Can you imagine still playing WoW?

Can you imagine still playing WoW?

This is the simplest DPS class in FFXIV. It has more depth than every single DPS spec in WoW combined.

Attached: sam5.0.png (1200x4176, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

clees.me/guides/ucob/
clips.twitch.tv/GleamingSpinelessSwanSmoocherZ
jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/push/3dbd/
docs.google.com/document/d/1w7s0WFf_2CWTdTSRZrE_hERdfWoIdLhcYPAi2mHf1og/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=0Jnev2mILXs
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/cmp7w4/warning_if_youre_using_triggernometry/
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rdm is the simplest

RDM still has utility that it has to use. SAM is, quite literally, the most braindead DPS. All you focus on is your damage.

I hope you realize that picture is one massive nonsequitur to someone who doesn't play the game
I'm nowhere near convinced this is a good thing

Attached: 1506101658474.png (394x326, 196K)

You can afford to have a hard rotation when your most difficult boss has less mechanics then a current WoW quest mob

Isn't that pretty much all DPS ever?

Remember how literally every world first guild was angry about how shitty Azshara was?

Making a more 'difficult' raid at the cost of quality would be the only thing WoW players could brag about, though.

WoW combat is a vehicle to play around in a fantasy world. JRPGs always get in their own way and make everything magical and autistic. Of course WoW wanted the koreans and chinamen to play so they have ruined their game by filling it with ching chong mechanics. Guild Wars 2 is the best gameplay you can find in an MMO by a country mile.

>RDM utility
Verraise and embolden, right? That really isn't much. I wish they had more.

>Guild Wars 2 is the best gameplay you can find in an MMO by a country mile.

Attached: retarded.jpg (680x1058, 86K)

Being forced to press skills in the exact same sequence is worse than the simon says gameplay of WoW. At least in WoW you can customize your build and skills to a degree to make other things more powerful, which requires adapting. FFXIV is always the same shit and every class feels the same with it's same ass job gauge. Like the biggest think FFXIV requires is making sure you don't waste 0.02 seconds longer weaving your abilities together betweens GCD's. It's absolutely braindead gameplay.

t. someone who plays ffxiv.

>Guild Wars 2 is the best gameplay you can find in an MMO by a country mile.
I remember when I laughed at guild wars 2 for having no build depth or customization and how shallow it was in contrast to Guild Wars 1. Now I wish FFXIV had a quarter of that depth. Still hate GW2 tho.

Attached: 1545920059822.jpg (1204x890, 263K)

>At least in WoW you can customize your build and skills to a degree to make other things more powerful, which requires adapting.

cool post from 2008

>mmo quality is based on the complexity of rotation minigame
haha. you faggits couldnt even raid fucking molten core in casual babby wow classic. you'll be filtered by the fact you need a 3 hour dungeon for attunement, billion hour preraid gear/consume farm and no teleport to instance so you'll waste 1-2h just waiting for all 40 retards to show up in the instance.

That's actually why I prefer WoW, it's a lot more chill and I can turn my brain off and heal pretty easily.

Attached: 1425532433012.gif (200x183, 448K)

I don't know how they recently handle it, but im pretty sure you can still get trinkets and thingies that enhance or change skills. None of that exists in FFXIV and it's even sader when you go into PvP where your entire rotation is consolidated into a single skill that does your entire rotation. You literally press 1 for 20 minutes.

Fucking healers in FF have more complex dps rotations than wow, that’s not an accomplishment

Why do you care about wow, just play your game weeb.

You can customize your kit in 14 though

Change jobs. Boom new skills

>having a set of instructions that's to be followed by literally everyone playing that job and could literally be executed by a bot is "depth"
nigga rapidfire dualwield spellblade has more depth than that

Also, here is a guide for the hardest raid in FFXIV:

clees.me/guides/ucob/

Now try and show me a WoW raid that even comes close to that in terms of complexity and design

Attached: janny.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

If cross class skills were still in the game I would at least have given you that. But they aren't anymore.

It looks daunting on that picture, but in reality it's just 2 combos and a few ogcds, just like every other class. With a proper opener, you press everything on cooldown and in situations when there's downtime or whatever you always already know what's the best course of action. The only class that is probably legit demanding to play is SMN. And even in Wow you have certain classes like Feral Druid which are quite attention intensive.
Also, to me after 3 years, all classes in ff14 are equally boring and so is the whole content release loop.

Yea Forums, is he right about healers who don't try to dps?
clips.twitch.tv/GleamingSpinelessSwanSmoocherZ

if you have like 2 minutes of downtime on each pull where you do nothing because the tank can self sustain then yes. why even play the game if you're just going to be afk and do nothing, which only makes the dungeon take longer? If you're 1-5% away from doing optimal damage I don't care, but at least do anything.

Anyone have more vidual guides like this for 5.0 jobs? I took a very long break due to work so I'm just finishing off SB atm

Attached: DAREKA TASUKETE KUREEEEEEEEE.png (408x294, 253K)

I see repeated abilities in there so, not having played the game, I would hazard a guess the logic that actually governs what you do is spell priority list and that's just how the cooldowns happen to weave together. Indeed, considering GCD values listed, that's probably it.

What's more important however is that "rotation" actually is almost meaningless when it comes to skillful play. Whether it even technically "matters" depends on the game and build (it could well be that a random, or even reverse, priority list would yield 90%+ of theoretical DPS output as long as you are always doing something) but more importantly, "the rotation" is something you always do for hours on end and it really should go to your muscle memory. Doubly so if it really is a rotation rather than a system built around procs etc. where you actually have to react to things. Instead, differences between players tend to arise from factors such as minimizing movement (->maximizing DPS uptime) or lining up cooldowns with each other or required burst windows. However, that's not even the most crucial bit as the only thing that genuinely matters is the tuning: bosses need to demand near-perfect execution in order to be killable. If you can reach let's say 80% performance by pressing random buttons and the theoretic throughput required is 70% (as is the case for all content that most players will ever access), the difficulty of the rotation literally doesn't matter. In this case failure is never a result of failing to push numbers hard enough but wiping to elementary shit like standing in fire.

if you need a guide to figure out what your rotation is then you're not going to make it in any relevant content anyway

Everything is so pruned it’s completely braindead now. Half the jobs rotations didn’t even change in 5.0 they just got conditional upgrades to certain abilities

k thx

Attached: here's your reply.jpg (464x447, 80K)

The fuck is a Sen? A self-buff? An exclusive stance? If they're stances, then why are there 2 skill icons for each? If you're trying to explain something to retards like me with a guide, you're gonna have to be clearer.

I don’t dps in dungeons just so I can make manchildren like this guy seethe

Oh boo goo the dungeon will take a few mins longer. Go cry me a fucking river

Dilate

>save mana so you can heal actual dps classes
>dps classes stand in fire while doing more damage
nooooo dps dont stand in fire and let me spam my damage abilities

the thing i have against the fights in FF is once you know the fight it will be exactly the same you just need 7 other autistic shits who know exactly where to stand on which moment

>save mana

If you're having MP problem in ShB as a healer then you might wanna change classes.

The thread really should have ended here

>Shoha buff soon

ARISE BROTHERS.

Attached: sam.jpg (600x450, 38K)

Can you imagine still playing WoW or FFXIV?

you would have mana problems if every damagechad stood on mechanics on purpose

the way ff works is abilitys combo. sen is the overarching samurai tokens for a single ability that can do three different things depending on how many tokens you have

get the fuck off this game and his stream, no one wants to play with you

SAMURAI SPIRIT STRONG
source

You say that but TK rotation was absolutely retarded same with the new MNK opener and anatman.

>Anime shit in picture.

Why would I ever approach this game?

FFXIV might have harder to play classes, but they're also worse designed.
FFXIV is all about rotations. A completely outdated fucking idea. Every class in XIV feels like shit to play the moment you get any down time.

WoW is shit too (every MMO is) but a priority system is way more engaging than these boring ass rotations in which every single class gets the same exact fucking dot at level 6 that is simply an upkeep cost despite not having any interesting interactions with other abilities whatsoever except for a few classes for which it happens to be more of a core ability.

Fuck WoW, Fuck FFXIV, and most importantly, fuck MMOcels

/thread

They talked about changing Shoha during the live letter and fixing SAM in general, letting you generate stacks outside of meditate as an idea.

>AST changes due to feedback from players to simplify the cards
god DAMN IT

Attached: scared birdos.webm (640x396, 925K)

id also add that the biggest problem is that they just dont tell you what buffs are related to what. some let you use certain abilities, others only proc in situations, and they never really say how they do very well.

I love Final Fantasy as a game series but I don't like 14. Even then, WoW players are delusional and can only spam MUH GCD LOL. It's obvious to anyone who has played both that FF14 has far more difficult classes and anyone who disagrees is lying or didn't get past level 10.

Still looking forward to Classic, enjoy your FF14 you LARPing trannies.

>This is the simplest DPS class in FFXIV
That's not DNC or RDM retard.

bunch of 25+ year olds thinking mmo raiding is on par with like csgo, dota, fuck even overwatch or fortnite

sad as fuck, a bunch of them have been burnt out since legion but still push parses

the difficulty still comes from contrived trash where what would be a skill in other mmos, is arbitrarily split into multiple skills you need to punch in in a specific sequence. ninja feels like a fucking parody of xiv class design to be honest.

Q: There are a lot of cutscenes in the side quests this time around. What are Yoshi-P's recommended side quests?

A: There's so many side quests... how am I supposed to... ok well, it's not really a "recommendation" but the fairies in Il Mheg really felt like they were going to be the second coming of the Moogles, and we were really scared of that so there was a lot of fine tuning to avoid that.

I fucking knew it. They really timed it out properly where to stop for the fairy bullshit because they knew about the moogle fiasco during HW.

Make me, cuck

Those are support jobs, not DPS.
WoW used to have them back in vanilla too.

Remember when in MMOs damage focused classes actually had utility that ranged from healing, to tanking, to debuffing with all sorts if enfeebling effects, or even buffs to other party members that actually felt like buffs?

RENT FREE

>pulls one pack at a time
>calls othera shitters and complains about them making the runs last too long
???

remember when the buffs were numerical increase to stats? instead of "increases all damage by 5%"

Yeah.
It was gay.

I hope they make it optional but honestly I won't count on it. I don't want less story content in a story heavy game and I actually enjoyed said quests. Why do they have to pander to muh endgame wowfugee fags?

Attached: utw6mt5fd1f31.jpg (1242x943, 161K)

I have no idea about the picture and I play the game. As a tank

>AStfags still complaining

All anyone every wanted was balance. Literally the fact that they listened to people outside of the OF was the best possible thing.

>M-MUH CLASS FANTASY

Astro has never been a job before, it's a XIV exclusive interpretation. Same with BLU it's the best way to do it in their current system.

