*single-handedly redefines the genre, creates the horror suburban sandbox while delivering jaw-dropping visuals*

*single-handedly redefines the genre, creates the horror suburban sandbox while delivering jaw-dropping visuals*

Attached: file.png (620x606, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYf-EsadU7I
twitter.com/goodbyecomputer/status/1153245958018424833?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=Ceh5_LoU9HM
youtube.com/watch?v=iKgXKpfm5Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=TBlp-e3N_fo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*sells like shit and is forgotten forever within a month of release*

>creates the horror suburban sandbox
>the game constantly bounces between the more open areas and linear areas
They should've gone with one or the other. Game was a mess.

I never played the game but i really like the ordinary world cover

youtube.com/watch?v=eYf-EsadU7I

great game
3rd installment when

Gods I fucking loved tew2. Beat that shit and went right back for a 2nd play. Still trying to work through classic mode for the last unlocks, up to father theos areas but I'm getting rekt in the jail area. Seen people speedrun that bit by abusing the AI though I'm trying to not copy others.

2 was a downgrade from 1 in every possible way

This.

Burgerized garbage. Lost all of its atmosphere and old kidman better than dumb as shit kiddy kidman.

I saw a case full of this game at 6 dollars a pop

Why it did not seem well?? It's a decent game

It came out 3 years after the last one so the hype wasn’t as high. It also came out the same month as assassins creed origins, Mario odyssey, destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2.

Hopefully after Ghostwire.

Attached: 8e66c3f3ded6d2ee16d40f61748ef0b0.jpg (236x370, 17K)

while I really liked 2 I enjoyed the wild ride and mind fuckery of the first one more.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.13 - 18.33.16.21.jpg (3440x1440, 1018K)

I liked the camera monster a lot. Rest of the game was just ok, I'm in the camp that prefers the first one too but I don't think this was godawful or anything.

No Ruvik, therefore not as good as the first one.
Really hoping they release a third and that it goes back to his crazy shenanigans.

The Kino Within

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.13 - 18.04.19.31.jpg (3440x1440, 759K)

This, and the first one was solid at best to begin with

Loved the game, story, atmosphere, visuals, etc.
But it didn't really deliver on the "suburban sandbox" aspect. It could have used one or two more town areas the size of the first one.

They should have kept the whole thing linear like the first. The “open” world added absolutely nothing and was only added for western appeal.

The suburban areas were the peak for me. I wish they had more of then throughout the game with a few more tools to make exploration and dealing with enemies a bit more interesting. The big fire guys and linear industrial areas were the lowest point of the game. They should have stuck with the early enemy design themes and expanded upon them with more grotesque creatures later in the game.

This is what happens when you don't activate windows, Hans

whats the explanation for the cum monster?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.16 - 19.19.28.80.jpg (3440x1440, 1012K)

In all ways bar performance, yes

Kidman was by far the best thing about 2

But I still prefer her in 1

Attached: 1561314263792.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

The game creates the monster checking your browser history

This game has the horrible problem of not being very scary however.

I really can't deal with horror games but I'm thinking of going back to try Evil Within again, this time with cheat engine. There's just too much kino storytelling I need to see.

I hope there will be a third and final one with a happy ending and no cliffhanger.

I live-streamed both of these games the same week. Both I and the audience agreed that Evil Within 2, although fun, was less scary and less fun than the first.

The open world didn't ad anything to the genre and there was just some weird jankyness with a lot of the enemies and that one random women NPC that is literally the ONLY NPC you find in the game that's not one of the soldiers.

Also too much back and forth to get shit.

>I hope there will be a third and final one with a happy ending and no cliffhanger.

The 2nd one had a happy ending though? Also if you find all the collectable slides it's revealed that Joseph is still alive and working deep undercover in another operation somewhere.

Most likely the 3rd is going to star him, which is find as Joseph is fucking based.

The most fun I had was with the dlc
The one where you don't have weapons. Can't remember the name. There were some bug tall monsters with lanterns for heads

I quit halfway.

