Why does this console cause so much asshurt...

Why does this console cause so much asshurt? Every time I see it brought up ps and saturn faggots jump to bash it instantly

Attached: n64.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerankings.com/browse.html
wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-vs-ps4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because PSX/Saturn fags had no friends to experience all the great 4 player games on it

Attached: 1560027709526.png (530x384, 185K)

Playstation was far better. The graphics were better, game library far bigger and the controller wasn't a stupid fucking Frankenstein's monster.

Absolutely minuscule library of games put on a pedestal by nostalgiafags.

I just fixed my old N64 and it's a good time still but so is PS1.

literally no games

>Why does Console A from genX causes Console B and ConsoleC faggots to jump on it?
Oh, no idea...maybe cause console war?
Maybe cause it happens with any other console from any generation and not just with the N64?
If you bring up PS2, XBOXfags will come up.
If you mention 360, PS3 and Wii fags will come up.
So on and on.

The games were 90% bing bang wahoo and the controller was designed to sexually stimulate your mother.

>The graphics were better

>Why does this console cause so much asshurt?
They probably sat on a controller.

Or worse still, tried to use one.

>Always a Nintendofag growing up
>Brother always had Sony consoles so got to play on both
Feels good back when it was actually worth owning multiple consoles.

>the controller was designed to sexually stimulate your mother
>3 handles
>Ass
>Vagina
w-what am I missing?

Its the opposite really. Lowpoly threads are often ruined by 64kids trying to chase the PS1/Saturn/DS people out.

I could see PSfags being butthurt because their console drowned under an avalanche of shitty games, but saturnfags, do they even exist?

I experienced local 10-player multiplayer with Saturn Bomberman :^)

because back then systems were different enough that you could actually make a compelling argument for one or the other

This.
Even Saturn had more good games but it got cucked in the west because of the "no 2d" policy some asshat at Sega of America came up with.

>The graphics were better
Why would you lie on the internet

Soul Reaver , Final Fantasy IX Vagrant Story

Attached: jpg.jpg (690x388, 33K)

I played a lot of N64 games with friends, Smash Bros, San fransico Rush, Turok, Pokemon Stadium, and Beetle Adventure Racing most of all. But even as an adolescent, I liked the PS1 far more, I thought games like Mega Man Legends and Gex played a lot better on the PS1, and Spyro and Crash were a lot more fun than Zelda in my opinion. I didnt even know the Saturn existed, hell my mom rented me Sonic Adventure because she thought it was a Sega CD game. But if I knew the Saturn existed I probably would have wanted one because I really liked Sega at the time. Honestly though I wouldn't have been very pleased with it's lack of games.

>posting a still image so it doesn't show the jittery as fuck models in the PS one
epic

Doubt.

why are nintendofags still so insecure about their nogaems machine?

>Because PSX/Saturn fags had no friends to experience all 4 games on it
FTFY

>texture warping
>no texture filtering
>no AA
yep, N64 has better graphics

I just wish there was a good third party controller, all of them are terrible and the joysticks aren't accurate.

Also, anyone know of any good PS2/DS2 controllers? My OG one finally broke

Controller destroys brainlets but still isn't that good for someone who knows how to use it. Fairly weak library to the point where making an n64 classic is easy because it only has about 20 games anyway.

HURR HURR DA SNES WOS SO MUCH BETA DAN PS1!!! WHY NOSTALGIAFAGS ALWAYS PRETEND PS1 WAS BETTER??? SNES BTFO PS1 HURR HURR

>the controller wasn't a stupid fucking Frankenstein's monster.
LMAO YOU NEED 3 HANDS AMIRITE

now show me a PS1 game that looks better than perfect dark, DK64 or majora's mask

Maybe it's because I got lucky and none of my games ever required me to use the L button or the D-pad (except Pokemon Stadium which conveniently made virtually no use of the analog), but I never ever had any trouble with the N64 controller. Two hands were enough.

When did people decide the 64 controller was bad? I never had any problem with it at all at the time. Is it just because dual shock knockoffs became so standard nobody can use anything different?

