Why is this goddamned game so motherfucking hard? Even basic enemies can kill you easily...

Why is this goddamned game so motherfucking hard? Even basic enemies can kill you easily, and good luck fighting more than 2 enemies at once, someone inevitably gets behind you, hits you twice, and you're near dead. Then you get punished for fucking dying, in a FROMSOFT game, why? Also the combat is the same fucking shit each fight,

>be terrified and slowly inch towards enemy
>block at all times, just in case an enemy MAY touch you
>either spam R1 nonstop to set them up for an instant kill and pray you can deflect
>try to deflect when half these attacks are hard to even tell wtf they're gonna do

The bandits with axes at that estate are fucking nightmares, you block one swing and they just go eh fuck this and smack you anyway right after. I can't even beat this cheap ass "shinobi hunter", because I get stuck fighting the shit lock on system to deal with his fucking friends who allow him to fuck me over.

>use the M-m-mikri counter

You expect me to fucking tap a non deflect/block related button when this dude is lunging me with that fucking spear LMFAO are you retarded?

Attached: lady-butterfly-gallery-2-wiki-guide.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sWJ3LoKHkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this game is fuckin bullshit man

lol

git gud scrub

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

>Then you get punished for fucking dying, in a FROMSOFT game, why?
you mean exactly like in all of their other games??

>struggling in a game with infinite stamina and a dedicated high reaching vertical jump button
I'm laffin

>We have trurly become the Dark Soul™

Sounds like you're just starting out, keep at it and you'll grow familiar with the patterns before you know it. Also I do expect you to dash into all thrusts in the game as it obliterates them, why would you not do it?

You shouldn’t be blocking at all times. You’re just asking to be de-postured like a bitch. Learn to go for deflects instead and be aggressive. Don’t waste time and always have your next step planned

You can shit on pretty much all enemies by kiting them, waiting for them to whiff attacks with longer recovery and then attack them, rinse repeat.
Some slightly differ from this, like lady butterfly, but for her
>attack, attack, dodge forward at an ange
rinse repeat, then when she vanishes to summon illusions stand behind her by the statue and then attack her to cancel the illusion shit, then rinse repeat

Attached: 1329474844862.png (320x287, 107K)

>even basic enemies can kill you

Literally. How. After ten minutes, the pattern is fucking basic as shit. How are you so bad at this?

This tactic works for any game, but it will also make your game not fun and you will always stay bad at the game.

I got the Platinum and had fun the entire time. Just don’t get mad at videogames

>>be terrified and slowly inch towards enemy
Stop playing this like a Souls game. You can be the first strike to put them on the defensive because they are forced to go into a block stance. Literally just keep mashing R1 until you see the bright yellow flash or they whip out a super armor move, avoid it, and repeat.

Attached: bullshit.png (174x174, 31K)

Fault of the designers for allowing it.
Most people will instincitvely fall back on
>minimum input, maximum output
Meaning the easiest effective strat will be the default strat.
It's why in say fighting games most pro players will pick the best character that is still pretty easy, over picking the absolute best character (but is much harder).

If you’re here for actual advice, there here. Leave the past area after getting the fire barrel and shinobi axe. The continue towards the castle. You don’t need to be fighting Lady Butterfly or anyone else there just yet

That’s literally the worst possible way to play the game

It's the easiest way to play the game. Almost fell asleep from how little effort I had to put into the game.

sounds like mad fun, how long does it take to kill lady butterfly with this shitty cheesing?

The difficulty curve is the fast part of a rollercoaster. Once you rematch Genichiro it'll be a breeze.

4 hours, that's genuinely how retards like that guy play.

>sounds like mad fun, how long does it take to kill lady butterfly with this shitty cheesing?
Not that long. Second try maybe 10mins.
Meanwhile other people spend hours trying to beat her "properly" when I've already moved on.
Then they get stuck on shit like the bull which I beat on my first try.