The camera was shit, the gunplay was shit, the first boss should've been the main one. The fucking MC runs like a obese piece of shit with lung cancer.

This. I liked exploring the town more than the rest of the game. It felt like Silent Hill 1

Hm, I wonder why it's like that

Attached: 198X.jpg (837x678, 100K)

Check this shit twitter.com/goodbyecomputer/status/1153245958018424833?s=19

Does a lot of things better than the first but equally a lot of things worse.
A perfect TEW3 would manage to merge the pros of both and trim the cons.

Just my meaningless two cents

Attached: 1558621986625.jpg (500x398, 30K)

They went too far with the Silent Hill vibe. TEW1 paid homage to it, TEW2 tries to be it, while simultaneously trying to juggle the RE1/RE4 feel TEW1 had, and it doesn't quite manage it. They got greedy and tried to broaden the audience, and it worked, but fans of TEW1 who wanted more of the same were left hungry.

Case in point

Attached: MQ90iJs.jpg (1040x585, 70K)

Yeah the handling of bosses was fucking weird.

The first one was really good, but the rest were absolute shit, and then they just wound up turning every boss into a common enemy anyway.

It felt like the only "real" boss in the game was the camera monster which pretty sure was broken because the AI seemed to know exactly where I was no matter what.

Then the rehash of all the bosses from Evil Within 1....Really just felt lazy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-184920.png (1080x2160, 501K)

>The open world didn't ad anything to the genre
Reee, two slightly open areas don't make it an open world. And it did add something. Exploring the first area with just a pistol with 5 bullets, no upgrades, and entering houses without knowing what to expect was one the scariest part of the game.
Also, ressource management in a linear game where you're bound to find 90% of the said ressources and fight the same number of enemies as every other player is pointless.

That's criminal. Why is this gem so underrated?

>without knowing what to expect was one the scariest part of the game.

yeah but then about an hour into it you realized there wasn't much there except for zombies. The first area was all hype with no delivery.

Also, I consider the open world as being able to explore and/or go back to any available area in the game at any time, which you could. Come at me.

>retards acting like Mikami was involved with TEW2

I fucking hate The Evil Within 1. Is TEW2 better?

The first one was really janky, and campy. Also had a lot of sci-fi story elements that are going to turn off the average normie.

Most people just want big monsters and jump scares.

That's why the 2nd one was more streamlined as far as story goes.

What did you not like about EW? Depending on your answer will determine if you like EW2 or not.

I literally choked on my coffee when it happened. Wish more games were doing these types of goofy easter eggs.

pfff

Attached: 1548874472433.jpg (481x401, 36K)

He was the only thing that kept me interested. The mystery around him and the way he left his murders breathed life into the game.
I thought for sure that he was working for Ruvik or something.

Attached: Stefano.jpg (1200x1763, 291K)

Oh boy, "zombies" in the suburbs. What a unique concept for a setting that can be literally anything.

>you are the best, detective Castellanos
>YEAAH, I'm bretty good !
Nurse shooting stand is the best therapy ever

What happened to that black guy?

Attached: 1564386522744.jpg (576x768, 49K)

Why you are staring at my ass Seb?

Attached: 1559911787598.png (483x810, 557K)

Anyone else feel like the voice acting was a whole lot better in the first game? Something about it in 2 just feels cheap

I felt the opposite. I thought his gimmick was neat, but his backstory was shallow "muh art" typical serial killer shit.

Ruvik was interesting because his end goal and the origin of how he developed a god complex both made him an interesting character.

>Also had a lot of sci-fi story elements that are going to turn off the average normie.

>Most people just want big monsters and jump scares.

These points are completely wrong.

Seb was fucking awful, no idea why they changed his character direction. I thought everyone else was mostly fine.

Did you read the thread? It's obvious that sequel is rushed garbage

No official sales numbers have been released.

Because it's really nice, Kidman. what can I say?