Attached: spyro.jpg (480x360, 20K)

What a fancy euphemism for blur

>When did people decide the 64 controller was bad?
when the dualshock came out and rendered it obsolete immediately. the stupid layout and horrendous build quality of the n64's analog stick doesn't help matters.

kids were literally drilling holes in their hands because of Mario Party

Reminder that there has, and has always been, an agenda against the N64 for no reason.
(copy and paste this when necessary).

Reminder that there has, and has always been, an agenda to push the N64 for no reason.

This.

>stick easily receives wear and tear and becomes loose
>doesn't feel good like this but its required for some games like MP

Despite being 22% of the 5th generation console owners almost all video game reviewers from that gen are 64kids

yeah, it's all part of the nefarious agenda to... support consoles that have more than five games.

These people are proof. Remember to copy and paste it

>Reminder that there has, and has always been, an agenda against the N64 for no reason.
>agenda against the N64
>people to this day deepthroat SM64 and the like

I've obviously struck a nerve with a number of people.

Copy/paste the message.

Copy/paste the message.
Done :)

ITT seething nintendies

Attached: 1514159078751.jpg (1718x1606, 371K)

Further proof in this topic.

Attached: 1524196383028.jpg (795x544, 132K)

clit

Stop avatarfagging

Why would anyone feel the need to argue about which console is or was better? I loved my Nintendo 64, I understand why others loved their Playstation, I don't need to be superior. Why would you care?

N64 is only good for multiplayer games and a handful of single player games. If you have no friends, it will lose its appeal really fast. The Playstation is the ultimate no friends machine.

this.

I genuinely had every damn kid in the neighourhood bloc at my place hosting kid torunaments of Tekken,Street Fighter Alpha 2,twisted metal etc .
Meanwhile N64 kids just jerked off to Pokemons snap or some shit

Nostalgiabait the console

I had friends over even for single player games such as silent hill

Is there a proper way to do the X wrap with the cable on the N64 controller?
I've been doing it like this.

Attached: file.png (341x278, 5K)

Not sure but I was the life of the party because I had all the consoles and we just played whatever we felt like at the time.

seething

I had a ps1 and a n64 and I love both, but I also like video games unlike the retarded niggers who come here to act contrarian.

ps1 had shitty graphics and shitty games

Attached: 1521330228391.png (1080x1029, 214K)

>Saturn
I understand PS1 fanboys arguing against the N64 but the Saturn is why Sega stopped making hardware and isn't very good at all.

>not adding a loop of slack where the cord goes into the controller housing

Enjoy breaking your connections

The Saturn is way better than the N64 and actually outsold it in Japan.

Because lots of kids had an N64 and nothing else and as a result have a pathetically stunted and Nintendo-centric view of gaming in the late 90s, and instead of growing up and discovering the broader picture like everyone else did, N64 babies seem to be stuck in their circle-jerk for eternity.

I liked and own all three consoles so i dont know.

Attached: 1564935430392.png (800x799, 1.04M)

Because the N64, like all nintendo hardware, was garbage but was kept alive by nintendo.
t. still play my n64 regularly

Pretty much this, and its something particular of the 64 owners, not Nintendo owners in general.
I guess it has to do with the library, if you search on youtube top 10 games of x console you will get wildly different lists, except for the 64, where everyone places the same games over and over.

why does it always come down to "ackchually people that like this are literal crawling infants" for fuck's sake come up with something new

Attached: 1542190435044.jpg (884x605, 205K)

>tfw have all 3 consoles with modchips and an everdrive

Attached: 5cd673c94ff58.jpg (376x504, 11K)

Yet somehow this isn't the answer when someone asks why the Sega Genesis doesn't cause asshurt when it's brought up. Outside of transparent current-year shilling the only other group I can think of as deluded as N64-only kids are the 80s Home Computer die-hards who can't accept that people actually preferred colorful, fast-paced, well-animated Nintendo games like Super Mario Brothers over Jet Set Willy. And that's mostly butthurt Euros obsessed with Americans.

non n64 kids were practically neglected by their parents, they missed out on a childhood and good games

had all the late 90s consoles. saturn is great for fighting games, n64 for shooters, ps1 for RPGs. what is so hard admitting that each console had strengths/weaknesses? fucking children.

there is no substitute for quality
nothing on psx or saturn came close to zelda 64 or mario 64 or goldeneye or smash, deal with it