>I don't play the game
>Here's my faggot opinion about it
Dumb samefag

Attached: 1480628949337.jpg (250x238, 14K)

>TWO POINT FIVE SECOND GCD

Attached: intothetrash.png (180x191, 101K)

Imagine having to play with a 2.13 seconds gcd because you're using an outdated engine designed for consoles.

>pressing embolden on cd makes RDM harder than SAM
LOL

hello RDM main

Imagine having to play without master looter because your developers are insane.

I wish more character would have 2.5gcd.
Thankfully they are going to change mudras.

My pure wife just got taken hostage. What do I do?

Attached: 220px-Minfilia.png (220x371, 115K)

Long complicated rotations don't make a game good. Its easily the second shittiest thing about FF14 next to the ERP homos. Having rotations in fact is dumb in general. WoW ruined MMOs so bad.

I thought BRD was the simplest DPS?

>muh corrupt concil loot
>muh dragon kock points

I don't think you've actually played Shb SAM if you think it's brain dead compared to rdm/dnc

I like ffxiv, but sometimes the rotation song and dance just gets a little overwhelming just for the sake of pressing more buttons.

Just ask ninja players.
They're rotation is a three ring circus of bullshit, and at the end of the day their damage is still far below every other dps for no reason other than the trick attack tax, and trick attack does not make up for their lower dps even in the best case scenario.

Classic gameplay isn't about doing a rotation correctly for maximum dps, it's about using the right tools at the right time or you die.
Crowd control isn't ignored like in ffxiv, it's paramount.

>All anyone every wanted was balance.

All I wanted was the job to be fun and now it isn’t. Parsing padded niggers took away the randomness and reward of my cards. The whole point of a card draw is random chance. They might as well just delete the job at this point. They didn’t even spare celestial/time dilation.

I don’t care if it makes savage runs less consistent. If that’s the case then just don’t pick it for savage. Fucking faggots.

You'd think they learned their lesson from the gold saucer bunny costumes. Oh well can't wait to see thousands of faggot males wearing 2b gear

Attached: Screenshot-2019-8-7 Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LIII Update Thread - Page 8.png (1801x264, 78K)

I mean that's literally every hard boss solution. Learn the fight til you fuck him up.

BRD has high APM and you constantly have to pay attention to procs, dots and songs.

The easiest jobs right now are RDM and DNC.

Not who you're arguing with but you're an idiot and AST is fine now. You need to think about card management and it's about fine optimisation rather than getting fucked over through no fault of your own.
Just imagine if the raid just took a wave of damage, but you thought ahead and dropped your star. So you detonate it and... it does zero healing. It just misfires on a 12% chance and does literally fucking nothing.
Imagine you're playing SAM and you cast Midare Setsugekka and 12% of the time it just does fucking nothing.
Pre-5.0 AST had this gigantic flaw with it's design that sacrificed all gameplay for flavour. Now it still has flavour, it still has card management but it does it all without this huge problem area. It's a big improvement. 3 minutes was too big but 2 is the right amount to force your hand with certain draws, you won't always get exactly what you want. You might not be able to pick between melee or ranged as much as you would like, you might not always get 6%. Sleeve doesn't always line up. It's great now.

Attached: c1lj5cljuk231.png (376x257, 176K)

>Learned their lesson

That the community likes this kind of stuff? The moment they give male miqo'te a muscle slider this game is gonna be more tranny central than it already is.

Why do ff fans have such an inferiority compelx?

I just wish we'd have an ability or stance to switch between the two, but even that would just see groups use the more random version and fish for buffs vs using the stable one. It could've been real easy to give AST an ability at 70+ to just draw a somewhat weaker +6/8% damage buff card, with the caveat that you can't use the ability with redraw or whatever. Now you have a choice between stability for parses or randomness for getting situationally strong buffs.

Is it a waste upgrading tank gear? I feel like I'm fine doing tittyx in my AF gear with 440 accessories, until I fuck up mechanics that is.

its too bad FFXIV doesn't have as much addons that WoW does.

Attached: 1564325468126.jpg (1634x919, 965K)

this is such a clusterfuck

Attached: UMA.jpg (326x341, 28K)

>Live Letter mentions adjusts to NIN, SMN, SAM and even WAR
>No mention of DNC despite having the shittiest personal damage and not enough RDPS to make up for it, plus the fact that it gets absolutely fucked over by having 90% of its' moves tied to RNG.
Is the only way to get job adjustments in this fucking game to have a giant playerbase of obnoxious faggots screeching all the time?

Attached: 1563403620234.png (290x200, 14K)

>Sopa de lalafell

Attached: sopa.png (650x558, 123K)

>You need to think about card management
No you don't. You use divination, then between sleeve draw and redraw you get all seals in 20 seconds and have nothing to do for 2 minutes but mindlessly press minor arcana every time you get a card. I cannot fathom how anyone could think this is an improvement.

>rather than getting fucked over through no fault of your own
You can't have highs without lows. If you remove the lows, there aren't any highs either. minor arcana was there to mitigate it somehwat. I'd much rather get shit cards that actually do different things than pull out cards that are all the same. Cards don't feel like they do anything anymore and splitting draw and play makes them more annoying to use. They're just a distraction and a chore now. Sometimes I just don't even bother doing them and I don't feel like the outcome of the fight would have changed in any way had I taken the effort to do them.

>Just imagine if the raid just took a wave of damage, but you thought ahead and dropped your star. So you detonate it and... it does zero healing. It just misfires on a 12% chance and does literally fucking nothing.
Chance for healing to not go off isn't even comparable. These are side utility buffs for party members. Plus by your logic DNC should be removed from the game.

>Now it still has flavour
no it doesn't lol

>getting carried by your healers

baka my head

I don't want to play a shitty weeb mmo so I'll stick with WoW, thanks

Attached: d0ecf6de4ad65e13d7f01d0f61e7dfb5.jpg (221x360, 15K)

>between sleeve draw and redraw you get all seals in 20 seconds
Sleeve draw is still 180 seconds on CD, you cannot rely on it every cycle, it's also better used INSIDE Divination and not to ready it.
You should be liberally using redraw to maximize damage which means you're only going to have a few spare, one or two, between Divinations. If you have as much breathing room as you claim you aren't playing right. There are only four draws to work with.

>You can't have highs without lows.
Like I said, imagine if any other role had this mindset. Can't have high healing unless your heals randomly backfire and do nothing. Can't have high damage unless your damage randomly does nothing. Why on Earth would you be happy with your buffs randomly doing nothing.
Not just a simply weaker draw, literally fucking zero, nothing at all. That's not a low, that's fucking nothing.

>Chance for healing to not go off isn't even comparable. These are side utility buffs for party members
It matters if you're doing any kind of serious raiding, you plan around having burst cooldowns lined up with other cooldowns or timed against boss phases. Of course it matters. It's huge.

>no it doesn't lol
lol got me there buddy

>press addle every 90 seconds
>whoops someone is dead just press raise
>this is somehow complex to rdm microorganisms
lmfao

>random proc class
I'm so sorry devs, but you'll have to start over

>you cannot rely on it every cycle
oh my bad you can get all seals with it EVERY OTHER cycle. I guess you'll just have to scrape by with 3 stacks of redraw that constantly recharge on a 30 second cd for one cycle. lol

> If you have as much breathing room as you claim you aren't playing right
I think you're the one who isn't playing right if you're having trouble getting all seals filled before divination is off cd without significant amounts of time to spare.

>it's also better used INSIDE Divination and not to ready it.
You know what? You're actually right because doing the seals correctly doesn't even fucking matter since the difference between one correct seal and three is only a difference of 2% damage across a 15 second window every 2 minutes. None of this shit matters. You can brainlessly half ass it and still get mostly comparable damage since the ceiling is so low.

>It matters if you're doing any kind of serious raiding
I don't give a shit. I want the job to be fun. You can't claim this random chance shit is bad for savage, have an entire job gutted because of it and then have DPS that are completely dependent on procs and random chance to do damage like DNC or BRD. It's a bullshit non-reason.

>MNK mains complain
>Take three expansions to make it Meta and even at that the gameplay is still obnoxious
>SAM mains complain
>Job already plays fine but LITERALLY will be immediately buffed and a perfectly balance down time skill will probably get buffed to fuck.

Why are weebs so insufferable.

>>Job already plays fine but LITERALLY will be immediately buffed and a perfectly balance down time skill will probably get buffed to fuck
Where is this buff you fucking schizo?

>I guess you'll just have to scrape by with 3 stacks of redraw that constantly recharge on a 30 second cd for one cycle. lol
Hi. Hello. Can you count. How many tries does that give you per cycle? How many surplus draws do you have?

I can't even correct the rest of your post because you're just a fucking idiot. You have no idea what makes AST good or bad and you have no reason to praise the old system besides "I liked getting fucked by RNG! It was fun!"

What the FUCK is banana? Is that what these faggots are calling Midare Setsugekka?

Monk has never not been meta in prog. It does blm tier damage while having a PARTY WIDE nature's minne. Now it's meta in every situation.
Even blm didn't get to have that retarded defensive utility on top of that damage output.

Yoshida said they're completely re working Shoha for 5.1 and buffing SAM's potency for 5.05.

they said they would (((look at it))) throughout all of SB and it's still shit. the only reason it's not totally shit this time is because ninja exists

Jacked miqo manlets sound hilarious though

>Can you count
Yes. You have 4 draws and 7 redraws even without sleeve draw. You have a successive 100%, 66% and 33% chance per draw/redraw attempt for each seal. It is impossible to fuck up without getting astronomically unlucky.

>"I liked getting fucked by RNG! It was fun!"
Cards actually doing things was fun. Now they don't. Using certain cards to change the duration, potency or make the card apply to everyone was fun. Optimizing all of this with other buffs and extending the cards, regens and other buffs with TD/CO was fun. The whole point was optimizing a random chance draw as best you could.

The seal system sucks, it's boring, it's easy. Divination sucks, the cooldown is still too long at 2 minutes and most of your draws just feel like your burning them with minor arcana. The cards themselves suck. They feel like they do nothing. They're a chore and they can mostly be ignored with absolutely no change of outcome. Pull out one card every 2 minutes and you're doing about 80% as well as a minmaxer trying their absolutely hardest.The job is a fucking joke now.

There are way too fucking many people on EU datacenters. Game runs like shit.

SAM was fine in SB, it wasn't meta but it still shit on every other DPS in terms of personal DPS.

It gets out DPS'd by fucking DRG this expansion.

monk has been meta since like 4.2 mhigger monkey
>b-but the 99th speedrunners that used nin!
retard

>tfw on the niggernometry banlist.
Faggots in this game ramp up the seething to ungodly levels when confrontes with the truth, it is still funny a day later.