Anyone else notice that Juli Kidman is more Jill Valentine then Jill is now?

Even if he got out, the chip i his head probably killed him like every other employee.

Fuck off, autist, it was great

This times a thousand. The story was so bad and was overly focused on. Seb's new VA was dogshit as well. Meme half-baked open world was juice that wasn't worth the squeeze. The double down on crafting was fucking awful while also nerfing the crossbow because each bolt had a unique part required to craft it so you really couldn't have that much fun with it. Enemies were even more spastic and made headshots more difficult. I missed the matches mechanic for burning those assholes. Stefano was the only good villain and should have stayed the main one for the whole game. He could have been so great if expanded upon more. Instead we get nigga priest who is immediately forgettable with his retarded and generic fire dudes. Then they throw Myra at you which at that point I had tuned out the garbage fire story. Probably the biggest disappointment for me though was the art downgrade. The first game looked amazing and had a real visceral style with nice lighting. 2 is just so fucking sterile and washed out grey western trash. You can just really tell Mikami was barely involved with the game. Had none of his magic.

Maybe you're the autist because you thought it was great

>(((Kidman)))

Attached: 1557942337554.png (497x593, 6K)

No they aren't. Your average normie can't handle scifi concepts above Star Wars.

Based. I was so looking forward to 2 but the VA, and shitty "open world" mechanics made it annoying to play through. I played on nightmare difficulty the first time round and still found it much easier than TEW1's survival difficulty.

Wrong. You are being one of these "I like these things so I'm going to pretend that normies don't like them" mentally ill boomer anons.

He was hinted at being present wasn't he? As in his mind was still in the STEM machine...
I'm certain it's suggested he's returning at the very end of the game

>Now
When is "now"? Shes been out of franchise for a decade

>play tew1
>cutscenes constantly
>controls suck
>poor combat
>laughable upgrades
>quit after cutscene where he jumps off a bridge with zombies

>try tew2 demo
>walking sim in museum
>dio brando wannabe with camera
>remember running down a hall
>never got a weapon
>dude crafting lmao

Attached: 19069447487.jpg (712x720, 79K)

Interstellar is the number 1 movie among normalfags.

>redefines the genre
Didn't SH Downpour do the same "semi-open world" schtick?
>jaw-dropping visuals
m8 it looked like the same console garbage as everything else, shit looks almost exactly like fucking Last of Us remastered.
I don't get why you fucking zoomers pretend Evil Within is anything but mediocre compared to just about anything else in the survival horror genre.

The rehash wasn't a rehash at all. It was clearly done it such a way which made sense (Sebastian's past traumas being used against him) and it was a good way to show Sebastian forgiving himself and finding his inner strength to keep going and save his daughter.

>cutscenes constantly
That's the second game though. People actually complained the first game had too little story which I thought it was better off for doing so.

Pleb

>no u
No, you

You nostalgia fag full of shit, i played both one after another and second one better.

>cutscenes constantly
You must have been playing TEW2

She looks weird as hell in 2. Like she's sick from a disease or something

Weird way to write Dead Space

play the first game on akumu Yea Forums

Don't expect a moron like user to understand that

People who prefer EW2 over EW1 are the same people who think DaS2 is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ceh5_LoU9HM
> 3:58:06
youtube.com/watch?v=iKgXKpfm5Tg
> 3:49:48

OH NO NO NO

>i need your help outside
>what no way it's straight up evil out there
>remember there is evil within too

Attached: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (408x408, 31K)

Never
Story in over. Mobius is dead.

>Das2
What's that, an ice-cream

>expect the next Silent Hill
>get a die and repeat and memorize gore simulator

>tfw no Dead Space 4 never ever

Attached: 1565191712668.png (320x287, 107K)

Still waiting for the DLC with that black guy you help getting stuck in a deeper part of the system

sometimes this game was crazy scary...

>it's a "Video Game Movie" that actually includes multiple gameplay sequences episode
You're not gonna fool anyone with that.