>muhh childhood wank
I swear to god majority of retards on /vr/ are N64 fags

The 64MB cartridge was an utterly obsolete medium in 1996 nintendo fucked up big time. This was a console for kids and a toy, unlike adult entertainment systems like PS and Sega Saturn

imagine waiting 40 seconds between every smash brothers match lmao

Having 1 9/10 game isn't better than having 100 8/10. It gets repetitive, I have already played all the 64 could offer a decade and a half ago, yet I still discover new SNES, PS1 and DS games that catch my attention, an experience most 64 fanatic people won't ever know.

squaresoft's ps1 lineup alone ran circles around the entire n64 library that generation.

I'd rather play the best games ever made than a mountain of reject games
gamerankings.com/browse.html

imagine paying more and having less games to choose from.

Attached: cartridgecosts.jpg (725x468, 69K)

yeah? now look at them, a twisted joke!
while nintendo's still going strong and saving the industry from staleness

get a better job then
beats cutting your eyes on ps1 jaggies

so would i, which is why i owned a playstation and a dreamcast back then. no paid reviews, no overpriced cartridges, no bullshit, just god-tier games.

dreamcast was overrated, everyone knows dk64 was better than the entire first year dreamcast lineup

>yeah? now look at them, a twisted joke!

Attached: 1564537623422.jpg (1080x581, 90K)

that says more about the snoy subhuman consumer base than anything

btw
wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-vs-ps4/

let me guess: when nintendo sold 100 million wiis to casuals and non-gamers, it was really discerning consumers choosing the superior product.

And that is the problem I have with you people.
The only way to justify the 64's micro library is by throwing shit at every other console in existence, not only the PS1 and Saturn, but also every other Nintendo platform.
If the 64 isn't the absolute best and everything else "reject, trash, shovelware, inferior" then you cannot justify the console and you have to accept it had flaws.

The 64 had some of the great games of the late 90's, but that is it, some. Poor decision making and choices led to it losing a huge part of the support the SNES had, both consumer-wise and developer-wise. It has a flawed micro library that loses in size even to the fucking Dreamcast, a failed consoles, and the Gameboy Color, an special edition of a console. It is far from what an ideal console should be, it is far from the best Nintendo console.
Stop over-glorifying everything in it, stop acting as if everything else was trash or obsolete, because I guarantee you if half of the stuff you call "shovelware" on the PS1 had been a N64 exclusive you would be calling it "genius"

that's weird, because i remember nintendofags bragging about getting the dreamcast's old scraps like it was the greatest thing ever.

Attached: Sonic_adv_2_battle_box.jpg (816x1138, 423K)

This i see n64 fags, bring up quest64 as a solid title.

>let me guess: when nintendo sold 100 million wiis to casuals and non-gamers, it was really discerning consumers choosing the superior product.
naturally, all nintendo fans are blessed from heaven, which as you know is the translation of 'nintendo'

>because I guarantee you if half of the stuff you call "shovelware" on the PS1 had been a N64 exclusive you would be calling it "genius"
most n64 3rd party exclusives were shovelware
nintendo has not stopped innovating and making great games, yamauchi was right about snoys, you like playing slow paced repetitive games in dark rooms

>every nintendo fan is the same person

>nintendo has not stopped innovating and making great games
yessssss! i love based nintendo's innovation!

Attached: 1564418114196.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

>Saturn fans

This isn't a thing. Aside from a few decent games even most Saturn owners will acknowledge it was mostly a turd.

Bro, no. How old are you?

Me on the right

Attached: 1549780283889.png (512x512, 533K)

>have gun
>have nigger problem
>have family problems
>suicide
F see me after class.

nintendo keeps making nsmb cause japanese kept getting dizzy over 3d mario games, its a shame

what if you change your mind? just wait a month

No one is angry about the N64, they are angry at their cult like fanbase which believes Nintendo is God's gift to humanity while shunning everything else without giving it a chance, case in point

I just like winding people up, you don't think I'm actually serious do you?

You nailed the average YouTube jerkoff

finally got around to modding my 64 so now it can play JP carts

Densha de go here I come

Attached: 1539100897927.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

I dont even own a switch and havent played smash ultimate