Attached: 5a8.jpg (650x635, 61K)

>being an aether tranny
I doubt anyone on primal is on that list lel

But Aether isnt EU lad

YET LEVELING IS FUCKING SHIT WHY DO I ONLY HAVE 1 SKILL THIS FUCKING SUCKS HURR DURR LETS GIVE 1 SKILL EVERY 20 LEVELS TO THE PLAYER AND 418024801 NEAR MAX LEVEL WE ARE RETARDED

Attached: plznocat.jpg (544x548, 70K)

>Be Emet-Selch
>Primary goal is to bring about the rejoining by flooding the First with light
>See group of people who are slaying lighteardwardens which is a direct obstacle to your goal
>See them get stronger and stronger day by day
>In response to this you do nothing, do not intervene at all, just observe
>Final battle comes and for some reason you are surprised when you get blown the fuck out
>Could’ve just killed them at the start and you would’ve succeeded

Is Emet-Selch one of the most retarded villains of all time? Was it autism?

I can tell you never played the game.

He wasn't able to account for ardbert at all you nigger. Ardbert was literally the only thing stopping you from becoming a lightwarden.

His plan was completely perfect because either way he could have hope in the unsundered, or you'd die trying to save the world. He completely guessed what the exarch was gonna do and cucked him.

It was just elidibus being a retard that screwed him over.

>2 skill spam for first 30 levels
>have to dial a phone number at max level just to do an opener
what were they thinking?

>implying
HP is stable as fuck and the healers are always the ones that die and lead to wipes. Healerfags really gota stop projecting, your insecurity is showing

ranged/caster situation is way worse than melee
>hurp durp here's a bonus to ALL your stats if you have one of each role
>every group pretty much wants double melee because everything that isn't nin does serviceable to batshit insane damage
>combinations like brd/mch or blm/smn are not possible as faggots will lock party slots

>After trying out Eden, I was shocked by the Warriors of Light's imagination. How on earth did they come up with that version of Leviathan and Titan!?
>Maybe it was something like... "Leviathan was Patch 2.1? 2.2? He was attacking from two locations...was that a head? Tail?” and I think it mixed with the Shinryu mechanic and became something like that... Perhaps the Wandering Minstrel was also influenced by how the WoL described them, and that’s why things turned out to be so difficult. Titan is likely due to Thancred bringing up the topic of falling, which probably got mixed in with explosions and the Goblin Tanks.
lmao

Attached: 1563586546364.jpg (1243x1000, 102K)

Not so much as retarded, but more like he made a miscalculation of epic proportions. His plan was contingent on the WoL not being able to contain the light and becoming a light warden of ridiculous strength, which would’ve basically ended humanity. This would’ve happened if it weren’t for Ardbert, who Emet didn’t know about (potentially? This isn’t very clear because that phantom ascian you talk to while waiting to get your visitor vista was able to detect him) but still, if Ardbert didn’t exist Emet would’ve won.

Seems pretty retarded to even bother letting them defeat the loghtwardens in the first place when he could’ve just gotten what he initially wanted if he just flat out killed them. He took a huge risk for literally no reason and it wound up being his undoing. It’s completely retarded.

>explosions and the Goblin Tanks.
It's the digging machine from The Burn not fucking goblin tanks, what the fuck?

wow you must not be that good at pvp

It has ACT aka DMB light. Absolutely disgusting.
>raid trannies are using call outs for mechanics

Nope, you are wrong. His plan was contingent on the WoL not being able to hold in the light, which would’ve led to the end of the world and the rejoining. Should the WoL be able to hold in the light, Emet said he’d take him on as an ally to help bring about the rejoining. If he refused (in which the WoL obviously would) he’d kill him and his allies. This was always going to end in a fight no matter what. Emet-Selch’s biggest fuck up boils down to thinking he could beat the WoL no matter what since his power was so much greater. In which he was obviously wrong.

No, remember he stated he could have fought them right then and there at the crystarium but he was certain it would just end up like with lahabrea.

Letting the WoL slay the lightwardens was the safest possible option for him outside of having to possibly deal with some hydalen bullshit + whatever the crystal exarch would try.

The plan he had was literally perfect, don't do shit, let WoL absorb light wardens like a dumbass and either.

A. Get turned into the next calamity

or

B. Turn out to be capable and a sliver of hope for the new world.

He even managed to deduce what the crystal exarch was doing and planning and planned to use it against him.

It's basically just
>press your buttons in this order to do optimal deeps
aka completely thoughtless numbers-chasing endemic of every other shitty thoughtless MMO

Where are your clears, bitch?

>all powerful race
>got eternally cucked because you can't time travel
epic

>Damn how could have I foreseen a random ghost rejoining the WoL and the cat bitch summoning seven other dicksuckers out of nowhere?
Ascians are retards.

>Speed reader

They said they wouldn't do calamities, he outright stated he would help them in any way possible if the WoL turned out to be able to contain the wardens because it showed that he the very peak of the unsundered did in fact have potential.

>people who give away battered fish for free at the quest NPC
WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT?!
YOU GET MORE FROM DOING A EASY AS FUCK JUMPING PUZZLE!
THE REASON TO CRAFT THESE IS TO SELL AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF LAZY SHITTERS WHO CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH JUMPNG ALL NIGHT!!

FUCK.

YOU.

Attached: 1523224287188.gif (500x500, 920K)

Cleared E2S today.

>lol just kill the warrior of light lol no ones tried that before

Based retard

>game's community brgging about FFXIV making massive revenue spike for SE
>devs considering not even taking the lazy route of patching over time
Christ I feel sorry for you FFXIV-fags. You're slowly going down the WoW path.

Attached: TooLazyToEvenPatchOverTime.png (1080x291, 73K)

they don't have enough staff because nobody is filling the job slots.

jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/push/3dbd/

who would willing work for mmos in japan 2019 when gacha mobages makes 10x more profit for 5x less effort

You know how much money SE wastes on ads and product deals and shit?

can't be worse than my mindless seanigger web dev job

>no yorha weapons
come the fuck on. They shit out weapon models for fucking everything and they're not planning on making some for a raid?

Attached: 1507678948505.gif (421x389, 1021K)

Annually? About 2 weeks of profit from a single one of their gacha apps?

I dream of one day being able to do away with HUDs entirely in MMOs.

>thinking SE doesn't have modelers they shift around internally where needed
At this point you're equating the call for Battle Designers to modelers. Modelers are a dime a plenty in their own company as is.
>but they need to advertise
That's great but they apparently made massive revenue even with their dump on advertising so you're still getting cucked out of more content and polish.

you can technically

Refer to

SE is shit company user

>Retard

SE spends more than half of XIV's budget on these bizarre retail and social media ads schemes and papa john pizza deals.

They only barely make back that money throughout the year.

So long as the genre insists on braindead cooldowns and stacking 300000 models and effects you'll never be able to get rid of the hud
Which is a shame because one time i walked around with the hud off and the game looked far better and much less claustrophobic

Wow impressive
not really lmao get good nerd

Attached: confused kot.jpg (400x323, 51K)

Why do modern mmo players want a hotbar action game instead of an rpg? Hotbars don't really make sense for action games.

>Damn why did I let this even be a possibility when I could’ve just killed them from the start and let light take over the First?

You are a retard.

This is not what he said. Rewatch the cutscene where he shoots the cat boy.

None of that money is allocated to XIV dude, XIV has it's own separate budget that Yoshida spends on shit like the WWE collaboration.

they may have modelers experienced with luminous studio and UE4 but not the highly custom proprietary engine FFXIV uses.

rpg is the most braindead genre in existence

If this were true then he wouldn’t have fought when WoL fused with Ardbert and gained control of the light.

>highly custom proprietary engine FFXIV uses
But it's just a scaled down Luminous Engine, what are you even on about? Are you one of those faggots that thinks the game still has shit in it from the Crystal Tools era as well?

Are there anymore like this?

It's harder to add weapons for already completed sets. They won't look like they fit since the designers who made the set 2 years ago probably isn't working on it. Just wait for zurvan and SB primal weaps.

Attached: AAAMMO.png (1786x558, 145K)

>more buttons
>the tradeoff is slower gameplay, less monster mechanics, and overall easier encounters
Lmao the hardest ff content gets cleared in a day, all you hold onto is muh ability bloat

He fought because he didn't believe that you were unsundered, which you aren't still.
You're just a shade to him still.

It isn't tuned artificially atm :/ content in both games go down in a day when tuned right

>also one time caught her masturbating to loli porn
based

It's not the same as Luminous Engine. If it was then it would have Luminous Engine mentioned in the credits.

>dyes tied to World Transfer
This is a new level of incompetency here or more than likely they're trying to bring up their Limitations excuse and tie it to something retarded given CE during the relaunch of the game was able to give your hair and clothes any color as long as you put the appropriate RGB value.
>one less ring
I can see it happening, just add more stat value on them and barely bother spending time balancing the Tomestone and Savage ring

>it's just a scaled down Luminous Engine
they don't even use the same file format

Why not? Clearing with pugs is harder than clearing with static. And yeah go back to 2ch

Emet-Selch was so far above the WoL in terms of power at the beginning g of ShB that it wasn’t even funny. Hell, the only reason the WoL was able to beat Emet-Selch in the first place was because Emet LET the WoL absorb all the light of the lightwardens. He’s a grade A retard.

>Be WHM
>Carry entire raids and never die
>Still get shat on

Attached: whitemagesymbol.jpg (500x717, 28K)

Shush whm, SCH is the healer chad now, as it should be.

data transfer, not world transfer. It's likely an awkward translation and he means something like how much data can be loaded at a time, since each new palette would increase the amount of data required for each item

>he can't figure out a dance in a day
wowbabs are this mentally deficient

I think they really blew it with how quickly they let Emet Selch eat it. They kill off both the most interesting Ascian and the most interesting Imperial leader in the same span of cutscenes, leaving us with murder-retard and incompetent dumbass as our next threats.

I will believe that when you fuckers stop tanking the ground.

Except WoL is not even close to Emet-Selch powerlevel at the end of ShB.
>WoL was able to beat Emet-Selch in the first place was because Emet LET the WoL absorb all the light of the lightwardens
He won because of Ardbert.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my energy drain making me top green dps.

As if Emet Selch is actually dead. I am sure we are gonna see him again.

Best WHM cane coming through

Attached: 300px-Model-Vintage_Cane.png (300x733, 145K)

WoW Classic...
Home..

Attached: wow.png (740x361, 396K)

>RDM are reduced to a combat rez and generic damage buff

I miss XI RDM so much.. It was such a cool class niche.

If a color tint uses any significant amount of space anywhere your game is made like shit

If he's not dead Ardbert's entire arc would've been for nothing.

I don't see how anyone could think that after the ending.