Attached: 1563618552364.gif (480x360, 794K)

Kek

Yeah, that good one, especially when they look directly in camera at you, hilarious.

Both games were 6/10 tier at best

3 should have Kidman and Joesoh stopping Ruvik once and for all

>EA ruining the third with microtransactions, co-op and shit
>Ellie becoming a dumb bimbo for no reason
FUCK, it still hurts

I'd love it if they made a TEW3- keeping best parts of TEW1 like matches with cool TEW2 locations.

>dick gets hard halfway into the bossfight at all her moaning
>Have to pause the game and fap
I fucking love this game Bros

Attached: reiko-hirashima-tew2-obscura-02.jpg (1920x1651, 411K)

>5% of getting out, but you will probably be stuck in metaphorical hell instead
That was the scariest thing in that game

No one gives a shit about your stream or your dipshit audience of 11 yr olds. Go fucking die thanks.

Mad at user for having a slightly more fulfilling life than yours, aren't we?

The Ellie shit hurt a lot since if you're going to have coop, why not play as Isaac and her. But nope, gotta introduce generic mcbuzz cut, can't play as a girl! Make her tits twice as big, make her stupid, make the plot seeped in relationship/ntr drama where she whines at you for not accepting her comically evil, asshole boyfriend.

Was someone at EA cucked? Like goddamn, Ellie in 2 and Ellie in 3 are night and fucking day.

Seriously. It would be interesting to see if the whole game was surreal like the ending parts of the previous games.

That alone says it all.

A jumbled mess of ideas, retarded upgrade system, trial and error segments, tons of little shit that built up that out weighed the stuff that was good.

It objectively looks worst than the first. Wth are you talking about? No wonder why you all love RE7 with such a terrible standard

>Fulfilling
>streaming
>evil within

What kinda mush brain sandwich did you just slap together?

Guy you're replying to is right on that point. You just assume otherwise because you think western=more cutscenes. You've been brainwashed by Yea Forums.
TEW 2 did have a better story, better dialogues, and characters that have emotions. But it had less cutscenes that take control away.
TEW 1 had parts where every 5 minutes there would be a cutscene where Ruvik throws Sebastian to another area, or where Sebastian sees something strange and says "What...the...".
It was worse than Max Payne 3.

itt: salty edgelords who bring nothing to the table
by today's standards, both games are fantastic
inb4 silent hill 2
inb4 dead space

>TEW2 did have a better story
lol no, MUH DAUGHTER is so fucking played out

Maybe it looks like a mix between Escher's and Bosch's paintings. With lots of very, very creepy monsters.

>better story, better dialogues, and characters that have emotions
lmao

EW2 is the exact same.
Just don't bother and go play REmake 2.

you forgot
>*still didn't sell*

They probably thought it would appeal to teenagers, or something. Absolute retardation. Imagine the same approach applied to Silent Hill, or Parasite E...
>third birthday

Fug

>I might be drinking piss but hey at least its not shit amirite
Its ok to enjoy a shit game user but don't let your fragile ego and insecurity override the fact that EW is a shit horror series not only by today's standards but any kind of standards.

Imagine being this buttblasted

The Crossbow was shit in this game. It was amazing in the first

>YOUR MOM IS GONNA HATE THIS GAME XD marketing for 2
I think you're right, I think they were trying to really do anything to hit broad market appeal.

What a dumb reply. Yeah I'm upset that Dead Space 3 sucked, anyone with taste would be disappointed in that game.

You are objectively right, but let the retarded brainlets seethe.

>better dialogue
>"Kidman, my daughter! Daughter! D-d-d-d-d-d-aughter."

take your own advice
accepting that this game is decent by today's standards won't lower your mangus opus from their pedestal
the horror genre is too snobbish

If it sold well then this wouldn't be the case.

The camera boss was cool but that was it. I felt like the peak boss in the series was Kidman's in that DLC

>mfw re4 remake comes out to reclaim the throne for another 10-15 years

Attached: 1963674828.jpg (500x403, 47K)

Oh boy, I upgraded to holding 4 matches instead of 3!