That's because From Software saw how popular Dark Souls became after the "dude it's the hardest game ever" meme so they decided to make the game borderline impossible for the average gamer

Attached: 1561429477480.jpg (720x694, 59K)

It’s not the fault of any designers. Games are about having fun. If you treat them like a chore and ignore all the functionalities they give you in favour of sitting back kiting enemy after enemy, that’s your own prerogative. It’s like saying it’s the designer’s fault you decided to play checkers with chess pieces

you might be just bad
the game is easy

I'm terrible at from soft games and to be honest not that big a fan of dark souls. That said I platinumed this game so yeah my guy get good. lmao

you
you’re literally bragging about being bad at the game. i don’t know what to say

It's unironically a chore to play. I hated it.
On the opposite, Bloodborne is enjoyable and mostly fair.

Yup. And then they call the game boring and tedious because they never learned to play it right and stuck with pussy strats

WHAT were they THIIINKIIING

if you thought sekiro was a chore to play it’s because you sucked dick at the game and played like a running pussy

>cheese strats
filthy casual

It's entirely the fault of the designers for allowing (or not thinking about) that kind of approach.
Again, one of the most common human behaviours is the path of least resistance. Min input, max output.
This is especially a problem if the "proper" and more challenging way is also very uninteresting, like in is in Sekiro. Seriously, just mindlessly parrying and occasionally jumping isn't interesting at all. So might as well pick the equally braindead option that is easier.
It's not like the game had any interesting combos or shit to sink your teeth into, it was pure buttonmashing.

Not bragging, simply saying that I breezed through the game. If you have trouble in this game and want to progress, there are ways to do so easily.

The path of least resistance would be to get good and not spend 20 hours on every boss fight and area in every game you ever play lol

>Even basic enemies can kill you easily, and good luck fighting more than 2 enemies at once, someone inevitably gets behind you, hits you twice, and you're near dead. Then you get punished for fucking dying

zoom zoom

Attached: 1557116773299.gif (300x263, 20K)

>The path of least resistance would be to get good
No, because that would require more effort. Which is the point.
What is the most effective way that requires the least amount of effort is how our brains are programmed to work. It's a survival instinct that linger until today, to not waste more energy than necessary while still achieving he result you need.
Again, if the designers don't want players to do this then they could've easily made it so people couldn't. But they didn't. If this is through incompetence or it being intentional is up in the air, but the designers are responsible either way. So if you don't like it, blame the designers for making it a viable strat.

Also as I said, if they made the combat more interesting and not as brain-dead I might've been interested in getting into it more for mental stimulation. But when it's just braindead parrying I couldn't be assed. I all honesty I lost interest in the game around the time I got to that water palace near the end. Cleared the area with the fish and then swam through, then I kinda just lost interest and booted up Hitman 2 instead.

not the games fault that your adaptability is shit

So the way you play games is to find the first thing that works, no matter how boring and ride it until you win? I pity you. I honestly, truly pity you.

You're just garbage

Attached: Boss Fighters.png (2872x1424, 131K)

The adjustment period at the start is rough but it will get better. I enjoyed the combat a lot, just the feeling of clashing swords is amazing

>So the way you play games is to find the first thing that works
No, try reading. People will look for the way that takes the least effort but still achives the desired result. That's standard human behaviour almost everyone follows.
My strat varied a bit against different bosses and enemies, like with the bull you just ran after him and hit him while he drifted, if he ever tried to ram you then you just dodge right through him and his attack will miss. Rinse repeat. Another strat was with lady butterfly, etc.
Those long leg bosses were basically just blocking until they did their unblockable low move, then you jumped and him them. Rinse repeat.

If the combat isn't deep and interesting enough, then I have no reason to get into it either if I can easily beat the game anyway. Does parrying make Sekiro more fun to play? No. Because parrying is by itself is uninteresting and shallow. Then again combat in Soulsborne games has always been shallow.

The average gamer shouldn't be playing this since they suck so much

How do you keep playing the game and not learn enemy patterns?

The most efficient way should be the most skillful way should be the most fun way. Anything else is a failure of game design.

>playing the game right requires more effort

Attached: Dog.gif (320x620, 3.44M)

It’s not. The parrying is really forgiving so you can just react to anything thrown your way and be fine. Plus you end with 10 gourds by the end that heal a ton and have lots of healing consumables some of which let you respawn.

>How do you keep playing the game and not learn enemy patterns?
I did. That's the point. You learn which attack leave enemies open and you avoid the rest.