>your game is made like shit
HOLY SHIT THIS CAN'T BE REAL

I wouldn't trust japs to be able to code, but when there's literally thousands of pieces of armour and weapons that can be dyed then it doesn't matter how efficient it is, it's going to add up quick

I play NIN and it's meaningless to me too.

Does anyone have a pic like this for the other jobs ?

>data transfer
This whole excuse honestly smells of bullshit to be perfectly honest. Sounds more like another "Limitations" excuse to either hype something simple being added in or to make people just drop everything all together. If adding colors does something to your game to a degree that you need to consult with the team then theres something fundamentally wrong with your game as a whole.

It does, because if you were intelligent about it you would create a generic, tintable piece.

>Third Eye now gives stacks

Attached: 1564990996529.jpg (526x960, 48K)

Agreed. The dev team keeps butchering class identity to appease raidfags who refuse to accept that some classes are just going to be better for hardcore content.

Emet's plan changed when he saw us. He flat out says it when he sees us. He says that there's maybe another way to accomplish his goals without further bloodshed. He's not talking about letting us absorb the wardens, he's talking about the WoL and the Crystal Tower.

He's not spending the whole MSQ cozying up to us for no reason. He didn't bring Y'shtola back out of the kindness of his heart. He's trying to win our trust because:

>He saw that the Crystal Tower jumped back in time
>He saw that the WoL crossed dimensions whilst maintaining their corporeal body

Both of these things changed the plan. He's trying to get answers because his people, for all their power, never crossed dimensions in their own body, and never travelled through time. He wants those secrets. It's why he straight up takes G'raha rather than killing him. It's why he pries you for information about G'raha's identity. It's why he lets you stop the rejoining. It's why he shoots G'raha rather than let him absorb your aether and commit sudoku. G'raha has answers to his questions and he wasn't going to let him die.

Emet doesn't want to do things the slow way anymore, he realized when he saw you in the First that he could try something new. He doesn't care about the rejoining because he's inches away from scoring a time machine and learning how to cross planes of existence without abandoning his body. He can travel through time and undo everything. No more sundering, no more Primals, no more Sound. He can go back to square one before anything bad happened. He's trying to sway us into feeling bad for him and his people so we'd open up to him.

The WoL and the Scions accomplished everything he ever dreamed of. They managed to travel back in time and undo history. They rescued themselves from calamity. People are under the impression he was going to bring about the rejoining in the MSQ, when he was actually trying to learn the secrets of the Exarch and the Crystal Tower.

Yes it was autism, but for a different reason. The plan was dumb but the goal of it wasn't the usual ascian rejoining thing.
>Ardbert hinted on how loneliness rekt him
>Emet showed emotions toward you and the mortals multiple times
>Emet asked if you remember
>give you a bullshit test even his masterrace couldn't overcome
>talks shit and fights you even when you past his test
>only asks you to remember after losing, instead of running like ascians do
He clearly saw pieces of his people in you. He's likely just tired of doing ascian shit, wanted a break to toy with you, then got himself in too deep in the company. All the "you subhumans aren't worthy" bullshit was just an excuse to wake himself up from the companionship and force himself to get back on being an ascian. He was in denial because he can't get over his thousand year old autism to accept we're his equals. He knows if he doesn't kill us he won't be able to convince himself to keep being an ascian. So he just let us kill him to be freed from the depression

>I wouldn't trust japs to be able to code
i don't know why this meme exists when ff14 and pso both run better than every gook/burger mmo in the last decade. the ui doesn't shit the frame rate when it's being loaded and the games never crash

TERA chad coming through. Out of my way faggots
docs.google.com/document/d/1w7s0WFf_2CWTdTSRZrE_hERdfWoIdLhcYPAi2mHf1og/edit#

Attached: bible.png (1920x1080, 239K)

>thinking following instructions is hard
I play monk, dps is braindead, keep your stacks up, weve your non global cooldowns in and avoid the big death circles.
Sam is just get your 3 stacks and blow them

>Scholar gets 3 aetherflow a minute
>One recitation which must be spent on a heal aetherflow every 90s
>Dissipation for 3 more aetherflow every 3 minutes
>wah why do they press energy drain when they have to burn through 50+ aetherflow in a ten minute fight
stay seething whm players

This game is against my aesthetic sensibilities.

I wish Tera wasn't dead.

Attached: reaper.jpg (759x630, 99K)

>look at me i'm a lv50 potd hero
i'd tell you to kill yourself but you would probably fail to press the button sequence to do so

We are?

Attached: whitemage.png (150x199, 5K)

The only memorable thing about this game is elin thighs

what is that banlist people keep talking about?

why doesn't this game have racial class restrictions? It's really dumb seeing those midget fucks tanking

leave and stay leave

Attached: terable.jpg (1920x1200, 582K)

Because FANTASY.

If you are gonna get picky, then you shouldn't be able to wiggle your fingers and shoot fireballs out of them.

why u hatin

Attached: lala tank.jpg (706x434, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jnev2mILXs

Attached: 1565051310535.png (500x281, 94K)

>play WHM
>Holy prevents DPS from needing to stand in fire which they would never need to do anyway but still
>Holy also prevents more damage on the tank than any other GCD would
>HURRR BUT MUH DPS PLAYERS WHO CAN'T TAKE 2 STEPS OUT OF THE AOE THAT'S ON THEM SOMEHOW EVEN THOUGH THE TANK HAS AGGRO DURRRRRRRRRRR

If the healer doesn't DPS it's safe to assume they're not going to heal you either since they're likely watching netflix while hoping for a carry through roulettes

I could almost believe this, but his methodology is completely broken. Refusing to fight at the end could’ve got him his secrets. He never even so much as hints that he wants to go back in time. This would’ve been the smarter direction to go in, but I don’t get the impression that the writers were going for this at all.

Was this chaos only or is light fucked as well?

Some butthurt raidertranny who's also a dev for a crutch addon that only mouthbreathers use was butthurt that people left his FC and didn't want to raid with him. So he made the addon not work with those people or anyone who's in a party with those people.

>He never even so much as hints that he wants to go back in time.
The cutscene where he talks to exarch alone.

what the fuck am i supposed to do

Attached: ffxiv_08072019_140536_865.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

top fucking lel

Attached: 1564812182843.jpg (951x588, 75K)

What's addon, his name and can I report him for breaking TOS?

>addon fags
Repulsive

Remember in mmo's when exploration was the main driving force and raids didn't even exist because they are stupid and bad game design? Why can't we go back to the times when a random cave in the middle of nowhere was the biggest threat to your character and you never got any weapons or armor dropped from killing a "boss".

Higan banana the dot

>Why can't we go back to the times when a random cave in the middle of nowhere was the biggest threat to your character and you never got any weapons or armor dropped from killing a "boss".
You mean being 12 kid who play his first MMO? You can RP as retard even now

Sandbox games have their purpose and asking why a themepark isn't a sandbox is like asking why a shooter isn't a puzzle game.

It's aether you dumb shit they don't have to explain anything.

How do I better manage all my crafting materials? Both my retainers are loaded up and I'm not sure what's worth hanging onto, what's worth selling on the market and what's just vendor trash.

Attached: 1565204790582.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

this

Attached: 1285475695847.png (800x504, 615K)

Here's the big brain way to do it.
Level your gatherers to max, and then you're never gonna want for any mats.

So what the fuck is up with the triggernomatry developers?
Link because I'm too lazy to explain it too.
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/cmp7w4/warning_if_youre_using_triggernometry/

>changes to SMN
>none until they change NIN and SAM

I fucking swear to god there's like one guy in charge of making balance changes for all classes and he can't be assed to do more than one class per patch.

Fuck this game, I'll play WoW Classic instead.

Call me when they start using money from the in the fucking game.

Attached: 1562943936932.png (487x594, 409K)

>triggers for XIV
Wish Yoshi purged this shit.

Exactly why I left MMOs behind.
CoH is probably the last MMO I'll ever really enjoy. A game where numbers don't really mean dick, since damn near everybody is OP until the very end anyway. Then, endgame is just running Raids where execution of tactics and balanace in team comp matter far more than "ZOMFG, IS EVERY DPS ONE OF THESE 3-BUILDS, FOR OPTIMAL DAMAGE"

If that blacklist issue gets blown up enough I wonder if they'll just try to do more to block addons to prevent this level of abuse again.

Merciful Eyes should be changed to Angery Eyes or someshit, 60s CD that makes your next weaponskill a crit.

>reddit defend triggers
>all "crutch" posts have -

Hail Tibia!

Where do I find male spats to go with my moon faire happai.

That's only because Blizzard overtunes all of the end bosses in raids to extend the world first hype train. Mechanics have never been too complicated.

Why?

>be a few steps from top
>overjump and fall to the fucking very bottom

Attached: 1564432413293.jpg (287x311, 14K)

I would be okay with this. There's a ton of unavoidable damage in fights so it would be easy to accumulate. Plus if MNK can stand in shit and get 30s of true north with riddle of fire then SAM should be a ton of extra damage for getting hit too.

user. Yes, fusing with Ardbert gave the WoL a power boost. But more importantly, it let him control the light within him. There’s literally a quick time event where you call forth the lightwarden’s light to banish the darkness he’s trying to drown you in. That wouldn’t have been possible if he didn’t let you bear the lightwardens.

riddle of earth*

Just make some fish loser. Making it to the top gets you nothing.

It's literally crutch. Addons unironically ruin MMOs.

It would be way easier to block sex mods than it would to block ACT. mods modify the .dat game files which could be easily checked by the launcher if they cared, while ACT only reads your combat log and packets which is harder to detect unless they straight up put gameguard tier malware on your PC.

I imagine we used the light wardens power to kill him yes, but that chained in darkness moment is the blessing of light kicking in not the light wardens, hence hades asking if the wardens power had broken you?

Me no understand. Me Warrior me angry! Me Smash!

Ardbert was third party. It's not Emet's fault.

Didn’t he say something along the lines of “I lived with you, I broke bread with you, I even welcomed death with you, and I STILL scoundrel your people not worthy”? Sounds like he fucking hates sundered people. Doesn’t sound like a farce to me

How do you feel about voice chat, text macros showing how to do a fight, and other graphically enhancing addons?

>he never played longstop hard

>Just make some fish loser. Making it to the top gets you nothing.
I think you're retarded, m8.

What I think happened:
>Chains is our character unleashing excess light Aether wildly
>Hades mistakes it for the Blessing of Light (as it didn't look remotely like the other times we recieved the Blessing)
>Fusing with Adbert allows us to focus all of our excess Aether with enough precision to destroy Hades

Not him but voice chat and text macros are just communication between players.
Graphic Mods are just people being degenerates.
Things like ACT call outs and DBM unironically ruin games.