>tew1 dialogs
>Ruviiiik?! What's going on HELP ME haaaaa
We can both play this game

Fpbp

/thread

I will admit my language is a little exaggerated but lets both be honest- the horror genre in vidya is pretty dang small and there's not a whole lot of games that fall between god-tier and shit.
EW is mediocre and I personally never cared much for the series as anything other than a competent time waster. It has a lot of issues that have to do with malformed concepts and half-assed implementation of them and the real shame is if they had divorced themselves from adhering to the buzzwords that define most AAA game titles these days it could've been a better game for it. Doesnt help that they desperately wanted it to just be a rehash of RE4 which is easily the least-horror RE game and also mediocre.

>RE4
>mediocre
You are weird, my man

Ew isn't good by any standard, it doesnt even have a run animation that doesnt look like the dude shit his pants.

Which is a retarded strategy. But we really can only blame their execs and their overly inflated selling objectives for it. They can't imagine that simply making good games andcrespecting your target audience is more profitable in the long run than butchering a franchise in an attempt at pandering to everyone - which ends up pleasing no one instead

Not him - Re4 is a fabulous game, but it still disappointed me for not being the pinnacle of horror I was expecting at first.

I just preferred the setup of the classic-style REs in gameplay.RE4 is only RE in name only and is more of a pure TPS with some vague horror themes and aesthetic. Doesn't help that it lead to RE5 and 6 being the complete dumpsterfires that ruined RE until 7 was released and capcom realized they should go more back to basics instead of trying to follow the RE4 formula of QTEs and le wacky quips.
Its ultimately a personal thing but I'll just say I thoroughly enjoyed playing RE1-3+the remakes and 7 more than 4.

>blaming RE4 for RE5 and 6
Meh, I'd rather just blame capcom instead of pointing fingers at a good video game.

Because I can

Attached: The Evil Within_20190610212650.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Indeed, but RE4 selling bazillions made them believe that people had enough of good horror and wanted action movies instead, which is wrong

Yes, it is Capcom's fault, but you cannot plug your ears and act like RE4 didn't lead to a shitload of bad choices for the franchise just because of your personal attachment to it.
Its just not the pinnacle of gaming everyone on Yea Forums acts like it is let alone the pinnacle of horror games. Neither is SH2 for that matter but that's another diatribe.

>but you cannot plug your ears and act like Capcom didn't lead to a shitload of bad choices for the franchise

Fixed that for you. Why should I act like a video game is responsible for the actions of human beings?

Ruvik is still alive.

This. I was expecting the third game announcement at E3 but it's still a bit early for that. The studio wants to do games for another franchise too. Ghostwire might be good.

Why didn't Mobius just kill Leslie in the real world?

Attached: 1365377500975.jpg (400x399, 93K)

>LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LET ME BE AN AUTISTIC RETARD AND COMPLETELY MISS YOUR POINT
Because not recognizing what external factors lead to how humans behave just makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Attached: Regret regret regret regret despair.png (183x174, 6K)

I heard you, I just dont agree with you. I'm not going to blame RE4 for RE5 being a bad game. Thats like me blaming CV3 for Code Veronica and RE0 being bad games.

They wanted to find the source of the problem, not killing their golden egg.

Never mind I misread

>Thats like me blaming CV3 for Code Veronica and RE0 being bad games.
Except it isn't because the development choices for those games weren't influenced by CV3. as far as I am aware of.
So we're back to square 1 of you being a fucking moron because your ego can't handle anything bad being said about RE4 in any capacity.

>Except it isn't because the development choices for those games weren't influenced by CV3.
The developmental choices in Code Veronica were absolutely influenced by RE2. Not sure why the fuck I wrote CV3 there.

Also RE0 was heavily influenced by RE1. This has never been a secret. Does that mean we need to blame RE1 for RE0? Thats retarded.

