815.jpg (439x2193, 1.15M)

>My tastes are more refined that yours, brother
Proceeds to eat a quiche with his fork and knife like a civilized gentleman, while Dante scarfs down his domino's pizza

>I had the impression Dante is an edgy scum
I'm sorry user that your first exposure to DMC was the Reboot version
FUCK DmC
FUCK DONTE
FUCK NINJA THEORY AND CAPCOM HIGHER UPS
FUCK INAFUNE
FUCK Dinofags

>doesn't swear
Pretty sure bitch and shit count as swearing.

Bingo
>moonwalks with Dr.Faust

>Dante doesn't drink
one of the first things you see in the first game of the series is his desk littered with bottles of booze

Yeah in 5, 1-4 he's got a clean mouth
Tea is too reasonable, it's gotta be something goofy for Vergil. Like Ice cream sandwiches

Dante is an international treasure.
Donte on the other hand...

Have you ever seen him pour it or drink anything alcoholic ever? Even in the anime?

>want to get into the series
>really not liking the first game at all
Now to be fair I may have enjoyed it at the time, but right now it just feels like a half baked action game shoved into a scrapped RE demo. Not quite what I was expecting

It was actually 3 for me. I was really against the "shirtless edgy weeb design" back then. I didn't know the game was corny. Now I regret it.

I vote poptarts for Vergil

Ignore 2 (it's bad) and go with 3, 4 then 5

Honestly? Start at 3. 1 is a good game but it is obviously old, hell I haven't even played 1. 3 is where everything gets fleshed out, the characters, the gameplay. Play 1 at the end of your dmc journey if you feel like it.

why the fuck would he have bottles and a fucking bar in his shop if he doesn't drink? do you need to see him down a bottle of whiskey on screen to be sure he does? do you have the logical reasoning of a toddler?

why would you bother giving people advice on a game you haven't even played

It was literally part of the character's creation. I think it was Kamiya that said that they wanted Dante to be an action hero that doesn't smoke, drink, or swear.

Because he's on Yea Forums.

I've played 1 I just haven't beaten it. I'm not a fan of early RE style games and the combo system isn't as fleshed out as I want it to be in a DMC game.

3 is where the current director started working on the series, the earlier games are basically unrelated to the current series