>How do you feel about voice chat,
It's human factor. Humans make mistakes, can be tired.
>text macros showing how to do a fight,
They exist for people in PF cause people in PF don't communicate with each others

>Refusing to fight at the end could’ve got him his secrets.

Aside from the fact that him going back in time would (to the best of everyone's knowledge) result in the "death" of all life that's existed since Amaurot's time. We had the exact same plan that he did. Only one of us could accomplish it though, we'd die if he was successful, so we had to kill him. Interestingly, the Exarch survived us averting the 8th Calamity, so there is a case to be made where Emet could have travelled back in time, rescued his people and Amaurot and lived happily ever after, and the only consequence would have been a split timeline. He'd have his Good End, and it wouldn't have affected our timeline at all.

its the DOT

Then, shall we also remove DPS meter?

We don't have DPS meter.

Raids are not the SOUL of MMOs. At least not modern-WoW-styled raids. Vanilla-WoW-raids were a little better. Though obvious they were not difficult, which I guess is what made them better in that sense.

But anyway, the fun of MMOs is dungeons.
WoW's mythic+ system is large part of why it beats every other MMO. The only non-fun part of it is the time trial, which doesn't seem super necessary. Yes, it increases the difficulty, but even without time trial it becomes inefficient to increase the difficulty beyond a certain point, where you're spending all day clearing an instance or something instead of dropping the difficulty a couple of notches and doing it ten times a day instead of just once.

Reminder that there's a bunch of consumerbrain WoWfags falseflagging as FFXIV players in this thread.

Then how do you know if what you're doing is working? Do you just use like one ability every second or something so there's not enough going on for it to be necessary with assisted-tracking?

Personally I've debated if DPS meters are really worth it in the end.
While it's an insane tool to understand how to better optimize your DPS it also leads to the terrible mentality of "damage is all that matters". Which infects games and causes issues across the board.
Best middle ground is to probably have really solid training dummies that give you a print-out style infograph after you kill them to show your ability breakdowns and let people test rotations and builds, but not have live tracking. This would mean the developers themselves would need to give a shit about DPS parsing at some level though.

What does it matter in the end if the thing dies?

I've been thinking about his plan for awhile now because there's a lot of small choices that he makes that are interesting. For starters, there was no real reason for Emet to even reveal himself to the Scions when you think about it. He could have stayes hidden and let the everything play out as normal before showing up as a big bad in the end. But instead he chooses to take the adventure with you. No doubt the debates and banter between him, WoL, and the Scions has probably be the closest thing to fun he's had in centuries. After all, Amaurotians or whatever loved debates.

He chooses to save Y'stola. Granted it was a way to try to win the Scions' trust but if he kept hidden or didn't care, he could have left her in the aether and then that'd be one leas Scion to worry about.

He chooses to have you meet in the reimagining of Amaurot and reveal the truth behind the gods. He wanted you know everything and hoped you'd show signs of you supposed-past self.

I believe he also chose to live a full "human" life as Solus. Who knows if there was anyone he cared about during that lifetime.

Basically, he was alone and tired of it all. Apart of me thinks the whole thing was an elaborate suicide plan from rhe beginning.

Attached: 1562649364879.png (1024x734, 722K)

>it also leads to the terrible mentality of "damage is all that matters"
Only if you're an idiot. Or playing with idiots too stupid for you to be able to explain to them why this mentality is wrong. Unironically.

>Best middle ground is to make it impossible for people to in any way tell how the other people in their raid/group are performing and just hope everybody's trying their best
Ah. I see you're the former.

I care about knowing whether what I'm doing is retarded or not. If I didn't then why would I be playing a game where that stuff mattered?

Yeah it's not like every major MMO has a majority of the community only caring about damage numbers and balancing according to damage done.

Well ACT can show you DPS. If you clear EX/Savage someone will upload his log on fflogs. There you can check DPS and other info without using ACT himself. Another way is SSS. SSS have fixed HP values so you can calculate your potential damage on special site. Another way is aggro meter during fight sicne you can't drop aggro now lol. And yeah you can feel when you perform like shit. If I drop enochan as BLM , I don't need any meters to know how fucked up I am. To be honest personnel ingame DPS meter will be good.
He's right desu. Look at JP and US/EU clears. JP players doung EX/savage is Duty Finder and they don't care about parses. Only about clears.

There are other ways to know that without dps tracking addons.
Are you just mashing 1 button until some external source told you there's a better way to do damage? Are you incapable of thought?

I hate I got memed on to skip ARR story.
Now I don't know anything about any of the beast tribes or any of the NPCs desu.

stop it tancreed, she's dead .. accept it !!!

This image needs more old man Solus.

Attached: 545aefd4d4ddada83c7b576624707baa.jpg (800x1100, 94K)

There's always New Game+ in patch 5.1 that lets you experience the quests you skipped.

Let's be honest here. Japan has a way different mindset than here. NA is lazy and doesn't pull their own fucking weight and if you call them on it you should be ashamed.

Q70:
I'm looking forward to the alliance raid coming in Patch 5.1 and I'm curious to see what kind of gear we'll be able to get. Also, would there be any chance that we'll see weapons as a reward? I don't mind it being purely for glamour, but I want that katana shown in the art!

A70:
Actually, I happened to check the models for the rewards today. I provided some feedback, but they were very well-made. We made the decision to make the costumes wearable by both genders, so please look forward to it! A katana weapon would be limited to certain jobs only, so we haven’t planned for them at the moment, but we may consider it if highly requested. I think we’ll have a guest with us for the 5.1 Letter LIVE to talk about YoRHa, so please look forward to it!

Looking forward to those highlander dudes running around in 2B's dress!

Yeah but it doesn't help doing ARR content now and going back and being ???
what the fuck is happening

You could have a bazillion different fires and an encounter would still be tank and spank if they don't deal lethal damage. Conversely, high tuning necessitates you to use every trick in the book and perform even the tiniest optimizations. These wouldn't be listed in strategy guides because they're specific to the given raid setup and because just a handful of resets of additional gear starts allowing brute force approaches, but I think it's silly to say these aren't tactics/mechanics you have to handle. I'm not familiar with FFXIV so I'm not going to make direct comparisons (neither am I with neo-WoW for that matter), but I think it's worth distinguishing the inherent mechanical complexity of the fight and additional layer of emergent complexity that arises in cutting-edge progression raiding.

There are plenty of fights in Nu-WoW recent memory that had to be nerfed in the middle of the World First race because it was almost mathematically impossible for people to clear them without needing to farm more gear. You can just check the history of World Firsts and see if there was a hotfix during the race itself to show that.
XIV fights are more like a puzzle that has to be solved by obeying the mechanics in a perfect manner, which you can see with the Ultimate fights and progression for those.

i'm not gonna lie, the new MNK AF armpit exposure makes me rather stiff

I always thought armpit fetish was a meme, do you actually get aroused by it?

Dude literally tells you to run from an AOE in his boss fight. He was at war with himself.

Not him but it isn't a meme. Thank Reimu for it.

Literally directly his fault

>I don't understand the argument being made

>small 8man bosses in a circular room you teleport to is pinnacle of an MMO

people say retail wow killed the MMO genre but ff14 casualized it to a degree weebs and trannys will never go back

why are moe anime posters the shittiest posters on this board?

>He's right desu. Look at JP and US/EU clears. JP players doung EX/savage is Duty Finder and they don't care about parses. Only about clears.
That's just the same thing but dumber. If you didn't like damage meters you wouldn't like that either.

>There are other ways to know that without dps tracking addons.
>Are you just mashing 1 button until some external source told you there's a better way to do damage? Are you incapable of thought?
How am I supposed to keep track of dozens of sources of damage going off around me constantly without a tool to track it? Never mind shit like proccs from talents or items or bonuses or buffs or whatever, or accounting for interruptions or movement or whatever else, all the while focusing on the actual parts of the fight that you're supposed to be paying attention to because the ability usage should be automatic.

It's not 2005 anymore, we don't have characters just standing still casting [element]bolt all fight. Even the most autistic sims barely work on single targets without movement and only if you have an autist keeping the profile with all the gear and procs and whatever up to date.

Or we can just skip all that and have people track their numbers and upload their logs, and there you go: Cold hard data. Yeah, you gotta weed out the parses where everyone in the raid got together to enable one guy's damage, or the fight where that dude with 15% crit averaged 75%, or whatever, but you get rid of most of that by just shaving the edges.

>he enjoyed clearing trash mobs and running through long hallways to hide the stream loading of assets

>That's just the same thing but dumber. If you didn't like damage meters you wouldn't like that either.
That doesn't make any sense, I'm sick of people treating damage as being more important than actually doing mechanics.
Every class has a pretty straightforward gameplay style presented and a lot of the optimization comes from buff windows with other jobs and knowledge of fights to better align those windows. Stuff that doesn't require a live tracking addon. I won't deny that FFlogs is pure data, but it also pushes the community of the game into thinking only damage matters which influences how people want classes balanced on top of what classes are "viable" or not.

Emet was fucked no matter what. Even if he went back in time, he wouldn’t have known how to stop the calamity. The rejoiningscare What cause umbral calamities, so the WoL and his friends were able to stop them using that knowledge. However, even when we were going through Amarout and Armet was telling us about the catastrophe, he said multiple times “It just happened. We don’t know why, or how. Thus we made Zodiark.” Even if he succeeded in going back in time, the same thing would’ve happened.

what's on top of the moonfire tower?

nothing

What? I didn’t catch that, but if he did I have to assume it was in a taunting manner.

It pretty much seals the deal that I will have zero interest in the Yorha gear. But that's fine since Eden changed my expectations and was pretty good and not Nomuran.

EXCEPT FOR SAMURAI-MONK MATERNITY WARD REEEEEEEE

which one should I go for next?
wanted something a bit more braindead to play okay enough but when play well makes it amazing.

Attached: whattolevel.png (378x411, 73K)

I can't believe R'fhul is fucking dead

Attached: ffxiv_08082019_060335_686.png (1600x900, 2.34M)

Bard.

is there one of this for the hardest class??

Pretty sure BLM is what you’re looking for. BLM’s kit and roation is pretty simple but BLM has the biggest skill gap between okay players and great players, and getting good at BLM means you will start shitting out ridiculous damage. Like, crazy dumb stupid big dick damage. It’s actually kind of absurd how much a good BLM can speed up a run.

Guess his sister needs a new protector then.

Wow. Memorizing 80 billion lines of text. So fun. So deep. Wow

I wish players could have such cute tails

Attached: file.png (337x501, 352K)

The fuath are out of fucking control, first they got Urianger now they got him.

I hope while you're remembering all this you're also remembering to take your HRT pills

XIV interface is pretty different from WoW as I know. You can change it all you want. The only minus is debuffs/buffs because no filters

>it's literally crutch
>shows you information that's already available to you in-game
With that logic they should also remove job gauges.