You should spend less time spazzing out and more time thinking critically about where to direct your anger, because it makes you look uninformed.

I liked the second game too, but there were too many resources. I was drowning in health and ammo near the end. And I hated that you could pause to craft ammo, medkits and heal during boss fights, making them much easier. Stealth was too useful. Should have gotten rid of the recharging coffee stations that give full health back.

How about you learn to fucking type correctly instead of being an autistic fucking spazz?
So you'll recognize that RE1 lead to the mediocre garbagefire that is RE0 but you can't handle the fact that an already mediocre game like RE4 lead to the complete disasters of 5 and 6?
For someone talking about "critical thinking" you sure as shit don't employ any yourself.

Calm the fuck down autismo, you obviously knew what I meant and you even fucking typed CV3 so I'm not sure what the fuck you're so upset about.

>So you'll recognize that RE1 lead to the mediocre garbagefire that is RE0
How can you miss the point this hard? How are you this fucking stupid?

Honestly, a Silent Hill game in this style could almost work.

Downpour was pretty bad.

What was it?

The series is hardly feels scary.

see

What was so shit about ew2 crossbow? it seemed alright to me. Did good damage to tough enemies and insta-killed weaker ones. Trap arrows worked as traps. The smoke arrows made stealth kills even easier to abuse on certain enemies.

an ass fit for paddy desu

>A casualized version of the first game.
>Only a couple good parts
Stop praising this game as something its not. Its a solid 7/10 not bad but ill never play it again game.

Can we all just take a moment to recognize that this thread managed to trigger the one fucking autist who actually thinks EW series the pinnacle of horror gaming this fucking hard?

Attached: 1396046049859.png (376x310, 74K)

Downpour's underrated as fuck

I guess, I dunno man. I thought it was pretty underwhelming and the type of game that got worse the longer it went on.

Only played the first 30min or so but does it get better? I enjoyed the first game but this feels like such a slog. Too much plot and none of the charm of a RE game.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBlp-e3N_fo
The best part of the game.

It's all pretty good honestly

Attached: The Evil Within_20141019152424.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

>waaaaah how dare you recognize that RE4 is a mediocre game that lead to some complete shitpiles and point out that I can't fucking type or even construct an argument
So your point in defense of RE4 leading to 5 and 6 which were also trash, is by recognizing that RE0 was trash and influenced by RE1... which doesn't matter somehow because your autistic ass just adores RE4 and cant believe it was in the end an average TPS that ruined RE for nearly a decade.
Good job retard.

No, I'm saying if you want to criticize 4, actually criticize it, don't post stupid shit like ITS RE4'S FAULT THAT RE5 AND 6 WERE BAD. That's retarded. That's like saying its RE1's fault that RE0 is bad. That's RETARDED, because if that was the case then RE2 and 3 should have also been bad.

You sound like some contrarian retard. RE4 has plenty of flaws, no need to be a goddamn moron about criticizing the game.

Attached: 1548381318.dullvivid_catchley.png (1900x2415, 1.73M)

This but the opposite. The first evil within was shit especially the levels towards the end and the story was always shit for this retard

We've got Steam leaks though. This turd sold 350k on PC, its a flop.

basically his wife's servant, was just looking around for his daughter

Hes probably stoked anyone's even talking about that forgettable mess. I was pumped for this game expecting a true re4 successor.

ITT: the horror snob mafia
in 10 years they will be talking about TEW like it was the second coming of jesus, but now they have to sound knowledgeable

Attached: file.png (355x65, 3K)

The original contention wasn't to critique RE4 but to talk about its negative influences but your retard ass can't fucking see that. Jesus christ how the fuck do you get "RE4 is garbage because it lead to 5 and 6" from all this?
I wasn't talking about RE4 itself at all regardless of how fucking average it was.

Beats being a tasteless zoomer that actively sucks the cock of a shit game because you don't know any better.

Everybody who agrees with this post is a dumbass