Playing the game "wrong" shouldn't be an easier way to victory.

That's exactly what you're doing though. You're doing slight variations on the same strategy, which is kiting and running away. Then you complain you're not having fun because games seem to be a method of punishing yourself. You complain there's no depth, but you clearly don't know the first thing about the game, judging by your fixation on parrying, or even the actual weakness to Bull or Butterfly.

>use hit and run tactics
>complain why the game is so boring

I enjoyed the boss fights. Even though I got killed a lot even by the early ones. But what made me give up was having to kill all the basic enemies around a boss before having to fight him. It's fun to fight a boss that killed you because you're trying new stuff to finally get him. Clearing an area in the same exact way for the fifth time just to get to the fun part is just boring.

Every boss attack is an opportunity to speed things up. Why would you wanna prolong the fight?

You can just run past them.

Why are you fighting them every time?

Hey user

>R1 until you see the bright yellow flash
>the bright yellow flash
?

I know every single system in the game and you're kidding yourself if you think the game even has a sliver of depth to the combat.
I played the game properly at first, hoping they would expand the systems, but they never did. So I got bored and fell back on easier strats that took less effort just so I could plow through the game and sell it.

Look I get it, you're really proud for having mastered and beat a game that is "hard" and has a basic and shallow combat system that is perfect for your. But some people require more depth to be engaged.

It's boring either way. One way just takes less effort.

If the boss’s posture recovery is high, don’t deflect, just dodge until their health is halved. At that point deflect/jump/mikiri like a crazy person.
>Mikiri counter
I sucked at it too, until I was forced to git gud in ng+. You’ll get the hang of it.

You don't really have a choice do you? I mean the ones in the same area as the boss. Like the ones around the drunkard guy.

>tfw Mikiri Counter into Death Blow

Attached: Stride.png (861x549, 528K)

The game is deep. Is just that the depth is in countering and deflecting, not attacking.

I beat him my first try but I can see that

You clearly didn't understand a thing if you think parrying is the end all be all of combat.

Timing the press of a single button isn't deep.
It's like saying perfect guarding in a fighting game is deep.

It’s a rhythm game. Those can be deep.

Parries in fighting games are deep

So you never learnt to engage enemies. That's like playing bayonetta without dodge offset, you are ruining your own fun.

>It’s a rhythm game. Those can be deep.
No, they rely on reaction, muscle memory and mechanical skill (practice). There is no depth or actual thought required.

Do you think perfect guarding in fighting games is something that can be just done on command?

Some fights had puzzle mechanics and the Father Owl and Isshin fights required at least some strategy.

Underrated reply. Just relax, when the game frustrates you, put it down, come back to it later if you feel. As for mikiri counters, I learned the timing by practicing on low level spearbro, right next to wear you fight the chained ogre.

Also for shinobi hunter, you can sneak through the brush next to him to take out half of his life, take advantage of the cheese if you can.

Until they deflect you, then it's your turn to defend. Most bosses are generally harder when you give them freedom. Put pressure on them, their defensive options have more openings.

Is mikiri counter the most satisfying move in any action game?

Attached: 1555589645848m.jpg (1022x1024, 130K)

Halving HP isn't the same as fucking throwing out NPC dialogue and sidequests

It's not hard, it's fun.

Git gud fucking casul i 100% the game and made it to ng+4 in 93 hours

6/10
You were doing pretty good until the last line, hard to believe someone would be that retarded

Not really, but there is more going on there at least since then you have to try and figure out your opponents moves and habits. A real person.
In a game enemies follow scripted patterns which are easily figured out.

Did you read what I said. I said it's not deep. Which parrying isn't. It's the timing of a button press. Just like perfect guardiing.

Let me summarize this for you
>the combat in sekiro is shallow and lack mental stimulation, making it boring (no mashing the attack button until the enemy does an attack you can parry/counter doesn't make it deep)
>you can spend way less effort to defeat all enemies in the game in alternate ways, but it's just as boring as normal

If devs didn't want players to play like this they should've either disallowed it or made the core combat deeper.

I thought it was useless until I fought Father Owl. Now I think it’s better than sex.