They don't though? Most people agree Warrior's new design is better than it was before even though its DPS is lower than it's ever been since 2.1

>The Liveletter has someone asking to buff WAR's DPS.

>I'm sick of people treating damage as being more important than actually doing mechanics.
t. 2k DPS SAM who keeps getting kicked from parties that can't beat enrage because he "focuses on mechanics" instead of doing his job.

99% of the community does not give a shit about FFlogs outside of log runs. Even top speedkill and world first groups do not give a single flying fuck about their parse unless they're doing log runs.

I play Healer, so when people decide to soak shit or ignore mechanics completely it's fairly apparent.
Nice projection though.

Imagine playing nu-MMOs of any kind instead of old school ones.

Attached: CB5B7B84-D6E7-4E26-BE65-1301F239B0D3.jpg (2208x1242, 234K)

And most people would tell you that's a mistake because WAR already has the best defensive kit in the game on top of respectable DPS.

Except what FFlogs shows in terms of ranking percolates down into the community by people discussing it and spreading it.
"X job doesn't do enough damage."
Even if people never go to FFlogs the information shown there will find them in some manner.

Ah, so you're the WHM with 0 DPS who is upset about getting kicked for "doing his job" when the group fails the enrage 3 times in a row because they're missing 7k DPS from you.

>Except what FFlogs shows in terms of ranking percolates down into the community by people discussing it and spreading it.
Because FFlogs gives the players empirical data about which jobs are over/underperforming.
>"X job doesn't do enough damage."
Yes, this is a good thing to know about a job whose entire purpose is to deal damage.

Is there a way to macro dragon sight so it just goes to the highest DPS?

This is pretty weak argument. Information available in game is text or castbar or voice line if intended. You need to look at castbar or read text. With call outs you don't need to do this. You can setup call outs as you want. Look at E2S. At the end of fight boss will cast
>Circle of Chaos
>GuillotineSlicerCleaver
or
>Circle of Retribution
>SlicerCleaverGuillotine
You need to remember what they do and look at castbar. With triggers it looks like this
>side > in > cleave
>in > cleave > side
And you don't even need to look at castbar. Trigger will tell you what to do

>meme cleave spam
>better design

FFlogs are pretty incorrect and bad for statistic since there is no separation between static/pug. And you can choose what to upload.

When I eventually resub, I'm going to try out SAM. Whenever that is.

0/2 Try again. SCH/AST mostly, I leveled WHM just to see the new stuff, but didn't really enjoy it.
Having the data is good, what I'm saying is it pollutes opinion across the board entirely. Tanks are measured by their ability to do damage because they can all tank adequately, healers are treated in the same way.
At the end of the day people want to see what's doing the most damage over anything else and that influences community perspective of certain jobs.

Now it's the tank with the lowest DPS output overall but the best burst and the best defensive kit. Since it's only barely behind the other tanks basically everyone at a top level agrees that its current design is better. The only people complaining about WAR right now are players who picked it because they wanted an overpowered crutch job to carry them and are upset that the job is balanced now.

Healer dps isn’t accounted for in tuning keep seething

leveling DRG
is piercing talon useless? can i just remove it off my hotbar? I put it where heavy thrust used to be and I keep accidently using it.

>best burst

Not even, GNB has higher burst

remove

its for pulling and when you can't melee. which means its used just often enough you need to keep it on the bar

What is piercing talon? the ranged shit? get rid of it.

>Having the data is good, what I'm saying is it pollutes opinion across the board entirely
Nope, it really doesn't.
>. Tanks are measured by their ability to do damage
Nope, they actually aren't. For example TBN is highly valued in spite of being DPS neutral at best and a huge potential DPS loss because it takes some stress off the healers. WHM is the most valued healer not just because of its high DPS but also because it has an extremely flexible healing kit. Ultimately everything comes down to what lets you do more damage, but this will literally always be the case no matter what you do, and you're a retard if you think otherwise.
>At the end of the day people want to see what's doing the most damage over anything else
And this also requires factors like what's mitigating damage the most efficiently, what's allowing healers to spend less time healing, etc. Damage is the reward for performing your other duties well. having the ability to read out who is doing the most damage, healing, and mitigation most effectively allows the community to better understand the game and how it works and to find out who's underperforming in a group that's having trouble clearing a mechanic or fight. The only reason anyone would have to complain about this would be if they were underperforming and were upset about getting kicked for it.

>0/2 Try again. SCH/AST mostly, I leveled WHM just to see the new stuff, but didn't really enjoy it.
Everything you're posting is literally "i'm mad because people called me out for being shit with a tool that gave them empirical evidence that I'm shit at my job". Quit fucking whining and just git gud

You use it when you're out of melee range and won't break your combo.

god damn im getting used to the melee jobs changes and im getting tripped up. thank god drg didn't change too much. kinda scared to level up ninja after.

>there is no separation between static/pug.
logs literally show if they're part of a static though.
>And you can choose what to upload
You get a lower ranking if you don't upload a parse at all for a week and if you upload multiple parses for the week all but your best one is ignored so that's also irrelevant.

You act as if damage buffs are not the most requested thing across the board over the past however many years.
The community perspective towards PLD during HW or WHM during SB was why bring these when X other job can do what they do with more damage. That's not to say those jobs could not do content, it's the perception though that they are subpar because if everything else is met we want more damage.
I'd love if AST cards had maintained a variety of buffs instead of purely damage. What do you know! That was considered useless so now it's just damage.
Every post of yours has been trying to call me a shitter in some obtuse way. All I'm saying is I wish the community cared more about getting clears than trying to get a bigger damage number on their parse. Damage optimization should be a secondary goal to actually clearing the damn fight.

>The only reason anyone would have to complain about this would be if they were underperforming and were upset about getting kicked for it.

Every one of your posts is more evidence of why parsetrannies are cancer but this really sums it up

NIN ranged attack actually gives you ninki. So you can break combo in some situations

>thinks level design is completely irrelevant

You're casualization in human form.

Thread. OP is an idiot like always.

>Having the data is good, what I'm saying is it pollutes opinion across the board entirely. Tanks are measured by their ability to do damage because they can all tank adequately, healers are treated in the same way.

Savage raids require 70k raid dps and there are 4 dps slots in the raid. You do the math you fucking idiot.

OSRS and Ultima are dead
WoW Classic will last a year or two

I'd argue rdm is simpler but it's still more complex than current wow.

Then why does Squeenix attempt to push the agenda that Tank and Healer DPS are not considered during tuning if they apparently are required to pass?

Is this clear enough for an E1S guide, assuming you're trying to lead complete neophytes through it? P2 is too big to post here I think, but kind of the same.

Attached: e1s timeline guide p1.png (3616x1696, 323K)

>You act as if damage buffs are not the most requested thing across the board over the past however many years.
It's almost like nearly half the jobs in the game exist solely to do as much damage as possible (or enable other players to deal more damage) or something like that.
Now let's look at major reasons why non-DPS jobs have been reworked in the past:
>AST
Provided far too much flexibility over the other healers since it had basically the same kit as them + RNG buffs that could both increase damage or allow you to cheese prog with extra damage resistance or MP
>WAR in 2.1
Was completely nonfunctional as a tank due to having no real mitigation
>PLD in Stormblood
Was completely nonfunctional as a main tank in HW due to melting to magic damage compared to the other tanks
>WAR/PLD in 4.00
Were basically nonfunctional in their tanking role with their gauges being arbitrarily halved for no reason when switching stances making them extremely bad at tanking in prog when stance dancing was frequent
>WAR in 4.2
Was deemed too difficult for players in its Deltascape iteration so had its playstyle dumbed-down
>SCH in 5.0
Was far too good at healing due to basically controlling two characters at once so had its ability to multitask reduced significantly to compensate for a more SCH-focused healing kit rather than fairy-focused one
>WHM in 5.0
Had its lilies fixed as they were tied to skills that were only rarely used and were useless even if you did get them. Had them fixed to provide WHM a flexible healing option that allowed them more movement, another weakness they had pre-5.0 (the inability to heal on the move).

hmmm, it looks like LITERALLY NONE of these changes were solely about DPS, even if some resulted in higher DPS or were packaged with (necessary) buffs to potencies, (expected) new skills, or the like.

god damn it it feels so weird doing 2 true strike in a row. it's hurting my brain

Are there any up-to-date FSH leveling guides? It's probably the only DoH/DoL job I can't really stomach.

Attached: 20190807_155558.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

The concept of a "DPS job" needs to fucking die already. Damage should be everyone's responsibility (Because it already is, no one take a grey parsing tank or healer over a blue or purple because you're losing out on a ton of DPS), DPS jobs should be given specific actions unique to them like interrupts or CC to make them required for content beyond simply bringing bigger numbers to the table.

That's a great wall of text and all but they clearly stated in the Liveletter that AST cards were changed because the community wanted to remove the RNG associated with getting spread Balance as that was viewed as the only thing that mattered.
SCH's healing kit didn't get adjusted at all to try and push it back on the SCH, they just reworked how pets function across the board to simplify them. They even got Energy Drain back as a way to dump aetherflow into DAMAGE.
WHM was literally given a damage nuke in ShB and Glare/Dia have the highest potencies between the healers as a way to give them a higher personal DPS relative to the other healers because that was a community complaint. Why bring WHM over AST/SCH if those two can heal an encounter fine?

Do Samurai even still have positionals no action or trait mentions anything about them

>Every post of yours has been trying to call me a shitter in some obtuse way
Probably because you're a shitter who is complaining about having to DPS as a healer because you just want to get carried while watching netflix
>All I'm saying is I wish the community cared more about getting clears than trying to get a bigger damage number on their parse
no you're actually saying you wish the community cared more about getting you your clear without requiring you to put any actual effort out to help

SB fishing is worst part of game. ShB is easy and profitable. Google fishing spreadsheet. Push it a little
>Recomended leves for leveling: Highland Perch to 63 > Sea Pickles to 66 > Sea Lamp leve / Daio Squid or Mitsuriku Shark collectable to 70
you can sell Batfish for gil

Buy a bunch of fish off the MB for levequests, turn in lower level ones if you don't have any higher ones to turn in. I leveled it through HW with that method, blueclaw shirmp was like 50g a pop, the 54 and 56 ones were also cheap, so I just turned in 56 levequests until they stopped showing up and turned in a lower level one to have it reappear.

In SB, you can level via the namzu and custom deliveries are good for a level and a half a week if you just really hate FSH.

This is absurd levels of projection.

this event quest is literally the exact same as last year

I will when you get votekicked, faggot.

>SCH's healing kit didn't get adjusted at all to try and push it back on the SCH, they just reworked how pets function across the board to simplify them
They reworked how pets functioned because it made SCH far too powerful to have extremely potent healing abilities that it could use mid-cast simultaneously with other abilities or to have what's essentially a regen that could tick on command.
>WHM was literally given a damage nuke in ShB
Because without it lily skills would be basically useless as their only advantage would be that they could be used while moving, which isn't useful enough to justify a 30 second cooldown.
> Why bring WHM over AST/SCH if those two can heal an encounter fine?
Because it has higher personal DPS? You literally just answered your own question.
WIth your logic, healers should have literally no way to deal damage, and should just stand there spamming cure/physick/benefic endlessly. Of course, it's sounding like that's actually what you want because it makes it easier for you to get your carry.

Says the shitter who is whining about people having the tools to call him out

the story is different and the jump puzzle got upgraded

positions show on your abilities once you unlock the kenki gauge, they don't effect damage like MNK abilities do

same story though. cat boy tries jump puzzle and fails in a humerous way

Have fun waiting half an hour for your healer replacement :) I will have already requeued and finished by then

the overview is the same but the writing and cutscenes are different

>and finished
not with your 30-minute runs you won't

Look at the last combo move of the three hit combos (Gekko - Back, Kasha - Flank)

tl;dr You get more Kenki (damage resource) if you do proper positionals.

You didn't even know I played healer until a few posts ago and this entire thing hasn't been about not wanting people to do damage just that it shouldn't be the only metric that matters. You can feel free to keep namecalling though if that makes you feel better.
SMN pets were adjusted as well which shows that pet adjustments were more about the perceived jank that was associated with trying to control a second character that directly tied into your performance.
The point I made with WHM is that if it's personal DPS isn't high then people don't give a shit about it. So they buffed it's damage and now everyone cares.
You know there are things other than healing and damage right? You can introduce more support tools, you can have encounters that rely more on passing a mechanic that tanks and healers can assist with instead of it being purely damage related. This is not unique to XIV but most modern MMOs as a whole that have an issue regarding how do you balance classes and design mechanics.

name ONE(1) dungeon that requires a healer.

What anime music should I use while grinding DRG?

SAM: Nujabes and Samurai Champloo stuff
NIN: Naruto Openings and Ninja Gaiden stuff
MNK: Baki (2001) ost along with DBZ music

what site do i find the openers for every class

SMN pets were also adjusted for the same reason, there was too big of a disparity between people who micromanaged their pets and people who left them on sic.
>The point I made with WHM is that if it's personal DPS isn't high then people don't give a shit about it
Wow, just like BLM! I guess they should just remove damage entirely and just have fights require you to heal and tank to fix this egregious issue.
>You know there are things other than healing and damage right?
You mean like mitigation and support skills which are something else people factor in to who is brought to raid? I bet you think people only brought bard in 4.0 because of Foes

>You didn't even know I played healer until a few posts ago
Your role is irrelevant, ultimately you're complaining that people have the tools to tell that you're not playing well, which is something only a shitter would do.

tough question
open fflogs
choose JP parse
timeline > casts

all of them past the first boss of Totorak

damage isn't the only metric that matters

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

>Having rotations in fact is dumb in general
Wanna know how I know you're unable to perform under pressure?

wrong

dragon quest music

If you don’t have a RDM or PLD you literally can’t do content without a healer

No dude trust me, it's just more fun when you press 1 button over and over again and sometimes use another skill.

The purpose of BLM is to do damage. I enjoy playing it for that purpose and what it does.
I'm not disparaging all the things XIV has in terms of support mechanics I just wish they'd go further down that road then viewing damage as the ultimate answer to class balance. What can I say I guess I miss Lotro and the Hope/Dread mechanic tying into how Healers worked along with their standard kits, or support in CoH/X being a defined role, or supplying tons of buffs as Chronomancer in GW2.
I like playing buff and support classes, which generally leads me into healing as that's where that gets pushed too primarily in most modern MMOs. I love seeing Bards use their tools properly, but how much is it really called for in the average day to day fight?
At the end of the day I'm tired seeing community questions always be damage focused, people discussing jobs falling back on "well what's the damage like on it?" and people acting like parsing is more important than actually playing the game.

Why is SMN healing so shit compared to RDM?

what's the most fun dps though if I want to play this game?

>The purpose of BLM is to do damage
And the purpose of WHM is to forego utility spells in favor of higher damage and healing output.

Beat me to it.

Single pulling the entire dungeon while getting rid of the dead weight will be cleared in the same amount of time, sweetie.

Then why do people request that AST and SCH do more damage then?
Why was Energy Drain added back?
Not once have I ever said healers don't need to do damage, the point is they should not be ranked on their damage output.

>I like playing buff and support classes,

God forbid you have to actually ply the game. Every “support” faggot I see always says that wish they could play a buff focused class. They say it’s fun but I know it because you don’t like using your brain so you want a class that makes everyone else stronger at the cost of job complexity. Well gtfo, ffxiv’s way of handling support jobs, while not perfect, I’d far preferable to a solely buff focused job. Weaving it into the kits of other toes like AST cards or DNC dancing, 4.0 BRD songs etc is s great way of still getting support actions while also giving you an engaging kit of other things to do, whether that be dealing damage or healing.

You just blow in from stupid town?

Attached: B9C4F810-943B-4AFA-B689-205B55CAF785.png (338x327, 169K)

>choose jp parse

where do i find this

fun is subjective. we don't know what type of playstyle you like as a dps.

>Then why do people request that AST and SCH do more damage then?
Because AST currently has the identity of being the "buff healer" but its buffs are mostly useless.
>Why was Energy Drain added back?
Play SCH.

I also listed a few ways to do interesting support classes and they are not strictly afking in the corner jacking off while pushing buff buttons.
You can make engaging supports, you can have interesting buff classes. The point is it's frustrating to have that, but only in regards to damage output.

So idiots like you who will never go beyond the normal raids can stay mediocre and be happy about it.

Then go play 11, support cuck. The rest of us will be actually playing the game

>Why was Energy Drain added back?

Lol they could have taken the damage part of ED away completely and it still would have been a 1000% improvement on 5.0 SCH

How do I dancer?
Do I use Devilment before or after Technical step? Do I use Standard Step on CD?

>How do I dancer?

Make sure to regularly take your HRT as prescribed

not him and I may be showing my boomer side here but I hate support players too. I still remember those Forces in PSOBB that would be "support only" casting shift/deband/jellen/zalure/resta/anti and nothing else because they didn't have the attack techs leveled. they were the laziest players and nobody liked them, but there was no kick system in place for PSOBB so you had to deal with them or make a password locked group. a cast that couldn't cast any support spells but brought items to drop trade were infinitely more useful and more bro tier.

>Do I use Devilment before or after Technical step?
Before
>Do I use Standard Step on CD?
Yes

Name Server Stereotypes:
Adamantoise - Slow, nice but they're probably boomers
Cactuar - Meme heavy shitlords
Faerie - Actual legit faggots
Gilgamesh - Can talk the talk, but their parsing 4k in trials.
Midgardsormr - Highly Autistic
Siren - "guys can we all be fwends? @-@"
Sarg - Like Cactuar, but they play like shit
Jenova - FRENCH

The game is regressing mechanically, which I find fascinating. They removed silenced and turned them into interrupts, yet there are extremely few things to interrupt.

They also basically removed casts which you wanted to stun, making every trash pull identical. To the wall and spam aoe. That's every fucking dungeon for the past few years. Then add the same old corridor design and 3 boss mold.

There's a very good chance FFXIV has the most boring dungeon design in the entire MMO genre and that's quite spectacular.

Malboro - lots of grey parsers and people that backpedal and keyboard turn
Leviathan - gilgamesh jr elitists
Lamia - friendly people but suck at the game
Behemoth - bots everywhere in plain sight
Famfrit - very weird people that have questionable mental health
Exodus - gamble card that could be the best player ever or the worst in your group

>get to 36% on e2s
>”oh, this is way easier then people were making it out to be, a bit stressful, but I’m having fun!”
>party disbands
>every other party after that dies early or before 40%-50%
I see now

Attached: C2E45045-52D9-40E0-838D-60B5F3E824F0.png (498x499, 292K)

You can have bad players in any role.
Take MH for example, you have the corner horner HH thinking they are helping by standing 45 miles away and tooting or the guy helping KO the monster and break parts while playing songs.
There are engaging ways to build support/buff jobs and there are passive ways to build it. Just like there are bad players who will always seek the most passive method of play to skate by versus people who want to feel engaged.

in the SB dungeons a lot of enemies can be stunned or interrupted. in fact it's key to surviving big pulls as a tank if you aren't overgeared.

fair enough. I haven't played much of this yet but I do enjoy using oGCD attacks often. monk for example looks really cool and fast but if I'm looking at it right it seems like the GCDs are fast but you're not doing much inbetween them.

Can all the races crossbreed? The only canon cross I remember is the Hyur/Elezen from HW

user, the breasts are right next to the armpit

I don't think I've ever seen a single elitist on Leviathan, that's just a meme

Is scholar suppose to feel this badly? Just level WHM to 80 and felt okay, but SCH feels like shit to far, but currently 56.

Hilda from HW is a halfie and I'm pretty sure the twins are as well.

SCH gets all of its fun tools back to back in the 60 range.
Excog is a life changer.

according to lore yes.

Monk has a fast GCD but not much oGCDs. If you like a lot of oGCDs then Machinist/Bard for ranged or Samurai/Ninja for melee are good options.

>see guy who undercut me in the market last week complaining on the PF about market crashing.
>go to his party and say "my pleasure ;)"
probably the best thing i've done this whole week.

>my grinder bot is more complex than yours
The absolute state of mmo addicts. Detox, drugniggers.

bots are worse than grey parsers

>t. redneck human warrior

There’s mention of a historical Hyur/Au Ra during SB

Imagine weaving Meditate in the opener like a fucking spastic. Balance autists are the worst.

He shouts "Run, you fools!" early into the fight before casting an AOE. He doesn't actually mean "away from this fight" because he speaks contrary to this everywhere else in the fight. He literally gives you a backhanded heads up.

Meditate fishing doesn't really matter.
Anatman on the other hand....

>Going through the MSQ as SAM
>Level 60 HW quests
>Turn on parser
>Other DPS are doing like 10% more damage than me
The pain. I mean sure some of them are wearing 400+ ilevel gear but it's scaled down. As a side note, I've been looking through the Stormblood quests on the wiki. There are almost no dungeons. HW had at least one dungeon per batch of quests with the occasional trial. There better not be more primal rehashes thrown in as progress gates.

Attached: 1476667306728.jpg (1000x706, 174K)

It's flee, not run, and it's not an AOE. It probably is meant to be read as a double meaning, though. The guy literally stabs himself for the phase change, it's not subtle that he's caught between wanting to let go and needing to save his people.