Dark Soul Train

The game dumps dragon tears on you bruh.

Its kind of hard.

Attached: sekiro.png (957x222, 93K)

>fights required at least some strategy.
You could beat them in the exact same manner. I know, because I did. Or well, not the final boss since I got too bored and dropped the game before that.

Literally none of those side quests are too important. Also there are more droplets than bosses in the game.

That's dark man

>Sekiro is so hard
If THIS girl can beat the game you have literally no excuse:
youtube.com/watch?v=2sWJ3LoKHkk

It's a bog standard counter. Nioh had tons of them.

The sounds effects and animations make me cum though

for this game, it really is just git gud

my first 3 hours i was dying to trash constantly

my last 3 hours I was 5 playthroughs in making absolute mincemeat of every boss

all you have to do is learn enemy patterns, that's it.

also i dont care if the last line is bait, mikiri counter is so absolutely busted you're an idiot for not learning it.

Only one of the four phases of the final boss can be reliably cheesed by hit and run. And even that becomes risky on ng+ and beyond. Also I’m pretty sure you can’t cheese Hirata Owl reliably. Did you even fight him? he’s a secret boss, I missed him on my first run, had to do him on ng+

fucking dsp beat the game
no one has an excuse

Because in Sekiro parrying is not the last word in combat. It's just another one of your tools which you can use to set up your offence. You don't understand that, which is why you insist that parrying is all there is to the game. You say you played the game "properly", but reading through your posts it's plainly obvious you didn't.
And for the record, parrying in fighting games isn't just "the timing of the button press". It's all about anticipation, and the attacker anticipating that anticipation and trying something different instead. Just boiling it down to a button press really says a lot about you and how much you understand depth

I played this on PC with a wireless XBONE controller that randomly disconnected.

None of you played on a harder mode than me.

That's just retarded, user

Yeah it sucked ass.

Genius decision to start the final boss fight with Genichiro. Mowing him down in 20 seconds illustrates the progress you've gone through

The basic idea of Sekiro is to attack until the enemy does an attack you can counter/parry or you should stop your offense briefly. That's the core combat of the game.
By itself there is nothing interesting about it since it's the same shit all game long with no expansion or depth.
This isn't Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta or some shit. The combat is incredibly shallow. Might've been just right for you, but some people require more.

>And for the record, parrying in fighting games isn't just "the timing of the button press". It's all about anticipation, and the attacker anticipating that anticipation and trying something different instead. Just boiling it down to a button press really says a lot about you and how much you understand depth

Mechanically a perfect guard is just a timed button press. There is NO depth to that mechanically.
The "depth" in a fighting game comes more from the psychological aspect of the human opponent and you trying to read them (and to a certain extent, which combos to use in which situation, which isn't present in Sekiro). There is no human opponent in Sekriro, only an extremely predictable AI. Which you figure out in seconds. Especially since they all use the same core behaviour.

I get it. You love Sekiro and think it's this super deep game even though you can't put forth any arguments or examples to support it. You have invested yourself in the game so you get upset when peopel say something you like isn't perfect, beause you take it as a personal attack

The fact is that Sekiro isn't deep for anyone used to any kind of action game like NG, Bayonetta, DMC, or w/e. It's even more shallow than Nioh. It's thus boring and many people fall back on equally boring but easier strats just to get the game over with.
Some can autistically sharpen their aim in Overwatch and consider that fun, but to me that game is so incredibly shallow and lacking in nuance that I'm bored after just one match. Some people simply require more mental stimuli

I used to think like you for the first 3 or 4 hours of the game, then I "got" it and every fight it feels like I'm in The Zone and it feels so fucking good and addicting to parry. Isshin is the best Fromsoft final boss they ever made.

Attached: 31512312.jpg (964x752, 89K)

He's a good tilt detector, I immediately put down the game for a few hours if I lost a resurrection to him. Ironically enough, I beat Isshin after dying twice to Genichijobber.

He really is
>reach the Genichiro
>dumpster him first try without any healing
>after a couple of attempts at Isshin keep dying to Genichiro nonstop for like an hour
>stop playing for the day
>beat Isshin in less than 10 attempts next day