To be honest, I miss having southerners in an FC, I haven't seen a single one in XIV. I guess it's too weeb for them.

Stormblood has what would be the best dungeon in the game if not for a shitty boss

Stormblood has like one less dungeon in that Shisui is optional and not required for MSQ. Otherwise it's the same.

It's the same for Dusk Vigil, which isn't required in HW.

What really make SB feel like there's less dungeons is that there's more cutscenes and longer solo duties throughout, so it really slows you down in comparison to HW. It took me about one full day to go through HW from start to finish while it took me two in SB. There's still the same amount of dungeons throughout, however.

ShB seemed like it took the longest. There wasn't an optional Dungeon you could unlock early and the previous level 57 Trial got pushed back to Level 59. There was such a larger focus on Level 80 quests this time around. Felt a bit stretched thin Dungeon/Trial wise despite having the same overall amount.

Technical Step->Flourish->weak AOE proc->Devilment

You always use Devilment immediately after technical step because otherwise you're wasting half its duration on dancing, plus it lines it up with Trick Attack

>didn't even get to the hardest part of the fight

The weirdest thing about Shadowbringers is that the last level 79 MSQ still gives you exp, but requires you to be level 80 to finish.

Yeah imagine actually pressing a button that increases your damage, while playing as a job that does literally nothing other than deal damage.

...meditate doesn't increase your damage you fucking retard.

The problem with that line of thinking is that no hardship or annoyance is too great if it results in more damage. If there was a job that had to triple weave a dark arts like buff every other GCD to produce an extra 500 DPS more than the top BLMs, they'd do it over and over again for months and hate every second of it.

At what point do you draw the line and say, "playing [job] this way isn't fun even if it's more optimal?" When do you just either settle for less or move on to something else?

>178 potency is 0 potency
>pushing one button in your opener
>hardship or annoyance

>successful fishing attempt
it's not even worth it you dumb faggot.

>what? expecting me to do my job????? fuck off I'm just here for the carry
git gud

this nigga. it's not even necessary
ANATMAN for MNK is 5%
meditate for SAM is basically almost nothing.

is that a fucking nude mod?

>praetorium
>it's another "anyone bring the popcorn?" episode
>it's another party members won't stop telling lahabrea to shut up
hahahaha xD very funny really original

With that logic, might as well not do any DPS. It's "not necessary"

Attached: help.png (1908x1068, 2.97M)

Attached: 1518513214918.gif (314x293, 3.39M)

>It's literally just a 20min long memory game.
I bet that you FFtards think that trying to memorize a deck of cards would be the pinnacle of raid design.

bruh, don't take it that way i'm just saying it's not necessary (because it isn't) but you're autistic ass gotta be turbo about it.

Attached: 1544797938815.jpg (387x420, 48K)

>impossible to see the jump quest because of the amount of people
I'm doing this shit later.

>2019
>still doesn't mod his game

show me a good modded picture.
mods hardly make the game look any better, in fact the shaders you guys use make the game look worse.

Shaders aren't mods and I'm not posting shit here, fag.

>reading chat instead of watching netflix
your own fault

Nude mods and body mods don't even look good. Armor mods look okay but most of the time it's stolen assets and doesn't even fit the tone of the game.

Nude mods objectively look better than the game's assets.

This is your brain on cum.

>being a degenerate

I literally just use nude and feet mods to make the body models look better than unmodded. That's all.

He's right. Why would you use worse models just to prove a point about your lack of a libido?

Oh sorry, forgot this was /pol/. Just use the SFW versions then, which still look better than the stock game assets.

>If it's sexy that makes it better!

>FFXIV is always the same shit and every class feels the same with it's same ass job gauge.
>thinks all the class in wow doesn’t feel the same
>literally every class in wow have about the same utility and CC
>same boring rotation that require no brains to play

Don't forget the one class with above average utility has completely broken Mythic+ and Rogues have been "required" for ages now because people plan around using them to skip for time.

It's more detailed and has a higher polygon count.
Which makes it better.

Attached: modded feet.jpg (843x268, 45K)

Having actual toes makes it strictly better than sausage feet, yes

What does the belly look like? Abs?

Attached: 1434895163524.jpg (343x317, 60K)

My character is wearing shoes and even if it wasn't I don't walk around staring at feet in a video game.
So back to you being a degenerate.

Yes actually not being a blocky PS2 model does make it better

they were also mad that they nerfed it lol do you read motha fucka apparently not.

What does pointing out you guys only like things with your inside out penis have anything to do with /pol/?

you have to go back

Who the fuck stares at characters feet in a video game?

I don't stare at the trees in-game but I still have textures set to high. I don't stare at the floors but I still use anisotropic filtering.
I don't stare at the water but I still have reflections enabled.
I don't walk around naked all the time but other players use open toed footwear or chestpieces that reveal various parts of their upper body.
What's wrong with using superior graphics options?

Attached: 1553308130493.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

How come they don't just make deadly boss mod to show where to move and what's coming up next?

Why do people want cloak physics who the fuck stares at cloaks?
Why to people want footsteps in snow or sand? Who stares at footsteps?
Why do people want graphics?
I don't get it.

I doubt player feet is on the same level regard visual real estate as trees or tilesets.
Unless you literally zoom the camera in and aim it down when are you going to notice the finer details of a bare foot texture.
Ingame texture options are not equivalent to downloading mods.

if there's any kind of rotation how complex it is is irrelevant
mmos need rng-reaction based classes instead of rotations
rotations are fucking dull and take no skill only memorisation

>Ingame texture options are not equivalent to downloading mods.
Okay so if there was an in-game option to increase the polycount of feet would you be offended by it?
Is it simply because it's a mod?

>Character walking therefore facing away from camera
>Cloaks make up a large amount of the model
>Footsteps would be easily seen in snow or sand
>The individual detail of the foot is not going to be seen on a character walking away from the camera
Unless you go out of your way to do so when are you really going to see bare feet, not even mentioning the amount of closed shoes or boots characters are wearing.

Okay. Show me that. All modders have shown me are just waifu mods copy and pasted from other games and body types that would make CBBE look normal.

If a graphical option improved the quality of textures of something like character's feet I probably wouldn't even notice it because it's such a small thing.
Downloading a mod means going out of your way to break ToS and find 3rd party graphics to replace ingame graphics with because you are really concerned about the quality of feet. You should go play Age of Conan you can be topless without even modding and then nobody will question you about being a degenerate.

/pol/ is the only one pushing their stupid christfag meme, well, /pol/ and some tumblrina SJWs but considering all the trannyposting in these threads it could go either way.

What do I level next?

Attached: job.jpg (370x463, 50K)

Hey you realize there are other characters besides you right?
You know there are cutscenes that do frequently close in on the characters yeah?

I'm not advocating for the mod that gives various mounts cocks, I'm just saying I like the more detailed feet models that are available. That's it. I don't consider it particularly offensive, creepy or vulgar. They're just nicer looking feet.

There are so many texture options that are "such a small thing" do you use AA at all? It's a really small thing.

Stop arguing with confused normalfags, they think this is reddit.

WAR, pull that bandaid off now

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry.
Not sure what good I thought it would do.

It doesn't really matter what combat job my retainer is right

And that's why I'm saying show me a collection of mods that make the game look good.

Why did you bring normalfag and Reddit into this?

>There are so many texture options that are "such a small thing" do you use AA at all? It's a really small thing.
The only thing you have shown is improved feet and brought up nude mods, is that your higher ground for graphical quality?
Do you need to be aroused to be interested in anything? Are you sitting in Eulmore zooming in on characters feet to admire your new level of graphical fidelity?

on spriggan in new gridania there is an army of bots at the aetheryte
it looks like they broke because they are just standing there
there's groups of them in a few locations around new gridania too just doing nothing at all
wew

>show me a collection of mods that make the game look good.
Okay.

Attached: modlist.png (265x365, 9K)

Because only normalfags are the ones who sperg out about people using mods. Usually consolefags too

>those names
Holy shit are you really trying to say you aren't a degenerate waifufag.

Attached: laughingknifeear.png (220x175, 79K)

>Tight and firm
You mean that mod that changes the body type to look out of place?

I don't know, why do people buy 4k monitors? Do they sit in Eulmore and zoom in on the pixels and admire their new level of graphical fidelity?

EU has no moderation. Good luck.

>mod that gives various mounts cocks,

Attached: 1542899487220.jpg (396x922, 38K)

>Improved feet is equivalent to an entire experience in 4k.
Boy you are reaching.

>You need to think about card management
>No you don't.

If you're throwing out cards with little regard for your surroundings, I can see why it'd feel that way. Your rDPS contribution will be ~800ish.

You've got to try optimizing cards based on your DPS and where they are in their rotations. It's fun as fuck.

Attached: rdps.png (503x332, 21K)

>run weekly clears on E1s and E2s
>brain forgets half the mechanics and prog made on E3s

Attached: 7568498133.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

>2 second gcd

Attached: 23D353CA-432C-4930-8444-830FBFAA0BF7.jpg (745x732, 45K)

Oh you do understand why someone would appreciate graphical fidelity?
I see.

XIV rotations are so simple though. The abilities light up and say PRESS ME.
Also you have a GCD of a minute so theres plenty of time to remember what to hit next.

Imagine being such a pathetic beta cuck that you intentionally play on consoles and then fox and grapes about mods

Brainlet here, is deployment tactics just for spreading st galvanize when you line up a bunch of healing buffs on the initial target?

Pulling all 3 packs at the beginning of that dungeon with 3 other randoms is just asking for trouble.

Nice projection.
Yeah and there's a difference between improved feet and nude mods versus 4k.

Nobody said anything about consoles though.

2.5, you stack sks on sam because they are a meme job

Only consolefags get this triggered and angery about people using mods.

How would you know they're on consoles?

No you don't, SAM wants minimal SS.

>Yeah and there's a difference between improved feet and nude mods versus 4k.
And there's a difference in 4k and tesselation and AA and SSAO and AF and shadows and shaders and particle effects and textures and models and all of these things combine to make what we call graphics.
So why would you want any single one of them to be less than the best available to you?

Then why aren't you showing off any mods that improve anything over making the models easier to fap too?
You keep throwing out this is about having the best graphics available but judging by your mod list you really just want something to jack off too.

Changed with 5.05

Because I agree with what you said about the other mods, they're corny and out of place or models ripped from other games. Those mods I listed are not, they're simply higher fidelity replacements for the body models in-game. There's no downside to it.

NIN is the meme job

The fucking Elezen in the mask in this event is literally just Urianger (forma de negro) without the beard. I get they don't want to make custom faces but at least stop using the same face hair combinations. I've seen too many Thancreds.

Nope, it wasn't. Hagakure is a DPS loss so you still want minimal SS to line up your stuff without having to use it.

You forgot about my post.